Where To Buy IUI Cath & Syringe - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-17-2010, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The place we usually purchase our IUI cath and syringe no longer offers the option to buy online. Can anyone, who does at home IUI's, share where you purchase your supplies? Thanks!!!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#2 of 5 Old 09-18-2010, 03:26 AM

We bought ours from the office of the midwives that we plan on using. They didn't sell many to patients so they basically just sold them to us at cost. They made up a little packet of everything we needed, not just the IUI catheters. It's been a while so I forget how much they were though!

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#3 of 5 Old 09-18-2010, 09:12 PM

http://www.zdlinc.biz/ProductCart/pc...?idCategory=10

This is where we got ours. I'm not sure if you can buy in small quantities for some of the items though. Perhaps you could find a couple of families who wanted to go in a box of catheters? That's what we did.

Also, I don't know what you're using, but my ex was a vet, and laughed her head off when she saw the fancy tomcat catheters I had been ordering online (for $$$). Turns out, there are the exact same tomcat catheters vets use to, well, unblock tomcats. So, if you know someone who works at a vets office, you could try to snag/buy some that way. I think the time I got pregnant was actually with one from her office.

Good luck!

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#4 of 5 Old 09-18-2010, 10:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. That's the exact same place where I've been buying them, but they're out and probably won't have any for a few months. I placed an order, and when I didn't receive it two weeks later, I called the clinic, and that's what they told me.

Interesting about the vet thing. . I'll have to make a few calls about that one.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#5 of 5 Old 09-18-2010, 11:03 PM

Oh, how frustrating! Friends of ours used a different type of catheter from their site (can't remember which one, one of the firmer ones), and really liked it. I think they're more expensive, but they were really happy with it.

I totally feel your pain on this. If I had any extras lying around still, I'd totally send them your way!

(Oh, speaking of which, maybe try posting on the birth professionals forum? Maybe there's a midwife or two there with some extras...)

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page