Queer & Pregnant: September, October & November - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-13-2010, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome 2moms!!! Congrats on your April Fool's baby!

wehrli-
how did the weekend with the family go? Doesn't sound too pleasant!

quasar- good to see you! Complain away!!

megan_sacha- YAY for a good-sleeping baby! Sorry your oldest is having a rough time. Hopefully it's a short phase. Glad to hear you're healing ok.

burg- good luck at the scan today. Come on baby, show your bits!!

AFM- We ended up not doing anything with the nursery this weekend. Instead we bought a new car! We had a Toyota Tacoma access cab truck and the carseat just wouldn't fit and after researching the safety issues we figured out we had to just bite the bullet and trade in the truck. We loved that truck. But it's on to a family car! We got a Scion XA, a sporty little hatchback so it doesn't look like a family car but it has plenty of room and four doors and the carseat fits! Hopefully we'll do more nursery stuff next weekend.

I also have my maternity photo shoot next Sunday. Can't wait!!! Besides that, I'm starting to feel VERY uncomfortable. Just huge, and achy and sore. But I expected it. *sigh*

My BP was up a little at my midwife appt on Friday. It's usually 120/70 but all three times, even laying down, it was 120/80. She isn't concerned yet, but wants to nip it in the bud. So I'm supposed to eat lots of cucumbers and make sure I get 100 grams of protein a day. That is NOT easy. Ugh. I usually get a lot but keeping track kinda sucks. I've been complaining a lot in my head.

Hope everyone else had a great weekend!!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 04:40 PM

It's a girl!

They couldn't get a good look at the face or heart so we're going back for another ultrasound next week, I am so excited to get to see her again

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
Old 09-13-2010, 05:40 PM

2moms3kids--welcome!

werhli--I remember wondering for several week if I was feeling Baby move (mostly when I was wearing a seatbelt) and now that I feel her pretty much all day and night long, I think that those first feelings felt just like the ones I have now, only much smaller! Even if everyone says, "no you can't feel them yet" I think you should just go ahead and believe it!

quasar--I agree, complain here, we don't mind, and we'll probably take a turn!

Megan--thanks for the news from the "other side" it still seems far away and right around the corner!

Monarch--too bad you don't live here--I picked 9 giant cucumbers in my garden yesterday and have no idea how I'll use them all up--why exactly are they good for your bp??

Burg--another girl! congratulations!

AFU--my complaint--my hip pain (which I think is becuase of a birth defect i had corrected as an infant) feels like a nail being driven through the socket a couple of times during the night--I think I'm just going to have to sleep less at night and take more naps as I can sleep comfortably for some periods of time--or we will have to invest in a recliner for me to sleep in, but I have a hard time sleeping without dp next to me (even though she is on the other side of my 9 pillows). In the category of "i just want to share" information, I visited a really nice childcare today. My part time work right now is coaching infant and toddler teachers and I got to go to a center that is staffed almost entirely by women who have more than 5 children themselves. Often just being a parent doesn't prepare you for the realities of infant toddler care, but these women are so patient and understanding that all the children are happy. Our baby won't be in childcare--I've worked in the field so long that I only know a few teachers I would leave my own child with--but I would leave my child here.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlisa View Post

Monarch--too bad you don't live here--I picked 9 giant cucumbers in my garden yesterday and have no idea how I'll use them all up--why exactly are they good for your bp??
Oooh I wish I could take some of those off your hands. Not sure why, but apparently cucumbers and watermelon is good for BP. I'm also starting acupuncture this week. Hopefully that will help.

Burg- YAY another girl! Congrats!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

Old 09-14-2010, 01:07 AM

37 Weeks today! YAY!

But I got some hard news today - I was scheduled for a growth check u/s this morning, follow up to the one five weeks ago. Ember was 19th %tile then, and is now 7th %tile, so I got sent over to the midwives right away.

The midwife is concerned, she had me start EPO to ripen my cervix and I'm scheduled for weekly U/S and biophysical profiles. She's two weeks behind right now, measuring at 34 weeks and change. I know there's a margin of error, but this is still a source of concern to me now, but there's nothing I can do except watch and wait.

If the kid keeps slipping %tiles, I suspect we'll be talking induction. I'm not sure I'm necessarily opposed to that, if this kid were outside, I could feed her and know she was growing and not have to worry about it.

So, uh, yeah. I hope this kid grows a bit. In or out.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
37 Weeks today! YAY!

But I got some hard news today - I was scheduled for a growth check u/s this morning, follow up to the one five weeks ago. Ember was 19th %tile then, and is now 7th %tile, so I got sent over to the midwives right away.

The midwife is concerned, she had me start EPO to ripen my cervix and I'm scheduled for weekly U/S and biophysical profiles. She's two weeks behind right now, measuring at 34 weeks and change. I know there's a margin of error, but this is still a source of concern to me now, but there's nothing I can do except watch and wait.

If the kid keeps slipping %tiles, I suspect we'll be talking induction. I'm not sure I'm necessarily opposed to that, if this kid were outside, I could feed her and know she was growing and not have to worry about it.

So, uh, yeah. I hope this kid grows a bit. In or out.

There is definitely a margin of error and maybe baby is just small?

You'll make the right decision and if you have to induce to keep everyone safe and healthy then that's the best thing you can do.

Sending good vibes your way!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 09-14-2010, 10:49 AM

Papa - thinking of you big time!

I'm thinking too, that you're not quite 37 weeks with a due date of 10/10/10? Because I was 37 weeks yesterday with a due date of 10/4/10 (yesterday was 3 weeks from my due date based on ovulation, on the nose). So I'm a little confused? That's almost a full week - does that make any difference?

Here's hoping (like the others) that the margin of error combined with the fact that maybe she's just a little girl means there's nothing wrong whatsoever. Sending lots of love and good thoughts for you and Ember!

All - sorry I've been MIA again! I have been reading, though. Just not been big into posting lately.

mtnlisa - So sorry to hear about the hip pain, mama! That sounds horrendous, and as someone dealing with SPD, I can definitely empathize with frustrating preggo pain. FWIW, I have been sleeping in a recliner for a couple of weeks now, and it has made a WORLD of difference in the length of uninterrupted, pain-free shut-eye I'm able to get at night. It does suck sleeping apart from DP, but sleep is SOOOO important, mama!

burg - congrats on finding out you're having a girl! And, you get to see her again soon! That's awesome.

Monarchgrrl - Getting sooooo close! I can't wait to see your photos. Also, those BP numbers seem totally in the range of normal to me.... is it because your "normal" is usually lower that is cause for concern? I really hope it's nothing to worry about. Thinking of you!

megan sacha - So glad you checked in, and that's great that you're making good healing progress. I can't wait to join you on the "other side," mama!

quasar - you're also super close! My oh my, that crept up quick, didn't it?? And boyoboy, do I hear you on the burning/stretching high up near the ribs. It's the worst, and no amount of lotion seems to help! I hope it stops for you soon... at least it's not too much longer till babe in arms!

wehrli - so sorry to read about the family sitch. That really stinks big time. I'm glad you know you have so much support elsewhere, though. And, exciting about the possible quickening! That babe will be kicking like crazy before you know it!

2moms3kids - welcome!!

gumshoegirl007 - you're almost through the first trimester! How exciting! They fly by after that (in my experience). Cool that KD will be in town, I hope it's a good time having him there to visit post-conception.

korey - I hope the pain has subsided.

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm too lazy to go on to the second page. Lol!

AFM - Whelp, like Papa, I'm full-term now! Craziness, but awesomeness, too.

I had my first of the weekly appointments last week, and cervix was still closed tight and baby still high up. Midwife unfortunately couldn't tell for certain the position of Cadence, and since I've still been feeling her shift around a lot, I have to go in for an ultrasound tonight to check position. Think positive head-down thoughts for us, please! If she's breach or transverse, we'll talk about scheduling a version, but I really hope she's settled in to her final position on her own by now. Other than that, everything looked good. Fundal height is within range, BP is normal, and my weight gain is right around 20 lbs... which, although I have not been obsessing in the least about, I'm really psyched about!

Turns out the pelvic pain was not due to UTI; rather, it's just SPD rearing it's ugly head again. I'm coping though. Sleeping in the recliner helps a lot, and I occasionally will take my midwife-prescribed Percocet when it's really REALLY unbearable (but I'm usually able to power through). I know it will all be worth it, and I also know that it's likely to go away pretty quickly after Cadence is born, so those are the things on which I try to focus!

I'm still working full-time, dragging my hugely uncomfortable self into the office. I had planned on working up until labor, but I just don't know how much longer I can come into the office. I'm going to power through this week, and then re-evaluate things. I know my job would be fine with me working at home, but it's hard for me to give up my plan of being here till the bitter end and accept that there are just some things I cannot control! I suppose now's as good a time as any to get used to the fact. Lol.

Last night, DP and I went to our first of two "newborn care classes" we signed up for. A lot of the stuff was common sense, but I was happy that the instructor seems pretty AP-focused, and she also happens to be the LC at the hospital birth center we're using, so at the very least it's good that we're making a connection with her before we may need her services.

I guess that's about it for me! Just hanging in there and tying up loose ends so we can welcome this baby into the world in as little as 0 and no more than 4.5-ish weeks! We can't WAIT to meet her.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:49 PM

See, I KNEW 10/10/10 was going to bite me in the rear!

My medical due date is the same as yours - 10/4/10, but I added the extra week because that's been my intui-date all along and because it's so typical to go over by at least that much with a first pregnancy.

So, yeah, we're both 37 weeks.

I'm not hugely uncomfortable...but I'm kind of ready to be done now, and that feeling only started in the past 48 hours, between not getting any sleep two nights in a row and being all stressed out yesterday. I'm done now, not completely done, but getting ready to be done.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
See, I KNEW 10/10/10 was going to bite me in the rear!

My medical due date is the same as yours - 10/4/10, but I added the extra week because that's been my intui-date all along and because it's so typical to go over by at least that much with a first pregnancy.

So, yeah, we're both 37 weeks.

I'm not hugely uncomfortable...but I'm kind of ready to be done now, and that feeling only started in the past 48 hours, between not getting any sleep two nights in a row and being all stressed out yesterday. I'm done now, not completely done, but getting ready to be done.
You are speaking my language, lovely. In the past couple of days, I've also started getting that "okay, enough now!" feeling. Lol.

I THOUGHT we had close to/the same actual due date. But I think 10/10/10 is a good intui-date for sure! DP and I were actually hoping for it since we're huge dorks and 101010 = 42 in binary, which, of course, is the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. Lol.

Now I wonder where in the world I got the thought in my head that it would be good to go past my EDD. Lol.

/geek

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:07 PM

Papa - I'm sure that news was stressful and scary. But try not to worry too much! At 35 weeks my SIL had an u/s and was told that the baby was measuring at 38 weeks and might be too big to deliver vaginally. He was born just a few days early and weighed about 7.5 lbs.

Lyndzies - Positive, head-down thoughts!

mtnlisa - I say invest in the recliner! Sorry about all that pain. (You're scaring me!)

burg - Congrats on your girl!

monarch - Yay for a new car! Enjoy all those cucumbers!

wehrli - So sorry about the ignorant family! It sounds like you're immediate family is supportive, though. Right? That's who will matter to the baby!

2moms3kids -

Beastie - How was the NT scan???

gumshoe
- Your NT scan should be this week-ish, too, right???

AFM - 20 weeks today! Halfway there! The pelvic and hip pain are still here. Would you believe that standing is more comfortable than sitting or laying!?!

P-town was fun, and exhausting! I did have a really interesting pregnancy experience on a whale watch...

First off, I really am "one of those" lesbians who lives to whale watch. DP used to make fun of me when we first got together, until I got her hooked on whale watching, too. Anyway, I never get sea sick, so I wasn't worried at all when they warned us about "rough seas" one day. In fact, DP and I jump at the chance to go out in rough seas because we know that humpback whales are more active in rough seas. (See, I told you I was "one of those" lesbians!)

But "rough seas" that day were REALLY rough, and even though I didn't get sea sick, I got really scared. I had completely irrational thoughts of the boat capsizing and me ending up in the ocean, screaming for help because I'm pregnant. Again, completely irrational, but the fear was very real. Any other non-pregnant day I would have hung on tight and enjoyed the ride. But this time I was smacking myself for being so reckless while pregnant. It's kind of amazing how your maternal instincts just take over, isn't it? Well, I learned my lesson and will be taking it easy for the rest of this pregnancy!

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korey View Post

But "rough seas" that day were REALLY rough, and even though I didn't get sea sick, I got really scared. I had completely irrational thoughts of the boat capsizing and me ending up in the ocean, screaming for help because I'm pregnant. Again, completely irrational, but the fear was very real. Any other non-pregnant day I would have hung on tight and enjoyed the ride. But this time I was smacking myself for being so reckless while pregnant. It's kind of amazing how your maternal instincts just take over, isn't it? Well, I learned my lesson and will be taking it easy for the rest of this pregnancy!
Wow, sounds...fun? It totally makes sense that your maternal instincts would kick in.

I have a whale watching story for you. I'll try to keep it short. Me, DW, mom and her partner went for the first time 3 years ago. Rough seas. Mom was standing at the bough, DW and I were completely scared and were a little further in, hanging on for dear life at the stairs. A 12 yr old was at the railing and on one up/down motion, she literally did a handstand on the railing and someone pulled her back down. She almost went overboard. The ship slammed back down and my mom was half way up in the air and she hit the deck hard and broke her femur in half, not at a joint. Literally in half. Everyone screamed for the captain to slow down and he finally did. It was at the very beginning and we all stayed on the boat for the rest of the 3 hour tour. DW and mom's partner started puking from seasickness and had to guzzle red wine to cope. Mom got drunk on wine to cope with the pain. I just enjoyed the scenery but I had to be the driver home because of all the wine being consumed. Never did see a damn whale. So, needless to say, DW and mom vowed to never go whale watching again. I still would though.

Papa- Big hugs to you. Rough news, but hopefully she'll continue to grow inside and the measurement was off.

Lyndzies-
head down, baby, head down!!!

Old 09-14-2010, 03:37 PM

Papa -- Many hugs to you on the hard news. I'm sure Ember is just a peanut in there, awaiting her time to come out. SOOOO looking forward to the day that you get to grow her on the outside. Wahoo! Thinking of you in these days....

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
Old 09-14-2010, 10:13 PM

Wow, I guess it's been two weeks (?) since I last checked in! I guess that's what happens when the semester gets started. I'll do my best to catch up now...

2moms3kids: Welcome! I'm glad to finally have another March due date on the boards, even if you are a few weeks ahead of me. It was getting lonely on the list!

Wehrli: The end of the first trimester is in sight! I hope you and your DP had a great weekend away, and that your family rose to the occasion and were as excited about the pregnancy as they ought to be! I know what you mean about waiting and guessing about feeling movement. Although I'm a little jealous, since I'm still not feeling a thing!

Also, thanks for asking about the Jewish blood tests; since my OB's office had such a hard time with it, you're obviously not alone in not having heard of them. Basically, it's a blood test to see if I'm a carrier for any of the genetic disorders that are prevalent in ashkenazi Jews. Mostly Taye Sachs and Cystic Fibrosis. Since our donor isn't Jewish and was tested by the bank for most genetic stuff, we really did it just to find out about me, and to be able to give the info to my siblings, etc.

Quasar: Pregnant folks deserve to complain a lot! I hope your finding some comfort from all that rib pain.

mtnlisa: Hooray for planning the baby shower, and for collecting everything you need for this baby... I have a feeling that even an achy hip and some loss of sleep won't slow you down as you move into the final prep phase! Thanks also for sharing about your daycare observations. It's interesting to hear as we try to sort out how we'll manage childcare in the future.

Gumshoe: How did the visit with your donor go? The second trimester is in sight for you too!

Burg: Yay for a girl! I hope you get more naps soon...

Monarchgrrl: Wow, a whole new car! My DP's truck is on it's last legs (wheels?), and I secretly suspect that a non-truck would make the most sense for us. But DP might not be ready to give up having a truck! I'll be interested to hear how the transition goes. I hope those magic cucumbers and acupuncture bring your BP down, and I'm also hoping you'll share some of those maternity photos!

Megan_Sacha: Good to hear from you! I can't believe Zivia is already so OLD! I'm sendign the best vibes to you as you continue to heal, and to your whole family as you adjust to your newest member.

Papa: Sorry you had to hear that scary news. But how lucky that it comes at a time where Ember is ready if she needs to make her grand debut a little on the early side. that Ember does some serious growing soon, whether she's in or out!

Lyndzies: flip, Cadence, flip! I hope she finds her spot and settles in soon. I'm sorry you're still dealing with the SPD, but glad that you're finding some rest in the armchair. Good luck deciding what to do about work... maybe Cadence will make the decision about when to stop easier by making her appearance soon! Keep us in the loop as you edge into the final weeks and days.

Korey: Welcome to the halfway point! That must feel like a big accomplishment. I'm glad P-town was fun, other than your near-death at sea!

Phew! I think that's everyone.

AFM: I had the nuchal u/s yesterday, and it went really well. We got to watch the fetus for quite a while, and it was flipping all around, waving its arms, swallowing, hiccuping, and even sticking out its tongue. Measuring on target and the skull and brain looked good, even though they weren't the focus of the scan (we worry about that because of our last neural tube defect). Heatbeat around 150 at 13weeks, but I can't remember what the old wive's tale says that means about sex prediction. They can't give the results right away, but the tech said the membrane measurements looked within the normal range. So all is well! The fetus looks healthy, and the second trimester is here, so I'm starting to realize that this is real...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

Old 09-15-2010, 11:37 AM

Papa--fingers crossed for you that its a combination of a small Ember and the inaccuracy of all the testing

Lyndzies--fingers crossed for flipping head down--and hoping that Cadence still being transverse doesn't mean that she just plans to stay in for the long haul!

korey--I have the same maternal instinct feelings every time i have flown (which is 7 or 8 round trips since I've been pregnant) and I think, what am I doing in the air again?!?!

Beastie--so glad that your scans are all positive! I can't believe you are already in the 2nd tri--its going so fast!

AFU--had a midwife appt this week and I was working in a classroom all morning where I did not drink any water. I then had to really work hard to eat before the appt because I was starving and had to do the glucose tolerance so wouldn't be able to eat again until after the blood draw. Well, due to the lack of fluids, the midwives (two different ones) had to try three times to draw my blood, and finally got just a tiny bit out the nurses vein. I have a bruise covering my entire hand--DRINK WATER!!! In better news, leaving the heating pad on all night improved my sleep greatly. I cannot believe I'm heading into the third tri already--but this explains my need to get a carseat and breastpump this week! Yippee!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I have a whale watching story for you. I'll try to keep it short. Me, DW, mom and her partner went for the first time 3 years ago. Rough seas. Mom was standing at the bough, DW and I were completely scared and were a little further in, hanging on for dear life at the stairs. A 12 yr old was at the railing and on one up/down motion, she literally did a handstand on the railing and someone pulled her back down. She almost went overboard. The ship slammed back down and my mom was half way up in the air and she hit the deck hard and broke her femur in half, not at a joint. Literally in half. Everyone screamed for the captain to slow down and he finally did. It was at the very beginning and we all stayed on the boat for the rest of the 3 hour tour. DW and mom's partner started puking from seasickness and had to guzzle red wine to cope. Mom got drunk on wine to cope with the pain. I just enjoyed the scenery but I had to be the driver home because of all the wine being consumed. Never did see a damn whale. So, needless to say, DW and mom vowed to never go whale watching again. I still would though.
WOW! That's awful! Most of the time the tour operators are really good people, but once in a while they get greedy and take a boat full of people out when they REALLY shouldn't. Your mom should have sued them! She would have been totally justified!

I guess the silver living of my trip was that it was a really good whale watch. Lots of breaching, which is hard to come by. Trust me, when you're NOT pregnant, rough seas in the early morning or late afternoon/evening are the best times to go humpback whale watching.

mtnlisa - Yay for the third trimester!! I forgot to tell you that we're also working on our shower registry (our moms are throwing it a little early--November--before winter hits). It's been equal parts fun and stress! I asked all my friends and my DDC what their must-have items were and got some great advice. Here's what my DDC said. I found it really helpful!

Beastie - Yay for a healthy babe and the second trimester! You must be so relieved!

ETA: Coco - Isn't your anatomy scan coming up? I can't wait to find out the sex of the twins! I'm guessing either a girl/boy or two girls. I'm leaning toward two girls. I love finding out what everyone is having!

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
Old 09-15-2010, 01:45 PM

We had our position scan last night, and Cadence has her head down! Yippeee!

I have my weekly MW appointment today; I'm hoping she'll say the babe is at least a little bit engaged so I can feel more confident that she'll stay that way.

So happy and just had to share the good news w/ you all.

Oh, and here's a pic!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:01 PM

Hey ladies~ I'm so bad about checking this board. I guess I feel like I don't really have much to contribute yet. So many of you are at the latter end of your journey, me talking about my gas doesn't seem so relevant! But I do read and think about you all, often.

Papa~ I'm sorry for your scary news, but agree with everyone in that li'l Ember will be able to make it out here on her own even if she has to come sooner than expected.

Lyndzies~ Yay for flippin' babies. Now nothing stands in your way!

Burg~ Yay for girls!

Coco~ I'm excited to find out about the twins too! I'm voting for two girls or two boys, but maybe that's just because it's what I wanted.

Monarch~ Your whale watching story cracked me up! I've never been, but my dad went a few years ago and called me when he got back. He said "We went out on the boat, then we docked at this little Massachusets town and were walking around. When we were eating I thought "There are really a lot of drag queens in this town! And lots of lesbians too!" He'd gone to P-town without knowing what it was. I thought it was pretty funny.

No news for me. I've been having a bit of cramping, but only a bit~ probably just growing pains, and the most epic gas I've ever had in my life. I offered to sleep in the guest room, but DP says she'll soldier on...

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 09-15-2010, 02:32 PM

Lyndzies- YAY for head down! WOOT! Now you can relax. She's totally cute. Although, I had to really study from your description where her face was. But once I made it out I could totally see it. I'm so excited for you to meet her!!

korey-
Yeah, I thought my mom should have sued, too. I think she didn't because she gets completely free healthcare because she works at a hospital so she didn't have to pay for anything.

Beastie-
My completely unsolicitated advice is that I recommend researching trucks and car seats. Do you have an access cab or a back seat? The experts at carseat.org say that because the back windshield is so close to the seat that it's dangerous to have a car seat in the back. The safest way is to turn the airbag off and sit it in the front seat, but I was totally unwilling to sit in the backseat when we all ride together. Anyway- might want to research it. I think it's hormones, but I actually cried last night thinking about our beloved truck sitting in a used car parking lot. DW admitted that she almost cried the night before. We loved Trixie the Tacoma!

mtnlisa- Yikes on the blood draw! Sorry about that. At least now you can make sure to drink your water. Congrats on the third trimester!!!

LibraryLady-
Your story about your dad is hilarious!!! I hope the cramping stops soon (and the gas. hehe)

AFM- I just wanted to share this. It's the invitation my mom handmade for my Blessingway ceremony. It's goddess-inspired and the front says: "We, like She, take many Forms throughout our Life's journey and birth our many Selves. And if we are blessed we are given the opportunity to birth Another." Then she sewed beads around the art print. The inside is all the details about the ceremony. It'll be on 10/10/10. Can't wait!! My mom is so wonderful and talented.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I had to really study from your description where her face was. But once I made it out I could totally see it. I'm so excited for you to meet her!!
My co-worker was having trouble, too, so I had to totally spell it out for her w/ some graphics.

Check it.

OMG, I need to become un-pregnant soon. I'm losing my little mind (and amusing myself way too much).

Old 09-16-2010, 01:44 PM

Hehe I cant write ong because I am at work...

Y'all are going to have to be patient, our big US is not until next Tuesday ! We should know then what we are having... unless they hide that is !

Hope everyone is doing well !

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 09-16-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
My co-worker was having trouble, too, so I had to totally spell it out for her w/ some graphics.

Check it.

OMG, I need to become un-pregnant soon. I'm losing my little mind (and amusing myself way too much).

OMG that is the funniest thing I've ever seen!!! I love it!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:07 PM

I haven't posted here in ages. I've tried to stay off the boards as I have been down, down, down and didn't want to bring the mostly positive energy of the board down. But now that so many of us are due back to back, I figured I would post.
Can I please be done with the pregnancy?! I love my little one and I want her to be healthy, but I am DONE. Baby needs to come out and out soon, because I am going to lose my mind if this continues much longer.
Folks, I am still vomiting, a lot, and lately, I've woke up from dead asleep to vomit, this is not okay! In addition to the vomiting, I had a little bit of bleeding, I went to the hospital, turns out it was just because I dilated a bit (just a cm). But more importantly, they hooked me up to the monitors and I was having contractions 3 minutes apart for hours, but they weren't intense enough, so they sent me home and I am still having these contractions along with back ache, they will not go away, but they aren't doing anything. Plus I have round ligament pain from %$&&, but I've had that for a while, but combined, it is too much!
I'm only 35 weeks, I guess I can suffer in misery until 37 weeks, but after that I am going to beg my doula for some natural solutions to get this started. I practically cried to the doctor and she said it would be over soon and to just "deal with it".
On positive news, baby is 5lbs 5 oz and I am group b negative, woohoo.

Papa – I hope Ember grows soon, or else comes soon, so that she can grow on the outside. You will be in my thoughts.
Lyndzies – Congrats on the little one turning head down, excellent news!

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
Old 09-16-2010, 11:28 PM

Mistral - oh, that's so hard. I'm so sorry!

Those contractions are doing something, they're going to make your labour easier and shorter, because you're primed and ready to go.

Good luck! I hope she comes as soon as she's ready and doesn't make you wait a moment longer.

Old 09-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Mistral-

You should come on here anytime you want and vent, complain, cry, anything! We're all here for you. You've really had the hardest pregnancy I've heard of. You poor thing. I know it'll be worth it in the end, but I know that's no consulation now. Just try to hang in there for the rest of the roller coaster and hopefully very soon you will be holding your baby in your arms. Then you can forever tell your child about the hell you went through to bring them into the world.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:42 PM - Thread Starter

mistral, so sorry to hear that the pg been so rough on you! you are such a trooper. sending lots of love your way...

coco, can't wait for the big news!!!

lyndzies, you so crazy! lol!! that's the funniest thing i have seen in a while. so glad to hear your girl is head down!

monarch, that is the most beautiful invite that i've seen in a while. your mom is very creative/talented!

library, i've been having those same type of "cramps" for the last month or so... definitly growing pains! and for the gas, i can't relate, but your DP is so great staying by your side through it all!!

mtnlisa, ouch! that blood draw sounds awful!! stay hydrated, k?

beastie, so glad to hear everything went well with the NT scan!! it's really real for sure!!

korey, glad p-town was fun, kinda scary about the whale watching tho! and hooray for half-way!!!!

afm, i'm definitly feeling the babe! it's subtle but there all of the time (well, almost)!!! the thing with the family went ok... we just (mostly) pretended the huge argument never occurred... but i know it did and i just don't want much to do with 2 of my cousins or their husbands. in other news, my other cousin broke up with her girlfriend and needed a place to stay until her lease is up (february) so she is with us... i love her and so far she's been a more than polite houseguest and we hardly know she's there. so hopefully it will continue to go smoothly...
be well all!!!
and have a great weekend!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 09-19-2010, 12:33 PM

Hi everyone,
Well, I think I'm finally ready to stop lurking and introduce myself. Wehrli can you please add me to the roll, EDD 4/10/11! Some of you might remember me from the queer conceptions forums, I think I last posted in January. I might even still be on the "taking a break" section!

My DP and I have been trying to get me pregnant with unknown frozen donor's since August of last year. And after 10 IUI's and 3 donors, it worked!! It's been a long journey and my DP and I are just so happy to have a sticky bean, keeping fingers tightly crossed!!

I'm so glad to be here!!

****5****10***15****20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 09-19-2010, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Bttrflygypsy, WELCOME!! i'm glad you are finally joining!! how are you feeling so far??

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 09-19-2010, 09:36 PM

Mistral~ What a dreadful time you seem to be having, the sickness sounds especially wretched. I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're being cared for by quality people. I hope it all goes well.

Papa~ It won't be much longer for you either. And I love the name you've chosen!

Coco~ I can't wait to hear about the twins!! I hope they cooperate.

Butterfly~ Welcome!! We'll be waiting 'til April together.

Wehrli~ Lucky you. I can't wait to feel our li'l bean move around. Shouldn't be tooooo much longer.

AFM~ Went to the Fair today with DP. We went to the animal nursery and looked at all the newborn pigs and goats. DP was oh so charming, pointing at every GIANTLY PREGNANT pig and goat and cow saying "You're going to look like that!" Thanks!! I unashamedly ate a giant indian taco though~ it was delicious!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 09-19-2010, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
I unashamedly ate a giant indian taco though~ it was delicious!
mmmmm.... giant indian taco.... (where's the drool smilie??)

Old 09-19-2010, 10:53 PM

Hello everyone !

Hope everyone is doing great !

Library ! Its good to see you on this thread more regularely ! hehehe

Bttrflygypsy : Welcome ! And congrats on your pregnancy !

Wehrli : Ohhh you lucky you that you get to feel your baby already !! DP STILL cant feel our twins... (more on that later !)

FtMPapa : Sorry about the stress you are going through... I hope Ember catches up a bit in the next few days ! When will you be seeing your doc again ?

Mistral : Please domty stop yourself from posting for fear of downing us ! It wont ! Because we will know that we are helping somewhat by answering and caring !

Lyndzies : Horray for Head-Down-position !! Whoohoo ! Good going baby !

As for us.....

Well the ultrasound is tuesday and I am 50% extatic-excited and 50% terrified. DP still isnt feeling the babies, most likely because of the anterior AND posterior placenta, meaning that the babies are sandwiched between placentas....... but she will be 19 weeks tomorrow and it has been 4 weeks since our last ultrasound... I dont know, I guess I tend to worry easily LOL. I try to avoid reading about horror stories but I have unfortunately stumbled on some in due date clubs and I am just afraid that something will be wrong. At the same time... if everything is going great, I am so excited to find out the genders ! *sigh*

I'm just complicated lol.

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

User Tag List