Queer & Pregnant: September, October & November - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 442 Old 09-20-2010, 12:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Coco~ Yikes! That would be really scary, but I'm sure there's good reason for it. Please keep us posted asap and I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.

The indian taco was really good. The fry bread was still hot. mmmmmm

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#62 of 442 Old 09-20-2010, 05:26 PM

Papa – These contractions better do something! I texted my mother and she said that I came out in 15 minutes and I texted my sister and her kids were born in 6 hours and 3 hours. I can only hope that I am that lucky! If I have a 6 hour labor, I will excuse the all day every day contractions.
Monarch – I think you posted on the October board, a coworker has to have reconstructive surgery on her belly button after the baby is born. I can get more information from her if you need me to.
Wehrli – Congrats on baby movement, isn't it amazing!
Bttrfly- Welcome!
Library – Yikes, compared to a pregnant cow, pig and goat?! I would've been in tears!
Coco – If you are ever worried you can go in for a Doppler check, they probably won't mind, especially if it eases your mind. Stress is not good.

AFM – I pretty much slept all day on Sunday, I wasn't even awake 10 hours. Shame. My Coworkers on getting on my nerves with the comments. I already know that I look tired and that I waddle, I don't need to hear your comments.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#63 of 442 Old 09-20-2010, 06:03 PM

Hi all,

Just checking in for a quick round of personals...I love when this board is busy!

MtnLisa: Yikes about your dehydration story. How scary! I'm sorry that the blood draw was so hard, but I'm really glad that you got such a clear and compelling message about drinking more water! I hope you're feeling better and enjoying this first bit of the LAST trimester. How did the breastpump and carseat shopping go?

Korey: Thanks for the link to your DDC's shower advice, though I admit I can only look at it in short bursts before becoming overwhelmed! We haven't gotten any stuff yet for this baby, mostly out of superstition and anxiety, but every now and then I'll suddenly panic about not having a baby thermometer or whatever. It must feel good to know what you need and to have a plan to make it happen.

Lydzies: LOL at Cadence's latest beauty shots, and at your (slightly creepy) glam version. I'm so glad that she's head down and ready for action. Waiting with bated breath to hear that she's arriving/arrived!

Library: I'm glad you're having such smooth sailing through the first few weeks/months! I think toxic gas is a fair price for easy gestation, and I'm glad your DP recognizes that she has to suffer by your side! And I suppose it makes her pregnant pig comments more palatable...

Monarchgirl: What a lovely invite your mom made! Thanks so much for the carseat/truck advice, which came at just the right time. DP was in such a state of mourning over the death of his truck that he didn't want to think about options, but with your advice I have him back on track! The good news is that, if he ends up with a truck with no passenger airbag, he can have the seat in front since we use my car whenever we go places together.

Mistral: Sorry that things have been so rough! If it helps to talk about it and you feel like sharing, I know we'd all be willing to hear all about it. You can make it to 37 weeks! And then I hope that the baby gets things started, or that you're able to get the support that you need from your birth team.

Wehrli: I'm jealous that you're feeling so much movement! I've had one really clear flutter that I'm pretty sure was the fetus, but I guess I won't know for sure until I have some more regular movement against which to compare it! I'm glad you survived your family gathering relatively unscathed, and that you are enjoying having a cousin in town.

Buttrflygypsy: WELCOME! I love when people "graduate" over to this thread, and I hope you have an easy and healthy stay here. How are you feeling?

Coco: Your US is TOMORROW! I'm super excited for you and your DP, and I know we'll all be logging in a few extra times to see your news. I know exactly what you mean about those accidental bad news spottings, but I'm sending you great vibes for a healthy, reassuring, and revealing U/S.

FTMPapa: Any news? How are you (and Ember) feeling?

AFM: Handling a busy week sandwiched between Jewish holidays over the last weekend and a trip to NY for a family wedding over the next one. Totally ignoring some very pressing deadlines for book chapters and having trouble even scaring myself into getting the writing done. And forget about my own book project! But teaching is going well, and I'm looking forward to being pregnant enough to tell my classes what's going on. And speaking of telling, I talked to my union rep today (who basically confirmed what I knew from my contract and FMLA, but was very reassuring). So now I need to bite the bullet and meet with my chair sometime this week. Yikes! I'm nervous but ready for it to be done! In conflicting news, even as I'm still playing at project secret bump, I'm hoping to somehow look MORE pregnant in the next few days, so that I look cute and pregnant instead of weird and bloated at this wedding... Oh! Also today I scheduled a tour for the birth center we plan to use. So things are slowly moving forward...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#64 of 442 Old 09-20-2010, 06:04 PM

Ugh! Sorry for the long post, everyone. I can't bring myself to do my academic writing, but epic posts here seem to be no problem at all!

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#65 of 442 Old 09-20-2010, 07:50 PM

Btrflygypsy- Congrats! Welcome!!

Coco- I'm so excited for your ultrasound!!!!

Mistral-
Uh...not sure I really want to know about someone needing surgery on their bellybutton after pregnancy! Yikes!!! You're scaring me, but feel free to give me the info.

Beastie-
Glad you figured out the truck stuff. I hope your bump shows very soon! How exciting!

AFM- Here are some pics from our baby shower. I also did the pregnancy photo shoot yesterday. So fun!!! I've seen the proofs and there are some really amazing shots! I can't wait to show ya'll the pics once I get the edited ones back. Hopefully soon.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#66 of 442 Old 09-20-2010, 09:33 PM

Beastie: Haha! Glad you liked the wardrobe suggestions. I've had no luck yet in lactation induction except that my right breast has swollen to an amazing size. My left one has some catching up to do. I've been getting a lot of phantom letdown feelings as well, and some painful THO (titty hard-ons... lol)!! Sonja is being really super supportive though. How was your new year?

gumshoegirl007: I hope it works out for your DW! Is she using medication or herbs or just manual stimulation?

wehrli: I'm feeling much better, thanks! Took such a long time to get over though. Oh, and I totally hear you about the baby shopping! It's hard to stop. I'm really sorry about your family not being down with the queers. We've had some trouble with that as well. Not nearly as much right now though since most of our family isn't speaking to us after our daughter came out as trans. Also, yay for feeling the baby move!!

quasar: My DP can totally identify with that... she swears the baby is trying to come out through her bellybutton! Baby kicks hard and does whole body movements really often as well.

megan sacha: Wow, I can't believe Zivia is 3 weeks old already! that she stays a good sleeper! Good like with your chiro. Hey, if the papaya enzymes work for heartburn, do you think just eating some papaya would work as well?

FtMPapa: Wow, I don't blame you for worrying... That sounds really nerve-racking! I'll bet she turns out just fine though. I'm sending you that you won't need an induction.

Lyndzies: Yay for head down!!

Monarchgrrl: That is the most beautiful Blessingway invitation I've ever seen! Wow!! *just a little jealous*

Mistral: I'm so sorry about your doctor being so nonchalant about what you are going through; how yucky!! I hope your doula can be helpful with this. Please don't worry about being negative on the board; we are here to support each other! Glad you're group b negative. At least that's one less thing to have to deal with, right?

bttrflygypsy Welcome! I think I remember you from the conceptions thread actually. lol

AFU: We have finally found a place to live!! Wow is there ever a housing shortage here right now. It's a real landlords market. We ended up having to rent something teeny-tiny for a large house price in an out-of-the-way neighbourhood (which wouldn't be so bad except that we're public transit people. *sigh*). Anyway, at least we have a place to live, host our baby shower and have a homebirth.
Also, I've found a blog I absolutely love!! It's midwifethinking.com
Sonja's eczema is flaring up a bit right now, but all-in-all it's on the mend which is wonderful! I think she's really enjoying her pregnancy now. However, it seems that she's losing some mucous plug which she finds a bit disconcerting seeing as how we're only going to be 34 weeks on Wednesday!
Last but not least, we registered as common-law on the 15th, and changed our surnames to "Stone" which is a brand new name for all of us. Now Sonja and Serafina have alliterative/superhero names! lol The power of the name started to show the day we changed it; we ended up on the news rescuing a dog from strangling on a blind cord at a neighbour's house. That was exciting!

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#67 of 442 Old 09-21-2010, 11:57 AM

Mistral~ Big hugs, you do sound really glum right now, but all for good reasons. I can't believe your coworkers would be so insensitive. All the ladies at my elementary school are super excited for me. I think it's getting to have the excitement of pregnancy without actually having to be pregnant or have a baby. I hope it gets better, or you're able to get away from them soon.

Beastie~ You do sound busy! I'm sure you'll be cute and pregs pretty soon. And I'll bet your chair takes it better than you think. My DP ( a doctoral fellow) just told her chair and it went fine.

Monarch~ What a shower!! I'm looking forward to mine, and hope it's as nice!!!

Erthe~ Hooray for houses!! I'm sorry it took so long to end up with a less than ideal situation, but you're not homeless AND you saved a dog, so I think you're on top of things. And yay for a new name too! DP and I contemplated a new name, but she's been academically published now, so I guess we'll just have to stick with what we've got. Her name is going to be one of the bambino's middle names, though.

Coco~ Any news? How about now? Okay, how about now?

No news here. If it weren't for my sore nipples I wouldn't even believe myself to be pregnant. ::sigh::

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#68 of 442 Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM

#69 of 442 Old 09-21-2010, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

abeecharmer, i think you should join us! no worries about not being active on the TTC board!! that is not a prerequisite to join this group! tell us about yourself, let's get to know you...

so... WELCOME! and if you'd like, i will add you and your due date to the roll call.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#70 of 442 Old 09-21-2010, 10:07 PM

Welcome abeecharmer! Good to see you on this board as well

Quick update- I had a follow up ultrasound today because they could not get a good look at the baby's heart and face last week. Unfortunately they could not get a good look today either so I have a follow up next Thursday. Seems like we have a stubborn little girl in there. It was great to see her playing round wither her hands in there and kicking her feet though

I will get caught up with everyone soon, I can't wait for my busy season at work to be winding down soon. Hope everyone is well!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#71 of 442 Old 09-21-2010, 11:29 PM

Not much time to write but just to let you know that the US went perfect and we found out that we are having two girls !!

They are perfect, they have all their toes and everything else they need.

I am so relieved

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=521264032

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#72 of 442 Old 09-21-2010, 11:49 PM

Super congrats, Coco! Such fabulous news! Hoping you can rest a bit easier now.

Wahoo!

(and really, what a crazy string of girls over here in QP...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post
Not much time to write but just to let you know that the US went perfect and we found out that we are having two girls !!

They are perfect, they have all their toes and everything else they need.

I am so relieved

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=521264032

Coco
xxx

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#73 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 01:16 AM

coco - YAY!

We really are having lots of girls around here lately...

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#74 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 08:09 AM

for your perfect girls, Coco!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#75 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM

So glad to hear ya'll are growing two perfect, healthy girls, Coco!

It's a definite girl baby party in Q&P. Lol.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#76 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 09:19 AM

Abeecharmer : Welcome to this board Thanks for stalking for my news, made me feel special lol.

Oh and I forgot to say...

There is no more sign of a SCH anywhere !!!!!! Whoohoo !!!!!

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#77 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco99 View Post

Oh and I forgot to say...

There is no more sign of a SCH anywhere !!!!!! Whoohoo !!!!!

Coco
xxx
hooray!!!

congrats on those baby GIRLS, Coco and DP!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#78 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 10:17 AM

Coco!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best news ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm SO SOSOSOSOSOSO happy for you all!!!!

#79 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 10:18 AM

coco - congratulations!!! little girls are the best! not that i'm biased, or anything!

burg - good to hear the scan went well and baby girl is healthy and happy, despite the stubborn position! are you enjoying the extra sneak peek ultrasounds & getting some good photos, at least??

thanks to everyone for the warm welcome! (at wehrli's prompting) a little bit more about me:

my partner and i live in a large southern city. my job keeps me behind a desk all day, but pays the bills. dw is a massage therapist and excited to become a sahm once the twins arrive. we are vegetarians, avid readers, and general homebodies.

we co-sleep, breastfeed, cloth-diaper, and, to the extent she'll stay still long enough any more, babywear/AP. we are absolutely loving motherhood, we cherish every moment with our girl and marvel in her daily changes/growth. the city we live in is predominately filled with yuppie-ish type parents (for lack of a better descriptive word), so we feel rather alone in our parenting choices...hence my love for mdc!

dw's pregnancy so far has been healthy and uneventful, after some initial ohss. her belly is growing so fast - at our 18w scan last week, she was measuring 26w! she is entering the uncomfortable phase and worried about how much worse it will get in the months to come...

ok, enough about me!! looking forward to getting to know you all better!!

~ sarah

ps. there really does seem to be a wave of baby girls on this board!! when i was pregnant with dd, everyone was having boys, so its a huge change!
#80 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

abeecharmer, thanks for sharing! i added you to the roll call, so you are officially "one of us"

#81 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 11:48 AM

Coco - I had a feeling you were having 2 girls!

How many of us have conceived girls using frozen sperm? I don't ever wanna hear someone say that you're much more likely to have a boy using frozen sperm. We've certainly proved that theory wrong!

abeecharmer - Welcome! I was wondering why I never saw you over here!

AFM...

Update #1: We had our 20 week u/s last week, which was fun, but less eventful than the 16 week. We did find out, however, that this kid weighs 12 ounces and is 8-9 inches long!! She's so tall already! It must come from the donor, cause I'm only 5'2''.

We get to have one more u/s at 28 weeks. All of these extra scans are still due to the very slightly elevated risk of DS, per my 12 week blood work. If you ask me, it's total BS. The baby was described as "perfect" in both the 16 and 20 week scans, but they still want one last follow up. (Can you say, "insurance billing"?) We were going to refuse the 28 week scan, until the tech casually told us that you can start to see features at 28 weeks. At that point DP and I gave each other a look like, Oooh! Let's go ahead and schedule it!

Update #2: My stomach has finally popped and I finally look pregnant! My pelvic and hip pain have also vastly improved after some intensive chiropractic treatment. I am so relieved! The pain was so bad for a while there that I felt like I was going crazy. There was just no escape from it! Now I'm hopeful that I might actually have a chance to *enjoy* this pregnancy!

Sorry for the lack of personals. I'm keeping up, but just barely! This is my busiest time in my business and I'm working insane hours right now. I can rest again in 2 weeks!

Sending good vibes to everyone! Who's next to find out what they're having???

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#82 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

i guess beastie would be next in finding out the baby's sex, if of course she is... then would be me, if of course i were... which we have decided not to. that could change but for now we are happy with that decision. i've had a distinct boy feeling since the TWW though....

#83 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 01:07 PM

Coco- Yay for two girls!!!! And very cute names!!! Congrats!!!

korey-
you can count me in for a girl with frozen sperm. We totally assumed it would be a boy because everyone we know that's used frozen sperm has had boys. YAY for your belly popping out! Congrats!!

abeecharmer-
WELCOME to the group!!! Looking forward to getting to know you! I love hearing about the twin pregnancies going on right now!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#84 of 442 Old 09-22-2010, 01:09 PM

We're going for our first midwife visit on Monday and are hoping to have some kind of scan or test. I'll admit, I've been obsessing about DS for the past week or so and have gotten to the point where I can't sleep for worrying, so I'm eager to have any kind of info.

Korey~ Yay for finally looking pregnant! I'm ready for something to happen, I've had so few symptoms I need something to convince myself!

Wehrli~ I hear you about having a distinct boy feeling. I've felt my whole life that I'll have a boy, since that will teach me the most lessons about life and gender. We plan on finding out, but it won't be for a while.

#85 of 442 Old 09-23-2010, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

library, your appt is getting close!! our first appt with our MW is next week friday! we met with her about 3 weeks ago, but there was no actual "check-up"... can't wait to hear all about it all!

korey, how exciting that you are looking pregnant! i'm in that looking really a lot fatter but not really pregnant phase and i can't wait for some actual belly! enjoy!!

monarch, great pics of the shower... you look fabulous!!

charmer, it's nice to "get to know you"...

#86 of 442 Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM

I've been so busy reading along, and with life happening alongside, I've just been too busy to actually write anything down.

FTMpapa - How are you doing with Ember?

abeecharmer - Welcome! I didn't get to spend much time on the Queer Conceptions thread before coming over here, but the community has been fantastic thus far.

Coco - Congrats on twin girls!!! That's so very exciting.

Korey - I'm glad to hear that you've finally "popped" and that you've got the back pain under control. Stories like yours are why we decided to skip the early screening tests. Too much unnecessary stress!

LibraryLady - We went to our midwife around week 10 and got her to send us for a dating u/s. If that's what you want, perhaps you can get her to send you for something like that!

Wehrli - Good luck at your midwife appt!

AFU - Things have been very hectic and will continue to be until after Thanksgiving (the Cdn one) or perhaps even until the American one given DW's work schedule. We just wrapped up the basement reno that we started way back in April and our new roof (unanticipated expense) was put on our house today. With DW going back to school on weekends to get a professional certification (wanted to beat the baby's arrival) and both of our kids starting at new schools, I'm feeling time crunch pain and big financial pain. The BIG UGH comes with the fact that my organization is facing the decision of whether to continue on or close down as we're facing a funding shortfall. My boss initially said that I'd be good until I left on mat leave, but now it looks like a late October/mid-November shut down is what we're facing. We weren't exactly prepared to be out of work quite that early And, my job prospects are quite limited given the impending year-long mat leave. The decision will be made in the next two weeks...

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#87 of 442 Old 09-23-2010, 11:18 PM

dp and i both conceived boys using frozen donor sperm. we both did iui, we both used fertility drugs and we both had 2 iuis after a trigger shot.

of the other families we know who used our donor there is one other single boy, 2 boy/girl twins and the others are all single girls - i think 4 or 5.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#88 of 442 Old 09-24-2010, 02:26 AM

Gum shoe girl - O.M.G. That's a lot! for your job!

I'm still pregnant.

Tonight was a super harvest moon - that's apparently what it's called when there's a full harvest moon on the equinox and it's pretty rare.

So I went a-walking under the moon with my doggies, kind of hoping the moon would kick start labour, but also hoping it won't until I get things squared away at home. I'm nesting with a purpose - there's enough craziness that I gotta get it settled before this baby comes or it will never be settled.

So, uh, no baby tonight.

Just a lunatic pregnant dude wandering around topless with a pair of pooches. And then staying up way too late.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#89 of 442 Old 09-24-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FtMPapa View Post
Just a lunatic pregnant dude wandering around topless with a pair of pooches. And then staying up way too late.
Hehe.

I'm still preggo, too. But our girls are going to be here SOOOOO soon! The baby race is on.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#90 of 442 Old 09-24-2010, 09:55 AM

wehrli - thanks for adding me to the roll call!! it will be interesting to hear if your intuition about having a boy is correct. i was positive that i was pregnant with a boy...when the doc said "girl", i would have fallen over from shock if i hadn't already been lying down!

korey
- hi!! awesome to hear the hip & pelvic pain is better, that can be miserable to suffer through! oh, and i would totally take them up on the extra ultrasound too!

library - hope your appointment on monday goes well and you feel reassured afterwards.

gumshoe - sounds like you have a *lot* going on right now! i'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the job front.

papa & lyndzies - looking forward to the upcoming birth announcements!!

hope everyone has a nice weekend!!

~ sarah

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page