Forum Jump: 

#181 of 442 Old 10-12-2010, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Lyndzies, you look great!

I need some thoughts and good vibes please. My blood pressure is climbing back up. A few weeks ago it was 120/80. Then last time it was 110/72, so back down. Today it was 140/90. Yikes! That's the cutoff for pregnancy-induced hypertension. I'm having a home birth so all of a sudden I now have to stop working (well I'm working from home next week-then I'll stop. It'll still be two weeks early) and they are going to try to get the baby to come sooner rather than later, if possible. Twice weekly appointments with them now, modified bed rest, EPO regimen, more accupuncture and homeopathics. *sigh* I'm glad my home birth team is so supportive and I know they'll do everything in their power to make sure it happens at home. I just wish I wasn't dealing with this. I've been doing everything like I'm supposed to and it's getting worse. And she's posterior. Yay. Ugh.

Monarch - I hope things getter better for you soon. Hugs.

Lyndzies - How are you holding up?

Quasar - How are you holding up, think you will go early?

Library - My DW's cycles are all kinds of screwed up, in fact, I think she is a week late right now.

wehrli - I have some maternity pics and nursery pics to show, I need to edit some stuff out and then post them. I will aim for the next couple of days.

Everyone else - Hello and Welcome, I hope all is well!

Update on me: Had my regular appointment today, I refused my internal as the one I had last week was BRUTAL, I think she did a sweep, but I was too chicken sh&t to ask today. I have a growth ultrasound on Friday with the high risk OB, and then I go in to see my regular doctor on Monday where I have to get an internal (overdue) and then on Tuesday I will go in for ripening and Wednesday an induction. (We aren't comfortable going too far past my due date and I need to get back on my Beta Blockers and I am sick of vomitting). I am hoping that the little one comes this week so we can avoid all the drama that will occur next week.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#182 of 442 Old 10-12-2010, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mistral, can't wait to see pics! and hoping that that little girl comes soon!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#183 of 442 Old 10-12-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

I have a QOTD on behalf of my partner: Since I got pregnant she's been going through crazy hormonal stuff, most specifically the fact that she hasn't had a period in 38 days. Did your pregnancy screw up your DP's periods or do anything else hormonally odd?
DP had big issues with her period when I was pregnant with DS. She ended up on hormones more than once to bring on her period.

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#184 of 442 Old 10-12-2010, 09:34 PM

Feels super selfish of me, but not much energy for personals (and, I'm crossposting from BSL Grads thread, I know... I'm lazy and I suck). Thanks for all the good thoughts!

CJ and I are doing wonderfully according to NST and BPP, but I'm going to begin induction Thursday night (Cervidil first). I have so much amniotic fluid that she's still just floating around in there happy as a clam, and apparently putting no pressure on my cervix. Tight as a drum. And, I know that they can be WAY off with these things, but there's concern about her size. I could have waited till Sunday to get things started, but in all honesty, because DP only gets 5 days off of work, I really would like to wrap up our hospital stay this weekend and have her home to bond with the baby and be with me next week.

SOOOOO.... unless something crazy happens and I go into labor on my own, we move on to this plan B, which will likely involve Pitocin (DAMMIT!) but I'm really trying to be positive and embrace it.

Any good vibes you can muster Thursday and Friday are so very appreciated. Hey, at least I know we're definitely having a baby before next week. I just can't wait to meet her at this point. Of course, I still hope for a very positive experience.

xo to all! Hope everyone is well.

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#185 of 442 Old 10-13-2010, 08:39 AM

Lyndzies ! Wishing you a happy and comfortable labor and a peaceful birth to your little one ! I cant wait to read your update !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#186 of 442 Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 AM

Mistral- induction today or next Wednesday? Either way, I'll be thinking of you. So excited for you to finally hold your little one soon! : Sounds like you and Lyndzies are up next!

Lyndzies- soon, soon, soon, girl! I hope you have a very peaceful birth of your little CJ! I'm so excited for you! I'll be sending lots of ELV's your way tomorrow and Friday. Come on, CJ! We all want to meet you!

Quasar- yay for a good OB visit! Looks like it'll be you and I racing (relaxing) to see who finishes first.

Kimlyn- those are great pics! You look wonderful!

Erthe- yay for the move! I can't believe you're unpacked already! We moved when I was 4 months along and it took us months to unpack. And congrats on the decision to UC! I think that's great!

Korey- I hope the physical therapy helps the pain.

Papa- how's the babymooning going? What's it like being a papa now?

AFM- still just hanging out. 37 weeks now. Full term! Woohoo! My BP is being weird. It keeps fluctuating, which is good. Sometimes high, sometimes low. I'm still getting evaluated at a the doctor's today JIC. But my midwives are a bit less worried now. I'm taking EPO and just relaxing at home, not working. Its pretty darn nice, I gotta say. I'm pretty positive that the high BP was due to my very stressful job. I thrive on it when not pregnant, but apparently it's not that good for the end of pregnancy.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#187 of 442 Old 10-13-2010, 09:38 AM

thinking of you today Lyndzies & wishing you a happy, healthy birth.

~ sarah
#188 of 442 Old 10-13-2010, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

to mistral & lyndzies: EL can't wait to read both of your anouncements!!! good luck to you both!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#189 of 442 Old 10-13-2010, 10:44 AM

Lyndzies~ Best of luck to you all. I'm sure it will be wonderful, and then we'll get to see photos. Woohoo!!

Monarch~ Sorry about the bp, but hooray for being full term. That's got to be a good feeling.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#190 of 442 Old 10-13-2010, 11:08 AM

Whoo hoo for the upcoming round of births!

Lyndzies - I'm glad that there's an end in sight for you. You've been very patient, but now it's time to meet CJ!

Monarchgrrl - Full term! How's that for another milestone? I'm glad to hear the blood pressure is under control, or well, at least not permanently staying high.

Mistral - I have my fingers crossed for you that the babe will come out soon and this show gets on the road!

Papa - I love the photos of your wee one and your full-fledged emergence into papadom.

AFU - Nothing all that interesting to report. Slowly, the belly is getting bigger. Although I feel pregnant, and I've been in maternity clothes for 3+ weeks now, I don't really look pregnant to the larger world. I'm really excited for the day when I have a belly that pops. Although, I'm sure by around 30 weeks, I'll be happy to have the baby come out and get my body back.

The good news is that I have a job now until my maternity leave. It's a crazy story involving a coup and a shift in organizational leadership that saw a funder basically replace my boss in order to give us more money that will cover the gap, set us up with a reserve, and carry over into the next fiscal year. I'm glad I still have a job, however, I'd really like a different job which isn't in the cards right now with a year long mat leave coming up. So, every day I suck it up and countdown the days.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#191 of 442 Old 10-13-2010, 11:10 PM

Mistral & Lyndzies -- Thinking of both of you. Imagining wonderful, peaceful births. Your bodies KNOW what to do! Trust.

Eagerly awaiting those birth announcements!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#192 of 442 Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 AM

Wow, four of us are just waiting for our little ones to show themselves. Things are going well over here. I'm 38 weeks, and finally off of work now. So, I feel like maybe I can get a few things done around here before baby arrives. We'll see though. I have a feeling he's coming soon, though I'll probably be sitting here at 42 weeks wondering why I psyched myself up so much for an early baby. We have another OB appointment tomorrow. Will update you afterward! For now, I should get some rest. Good luck to my fellow 'waiters'!

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#193 of 442 Old 10-14-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
Mistral, can't wait to see pics! and hoping that that little girl comes soon!!
I sent you a PM with a link of some pictures, none of the nursery, DW decided she wanted to do "more" to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post

Any good vibes you can muster Thursday and Friday are so very appreciated. Hey, at least I know we're definitely having a baby before next week. I just can't wait to meet her at this point. Of course, I still hope for a very positive experience.
I am hoping that you go into labor RIGHTNOW so that you can avoid induction. If not, I wish you the very best induction, good luck today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
Mistral- induction today or next Wednesday?

AFM- still just hanging out. 37 weeks now. Full term! Woohoo! My BP is being weird. It keeps fluctuating, which is good. Sometimes high, sometimes low. I'm still getting evaluated at a the doctor's today JIC. But my midwives are a bit less worried now. I'm taking EPO and just relaxing at home, not working. Its pretty darn nice, I gotta say. I'm pretty positive that the high BP was due to my very stressful job. I thrive on it when not pregnant, but apparently it's not that good for the end of pregnancy.
This coming Wednesday, I hope, hope, hope she comes on her own, I am really afraid of induction. At first I wasn't, and the more and more I research, the more afraid I become.

I hope your BP stabilizes. Your little one is almost here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehrli View Post
to mistral & lyndzies: EL can't wait to read both of your anouncements!!! good luck to you both!
Thank you! If I don't get online myself to post it, I will try to get Osker to post something (I haven't asked yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoegirl007 View Post
Whoo hoo for the upcoming round of births!

Mistral - I have my fingers crossed for you that the babe will come out soon and this show gets on the road!

AFU - I'm really excited for the day when I have a belly that pops. Although, I'm sure by around 30 weeks, I'll be happy to have the baby come out and get my body back.

The good news is that I have a job now until my maternity leave. It's a crazy story involving a coup and a shift in organizational leadership that saw a funder basically replace my boss in order to give us more money that will cover the gap, set us up with a reserve, and carry over into the next fiscal year. I'm glad I still have a job, however, I'd really like a different job which isn't in the cards right now with a year long mat leave coming up. So, every day I suck it up and countdown the days.
Thank you!

Your job situation sounds crazy, I hope you find the "perfect" job after your maternity leave.

Re: Your belly popping - It was exciting at first, I was so proud of my bump and now it is just heavy, I cannot wait to have a "semi-normal" none basketball belly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megincl View Post
Mistral & Lyndzies -- Thinking of both of you. Imagining wonderful, peaceful births. Your bodies KNOW what to do! Trust.

Eagerly awaiting those birth announcements!
I am going to take your advice and repeat this to myself. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasar View Post
Wow, four of us are just waiting for our little ones to show themselves. Things are going well over here. I'm 38 weeks, and finally off of work now. So, I feel like maybe I can get a few things done around here before baby arrives. We'll see though. I have a feeling he's coming soon, though I'll probably be sitting here at 42 weeks wondering why I psyched myself up so much for an early baby. We have another OB appointment tomorrow. Will update you afterward! For now, I should get some rest. Good luck to my fellow 'waiters'!
Quasar, so many october babies, they are coming so soon!

AFM: A long while ago, DW blocked the birth channels for me, so I won't be traumatized by some of the births on TV, and then yesterday I did a lot of research on inductions and now I am TERRIFIED of an induced labor, so DW thought it would be a good idea to watch birth stories on TV today, they were all inductions/c-sections, they were horrible, instead of calming me (which was her intention), it added more fear.

I've also turned into a witch... Example, DW was hungry and wanted a quick meal while we were out, so she stopped at McDonalds. She asked me what I wanted (normally, I will get a yogurt and a sweet tea) because she knew I was hungry and I yelled "I don't want anything, What part don't you get, I DON'T LIKE MCDONALDS", poor DW was so shocked at my delivery it took her a while to compose herself and she was shaking from shock, she struggled to pay the employee and pull away from the drive thru. I felt so bad. I didn't mean to yell.... I've been VERY grumpy the last 2 days.

If anyone wants to see some pictures, PM me and I will send a link.

2nd try was a charm! BFP EDD 10/17/10 Beta @ 12 dpo - 92 Beta @ 15 dpo - 902 - It's a GIRL - Olivia Grace 10/18/10 6lb 12 oz
#194 of 442 Old 10-15-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
Thank you! If I don't get online myself to post it, I will try to get Osker to post something (I haven't asked yet)
I'll post something the moment that I hear! (unless it's this weekend while we're on our retreat.. in which case I'll post something the moment I get internet!)

Good luck everyone! I'm so excited for you! I remember being so very, very excited when we were this close! I just couldn't wait for the whole thing to begin because it would mean that H and I would get to spend every moment together with no interruptions from work or the "outside" world... and that's what we got.. 32 hours of! I think it was exhausting while we were in it, but looking back (2 months later), we both thought it was wonderful and were ready to do it all again!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#195 of 442 Old 10-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osker View Post
I'll post something the moment that I hear! (unless it's this weekend while we're on our retreat.. in which case I'll post something the moment I get internet!)

Good luck everyone! I'm so excited for you! I remember being so very, very excited when we were this close! I just couldn't wait for the whole thing to begin because it would mean that H and I would get to spend every moment together with no interruptions from work or the "outside" world... and that's what we got.. 32 hours of! I think it was exhausting while we were in it, but looking back (2 months later), we both thought it was wonderful and were ready to do it all again!
Thanks, the retreat looks like fun, maybe we can go next year...

#196 of 442 Old 10-15-2010, 01:41 PM

We had our final ultrasound today, baby is in the 26th percentile, head down and ready to go... If only she would come. We are preparing ourselves for our Tuesday/Wednesday induction. Please send positive vibes that she comes anytime between now and Monday!!!

#197 of 442 Old 10-16-2010, 09:37 AM

Mistral- beautiful pictures! You look great! I'm sending labor vibes your way. Come on, baby! Come before Tuesday!

Lyndzies- I hope you're holding your CJ now! I've bee stalking this thread and our DDC.

Papa- how's life as a parent?

AFM- My BP was great at my appt yesterday. 120/77. Woohoo! I had labs done at my OB's on Wednesday and everything was perfect. I'm still taking EPO daily just to soften and ripen things up. I guess it's working. I let my midwife check me just to have a baseline before labor and I'm 1cm and super super soft! I know it doesn't mean anything really, but she said it was great for a first-timer at 37 weeks. oh AND my baby is OA now. Not posterior anymore! Just hope she stays that way. Hope everyone is doing well!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#198 of 442 Old 10-16-2010, 10:08 PM

Please keep our baby in your thoughts. We have been in the hospital since yesterday afternoon after I feel at work. Her heart rate is great and the ultrasound looked good but some of her blood mixed with mine so there is a concern about an abruption and also possible leaking. I am scared but trying to stay as calm as possible.

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#199 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 07:50 AM

Introducing Cadence James!

10/15/10
8:43 pm
10 lbs 9 oz
22 in

Crazy story that ended in c/s (details to come) but we are both doing well! She nurses like a champ.

Here's a pic!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#200 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 08:11 AM

She's beautiful! Congratulations, Lindsay!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#201 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 08:28 AM

to Lyndzies!!! Congrats on the arrival of Cadence James. She's lovely.

to Burg. Sending you good wishes that all will stay well.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#202 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 09:40 AM

Welcome earthside CJ

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#203 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 09:58 AM

Congrats Lyndzies, and welcome to sweet baby Cadence James! She's beautiful, and obviously well worth the wait!

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#204 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 AM

Lyndzies -- she is so wonderfully beautiful!!!

Congratulations on having her here with you. Hoping that you are able to enjoy your babymoon in rest and peace.

Amazing!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#205 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 11:52 AM

Wow Lyndzies! 10 lb 9 oz--you have been a trooper carrying a toddler for these past months!! She is darling! Hope your recovery goes well!
#206 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 12:13 PM

Woohoo Lyndzies! She's beautiful! Congrats! Hope your recovery is smooth and easy!

#207 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 01:40 PM

Congratulations mama! And welcome Cadence! She is beautiful!

Thinking of you, Burg.

Sarah
#208 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 01:58 PM

Yay, Lyndzies!! Wow, she's beautiful and BIG!

Welcome to Cadence!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#209 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 05:31 PM

Lyndzies, what a cutie CJ is, congrats! Sorry to hear about the C/S. Looking forward to hearing your birth story when you have time to share. I just started writing mine last night at 8 weeks pp!

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#210 of 442 Old 10-17-2010, 06:45 PM

congratulations lyndzies!! yeah for big babies

she is absolutely lovely - those cheeks are adorable

Me, DW , and DS born 7/6/10

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page