queer family conference in Philly - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-14-2010, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In case anyone nearby is interested: http://www.phillyfamilypride.org/con...ers-conference

It looks great, is totally affordable, and has workshops geared towards established families, new families and couples planning to ttc. we'll be there so let me know if you plan to attend so we can look for each other.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#2 of 7 Old 09-14-2010, 10:48 PM

Oh no! We have a wedding back in Rhode Island that weekend! Bummer. I would have loved to go.

PF, are you guys in Philly now? If so, we should totally have a play date sometime. We're in DC, but my mom lives in Delaware, so we're in the area pretty regularly.

Enjoy the conference!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#3 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 12:30 AM

Wow, thanks for the info! I am just a few miles from Philly, and may go. Part of me wants to go and just be around the community of queer parents! My only concern is that childcare is for kids 3+. Noah will be 3 a few days after the conference...do you think they'll check ID? He also naps in the afternoon, but would love to go to the dance. Will have to think about my options! Very cool, thanks for sharing!
If anyone else is planning to go, let me know and maybe we can meet up.

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)
#4 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 09:12 AM

Man, I'd love to! I've esp. been meaning to try to meet up w/ some of y'all IRL. Lol.

Buuuuuut, considering it's about two weeks on the nose after my due date, I don't think we'll be in attendance this year. Looks like they have some other cool events, though!

gamitzer - too bad it's the dad's group and not the mom's group that's meeting in Collingswood!

Part hippie-chick, part type-A career woman, all mama. Enjoying life as a wife to my partner of 11 years, and a mama to our smarty-pants toddler, Cadence.

#5 of 7 Old 09-20-2010, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Angela - i would love that. I'll write you a note

gamitzer - i'm sure a few days won't matter!

Lyndzies - You are so close! once baby is here and life has settled some we'll have to get together.

Still madly in stillheart.gif with jb after 10 years and chasing after my precocious toddler jog.gif    

***joy.gif***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***40    computergeek2.gif westphillymama.com

#6 of 7 Old 09-26-2010, 09:28 PM

This sounds great! Especially since it's basically right down the street from me and definitely around the corner from my office.

Unfortunately, that is a busy day for us. DW has class in the AM, then we have to present at a Lesbian Forum on Financial and Real Estate issues and then a wedding reception.

If anyone is going, have a great time and fill us in on how it was!

Madly in love w/DW by the same name, mourning the baby girl we lost and expecting another baby in December 2010!
#7 of 7 Old 10-11-2010, 03:46 PM

Hey guys, my MIL is taking Noah for the day so I can attend the conference in peace! I'll let you know how it goes.
-Meredith

Mama (non-bio) to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifmy little man (6), and mama (bio) to babyboy.gif my tiny man (2/14)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page