Queer Conceptions--November - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2010, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Millet:CHels and Ijust discovered Dexter 2 months ago and have pretty much spent all of our free time watching everyone's favorite serial killer. Now that we are caught up I don't know what we are going to do! I also like Arrested Development.

Here is a link to my chart (I think) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1b4052
Let me know what you guys think!

Miss Scarlett: 6 DPO! Woo! Are you waiting til your missed period to test?

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cheese, Grommet! I want cheese!!! And I agree, a good bit of Wensleydale is worth a trip to the moon! Those movies are hilarious, and Shawn the Sheep, who has the best name ever.

Scarlett~ You're right, Xena should have gotten a mention. There is a big Buffy/Xena schism, it's true, I'm in the Buffy camp, still, but Xena does have her place. You should try and let Buffy into your heart and I'll try again with Xena. Thanks for the recipe! I think I'll try this for my next Wednesday Night Soup. I'm glad you and the sheep are cruisin' along. I think no symptoms is a good symptom.

Millet~ I agree that if you liked Buffy before, keep going. Season one's a bit iffy (they were just warming up) but once you get to Evil Angelus and Spike and Dru (full disclosure: Dru is my secret crazy vampire girlfriend) it's impossible not to love it.

Escher~ Quite a connundrum. I'm afraid I don't know a thing about Vitex, though. I'll have to bow to the others' expertise and keeping everything crossed for you.

I just love this board. We're so awesome.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 11-03-2010, 03:30 PM

MizYellow~ Arrested Development has made me actually wet myself laughing. Ron Howard as the narrator is my favorite character. And Liza Minelli as Lucille 2. Plus, you gotta love Portia!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 11-04-2010, 01:11 AM

Escher - Re Vitex: My NP said one every morning pre-ovulation, and two every morning post-ovulation for the progesterone effects to lengthen the LP. No mention of stopping during the TWW.

Miss Scarlett - fingers crossed! Halfway there, really...

Milletpuff - I'd add Big Love. I love that show. The first season is the best, and I hear this upcoming season is really going to return to focusing on the 'domestic life' of the family (as opposed to external dramas).

AFM - Can I tell you how much I love this Vitex? Today marks two weeks of taking it, and I'm happy to report lots of EWCM and a wide open cervix (finally, at CD 53)! We're skipping this cycle, but I think we're back in business overall! (Hope I didn't just jinx it.)

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
Old 11-04-2010, 10:48 AM

Amy~ Yes, we liked Big Love too. It can be over the top at times, but oh well. I liked the parallels between their life and queer life. I mean, not EXACTLY the same, but the gay creators of the show said that they wanted to explore another kind of relationship that had to be kept secret, etc, and the comparison really comes through. Besides, Chloe Sevigny is AWESOME in it. Glad the vitex is working for you! CD 53~ yikes!

AFM~ Sorry I didn't get my recipe in last night. I cleaned house and did the dishes (again) and then had a chat with DP about how I'm the only one who cleans house and does the dishes. Grrr

Old 11-04-2010, 11:26 AM

Library, so you love Dru? and Chloe Sevigny (ok, I've only seen the first season, maybe things get better)? You have managed to pick my least favorite characters... I don't know if I can trust you anymore...

Nothing going on here. Sara's sicker than a dog. She's on day 2 in bed. I wish there was something I could do, but I don't think there is. (also, when I'm puking during my TWW, remind me that it's nothing to get excited about) I'm starting to read a big bad microbiology book today. Thinking about doing a distance learning thing to get my RN. I also have an interview today at noon. Still need to order sperm. Sara still is waiting for AF, and I'm on CD 9, yikes. Sharing a shipper may not work.

New random QOTD, about how many servings of vegetables do you eat in a day? Do you have any tricks for getting more veggies into your day? I don't eat nearly enough. I got some powdered greens and I've been putting stranger and stranger things into my smoothies. So question B, What do you love in your smoothies, if you do smoothies?

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 11-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Seraf~ I must qualify, that I don't love Chloe herself (and ususally find her really irritating) but I think her character's interesting on Big Love. I like her conflictedness and her schemingness and her ability to fix large appliances. I love Dru because she's over the top (and I have a thing for skinny goth girls). But if this means the end of our friendship, I guess I'll have to learn to live with it I'm sorry your DP is in such a sorry state and that your cycles are so far off.

As for veggies, I like them, so I think I do okay. I have salad every lunchtime, and my DP is a great cook and we always have veggies with our dinner, and sometimes salad too. Buying the bags of pre-washed salad greens is really useful, since all you have to do is open and dump them into a bowl and then enjoy with a tasty dressing.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:10 PM

We can definately still be friends, dear Library, I will just understand that you have a thing for annoying girl characters. Or I have a thing against them.

The food pyramid says I should be eating 2.5 cups of veggies a day. I know I don't eat that much. Premade salad is always on sale in my town because no one ever buys it, so I get them on sale all the time. Plus 2 cups of fruit on top of that. So I'm trying to get more. We are having salad and broccoli with dinner (kids are making dinner tonight, woo hoo! biscuits and gravy and salad and broccoli. LOL)

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 11-04-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyPDX View Post

Milletpuff - I'd add Big Love. I love that show. The first season is the best, and I hear this upcoming season is really going to return to focusing on the 'domestic life' of the family (as opposed to external dramas).

AFM - Can I tell you how much I love this Vitex? Today marks two weeks of taking it, and I'm happy to report lots of EWCM and a wide open cervix (finally, at CD 53)! We're skipping this cycle, but I think we're back in business overall! (Hope I didn't just jinx it.)
We love Big Love, too, and I'm really happy to hear about the return to domestic life, since that is definitely the best part of the show. Domestic life can be seriously interesting when there are three families in one involved.

I'm so happy Vitex is working for you. It seemed to do very little for me when I took it last spring. I'm hopeful that it will make your next cycle clear and successful!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter

Morning! *small growl*

Mizyellow-- I added your chart to the homepage (with Max's help) so now we can all properly chart stalk you. I am by no means an expert, but after my initial "whoa" I think it looks okay. If you pay more attention to the average and less to the individual points, the trend becomes more clear. Today's temp looks great and regardless of what FF thinks, I think your timing with fresh was good and you are right on track! (ps you can override FF and set an ovulation date....)

Seraf/Sara-- I think I'm jinxing by not putting Sara in the right place. I'll move her today and watch AF come with a vengeance I guess worst case you don't get to share a shipper (say that five times fast) and get pregnant within two weeks of each other instead of one!

AmyPDX--Isn't it SO exciting when you have clear signs of O even if you're not insemming that month! (however, as we have discussed here before, I *do* find myself searching out sperm at that point....quite irrationally). I just don't know how some of you with super long cycles do it. Mine is normal and it STILL feels like forever.

Millet-- Any developments?

Escher-- I'm sorry I don't have any reliable information on Vitex. I agree with you about the synthetic hormones, HOWEVER, it's a lesser of two evils thing for me. If the synthetic hormones help me hang on to a little bean, sign me up. Is there a practitioner that you could discuss this with? Sorry not to be more helpful.

Library-- Chloe in real life is SUPER irritating. I totally agree. Has anyone seen Spartacus Blood & Sand? It's CRAZY graphic, bloody, gory, sexy, etc, in a way that is almost embarrassing, and the cheese factor is pretty high, but it's kind of one of those things that once you get into it, you're like "yeah, so it showed him getting decapitated in great detail....how cool is that??!" It's an interesting story.

QOTD-- I prefer my veggies to be dancing.

AFM-- *tick tock tick tock tick....* Im in the big middle of no man's land. DP and I have been at each other's throats for two days (which I'm sure is so helpful for the conception process), and I've still got a whole lot of nothing going on. Jump on sheepsters.

(ps: I have an interesting book recommendation, A Brief History of the Dead It's a fiction work that was suggested to me by a friend, and the premise is super interesting. It is incredibly well written, and a pretty quick read.)

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 11-04-2010, 02:00 PM

Seraf~ I think biscuits and gravy and broccoli and salad is the dinner of champions. If it's any consolation, I love Tara too. I love Willow, but Tara's really my fave, if only for the line 'I've been on the internet a few times. Everything's misspelled, it's just depressing.'

Scarlett~ I'm sorry you and DP are fussing. That's no good at any time, but certainly not at a time you need less stress. FOCUS ON THE SHEEP! Or watch more Spartacus, and pretend it's someone else being decapitated...

And speaking of decapitations, got home yesterday to discover a mouse with its face chewed off waiting in the kitchen floor. That's my li'l Rufus, he's quite the killer.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Indigo—isn’t that funny? DP and I almost never do, either. I had a coworker at my last job who ended up synching with me, but for some reason living in the house hasn’t done it!

Library—you should TOTALLY be a handful. And then do it again later, anyway, especially if you are doing all of the dishes.

Scarlett, Rainbow, and Kgul—how good are you at holding out on the testing? I did one last night (not even the test line showed up, really) and am going to resign myself to waiting until Monday to do it again.

QOTD: A. several. We’ve been getting a CSA so every time I get through the veggies in our fridge another frickin’ box shows up that I have to deal with. We currently own three kinds of cabbage, two kinds of beets, and god only knows how many carrots. B. bananas, berries, honey, yogurt. But! Since it’s fall—the best thing ever is a milkshake made with vanilla ice cream, a little milk, and a couple spoonfuls of pumpkin pie filling! It’s a vegetable, right?

AFM—I can’t decide if I’m crampy/burpy/sleepy because I’m pregnant or because I’m a crampy/gassy/tired kind of girl. I keep thinking of Mary I and her false pregnancies. Luckily a friend is coming to spend the next couple days with us, so hopefully I’ll be too distracted to worry about it.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 PM

Isa~ You're totally right. I can suddenly feel myself becoming far too pregnant to do dishes. I cleaned up the dead mouse yesterday, what more does the woman want?!?! I'm totally jealous of your veggie boxes! I'd love to have that option. And the pumpkin milkshake sounds like heaven!!!

Old 11-04-2010, 04:18 PM

PrettyIsa- Those could definitely be pregnancy signs but having a friend around to distract you is perfect for the weekend. I was always a big tester, and I have come to the sad conclusion that it doesn't help. I just can't stop myself so I know how you feel. I also envy your veggie box! DP keeps making me homemade really starchy things like homemade mac and cheese with smoked Gouda. I love it but really with my pain medication I'm getting backed up here, I need the fresh veggies. Beets are my favorite too! Oh make a beet salad and eat it for me.

AFM-Took my bandages off today and my ankle is definitely too swollen to go back to work so I'm taking another week off. I NEVER take off work but unfortunately my new boss does not not know this yet.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 11-04-2010, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Miss Scarlett: You made me feel better. FF has been stressing me out, I have decided to keep temping just to have a good average on there but not listen to them anymore. I am fairly certain I O'd on Monday. I am going to test a week from today. 10 DPO is good right?! I dont think I can wait any longer than that. I am crazy enough to want to test today. hehe

Isa- How many DPO are you again?

Max- No one can blame you for breaking your foot! I hope you are starting to feel better.

Millet- any news? I am sending positive sticky baby vibes your way!

Escher- when my bestie took vitex last year she took it all the way through her cycle, and stopped as soon as she got her BFP. It took her 2 months! Not too shabby.

Library- I love Portia, I also love her name. Chels is not such a fan so it is out of the baby name poll.

QOTD: Most of the time I eat lots of veggies, I tend to stick to the same ones however. Cucumbers, salad, carrots, broc, sugar snap peas, tomatoes. And that is really about it. Fruit, I don't eat as much. when I eat something sweet I usually want it to be chocolate! I do love love love honey crisp apples.

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 11-04-2010, 05:41 PM

MizYellow~ I think you're smart to trust your knowledge/instinct and not worry about what ff is telling you. I was so aggravated during my success cycle because my temp WOULD NOT go above 97.9. I'd get so mad in the mornings just wanting it to go up, but it never did. Turned out not to matter, though, eh? I think you timed it perfectly, and with fresh swimmers it'll be even better.

Portia's a good name, but I can see how some people wouldn't like it. I'll admit, I've been over at other websites looking at their 'baby name' boards and let me just say, people are nuts.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Library-- I had a cat named Rufus!!!!! Best. Cat. Ever. When will we know sex? Have you already shared the names on your list with the board and I missed it? (I was MIA for a week or so a while back)

PrettyIsa-- You sound like the TTC version of the seven dwarfs.. crampy, burpy, gassy, sleepy etc. I vote also for cranky, hungry, and mopey on my end. I normally test starting on day 10, but I'm almost feeling like I might be able to wait longer this cycle. We shall see...

Mizyellow-- Like I said to Isa, I think 10 DPO is a good place to start. That way if it's negative you can still say to yourself "well, it's still so early....", and I did get my BFP on day ten the first time around.

I have the most boring FF chart ever in the history of the world. I don't like/trust my new BBThermometer.....

Quick question--Did any of you pregnant gals (or folks with little ones already) track CP during your 2WW? I've heard that it is super ambiguous, and indeed mine seems all over the place, but I wonder if anybody ever sees a trend for pregnancy vs non pregnancy....

(i love watching the little sheep feet while they are jumping. cute)

Old 11-04-2010, 06:40 PM

You guys! I got my third beta back and it doubled again! Even faster than the last time! It's still low (133) but the RE said everything looked fine from their side and nothing that would cause concern. And my first ultrasound is the 15th!

This was TOTALLY not the news I was expecting AT ALL. I am completely floored. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY BABY!

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
Old 11-04-2010, 07:47 PM

milletpuff - this is AMAZING news!! keep sticking to the pole little beanie-o!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 11-04-2010, 07:48 PM

Milletpuff! Congratulations!!!! Can we bring out the dancing veggies?

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 11-04-2010, 08:06 PM

Yes!!! Bring on the veg!!! My due date is July 9th. Thank you all for any energy you can spare to send our way.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:38 PM

Milletpuff: Hooray!

Scarlett: Only a few more days until you can test!

Max: I'm sorry that your ankle is still so swollen. I hope it heals quickly!

Isa: I hope that your friend is a great distraction!

QOTD: I eat lots of veggies by doing three things. 1. I buy lots of veggies at the farmer's market, and I hate to have food go bad so I eat it. 2. I take lots of cut up veggies in my lunch. 3. I put veggies, often ground up, in everything I cook.

Amy: I'm so glad that the vitex is working so well for you!

Mizyellow: I'm glad that FF is giving you crosshairs now. It looks like your timing was good!

AFM: I'm happily on CD1. I'll be having bloodwork (LH, FSH, E2, TSH, prolactin, and vitamin D) and a sonogram this Saturday. Hopefully it will all look good!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 11-04-2010, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Millet!!!!! YAHOOOIIIEEEEEEEEEE
:car rot:car rotd ance:chic ks:m oon

THAT IS WONDERFUL NEWS!!!! STICK TO THE POLE LITTLE BEAN!!!!!!

Escher--Shall I move you to Waiting to O?

Old 11-04-2010, 11:28 PM

congrats millet! that's wonderful news!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 11-04-2010, 11:55 PM

Millet--

I'm going to give you these, but you have to keep a close eye on them around seraf. Know what I mean?

:b anana:br oc:ban ana: broc:banan a:shamro ck

Mizyellow--I agree. Sometimes FF just does whatever the heck it wants! I say ignore it if it's not being helpful and follow some of the other signs. I'm heading into 7DPO tomorrow morning.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:56 PM

Oh, Millet--my birthday is July 10--it's the best birthday ever! All waterparks and ice cream cakes!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:42 AM

Millet!!

And ESPECIALLY:

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:09 AM

Hooray Millet!

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
Old 11-05-2010, 01:39 AM

WOW! Thanks for the party everyone! It is so appreciated. Especially since I still feel a little tentative...it's good to have you all who can express the excitement and the joy for me till I get all the way there.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milletpuff View Post
You guys! I got my third beta back and it doubled again!
This was TOTALLY not the news I was expecting AT ALL. I am completely floored. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE STAY BABY!

Stick to the pole, baby! Stick to the pole!

Max ... RICE baby. Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. You've got all four going on, right? And arnica? Sending happy healing ankle vibes your way.

QOTD: We are veggie happy here. I take cucumber, celery & carrots to work, along with spinach and peas to put into my thai noodles soup (you know those Thai Kitchen kinda-instant ones?). I find that that is a great way to add veg in, if it's added to a tasty Thai noodle soup. We have at least two veg with dinner. This time of the year it's mostly broccoli, cauliflower, squash, etc. I lurve me some veggies.

A little slow on the mark for the trashy TV/movies ... We really loved the Deadwood series, and the Rome series ... both HBO, I think, but we rented them. We also watched Alias on DVD.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!

User Tag List