Queer Conceptions--November - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2010, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowvalleymama View Post

a few questions for all of you queer conceptions experts--does anyone on here ovulate more toward 48-50 hours after +opk?  when i started insemming a year ago, i wanted to try to conceive without doing any compulsive charting.  even though i had read brill, i decided i'd save cervical checks, charting, etc. as a back-up in case i wasn't able to get pregnant with just opk's, lazy temping, and sperm.  at this point (1 year and 6 insems later) i'm getting ready to do all of the evaluating and charting i had been avoiding.  anyway, i always skip a handful of days after my +opk before temping and so i've never documented the first day of my temp rise.  i do have a strong rise of at least a full degree, but i'm starting to wonder whether i am a late O'er in relation to my lh surge.  i felt a pain i think was an ovulation pain around 2 full days post surge this month--and i remember last month i still had ewcm for a full day after the time i had expected to o.  i know temping will be the best indicator of my ovulation timing--i was just wondering whether anyone else is on the later side of the 12-48hour time span.  

also, any tips for someone just beginning cervical examinations?

right now i am taking a break until at least january, maybe longer so i have time to recover, chart, and lose some of the fifteen pounds i've gained from the stress of ttc over the past year.  good luck to everyone in the tww!  hoping for some more bfps!  -e

Are you using fresh sperm? Personally, I don't feel like opks are great. I found it difficult to get a positive on them at all. And I know I O'd because I got pregnant twice without getting a positive opk! I did end up figuring out that I needed to poas twice a day to catch the positive surge - usually around 11am and then 2pm and I usually caught it then.

I couldn't figure out how to comfortably check my own cervix for ages lol redface.gif Then I read online to squat and try it. That made a HUGE difference and I could find it very comfortably and really be able to feel the differences at different times in my cycle...I found it fascinating!

I put on about 40 pounds during my year of TTC...mostly depression and anxiety over having had 2 miscarriages. I'm slowly losing it now after having had DD. I hope to be in better shape before getting pregnant again. I think it's important to feel strong and healthy while pregnant. Good luck!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 02:43 PM

Rainbow: Regarding the when do you ovulate in relation to OPK positive question...I was never sure.  My temp spike suggested that it could have been as much as 48-56 hours later, but then, once I was working with an RE, I had an interesting experience.  I had mature follicles and did the trigger shot (which is supposed to make you ovulate about 36 hours later).  I did an insem the next day and then expected my temp to rise the third day, but it didn't.  I was scared that I hadn't yet ovulated, so I went in for a blood test that morning, and sure enough, my progesterone level indicated that I had ovulated.  But my temp hadn't gone up yet.  I do think that some people's temps take a while to respond to the rise in progesterone that occurs after O.  So I wouldn't rely too heavily on the exact timing of the temp rise.  Just my 2 cents. 

Library: Thanks for asking about the hcg numbers.  The level is 760 today, so it is doubling just as it should.  The big news is that they want to do an early (vaginal) ultrasound on Wed. to check for multiples.  I'm feeling pretty good about this being a single pregnancy, but I'm still a touch terrified and am now going to be super nervous for Wed.  Yikes!  Bolt.gif  If anyone has time left over from sending fertile and conception vibes, I'd take a few single healthy embryo vibes! Thanks!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Ladies,

Seraf-  Eh as long as your are not bleeding you are still i the game. How long will you wait to try again?

Amanda- So the exhaustion is kicking your butt huh? I feel you there! I am trying not to but any clothes just yet but it is so hard because they are cheap right now for summer (when I will be huge!)

Escher- so soon! I bet you are getting so excited! Did you end up  stopping your accupunture?

Scarlett- I am sorry things are rough with your DP right now, I hope it gets better soon. How are you feeling?

AFM: I am feeling like complete shit. I have never felty so horrible in my entire life. I am sick to my stomach all day and soooo exhausted  could cry. i am over emotional and cry all day long.  I am so ready to see this baby on ultrasound! (December 7th) so I can breathe a little sigh of relief. I am grateful for the symptoms but wish they were a liitttttlllee less severe. I think Chelsie would have to agree! I hope everyone is doing well, I am going to go lay down.

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 11-29-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post

Library: Thanks for asking about the hcg numbers.  The level is 760 today, so it is doubling just as it should.  The big news is that they want to do an early (vaginal) ultrasound on Wed. to check for multiples.  I'm feeling pretty good about this being a single pregnancy, but I'm still a touch terrified and am now going to be super nervous for Wed.  Yikes!  Bolt.gif  If anyone has time left over from sending fertile and conception vibes, I'd take a few single healthy embryo vibes! Thanks!

I've found from hearing other's numbers that unless they are crazy high it doesn't usually mean multiples. My hcg with DD was 2079 on 18dpo and she was definitely a singleton!

Good luck and enjoy seeing your little one for the first time!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 04:50 PM

yeah, what carmen said amandahope.  mine were crazy high with ds1, clinic was convinced more than one and yet just one healthy bean! :)

afu, i called our re's office today and set up our initial appt for the end of february!  wooo! :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the reassurance, Carmen and Indigo.  The freaky thing is that just as you had high numbers with singletons, the nurse at the RE's office says that she's seen twins with low numbers, too.  But I'm sure you are both right, and honestly, my intuition is that there is just one in there. 

MizYellow:  Oh, no.  I'm so sorry you feel so terrible.  You  sound miserable.  My sister-in-law felt similarly to what you are describing, and getting through the first trimester was incredibly hard on her.  She is 30 weeks now and uncomfortably big already (ugh), but she really enjoyed that second trimester!  Your Dec. 7th ultrasound is so soon...hang in there.  Your body is doing such important work. 

AFM: Just like with DD, I don't have any dramatic symptoms. I am sleepier than normal, but not exhausted; my bbs are a bit sore but not painfully so; I get queasy if I get too hungry, but as long as I eat protein every 3 hours or so, my stomach feels fine.  I did get more m/s with DD starting about week 9, so maybe it is just late to kick in.  If I didn't have the beta numbers, I'd probably be nervous, but mostly, I'm just grateful and lucky. I wish I could share the feeling-fine part with you, Yellow, and other sick preggo gals.  And I wish I could share the preggo part with everyone else on this board who needs it! 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Amanda ... I had huge numbers with my first pregnancy and had two poles and sacs, but no second heartbeat.  Another possibility?  I'm terrified at the thought of having twins, yet we're going to put two embryos back.  We did the same last time and ended up with one. 

And yay for protein!  That's my cure for morning sickness.  And candied ginger!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:42 PM

thanks for all of the thoughtful responses...

krista:  i get the three signs lining up thing--but i wish i could count on an immediate temp rise as confirmation.  we've been doing natural cycles with iui, sometimes 1 sometimes 2.  i had an ultrasound and trigger one cycle, but after this little break i'm going to use a midwife in my town rather than an re in the city 2 hours north.  plus we'll try to use 2 vials every cycle.  is 4dpo a good time for you?  i am often in "i can't believe it has only been 4 days" hell.  

max:  i'm glad to hear your dp and you are on the positive side of the healing curve.  are you starting an ivf cycle this month?

scarlett:  i would love to o soon after my lh surge...it's super easy for me to poas obsessively to catch my +.  my dp can't stand fighting but i need to have a yelling door-slamming fit from time to time.  hoping your love and you are headed back together soon.

seraf:  how did you time your inseminations with your early lh surge to conceive Osh?  was it just indicative of o-ing earlier than usual?  waiting to hear your update tomorrow.  i imagine it's a very different process ttc already having two children at home.  do you plan to homeschool all your kids?  i spend SO much time thinking about my unconceived child's future schooling--it's insane.

escher:  does your cervix change in a drastic way soon after ovulation?  i feel like my main struggle is figuring out my 3 signs.  for example--i often have multiple days of ewcm, a strong +opk (that lasts for a few days), and a temp spike that might be a few days post-o.  i'm guessing my cervix will help me know when i'm getting close to o, but how can i tell via my cervix that it's happened?  thanks for the luck.  where are you in your cycle right now?

carmen:  i'm using frozen sperm and i haven't had a problem finding my +opk because i love to poas.  i often notice a line that darkens over the course of a day and turns positive around 9pm.  did you notice that you gained less weight during your actual pregnancy since you were weighing more to begin with?  i wish i knew whether to wait until i am back in my most healthy and comfortable body before insemming again, or whether it won't make much difference starting out +15 pounds.  i plan on this being my only pregnancy--dp and i are planning on a solo kid forever, but even if we change our minds we'll adopt--so i'd like to really enjoy the experience.  i'd love to hear your perspective.

amandahope:  interesting about the progesterone test.  if i end up back at my re maybe i'll try that.  what was your timing for insemming this pregnancy?  i am sending you strong, strong single babe vibes.

library:  ooh, you should find a new spot for your special chair.  by a woodstove, or window, or in the kitchen!  btw, what kind of chair is it?  i used to want to buy one of the ugly but comfortable green stuffed chairs they have at barnes and noble.  

mizyellow:  sorry you're feeling so crappy.  i make a ginger-heavy tea with fresh ginger pressed in a garlic press, a squeezed lemon and a huge spoonful of honey.  i make the whole thing in a quart-size canning jar and carry it around with me.  might help?

indigoscot:  you're planning for baby #3, yes?  february sounds like a lovely month to conceive.  i just might join you.

goodnight all!  

Old 11-30-2010, 07:03 AM

I guess my temp didn't really drop yesterday, because I didn't start yesterday.  I'm like clockwork with that. 

Escher, my LP is typically around 13-14 days.  I think I usually start 14 DPO, so I feel late.  I'm breaking out like I'm about to start, think my cycle is just going long to try to sync up with Sara.  Although I'm so bloated, tired and wet I almost feel like I'm just having a bloodless period.  Maybe there's a clog...

Rainbow, I just waited longer after my LH surged.  I think I insemed at 24 and 48 hours, but I don't really remember anymore.  I had really obvious mucus patterns, tho.  With Ari I just used fresh sperm and it was much easier.  Now I've been charting 6 to 8 months of the last year and I'm still clueless.  It is a very different process TTC with kids.  This cycle, for instance, I wanted to insem as soon as I got the tank, but I was home alone with 2 kids.  So  had several hours to wait.  I also don't have as much time to mourn the bad cycles because I have them to distract me (much of the time).  They also ask a lot of questions.  "When can we get a baby?  Can we make sure it's a sister instead of  a brother?"  I would like to homeschool all my kids.  I know all schools are different, and some are phenomenal, but they are still an institution and at the end of the day they have a large group of kids and few adults to manage them.  Sometimes their priorities are not my priorities for my kids.  (Like, you know, sleeping late and traveling)

Amanda, wishes for one perfect babe.

Yellow, maybe the more yucky feeling means girl?  It did for me.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 11-30-2010, 07:34 AM

Good Morning, Everyone!

Seraf: Are you really thinking you're not pregnant? I'm really thinking you are, but obviously you know your body. Maybe you're just holding out so you can be the first bfp of December? orngtongue.gif

Rainbowvalleymama: I do think that my cervix often gets significantly lower, less slippery, and harder right after ovulation. Hopefully that happens for you too! I agree that the three signs lining up is hard--it has never really worked for me. Good luck!

Indigo: Hooray for an appointment!

AmandaHope: I have everything crossed for one healthy babe! fingersx.gif

Mizyellow: I'm sorry you're feeling so bad! I hope it gets easier soon. I did end up stopping acupuncture (although not officially--I just didn't make a next appointment) and so far I can't tell any difference.

AFM: CD1! orngbiggrin.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 11-30-2010, 07:47 AM

Seraf~ This sounds promising! If you're like clockwork, but your temp hasn't even fallen, maybe you're one of those 'freaks' who doesn't get a bfp until 17 or 18 dpo, especially since you did the widely-spaced insems?   I'm keeping everything crossed until there's blood to tell me otherwise.

Escher~ WOOHOO!!!! This is it!! Magic OPKs, do your thing!  Hmmm, what would be the Harry Potter spell for this situation? Ovulatium Conceptionis!!

Miz Yellow~ Sorry you're feeling so awful!!  Since Seraf said that feeling awful meant a girl for her, I'm going to say that NOT feeling awful meant a girl for me, so make of it what you will ;)

Rainbow~  My super duper special chair is my great-grandmother's rocker, which is currently with my grandma being reupholstered. My current special chair (and the one that's too big to allow a tree) is a French Provincial style chaise longue which does indeed take up a chunk of living room, but is totally my preggie princess throne. The cats love it too!  I wish we had a fireplace, for sure, but it does sit by the window so I can keep an eye on my thieving, white trash neighbors, so that's special too.

Starling~ I agree, candied ginger works magic and is just plain yummy!

AHope~ Still sending you one-baby vibes, for sure.

Scarlett~ Where are you?!?!?!??!?!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 11-30-2010, 08:31 AM

Library - You CRACK me up! I have a visual image in my head about your preggo belly, big princess chair...and the white trash neighbors! biggrinbounce.gif

Seraf - It looks like we might be in the same boat. I am 13dpo and another BFN this morning. My luteal phase is all over the place, but usually 16-20, and sometimes as early as 14. It's always a toss up. My cycles have always been off since I was a teen. BCP really didn't even help. Only one doctor has ever seemed concerned about it. Now that we with a RE, even she doesn't seem concerned.

AHope - Whoa, crazy high numbers! (I secretly would LOVE twins.) The good news is that it sounds like the little bean is growing strong!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

Old 11-30-2010, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Library—glad you’re getting all stocked up!  And I love the idea of you sitting in your princess chair with a couple cat-attendants at your beck and call!

Scarlett—I hope you had a relaxing break and that you and DP are working things out—how are you feeling?  Are you testing this Thursday, or did you mean you’re waiting until the 9th

2EZ—Glad things are calming down at your house—and I hope that BFN was just testing too early!

Gelly—Whoa!  Why do relatives always wait for big, formal occasions to break out the crazy?  Fingers crossed for Thursday!

AHope—You’re getting stocked up, too!  Don’t you love the sales at outlet malls?  They almost make it worth driving to the middle of nowhere to get to one!   Also, I am totally directing healthy embryo vibes your way! 

Krista—You and me both, sister!  What are you doing to keep busy for the next week or so?

Max—So scary to fall so soon in the healing process!  I remember after my foot surgeries I was totally paranoid about anything that might hurt them again (I still blanch when someone runs a wheelchair or stroller to close to my toes).  Glad your DP is making a good recovery and that you two can sit around and enjoy the tree without having to do the decorating yourselves!

Indigo—I think it would suck to get up at 5:20 am any day.  Ever. 

Seraf—Ugh.  So sorry to hear about the bfn.  Still not over til it’s over, though, right? And I remember that your signs were over several days, so maybe it was just a later O that’s causing the holdup?

Miz Yellow—Ooo..That sounds like no fun at all.  I hope your hormones get more even soon and that you don’t feel so bad all the time! December 7 is coming right up! 

AFM--well, it's about 5DPO and I feel kind of like crap.  But I'm going to go ahead and attribute that to the fact that the flight last night had the worst turbulence I've ever been through (I was literally shaking when I got off--DP was a row ahead of me and slept through the whole damn thing), we got home after midnight, and woke up early this morning to walk two sick hounds (kennel cough, ear infection, and something else requiring pills) before coming to work.  DP and I decided that it would be better if I could try not to pay much attention to this TWW, so I haven't been temping and i'm not allowed to poas until the 9th, if AF doesn't show up before. 

The only sign I've been noticing is that all of a sudden there are needle-less syringes everywhere--for the dog's ear meds, in the wal mart parking lot, etc.   What do you think it means? 

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 PM

Escher, Yay for getting to start your cycle finally!  Use that magic!

Library, Princes thrones are cool!  Do you watch your posture at all?  When I was pregnant with Osha I slouched a lot.  He was posterior until labor.  I had the prettiest posture with Ari because I wanted to avoid that with her.

2ez, I'm sorry about the BFN, but glad it doesn't mean anything for you this early.

Isa,  I think syringes everywhere is a funny sign! 

I looked back at old charts and it looks like I had one other cycle with a 15 day LP.  So my temp could drop tomorrow.  I'm not thinking either way at this point.  It is what it is.  I'm preparing for the worst, tho, because the best wouldn't upset me in the slightest.  I mean, I'm still taking folic acid, just in case I have company.  But I think it's kind of a long shot.  I guess I don't know that my tests would go positive right away, since I didn't test until a week after my missed period with the kids.  I know I had a positive at 13 dpo with the first one I lost, tho.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 11-30-2010, 02:35 PM

A quick post from work...

Isa~ Thanks for the crossed fingers. I just hope that I can hold out till Thursday. I know what you mean about not being allowed to poas. My DW doesn't want me to test till next Tuesday, December 6th...that would be 16DPO. I told her that I don't think that I can wait that long....so, I did get her to let me test on Thursday. thumb.gif

Seraf~ I still got my fingers crossed for you!

AmandaH~ How did everything go?

2EZ~ I got them crossed for you as well!

AFM~ I feel like crap too. I'm just really tired and I have been having some heartburn (which I think that it is a bit early for that to be a prego symptom). I haven't been sleeping to well at night either. I'm getting up and going to the bathroom more than usual....don't get excited, I've also been drinking more liquids than I normally do, but I've been sooo thirsty. I'm at the point where I want to test so bad, but then I don't want to just in case it's a BFN. I have 2 crazy weeks coming up with working 10hr days and OT on Saturdays (the checks are way nice when you have 15-30 hrs overtime on them, but it is killing me) plus I am in the last two weeks of my Anatomy class. I just can't wait for a few week break from class.

Huggs to my other TWW's. Much baby dust to all of you! grouphug.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 11-30-2010, 05:56 PM

Hi Everyone,

Come on over and join us in December Queer Conceptions! orngbiggrin.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)

User Tag List