Queer & Pregnant: December & January - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 318 Old 01-30-2011, 11:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes :) The twins are here and they are both 100% healthy :)

DP had a 9 hour spontaneous birth... but a painful one because the epi only worked on one side of her body... :-( But she is recovering now.

Here are some pics :)

Charlie is in the yellow with pink stripes hat and Chloe is on the pink one :)

(pics didnt work... see in my profile :)

Coco

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#302 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 AM

Coco, congratulations!broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif These guys were excited, too.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#303 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 AM

Whooo hooo!!! They're beautiful!!!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#304 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 07:49 AM

Hi Everyone! And congratulations Coco and DP!!!!

Baby Girl T was born at 5:43 am yesterday! 6lbs, 9oz, 19 inches.

Warning: harrowing birth story. (Short version)

My water broke at 9am on Friday, but labor didn't start. I was given Cervidil at about 7pm, but it didn't do much. I was started on Pitocin around 4pm on Saturday. Contractions on Pit are awful, and Nubain didn't help at all. I quickly went to an epidural.

For the next 12 hours, they kept turning up the Pitocin and trying to help me dilate, which was slow going. They said that my water broke before my body was ready. The epi "wore off" a few times and had to be turned up a number of times. I have never, ever, experienced so much pain. Ladies, I don't want to scare anyone, and do recognize that this was not a typical birth, but the pain was excrutiating. If you end up needing Pitocin, don't wait on the epidural!!!

By around midnight on Saturday I was pushing. I pushed for nearly 4 hours, and then got the worst news: the baby had turned up and couldn't make it past my pubic bone. After being head down and in "perfect birth position" since 27 weeks, she turns up at the last minute!!! In that position, the widest part of her head was trying to pass through the most narrow part of my pelvis, and it just wouldn't happen. We tried pushing in a number of different positions (even with my numb legs) but nothing changed. After 4 hours of pushing, many hours of Pit, and nearly 48 hours after my water breaking, I had to have a C-section.

Now, when we first checked in, the first thing I told the OB was "no matter what, I don't want a C-section." But there was no alternative. At that point, I was in so much pain and so exhausted that I was afraid I wouldn't even bond with the baby. But when they took her out and she started to cry, we both started to cry and I absolutely did love her and bond with her instantly.

Now she's doing great and, thankfully, nursing pretty well. I can't believe she's only a day old! I love her like she's always been a part of me.

I'm recovering well at this point, and the nurses at this birth center are fantastic!!! What a blessing to have them.

I'm trying to attach a pic - hopefully it works! And I hope I didn't scare anyone too much. Please know that this is not a typical birth story and that things might have gone a whole lot easier for me if I didn't insist on avoiding a C for so long.

Thanks so much for all your ELVs (LOL) and good thoughts and warm wishes! Lots of love to everyone!

TK1.jpg

justrose13 likes this.

stork-girl.gif She's here! She's here! She's here!
Baby Girl T - January 30, 2011
6lbs, 9oz   19inches
#305 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 08:04 AM

korey! congrats, mama! she's beautiful!!! you did good. i'm so glad that everything went well, sorry you had to suffer through that pain. you did what had to be done and that's all there is to it. enjoy every blissful moment with your li'l girl!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#306 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 08:20 AM

BABIES!!!  What great news - three healthy babies and and a bunch of healthy mamas in one weekend!!!  CONGRATULATIONS!! 

Korey, if it's any consolation - you aren't alone.  Your little one's birth sounds  a lot like my sons birth.  Just about everything went the opposite of what we had planned for and imagined.  And now here we are 3 years later with the happiest, healthiest little guy ever.  What I'm saying is that they might not always arrive in the world the way we had wished, but the incredible live that follows makes that harrowing time pale in comparison.  So big hugs to you. 

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#307 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 12:12 PM

What beautiful babies you folks have. Congrats Korey and Coco!

#308 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 02:06 PM

Congratulations to Coco and Korey!!  Awesome job, mamas!

Coco: 9 hours of labor and a vaginal birth for twins?!  Holy moly--so happy for all FOUR of you!

Korey (Sorry, Burg!): Though I didn't have a c-section, I didn't get the birth I'd envisioned or hoped for, either.  I'm totally with Cejae on the birth receding in importance as you get to know your growing child.  But I'd also say that for many women, it is also important to let yourself mourn for the pain and disappointment of the birth you got.  Of course the baby's and your own health matter most, but a really difficult birth experience can be hugely disappointing and potentially an obstacle to a comfortable transition to parenting if not attended to as needed. So if you need to, I hope you can let yourself experience some loss along with the incredible gift of your daughter in arms.  The bittersweet nature of this will shift over time as you get to know your little love.  Best wishes.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#309 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats Korey!! She is beautiful love.gif Wishing you and DP all the best!! Your story wasn't scary to me because I read Lyndzies months ago- similar progression but much more terrifying detail. I am glad that I read it though because I now feel a little prepared. Thank you for sharing your story! 

Ahope- I think you got Korey and I mixed up again...

AFM- I am scheduled to be induced on Thursday night and my Dr. thinks she will be born sometime late Friday or early Saturday. I caved on the induction for reasons that I won't go into great detail on, but a friend had a very difficult birth this week and the baby is not doing well. It is heartbreaking and I just want my baby safe in my arms now. I also am not in a place where I want to challenge anything the Dr. says because I could not forgive myself if something happened, that is just where I am mentally right now. I am not pro unnecessary medical intervention by any means but I have to say that now that that choice has been made, the planner in me is happy to have a date and a game plan. Very excited to meet my little girl!!

J & A together for 6 years love.gif married since 11/09 & so in love with our DD, Reed Kylie born 2/5/11! stillheart.gif
#310 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 04:31 PM

Congrats, Korey.  She's absolutely beautiful.  Welcome to the world Little Baby T!  And, thank you for sharing your story.  I know the birth didn't go as you had planned and I have high hopes that you'll be able to make peace with that.

Burg, I have my fingers crossed for a most excellent labour and birth for you this week.  You're making what you believe is the best decision for yourself and your baby girl and that deserves to be totally supported.  Keep us posted on her arrival...and even better, if you post a pic!!!

Who is next?  Is it Wehrli and I???  Any other babies due in February or March?

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#311 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM

Burg, yay for having a plan! Good luck with the induction... I'm sure it'll be fine. Induction doesn't automatically = bad and who knows, maybe she'll arrive before it's even needed!

Gumshoe, Beastie is up next... But then it's us! Yikes! orngbiggrin.gif (speaking of which, where are you, beastie? And how are you doing?)

Hey, library... Your not far behind us!!! joy.gif

So it's the last day of January and burg is about to belong to the "queer and newborn" thread so we need a new thread keeper and a shiny new thread! (I hope you don't mind my asking the group for you, burg, but I figured you had plenty of better things on your mind wink1.gif)

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#312 of 318 Old 01-31-2011, 05:45 PM

Coco!! Korey!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!  Korey, I'm sorry it didn't go as planned, but you and the baby are healthy and together and what else could matter but that!?

Coco~ I'm glad your girls got motivated before Monday, that's just fabulous! They are so adorable, I'll bet they're like magic to hold.

I'll write more soon, but I just wanted to catch up and squeal with excitement at the amazing new women in our world. Well done mamas!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#313 of 318 Old 02-01-2011, 08:55 AM

Welcome Babies!!! joy.gif
Congrats to Coco, Korey and partners I hope that you are enjoying your babymoon smile.gif

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#314 of 318 Old 02-01-2011, 11:02 AM

Hi all: Joining your board as I just received a positive blood test reading today from my doctor for my first BFP. My partner and I have been trying for 9 months (11 tries) and hit it using two fresh KDs in one cycle on at home inseminations (ha, ha to the IVF doc that said I really needed to do IUIs!).

My beta is just 28 and I will have to go back for the doubling test on Thursday. I think I was 14DPO when I took the test (yesterday) but FF seems to want me to be at 10DPO when I took the test.

Of course, I'm panicked. I've never been pregnant before and every little symptom has me worried it's going to be chemical because of my age (38). I knew at the least, I would be welcomed over here to do a little obsessing and get a little reassurance from the experts!

EDD: October 11, 2011

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#315 of 318 Old 02-01-2011, 11:16 AM

Welcome Krista smile.gif So glad to see you here! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months joy.gif

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#316 of 318 Old 02-01-2011, 11:27 AM

Krista~ Welcome!!  October seems like a good time to have a baby. You'll have a cute bump for the summer sundress weather, but won't be too hot when you're enormous and cranky ;)    Nothing will stop you worrying (I think we have to worry or else we're not good moms) but I'm older than you and have been pretty problem-free.  I hope it's the same for you. Looking forward to sharing it with you!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#317 of 318 Old 02-01-2011, 11:40 AM

Krista, welcome among us!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#318 of 318 Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 AM

I was so super keen to bring myself one month closer to my EDD that I leaped ahead and started the February and March thread for us over here!!!

Welcome to you, Krista.Welcome.gif  I've added you to the roll call.  And, welcome to parenthood where the worries never cease!  Try, if you can, to take it one day at a time and enjoy where you're at.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page