Queer Conceptions - September - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 10:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Escher-- Dangit!!! Stupid AF. I'm so so sorry! I wanted this to be your month! Maybe the next egg is the magic one, keep your chin up. Hoping you can have a few days rest before jumping back on the roller coaster.

Gelly-- Oh I HOPE everything lines out for you to be able to have a go at it this cycle! Good luck with the attorney etc. I think going ahead naturally this month with fresh is a fine idea! You can always have the femara as a back up next month!

Max- I can't tell you how many times I've told myself "It only takes one, one egg, one sperm, just one"! I bet that big ole follie is gonna be jackpot baby!!! Glad the planning part of your cycle is over and now you can join me in the sheep parade portion of our cycle.

Wehrli--Thanks for still checking in on us!! How are *you* feeling?

AFM-- I woke up cramping, but no AF (which never happens) and a super high temp. I tested BFN, but if AF doesn't show with all of these cramps, I'll be cautiously optimistic. Will test again tomorrow.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#122 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

OH escher . I am so sorry. I was pulling for you
MAX - I am excited to hear how thing go and your DP is right, you only need one egg
Scarlett - sorry to hear about your bunny. Losing a pet is hard . and by the way your chart looks really pretty
Wherli - I love to see that moving along
Gelly - How exciting to be starting again here's to easy sailing with the legal/ medical stuff.
AFM - Well I ovulated a day early. I was walking down to pick up the "sample" and I had ovulation pain and my temp spiked this morning. So we got O-2, O-1 and O I am not to upset about the timing.
Funny things keep happening, KD's mother called him and stated that she had a dream that I was pregnant, she doesn't know that we are trying again. KD's wife had a dream that I had a homebirth with TWIN BOYS and we named them Ikea and Jude , and we ran into our OB at the ice cream parlor on Friday night (on the way home to insem for the first time this cycle). So I am hoping all of these odd things put together equals a BFP! We will see. One day down 11 more to go

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#123 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 10:55 AM

Good Monday morning ladies. Well, 'good' morning, I guess. I'm very sleepy~ I sleep like a log until 3:30 a.m. and then I wake up and only sometimes kinda get back to sleep, which makes for a long, tiring day. It's sad that it's not yet 9 and I'm already looking forward to my nap.

Escher~ I'm so sorry about AF, but I am LOVING your limerick! You should post that on many boards, I'll bet you'd become a TTC phenomenon for sure.

Gelly~ A cycle without meds can still work. Maybe this will be it, in one of those weird contrary moments. Everything will be crossed for you.

Max~ YAY for giant follies! One is all it takes, for sure. Just get them swimmers in there and make them do their job!!

Wehrli~ I have to say, your u/s pic is classic. It almost looks like an illustration or something. That is MOST CERTAINLY a baby!

Scarlett~ YES YES YES to cramps but no af!!!!! I think it's GOOD news. Now be on the look out for crazy amounts of lotiony cm and then that BFP!

Panefaria~ I think all the dreams and all the swimmers are definitely a good sign. Though I'm not really sure that Ikea's a good name for a kid. Though he would be a lesbian's kid, so it might make sense.

No news here. My boobs hurt. That is all xoxoxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#124 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 12:23 PM

Max Good luck with the IUI today!

Painefaria O-2, O-1, and O is awesome! Hope this does the trick.

Scarlett Ooh--I'm so hopeful for you--cramping and no AF is great! Just a few more days, hopefully, until that BFP.

Escher s You have a great sense of humor, though, which must help a lot.

Library Hi!

AmandaMom When are you going to try again? Are you lurking?

Gelly Great news about KD! Onward and upward (or something).

AFM At only cd11, I had 14, 15, and 19mm follies this morning! Man, Clomid really kicks my ovaries' butts (so to speak ). I was hoping to do the IUIs at the end of the week or the weekend, but it looks like it will be mid-week, either Wed and Thurs or Thurs and Fri. I'll see what the doc says when he gets back to me later today. Despite the ttc funk I've been in, it is hard not to get optimistic again, so I'm trying to embrace it. Maybe this will be the cycle!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#125 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Though I'm not really sure that Ikea's a good name for a kid. Though he would be a lesbian's kid, so it might make sense.
I know that is what I thought

Ahope - sounds like things look great. I am hoping for LOTS of veggie parades around here in a few weeks.

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#126 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 02:23 PM

AmandaH~ Hi right back! I like the sound of your follies, and agree you should start mid-later in the week. How many insems are you going to do? And yeah, where's AMom? I wonder if she's off gallivanting around Ireland on her honeymoon. Lucky duck!!!

Just ate lunch, time for my nap. I wish!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#127 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 05:57 PM

Update: they want me to trigger at 9pm tomorrow and do IUIs at 9am on Wednesday and Thursday. So they do IUIs at 12 and 36 hours post-trigger. The weird thing is that this morning, I noticed flashing in my peripheral vision; it was really distracting and gave me a headache. I then remembered that Clomid can produce visual disturbances and that you are supposed to contact a physician in that case...so I did, but my NP says that since I took my last Clomid on Sat. night, the visual disturbances are probably unrelated to the Clomid. This seems unlikely to me, given that I never have these sorts of things and rarely get headaches. But a few ibuprofin did the trick, more or less--I still feel shaky and odd. But I'll try to rest up a bit tonight and work from home tomorrow, so here's hoping it was a fluke. Ugh. I'm trying to get excited about the insems, but it isn't so easy this time around. I'm just feeling worn out. Thanks for letting me vent a bit! You all are awesome listeners/readers/supporters.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#128 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 08:07 PM

Miss Scarlett ! That chart looks mighty good ! I would be very surprised if this wasnt your BFP cycle ! Oh and sorry about you bunny... :-(

Painefaria : That sounds like great timing and great omens too ! Hoping your TWW goes by way fast and ends in a veggie parade !

AmandaHope : Here is to happy insems ! Hope you feel better soon too !

Escher : I'm sorry about AF... but grrrl, you sure made me laugh with your poem ! Keep the spirit !

MaxK : Hope that this IUI did the trick

I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and reading every day

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#129 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
Update: they want me to trigger at 9pm tomorrow and do IUIs at 9am on Wednesday and Thursday. So they do IUIs at 12 and 36 hours post-trigger. The weird thing is that this morning, I noticed flashing in my peripheral vision; it was really distracting and gave me a headache. I then remembered that Clomid can produce visual disturbances and that you are supposed to contact a physician in that case...so I did, but my NP says that since I took my last Clomid on Sat. night, the visual disturbances are probably unrelated to the Clomid. This seems unlikely to me, given that I never have these sorts of things and rarely get headaches. But a few ibuprofin did the trick, more or less--I still feel shaky and odd. But I'll try to rest up a bit tonight and work from home tomorrow, so here's hoping it was a fluke. Ugh. I'm trying to get excited about the insems, but it isn't so easy this time around. I'm just feeling worn out. Thanks for letting me vent a bit! You all are awesome listeners/readers/supporters.
re: vision disturbances
i had those a few times after taking clomid... not every cycle and not necessarily with any rhyme or reason to which cycle. i never contacted the doc about it tho, just cause i'm like that (i know, shame on me). the vision problem always was gone after O so i wasn't too worried. i'm sorry you aren't really feeling it this month, but i'm still very excited that you could be that much closer to your BFP!!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#130 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 09:55 PM

Painefaria- Good luck, it sounds like your timing was perfect.

Scarlett- Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Library- Have you had much morning sickness at all? It’s the one thing I really worry about.

AmandaHope-
I’m sure it is the cycle! I like your plan of 2 IUIs and just keep an “eye” on that visual disturbance. I tried Clomid once and drinking a glass of wine made my headache go away. Just saying… Keeping fingers crossed for you and this is for the upcoming insem

AFM- Hand my first office IUI today and it went very well. It was so fast and painless. It really took the Dr. about five minutes and the whole thing was done. We are excitedly keeping our fingers crossed for the next 13 days or so. Also, after thaw they told us the sperm counts were very high!

Oh! I watched The Great Sperm Race on youtube. Thanks to everyone that recommended it. It was fascinating.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#131 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 11:20 PM

AmandaH~ I like that plan. I was always hoping we could do multiple insems, so yay for you actually able to do it. I think you're on the right track. The visual problems seems concerning, but I'll bet you could progress without too much trouble.

Coco~ How are the little 'uns? How's your DP? Can she get out of bed yet?

#132 of 358 Old 09-13-2010, 11:22 PM

Ooop~ posted too soon!

Max~ Fingers crossed for you! It's amazing how fast it happens at the doc~ like no time at all. SO glad you liked Great Sperm Race~ it was really eye-opening! And kinda funny too. The Leukocyte Zombies were my favorite. And no, I've had very little nausea. Occasional upset stomach, but no actual barf. I've had a lot of heartburn, though, and GAS like crazy

Scarlett~ How's it going? I have a good feeling for you this time xo

#133 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 03:10 AM

max: Glad the insem went well for you.

AHope: Happy trigger day! Hope that the weirdness doesn't happen again...

painefaria: I think Ikea and Jude sound fabulous And I also think that your timing sounds great.

Scarlett: I'm sorry about your bunny...losing pets is awful. But cautiously optimistic sounds like a plan...your chart looks great.

escher: I think that might be the best AF announcement ever...but anyway

gelly: Congrats on the good KD news!

solejean: My apologies for the belated veggie parade...but that just means you get to be happy all over again, right?!?

(We'll throw in a sheep for good measure!)

seraf: I agree, the number aspect is always disheartening. But...it somehow manages to work, so I say poo on the numbers.

I'm glad all you pregnant folk are still here cheering us on!

AFM: Sorry I've been gone...this semester at school is kicking my butt and I'm thinking full time at work and at school may not have been the best idea. BUT I've got straight A's for this entire degree so far and I refuse to let that slip. So far, so good, and I'll be done in December. On the TTC front: the swim team arrives tomorrow, two vials this month. No OPK+ yet, which is absolutely fine with me--I'm only CD11 (well, CD12 now, it's late), so it's a bit early, but I wanted to be sure I didn't miss it since I've O'd on CD12 before. Hopefully this will be the month...

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#134 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 AM

Well, it looks like cautiously optimistic was the wrong attitude. I had the biggest freaking temp drop ever today. I cannot believe it, I really, really thought this was going to be it.

#135 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 10:16 AM

Scarlett~ UGH!! But I still am not giving up. See what it is tomorrow before you start with the rainclouds. xoxoxoxo It sure is a cruel way to start the morning, though.

Chiquita~ Good to see you again, but lordy, I can sure see why you're so busy! You're very brave and tough. Keep up the good work! And yay for the swim team~ very excited and optimistic for you.

Not much news on this end. Had the worst gas attack I've had maybe ever in my life. I offered to go sleep in the guest room, but DP said it was okay since we still have the bedroom windows open. Lordy!! Other than that, it's just humming along. According to our book, The li'l bean is the size of a kalamata olive and almost looks human. Woohoo!

#136 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 11:33 AM

max: Sounds like a great IUI.

AHope: Good luck with the IUIs.

painefaria: Your timing sounds great.

Scarlett: The cycle I got my BFP with DS I had a huge temp drop below the coverline on CD 11 so I think you've still got a shot.

escher: Sorry about AF, but you have a great attitude.

gelly: Congratulations on the KD.

chiquitayy: Thank you for the wonderful veggie parade and of course, the sheep. It sounds like you are one busy woman. I remember going to school full time and working part time and that was tough enough.

seraf: I think the numbers are just averages - they sound terrible, but women manage to get pregnant so I wouldn't put much stock in the numbers. I do think, however, that the swimmers numbers are important - the better those are the better your chances.

Library: Your DP is very understanding. I'm starting to have a little bit of that myself. I have my appointment for my ultrasound - September 30th when I will be exactly 7 weeks pregnant. I am so excited!

Number # 2 due 5/19/2011.
#137 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Gelly—Oh, good! I’m glad that helped. And I’m thrilled to hear about your KD! Good to be moving forward!

Scarlett—Sorry about the bunny. It’s one of those things that no one really treats as a big deal, but of course it is really just as bad as losing any other friend would be.
Oh, and really sorry to hear about the temp drop. But it’s not over til it’s over, right? One more sheep and hopefully good news instead of bad!

Painefaria—Jude is a great name! Ikea, um, maybe not so much. All of those dreams must be prophetic, right?

Amandahope—Sorry to hear about the headaches and weird eye things. Hopefully it was just a fluke.

Max—yay! Fingers crossed for you!

AFM—things move slow around here. But yesterday we bought our first vials! They’ll be keeping them on ice for us until we’re ready to use them. Glad we bought early, too—apparently our first choice is out right now and not being released again until the middle of next month. So I suppose it’s serendipitous that I have to wait until then to get started anyway!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#138 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 02:12 PM

Hi all: Totally new member. Tripped across your board doing some research last night.

A little about me and my journey. Six months into TTC. Me: 38, DP: 46. Have had 5 IUIs with frozen sperm and 1 at home insem with frozen. No known fertility issues. Regularly and consistently ovulate. Have done one cycle with Femara (that produced no additional mature follies). Am working with my insurance company's OB/GYN Fertility clinic but are not particularly happy with them. Am moving to free, fresh sperm next month and basically throwing a whole bunch of sperm at it by doing two at home insems and one IUI. It's already been a long and tough journey.

I'm trying to figure next steps which is why I am here. I am really trying to pinpoint my issue and I think it has everything to do with timing and not a lot to do with me, or even my age. I think the timing has been off from the start but my clinic is not willing to accept that possibility and/or do anything to help confirm it. We do have a consult with an IVF clinic next month as that really would be the next step. Also considering injectibles one time before going to IVF but haven't decided yet.

I look forward to learning all your stories (I've read this month's thread through and through) and getting to know you better!

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#139 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 02:36 PM

Scarlett: It isn't over yet, and I still have everything crossed that you'll have a big temp rise tomorrow, but I still know that must feel bad.

Krista: Welcome! I'm glad you found us. Have you read Brill's book? It has lots of information on timing that I found useful.

Prettyisa: Hooray for buying vials!

Solejean: Not too long until your ultrasound. How exciting!

Library: When do you think you'll say you're excited instead of just cautiously excited?

Chiquitayy: I'm sorry school is hard right now. It's exciting that you're so close to being done! And hooray for the swimmers arriving! Are you doing IUIs again this month?

Max: I'm so glad that the IUI went smoothly and that the counts were high. How exciting!

AmandaHope: I'm sorry about the flashing. That sounds very unpleasant. Some months it is hard to get excited, I think. Hopefully the insems themselves will feel hopeful.

Painefaria: It sounds like your timing was great! Running into your OB and your KD's mom's dream both sound like good signs.

AFM: I'm in the normal post-failed-cycle gloom stage (what am I doing wrong, will we ever have a baby, if I hadn't had a miscarriage I would be almost halfway through the pregnancy by now, this sucks and I hate it, etc, etc, boring, boring, boring), but I'm sure it won't last forever. We ordered the next round of spermies. We're doing three IUIs this cycle.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#140 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 02:50 PM

Krista~ WELCOME!!! This is an excellent board~ very friendly and supportive if occasionally goofy (Scarlett and your sheep, I"m looking at you...) I agree that you should try Brill's book, it's got plenty of advice about how to read your body signs. I assume you've been temping and charting, etc, so that might just be the extra info you need. I'm sure the move to fresh swimmers will help too. The more the merrier! Also good is the documentary 'The Great Sperm Race' which you can see in chunks on YouTube~ it really highlights what a difficult process this normal ocurrence is. Glad to have you!

Escher~ HA! It's true I've been cautiously excited for a while, I just don't want to jinx anything! Maybe I'll move to a ticker... I'm sorry you're feeling so gloomy~ there's no worse feeling.

Isa~ Yay for swimmers, but sorry about your first choice. We were just looking at info about our guy and he's no longer available! Guess we got lucky just at the right time...

Solejean~ That is WONDERFUL news, I can't wait to hear about it, and about everything else as it moves along (even your gas...)

#141 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 02:59 PM

Okay~ one of you gals who has the cool countdown ticker, would you show me where/how to get it?

#142 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 06:35 PM

kgulbransen- Welcome! I am the same age as you and to the point of considering IVF as well. I would also suggest Brill’s book. Have you had any blood tests for your hormone levels? I really wish I had access to fresh sperm. I think you are very lucky to have access; I would try that for a good long while and maybe have some blood drawn cycle day 3.

Escher- Hugs I am really sorry to hear that you are so down. I get like that at the end of every cycle. It sounds like three IUIs are great though! How amazing. Try to keep your chin up.

Library- I’ll keep my nose open for any signs of unfortunate gas! It could be a good sign.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#143 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 PM

Max: it wasn't until this board that I heard of Brill's book. I think I might of skimmed it in the sperm donor bank library but I was mostly depending on Take Charge of Your Fertility which I know is hetero focused. So, I ordered the Brill book today to arrive in two days! Look forward to devouring it.

Yes, I have had all the appropriate tests more than once and everything comes back exceptionally well (which is why I'm really focused on timing and use of fresh sperm vs. frozen sperm at this point). The only thing that's gone a little haywire is my uterine lining in my last cycle. Normally it's around 13mm but this time it was 6.8. Although this is an unusual side affect of Femara, it appears to have affected me as this was the first cycle I used Femara/Letrozole.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#144 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 PM

Krista-- WELCOME! I think you'll find this board is full of good, educated advice and solid support. I think our main issue has been timing as well, hoping you get a clear picture of what is best for your cycle. Happy to have you here, but hoping your stay is short.

Max-- YAY! 1 day down! nom nom for pineapple. Looking forward to obsessing with you on your 2WW

Escher--I'm afraid Im going to be in that gloomy AF boat with you tomorrow, we should print your poem on flyers for AFers....

Prettyisa-- Thanks for the condolences. It's been hard on us, and on my old woman bunny, she misses her bunny buddy.

Solejean-- I am DESPERATE for a higher temp tomorrow. Hoping I have the same luck you did with your DS.

AFM Cramps, no AF yet, BB's not as sore. Gloomy, mad, disappointed, blah, blah, blah. Not sure what it's gonna take to make this work, but obviously I'm not doing what ever it is. I'll ovulate while we are out to town next cycle, so I'm dealing with the thought of having to take next cycle off too. I just *really* thought this was it....

I'm also in the middle of a really awkward situation that I put myself in, and it completely blew up in my face this morning. A friend didn't know my orientation, and tried to set me up with her male friend. It's a huge mess now, and to make matters worse I was trying to tell another friend the story over text message and sent it to the set up friend instead. Mortifying. I hope tomorrow starts a whole heck of a lot better than today did, but I'm not holding my breath.

#145 of 358 Old 09-14-2010, 11:16 PM

Hi all,

Still lurking and keeping for all of you! I'm too hopelessly behind to do personals, but I'm rooting for everyone and looking forward to having you all liven up the Q&P thread sometime soon!

Krista: Welcome! I hope your stay is short and sweet, especially since this crowd is full of fertility and timing experts.

Library: You have to make your own ticker manually, by editing your signature and then moving your smilie along week by week. You can cut and paste mine (or anyone else's) for a template, and then adjust it. Maybe by adding some sheep as a tribute to Scarlett?

AFM: U/S yesterday, and there's a fetus in there! Details are on Q&P, but everything looked good.

Sending love and fertile vibes your way...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#146 of 358 Old 09-15-2010, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by escher12 View Post
AFM: I'm in the normal post-failed-cycle gloom stage (what am I doing wrong, will we ever have a baby, if I hadn't had a miscarriage I would be almost halfway through the pregnancy by now, this sucks and I hate it, etc, etc, boring, boring, boring), but I'm sure it won't last forever. We ordered the next round of spermies. We're doing three IUIs this cycle.
Escher - I hear you with this. It is the hardest times that I have had in my life and getting reminded by dates and etc really doesn't make it any easier. but time does and having a project (insemming) also helps. Please remember YOU CAN GET PREGNANT! maybe it wasn't the right time but your body knows how to do it. It is so hard not to get wrapped up in all of this drama while TTC... Maybe we will have our sticky pregnancies this month you never know. Sarah

#147 of 358 Old 09-15-2010, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

kgulbransen - would you like to be added to the front page? If so where and do you have a chart that you would like to add?

#148 of 358 Old 09-15-2010, 10:21 AM

Good morning everyone~ We had curriculum night at school last night (as exciting as it sounds) and so it was a 12 hour day for me and I'm a zombie this morning apologies if I'm completely incoherent.

Beastie~ Thanks for the ticker tip. It's a shame we can't use ones from other sites. I found a really snazzy one that shows you the size of the baby in comparison to various fruits and veggies, but it's always rejected by this site as being 'too long'. Whatevs!! SO HAPPY about your u/s!!! I'll even have to go check out the Q&P board (which is never as exciting as you ladies...)

Scarlett~ What was your temp this morning? I still have a good feeling for you. I'm VERY SORRY about the work weirdness, that's a situation like nothing else. Hope it works out without too much ignunce.

Max~ Yay for pineapple! It's so nice that one of the things we can do involves pleasantries like pineapple eating, rather than pills and shots.

Krista~ Do stick around, we're a pretty swell bunch. As you can tell, I can't seem to leave!!

#149 of 358 Old 09-15-2010, 12:14 PM

Escher, I want to join Painefaria on this one. The milestones are super hard, but you WILL get pregnant. And it does get easier. Because we took a long break and waited to get back on the academic schedule, we ended up conceiving in the same week as our original due date. It was difficult, but it worked! Sending you love in this touch time...

Joyful, busy, often overwhelmed queer academic mama to an awesome toddler and:

****5****10****15****20****25**heartbeat.gif*30****35****40

#150 of 358 Old 09-15-2010, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I have more insurance news for anyone in IL (I think this is the last one, but it's too good not to share, in case it's helpful!).

Today I came clean to the nurse at BCBSIL who does the pre-approval for fertility treatments. Her name is Julie, and she is SO nice. Anyway, she seemed confused that the dr hadn't ordered any ultrasounds for an infertility workup, so I told her that I have a wife, not a husband.

Which alleviated her confusion, and also made everything better! Apparently the rules for lesbian infertility changed in March in IL generally, and specifically at BCBS--they decided that 12 months is a lot of dr-supervised IUIs to pay for out of pocket. So she said that after 3 months, with a mid-luteal progesterone check, I can call back and see about coverage for fertility treatments.

I hope that's helpful to someone! And also, if you're in Chicago Howard Brown is doing a pilot program with 1/2 price IUIs.

Library--that is too bad about the veggies! That was my favorite part of my good friend's pregnancy blog! She's a turnip! No, now she's a rutebega!

Scarlett--ugh. At least you know you're the kind of person that people want their friends to date! Hopefully it'll blow over soon!

She's here!
And so are the boys!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page