January Queer Conceptions - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-21-2011, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Scarlett—good to hear from you. I’m sorry about things with your DP, but I hope that the change is a good one in the end, and that you find OKC to be the perfect place for you to land. I’m sure Library will take good care of you!

AMom—don’t get too excited about today’s rise in my temp! I’m getting a cold (DP informs me that it’s my fault for taking the youngun downstairs to the waterpark). I’m going to try… very hard…not. To. Test. We’ll see how that goes. My guess is I’ll give in around Wednesday. How was your insem this morning? It sucks when the signs don’t all line up together—much more frustrating!

Mrs PP—you know, I’ve never actually been there for the brunch. Would you want to meet up there in the next few weeks? I’m gone this weekend but after that I would love an excuse for brunch! It’s the best meal of the week!

Starling—you have the best fridge ever! All beautiful—together and separately! And Esme is gorgeous! As is that embie…

Lise—I have no good advice. I think I’d wait for the OPK because I like to play by the rules (and getting permission makes me feel safer), but it’s a tough call.

Library—I think everyone should set their wii to gain 2lbs per week! Do you think it will yell at you if you don’t achieve your goal?

Indigo—Hi! You’re almost there!

QOTD—I’ve started stopping in at Q+P once in a while, I also look over anything else in the queer parenting section. Sometimes I go over to Babycenter, but not very often since it almost feels like I’m cheating on you all over here (forgive me!). If Offbeat Mama ever get s a forum I’d go over there, too. Mostly I read a lot of blogs and hang out with you lovelies.

AFM—Like I said, sick. Mostly just soreish throat and lots of sneezing/runny nose stuff. I’m hoping it’ll blow over. I’m leaving today for a three day quilting retreat with my mom. It should be interesting—I haven’t met the other ladies and this is the first time they’re bringing any of their (adult) kids. I have a million things to work on, though, so maybe I’ll even finish the weekend with some completed projects! In any case I won’t be back til Sunday night, so please forgive me if I don’t move anyone around until then (Escher, there’s a warm spot for you waiting right at the top of that Graduates section!).

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy conception day, AmandaMom! dust.gif

We just got back from our 12 week scan, and the little one already really looks like a baby and was wriggling all around.  We could see its mouth open and close and the knuckles on both hands.  So amazing!  So...in about ten weeks, AMom, I'm hoping you're doing the same exact thing!

Fingers still crossed tight for PrettyIsa, Starling, Escher, and other tww-ers!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:20 AM

AHope... do we get to see pics??? orngbiggrin.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 01-21-2011, 10:24 AM

Escher, how are you today?  Feeling pregnant?

AmandaMom, how was your insem?

Graceie, that is the one drawback, the lack of diversity among donors. 

AFM, we just ordered sperm for next month.  Always fun.  2 IUI vials, arriving on Feb 10, no signature.  They had a new pic of him up today, not as goofy looking as the old one, which was nice.   

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

AmandaHope: Congratulations on a great scan!

Isa: I'm sorry you're sick! I hope the quilting retreat is great.

Indigo: Not too long now!

Seraf: I hope Ari is feeling better. And congratulations on ordering sperm!

Graceie: I'm sorry you're having issues with your bank. I'm a big fan of TSBC. Let me know if you want more information about it.

Lisedea: Did you do an insem last night? If so, I hope it went well! And if you're doing one today, I hope that one goes well too! I think the first cycle after a miscarriage is really hard, because you want so much for it to work. I hope you're able to get beautiful timing!

Starling: Beautiful picture!

MrsPP: That is a funny dream! Hopefully it means you'll be giving birth soon.

AmandaMom: I hope your insem went well this morning! I have everything crossed that you'll get great news in about two weeks!

AFM: Folks, I am so discouraged. It certainly isn't helping that I'm pretty sure I'm out for this cycle--I got a bfn this morning (12dpo, which my RE says is late enough to consider the test definitive). But even last night I was feeling so hopeless about this process that I got up at 3am and spent an hour researching local adoption agencies. I just can't believe that I've spent enormous amounts of time and money and energy ttc and yet I'm no closer to having a baby than I was a year ago. And the progesterone makes me feel bad (and seems to get worse every cycle) so I'm spending half of each month feeling sick. I know it doesn't really matter, but this was the last cycle where I could have been pregnant before the due date of the baby I miscarried (2/11/11), and I was just hoping that somehow it would happen. So you can all be glad that you only know me on the internet and not in real life, because I am not a bundle of joy today.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 01-21-2011, 11:13 AM

escher, i'm so sorry... i'm sending you big hugs. i can imagine how it must feel to be coming up to the would-have-been-due-date of your m/c cycle and not be pregnant. back in december i was having a hard time because that was the would-have-been-due-date of my m/c cycle and i was thinking about how hard it would have been if i weren't pg yet. but by no means, do i mean to rub it in your face (that i'm pg), all's i mean is that i can try and empathize with you... my heart is seriously broken for your right now. please take care of yourself during this difficult time. hug2.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 01-21-2011, 11:30 AM

Escher~ Biggest of hugs from me too. hug2.gifBFNs are always hard, but I can't imagine factoring in the would-have-been-due-date concept. I'm still going to hold out hope for this cycle, but I'm really feeling for you and your despair at this moment. xoxoxox  I do like that you're researching adoption options.  What did you learn?

Isa~ So sorry you're sick!  Especially since you're about to go on a quilting retreat~ how fun!!!   Send us some pix of your handiwork. And drink lots of juice!

AHope~ Eeeeeeeee! for ultrasound pix of wiggling little babies!  When we had our 12 week I couldn't believe how much she was flipping and jumping around. It's amazing, and I'm so glad to know your little'un is whole and healthy.  Do post the pix if you can!

Seraf~ Yay for sperms! And I'm glad the dude's looking less goofy.  What were the reasons you chose him above the others?

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 01-21-2011, 11:30 AM

Escher, hug2.gifIf i knew you in real life, I'd still be giving you hugs online, because of all the snow.  I'm sorry you're having such a hard time.  My last 12 day negative broke my heart, too.  If you were up at 3, is that when you tested?  So was your urine all concentrated and stuff?  Regarding adoption, well, you already know where I am on that, but I want to remind you that you took a LOT of time off after the loss, so it's not like you tried 9 times since.  You did get pregnant once, so you can again.

EditedToAdd:Library, I picked him above all others because he was half price.  He seems really sweet on paper.  I don't have many criteria beyond fertility.  He's smart, they're all smart.  He's cute, they're all cute.  He has no history of mental illness, they all have no history of mental illness.  He has no allergies.  He is confirmed fertile.  He is ID release.  Sounds like a winner to me.  I have no real way to pick a donor anyway.  Osha's donor was picked because he worked at a job that demonstrated coordination.  I lack coordination, so he was a winner (of course, it seems to have been recessive).  Ari's donor is a friend, cute, way sweet, and generous.  Whichever guy works this time around will thrill me.

Old 01-21-2011, 12:14 PM

Seraf~ I agree, sounds like a winner. And yeah, in a way they're all the same. And it's not like we're trying to find someone to date. I wanted someone tall (over 6 feet) to counteract my hobbit genes, one of they guys happened to be half Portuguese, like, DP, and he was ID release. Score!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 01-21-2011, 12:30 PM

Library: I wanted someone tall, too.  The men in my family run pretty short.  The donor is 6'3'', so that should inject some height into the family genes! 

Escher: grouphug.gif

I posted ultrasound pics over at Q&P.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:01 PM

Escher - Soooo sorry. I join everyone in sending you hug2.gif. It is so frustrating, especially on the months 'we just know' it's going to happen. I feel your pain.

Graceie - Yuck! Better luck on the sperm bank. Very frustrating. I am curious, how old are you? And how old is DS?

Seraf - I LOVED reading about how you pick the donor. I think we've put waaaaay too much thought into ours, but that was my doing. I am obsessive. Ha! I know I am not as detailed as 'some', but I am pretty set on a few things. Eyes for me was an absolute must - blue. My eyes are blue and my grandmother's were blue. (We're the only two in the family. She was my rock, so I MUST carry that on as best as I can.) But, I am to the point where if he has sperm, I am all for it! biglaugh.gif

AmandaMom - Hope all went well with your insem.

AFM - Snow day, and DS is driving me up the wall. Plus, DP's family is coming tonight. Ugh! Her mom drives her nuts, which drives me nuts. Thank goodness I've already visited the liquor store. I have wine for them and wine for me! Cheers!

I had an u/s yesterday on what was supposed to be cd18, but turned out to be cd3. The tech said I had 2 cysts on my left ovary (the good follicle producing ovary), and nothing on my right ovary, which is typical. My uterus is thin of course, due to it being cd3. And now for the fun part....the doctor's office called this morning and asked me to take an OPK test, which I did - low/negative. The nurse called back and said the doctor thinks my AF this week "isn't really' a cycle" and that my real cycle was two weeks ago. I told them this time was more like my normal, not two weeks ago. She wants me to OPK until Monday, and if I get a positive, then she'll do IUI. If not, then she wants me to have an u/s on Tuesday. The best part is the deoc says the 2 "cysts" are follies 14 & 15, not cysts. Pure confusion and matter of opinion I guess. From there...who knows? I've quit trying to figure this process out. I am going into robot mode - and will do whatever they tell me. irked.gif

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

Old 01-21-2011, 01:46 PM

Good afternoon!

starling - I love your fridge photos - that embie is beautiful and Esme is a little doll! So cute. 

lisedea - yes, there are definitely in depth! I think we may have finally narrowed it down - the one I told you via email is actually leaving the program so we are going to pick someone else. What did you end up doing last night? I would have said to go for it if it felt right to you! I think the power of three vials will be on your side no matter what! Fingers crossed!!!

Isa - YES! Let's do it! How about one day next weekend - the 29th or 30th. Would your DP like to come too? I'm sure Nicki would want to join as well. Any other Chicago or close to Chicago ladies should join us! I also wanted to talk to you a little bit about Howard Brown. CWHC is great but now that we have decided to go at it at home, it seems silly to stay in their program. If you do it at home they are basically just "on-call" for you if you run into problems or have questions. The cost of that? $200 a month! We just think it's an unnecessary expense. If I have questions I will come ask you ladies! The only downside about leaving them is that we still need someone to sign off on the authorization forms for Joanne. So I guess my question for you is - are you in a "program" with them? Do you think they would just sign the papers so I can do it at home? Nicki called and left a message but I thought I would ask you too. I think if we try at home a couple times without success we would go to Howard Brown instead of going back to CWHC. 

I'm sorry you're sick! But your quilting weekend sounds fun - do you know how to knit? I've been looking for someone to teach me....winky.gif Also, your chart is looking good!!!

escher - hug2.gif I am so sorry that you are feeling discouraged today. I am still holding out hope too - maybe the bfp is just around the corner! Thinking of you a lot today. Big hugs.

Ez - Whoa! That's crazy! I hope everything gets figured out soon. Robot mode sounds like the way to go!

AFM - just trying to figure out if we are going to leave our current clinic. After finding out they charge $200 a month just to be on call we are looking at other options. The donor selection is also in full swing once again. It seems like every time I find someone I love, he is either not available anymore, is leaving the program or not recommended for at home insems. We have narrowed it down once again but I am terrified he won't be available when the time comes. Maybe I will just tell Joanne to surprise me! Funny for the day - you know that website http://damnyouautocorrect.com? When I asked DP what she said in a voicemail to a clinic I got back this gem: "We're looking for a physician to authorize the release of sperm for an artificial Ibsen" lol.gif

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

Old 01-21-2011, 02:06 PM

Hello ladies its been a fews days. Geting ready to pick up my swimmers to get ready for Sunday & Monday!!! We are sooooooooooo nervous to insem energy.gifdust.gifAnybody else inseming the same days?goodvibes.gifhere some baby dust for everyone ttc dust.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
Old 01-21-2011, 02:44 PM

escher ... I'm so sorry that you're feeling so discouraged, and that your heart is so tender with regards to your lost baby's upcoming due date.  How hard.  How very, very hard on your heart and your soul and your brain and your spirit.  I'm sending you a ton of hugs through the ethernet.  I'll even hug the computer on your behalf ... wait ... okay.  Hugged the computer and pretended it was you.  Never done that before. 

isa ... I'm looking forward to your poas results! 

ez ... Robot mode, indeed.  How flibberflabulatingly confusing.

Ahope ... I'm so glad that your u/s went well.  Yay for the second trimester!  Sex gets better again!  Whoo hoo!

As for our fridge ... thanks for the pic compliments!  We've added the little fairy charm that we always take with us to the RE.  She's hanging right over the embryo pic now.  I can see that embie everyday, and it actually helps.  I'm still bizarrely content about this cycle, and whatever comes of it.  I think this last failed cycle just reinforces to me what a miracle Esmé is. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 01-21-2011, 04:08 PM

QOTD- I do not read any other forums, I barely have time for this one but I love it so much! I tried The Bump when I first started TTC but it just wasn't happening so I forgot all about it. I don't feel like I want or need any other forums right now. redface.gif

MissScarlett-
hug2.gif

AmandaMom- dust.gif

MrsPP- It is not weird to rub your belly but perfectly normal. With my limping around on my leg that is newly healed I often hold my belly while I'm walking, sort of like a penguin waddle. I've even started wearing some pregnancy clothing, just big shirts and baggy pants. Also, your clinic does sound too expensive. Mine charges nothing extra for the weekends.

Lisedea- If you have three vials, I would do one now. Wait for another positive sign then the second then 12-24 hours later the third. (my opinion)

Starling- Yay for pictures! That is so awesome as you stated on your fridge!

Library- You can't do the body test when you are pregnant! Just play the games and leave that stupid part for after the baby. winky.gif

Gracie- We had to switch sperm banks due to some complications. I hope you figure it out.

PrettyIsa- A weekend getaway sounds like the perfect way to spend part of the TWW.

AmandaHope
- Do you have any photos of the u/s?

Escher- grouphug.gif Aw, I am so sorry you are getting a BFN still, that is so hard during the TWW. I know after spending this much time and money TTC that it can feel so devastating. Is there something special you can do for your self right now that is really gentle, relaxing, and fun?

2ez- Wow, what a weird cycle. Have you read about women ovulating multiple times a cycle? Maybe that is what's going on with you. Apparently our 28 day cycle knowledge is just modern medicine trying to make nature seem reliable. I hope you get catch those eggs with the IUI!

Mami- We will be inseam buddies! dust.gif

AFM- Well, we had the u/s today and I have two big follicles still and some others around 10-13, my RE said she wanted to offer a suggestion of doing an IUI this cycle and if it doesn't take she wants to do add a different medicine that will help all my follies grow at the same time. I agreed to do it. So, we are holding off on IVF and doing a regular IUI this Sunday morning. DP will give me my HCG trigger shot tonight. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this IUI is the one, that way I get my IVF money back! goodvibes.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 01-21-2011, 04:34 PM

Escher hugs hang cry pout and scream all you want

Library I hope you rock your new wii fit goals

2ez I am 23 ds is now 8 months
Afm. I'm done with my sperm bank temper tantrum and moving on I also met with my favorite midwife today that always feels good

Old 01-21-2011, 04:35 PM

MrsPP - Interesting dream... I can't believe Sarah Palin was there coaching you! biglaugh.gif I wish you the best of luck in choosing your donor. I know it can be a challenge.

Starling - I love the pic of your embryo! It's a tiny miracle! What a great tool for visualization. Fingers crossed for you! fingersx.gif

Lise - Did you get that positive OPK? Good luck catching that egg! thumb.gif

Library - I had to laugh at your Wii calling you a morbidly obese 50 year old. Sorry. orngbiggrin.gif

seraf - I hope Ari is feeling better! Glad to hear your donor is looking less goofy these days. lol.gif I like your criteria.

Isa - I can't help but get excited about your high temps! Okay, maybe it's because you're sick, but I think it's because you're pregnant. I hope you feel better, though! The quilting retreat sounds like a good time. Have fun!

AmandaHope - I saw your u/s pictures. What a beautiful baby! How thrilling that must have been. Does Zoe want a little brother or a little sister?

Escher - Many, many hugs your way. hug2.gif Please don't get discouraged. You got pregnant once; you will get pregnant again. I promise! grouphug.gif

2ez - I'm sorry your cycle is all wacky. Hopefully your doc is right, and you'll be inseminating soon. Follies are better than cysts. Robot mode sounds like a good way to go right now.

Mami - Baby dust dust.gif for Sunday and Monday!

Max - Hooray for upcoming inseminations! joy.gif I'm sure you'll get your IVF money back, and you can spend it on maternity clothes. I'm glad we'll be 2WW buddies. blowkiss.gif

AFM, the insem this morning went well. I even wore my lucky socks. Well, I deemed them my lucky socks this morning. It's a pair with shamrocks all over them that I picked up in Ireland. My RE mentioned since there are two lucky socks, I will be delivering two babies. Yes! Twins! twins.gif DP and I joked about naming one of them Clover. I think it's actually kind of cute! And for the first time ever, my nurse talked about what we do after a positive HPT: a blood test, a follow-up beta, and checking progesterone levels. She seems very optimistic, which I'm taking as a sign. Now I just have to hold off testing...

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
Old 01-21-2011, 07:11 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. We ended up not doing it yesterday because I just didn't feel right about it--even with being as nervous as I was/am. I took a test today and even though it wasn't positive, it was MUCH darker than what it has been--I think it will be positive tomorrow. WIth that said, we are going to do our first insem tonight (oh, in about 30 minutes smile.gif) and then wait for the positive to do the other two. Even though this is later than the last cycle I tracked, I realized when looking back that I have had my surge in the past on the 16th day instead of the 14th. I so hope this works....but need to be realistic.

Escher--I'm so sorry! greensad.gif It WILL happen!

Seraf-- I love the way you pick your donors...sounds familar. smile.gif

ez--Wow!! just reading that confused me. I hope you get a positive in time! An IUI sounds like a good idea...smile.gif

MrsPP--Funny, when I earlier wasn't sure which of my top donors I would get, Midwest DID tell me that it might end up that I would "just be surprised". I actually kinda liked that game.smile.gif

Max and Mami--GOOD LUCK!!! We are all in this together...I just a couple of days ahead of you (I think! smile.gif)

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 01-21-2011, 07:31 PM

2ez~ Lordy, your cycle does sound confusing! What a frustrating nightmare! I'm glad your RE can guide you through it, but ugh! Best of luck to you. I'll always keep everything crossed just in case xo

MrsP~ My sweetie knows how to knit~ next time we're in Chicago visiting my sister we'll get together and have a lesson.   Also, WTF about a $200 holding fee?  Leave quickly.   Also, Artificial Ibsen is the name of my new band.  

Mami~ Everything crossed for you!!!  Best of luck this weekend, can't wait for you to test!!!

Starling~ What an excellent attitude you have.  Surely that measure of internal peace has got to be good for conception.  Esme's lucky to have you, and the sibling that will surely come her way. 

Max~ I agree with you about the Bump. I checked out their Q&P board, but they're just not as much fun as we are shy.gif  It's exciting your doc wants to try an IUI cycle. I"m sure you'll get your IVF money back, and we're about two weeks from multiple rounds of the Veggie Boogie.

AMom~ Feel free to laugh, I did!!  I knew it was gonna be bad, but whew!!  And I don't know what could possibly be luckier than shamrock socks from Ireland. you'll have twins indeed!  Paddy and Clover. Can. Not. Wait.

Lise~ Way to trust your instincts. Three insems will do it, I'm just sure of it.   xox

So that's, what, four people in the wait after this weekend? Five?  Yowza!  Good vibes all around!!

AFM~ Good news!  My glucose test came back fine, so I don't have to take the long test and don't have to worry about diabetes. Sweet!! They did say my blood count was low, so I'm going to start taking iron pills, but that won't be so bad.  Ugh. Only had a three day week, but I'm wore out!  TGIF!

Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 PM

Quote:

AmandaHope- Do you have any photos of the u/s?

Max:  Good luck with the IUI!  With two mature follies and a few more that could mature with the trigger, I think you have a really good shot of bypassing IVF entirely.  Good luck!

Lisedea: Your timing and instincts sound really good!  Fingers crossed.

Library: Hooray for good test results and no worries!

As for pics, I posted them over at Q&P, but here are a few, since you asked love.gif.  Sorry they are so big!

sc016b1ab703.jpgsc016b1ab701.jpg

Old 01-22-2011, 04:29 AM

It's the weekend! orngbiggrin.gif

Library: Hooray for a good glucose test! Iron pills don't sound too bad. The adoption information I found makes it seem doable and not any more expensive than this ttc process. But while I think adoption is a great option and may be what we pursue, I don't think I'm ready to switch to that quite yet.

Lisedea: I hope your insems are going well! fingersx.gif

AmandaMom: I'm glad that your insem went well! I bet the lucky socks were exactly what your body needed. fingersx.gif

Max: What an interesting change! It sounds like a good plan, in that you get to try an IUI with some extra meds and if that doesn't work you get more powerful meds to make the ivf super effective. I'll keep my fingers firmly crossed that the IUI works perfectly! fingersx.gif And thanks for the suggestion of looking for something fun and relaxing to do to take care of myself.

Starling: Thanks for hugging your computer for me! innocent.gif I'm glad that you're feeling content with your cycle. That's a nice place to be.

Mami2mami: So soon now! I hope the insems go well! fingersx.gif

MrsPP: The release of sperm for an artificial Ibsen? That's pretty funny! lol.gif

2ez: I'm sorry your doc seems so confused! I hope they figure out what's up soon.

Wehrli: Thanks. It's good to know that I'm not alone in thinking that the due date has a little bit of significance. redface.gif

AFM: Thanks, everyone, for your support. I'm still feeling sad, but I am also feeling more hopeful that it may work at some point. Of the four times I've insemmed since the miscarriage, two of them I only did one IUI, so I know that increasing my number of IUIs may be important. Maybe I need to convince my RE to let me try three IUIs again since that worked the last time I did it. Although I didn't feel like acupuncture was helping, I was doing it when I got pregnant, so maybe I should try that again. And I'm reading Fertility Wisdom and rereading Fully Fertile, Making Babies , and Brill to see what other changes I can make. Hopefully I can figure out what I need to do to make it work.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 01-22-2011, 08:28 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello ladies,

I just want you all to know that i still stalk you all! I check the thread nearly everyday and cheer with the good news, shake my fist at the bad, and laugh at the funnies. I think it would take me 14 years to get through personals

Library your baby belly is adorable, I can't wait to get that big!! Max I love the new pic of you and your DP, anyone ever tell you that you look a big like Alice from L word? I bet not ;)

Seraf and Sara, I would love to see you guys soon! Once it is not freezing and I actually want to leave my

I loved reading everyone's QOTD about their love lives! I am such a nosy nancy.

Life is good here. 14 weeks tomorrow. Can't wait to find out what we are having! I am dying to buy things.

Time to take the man to gymnastics in 4 degree weather! Jealous?

Just wanted to touch base!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 AM

Scarlett : I am so sorry to hear that things didnt work out for your relationship... I dont know if you knew but this little TTC journey was not my first. Three years ago, I TTC in a previous relationship and, in a way, the struggle and stress of TTC brought out the difficulties in our relationship... difficulties that were already there, just not too obvious... but the TTC year was very difficult for me... and eventually, we broke up a few weeks before we were supposed to try for our second IVF. It was very hard to do because breaking up also meant putting TTC on ice in my life... and it made me hesitate for months during which we did our first IVF that failed. And like you said, it made me think that things happen for a reason... Fast forward a few months after breaking up, I met the most wonderful person... much more similar to me in values and beliefs and in how we see life and what we want in life... fast forward a year after that and we were TTC... fast forward a few more months and we got our BFP... and now, the twins are almost here... I hope that this gives you some hope for your own situation :) Be well and take care...

Coco

xxxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

Old 01-22-2011, 11:40 AM

Miz Yellow~ Yay for 14 weeks!  That's a really comforting feeling for sure, and you just feel stronger every day.  Hope you're not too sick. You'll be enormous and bulgy like me in no time.  I hear you about shopping. We've been doing registries and it's even more fun because it's like shopping without paying for anything. Thrift stores are excellent too! More bang for your buck.

Coco~ What a wonderful story. Not wonderful in every aspect, but in its totality. Very reassuring x

AFM~ Hoping to do SOMETHING productive today. Trying not to get sucked into a Buffy marathon, but it's so hard...

Old 01-22-2011, 02:46 PM

Hi, everyone!

I am very, very new to this whole process-- we will be trying to inseminate for the first time sometime next week.  Hopefully...

For now, I have a question that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.  We're going to do an at-home insem with both ICI and IUI frozen sperm (our 'dream' donor only had one vial of ICI left, so we're working with what we can).  We have a bunch of 1 mL syringes.  Will those be small enough to get the sperm out of the vials?  Or do we need a catheter attached to the end?  I've been reading a bunch of conflicting information, and I don't want our first cycle to fail because we can't even load the syringe properly.  eyesroll.gif

Thank you for any help you can provide.  This looks like a great forum, and I look forward to reading more here!  redface.gif

Nicole

Old 01-22-2011, 04:17 PM

NAMW- Welcome! It will depend on the size of your vials and your syringe. Unfortunately you might not find out if it will fit till you have all them in front of you. My dr gave me special syringes that were skinner than the average one. That helped get in there with no needle. If you have an IUI vial I would recommend getting a catheter and reading about at home IUI's. We did them at home. Don't use a speculum for the ICI sperm, it will pull the spermies out. Try to time your insems at least 12 hours or more apart and do the ICI one first. Good Luck! dust.gif

Mami, AmandaMom, and Lisedea- Looks like we are all in the same wait cycle! dust.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 01-22-2011, 04:40 PM

Nicole, I have never seen a 1ml syringe that was too wide.  The barrels of my syringes are 8 mm wide and my vials have an inside diameter of 1 cm (am I the only one who has kept an old vial?  Do I have some kind of hoarding issue?  I used them to show the kids what the sperm comes in).  They fit perfectly all the way to the bottom without overflowing the goods.  Worst case scenario, you can just get a pipette (they have them at craft stores).  Good luck!

Max, how exciting that you may be able to forgo IVF!  I'm thrilled to hear you got eggs this time.

Yellow, yes, when the weather gets better!  We have all been sick over and over and over, so maybe springtime?  You'll be big by then, and hopefully I'll be on my way.

Escher, good luck talking your RE into it.  You're not officially out yet, are you?

I can't remember what else I was going to write.  I think I have what the kids had.  I got so dizzy at work (in the last 10 minutes of my shift) that I had to have Sara come pick me up.  My car is still down there.  Oh well, I guess it's a good think I take my temperature every morning.

Old 01-22-2011, 04:56 PM

Max ... I haven't gotten around to telling you how excited I am that you're able to try it this way before resorting to IVF!  Sending heaps and heaps of baby vibes your way!  dust.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 01-22-2011, 05:15 PM

NAMW~ I'll say welcome, but defer the questions to the more knowledgeable ladies. I never tried it at home.  Fortunately, everyone here is wise and wonderful and will point you in the right direction. Best of luck for you!!

Seraf~ Ugh, hope you're feeling better soon.  

Max~ SO excited for your attempt, and for all the ladies-in-waiting we'll be having soon. Everything crossed.

I've been in a cranky funk all day. Hope it goes away after a good night's sleep...

Old 01-22-2011, 05:16 PM

And where'd my picture go?  Grrrr. I changed it to the foot ultrasound and now it's vanished. grumblegrumblegrumble

User Tag List