* MaxK- December or January
* starling&diesel- December

Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready :

* Milletpuff

* Indigoscot & DP

* chiquitayy  

* rubygirl36

* Carmen358
* BunnyLullabye (Taking September off too, hopefully back in October)
* Iheartsheep (Trying in December)
* Sarahcecile
* FiveGrandBaby (starting back around November 2010)
* vannienicole (starting ICI in September 2010)
* AmandaMom
* Newbian Mama
* giggleblue & DP
* Astro & DP Fozziebear

MIA:
* CassnBeth
* MujerMamaMismo
* dykemom
* kkearney1982
* lauren726
* j_on_planet
* Tigerlily1
* Cejae
* Shadow22
* katherinerose
* Hoping2bMoms
* Joyseattle

2010 Graduates!

November  * Mizyellow  *AmyPDX   7/30/11   * AmandaHope   * Lisedea

September * solejean * painefaria

August * bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas  4/15/11 * LibraryLady   4/15/11

July * Beastie * gumshoegirl007 * wehrli 4-1-11

June * Coco & DP (twins) 2-14-11

May * burg 2-4-11 * korey 2-1-11

April * calimeow * mtnlisa - 12-9-10 * kimlyn - 12-12-10

February * Mistral - 10-17-10 * Quasar & smartycat - 10-26-10 * Monarchgrrl - 10-31-10
* erthe_mama & DP - 11-04-10

January * lyndzies - 10-4-10 * FtMpapa - 10-10-10

2009 Graduates!

December* osker * megan sacha * mkpgoddess

October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * megincl & ktcl

September * elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * pleasantlyfurious

August * chicagoml * wishin'&hopin'

July * hbog * kimlyn32

May * indigoscot's dp

April * Kelmendi * KJM * whoabethy * carmen

March * scalpel * katwomyn4

February * deny_zoo29

January * jodybird511

2008 Graduates!

December * DM630 * raene * wazzmum

October * JennM1021 * lexbeach's DP* QTRANDI

September * Ellie74

August * heart-n-bones * Love My Family

July * giggleblue * pranava * MamaCaveBear * quasar (and DP smartycat)

June * starling&diesel * PiGirl * Erica12009

April * tigermiep * MujerMamaMismo * tiggerkong22 * simcon * 2happymamas

March * JenInMpls * mahrens77

January * cookie70

2007 Graduates!

December * Scalpel

November * mamimapster * AngelaM * solejean * lmh222[/QUOTE]

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2010, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy November, Everyone!

Scarlett: Thanks for starting the thread. Nice sheep!

Library: I'm glad you're feeling better. And congratulations on four months!

Giggleblue: How exciting that you're transferring so soon!

Mizyellow: Nice temp jump!

QOTD: What is something you're looking forward to in November?

AFM: I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and the beginning of Advent and more cool weather and colorful fall trees.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 AM

Just dropping in to wish each of you success in November !

Come on Turkey Babies !

Coco
xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 11-01-2010, 10:45 AM

Come on Turkey Babies! This is the time for us, ladies. If ever it was a chance to put that old 'turkey baster' story into play, this is it!! (Besides, conceiving this month gives you a good chance of a Leo baby~ what's better than that!! )

Escher~ what a lovely QOTD! I'm looking forward to cool weather, pumpkin custard from Rusty's Frozen Custard, the end of the OU football season (or at least the end of the home games~ drunks cluttering up my town!!!) and crib shopping in Dallas. AND lots of dancing veg from my fab QC pals!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 11-01-2010, 11:38 AM

happy November everyone!

I'm so excited it's finally November! This month we start trying (again for dp) and I'm itching with anticipation about all of it!

How was everyones Halloween?!

Best to luck to everyone Trying this month! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!

Brock :-)

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 AM

Good morning, happy November!

I'm looking forward to snow, getting used to these "crisp" mornings, having everyone over for thanksgiving, finding a new job, finisheing the house, inseminating times two, turning 30 and getting a BFP or 2. I'm also looking forward to fall food. Making a new sourdough starter and baking lots of bread. For the last couple of months I've been into making naan (flat bread from India, so easy), and the kids will be happy when I start making real bread again. Oh, and waffles. I only made waffles twice this summer, and now tis the season for hot breakfasts again. I'm looking forward to hot breakfast. Better start the month right. Oats and soft boiled eggs sound good today. MMMM and turkey, roast chicken, stew and CHILI! And cake for my birthday, of course!

That sounds about right, I'm excited to eat... and watch it snow! Oh, I wonder if I could make a passive solar chicken coop.... hmmm.

Seraf - hoping for another Leo or two

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 11-01-2010, 12:07 PM

Seraf: Would you be willing to share your naan recipe? It has always seemed hard to me, but I would love to be wrong about that! Thanks!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 11-01-2010, 12:21 PM

MizYellow Congrats on the (more comfortable) second round. Hope this is the one!

Others from the Oct thread Hi, hugs, and fingers crossed appropriately! I'll try to keep up now that we have a nice new thread (thanks Scarlett!)

QOTD (nice one!): I always look forward to Thanksgiving. I'm also looking forward to the rest of my mom's visit (she and my dad were here this weekend. I'm recovering, now, because in three days, we completely redid a bathroom (including drywall repair, sanding, new toilet and sink, priming and painting, etc.), replaced four lighting fixtures, moved heavy furniture up stairs, and installed a 90-foot zip line in the back yard with a custom-built 8-foot launching platform.) I'm so thankful for my desk-job today! My dad left this morning, but my mom stays through Friday, and she is so productive and helpful to have around (if also a bit stressful--ifkwim).

Previous QOTD: I do an u/s on day 3 (to rule out cysts before starting Clomid on day 5), on day 10 (at the end of Clomid), and on day 12, when I usually have mature follies and move on to the trigger shot on day 12 or 13. Before I started with the RE three months ago, I'd only ever had two u/s: one with my DD at 20 weeks, and one follie scan last spring. Now I feel like it is just part of my life each month. Weird. But I love the security of it--no guesswork for me.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Miz Yellow--Yay! More of us waiting! I can't believe there were no veggies in October-we will have to make up for it this month!

QOTD--I'm looking forward, desperately, to daylight savings time. It is SO DARK in my room in the morning, and although I know the time change will only make a difference for a couple weeks I still could really use some more sunlight. We do have one of those dorky sunrise clocks, but nothing compares to the real thing.

Now, ladies, I have a dilemma. I've been writing a blog (if you're all bored and want to read it it's prettyisassmallobsessions.blogspot.com). No one in my real life knows about it except my wife and one very good friend from high school who has been blogging her adventures for years now, so I thought I should reciprocate. But now her mother (a great woman who I also think of as being a friend) has figured out that mine exists and asked that I send her the address so she can read along and be supportive. This is very sweet. but MY mother doesn't have access to it, and I'm not sure I want her to. She hasn't even been informed that we are actively trying because I don't want to get her hopes up or spend every conversation from here until forever fending off questions about how I'm feeling, it's going, etc etc.

So, some advice? What would you do? Should I let my friend's mom read? Should I let my mom read? They know each other and run into each other around town regularly, so I'd hate to have my mom feel like someone else was more up on my life than she is. Or how do I turn her down gently? Arg.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-01-2010, 12:38 PM

Here is the video I started with. I have looked up other recipes, tho. I use 2 c flour (sometimes one of those cups is whole wheat flour) 1 t salt, 1 T sugar, 1 t yeast, a couple of tablespoons less than 3/4 cup water, 2 T oil, 2 T yogurt. I don't use the baking powder. I rise in any amount of time between 1 hour and 10 hours. Like, I may make the dough after breakfast and have naan for lunch or I may make it before bed or before work and then bake when I wake or come home. I make it like she does, with a pizza stone, but you can also use aluminum foil, you just have to turn it over and cook for another minute or 2 on the other side (when I make it at other people's houses, I don't bring a pizza stone). Then I brush mine with melted butter, I don't have any ghee. It takes about 5 minutes to make the dough, 5 minutes to seperate and roll them out after they rise, and 3 to 5 minutes per batch to bake. So total hands-on time is pretty stinking quick. Good luck!

Seraf

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 11-01-2010, 12:42 PM - Thread Starter

Morning all!

Yay for the new thread working! Several things:

QOTD:
I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends and family for the holidays, and eating (of course). I hope it snows a little while I'm home or in OK, since we will only get about a quarter of an inch here. I'm also excited about scarves and mittens and boots etc. I love fall clothes.

Also, I panicked myself a little yesterday. I woke in the night thinking about citrus fruits. I remembered an article I read years ago when we first started TTC about cutting back on oranges, orange juice, citrus fruits etc when TTC because the body needs to be slightly alkaline in order for conception to take place and an excess of citrus fruits could make you too acidic and damage the sperm etc. I eat A LOT of lime. We had terrible water where I grew up, and everyone drank lime or lemon in their water, and I've never really kicked that habit. I don't drink tea, or soda (minus the occasion diet coke), but I drink a TON of club soda with lime. Like several a day and with lots of lime. So I had this awful feeling that what if something so stupid was causing all of this for the last two years??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

So I started researching acidic vs alkaline foods yesterday, and was surprised but happy to find out that limes & lemon actually fall in the alkaline category, as do grapefruits. (I was pretty shocked by this as I would have assumed they'd be super acidic), and things that I assumed would be alkaline, cheese, dairy, meats, are actually highly acidic. The key is a balance, with a slight tilt towards alkaline. Anyway, I found all of this fascinating, and was an aspect of health and fertility that I hadnt explored yet, so I wanted to share with yall. Also, the base part of the club soda is very acidic, but they add the bicarbonate soda to reduce the acidity and push it towards alkaline, combined with the addition of my lime, I think I'm safe, but I'm still cutting back.

Last thing. I crave my little lime drink more and SUPER DUPER sour after I O...probably twice as much. I'm sure it's just the progesterone, but I wonder if my body is trying to add the lime to push me more alkaline for fertilization? Do you think this is totally kooky?

Anywho, here's the link to a pretty extensive list of Acidic/Alkaline foods for your viewing pleasure. http://www.energiseforlife.com/list_...line_foods.php

Lastly, my Mom announced last night that she had figured out the whole of our fertility issues:

DP has a low sperm count.
( we nearly peed our pants laughing)

PrettyIsa-- I had mine for quite awhile before I sent the link to my IRL friends and family (I just did it about two weeks ago) It's a little hairy b/c I'm not out to all my family (which will obviously change pretty quickly if I ever get pregnant), but when I sent it, I just sent it to everyone, knowing that it would get around quickly and I didnt want to hurt any feelings. (I don't specifically mention DP). So in my opinion, it's all or nothing.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:26 PM

Okay, Seraf! I read your post and now I'm hungry! I want a bowl of oatmeal with craisins and walnuts, but I guess I'll just eat my string cheese and try and be happy... Your naan recipe sounds amazing! I love to bake (something else I look forward to in the winter) I might have to give it a try.

AmandaH~ And your post made me tired! A 90 foot zipline? You must have a massive back yard! That does sound like you've had a productive time, for sure, but yes no matter how helpful, parents' visits can be stressful. I hung out with my mom on Saturday evening while my stepdad was at the football game, and she spent the evening suggesting baby girl names to me.

Isa~ That's a dilemma for sure. I would be supportive of not telling your mom about it. We didn't tell my parents we were trying for exactly the reasons you said. I didn't want the constant questions and suggestions and having to break it to her every time we weren't successful. I think that these are all valid reasons, and that if your mom were to somehow find out about the blog, you could just tell her you didn't want her to stress and worry, so you tried to keep it a secret. She might be a bit hurt, but that's not a terrible thing to do. That's just my thought!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM

Scarlett~ Cross post! Your acid/alkali research is very interesting. Who'd have thought dairy food would cause such a problem! Club soda with lime sounds yummy. As for Oklahoma snow, we had a blizzard last Christmas, so you never can tell!

Old 11-01-2010, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Library-- I was TOTALLY there for Snowpocalypse 2009... I had to leave my rental car at Penn Square mall & K.C. had to come get me in the Tahoe. It. Was. Nuts. I also had to crawl up my friends driveway on my hands and knees because it was so slippery and my heels kept sliding out from under me. I HOPE IT HAPPENS AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
Scarlett~ Cross post! Your acid/alkali research is very interesting. Who'd have thought dairy food would cause such a problem! Club soda with lime sounds yummy. As for Oklahoma snow, we had a blizzard last Christmas, so you never can tell!
Quick 2 cents: nearly every practitioner of Eastern medicine (including fertility enhancement) urges women ttc to avoid dairy. The idea is that it produces thick mucous that "gums up" the reproductive system. That said, dairy is historically absent from Asian diets, so this is probably also a cultural disposition. I've been mostly off dairy for a while, now, though I miss it (especially my greek yogurt).

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:49 PM

SNOWPOCALYPSE! The local newsmedia had so much fun with that. You have a great story (especially crawling up the driveway). DP and I had the best Christmas ever! We'd finished all our food and prezzie shopping and then instead of a series of long drives to the homes of various relatives, we snuggled up on the sofa and watched movies and stuffed ourselves. We TOTALLY hope it happens again this year!

AHope~ I'm glad I didn't know that. I love dairy.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy November! QOTD: I am looking forward to enjoying my pumpkin spice creamer, eating pumpkin icecream from Jeni's, making pumpkin bread. I am looking forward to getting preggo this month. I am looking forward to christmas shopping. I am looking forward to snuggling up with my lady love on those cold nights! I am not looking forward to those cold mornings!

AFM: My temps dropped a bit this morning and I have a TON of EWCM, it is crazy how much! So now I am worried I jumped the gun a bit. I got a true pos last night on my OPK and still one this morning. We "basted" Saturday afternoon and sunday afternoon. DO you think we are too late? Is the watery CM fertile or only the EWCM? Thanks fertility goddesses!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 11-01-2010, 03:21 PM

Miz Yellow~ Refresh my memory? Was it fresh or frozen swimmers? I still think you did okay. Better early than late, and it'd be good to have a couple of them hanging out in wait for the egg. Everything crossed for you!!!

Old 11-01-2010, 03:38 PM

Mizyellow: I'm a big believer in early is better than late.

Scarlett and AmandaHope: My acupuncturist also recommends no dairy. But other fertility docs I've heard of recommend small amounts of full fat dairy. So I don't eat much dairy, but I do eat a little bit of whole milk yogurt. Hopefully that's not what my problem is.

Scarlett: I think having a DP with low sperm count is exactly our problem! Why didn't we think of that sooner?

AmandaHope: What a busy weekend! I'm impressed.

Seraf: I'm really looking forward to trying your naan recipe. Thanks for sharing it!

Isa: I think you can just thank her for her support but tell her that the blog is really just a private place for you to share your thoughts. But I tend not to want too many people to know exactly where I am in the cycle. Good luck figuring out what works best for you!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:52 PM

Happy November! DP made pumpkin muffins yesterday! I'm getting ready to go in to my surgery. My no.1 wish for this November is that I'm walking by the end of the month!

to everyone TTC this month!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 11-01-2010, 07:07 PM

Library- I used Fresh, shipped from CA with extender in it. I am hoping I am ovulating as we speak, I am anxiously awaiting a temp jump in the morning!

Max- When is your surgery scheduled? The sooner, the better! Then you can start to heal. Good luck!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 PM

MizYellow~ With fresh, I think you absolutely did it in time. Can't wait to hear about your temp jump and then your bfp!

Max~ Ugh. I'm so sorry for you, I hope it goes quickly and well and you're up and about xo

Old 11-01-2010, 08:29 PM

hello. my dp and i are currently ttc our first (and likely only) child. this month is our 6th attempt, although our first try was incredibly poorly timed--so it's more like our 5th try over the span of a year. i am a graduate student, my partner is a painter/illustrator and we are using anonymous donor sperm. i have accessed these boards as a resource for information in the past, but never enough to actually join in a thread community. i am online a bit more often now, and i'd like to try to be more active on here.

this month we are using a new donor (that i adore) and i had 2 iui's last week on monday and tuesday.

qotd: i am super excited for daily sweater and indoor scarf wearing, as well as excessive soup-making and eating. this morning for breakfast i had a bowl of tomato soup and part of a baguette...mmm. a pretty anti-alkaline breakfast (nightshade, dairy, wheat) but i do pop my ume plum regularly to keep my insides happy.

good to virtually meet you all---and best of luck everyone! let's grow some healthy cancers and leos!!

-e

Old 11-01-2010, 08:47 PM

Can you move me to WTF-slash-shaking my fists at the sky-slash-#*$%^@(*&#$%(@ please? Second beta came back at 34 (first was 10), so the doubling time was right on target. But with these cramps, and constant light flow (for 3 full days now), I just fail to see how there's any way that this could end with a viable pregnancy. Third beta on Thursday, so the agony is prolonged until then at least! How will I make it?!

Me + DP + 2 rescue lap dogs = True Love Always
Old 11-01-2010, 09:11 PM

oh, millet.... i'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you...

STICK TO THE POLE LITTLE BEAN... STICK, STICK, STICK!!!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 11-01-2010, 09:26 PM

Millet~ I have everything crossed for you! I can't imagine what kind of crazy feelings you must be having now. Keep us posted and we'll keep you in our thoughts oxoxoxoxoxo

Rainbow~ Welcome! This is an excellent place to be and we're glad to have you. Yay for your IUIs, can't wait for you to test! We've got several in the 2ww right now, you're in good company. Yay for Leos!!

Old 11-01-2010, 10:36 PM

Rainbow- Welcome! I am fairly new to this group of ladies and I can tell you that they are amazing! everyone is so helpful and nice! I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! When are you testing?

Millet; there is still hope! I had cramping and spotting with Lennon for 6 weeks! He is perfectly fine! So try to stay off your feet and think good thoughts!

Scarlett- could you please move me to waiting to know!? And for the test of my patience. Lets see if i can wait a little longer to test this time shall we?!

Old 11-01-2010, 10:43 PM

rainbow, welcome! yay for soup!!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi Rainbow--welcome to the thread!

Max--how did it go? Are you feeling ok? How long is the recovery estimated to take? I had foot surgery once and hope I never need it again...

Mizyellow--that all sounds great! Up, temp! Up!

Millet--I'm frustrated for you, too! But also crossing everything that the doubling beta is the sign to watch and the rest is just noise.

AFM--I caved and gave the blog address to my mom and my friend's mom. DP and I talked about it and she said that anyone who is asking specifically to support us on this journey is probably someone we want along for the ride. Friend's mom wrote a very sweet email back saying that she'd shown up at just the right time and how great she thought it was that DP got to (potentially) knock me up, so I think it was the right decision.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:22 AM

Mizyellow- for your insem! You are so lucky to have fresh sperm. Thank you for asking about the surgery.

rainbowvalleymama- Welcome, may your stay be short and sweet! And here is some magic dust to assist those wonderful insems you did

Milletpuff- Stay strong sweetie. At this point anything could happen. I’m sending you big hugs. s

PrettyIsa-
Thank you for your concern and asking about my foot. I also think it’s a good decision to clue your mom in. You can always have a conversion with her and ask her to please respect the difficulty of the situation and not to ask you what is going on all the time. You will let her know when there is something to tell.

AFM-
Surgery went well today. I was in a lot of pain right afterward, so much so that I was crying. I think they gave me some morphine and Demerol but I was still pretty bad off. Then the wonderful anesthesiologist came back. They put me on my belly and poked around on the back of my knee for quite a while giving me little volts of electricity till they found my ankle/foot nerve then injected me with something to desensitize the nerve. It should last about 18 hours. Now it pretty much feels how it did before surgery so I’m good and not looking forward to tomorrow! I do have Percocet here. Keeping fingers crossed that it’s not too bad.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

User Tag List