Queer Conceptions--November - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 586 Old 11-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Seraf and Sara - glad it sounds like people are feeling better in your house! Phew.

Mizyellow - yay for a temp jump!

kgulbransen - looks like you have to give us permission to see your chart. A temp jump sounds promising!

Scarlett - hang in there this weekend. Weekends mid-TWW can be the WORST.

AFM - omg, saga today. Realized we have syringes, but no catheters for an at-home IUI. No luck at Walgreens or a medical supply store. Doctor's office is closed. We may have to do this the old fashioned way. (Confidential to my fellow PDXer Milletpuff - just sent you a PM to see if you had any brilliant ideas for a local catheter source)

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#122 of 586 Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 PM

Amy~ I think you should use an actual turkey baster. That's the perfect way to make a November baby Actually, though, best of luck and everything crossed. xo

Max~ Let me know how it goes with the gluten-free flour. My mom just took in a foster kid who's celiac and has started a lot of gluten-free cooking

Millet~ Five weeks!!! That's so wonderful. I hear you about not feeling pregnant, but you will soon for sure xoxoxo

Escher~ Yay for you keeping up with AmandaMom. I'm sorry she's not sharing with us, but I'm still sending her the full AMANDA POWER!!! As for the magic OPKs, I say save them 'til an insemenation, so they can fully utilize their magic.

MizYellow~ Yay for temp jumps!!!

Seraf~ Glad you like them! It's a family favorite recipe. It's from the Moosewood cookbook, which is my favorite hippie vegetarian cookbook for sure.

Kgul~ Yay for temp jumps for you too. Everything's crossed for you xo

AFM~ Not much happenin'. Did a lot of thrift shopping today, looking for work clothing. Now I"m home, slumped on the couch. Looking forward to that extra hour tonight!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#123 of 586 Old 11-06-2010, 09:39 PM

Hi, everyone.
Library I'm also looking forward to that extra hour tonight.

Amy Sorry for the catheter drama. I did the same thing once (though I was planning to use it for a high-up ICI, not an IUI), and I settled for a needless syringe instead. I do hope you found the catheter somehow, but baby dust to you no matter how you do/did it.

Yellow Gallery hopping sounds fun!

Random thoughts: My DD and her BFF are rocking out on Wii Rock Band--YIKES. My sweety gentle dog went after (and mildly hurt) our neighbor's dog today--she's never done that, and I'm worried about it. Any dog whisperers out there?
I made delicious squash soup today (complete with home-made veggie broth from the stems, stalks, and leaves of all the veggies I bought at the farmers' market this morning). I feel so crunchy! I just wish someone would organize my house for me--we're still not all settled in from our move in July. Sigh. Last night, I was around several pregnant women, a woman with a newborn, and a teenager with one of those freaky robot dolls that she has to take care of for school. She has to comfort it, burp it, change it, feed it, etc., and a computer tracks all of it. It even gets up every 3 hours over night! Between the imminent, real, and mechanical babes, I got a WAVE of intense desire for my own. I don't think I've felt anything that intense since before I got pregnant with DD (who is 8). The force of it brought tears to my eyes--I wasn't sad, really, but just overwhelmed. I am SO ready to be pregnant! Whew--thanks for letting me get that off my chest.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#124 of 586 Old 11-06-2010, 09:46 PM

Evening everyone...

Miss Scarlett~ Woooohoooo...CD1! I have everything crossed for you! Your timing sounds great, so does the fact that your temps are kinda average and not jumping all over the place...and some slight cramping sounds good too, it could be the little bug burrowing in.

Library~ That calzone recipe sounds soooooo good. I'm going to have to print this off and try it sometime...well DW will have to make it..between working 10 hr days and then going to night class, I'm not getting home til around 9:30pm these days. But A&P is going pretty well. We start disseting cats next week.

Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you what days did you take femara? 3-7 or 5-9? and did you take 2.5 mg or 5mg?

Escher~ We decided to take the 3 months with the KD and then renegotiate. Of course we have high hopes and we are hoping that it will only take one time, but after ttcing for a year (November 28th will be our 1 year mark) we are not counting on it.

AmyDPX~ Hoping that everything worked out for you and that insem went smooth today.

MaxK~ how ya doing? Did you get one of those ice pump cooler things from the hospital? My DW had one of those when she had knee surgery. It didn't keep it her knee cold enough for her so we ended up just putting ice in a bag and applying it directly to her knee. She is allergic to most pain meds so they were basically giving her tylenol3 for the pain. It sounds like you are doing well...right? Speedy recovery to you!

Millet~ I agree, hearing the heartbeat will be super duper exciting.

Krista and Rainbow~ you all testing anytime soon? Good luck....

AFM~ Nothing much to report. Went shopping to day with one of my nieces and her other mom, we had a blast. I got some great sweaters, a kick ass pair of jeans and a pair of cordury's.

On the TTC front...I am just waiting for AF...she is late. Isn't that just like her?!? She never comes when you want her and she always shows up when she is uninvited. I am kinda excited about the KD, but I am trying to reign it in until we actually get going. I can't take another blow like we have had in the last few months with KD's. I just want AF to get here...so that I can start monitoring with my OvaCue and start taking my Femara. Lets get this party started.....!!!!!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#125 of 586 Old 11-06-2010, 11:01 PM

Gelly~ I took femara days 5-9, I never had any sort of side effect or anything. It DID make my opks very clear and decisive though. You're right about AF. When you're waiting, it seems to take FOREVER!!!

AmandaH~ Big hugs! I know the feeling, and I know it won't be long xoxoxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#126 of 586 Old 11-06-2010, 11:44 PM

gelly: good luck with your kd. i hope af shows up for you soon.

library: i love moosewood! have you ever made the cauliflower cheese pie? it sounds incredibly gross, but tastes divine.

amandahope: there is a woman in my graduate program who brings her 4-month-old along to classes--and his happy, gurgly presence causes a similar wave of baby desire for me. let's hope all of the baby vibes are setting you up for a bfp!

amypdx: are you needing to insem tonight? if not until morning, you should try calling ohsu--there is always an re in the office over the weekend for early morning iui's. do you use ohsu normally? i can give you the weekend # if needed.

mizyellow: how old is your son? i love his name. i would steal it for my future babe, but i have a very last name-y, last name and need to balance it out with an un-last name-y first name.

escher: will you be insemming this month? are you having blood work and tests done for a specific reason, or are you just gathering information? do you do iui's or ivf or ici? trigger?

miss scarlett: are you feeling any less bummed out? i fluctuate between being bummed and excited/curious. i always thought i'd be one of those women that know they are pregnant because of some deep bodily awareness or psychic acknowledgement of a second presence...but i am clueless! good luck with your testing or not testing.

happy weekend, everyone. i'm lazing around reading a novel, drinking a latte, making some soup.

#127 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 01:17 AM

Good luck with the testing tomorrow, Scarlett!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#128 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

I totally chickened out and didn't test. Temp up a little, but I'm to that point (that we all know) where I'd rather just play along a little more with the thought that I might be pregnant rather than face the disappointment that I'm probably not.

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#129 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Starling—So glad to hear you can keep on nursing until you’re ready to stop! That’s great news!

Rainbow—Tuesday! You’re so good! All of those symptoms certainly sound promising, though!

Seraf—Oh, glad to hear everyone’s better! That sounded like a very rough night. My guess is that the sick stuff causing straight-people babies is from some loving BEFORE the illnesses, not during (because, um…yuck).

Scarlet--It's getting hard to move around here what with everything crossed for you and all. But I think that waiting another few days might be good for your peace of mind!

Millet—glad the spotting stopped, and excited for your ultrasound! I love your signature!

Miz Yellow—Well, I’m either preggers or sick. How’s your wait going? Your numbers sound good!

Amy—Oh, no! I agree with Library—totally worth it for the story, you know?

Gelly—I’m glad you’re almost ready to start again! And jealous of the cords—I can never find any that fit right!

AFM—9DPO and I feel---weird. Kind of sick, kind of crampy, getting dizzy/nauseated in small waves now and then over the past few days. I had a teeny little temp dip this morning (it went from 97.72, where it’s been hanging out to 97.52) but I’m trying not to read too much into it. Is there anything to the 97.9 thing? My temp almost never gets that high—but I’m usually a little cold-blooded. I had a strange encounter with a friend last night who was talking about his wife’s pregnancy symptoms and when I made some joke he came right up to me and said, ‘oh, you’re pregnant then! You could be pregnant, right? Right? You’re pregnant!’ We haven’t said anything to them about trying, so there’s no way he could know. I’m taking it as a good sign. I’m sure I’ll test tomorrow (since I did last night. BFN, no surprises there) and again until Sunday, which is when FF tells me I should. I hope everyone enjoyed their extra hour today!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#130 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 01:40 PM

Scarlett- Aw man! I was hopping on here to check in with testing status before our grocery store trip! I understand the wanting to wait but I am less patient than you (well really just about anybody_

Isa- Woo! All those symptoms sound super promising. I tested this morning too (which is just stupid because I am like 6 DPO) let me know how your test goes this morning!

Rainbow- What is your DPO count? Have you been testing or are you of the more patient sect? My son is 2 1/2 and amazing! I love his name too, I am a HUGE John Lennon fan and we are trying to figure out if there are any good names associated with him or the Beatles in general for our next. I love the name Penelope Lane but Chels is less enthused

Amy- Hope you got all sorts of inseminated last night! needless syringe is better than nothing right?!

Amanda- I understand with the overwhelming desire for a baby. Sometimes it hits me like a truck, other times I look around at my little family and feel so lucky. But every once in a while I could just cry with wanting for a sweet little baby in my arms!

AFM- Depending on who you are going by I am either 6 or 8 DPO today. I sometimes think I might be preggo and others think I am def not. My cycles are short so I am due for my period on Thursday so I don't have too much longer to wait I guess. Have a great day all!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#131 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 PM

Good morning, I woke with the sun at 6 instead of 7. Woo big extra hour!

Scarlett, I totally get testing another day. I am a later tester, tho. Sara is finally waiting to O. Thanks for moving her so she could finally get there.

Library, my favorite hippie vegetarian book is The New Farm Vegetarian Cookbook. I used to love it. But I lost my copy in the seperation, LOL.

Isa, random guys have given me strange psychic predictions that were true, maybe that's a really good sign.

Not much going on here. Trying to find a local speculum. Ordering Sperm. Just your general random everyday fun. I think I get to start peeing on sticks today. My temp at 9 this morning (because I went back to bed) was 98.24. But I think I'l be going with the first temp (97.21), because it makes more sense pre O.

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#132 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Scarlett~ I hear you! I was always a last-possible-day tester just because I hated looking at the blanks. Though I do see the psychological comfort in peeing on a negative test and then being able to say 'Well, of course it's negative, it's only 10 dpo!' But whatever you do, we'll be here. xo

Isa~ I don't know that there's anything significant about 97.9, I just know it's where my temp hung out a lot of the time, and my last 2ww it was there I believe the entire time. I'm pretty cold blooded too, which is funny because DP says I radiate heat like a furnace (she crowds me off the bed all winter). Maybe we just don't keep the heat inside? Anyway, I like your symptoms and look forward to your results!!

Seraf~ I've not heard of that cookbook, but I'll be on the lookout for it. I'm also going to take Rainbow's suggestion and try the cauli-cheese pie, which I never have, but which sounds excellent! I also agree with your choice of going with the earlier temp, especially if it's closer to your usual time. Good luck!!!

MizYellow~ Will you test before AF's due? It's going to be a big week for us all, I just know it.

Odd time change day. I woke up, finished the book I was reading, played with the kitties, made biscuits and gravy, watched an episode of Bones and now it's ALMOST noon. But I'll be dozing off by 9, so that'll make up for it. DP and I have our first Bradley Method childbirth class this afternoon. Looking forward to it, except for receiving the handbook, entitled HUSBAND Coached Childbirth. And the teacher's evangelical bible verse in her email signature line. We shall see. If it's uncomfortable in any way, we'll not be going back, but we'll give it a try at least the once.

#133 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 04:20 PM

Library, The Farm is, like, a commune or something. They're very famous in the homebirthing circle, and I supposed they're vegetarian. LOL. It's a vegan cookbook, actually. Very fun, tho. Good luck with you birthing class. I have only taken queer a queer specific one because, well, it sounded like fun. I don't think anyone makes queer ones here, tho.

#134 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 06:49 PM

AmandaHope- My 10 month old puppy is growler and we recently went through training with her for this issue. We realized her behavior was coming from a place of fear and we also learned how to read her body language. When she becomes rigid or growls we instantly tell her everything is ok and we distract her with treats. She knows a command for TURN when we need her to head in a different direction, and WATCH ME for looking at us instead of staring another dog down. Was your dog on a leash when this happened?

Gelly- Thanks for the warm healing thoughts. I have been doing well Hope AF comes real soon for you so you can get to TTC! I also took Femara from CD3-7 when I tried it.

Seraf- Glad to hear about your upcoming IUI’s and preO fun.

Sara- You must be close to O?

PrettyIsa, Rainbow, Scarlett and MizYellow- Keeping fingers crossed for you all.

AmyPDX- I know you are racing the clock with trying to find a cather right now. Let’s hope everything goes great for you. If you ever need them in the future you can order them online.

Library- My favorite cookbook is Vegan With A Vengeance, which is super yummy. The same author wrote Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. I was vegan for 15 years but now I’m more interested in making everything gluten free since DP has celiac and I have a ton of new GF cookbooks. Tell your mom rice flour works best for almost everything but combine it with corn flour for super yummy pizza crusts. I had not heard of the Bradley Method and looked it up. Sounds cool.

AFM- My second day off of painkillers. I’m feeling pretty positive about my healing process. Hoping the arnica starts bringing down the swelling and bruises soon. I really want to start my IVF cycle

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#135 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 07:05 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post
Not much going on here. Trying to find a local speculum. Ordering Sperm. Just your general random everyday fun.
Funny what becomes 'normal' after a while, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post
Last night, I was around several pregnant women, a woman with a newborn, and a teenager with one of those freaky robot dolls that she has to take care of for school. She has to comfort it, burp it, change it, feed it, etc., and a computer tracks all of it. It even gets up every 3 hours over night!
I've always wanted to see one of those things in real life! Do you think it works in getting teens to realize the responsibility of a babe? In grade ten we had to carry around a 6 lb sack of sugar with a diaper and a t-shirt stuck on it for a couple of days and pretend it was an infant. Supposed to accomplish the same objective as the robot doll. Bizarre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Max~ Let me know how it goes with the gluten-free flour.
Max, I missed that you're going GF. If you need it, I have a great all-purpose GF flour that works very well. I was diagnosed with celiac disease about fifteen years ago and so have gotten very good at the whole GF thing. Plus my DP is a chef and she's made it her personal challenge to re-create restaurant-quality meals that are normally anti-GF (chicken cordon bleu, anyone?) and turn them into yummy GF versions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by escher12 View Post

Starling&diesel: Hooray for all your good news! When do you start the IVF meds?
If all goes well, mid-November to prep for an early December transfer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxK View Post
Starling- Glad to hear about the multitude of good news. You must be so excited to start! I was so looking forward to us having the same IVF cycle but now I’m thinking I may be a cycle behind you.
When would you be aiming for a transfer? Would we still be in a hypothetical DDC together? I'd LOVE some queer peeps in my DDC this time. I was the only one last time.

As for everyone else ... I cannot keep up with this board's lightning speed! My apologies for missing anyone!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#136 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

Odd time change day. I woke up, finished the book I was reading, played with the kitties, made biscuits and gravy, watched an episode of Bones and now it's ALMOST noon. But I'll be dozing off by 9, so that'll make up for it. DP and I have our first Bradley Method childbirth class this afternoon. Looking forward to it, except for receiving the handbook, entitled HUSBAND Coached Childbirth. And the teacher's evangelical bible verse in her email signature line. We shall see. If it's uncomfortable in any way, we'll not be going back, but we'll give it a try at least the once.
Whatcha readin'? Anything good?

As for your childbirth class ... ... evangelical bible verse? You sure you want to go?

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#137 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post
As for your childbirth class ... ... evangelical bible verse? You sure you want to go?
bahaahahahahaahahahahahaaaaa the laugh I needed today. I just got spit up on by a two month old in a BIG WAY. Hoping there's some good juju there.

#138 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 PM

maxK - way to stay positive! You'll be good as new before you know it.

LibraryLady - I'm with you on the time change. I'd love it if every day were 25 hours long - I get so much more done! But I suppose it's going to be dark y 4 pm, and I'll change my tune then.

seraf - yay for peeing on sticks!

Mizyellow - re 6 or 8 DPO - did you insem a few times, or was your timing closer to 6 or 8 days ago?

prettyisa - those symptoms sound promising!

Scarlett - do you think you'll test tomorrow?

Update on my saga, now that I'm not frantic and can look back and laugh. DP and I got home yesterday afternoon from a relaxing breakfast date, and planned to do the insem right away. On the way in the door, she asked me if I had all the gear we needed. My response (I know it well, because it's now been quoted back to me a few times): "YES! It's a good thing you're with someone who plans ahead so you don't have to worry about things like that."

Inside, I checked the 'baby making box' (full of opks, syringes, HPTs, etc), but found two syringes and no catheter. I dug through the bathroom cupboards, and even rooted around under the bed--and couldn't find a catheter anywhere. DP spent this time gloating, reminding me that she was SO lucky to be with someone so organized.

Plan B: Off to Walgreens. No luck. On to a medical supply store. Nada. Called my doctor's office, and a few midwives' offices--all are closed on a Saturday. Got the brilliant idea to text our good friend who's a labor and delivery nurse (and aspiring midwife), who knows we're TCC, to see if she had any ideas. She called back, but couldn't think of anything at the hospital where she works that might help us.

Plan C: Head back home, where we're going the go the old fashioned route with the syringe alone. At the last minute, thought to PM Milletpuff to ask if she has any local ideas. Best news ever - she had a spare! And we're practically neighbors! (P.S. - Milletpuff, you're our hero! )

More great signs from the universe this weekend: Got a fortune cookie that said "your present plans will be successful." California Cryobank sent me an auto-email, saying "we recently noticed that you have stopped shipping vials and hope that this means that wonderful things are on the horizon" (so do we!). And last night, when we settled in for a movie, we turned on the TV to a happy pregnancy test commercial.

In the end, I think I o'd in the middle of the night and our unplanned delay actually made our timing great. My temp was up this morning, but not by much - I expect it will be up higher tomorrow. Please move me to waiting to know.

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#139 of 586 Old 11-07-2010, 11:26 PM

max: sadly, I'm about two weeks away from o. but I've waited this long, I can wait two more weeks until its time.

We ordered are little guys today! Very exciting stuff! I'm struggling to think of something else that is fun and exciting here. I'm thrilled to be back to feeling better and not being sick!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#140 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Negative (I think)

I must have used an off brand test because it doesn't even have a brand name on it but the others I have are the CBE digital and I just didn't think I could stand to see "not pregnant". Anyway, I think Ill upload a pic. I swear there is the faintest blue + but it almost just looks like residue...I was so prepared for it to be negative...now I'm just confused. *le sigh*

Sara-- YAY! Glad you are back on track! It will be here before you know it!

Amy-- What a great story! YAY MILLET!! Sounds like your timing was ideal!!! Can't wait to see what happens

Anxious to see if anyone else tested today.

#141 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 10:29 AM

Amy- We insem on CD14 and 15. And FF says I O'd day 14, I however think I O'd day 16. So..... I am considering me on 7DPO. Whew. How are you feeling post insem? CD1 or 2?

Scarlett- How are you feeling? Preggo? When is your period due?

Isa- any new test?

Max- What kind of dog do you have? We have an 8 year old Chihuahua that I have had forever, she is the sweetest thing but thinks it is totally acceptable to pee in the house. I threaten to send her to China all the time.

Library- I am a psychotic tester. Yes I will def test tomorrow morning just in case FF is correct. Basically I just love feeling disappointed.

AFM- I am not thinking I am preggo this month. I kind of just knew at this point in both of my previous pregnancies (I had a M/C a year ago) that I was pregnant and I feel completely normal. Minus the really wanting to kill Chels that is. Most weekends we are so lovey and enjoy our moments together. This weekend I just wanted to strangle her! She kept asking what she was doing wrong and I had to reply "I don't know, just stop doing it" Poor Chels.

Is it poor taste or against the rules to want to know everyone's first name? I feel weird refering to you guys as "Library, Miss Scarlett and Millet" If you could include your last name, SS#, and birthday too that would be great

Mine is Raegan.

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#142 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 10:35 AM

Max, we were wheat free for years back in the day (dd didn't have noodles til she was 3? She still doesn't like them and I think it's because I never introduced them to her). I never thought rice flour was that great, tho. Oh, I have a great buckwheat pancake recipe!

Starling, what becomes normal, yeah, the girls at work were like, how was your weekend, and I was all, "oh, great, I made calzones and ordered some sperm. Where do you think you can get speculums locally?" Yeah. Normal is relative.

Scarlett, I hope spit up is a juju for sure! Of course, if it is Sara will be having quads, or something. I think when they're only that small, you're supposed to smell their heads for luck.

Amy, I'm going to have a disturbingly similar story to tell in a couple of days when I think of the happy ending...

Seraf

#143 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

I think there was a triple cross post there...

Anyway, I'm having trouble uploading a pic or my ambiguously negative test this morning (I wonder if they are trying to switch the platform today, it will be interesting to see the new MDC...I hope we don't lose all the old stuff) It's on my blog so I'm just going to link there for now. If I can get it to upload here later I'll do it. What do you think?

http://abunformyoven.com

Is anyone else testing today? Or are you all waiting until tomorrow?

BTW I love the name Raegan, I have a great friend from high school with that name. Mine is Kristen ( I have an 8 year old house bunny named Miss Scarlett b/c she's white with red red eyes. That's where the Miss Scarlett comes from)

#144 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Seraf—The Farm! Doesn’t it sound so idyllic and ruggedly feminist in that wholesome, Little House on the Prairie kind of way? Do you know if it’s still up and running? I quite enjoyed Ina May Gaskin’s book, although I’m not sure I’m up for a homebirth…My favorite Moosewood recipes are the soups—all of them—but I do have their dessert book, too, which is pretty great when you want something healthy that is also full of sugar.

AHope—I’m sorry to hear about your puppy! Mine did that a few months back—he was sniffing a neighbor’s dog, and the next second there was blood. I’ve just been watching him closely around other dogs since then—it seems to be something about being on a leash because when he’s at home or in the yard there aren’t any problems. Good luck on finding a good solution!

Library—How was the class? I’m so curious how it turned out!

Scarlett—I also have some of those EPT ones that I am also not touching until later this week. But any positive is a positive, right? Right? Here, have a veggie to start you off—the rest will be on order!

Max—how’s the swelling going? Are you feeling better? Getting in lots of good tv recs?

Miz Yellow—I don’t mind—my name is Emily, although I do have some friends who call me Isa (it’s an old nickname from high school. The prettyisa thing is part of a very old inside joke with one of my best friends), and get introduced that way from time to time. It’s definitely one of my names, just not the primary one. I LOVE Raegan! I’ve always wondered, though—do people come up to you and say strange political/Shakespearean things? Do you mind that?

AFM—still negative. My mom was telling me yesterday that when I showed up (unexpectedly) she just thought she had the flu. Which maybe bodes well, since I still feel generically crappy, but not like I have morning sickness or anything definitive. I might try to wait a couple days and then use one of the better tests—these super-cheap ones must be the problem. Right?

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#145 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 11:37 AM

miss scarlett, i swear i could see something there, but it seems weird that the test side is so faint whether neg or pos... FX for the next test to be less ambiguous than this one and it be a BIG FAT POSITIVE!

AHope, sorry about your pup... sometimes our dog lashes out like that, too. i tend to think it's the vibes the other dog is giving off that signals a normally calm, nice doggy to "snap". i also agree that leashes can intensify the situation especially if one is off and one is on leash.

to all... i've got my pom-poms out, cheering you all on... can't wait to celebrate each and everyone of your BFPs!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#146 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 11:58 AM

missscarlet - i definitely see a line. can you get your hands on a frer? i'm starting the petition for you to test again asap on a frer.

g (the poas enabler)

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#147 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 12:02 PM

Miss Scarlett !

Both DP and I see a positive there ! How sensitive is that test ? You are still pretty early too.Hurry up and go get some more tests of different brands to test on !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#148 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

**Update** The + was still there (super faint still) at the ten minute mark, but it's gone now (approx an hour later) I'll definitely go out for more tests at lunch and keep you posted.

#149 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 PM

Scarlett! That looks so great! I have heard horror stories about blue dye tests (there's even a big thread about it on the TTC forum) so I'm with indigo and think you should run out IMMEDIATELY and get a FRER (the "early response" one, not the rapid results). Dollar tree tests are also good (better than blue dye I think). I also got a positive digital on a Clear Blue Easy test when my blood test an our later revealed that my blood hcg was a 10 (!) so i think they are swell too. EXCITING!!!!

AmyPDX, maybe I will change my username to IUICatheterFairy now! Or maybe not since I won't be able to change it back after the board change, haha! It sounds like everything else really was lining up and your timing was perfect! I hope it's a good sign. It takes a village, even to MAKE a baby apparently Glad it worked out.

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
#150 of 586 Old 11-08-2010, 12:16 PM

What do you smell the heads of and why am I having quads?! I'm so confused!

Miss scarlet: do keep us posted! I have all kinds of baby vibes heading your way!!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page