Queer Conceptions - September - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 358 Old 09-06-2010, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Solejean--Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!

Coco--what a lovely baby bump!

Big changes afoot around here--our downstairs neighbor friends came back from a week away and their 9 month-old daughter is now crawling, cruising, and teething all at once! So we're in the market for baby-proofing stuff. I keep hoping that she'll wear off on us...

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#62 of 358 Old 09-06-2010, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Escher~ I'm not sure about a late implanter...my lutenal phase lasts 10-17 days...which is a little more varied than most women it seems. We have not been running the a/c at night just keeping the windows open with a celing fan running. It could be the progestrone...I just don't know, what's going on. Oh...overall this tww temps have been lower than previous months.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#63 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 10:38 AM

Solejean-- Because I was on my phone yesterday and didn't get to give you a *proper* dancin veggie parade....

Stick bean stick!

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#64 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM

Congratulations, Solejean!

So happy for you! Good luck with the pregnancy!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#65 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 AM

Congrats Solejean!!!!!

(We got our BFP on Memorial Day Weekend & I must say it made for a wonderful long weekend )

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#66 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 AM

SOLEJEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you and so many hugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must say, your little 'bfp' headline of your post was about the most unassuming announcement I've ever seen. WOOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting, and how funny that DP said "Just pee on the stick then go back to bed!" Yeah, sure!!! SO happy for you!! Sticky bean!!! What's your due date (since I KNOW you've already looked it up!! )

Scarlett~ That's an impressive congratulatory display there~ I hope we get to make one for you very soon!! How's your cramping been?

Gelly~ So sorry about the bfn. Nothing makes it feel better, I know. So many people's QOTD has talked about how devastating it feels and it's true. Big hugs xox

Escher~ When will you test?

I'm missing a lot of people and apologize~ it's a hectic day in the library already. Much love to all you ladies!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#67 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 12:43 PM

Solejean!!!! Congrats. Stucky dust to you!

Scarlett - how are you feeling?

Gelly - Hang in there.

AFM - had my u/s this morning....not good news. Today is cd14 and I had 2 follicles, but only 12mm each. Plus, my uterus lining is VERY thin. I didn't get to see my doc today, but the nurse pract instead. She specializes in fertility, which is good. She said the clomid is likely the cause of the uterus being so thin. She's going to chat with my doc and see what the next step should be. Chances are we won't IUI this month due to the thin uterus lining. She thinks it would be a waste of sperm. If/when the follies did mature, then chances are the egg wouldn't implant and if it did, I'd likely miscarry. I am guessing they'll switch me off the clomid and use another drug next month. I am sooooo bummed.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#68 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 01:27 PM

2ez: Sorry about the news.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful smilies and dancing veggies. I'm still trying to convince myself that it's real. Now the worries of the TWW switch to the three month wait and that is a long time to worry. My EDD is 5/18/11 and since my birthday is 5/7 I will be 39 unless the LO is early. My DS was two weeks early, but I really don't want to have that happen again.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#69 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 01:37 PM

2ez--- SO SO Sorry At least you were u/s monitoring and not just blindly inseming and wasting time and sperm. Hopefully between you, the doc, and the np yall can all come up with a plan to get you on the right track. I *know* sitting out is the most frustrating thing ever, but at least it will have a purpose.

My DP decided to start me on a short round of pregnancy safe antibiotics and my cramping stopped about five hours after the first dose. I must have had some stuff cooking in my uterus. I just hope it didn't kick out all the sperm while it was trying to eject the bad stuff. I had a bit of a temp drop today...hmm seems early for implantation....

Happy Tuesday folks!

#70 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 04:11 PM

Hi Everyone,

Scarlett: It is interesting that the antibiotics worked to stop some of the cramping! I hope everything is going perfectly in there. Maybe you have an early implanter!

Solejean: Isn't it crazy that when you finally finish the TWW you get an even longer wait? I hope it magically goes very quickly for you!

2ezforyou: I'm so sorry. I hope that your doc is able to come up with a good plan for you for next cycle.

Library: I started testing today, and I'll keep testing every day until either AF arrives or I get a bfp or it is 14dpo. The great thing about testing at 9dpo is that I expect negative tests, so they don't bother me at all. We'll see if I'm still feeling so calm about it at 12dpo.

Gelly: How are you doing?

AFM: 9dpo. Nothing to report.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#71 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Hello everyone!!

SOLEJEAN congrats

Sorry I have been MIA my brother got married this past weekend and while the family was in town we threw a surprise shower for my sister who is getting married on 10/30/10. I guess things are okay. We need to talk to KD about insemming F, S and SU this week. Hopefully, this will be the last time that we need to do this. DP and I have been talking and I think that if I don't get pregnant that we will be looking at either adoption or taking a break while we figure her cycle out. Her cycle is really unpredictable 33-35 days long and we are not sure when she ovulates but we have been doing this for a year and it is really taking a toll on me

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#72 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 07:28 PM

SoleJean- Yay, Congratulations!

(Dance Banana!)

IVF & Escher- We are considering IVF as soon as a month from now. We have added up our costs so far TTC and it far outweighs what IVF costs. I have some friends who have done IVF and they say they wish they started it sooner. It’s a difficult decision because I always said I wouldn’t do it and now here we are considering it.

Miss Scarlett- I have not seen the great sperm race, but it sounds like a perfect documentary to watch right now! So nice to hear you are going to Key West, it’s one of my favorite places. There is a lesbian hotel called Pearl’s Rainbow. Also, I felt my follicles coming down the tubes so maybe that’s happening for you. I’m sorry to hear about your miscarriage, I have a friend who just did IVF and miscarried.

Gelly- Good luck looking for another KD. I feel the same as you that frozen sperm is really not for me. We just don’t have any access to fresh sperm that we would want to use. I hope you find what you are looking for! about your BFN.

PrettyIsa- Our friends keep telling me to be around babies or pregnant women. They say the pheromones will help you get pregnant. I’m not sure if that is true but it’s worth trying.

2ez- I am very sorry for the thinning news. You may ask them about Femara. I am taking that and Library just got pregnant using it.

Painefaria- s, I know how you feel. DP and I had the same conversation recently. We may consider one round of IVF before adoption. We keep going back and forth about it. DP was adopted and I think because of that is routing more for a pregnancy and birth.

AFM- Femara is treating me great so far no side effects. Trying to stay calm but we are moving into our new house in two weeks. Makes it a little difficult to be totally relaxed.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#73 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 08:34 PM

solejean!!! your pregnant!!! good job!
i hope this *3 month* wait isn't too bad for you.... it's been relatively ok to me... but maybe that's because we got to have 3 u/s... seeing the lil monkey really helped us from stressing about the first tri.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#74 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 10:43 PM

2ez~ I'm sorry about your news, but thank goodness we have the doctors/nurses to let us know what's the best thing to do, so we don't waste our tries and get our hopes up so much. Femara was always very good to us (obviously) and I do recommend you give it a try. Best of luck oxoxxo

Max~ The Great Sperm Race is really an amazing show. You can see it in chunks on YouTube and I highly recommend it. It totally puts into perspective why it's so hard to get knocked up, when it seems like it should be so simple.

Solejean~ SO EXCITING! And yeah, 2ww worries gone, 9 million other worries in their place. But May's a good time for a baby~ congrats again!!

Scarlett~ I'm glad your cramps are finished. I hope that this craziest of cycles is the luckiest one.

Escher~ I like your testing plan, you're braver than I! I hope it's all good news this time xo

Wehrli~ The u/s does help. We have another one in the morning, and if everything is okay we'll be released from the RE and will just be the patient of our midwife. It's a weird feeling, but a good one, eh?

Good luck to all xoxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#75 of 358 Old 09-07-2010, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
2ez--I'm sorry to hear your news. Hopefully they'll find something that'll work next time. So disappointing to hear about the clomid, though.

scarlett--glad to hear the antibiotics worked! I love seeing your little sheepies!

maxK--if that's the case, I should have no problems. We've got the munchkin downstairs, and I think I know 4 pregnant women at work. It's going around, as they say...

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#76 of 358 Old 09-08-2010, 01:36 PM

Yay SoleJean!

QOTD: What do you wish you had known when you first started the TTC process?

--You know, I wish I knew when I would actually get pregnant. Like, X months and X dollars is what it will take to get another baby. I'm very excited that DP is going to start trying. I just want a baby. But I also would really enjoy being pregnant again. The kicking, the birthing, nursing, leaking, bleeding, barfing. Man. It sounds like a good time. I wish I'd known how many people I would watch bump up, birth, and their kids grow while I wait still. I sounds sad and bitter, I'm not. Smile on my face all this time, because I know DP will be starting to try soon soon soon. Going to try one more time with frozen, when I have steady income again. At least 2 more months. If that doesn't work I think I'll look for a known donor.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#77 of 358 Old 09-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Quick I need help, my obgyn's nurse has never heard of fear....isn't it called something else? Loroletz or something? I may have to sit out this cycle if they can't get it together.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

#78 of 358 Old 09-08-2010, 05:20 PM

Femara? Is also known as Letrozole. I hope that's what you need.

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#79 of 358 Old 09-08-2010, 05:24 PM

Hi Everyone,

Scarlett: Your temps are continuing to look great. How are you feeling?

Seraf: Are you thinking that you and your DP would try at the same time? That could be exciting! Do you have anyone in mind as a possible KD if you decide to switch to that?

Max: You have a lot going on! Will the move be happening right around when you insem? Good luck!

Painefaria: It's exciting that your next insems are coming right up! I hope the the threadkeeper's luck is exactly what your body needed. I'm sorry this has been such a hard year for you.

Gelly: It looks from your chart like you stopped taking the progesterone? How are you feeling? I don't know anything about a drug named Fear, but I hope you're able to figure it out!

AFM: The good news is that my chart looks beautiful--isn't prometrium amazing? The bad news is bfn at 10dpo. I know it isn't over yet. I'll have to wait and see!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#80 of 358 Old 09-08-2010, 06:03 PM

Thanks Solejean and Escher...Letrozole...that is exactly what I was wanting to know...I can't remember that word to save my life and I don't know why.

Fear!!! lol. I wrote in from my phone and it has that darn feature where it changes your words if it doesn't reacognize the word that you are trying to use...so Femara became fear. Go figure.

Thanks again I gotta give her a call back.

#81 of 358 Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Escher-- How funny I was looking at your chart this morning and thinking "Wow, that looks BEAUTIFUL!!" I forgot you were on a P supplement. Hopefully that BFP is just around the corner. You're still early (I know I'm preaching to the choir). I couldnt sleep the second half of the night because I couldn't wait to wake up and temp to see if I had a rise after my little drop yesterday!

Gelly-- Glad you got the info you needed. I can't believe the nurse didn't know Femara! Hoping you still get to have a go at it this cycyle!

PrettyIsa-- I'm enjoying the sheep parade too

Seraf-- Wouldnt it be wonderful if we had that info? If we knew that as long as we persevered exactly blank cycles that we'd have our little peanut? I guess it's more of an exercise in faith than that. I've been watching The Tudors series on Netflix, and keep thinking, "man, it's a good thing I wasn't a Queen of England, I'd have lost my head pretty quickly in my failure to produce a male heir....or any heir for that matter".

Library-- Do you remember how many DPO the "copious amounts of CM" started? Do you think it was secondary to the progesterone? Or the pregnancy?

AFM --I had my first lunch with all of the yoga mom's and babies. Four of us, three three week olds. It was fun and I got a lot of good baby time. There werent even any wrist slitting moments. I kept one of them for a bit while his mommy had a meeting this afternoon and it was such precious time. I kept telling him to put in a good word for me to my uterus. My chart is looking good, and I'm just waiting. Will draw my progesterone in the morning. So far the time is passing quickly, and for that I am grateful.

#82 of 358 Old 09-08-2010, 08:46 PM

Hello everyone~ greetings from the rainy heart of Tropical Storm Hermine! Hope everyone is having a lovely day.

Seraf~ I like your answer to the QOTD. If I could just have known that it WOULD happen, it would have been easier when it didn't happen.

Escher~ Glad you're feeling so good. 10 dpo is nothing~ glad the temps are good too!

Gelly~ Good luck with the Femara. I always found it made my positive opks very clear and reliable. Hope it's good to you too!

Scarlett~ What a tough situation~ I'm glad you came through and even found positives. Hang in there, sistah!! And I'm sure the babies all have some sort of positive pheromone that will do the trick. My copious cm started day 12, the worst day of what I'm now betting were implantation cramps. Let us know how it's going.

AFM~ Appointment with the RE this morning and got to see the baby again and everything was very good. 2.05 cm long, spontaneous movement, two arms two legs clearly visible, good heartbeat. The doc said we've 'graduated' and don't have to come see him again until we bring the baby for a visit. We have an appointment with the midwife on the 27th. Hoping everything continues to move this smoothly. Thanks as always for your kind supportive awesomeness!!!

#83 of 358 Old 09-08-2010, 10:35 PM

Need somewhere to share....thought this would be a good place! I just asked KD about TTC a sibling for DD....eek! I'm very nervous and really have no idea what his answer will be!!!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#84 of 358 Old 09-09-2010, 12:33 AM

Well AF showed up this afternoon with a vingance...seriously. She went from nothing to gushing with in 2 hrs.

I also heard from my OBGYN and she does not write perscriptions for femara, only for clomid. Now what?!?

Escher
, Scarlett how is the tww treating you?

Welcome Carmen!!

#85 of 358 Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 AM

Oh. Emm. Gee.

Remember our plumbing issues from the last week?

We came home to a completely flooded house tonight. Ankle deep. Holy. Moly. BUT just as I was about to try and drown myself in the flooded bathroom, I remembered this blog entry I read a couple of weeks ago. Check it out.

http://thefeministbreeder.com/floods...he-connection/

#86 of 358 Old 09-09-2010, 07:03 AM

Scarlett: I'm sorry about the flooding (what a pain!), but I hope that's great news for a little one implanting firmly inside you!

Gelly: I'm sorry. What a pain. Why doesn't your doc prescribe femara? Are you willing to take clomid?

Carmen: Eek! How exciting! This is the KD who helped with your DD? I hope he says yes! When are you thinking about starting to TTC#2?

Library: Hooray for a good appointment!

AFM: I'm feeling ridiculously discouraged about my bfn this morning (11dpo) because last time when I was pregnant we got the first bfp the evening of 10dpo. I know theoretically this little bean could have implanted later or something like that, but it seems unlikely.

#87 of 358 Old 09-09-2010, 08:41 AM

scarlett, ugh!!!! so sorry about your flooding issues but i do really hope it means you're going to see a bfp in a few days.

gelly, hugs. sorry that af arrived and sorry that your doc doesn't do femara. what is your plan for the next try?

carmen!!! how exciting. let us know what he says. when are you thinking of trying again? dp is still nursing enough that her cycles haven't started again...she had some pink spotting last week that didn't amount to anything but it may be a sign that her body is trying to get back on track. we plan on tracking her cycles once af does arrive but won't ttc #3 until may or june of 2011.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#88 of 358 Old 09-09-2010, 08:47 AM

Escher~ Sorry about the bfn, , but it is still early. You could have a late implanter in there. Fingers crossed for ya!

Oh...I have been on clomid and this last time I had NO...and I mean NONE, Cervical Mucus. My last period was also only 4 days when it is usually 7. I think that the clomid is having some negative effects on me getting a bfp...the whole lack of mucus and I think that my uteran lining is getting thin, but since I have not been u/s monitored I don't know for sure about the lining. AND since my insurance informed me that even though Illinois has a law regarding infertility treatments...I am not covered no matter how many IUI's or ICI's that I do because I am not having unprotected sex with a man they do not count. Lovely...isn't it?!?

Anyway, since I don't know what is going on with the clomid other than what I can outwardly observe I thought that I would give femara a try, but that too looks like a bust.

#89 of 358 Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM

Gelly, sperm inside you is basically the same thing as unprotected sex with a man, right? I mean, what more do they want? You could easily be having unprotected sex with a man and be in the same boat. Well timed or not.

Scarlet, I've been meaning to ask you about that picture, I like it. Sorry about the floods. That sounds awful.

Escher, we would be trying at the same time. It could be very fun or very trying, or maybe kind of like a race. I don't know. We just want a baby. I don't have a known donor in mind, I am going to try one more time with the frozen donor because he has DPs dark hair and light eyes. If that doesn't work out, I'll ask friends in different cities if they know anyone who would be interested. I don't want to use a local donor because this is a small town (well, a series of small towns). Someone farther away would be better. I have certain wants and lots of queer friends with untraditional families, who know exactly what I'm looking for. I'm sure if I put the word out talks could begin pretty quickly with a number of possible fellows.

So, IUIs, how are they done? You get the cath, put it on the syringe, suck up the goods, thread it into the cervix? How far? Inject? What am I missing? How do you time it when you go for the tripple? At the LH+ and every 24 hours after?

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#90 of 358 Old 09-09-2010, 10:17 AM

Good morning~ The rains have stopped, yay! I love the rain, but it was starting to flood, so that's no good.

Carmen~ How very exciting! I can't imagine asking someone that question, so you're braver than I for sure.

Scarlett~ WTF!!!! UGH!!! But yes, surely this is a good omen. Wise woman say: you must wade through a river of sh!t to get to your bfp.

Escher~ I know it's hard, but it's still really early. Don't let yourself get discouraged yet! I didn't do the implantation thing til day 12. Maybe it's happening even as we speak.

Gelly~ Uncooperative doctors are the worst. Don't they understand how crucial this is and how they have the power to help us? Is changing docs a possibility? Online Canadian pharmacy? They're not just for Viagra and Adderall anymore...

Seraf~ I was only ever insemenated by my doctor, I'm afraid I"m going to have to bow to the other ladies' experience on this one. My fingers are crossed for you!

No news here~ still enjoying the good news from yesterday. xoxox

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page