Queer & Pregnant: September, October & November - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 442 Old 08-31-2010, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome queer & pregnant folks!

This is the list for September, October & November.

If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

Pregnant

December 2010
mtnlisa, EDD December 9
kimlyn32, EDD December 12

January 2011
kythryne, EDD January 4

February 2011
korey, EDD February 1
burg, EDD February 4
abeecharmer, EDD February 4
Coco99, EDD February 14

March
Beastie, EDD March 21

April 2011
wehrli & jenmostoften, EDD April 1
gumshoegirl007, EDD April 2
2moms3kids, EDD April 5 (c-section April 1st)
bttrflygypsy, EDD April 10
LibraryLady, EDD April 15
2happymamas, EDD April 15

June 2011
painefaria, EDD June 5

July 2011

pigirl, EDD July 21

MizYellow, EDD July 25

AmyPDX, EDD July/Aug?

August 2011

AmandaHope, EDD August 3

Graduates

erthe_mama & sonj: Vida, born 11/23/10
Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10
quasar & smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10
Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: Esther Melisse, born 8/11/10
jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/2009.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/2009
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/2009
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/2009
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/2009
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/2009
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/2009
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/2009
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/2009
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/2009
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/2009
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/2009
Simcon: "G", born 12/28/2008
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/2008
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/2008
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/2008
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/2008
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/2008
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/2008
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/2008
mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/2008
kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/2008
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/2008
rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/2008
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/2008
thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/2008
mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/2008
msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/2008
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/2008
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/2008

Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon

Jen
Snoopy13 (JD)
Lemurmommies
Miss Scarlett
Astropeep and FozzieBear
escher12

Milletpuff 

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#2 of 442 Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 PM

Thanks for the shiny new thread, wehrli!

.... and HOLY CRAPOLI, I'm next on that list! EEEEEP!

I've been so busy at work, trying to tie up loose ends so I can feel okay about leaving for three months, that I've been totally neglecting my MDC lovelies. I shall try to be better. From what I remember from the last thread as far as personals go:

Coco - I'm glad to hear the spotting stopped, and please know you didn't do anything to hurt those bubs.

Monarch - I think you were asking about Hypnobabies in the last thread? It's going pretty well.... I'm bad about practicing the finger drop and switch stuff outside of listening to my scripts and affirmations daily. But if nothing else, it's really helping me stay in a peaceful, positive state of mind and get some great sleep! I'm trying to be more serious about practicing the stuff throughout the day, but it's just so hard to remember and make myself do it!

Papa - I hope you're able to get everything in order. I know you will. Are you loving the new place??

Damn, I can't remember any other personals. I suck. I DID really enjoy the latest and greatest baby pics!!!

AFM - 35 weeks and change. I am starting to feel really uncomfortably large, I'm slowing down A LOT, and my belly is stretching so much now it's actually painful. I don't know how there could possibly be any more room. For the first time, I'm finally starting to realize there are certain things I just can't do physically anymore, and I've finally been accepting offers of help and obeying orders of "sit down, I'll do that/carry that/take care of that."

She still hasn't picked a position which is becoming increasingly frustrating for me. I'm trying not to dwell on it, but she's starting to run out of weeks. In the evenings, she still likes to lie transverse, and last night while I was tossing and turning, she was most definitely head up and having a little dance party.

We are definitely more than ready for her whenever she's ready; hopefully after at least two weeks have passed and I'm/she's full-term, and ideally right around her due date. Everything is ready at home, and we're ready psychologically/emotionally (I hope!) but like I said, I do need this one last month to tie up some loose ends at work so I can leave and not look back for the three months I'm taking off. The last thing I want is to have work thoughts/calls taking away my focus from our little girl once she's here. I want to be able to walk away and not look back till January!

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#3 of 442 Old 09-01-2010, 01:02 AM

Lyndzies, I hear ya! I can't believe WE ARE NEXT!!! OMG!

This has gone by too quickly. I'm not ready to be done being pregnant. I mean, I want my baby outside and all, but I am enjoying this now, I'm not done yet, even if she's almost done, I AM NOT!!!!!

I like my new place Ok. Mostly. It's kind of not home yet. I lived in my last place two years, and I miss it in weird ways.

Some times I wake up in the morning and wonder where I am. It's weird.

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#4 of 442 Old 09-01-2010, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndzies View Post
She still hasn't picked a position which is becoming increasingly frustrating for me. I'm trying not to dwell on it, but she's starting to run out of weeks. In the evenings, she still likes to lie transverse, and last night while I was tossing and turning, she was most definitely head up and having a little dance party.
Are you doing any 'spinning babies' stuff? My DD was pretty much always head down but I still spent time in the "polar bear" position every night - on knees and forearms.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#5 of 442 Old 09-01-2010, 11:55 AM

FILL IN THE BLANK

You know you're pregnant when you forget your partner's name!

True story

I loved the responses to this from my DDC so I wanted to post it here! That and it is my busiest time of year so I have been a slacker in the posting department. I have been lurking and reading all of your posts and thinking about you all though

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#6 of 442 Old 09-01-2010, 02:08 PM

Wow! Crazy that there's a Q and P thread and we've now officially graduated! Wanted to pop by to offer a quick correction? Wylie was born 7/4, not 6/4. Yes, she's growing fast, but not quite that fast!

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#7 of 442 Old 09-01-2010, 09:17 PM

Thanks for starting the thread, Wehrli! November feels so far away, but I guess this is evidence that we're inching into fall...

It's hard to do personals across two threads, so I'll just pick up from this one; sorry if I'm missing you!

Lyndzies: You are getting close! I'm hoping that Cadence gets into position ASAP, if only to give you some peace of mind. But I guess she's showing you early that she'll do things in her own way? In other news, I'm still blog stalking you, and I'm ready and waiting for some new material. More belly pics?

Papa: I hope your new house feels like home soon! And I'd glad to hear that you're enjoying pregnancy! From the starting end of things, I find I'm looking forward all the time to being *more* pregnant, and I love that you aren't sick of it yet.

Burg: I knew I was pregnant last night, when I fell asleep with all the lights on at 9pm!

AFM: We're having another heat wave, and tomorrow is my first long teaching day of the semester, featuring about 5 hours in hot rooms full of sweating adults. And me. This is also affecting project secret bump, since I basically don't want to wear any clothes, let alone clever layers. Erthe_Mama, I suspect that your baggy t-shirt suggestion would be the most comfortable and concealing way to go, but as a youngish femme professor, I just don't think I can pull it off! Not much else to report...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#8 of 442 Old 09-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Thanks for starting the new thread, wehrli!

Can you please change my due date to February 1?

I think we pushed it back a day based on an early u/s, but then our midwife told us they don't change the due date based on that alone, so we went back to the original EDD of February 1. Okay, that was a long and boring explanation...

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#9 of 442 Old 09-02-2010, 06:39 PM

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I've been absent for so long. Aside from a long list of boring symptoms to complain about, I haven't really had much to report. And, even if I did, I wouldn't have had the energy to type it

This morning, however, we went for our first ultrasound. We had had our first meeting with our midwife on Monday and we asked to have a scan. In large part, two weekends ago I had had some spotting (likely implantation), but I was still a little concerned. I also wanted to see the little babe just to make it real to my brain that there was indeed something growing in my uterus.

DW and I went and it was AWESOME! The baby is 3.2 cms long and had a heartbeat of 180. It's measuring exact for 10w, which is what we are today. And, it had the cutest little arm buds and that it was waving around in there. DW does the best impression of the little babe!!! So far, we have one, happy, healthy and viable future kid.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#10 of 442 Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

hello all!

i haven't even posted since starting the new thread... i've been quite busy, but our lives are about to quiet down soon!

007, i'm glad you got to see the little babe... and a HB of 180!! that's strong!! we go in for another scan tomorrow, at 10 weeks exactly. the doc said he will even be giving us a take home video of the bouncing babe! so exciting!

korey, i updated you. and as for it being a boring explaination, it wasn't... it was informative!

beastie, good luck hiding that bump... i'm glad things are progressing right along for you!

burg, what a funny story... i can't remember my best/funniest pregnancy moment... probably because i've forgotten everything. LOL!

papa, i hope you are feeling more comfortable in that new place of yours... i'm sure that when the babe gets here it will be *home*!

lyndzies, sorry you are starting to feel uncomfortable... but glad that you are accepting help with things because of it. you deserve it! i hope there are some things, like spinning babies, that you can do to help that babe turn.

afm, like i said... busy, busy. we had our first appt with the midwife on tuesday, and we love her!! and we have our last appt with the RE tomorrow!! i'll kinda miss him, he's so super sweet!! and we have an appt scheduled with an family practitioner in mid october, our midwife likes her first-timers to have a doc too, mostly in case we end up needing to go to the hospital for a non-emergency. this doc is super crunchy and will do everything in her power to give us the closest birth to what we wanted as possible, but hopefully we won't need her.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#11 of 442 Old 09-02-2010, 08:55 PM

Thanks for starting this thread, wehrli!

Gumshoe-
YAY for the good ultrasound

Lyndzies and Papa-
I can't believe you two are next! Oh wait. We're in the same DDC. YIKES!!! Come on, Cadence- get that head down and stay there! You can do it!

You know you're pregnant when: You call your spouse by your cat's name and you call your cat "Babe". All in about an hour. And I yelled "babe" at the cat because she was scratching on the couch a little and it scared DW and she wondered what she was doing wrong.

AFM- I've felt so lucky this whole pregnancy and not had any real hormonal surges or outbursts or crankiness. I reminded DW how easy she has it with me. Her SIL's turned into totally different people that no one wanted to be around. However, two nights ago I was home alone and started crying very hard just thinking about how much I love our baby already. Then it stopped abruptly and I haven't been teary about it again. I know it was just hormones, but I'm glad it came out in a surge of all-encompassing love rather than a bitch-filled tirade at DW.

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#12 of 442 Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 AM

Papa - perhaps some nesting will make it feel like home? Although, if you're anything like me, time for nesting is extremely limited. I've been so busy with work, I haven't really had a chance to do some of the down-and-dirty cleaning I'd like to do (hmmm... I think by now, it's a job for DP. )

carmen - I've done some positions recommended by my chiropractor to help with baby position (some of which are recommended on spinning babies) and he's been doing the Webster technique on me, too (which is really supposed to help encourage babies to turn). If she's not head down by next week's appointment, I may try some more spinning babies techniques in earnest!

burg -

Beastie - I posted Monday and yesterday! New belly pic for my and DP's anniversary. This is her gift (but it's not ready to be opened yet!). I'm hoping to do a video and pics of the "nursery reveal" as soon as DP gets the darn doors painted!

Sorry to hear about your current heat wave; we just had another, too (it finally is predicted to break today). I can imagine it is making project "secret bump" difficult. Remind us again how long you're hoping to hold out before going public w/ your news?

gumshoegirl - Awesome about the u/s! I agree, definitely a great heartbeat! I'm going to go ahead and predict girl for you. I'm sorry you had a little scare w/ spotting, though. P.S. I think you should make a video of DP doing the impression of the arm-budded embie. Lol.

wehrli - so great that you got on so well with your midwife, and yay for graduating from the RE!!! Although you'll miss him, that must be a great milestone! Also, glad your busy time is beginning to slow down. Don't want to wear yourself out TOO much! You've got important work to do.

Monarchgrrl - I KNOW! We are all SOOOOOO close!!! I'm glad you've had a pregnancy free of some of the crazy episodes a lot of mamas have. I've been pretty good, too. I hear you on the sudden onset of crying though; that's been happening to me more often in the third tri, especially these last couple of weeks or so. I think - along with hormones - I'm just starting to get a little overwhelmed at the love I can feel is already building for this little girl and the new family that's about to become so very very real. For awhile during this pregnancy, I feel like I was just "playing house." I mean, logically I knew there was a baby coming, and that's what we were preparing for, but I think it's only recently become super-duper-holy-cow-there's-a-person-that's-about-to-come-out-of-me-and-she's-going-to-be-a-part-of-our-lives-forever real. YouknowwhatImean?

You know you're pregnant when: you drop something on the floor, but it's too much effort to pick it up... and you know/hope someone else will, eventually.

AFM - Chillin' like a villian. Still working like a madwoman trying to get stuff done at my job so I can breathe easier. DP and I are going out for dinner for our anniversary tonight (anni was yesterday!) which will be nice, because we haven't been getting out just the two of us much lately, and the time for doing so is quickly coming to a close... at least for a little while. We're having a friend stay with us over the long weekend - one of the "guideparents" we chose for Cadence - so that will be fun.

I've got some pretty severe pelvic pain going on again, which just came on in the last couple of days, despite my ongoing chiro care, so I'm going to my PCP (my midwife's office is closed, DRAT!) to get checked out and give a urinalysis to see if it's another UTI. Part of me hopes it is, because then I can take an antibiotic and feel better... part of me hopes it's not, because I really don't want to take an antibiotic this close to my due date (I've heard certain ones are not good to take w/in 4 weeks of delivery). But either way, I'll likely be started on one prophylactic-ly. *sigh* Oh well. The pain is bad, so whatever is needed to take it away, I guess. And, it's no good to have an infection this close to delivery either, I guess. And pain hormones are no good for Cadence. Have to keep reminding myself about all of these things.

... I think I'm also just not really wanting to see an MD after all my great appointments with my midwife these last 8 months. I'm worried she's going to want to "check" me, and honestly, I don't want her to and am wondering how good I'll be at sticking to my guns if she says she's gonna. My midwife will be checking me on Wednesday, thankyouverymuch. Eh, probably worrying about nothing, but I just have a FEELING that going into a doctor's office complaining of pelvic pain at ~36 weeks means the doc will want to check. GRRRRRR.

Wish me luck!

Oh, and happy long weekend to those in the U.S.!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#13 of 442 Old 09-04-2010, 10:08 AM

Hi all, and happy weekend! And happy long weekend to all of you in the US!

Korey: Glad you got your due date all sorted out! I keep pushing mine back in my head, not based on any reasoning but that I'd prefer it. But I'm sure that having the "real" date is reassuring!

Gumshoe: Hooray for seeing a healthy bean in there. I never answered my own QOTD, but our ultrasounds have been the best so far. I hate to rely so much on something medical instead of intuition or whatever, but getting visual confirmation is the best. I agree with Lyndzies that you should video your DP's fetus impression.

Wehrli: Hooray for graduating from the RE!!! You must really be pregnant! I'm glad the first midwife visit went well.

Monarch: How lucky that your hormones manifest in love and kindness! So far (as you've all seen), mine have manifested in anxious whining...I hope the calm continues for the next few weeks, right up until your baby's birth!

Lyndzies: I love every blog update, but your anniversary post was especially sweet. I hope you get your achy pelvis sorted out soon, so you can enjoy these final days and get everything ready for Cadence!

AFM: Thanks, all, for your reassuring words. The heatwave broke again, and I'm feeling better (if a little embarrassed for my freak out). I had my first long day of teaching on Thursday (an 8am to 10pm on campus kind of day), only had one pregnancy-brain moment of showing up in the wrong (empty) classroom and panicking before finding my students in the next room, enjoyed both classes, came home and vomited from missing dinner. So, I'm glad that's under my belt. Speaking of my belt, I'm hoping to extend project secret bump just another week or two, so that I can make it through all the start-of-semester madness before the big reveal. I'm the first woman to be pregnant in my department in about 17 years, and the first one without tenure maybe ever, so I worry about the responses!

Not much else to report. I promise to be less of a downer any day now! These last weeks of the first trimester are when we had to terminate last time, and I think I'll breathe easier once I pass the 13 week mark. Thanks for your patience, mamas and papas!

#14 of 442 Old 09-04-2010, 01:24 PM

wehrli: Wow, it sounds like you have a great team behind you! Way to go!
P.S. Thanks for starting the new thread!!

FtMPapa: I totally hear you there! I'm so sick of moving... I've had to move five (soon to be six) times in the past three years! I don't even bother wondering where I am when I wake up now... lol jk This is by far the worst timing though. Hope you get settled in quickly!

Beastie: It doesn't feel far to me...November 4 is our due date! Also, I'm jealous of your heat wave; it's 13° here right now! (that's around 55° for you Americans. ) And you're right, I don't think baggy tshirts would suit your profession. Maybe some flowy empire waist tops or a tunic top/shirt-dress with leggings? But probably not this. heehee

gumshoegirl007: I'd love to see your DW's impression of the arm buds; that must be super funny! Congratulations on your successful ultrasound.

Monarchgrrl: Love your story about DW and the cat! Sure gave me a good laugh!! I'm glad you haven't had any hormone troubles either.

Lyndzies: In the morning, before you get out of bed, try doing child's pose. It really feels great for your back, and has the added benefit of encouraging baby into a vertex position.
You said, "You know you're pregnant when: you drop something on the floor, but it's too much effort to pick it up... and you know/hope someone else will, eventually." That's our roommates EVERY DAY. That's going to be one of the advantages of moving to a smaller place. lol Good luck with the doc! Oh, and Labour Day isn't only a U.S. holiday.

AFU: I've been pumping for the last couple of days in preparation for breastfeeding our new baby that's due in less than nine weeks (eek!) , and my breasts are feeling very swollen and heavy. DP says they look "re-inflated". Thanks a lot. haha I think I'll start lactating really soon at this rate. I'm sure the fenugreek, blessed thistle, dill seed, cumin and fennel aren't hurting either. I'm actually pumping right now! Yay for button-up sweaters in place of nursing bras. On the down side, DP's heartburn is getting way worse. Anyone have a natural/preggers-friendly remedy for heartburn aside from acv?

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#15 of 442 Old 09-04-2010, 02:44 PM

ErtheMama - wow, that's a lot of moving!

I'm not pumping myself, but I'm gathering donor milk from local and not-quite-local mamas...I can't believe it's coming up so soon! I just got a giant freezer and I'm in the process of filling it up, thanks to MilkShare and some very kind local Mamas...of course, I still need lots more, but it's a start.

I have about a month left! CRAZY!!!!!

SPBC Finally a Papa! Elise Ember Soleil - 10/3/10 - 4:09 AM - 6 lbs 8 oz My daughter eats donor milk! Human milk for human babies!
#16 of 442 Old 09-05-2010, 10:36 AM

Hello everyone !! Happy long weekend !

FtMPapa : Wow !! One month ! I remember you got pregnant on the same month when we started back TTC... and then you were about the same as we are at now when we got pregnant... meaning we have only about that to go lol. 9 months (which will be more like 8 in our case) can seem so long... and then suddently its halfway here for us... and almost here for you !

erthe_mama : Happy pumping Its time to get ready huh !!

Beastie : Glad that you feel better now. I also give trainings in my work and I dont know about you, but when I havent done it in a while like after a vacation, there is a fair amount of stress that comes with starting again... maybe you said it before but I,m curious about what ou teach ? I hope the big reveal goes well at work, that must be stressful... is there someone to replace you ? If it was me, there really isnt anyone that cuold up and take on my trainings, no one is trained to do it right now...

Lyndzies : Wow, take it easy with all that work ! Sorry about the pain... I understand about not wanting to me *checked*............... especially since that is where it hurts... I hope all gets better for you !

Monarchgrrl : Hurray for nice hormones lol . My DP has had her moments... and sometimes it takes me one or two minutes to recognize them as preggo moments because she does not LOL. There have been those times when I just repeat in my head like a mantra... its pregnancy... dont react, its pregnancy... take it easy, its pregnancy..... lol.

gumshoegirl007 : Hurray for a happy ultrasound ! And now that you mentionned it, you HAVE to find a way to show us your DP's impression of the arm-budded-baby ! hihihi

wehrli : Glad that you love your MW !! I think that helps... we are not crazy about the doc we have been seeing at the high-risk clinic... he is nice but just... distant I guess ?

korey : Hurray for one less day to wait ;-)

As for us... well not much to report, which is great news ! It means that DP hasnt been spotting AT ALL since the little bit she had last friday so it has now been a whole week, and that is WITH increased activity. I think we are both starteing to feel more secure at this point. She will be 17 weeks tomorrow and is starting to show quite a bit. I think it is so beautiful...

We had a friend over last night who offered to lend us all her baby clothes... she had a girl and a boy and said that she most likely has enough for two babies of the same gender if that is what we have. I am very happy about that, baby clothes are just so expensive and last so little time !

This afternoon, we are going to go buy two cribs I think DP's nesting instinct kicken in, she wants the nursery ready. I know we still have some time but at the rate she is gaining stomach, I think she wants to do it all because she gets too uncomfortable to participate. I think we will buy them and keep them in the boxes a few more weeks... I think a part of me is still afraid to jinx us...

So... thats about it !

Have a great holiday weekend !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#17 of 442 Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 PM

Hi, Everyone!

Coco - GREAT news on the no more spotting! I think it's a good idea to start on the nursery now while DP is feeling good. Take advantage of it!

Papa - It's really awesome that you can get breast milk from a milk share! Such a great idea.

erthe_mama - I'm not sure what acv is, but I would recommend TwinLab Super Enzymes--plant enzymes and HCL combined. They help me, and they helped a friend of mine when she was much further along.

Beastie - I can't even imagine how difficult it must be to manage the anxiety from your last pregnancy. Or maybe I'm just projecting! Either way, you're almost there! And at least work is keeping you busy in the meantime.

Lyndzies - Happy Anniversary! And I love the idea of "guideparents"! I hope your pelvic pain turns out to be easily addressed without worry. I'm experiencing some pelvic pain, myself, and I don't like what I'm finding out! More on that later...

Monarch - I'd say one hormonal crying episode is pretty damn good! Personally, I think you're entitled to a few more, if you want them!

wehrli - Good to hear that you found a midwife you really like! P.S. Eat your mangoes!

gumshoe - Congrats on a great first u/s!

burg - You know you're pregnant when... you realize that going to the mall during Labor Day weekend was one of the biggest mistakes of your life! How are things with you?

AFM - Lots going on over here. I've been dealing with what I thought was low back pain since about week 8. Long story short, a new chiropractor informed me that I'm actually dealing with pelvic pain, likely due to high levels of relaxin. (Here's a pic that shows the difference between low back pain (diagram A) and pelvic pain (diagram B).) Basically, the joints and muscles around my sacrum (base of the spine) are inflamed.

Prenatal yoga has been making things worse (even though I did yoga regularly before getting pregnant) and the only thing that's given me the slightest bit of relief is visiting my chiropractor. The pain has been keeping me up at night. It hurts when I sit, it hurts when I lay, and I'm not supposed to stay in any one position for very long. Last week, the pain was so bad that it kept me from sleeping at all for 2 days. Sleep is a little better now, but still really rough.

What worries me is that I've done a lot of research and found that women with severe pelvic pain often end up with elective c-sections because pushing would be too difficult. This is my worst fear! I mean, I suppose there are way worse things in life, but I really want a natural birth. I'm seeing my midwife on Wednesday and we're going to figure out what to do. Maybe I can get physical therapy or something so that we can nip this in the bud before it gets any worse!

In the meantime, we may have to cancel our trip to Ptown this week. I'm very sad about that possibility but, again, I guess there are worse things in life. We'll have to see how things go in the next few days and then we'll make a decision. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

I'll update you all on this pelvic pain thing after I see my midwife. Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend, everyone!

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#18 of 442 Old 09-06-2010, 05:38 PM

FtMPapa: It sure is a lot of moving! Wow, that's so cool that you have so many people helping you out with milk! Yay!

Coco99: Oh yeah, it's starting to feel like "crunch time". Is there possibly another doc you could see so feel more comfortable? Great news about not spotting, and all those baby clothes!!!

korey: Thanks for the suggestion! I'm going to call our local health food place and see if they have some. (Oh, and acv = apple cider vinegar.) I'm sorry to heart about your pelvic pain!! Have you tried acupressure?

AFU: I have a terrible cold, and DP's been taking care of me instead of the other way around which feels kind of weird. lol. I sure hope she doesn't catch my cold! Also, we've figured out that eating some cucumber helps with her heartburn temporarily, and better some relief than none at all.

placenta.gifeat.gif I'm a queer / trans-activist / poly / pagan / (dis)abled  / crazy / crunchy partner to fsonj; we're mamas to our unschooled/freeskooled 10yo, and co-breastfeed our sprightly toddler love.gif born Nov '10! (Ask me about how to supplement at the breast!)

#19 of 442 Old 09-06-2010, 06:11 PM

This is us... and the bump @ exactly 17 weeks

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=521264032

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#20 of 442 Old 09-08-2010, 08:33 PM

Well, we saw the midwife today and it seems that things may not be as bad as I feared (or as bad as my chiropractor made it sound)!

She said my uterus is still far back in my pelvis and hasn't shifted forward yet. (Which is why I still have a waist line and look fat, not pregnant! ) Everything probably should have shifted forward and popped out by now, but that's not a cause for concern. She thinks that my growing uterus is just pushing against my pelvis and that's what's causing all the pain. She gave me some exercises to do to try and "coax" my uterus forward.

If things haven't shifted forward or I'm still having the pain two weeks from now, then she'll send me to physical therapy. That makes me happy, because there's relief in sight one way or another!

And, thankfully, it looks like we'll be able to go on our P-town trip! I just have to be careful not to overdo it on all the walking. That's fine--as long as I can eat and whale watch, I'll be very happy!

6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#21 of 442 Old 09-08-2010, 08:36 PM

Hi all! Shana tovah and Eid mabrook to those that celebrate!

Coco: What great pictures of you guys. You look happy and sweet and PREGNANT! Thanks for sharing. Also, hooray for an end to the spotting, and for free baby clothes, and for starting to nest! Since you asked, I teach English, mostly early modern british lit. Since this bean is showing up about a month before the end of the semester, the plan is that if all goes well I'll take a week or two off for the birth and then maintain my teaching commitments until the end of the semester. And then have four months of summer babymoon! But a lot depends on what my department chair and my union rep have to say about things...

Earthe_mama: Thanks for the helpful wardrobe suggestions. I have a faculty meeting on Friday, and I think that fetus tanktop will be just the subtle look I'm going for! Also, I'm super impressed by your hard work and good luck in inducing lactation. Please keep us up to date with your progress! Oh, and feel better soon!

Papa: Only a month! I know you're loving being pregnant, but it's exciting that ember will be earthside so soon. I'm glad that your freezer is filling, and I hope your new space is starting to feel more like home.

Korey: How's your pelvic pain? Have you seen the midwife yet? Did you cancel Ptown? I hope we get a positive update soon. Thinking of you. ETA: We cross-posted! Glad that the midwife was able to help and that you'll get your vacation after all!

AFM: Had a regular OB appointment today, and got to hear the fetus's heartbeat on the doppler. Scheduled an NT scan for Monday. And I'm hoping that, if all goes well, that'll be the end of the medical intervention part of my pregnancy. Time to switch to a midwife and settle in to the second trimester! In other news, I decided to to the Jewish blood panel (mostly out of curiosity, since the donor was screened for most of the list), but my Michigan OB office couldn't figure out how to do the tests, since they see so few Jews! So that was an interesting start to this week of Jewish holidays...

#22 of 442 Old 09-09-2010, 01:46 PM

Korey- YAY for P-town! Have fun! Glad your back pain is improving.

Coco- what cute pics!

erthe- I hope your cold is getting better. No fun!

Beastie- YAY for hearing the heartbeat!

AFM- Nothing much going on here. Just getting bigger and bigger. We're hopefully finishing up the baby's room this weekend. Just have to buy a bookshelf at Ikea and put together the pack n' play and then we can hang the art and the little decorations. Once that's all done then in the next couple of weeks I can wash (and wash and wash and wash, etc) the diapers to get them ready. Luckily all the little clothes only need one wash. Whew!

How's everyone else doing?

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#23 of 442 Old 09-10-2010, 03:35 PM

Papa, Lyndzies & Monarch--I'm getting so excited for you--I've been hanging around since you were all TTC and it seems like such a short time ago. I hope all your preparations are coming together for your babys' arrivals!

Korey--I hope your pelvic pain keeps getting better--mine is coming and going--yesterday barely comfortable walking all morning but then somehow everything realigned during my afternoon nap! My chiro seems to think that its mostly just things moving around due to looseness and therefore to just keep myself in positions that feel fine.

Beastie--hope you are feeling well and your week of school has gone well.

You Know You are Pregnant when--you cross your legs every time you think you might have to sneeze! Also when I walk by a mirror--I'm still surprised EVERY single time I see myself--I think "How did THAT happen??!"

AFU We are beginning to plan, with my sister at the helm, for the baby shower. Its amazing how much time I can spend online thinking about our registry when I have other work to do. We have been keeping our hand me down (okay and the things we buy every time we go to any store) baby clothes in a crib and its now about a foot deep--so I'm thinking we don't really need anything more!
#24 of 442 Old 09-10-2010, 05:20 PM

Wehrli - Congrats on graduating from your RE. That's some big news worth celebrating!

Monarchgrrl - I love the name mix up with your cat and DP. Too funny!

Lyndzies - Hope you had a fabulous anniversary and I'm sorry to hear about the pelvic pain. Oh the joys of the third trimester. But, the baby will soon be here.

Beastie - How's the belt and the pants situation? Already I can't wear any of my pre-pregnancy jeans. I got pregnant and suddenly added an inch on my waist! Hopefully you can keep the baby a secret as long as you feel is necessary. I can't wait till we get to hear the heartbeat at our next midwife appt!

erthe_mama - Yay for inducing lactation. My DW is going to give that a go and I hope it works for her.

FtMPapa - One month! Oh, and I do have a secret for you. I'm very confident that we know each other in real life. I'm one of your Canadian camp friends

Coco99 - Crib shopping sounds so exciting. I hope it all panned out. And, that's quite a lovely belly shot.

korey - Yay for a Ptwon trip. That sounds like so much fun. Hopefully you'll "pop" out anyday now.

mtnlisa - A baby shower is good times and provides lots of justifiable reasons for procrastination.

AFU, we're now 11w1d and time is flying now that it's the fall. Our donor is in town this weekend for a visit. I think it will be great to hang out with him and the kids. The only thing that's a little odd is that we haven't see him since he was last here to help us conceive!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#25 of 442 Old 09-11-2010, 10:07 AM

Please add me edd is 4/5/11, but we are having a repeat c-section on 4/1/11 if I can hold out until then!

-Sarah

Sarah & Liz = Our 3 princesses: Riley (4/22/05), Teagan (4/15/08) and Finley (4/1/11)!!
#26 of 442 Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 AM - Thread Starter

gumshoe, hope you enjoy your time with KD & co.! and time is starting to fly isn't it?!

mtnlisa, ooo... baby shower i have a feeling that we will be in the same boat. we are already getting hand-me-downs and our moms are shopping thrift already. and not to mention there are some things in the store we just can't pass up!

monarch, horray for getting the final stuff ready!! i'm so excited for you!!

beastie, yea for hearing the HB again! i'm so glad things are going well for you. FX for a good scan on monday! oh and pardon my ignorance but what does the jewish blood panel tell you??

korey, i'm glad there is some solutions in sight... and also happy that you don't have to cancel your trip to Ptown! have fun!!

coco, you and DP are sooo cute! and look at that belly! you must be loving it!!!

erthe, i hope you are feeling better!

afm, things are going well... i keep feeling something and wondering if it's the quickening... i'm sure i'm just looking too hard for it DP and i are getting ready to enjoy our first weekend off in ten whole weeks!! so basically, we haven't had a weekend since we concieved!! we have my grandpa's 80th bday party to go to this afternoon, which we were looking forward to but then, thanks to some of my family's posts on FB, we are terrified! i've always felt like i've had a pretty accepting family (and i suppose i do comparitively) but some ignorant comments/videos were posted and DP posted comments back in defense, and of course now they are thinking we are a couple of overreacting lesbian "femi-nazis". i can't believe my own family can make me feel this sick! we almost canceled going, but that's not fair to my grandpa or my parents plus we have to go to stand proud and hold tight to our convictions, not run away like some scared puppy. but this is not the energy that i wanted my weekend to have... oh, well... i guess this is probably only the begining... i'm so glad i have "family" elsewhere, like here and in my lovely [renfair] community.

#27 of 442 Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2moms3kids View Post
Please add me edd is 4/5/11, but we are having a repeat c-section on 4/1/11 if I can hold out until then!

-Sarah
welcome, sarah! i've added you... please note any new updates in bold so i don't miss them.

#28 of 442 Old 09-11-2010, 12:36 PM

We're still hanging out around here too. I read the posts, but with working and chasing a 17 month old around I don't have much time to respond. We're 33 1/2 weeks along now! The baby's moving around like crazy and I swear he's trying to bust out of my belly button, lol. Recently my ribs have started aching. If I am at work or even just sitting and eating, the top part of my abdomen burns from all the stretching and pressure put on the lower part of my ribs. I'm complaining a lot.

Loving partner to smartycat  ribbonrainbow.gif  . Enjoying life with our DS's- 4/5/09 and 10/29/10 love.gif!  Moms to three dogs and four cats.
#29 of 442 Old 09-12-2010, 06:48 PM

I'm just catching up on the past couple of weeks. Sorry but I don't have time for many personals. I'm excited for all of you who are due so soon. Time sure flies, doesn't it? I can't believe our Zivia will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. We're in such a time warp and in some ways it feels like she's always been here. I'm excited for those of you who are close to cross over to the other side!

erthe_mama, for heartburn I took papaya enzymes and they worked well for heartburn, though I did have to take a lot of them and often.

mtnlisa, for the peeing yourself, just wait for postpartum!

AFM, things are good, but a bit chaotic. Our 3.5 yr old is having major sleep troubles/regressions which makes it hard for him to cope and hard for us to cope too. The baby is a piece of cake though, except for needing to nurse her all night! She seems so much more chill than DS so far and I'm so grateful for that. She can even fall asleep alone in a bouncy chair sometimes which DS NEVER did. He needed lots of help falling asleep until he was 2.5 yrs old and I can't tell you how excited I would be if we have a good sleeper on our hands. Fingers crossed.

My healing is much better now and I can sit again. My tear seems to be healing up very well. Hemis are still hurting but are so much better and the worst of it now is some pelvic bone pain and tailbone pain. Hoping a trip to the chiropractor tomorrow will help. Otherwise I'll just have to wait it out.

Megan-39, Postpartum Doula, DW to Sacha-40 (18 years together) and Mama to Finn Alexander born 4/2/07 and Zivia Littlewood born 8/23/10

#30 of 442 Old 09-13-2010, 08:11 AM

megan sacha- Glad to hear that you're healing well. I hope that the pelvic & hipbone pain goes away soon! Good luck with sleeping issues and I will cross my fingers for you that the new lo is a champion sleeper

quasar- You're so close, how exciting! Unless of course it now feels like the hurry up and wait period. quasar's baby- the belly button is not an escape hatch, lol.

wehrli- I hope that you had a great weekend off! I also hope that the family drama was at a minimum and you were able to just enjoy the day with your Grandpa's day! Family drama, ugh, good times. Yay for the first signs of movement.

2moms3kids- Welcome! Congrats on your 'april fool'

gumshoegirl007- Hope that you had a great weekend with KD & his kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnlisa View Post
You Know You are Pregnant when--you cross your legs every time you think you might have to sneeze! Also when I walk by a mirror--I'm still surprised EVERY single time I see myself--I think "How did THAT happen??!"
I have found myself staring at the mirror is disbelief 1 or 2 times lately! Have fun with registry planning, I can understand what a (fun) time suck it can be!

Monarchgrrl- Exciting that the nursery is almost done. Would love to see pictures

Beastie- Welcome to the 2nd trimester, doesn't the 1st seem to fly by?

korey- Hope that everything 'pops' soon. Also, hope that you had (are having?) a great time in P-town.

Coco- Love the pictures!

AFM- We have our anatomy scan today and I am hoping that baby isn't modest As much as I want to find out what we're having, I am just excited to see the baby it feels like it has been so long since our last u/s. It is my busiest season at work and it is kicking my behind. Working long days + Saturdays is seriously cutting into my nap time.

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page