December Queer Conceptions - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-27-2010, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Thanks, Graceie ... and I hear ya about licking wounds.  Doing that myself after my parents left. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2010, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok for fun I would like to hear from everyone what crazy and not so crazy things you are doing to help with your insems . partly becuse I want some reashruense that Im not the onley one saying hmm to just about anything that might help and parlty becuse I want more ideas lol

Ill start with acupunture and wome massage and Im totally doing the pineapple things after my inseme in feb

Old 12-27-2010, 07:44 PM

Starling- Sorry you are having a frustrating time with the clinics being closed, I was so pissed I couldn't do IVF bc of the holidays but at least I get to have wine for a little while! I would say get one good pregnancy test and if it is still negative them go off the drugs. I am just anxious to get started on my cycle, that's why I would opt for moving on. It's more of a personality thing. I hope you can figure out what to do. gloomy.gif

Gracie- Are you taking your temperature with a basal thermometer? It's another sign of when you ovulated. For example mine is usually 97.43 then around ovulation it goes down to about 63.86, then after ovulation it spikes up to about 98.42 or so. You usually want to inseminate right when it goes down and maybe another 24 hours later. I always found the OPK to be frustrating because the lines were never very strong on those pee sticks. I wish you luck figuring it all out. Even after doing it for a year the signs can be confusing!upsidedown.gif

AFM- DP is back in town and I'm so glad because my mom almost killed me three times by driving my car like a crazy person in traffic!banghead.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 12-28-2010, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Escher--any news?  I was looking around at 'when to test' lists and FF had a big long thing about how most tests really don't tell you early and it's better to wait for AF anyway.  So I'm hoping that your BFN was just because it's too early!

Starling--that is SO frustrating!  It's bad enough to not know what's going on without having everyone and their mom be off when you need them. 

Gracie--I started using the smiley OPKs because I had been using internet cheapies and they're too hard to read.  The smileys are more expensive, but it's reassuring to see the symbol tell you what to do.  DP has also been talking to my stomach to tell the baby to grow (or exist, at this point) but I try to fend her off, since I'm pretty convinced that nothing's in there and it's too weird to have her convening with my innards. 

AFM--depressed.  Not sure, but I don't feel pregnant--I feel PMS-y.  Bleh. 

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 12-28-2010, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Good Morning, Everyone!

Isa: You're thinking about testing in a few days, right? I hope you get exciting news whenever you do test! fingersx.gif

Max: I'm glad your DP is back. I'm sorry your mom was being such a crazy driver!

Starling: Ugh. hug.gif What a hard situation. I can definitely see both sides. On the one hand, with a neg test at 14 days post 5 day transfer, I agree that it is unlikely that it is actually positive. On the other hand, I definitely understand not wanting to give up when there still might be a chance, especially with IVF. How stupid that all the labs are closed. hug2.gif Good luck making the right decision for you!

AFM: We've decided to throw in the towel on this cycle and stop the progesterone. We'll call later today to order sperm from the new donor who we like a lot. Hopefully he is the donor for us! fingersx.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 12-28-2010, 09:40 AM

prettyisa I don't know maybe the belly talking thing helps I mean maybe we should all get some welcome baby temporary tattoos or something to let them no its a great place to stick around ? yes I'm using the smiley opks it just seemed easier I got them off amazon

afm opk negative this am and I really really wish I had been able to test the last four days I no I'm close to when I should O dame Christmas seems to be throwing everyone off well maybe tomorrow I'm planing on taking my charts into the doc next month

Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 AM

Morning all! Had the loveliest dinner last night with Library Lady and her DP. (pausing to let the jealousy sink in for ya'll) It was so nice! We didn't even have to brave a snowpocalypse to make it happen! Cutest baby bump EVAH!

Gracie-- Unfortunately timing, in my opinion, is by far the most difficult part of this whole process. My quick advice is, as others have said, the smiley OPKs, faithful temping, and cervical position and mucous monitoring. One thing to remember is that earlier is always better than too late. Another option is ultrasound monitoring and trigger shots. Good luck!

2EZ-- How ya feelin sister? When will you test? When do you see the doc next?

Isa-- "Innards" has to be one of my favorite words. Sorry you are in that weird, depressing part of the 2WW. Fingers crossed there is still good news!

Escher-- Glad you are able to look ahead to that next cycle/donor! Maybe this is "the one"!

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM

Hey ladies~ Sorry to be away so long.

Escher~ I'm so sorry the magic opk cycle didn't work, that's SO disappointing, especially at Christmas time.  Good luck with the new donor.  I know that's not what you always want to think about, but sometimes 'getting back on the horse' is the only thing we can do'.  

Starling~ Biggest hugs for you too.  I agree an IVF bfp must be a different kind of painful.  

Graceie~ We never did anything special other than some pineapple the last two cycles.  I agree that taking the charts in to the doctor are a good idea.

Scarlett~ SO EXCELLENT to see you last night!!!  I hope you still got to have a good day today. Hope to see you next summer. Let's go to the softball games!

Isa~ I'm sorry you're feeling discouraged.  Have you managed to hold off testing? It's not easy later in the wait, though can be worth it if you can't you can't stand looking at the potential blank spots.

Max~ Hope you're surviving your family!  My mom's about to drive me crazy too!  

AFM~ Had a lot of family, and a LOT of food the last few days, now I'm back at home hanging out in my gorgeously re-covered rocking chair, planning on doing as much nothing as possible for the remainder of the day.  I might have to take a shower later, but then it's straight back into my pajamas. 

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 12-28-2010, 10:08 AM

Crosspost Scarlett~ Thanks for the compliments on my enormous bump. I have a few photos I'll post later.  It was great to meet you for real~ and thanks for sharing your fried pickles!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 12-28-2010, 10:28 AM

So sorry about the BFNs starling and escher.  greensad.gif  And starling, how frustrating your clinic was closed!  Grr!

AFM - still overjoyed and terrified.  Our next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks, and our last one was just the 2nd beta.  My only symptoms are a severe lack of energy (but I am also taking care of a four month old who hates napping) and an aversion to sweets (I usually love sweets).  But no nausea, no breast tenderness (nips are sore though).  I do have periodic mild cramping... it freaks me out that I'm not feeling more.  I'm 5 weeks 3 days... and everything I've read says that it's normal to not feel pregnant this early.  Still, and I never thought I'd say this, I'd feel a whole lot better with some nausea up in here!  The TTC process was so nerve-wracking - I didn't realize the pregnancy part would be too.  Trying my best to stay positive and calm....

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 AM

5G~  I hear you!  After all the sturm und drang trying to actually get pregnant, I spent the first few months wishing I actually FELT pregnant. I hope all goes well, though, happily and healthily forward xo

Old 12-28-2010, 11:51 AM

Starling - Ugh! So sorry to hear your news. For me, the thought of IVF is an almost guarantee. The heartbreak of a BFN for you is triple the heartbreak. grouphug.gif

Gracie - As Scarlett says, the combination of the charting, tempting, cervical mucous, and cervical position are all things you can do at home with very little cost. If you're able to do it $$$ aspect, then ultrasound and trigger are the way to go. You can pinpoint follicles and timing it's much easier to narrow down the process. As someone who has done all of the above, there's still a bit of luck needed. You may have said this before but my brain is still on vacation, are you using a KD or a bank?

Scarlett - You mentioned NOTHING about fried pickles in this Library get together. Now, I am VERY jealous. This southern girl will travel for a fried pickle. Hehehe! I am debating whether or not to test on my birthday or if I'll wait until the new year. The birthday will be 10dpo, and that's still early, so I am going to try and wait. Then again, who wants to start the NY with a bfn? Oh the decisions.

Library - Yes! Post those baby bumps. I hear it's to die for! And good luck with the shower and pj's. I don't have a baby bump, yet, still have a hard time taking a shower and getting out of my pj's daily. (Insert lazy woman here.)

Escher - Bleh for throwing in the towel. Maybe a new donor is exactly what you need! Which bank do you use?

AFM - Today is 6dpo, and time has actually gone by fairly fast. My experiment to track the Ovidrel in my system was a complete bust. I tested the first two days afterward, but when both showed BNF, I gave up. The last two nights, I've had CRAZY dreams about babies. Last night, I was preggo with triplets, but lost one of the babies. It was so real as if I was at the u/s appts and everything. The night before, I was only preggo with 1 baby and I could choose if I wanted a boy or girl. WEIRD, I know. I hope the dreams are a sign of something wonderful yet to come.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

Old 12-28-2010, 11:57 AM

bank and debating between iui and home insem leaning toward iui with a midwife/ND . defiantly going over my charts with her

Old 12-28-2010, 12:03 PM

2ez~ Wow, what dreams!! I've been dreaming crazy, vivid things too, but it's always interesting, like a new movie every night.  I'm glad the wait's going quickly for you, I hope it's got the best news at the end.

And yeah, the fried pickles were awesome. biggrinbounce.gif

Old 12-28-2010, 12:08 PM

have you tried rolling a peace of lunch meat around them pre frying ? thats what I did during my last preg so good and diped them in choclate ice cream

Old 12-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Well, the nurse called me back from the clinic and advised me to stay on the meds, told me where to get them at short notice (across the city) and to poas this morning as I wouldn't be able to do the blood test today because of being at work for the better part of 14 hours.  Drove across town to get the meds, continued to take them through yesterday, then poas this am and got a total bfn.  Decided "screw this" and opted to stop the spooge pills, in hopes of bringing on my cycle.  I managed to get dispatch to let me put the ambulance down for a few minutes this morning so that I could get the hcg test done.  Went into the lab in my uniform, took a number (super busy due to holiday closures) and then quietly told the admin nurse that the city was down one ambulance so long as I was there waiting.  She scooted me in ahead of everyone, likely because my radio was squawking loudly about car accidents and diabetic emergencies and broken limbs.

I just want to get this last cycle started.  I'm not feeling positive about it at all, which is probably better for my heart than having it crushed again.

We want to do right by the embryos, and so will go through one more cycle with the last two embies.  I'll be much more cautious this time and I won't test until I'm two weeks.  Feel free to remind me that I made that statement when the time comes.  If it even does.  These last two are of the lowest quality and may not even survive the thaw. 

I'm okay with it, but just want to know the shape of things to come.

Can't do personals right now, we're up car at the station and my pager will go off any second.  Just wanted to drop in and update.  I can't remember who was talking about surrogates and adopting other embryos and such with regards to this being our last shot, but it's not the done thing up here in Canada because it's illegal to exchange any money for anything to do with human reproduction.  We were the first in Canada to do a known embryo 'adoption.'

And that's why most of our donor sperm comes from the US, because dudes up here aren't allowed to get paid for spurting into a cup. 

Must run! 

Love to all!

xo

ps.  Sign me up for fried pickles!  Pregant or not, those sound GOOD!

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 12-28-2010, 12:44 PM

Yay! You’re all back!  It was lonely around here for a minute! joy.gif

Escher—Sounds like it’s the right time, although I’m sorry to say it.  I hope the new guy is the one!

Gracie—the idea of temporary tattoos cracks me up!  We could buy them in bulk!  Sorry to hear that this cycle is off—next time there won’t be holidays to mess things up!  How long is your cycle usually? Maybe you’ll get one more in before you try in Feb?

Scarlett and Library—Fried pickles are my DP’s favorite food.  There’s a bbq place in north Florida that she will try anything to get to for their fried pickle spears--last time we were driving by it was too early, so we sat outside and waited for it to be 10 am, when it opened, so she could have them before we drove to IL.  eat.gif

5G—I’m finding your lack of symptoms very reassuring to me, although I can imagine that it isn’t helpful for you.  I keep having little conversations with myself about how it would be just great if I could start feeling sick and puking every day for the next three months or so, just to know where I stand.  I’m sure that’s the kind of thing you take back quickly if it ever does happen, though.

2EZ—Sounds like something’s going on in there!  I hope the dreams mean something good!

Starling—well, that’s one way to cut in line!  I’m sorry that you got another BFN, and that you need to try it again.  hug2.gif  I can understand the desire to honor the embryos, whether they become children or not.  It’s just awful that you can’t just know one way or the other from the start.  

AFM—oddly, now I do feel pregnant.  Seems to come in waves, that.  I haven’t tested yet, but I think tomorrow I might do it, even if it is negative.  If it is, I’ll wait until either AF comes or doesn’t—one test per cycle seems reasonable, since last time I could have done no tests if I’d waited an extra hour.   

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivegrandbaby View Post

So sorry about the BFNs starling and escher.  greensad.gif  And starling, how frustrating your clinic was closed!  Grr!

AFM - still overjoyed and terrified.  Our next appointment isn't for another 2 weeks, and our last one was just the 2nd beta.  My only symptoms are a severe lack of energy (but I am also taking care of a four month old who hates napping) and an aversion to sweets (I usually love sweets).  But no nausea, no breast tenderness (nips are sore though).  I do have periodic mild cramping... it freaks me out that I'm not feeling more.  I'm 5 weeks 3 days... and everything I've read says that it's normal to not feel pregnant this early.  Still, and I never thought I'd say this, I'd feel a whole lot better with some nausea up in here!  The TTC process was so nerve-wracking - I didn't realize the pregnancy part would be too.  Trying my best to stay positive and calm....

5G: Come on over to Q&P!  I'm sure that others could reassure you about the lack of symptoms.  I've had almost none, except for feeling unusually tired. I do have breast swelling and tenderness  and have to pee a lot.  But that's it.  No m/s at all...yet.  Try to hang in there.  Will they do an u/s at your next appt?  That is usually reassuring.  Most reassuring is the lack of AF!  I'm sure everything is just fine; try to enjoy this moment.  You'll be unambiguously preggo before you know it! 

Starling and Escher: grouphug.gif Big hugs to you both.  Starling, are you really as zen about the second child thing as you sound?  I can't imagine having one shot left.  Is there anything you can do to help yourself feel more positive?  Massage, retreat, a cycle off, etc?  I'm thinking of you.  Escher: new donors are exciting!  Good luck with the new dude.

Isa:  Good luck with the testing!  Exciting that you feel preggo today!

Hang in there, everybody, and happy New Year!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:30 PM

starling good luck with the last two little guys

yes I cant temp for the life of me its all over the place Ive been doing OPKs and CM it worked last cycle this cycle no signs of O errrrr

Old 12-28-2010, 08:47 PM

Library-- Dude you *TOTALLY* busted me on the fried pickles. I am NOT the pregnant one and should NOT be eating friend pickles and ranch dressing for dinner. HOWEVER, they were amazing. 

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
Old 12-29-2010, 02:23 PM

Starling- Big hugs to you! hug2.gif I’m glad you finally went in for the test.

5G
- Sending you some positive vibes as you wait. I can see your point, how frustrating to not be feeling some of those things. Maybe mid-pregnancy you will look back and feel a little grateful that it was calm at the beginning? shrug.gif Good to hear from you.

Scarlett
and Library- How cute that you two had a little get together!

PrettyIsa- fingersx.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 12-29-2010, 02:32 PM

5g hope your start vomiting soon ( how often do you get to say er type that ? ) one of my freinds is die any day now and has had no pregnacy syptoms what so ever exept back pain na dsuch later totaly healthy so I wouldnt worry just becuse of that but I hear you on those first trimester worryes its a scary time hang in there and hang in there little bean

scarrlet there is always times for fried pickles always regardless of pregant status and this is coeming from a girl who rarely eats prossesed foods

afm still no pos opk or sign from CM Im wondering if i skiped O this month or just didnt notice with famly stress anyways had a tiny teary fit last night over it and worrys about charting and such if I had a unlimited budget I would just insem everyday twice  a day during peack fertile times ha ha I wish

Old 12-29-2010, 08:07 PM

Hey ladies~ Too tired to get personal. Had my immediate family down for dinner and DP cooked a fantastic meal, but is now tired and grumpy and oh so fun to deal with (um, I'm tired too! Just sayin!!)  But we did have a great time washing and sorting and putting away the millions of baby clothes my cousin gave us, so that was nice.  All holiday obligations are now fulfilled. I think tomorrow we're going to the movies and just relaxing for the rest of the week. 

Who's testing next? We need another bfp!!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 PM

Graceie - How long have you been doing OPK's and TTC? Which donor bank are you using? We're using Midwest, and have a wonderful donor. This month his counts were 34.5 million with 46% motile.

Library - Fun on the baby clothes! That's very exciting. Do you gals have the nursery ready yet? And I can't recall, but are you doing an at home birth?

AFM - I incorrectly posted wrong the dpo last time. Tomorrow will be 8dpo, not 10. Oops. I am on day 3 of my progesterone pills, which makes me eat EVERYTHING within a mile radius. lurk.gif I swear I feel my thighs growing with every bite. I keep having weird, weird cramps, almost like a burning feeling. Most occur on my right side, and have been happening for about 3 days. I had the same thing last month, so I am not expecting anything. Of course, I notice every little cramp, pain, or flutter. We're having friends come tomorrow for the New Year. I'll probably wait until Jan 3 (12dpo) to test as I don't want to ruin New Year first thing.

I have a question for all you preggos out there. How many of you actually felt implantation or had bleeding? Just curious.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

Old 12-29-2010, 08:27 PM

libraiy hope you get some good sleep

2ez Im doing the first cycle in feb just starting to feel really stressed over the whole charting thing figureig out the timeing what if it doesnt work how much am I willing to spend god this is complicated thing . useing NW crobank

Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:

I have a question for all you preggos out there. How many of you actually felt implantation or had bleeding? Just curious.

I had no bleeding at all but did start feeling cramping on 8dpo that lasted for several weeks.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:27 AM

2ez, no implantation bleeding for me either... cramping from about 10dpo that lasted a couple of weeks. the rest of the Sx started 12dpo after my positive beta came back. good luck!

go, team, go! [insert pom-pom smilie here] i'm cheering everyone on... love.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 12-30-2010, 08:35 AM

Hey EZ--you know what's funny?  I miscalculated mine this month, too.  I had been thinking that today would be 13DPO and that this cycle was freakishly short (for me).  But some old-fashioned finger counting math later, and I think that today is actually only 11DPO.  Which is good, because my test yesterday was a BFN.  DP and I got really sad about it, but then all day I had these weird feelings in my stomach.  Not cramps, exactly, just kind of--full?  Heavy?  Like I can't bend over all the way because something's there?  It's strange. 

So...hope springs eternal.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:56 AM

prettyisa good luck !  hopeing you get a bfp soon

2EZ with my fist I felt some cramping an a werid tight feeling like someone put a tennis ball in my pelivies plus bloating a nausea during the first few weeks

Old 12-30-2010, 09:39 AM

2ez~ No home birth for me, but the nursery is coming along nicely. We have to have a handyman replace the plaster ceiling before we can paint, but we've picked a lovely shade of green, called Gleeful.  I got motivated the other day and moved the books (mostly old diaries, books about writing, etc) to the shelves in our bedroom where I had a lot of children/ya books, and moved those into the baby's room, so that's nice. Our friend is bringing us a crib soon, and that'll feel really real!    Also, I had implantation cramps on 12-13 dpo, HARD, period style cramps, but no blood. They just lasted those two days but were followed by almost embarrassing amounts of lotiony cm.  

Slept for crap, woke up at 4, now have to drive my drunko sister back to OKC to my mom's. Hope the day improves...

User Tag List