Queer Conceptions - October - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 317 Old 10-05-2010, 08:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
omg! so many replies to make!

escher12 ~ 2ww is uneventful. not really seeing a babe at the end of it, but that's alright. sending good thoughts your way! i do hope you get a nice, solid line!

starling&diesel ~ good ju-ju? i think so!

AmandaHope ~ i'm so glad that the donor sounds so perfect! i hope his numbers/track record match it. visual side effects? oh dear.

prettyisa ~ i guess we'll do the whole donor thing. it's a bummer since it'll actually cost money. haha. and my partner really wanted to use someone that she knew. (she's got all the guys friends.) we'll just roll with the punches.
sorry, i don't know anything about fsa's. but i do hope that it all works out for you.

now i don't remember what i was going to put about me. ha! oh well. i have about 10 more days to wait for my period. humdoodeeda . . .

~ alison
me and my girl looking for a little luck to conceive and homebirth our first.
#62 of 317 Old 10-05-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgulbransen View Post
Question: how many of you have been monitored through a natural cycle (i.e. you didn't take Clomid, Femara or any injectable other than a trigger shot) with blood work and u/s daily? Did it work to help pinpoint your ovulation? Was it something your doctor's office normally does or did you have to push for it?

Krista
Hi, Krista. I did this once. The doc's office was willing to do it but rarely does, clearly. They seemed surprised that I was reticent about Clomid but went along with it, anyway. It definitely did work to pinpoint ovulation. They saw mature follicles, triggered, and I did a home (fresh through the mail) insemination that month. I didn't do daily u/s--only twice--on day 11 and 13, I think, and I triggered later on day 13. If you are inclined to try it, I say to go for it! Your doc might think you are strange, but that's ok. Not all of us want the maximum intervention, especially when we're starting new approaches.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#63 of 317 Old 10-05-2010, 11:18 PM

Escher - I am sooooooo stalking you too!!! I am with Max on this one - a line is a line.

kgul- I did the whole natural cycle for many months. Primarily, because my doctor wasn't willing to participate beyond anything other than an IUI - no meds, no u/s, nothing! The other part of that is that I've always been fairly fortunate as to know when I'll ovulate. I know that sounds somewhat unrealisitc, but it's true. Here's the tmi part....I have text book cm patterns for O'ing. When we moved to Memphis and found our new doc, I did natural cycle for three months. (I had a HSG and laprascopy, and my new doc made me wait 3 cycles before she'd try IUI, meds, etc.) I'd still go in and see her each month around my O time. I'd pretty much tell her what day I was doing to O, and twice she confirmed via my lab tests and u/s. I am now starting my third month on meds - 2 months of clomid, which thinned my uterus too much, and am on my first month of femara. On clomid, I had a tough time figuring out the O based on my cm. I also use O test strips and Clear Blue Easy O predictor, neither of which I necessarily trust 100%.

AFM - I took the time last night to actually sit down and figure out when I'd like O this month....the second day of our vacation! We're taking DS to Disney over his fall break, and sure enough, that's likely when I'll O. We're not opposed to doing at home insems as we've done these several times before, but I really wanted to be insem at the doc's office atleast once this month. I'll have another u/s on cd12 this month, which should be next Tuesday. I tend to O on cd17/18, which means we'll be in Orlando with DP's family - her mom, sister, bro-in-law and our 3 children. DP's sis is ALL about us TTC, and I love her dearly. I DO NOT want her to know we'll be doing the insems while we're there. (Luckily, we have a 6 bedroom house.) When I told DP about the timing, she said, 'oh Jenny will LOVE that she'll get to be part of this.' If only you guys could see the pop-up video that I have in my head at the thought of this!

Hope everyone has a happy hump day!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#64 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 01:11 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxK View Post

starling&diesel- Do you know when your IVF cycle will start? I think mine will begin in a few weeks.
I don't know, actually. I can't believe how much of the process I've blocked out. I asked DP today if she remembered the steps leading up to the embryo transfer last time, and she can't either. I think our fertility-obsessing slate was wiped clean when DD came along. If I recall correctly, I didn't have to do much in advance, except notify the clinic when it was time to come in to check the uterine lining. And I think I did progesterone leading up to it too, but for how long, I can't remember. What I do remember and WOULD LOVE TO FORGET is the 3 friggin' progesterone suppositories that I had to put up my twat 3 times a day for the ENTIRE FIRST TRIMESTER.
So gross.
So, so gross.
Leaking, spoogy, blechness.
Totally killed us in the bedroom too.
NOT looking forward to that this time around.

If we can, we'll try in December, I think.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#65 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 08:22 AM

I promise to respond to everyone soon (thank you for all your good wishes), but I wanted to let you know that I don't have any news. Another light line this morning (within 3 minutes, but I don't think it is any darker than the line I had on Monday), but I'm bleeding a little bit. So my guess is it is a no, but I'm not sure yet.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#66 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 08:42 AM

escher12- I have everything crossed for you!!! What brand are you using? I highly recommend FRER, much more sensitive.

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#67 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escher12 View Post
I promise to respond to everyone soon (thank you for all your good wishes), but I wanted to let you know that I don't have any news. Another light line this morning (within 3 minutes, but I don't think it is any darker than the line I had on Monday), but I'm bleeding a little bit. So my guess is it is a no, but I'm not sure yet.
stick to the pole little bean!!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#68 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Escher- Good luck! Fingers crossed for you!!!!

As for the Metformin, I have read numerous studies on the effects of unstable blood sugar and conception. AFM when my blood sugar is out of whack is makes my luteal phase super short (like 5-6 days). I control my diabetes very well with diet, I am in no way overweight so 6 months ago I decided to stop taking my Metformin to see if I could be drug free! Within 2 months my cycle dropped to 16 days! I had a full period every 16 days. It has taken me 4 months on Metformin ( and B6) to get my cycles to 24 days. So I don't know about anyone else but Metformin helps to keep my cycles regular and lengthen my LP. I think it is all about the Progesterone.

As for BioTranz. My donor used this to ship the fresh sperm for our last cycle, it is a little pricey but A LOT cheaper than frozen! I was expecting this high tech device and ended up with a test tube filled with the goods attatched to a cold pack. It is a joke between DP and myself. I will never look at lunch paks the same!

AFM- just waiting...... my temps have been high for 3 days so I def O'd last weekend. Lets hope I caught an egg!!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#69 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 10:36 AM

AHope~ That is a tough decision, but it sounded like you were rewarded by finding the perfect donor. His resemblance to your brother is the icing on the cake. The baby will look just like you!

Starling&D~ HOORAY for realness!! What kinds of names are you thinking of, if you're willing to share? Also, my extreme sympathies~ I just finished with my progesterone suppository trimester. SO GROSS! And stinky and it totally killed the boudoir action for me and DP as well. YUK!!

Ruby~ Happy distracting. Waiting for your period is even loooooooooonger than the 2ww.

2ez~ Ugh. How frustrating. I'm with you in that I don't feel like this is a process you need to share with your extended family. This is all about DP and you. And you SURE don't need to be sharing it at Disneyworld!! Hope it all works out.

Escher~ A line is a line!!!! I don't know about the blood, that does sound confusing, but I don't see how you'd get a postive line without an actual positive. Keep us posted.

MizYellow~ Yay for catching the egg. Your high temps sound like you got it just right.

Scarlett~ How's it going with you? Care to share with us the instructions on the sperm-shipping packages?

Not much news here. U/S tomorrow, looking forward to that. Had a bit of an argument with my mom because she keeps asking stuff like "When do we find out it's a girl?" and 'When can I start buying cute little dresses?" I finally snapped at her, and also said "But please feel free to buy dresses for a boy child too~ we can't guarantee he'll be straight." You should have seen the look on her face!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#70 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for your support. This process totally stinks, but I'm grateful to have you all around to help me get through the worst patches. Thank you!

Library: Ha--I like your comment to your mom. I agree that baby dresses are adorable--why should girls get all that cuteness?

Mizyellow: Hooray for a definite O! I hope the TWW is treating you well so far.

Burg: I'm using crappy internet cheapies, only because they worked as soon and as well as FRER during the last pregnancy. But you're right they may not be the best in this case. Thanks for thinking of that.

Starling&diesel: It's reassuring to think that the details of the TTC process may be forgettable some day. How exciting that you're getting all ready for the next IVF!

2ezforyou: I'm sorry your timing is going to be rough for the next insems. We thought about doing insems during a family vacation in August, but we ended up feeling like the logistics would be too challenging (largely because no one in the family knows we are trying). Hopefully your details come together beautifully!

Alison: I know two people who got pregnant on cycles when they were sure it wasn't going to happen. Hopefully that is the case for you!

Coco: Thanks for keeping track of me. Maybe a line is a line except when it isn't?

AmandaHope: Your new donor sounds like a great fit! How many insems are you planning to do this cycle? Are you doing IUIs or ICIs? I hope that clomid isn't giving you any trouble this time!

Max: I'm so excited that you have just a few weeks until your IVF cycle starts!

Prettyisa: I think signing up for a FSA makes tons of sense. I agree with your idea that you are either going to spend a lot on TTC or a lot on pregnancy. It's neat that it seems like your timing will match up will with your dr's recommendation!

Scarlett: I'm still so excited for you and your fresh, abundant sperm.

AFM: I'm feeling 80% despondent and discouraged and angry and sad and 20% still slightly hopeful. I'm trying to take deep breaths and be as nice to myself as possible. What a stinky day.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#71 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 02:51 PM - Thread Starter

Escher- Keeping sticky fingers crossed for you. Stay on your progesterone till you get your blood test. I know it’s hard to keep your hopes up so here is some fairy dust to help.

LibraryLady- I love what you said to your mom. I would totally say something like that to just to shock them out of their little bubble.

MissScarlett- I’m so excited for you and this new venture. It truly is exciting, keep us posted.

Ruby- Thank you for the notes on self massage! (That was you, right?)

PrettyIsa- I did flex spending and I easily spent the money on TTC. I wish my allotment was double what it was. Remember you can buy tests, IUI, medications, and pay for Ultrasounds with it. If you do get pregnant you still have Dr visits to pay for. I looked at my companies website for flex spending and it listed all the things I could use it for. That may help you decide.

AmandaHope- I used PRS for a bit. I like how they have lots of options for willing to be known donors. I’m glad you liked your video!

Krista- If you want to do something in particular with your cycle, tell your Dr. They are there to help you and you should be able to conceive according to your schedule and wishes not some generic protocol.

Starling&Diesel- Keep me posted about your process. It’s so exciting. I may be one month ahead of you in our IVF treatment. I will also be using the Endrometrin progesterone ,which is three times a day, because my body doesn’t react to it. You may ask your doctor about Prometrium instead, it was only one insert at night. A lot less messy! My ‘body’ gets really itchy from that one though.

2ez- Wishing you luck on your vacation cycle. We never knew what to do while on vacation. This last year I think we took two cycles off because we were out of town. If there is anyway to bring the spermies with you, do it! Hopefully the relaxing environment will make it all magically work!

Mizyellow- Sending fairy dust your way for stickiness!

AFM- My vitamin D levels being low could really be affecting my mood so this week I decided to be proactive. I am going to see a psychotherapist who does guided imagery on Friday. I want to work on bringing my hope and attitude back up. I also scheduled myself for a massage with energy healing work the following day. I feel good about these decisions and my projected beginning IVF cycle should be at the beginning of next month. I'll keep ya'll posted.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#72 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 05:02 PM

WOW. DP informed me this morning that she absolutely will not entertain the thought of a KD, and in fact, isn't sure she even wants kids, or me for that matter.

lovely.

I promise to keep you posted.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#73 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Whoa, Miss Scarlett! Hang in there...sounds like you're on quite an emotional rollercoaster these days. Hugs to you.

Escher--thinking about you today! Fingers crossed for good news in the morning.

AFM - my cycle might finally be behaving. CBE Monitor went to high a few days ago, and OPKs are getting darker. Not quite positive yet, but maybe by the end of the week. Swimmers are on standby. Please, oh please, don't make me return them to the bank for a third confusing cycle in a row!

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#74 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 05:19 PM

scarlett ~ what?! oh god, honey, where did this come from? talk to us!

max ~ yep, that was me. and you're welcome.

escher ~ thanks for keeping the hope for me. now take care of yourself!

library ~ that's classic. love it!

me ~ okay, so first i crave a ham sandwich (which i haven't liked since i was, like, 8), then i enjoy pop-tarts and spaghettios. wtf? even pizza often makes me gag; i never eat such unhealthy food!
well, if this is a symptom, so be it. but it could also be completely psychological. i'd also like to take it as a good sign that i got to hold my manager's new baby twice before starting to ttc. we'll see!

~ alison
me and my girl looking for a little luck to conceive and homebirth our first.
#75 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 05:46 PM

Scarlett YIKES! s and more s to you. I'm hoping this was an expression of frustration and that you'll be able to spend some time working things out and get back on track with your relationship and with your family planning. How frightening, though. Hang in there, and know that we are all "here" for you as much as we can be in the virtual world.

Ruby Those are some funny cravings--hope they are a sign!

Amy I hope this is your cycle! I would go nuts having to return sperm multiple times (even once, probably); clearly, you are patient people who will be good, patient parents. It sounds like the signs are lining up this time. How many insems will you do and how?

Escher A crappy day, indeed. Sending pregnant, sticky vibes to the little blastocyst that I'm hoping is hanging on in there. s

Max Will you tell us more about your upcoming IVF cycle? Are you on birth control pills right now? Are you going to use Femara again, or a different drug? I'm curious about the details and also glad to hear that you are taking care of yourself and helping yourself move into a more hopeful space before the IVF. I think that is really important.

Library to the frustrating conversation with your mom. My mom was also sure it was a girl, and I was almost annoyed when she turned out to be right. Sheeh. Good luck with the u/s!

AFM No weird s/x from Clomid yet this time around. I get to see Sandra Cisneros talk tonight, so I'm looking forward to that. I'm so behind with work--UGH. I have a new book that I'm using as a fertility-enhancing guide: Fertility Wisdom by Dr. Wu. Someone I know (who had twins a few months ago) strongly recommended it. It is an eastern medicine approach. I'm trying to shift over to its recommendations, but the food restrictions are brutal. About a week away from my next insem.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#76 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Starling&D~ HOORAY for realness!! What kinds of names are you thinking of, if you're willing to share? Also, my extreme sympathies~ I just finished with my progesterone suppository trimester. SO GROSS! And stinky and it totally killed the boudoir action for me and DP as well. YUK!!
As for names, we range all over the place. Mostly girl names, because my partner is convinced that all the emryos are girls, being that our babe and the other two from the same 'batch' are all girls (so far, that is )

As for the twat-stuffers, hallelujah that you're done! I can tell you that the boudoir (living room, car, hotel, etc) action in the second and third trimesters was the best of my entire life! Whoohoo for sex while pregnant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escher12 View Post

Starling&diesel: It's reassuring to think that the details of the TTC process may be forgettable some day. How exciting that you're getting all ready for the next IVF!
I know ... when we were dealing with the first pregnancy, I was completely consumed by all things TTC/fertility/baby. I hope for everyone here that it is someday forgettable ... because of the baby in your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxK View Post

Starling&Diesel- Keep me posted about your process. It’s so exciting. I may be one month ahead of you in our IVF treatment. I will also be using the Endrometrin progesterone ,which is three times a day, because my body doesn’t react to it. You may ask your doctor about Prometrium instead, it was only one insert at night. A lot less messy! My ‘body’ gets really itchy from that one though.
I used Prometrium (the little round while pills, so expensive and so perfectly round to get lost easily!). Three of those icky things three times a day. Blech. The Prometrium that you're talking about ... also small round white pills with uber-goo inside?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Scarlett View Post
WOW. DP informed me this morning that she absolutely will not entertain the thought of a KD, and in fact, isn't sure she even wants kids, or me for that matter.

lovely.

I promise to keep you posted.
Oh no! You poor thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyPDX View Post
AFM - my cycle might finally be behaving.
Behave, cycle! Behave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubygirl36 View Post
me ~ okay, so first i crave a ham sandwich (which i haven't liked since i was, like, 8), then i enjoy pop-tarts and spaghettios. wtf? even pizza often makes me gag; i never eat such unhealthy food!
well, if this is a symptom, so be it. but it could also be completely psychological. i'd also like to take it as a good sign that i got to hold my manager's new baby twice before starting to ttc. we'll see!
Some magic baby dust from your local cyber-neighbourhood fairygodmother!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#77 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 08:14 PM

oh my goodness scarlett!!! sending you many cyber hugs and positive energy! i really hope your dp is just having a bad moment and that this isn't something that she has been bottling up. i can't even imagine. please do keep us posted - we are all here for you albeit in a limited capacity.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#78 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
(((((((Scarlett))))))))

Big hugs coming your way.... let us know how you are ok ?
Have you figured out exactly what is going on with your DP ?

We are behind you !

Coco
xx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#79 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 10:12 PM

Many hugs, Scarlett!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#80 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 10:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Scarlett--just wanted to echo what everyone else has said--lots of hugs and support and good energy coming your way. That conversation is the least fun one to have ever, and I hope that she is speaking from frustration from the tough time you have both been having lately and that you can sort through any issues and get back on track with your relationship and family planning soon.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#81 of 317 Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 PM

some good news today - dp and i are going to be aunties again! my brother and sil are pregnant (13 weeks) and due in april - right around the time we had planned to visit!

she was 2 weeks late with their first babe, so now i am trying to figure out when to go!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#82 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 AM

scarlett!

And congrats, indigo

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#83 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 01:26 AM

No time for personals, but

All my love to Scarlett. What a crap situation! Let us know what you need...

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#84 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 06:45 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Scarlett: This is such a stressful process. I hope that you and your DP are able to have some good conversations about what you need to do to make it doable again.

Indigo: Congratulations! Hooray for cousins around the age of your LOs!

AmandaHope: I'm glad that you're not having clomid side effects yet! What are the biggest changes that Dr. Wu thinks you should make in your diet?

Ruby: Those are funny symptoms!

Max: I hope the guided imagery and healing energy massage are great! Will you let us know what you think of them?

Amy: How exciting that your cycle seems to be coming together!

AFM: Max, can you please move me to waiting to O? Thanks. I feel pretty disappointed by this cycle. I think the hardest part was that I had a strong sense starting just a few days after ovulation that I was pregnant and that everything was going to be fine. So I feel let down by my body, by my intuition, by God. My acupuncturist wonders if my body has not yet fully recovered from the miscarriage. So then I wonder if I need to take some time off and try vitex or something. I don't know. Thank you, everyone, for all your support during the last few days.

#85 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 09:26 AM

a million hugs coming your way, escher...

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#86 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 09:44 AM

Scarlet, Hugs to you.

Escher, have you taken a better test? I don't want you to get your hopes up or anything, but I had light periods for 2 months when I was pregnant with DS. Then the thrid month I had heavy bleeding, which they said was probably the loss of his twin (after the fact, never diagnosed with twins durring pregnancy). So I know that blood doesn't always mean not pregnant.

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#87 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 10:10 AM

Escher~ Ugh. Biggest of hugs, I was so sure this time around. Though Seraf makes a good point...

Scarlett~ WTF!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!??!? I just don't even know what to say to this except keep us posted and know we're here for you xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxxoo

Starling&D~ I'll be looking forward to the action then! I might have gotten to the point where I'm not afraid we're going to dislodge the bean (irrational, I know, but still) so maybe it'll be time.

Indigo~ Congrats!! I expect my bro and sil to make an announcement any day now, though we're all still hoping they'll finish their last year of college.

Max~ I hope your therapies are restoring you. This is such a draining process xo

Ruby~ Spaghetti Os?!?!

I have a library convention for the next two days~ book nerd fun! And my ultrasound this afternoon, so I won't have much posting time, but will nip in to check on all and let you know any news xoxoxoxxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#88 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 11:56 AM

Escher-- crap. s Just remember that after these first few days of complete despair, you will kick back into planning mode and feel better Im so so sorry.

Quick update, thank you all so much for your sweet support. Evidently DP feels that a KD is too much of a risk, doesn't want "any more family" (mine is huge with my birth/adoptive families) and feels vulnerable by the whole process.
She spent yesterday morning on the phone with some people in her life that don't have her best interests at heart, and said some things she now regrets. She would rather continue on with the donor sperm and not entertain the idea of a KD. Of course I respect her fears & concerns, but just wish she could have handled it differently. To say I am disappointed is an understatement for sure. I think that KD would have been beyond awesome. I guess we are back to frozen donor sperm and picking a new donor for next cycle.

sigh.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#89 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Escher-- crap. s Just remember that after these first few days of complete despair, you will kick back into planning mode and feel better Im so so sorry.

Quick update, thank you all so much for your sweet support. Evidently DP feels that a KD is too much of a risk, doesn't want "any more family" (mine is huge with my birth/adoptive families) and feels vulnerable by the whole process.
She spent yesterday morning on the phone with some people in her life that don't have her best interests at heart, and said some things she now regrets. She would rather continue on with the donor sperm and not entertain the idea of a KD. Of course I respect her fears & concerns, but just wish she could have handled it differently. To say I am disappointed is an understatement for sure. I think that KD would have been beyond awesome. I guess we are back to frozen donor sperm and picking a new donor for next cycle.

sigh.
sorry for your disappointment about a KD but so relieved that it's not the worst possible scenario! hoping a donor switch is just what your body needs...

#90 of 317 Old 10-07-2010, 05:12 PM

Hi, Friends!

Scarlett: I'm sorry that the KD isn't going to work out. I know how excited you were about that. I'm glad that you and your DP were able to talk about what the real issue was and what you both need to be comfortable--but I'm sorry that what you both need doesn't include fresh sperm! Your new cycle is probably starting soon, right? Good luck picking a terrific donor!

Library: I hope the ultrasound was great!

Seraf: I definitely considered if I could be pregnant and bleeding, but based on my temps and how I feel I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant. Thank you, though, for sharing your experience.

Wehrli: Thanks. Hopefully someday I'll be able to join Q&P again!

Question for all of you: I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to share their experience with either taking time off or thinking about taking time off and then deciding against it. We found the few months we took off after our miscarriage to be pretty painful, but we also don't want to keep wasting money (and hope) trying month after month if my body just isn't ready. Thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? Words of Wisdom? Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page