January Queer Conceptions - Page 17 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#481 of 594 Old 01-26-2011, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Fellow MWSBers--I read up a little more about the closing on the BabyCenter thread, since they've been freaking out about it over there. Figured I'd share what the consensus is: It looks like it's expected to last about 8 weeks and then they will re-open, hopefully in early April (although there's no date set, so who knows). Apparently if you pre-pay for vials by Monday they will still ship them out while they are closed, except between 2/21 and 3/2 because Joanne will be on vacation. Also at the moment they are out of tanks because there's a wee bit of a run on the bank. The posters over there are calling it Sperm Black Wednesday, which I think is hilarious. But if you're going to need vials later on (ie: not this week) and can prepay for them it looks like you'll still be able to get them. I, of course, will not, because I am pregnant (until proven otherwise) but if I do I'm going to be calling on Monday to order a couple for Feb. We'll be out in March anyway, so at least there's only one month to worry about.

Mami--there's some folk wisdom that eating a whole, fresh pineapple (including the core, one fifth per day) for the first 5 days or so after you insem can help with implantation. I've been doing it, mostly because every time I go to the grocery store at the beginning of the TWW there's a dollar sale on pineapple (Lisedea--do you think I could ship you one? Not that you'll need it, since it sounds like things are already at work in there! smile.gif )

Seraf--I don't know--it all sounds so refreshingly straightforward in some ways.

Library--Jeez, can't you pregnant ladies catch a break? I hope that stopping the iron helps, but that you don't get all droopy again. I liked the idea of you perking up when you started those pills, just like my philodendron...

Indigo--that was such a charming post--I didn't understand a word of it but it reminded me of sitting in a cafe listening to brazilians talking at a table nearby and only catching every fifth word...

Max, Starling, AMom--symptoms? Here's one for you: two brothers of eastern european descent are walking in the forest when a pair of grizzlies jump out of the trees. The larger, male bear quickly devours one of the men. The brother screams for help and is quickly joined by a forest ranger who says, 'which one did it?' The brother, still frazzled, points to the larger bear at which point the ranger turns and shoots the smaller female. 'What?! Why did you do that?' the brother cries. "I said it was the other one!" incredulous, the ranger says, 'I never believe anyone who says the Czech is in the male."

AFM--same ol', same ol'. Actually slightly fewer symptoms than usual, which is giving me all kinds of false hope. Had a nice chat with my insurance, though. Still on our own for the next IUI, but after that it looks like they'll pay for pretty much everything except the sperm itself (and freezing embryos, if we get to that point), so that's reassuring. The nurse who does the preapprovals for fertility stuff is such a sweetie. We even chatted for a while about the Twiblings that have been in the news. Still, I hope that the only other time I have to talk to her is when I call to tell her I'm preggo and don't need approval after all.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#482 of 594 Old 01-26-2011, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So much activity, it's hard to keep up! We need a BFP, people. Someone yell BINGO!!!!

For all of your MWSBanker lovers, if you're choosing and shipping, I encourage you to try out the California Sperm Bank in Berkeley. They're snotty as heck but they have some awesome sperm and they are one of the first to be opened for lesbians specifically (many, many years ago). We had great numbers with the three donors that we tried when we were first doing IUIs.

AFM: I having a major quandry on IVF clinics. I love the one in Portland but my Fertility Support group (with TONS of IVFers) is trying to convince me to stay nearby since it's such a toll to begin with and having to travel would make it harder. But the stats are so good for the clinic up in Portland. I'm going to meet with one here in the Bay Area that comes highly recommended but...I don't know what to do! It feels like my one shot at potential success and I want to get it just right. I've heard of so many women that didn't do any research and just chose something close to home only to wind up with a lot of money out of pocket and no baby...

My temps keep creeping up but I feel like I can't trust anything. It looks perfectly triphasic yet I feel like I have PMS. Sticking Progesterone up my cootch certainly doesn't help the SICH-YOU-WAY-SHUN! 9DPO. AF expected Saturday or Sunday.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#483 of 594 Old 01-26-2011, 04:17 PM

TSBC "snotty as heck" that's hysterical!  We worked with them for a total of about 4 years and they are very, well, Berkeley.  I think (though I might be wrong) that they are also non profit and they also have lower limits on the numbers of families who can have kids with a given donor.  Which I liked.  And so many of their donors are little smarty pants college boys.  Which, I have to admit, was a little creepy when I taught at Cal!

Krista, if you are thinking about going out of town for IVF, which a lot of people do, definitely consider Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine.  They have some of the highest success rates in the country.  I believe our nurse said that over half of their clients were from out of state.  I first heard about them when we lived back in the bay area on Berkeley Parents Network where people raved about them.  And I kept thinking, wow, this place must be great if people leave the bay area to go there!  So check them out and check out the recommendations on BPN.  I felt much as you do, like we didn't have much money to do this whole IVF thing, so we pretty much had to get it right the first time, thus our switiching our clinic from a university associated clinic to CCRM (because of their success rates and rave reviews.) 

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#484 of 594 Old 01-26-2011, 05:38 PM

Haha, thanks Isa...but I think it is too late. Next time (if there is one!) I might take you up on that...smile.gif Thanks for the info from BabyCenter...I am also considering calling on Monday to order sperm since I plan on testing then. The only thing is that I don't have any pregnancy tests yet--and I need to order them online or go into the med center because I don't DARE buy them here at the grocery store...it would spread like wildfire!

AmandaMom...as I just said, I plan on testing Monday @ 10dpo. What about you??

Ugg...still totally upset by the fact that MWSB is closing...I wish I would have known sooner--but SO glad that I tried this cycle instead of waiting! Whew!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#485 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 05:22 AM

Ugg...FF changed her idea of when I ovulated. So instead of 6dpo I am at 3dpo?? I am fed up with this cycle....

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#486 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 06:16 AM

Okay, I'm about to do personals, but I just had to share this because it actually made me cry this morning. So sweet.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#487 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 06:36 AM

SharriKit~ Hooray for good timing!  Lordy, how many Ladies in Waiting do we have right now???

Gelly~ HOORAY for insurance company victories!!! I'm so glad you'll be able to move forward from here!   I'm also tickled by the fact that your phone autocorrected to say Handel. So, we have Handel and Ibsen, quite an erudite board!!  Also, I agree that your dog is adorable.

Lise~ What a crazy cycle! But do YOU feel like FF is more correct, or do you think you had the signs before you did the insem? The CM and cervical position etc kind of signs?  FF can be kind of capricious, and it's best to trust your instincts about your own body.  I still have everything crossed for you, and fully believe you're preggo until proven otherwise.

Krista~ You really are a fierce advocate, and I think really inspiring in the fight to take charge of our own bodies. Good for you! I wonder if there's something like a TTC doula, where you can really be there for women who are trying to fight against REs and insurance companies etc. You'd be awesome at that. Indeed, you already are. Thanks for being such a source of wisdom and inspiration!

AMom~ How are you feeling?  When are you testing? Have you been drinking your sangria smoothies biggrinbounce.gif?  I'm fully expecting a wave of BFPs very soon!

Isa~ I'll ask you the same questions I just asked AMom!  I hear you about just wanting the angst over with, but believe me, the angst just switches gears!!  Next thing you know, you're worrying about TOXIC MEGACOLON (sorry, but that just doesn't stop making me laugh.)

Mami~ Sorry if someone's already answered this, but eating fresh pineapple, especially the core, up to 5 or 6 dpo helps with implantation. It's also a yummy treat!!

Carmen~ Ugh about waiting for AF.  Sometimes that's the hardest part...  Still, you can look at the cutie face of your little gal, that should help!

AFM~ Not much.  Still taking my antibiotics, still not taking the iron pills. Feeling much better all around.  DP's father, who is Portuguese, called her yesterday (on skype) and talked to her for over an hour about how the list of officially recognized Portuguese names was REALLY a VERY good source of baby names, and proceeded to read much of the list to her, telling her why each name was good. He was even suggesting names that are actually in the family, like the name of DP's sister and aunt and cousin. I had to laugh because DP was getting so irritated with him she started sending me surreptitious texts about how he was driving her crazy!. Then later my mom called to ask if we'd decided on a name and to remind me that Sophie was a GREAT name for a girl, and that it doesn't matter if it's really popular because once they get out of high school, no one will even notice.  I think we'll just start telling people that we've actually decided to name her Aspidistra and that they can just lay off! 

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#488 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 06:46 AM

carmen, i hope af comes to visit you soon!!  dp is on her 4th pp cycle and so far they have been very steady at 31/32 days and ovulation around cd17/18.  i hope yours return like that too.  can you believe our babies are a year old now?  yikes! 

seriously with all the ladies in the tww now, we deserve AT LEAST one or two bfps.  come on babies!! :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#489 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 07:45 AM

Another little update on the MWSB drama - this was posted on baby center 2 hours ago: "I had done some research about this reorganization and it is a chapter 11 bankruptcy for small businesses.I talked with Joanne and asked her if they filed for chapter 11 and she said yes but she knew nothing about it, until the last minute and that she is just as upset as we all are. I asked her does it mean your closing your doors for good, since with chapter 11 is only for repayment of your debts and not total bankruptcy. She stated to me that they were not closing their doors for good and that she was told for sure and that it was up to the medical director and owners.  She said that it was on both companies the sperm bank and their fertility clinic.  She said the last day to sell any vials would be the 31st because after that people have to come in and work on the books and they are doing away with the donors that have not produced any pregnancies or not very many."

Someone else also posted that Joanne told them it could be 2-3 months or it could be a year - she didn't know. 

Library - Lincoln Square/Ravenswood is a fantastic area! I'm actually there(here) right now! I think my band, TOXIC MEGACOLON should open for your band, Artificial Ibsen - we would rock the house. Oh, and that video you posted this morning - made me cry! Too sweet!

Tea - WELCOME! You're in the right place!!!

Max - I am getting my Masters in Community Counseling - I hope to one day work with gay and lesbian couples trying to have kids. I would love to form counseling groups for those ttc and also those who are already parents to discuss the challenges and struggles. This is actually a newer development career-wise brought on by my own process as well as reading about everyone else - do you think people would take advantage of these types of groups if they had a chance? Here's another joke for you - what's brown and sticky? A stick! orngbiggrin.gif

Gelly - I just noticed that you're in Ottawa - that is where job #2 was located! We are now relieved because that would have been a shitty commute.So happy to hear that you got your insurance worked out!!! YAY!!! joy.gif

Krista - you are amazing! I agree with everyone else, you should totally do this as a career!

Lisedea - my DP is from MI - we go there all the time! Got married in Saugatuck :) UGH fertility friend is not being a friend - but you're pregnant so what does she know.

AMF - Well this whole Midwest debacle really got me down yesterday. I feel like I have wasted so much time! I was definitely an anger ball for awhile but then just had to let it go - we'll just switch - it's really not that big of a deal in the long run, right? Nicki sent me a very sweet text in the middle of my wallowing which said "everything happens for a reason, right? We are going to get a perfect baby and he/she will be worth all of the BS we have to go through along the way". So true. She's a good one. Still waiting to hear about the other job - should be today actually - I'm really, really nervous. Unfortunately if this one doesn't work out we may have to push our ttc timeline back which would break my heart. This job market really, really sucks for brand new attorneys. 

Can't wait to hear about all the BFP's that are headed this way - so exciting!!!!

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#490 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 08:19 AM

I use MWSB too and I'm really upset about this.  I'm bummed they didn't send letters to their clients and handle this more appropriately. It won't matter because I'm totally PUPO.  Someone asked about my chart: it is http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/307e81.

In general I'm SUPER irritable.  I am usually not like this so I don't know what to do with it.  af.gif

I am crappy at personals (since I'm so new and don't know you all yet) but I did want to say GL to all those in 2ww and thanks for supporting this newbie.  

#491 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 AM

Library--I actually don't feel like either date that FF gave me was accurate smile.gif...I think it was in between (around day 17...) WIth this being my first cycle after the m/c, I am not surprised that it is a messed up as it is...but it is still frustrating.

MrsPP--Where in Michigan? Is your DP from Saugatuck? I went to college in Holland so I would visit there all the time...grew up in Shelby (the one on the west side of the state) and lived in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo (where I met Danielle!) for awhile. Now I live way, way up north.

Kit--Thanks for the link to your chart! Do you want it linked on the page? I don't know how to do it...but Isa does! smile.gif And....I am so upset about this Midwest thing too...I can't wait a year and am unwilling to switch...well, at least until I get desperate. Hopefully I am already pregnant so this doesn't matter...but realistically know that my timing was way off. (Anyone heard of frozen sperm living for 2 days??? wink1.gif) Boo!

Ok...so I guess I am moving backwards and going to go with the 3DPO like FF says (for testing purposes only! smile.gif) I've been wearing my fertility necklace all week...in replace of the pineapples. smile.gif

#492 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post

carmen, i hope af comes to visit you soon!!  dp is on her 4th pp cycle and so far they have been very steady at 31/32 days and ovulation around cd17/18.  i hope yours return like that too.  can you believe our babies are a year old now?  yikes! 

seriously with all the ladies in the tww now, we deserve AT LEAST one or two bfps.  come on babies!! :)

g

I hope so! Thanks for the encouragement :) I really don't think it will come back until I nightwean or go back to work. And I don't go back to work until July now (I extended my leave) and nightweaning scares me quite honestly...I'm assuming it will NOT go well.

Happy Birthday to your little one :D

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#493 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Lise—I’m hoping this is it for all of us and we can just relax! I have a fertility necklace, too—but if it doesn’t work this time I’m giving up on it. It’s boring to wear the same one every day, even if I do love it.

Library—you have to name her Alice now because of the shower. Surely everyone will understand. Also, I have a Brazilian friend named Alice (A-lise-eh) and she gets on just fine.

Sharri—I added your chart to the front page—it’s looking good so far!

Carmen—my friend is weaning now and for some reason with them the night feedings were the easiest to go. Her DD screams like a banshee all day long when she doesn’t get to nurse, though. Good luck—it’s totally a rollercoaster! I always feel bad because when I show up she’s always in this instantly great mood (friends! Visitors!) so my friend feels like no one believes her. But we can hear her through the floor when we’re upstairs…

AFM—still totally bummed about this Midwest thing. I don’t know if I should A. hope I’m pregnant so I can skip it (but then what about getting vials for possible siblings?), B. test so I can find out that I’m not so we can get in an order before Monday for our #2 donor (see issue with choice A.) or C. give up on them entirely and get started with a different bank, which sucks because of the cost/stress factor. Ugh. I guess there was never any guarantee that we’d be able to get multiple babies with the same donor anyway, but I would still really prefer it.
So, a highly selfish QOTD: should I test tomorrow and be able to buy more vials for another round, or is that jinxing it?

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#494 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 11:03 AM

Isa - Highly selfish answer to your QOTD: yes, by all means you should test! Inquiring minds want to know! winky.gif But really, I say do what you feel. After our freak out we decided to just switch to another bank because of the whole possible siblings thing - and what if something like this happens again, you know? Nicki said that chapter 11 literally does mean "reorganization" of funds. We think when/if they do reopen the prices will be higher. If you're interested we've been looking at Northwest Cryo and I already found a guy that I fell into a deep, deep like with. They seem really friendly, there are not too many forms to fill out, they will ship to your house and they don't require a doctors signature (which was a total plus for us!). It's just a crappy situation all around - BUT you're pregnant so you shouldn't worry too much orngbiggrin.gif

Lisedea - she's from Grand Rapids! We chose Saugatuck 1) for the gay factor and 2) because it is *kind of* in between GR and Chicago. The Chicago folks had a bit of a longer drive but everyone loved it and thought it was just the cutest little town - which it is! The city people really loved the quaintness of it all. 

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#495 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 11:30 AM

Pretty how long has it been sense you O , could you get a blood test it would show a postive way sooner

#496 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 11:48 AM

MrsP~ We will ROCK SUPREME!! And anyone who can show us a peed-on OPK gets in free!!!  Any news about the job? Everything crossed for you!

SharriKat~ That's a great looking chart!!!  Here's hoping you've been successful this time 'round.

Lise~ Hugs for a frustrating cycle.  Still, it only takes one swimmer, I'm hoping someone obeyed orders and made it up there do do their job!

Isa~ I'm really leaning towards Alice anyway, it's true. And that's on the Portuguese list, so maybe Carlos will approve!  As for testing, will the closing sperm bank give you refunds if you pre-order and then don't need it?  I'm sorry to everyone who's going through trouble with this place. I can't imagine what a nightmare it must be!!

#497 of 594 Old 01-27-2011, 04:30 PM

Hi Everyone,

MWSB Folks: I'm sorry you're all having to deal with that! This process is hard enough without dealing with difficult banks. hug.gif

Isa: I would say test. It could be useful to know if you need to order more sperm. Although if you get a negative, you won't really know for sure yet, since it is still early. Hmm...

Carmen: I'm envious that you were able to take a year and a half off in maternity leave! I hope AF shows up for you soon.

Lisedea: I'm sorry that FF is giving you a hard time. I hope your fertility necklace does the trick!

SharriKitColorado: I'm sorry you're feeling so irritable. I hope you feel better soon!

MrsPP: Any job news? fingersx.gif The first sperm bank I tried didn't work out for me either (it is tiny, and basically closing down), and now I am VERY happy that I ended up at TSBC instead.

Library: I'm glad you're feeling ok without the iron. It's exciting that you have so many people who care about what you name the baby!

Cejae: I'm with you on loving that TSBC is the only non-profit bank in the country AND that they have lower family limits than just about anyone else. AND they give more information than many banks in terms of counts and such. I'm a fan.

Krista: Temps creeping up sounds like a great sign! fingersx.gif

Graceie: I'm glad that you're feeling positive about waiting for next month. Hopefully your timing will be perfect then!

AmandaMom: I have everything crossed for you! fingersx.gif

Seraf: Always good to remember why we're glad not to be cows. orngtongue.gif

Max: I'm so glad that the progesterone isn't giving you a hard time so far. I'm keeping my fingers and toes firmly crossed! fingersx.gif

Mami: I'm glad the insems went well!

Teamusery: Welcome! It sounds like you've gotten a lot of good advice already.

Starling: It sounds like you're having good symptoms. I'm keeping my fingers and toes firmly crossed for you. What else can I cross? My eyes? My legs? I'll do it! fingersx.gif

Wishin: Still sending you big hugs. hug.gif Why the wait until June?

AFM: I had a snow day today--my first of the season! It was EXACTLY what I needed. orngbiggrin.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#498 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM

Quiet day today~ How are all our waiters feeling?  New insems? 

Hope everyone is fine and having some sunshine, no matter where they are x

#499 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

I think we're all a little burned out from yesterday.

AFM, I'm a little bummed. Did a test this morning and...BFN. So i sent in my forms to Northwest to get started with their swimmers, photomatching, etc. Since DP and I were ready to switch to a new donor anyway the emotional attachment isn't too strong, but I hate having to pay an extra $250/month for the same damn thing. Oh well, they do seem really nice over there and I'm excited about the possibility of getting a willing-to-be-known donor (I've been working on the theory that if our kid really wanted us to find out about an unknown one that we'll be able to track him down somehow, but this would make that step easier, for sure). We thought about going back to midwest for one more shot (they would refund the money, I think) but decided that we didn't want to do that, get pregnant, and then spend the next year worrying that they won't be open to sell us more vials for kid #2. Plus, all the young guys are moving to Washington, so they've got to have a good selection pool out there, right?

The weird thing is that I haven't really been having any PMS symptoms. My boobs are just the teeniest bit sore, but none of the bloating, cramps, or general bitchiness (not to mention despondency) that I usually get. slight temp dip this morning, but still well above the coverline. Weird. I guess I'll know by Monday for sure (today is either 12 or 13DPO depending on whether you believe me or FF). And I'm drinking on Sunday, just to show who's boss around here. So there.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#500 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Yes...it is very slow today. Maybe everyone is feeling the same way I am today...just blah. I am feeling down about the bad timing of my insem, the closing of Midwest, and trying to figure out where our next step is (and when it will be). BUT...the sun is out and we definitely haven't seen her around in a very long time!coolshine.gif

#501 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 12:42 PM

Isa--Any ideas on what the sperm counts are at NW? I might call and ask...but don't know if they willingly will give that info out.

#502 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 12:46 PM

lise if you dont have to do an adress change NW cyro has been good so far they are 250 a vile so onley 50 more then midwest

#503 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 PM

So quiet! I think lisedea is right - we're all still a little bummed. 

Isa - so sorry about the bfn. that totally sucks. I will be drinking with you on Sunday.

Lisedea - the website says they guarantee 20+ million motile - if it is not they will send you a new vial or refund your money.

Ugh - this whole sperm bank thing on top of the fact that we STILL haven't heard about the other job has made it quite the sad week at chez PP. On Wednesday we drank a bottle of wine and cried together. So silly. But since then we have had some pretty amazing heart to hearts and realized we have so many other awesome things to be thankful for. She WILL get a job and it will be the right one. We WILL have a baby and whatever bank gives us that baby will be the right one. Bright sides and silver linings and all that. Moving forward!

#504 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 01:38 PM

PrettyIsa: I'm right there with you. 11DPO and HPT says BFN. I even slammed it open with a hammer and not a whisper of a evap line or anything. I SWEAR! I HATE IT! Not really having any typical signs either of impending AF and temps are high but I'm pretty sure that will all come crashing down tomorrow. Too bad I don't drink!

Happy weekend to everyone else. I think we're all just battered and bruised. Sad since it's only the first month of the year!

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#505 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 01:50 PM

well here to add to the depressing . I penned in all the dates for next cycle estimated AF estimated O estimated test day . then emailed my midwife the guesses for days and got the news that she decide she is uncomfortable working with me due to me reporting the midwifes from my last pregnancy to the licensing bored . FML

#506 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 02:19 PM

I'm not down!  Just couldn't get my post to post earlier.  Sorry everyone is down, tho.  I would be pretty upset of my bank closed.  I wasn't thrilled when they raised their prices at the beginning of the year, but I get that you gotta do what you gotta do.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#507 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 04:10 PM

Big hugs to everyone all around.  

Krista~ I'm especially sorry about your BFN, though it's still 11 dpo, which is still early.

MrsP~ I'm so happy you and your sweetie had a good talk, and I'm sure your life will be on a whole different plane before you know it!

Graceie~ Sorry you're having so much medical drama.

Seraf~ A hug to you anyway, just because you're awesome.

I had a crap day at work because my principal is a 50 year old high school mean girl, and now I want some wine and can't have any!   Let's all hope tomorrow's sunnier xoxoxo

#508 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 06:11 PM

Isa - Sorry about your BFN. hug.gif At least you know you won't be paying out of pocket after this next IUI... but hopefully you won't need your insurance to pay for anything TTC because you'll already be pregnant!

Krista - Sorry about your BFN too. hug2.gif There's still plenty of time for you and Isa to get BFP's this cycle, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed! fingersx.gif

Library - Alice is a very sweet name. hearts.gif

MrsPP - Hugs to you and Nicki for having a crappy week. I'm sure next week will be much better!

Lisedea - Aww we're not cycle buddies anymore. Keep in mind it's often the wackiest cycles that end in BFP's! fingersx.gif

AFM, 7dpo and nothing new to report. I've got no symptoms, but it's early yet. I'm going to try to hold off until Monday to test. That will be 10dpo. My temps are staying high, which is reassuring. I finished my pineapple yesterday. I had been drinking a pineapple-banana smoothie every day for 5 or 6 days, and now I want another one! Ah well, maybe I'll have some green tea. Big hugs to everyone feeling down today! grouphug.gif

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#509 of 594 Old 01-28-2011, 09:31 PM

Hello to everyone! Big hugs to everyone waiting!

Isa- hug2.gif

Just popping in to say five days on progesterone and one day with an estradiol patch has me feeling really grumpy and short tempered. angry.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#510 of 594 Old 01-29-2011, 09:24 AM

Krista,

I appreciate all of your helpful advice and willingness to help. I am sorry for your negative, but don't give up. It could be positive in a few days. I know...........I know..............I have been there, and I have bashed up my pregnancy tests too! :) In fact, I usually resort to breaking mine open and taking a flash light to them to see if maybe just maybe I have missed the "faint possibility". 

So...................................

I have a question for ya'll. I need recommendations for sperm banks that will ship to my house without a doctor's consent. He won't give one, and I am not paying for another IUI. If I pay for anymore help from them it will be IVF (which I may resort too................I am just trying everything else before we refinance the house to do it!). I am currently on Day 5 right now. When should I plan on inseminating? I have some OPK's left from last month. I thought about ordering one of those saliva test things off of the internet too. Anyone used one of those? 

I looked up the Northwest bank, and that looks to be the only one that I can find that will ship without a doctor's consent. Any help will be appreciated. 

I also broke out that book that you all recommended, and my girlfriend has been doing extensive research on the internet. We have a known donor who is also willing to help, but I am still torn about that. We have a contract drawn up, but we called a lawyer and she said it wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. I guess I just want a go at "fresh sperm" and he is one of my best friends. He is gay, and my girlfriend feels that we would have an advocate in him if anything were to happen to me. I don't plan on putting him on the birth certificate, but I know that legally he could still screw us if he wanted to. I also know that if he did, I would fight for him to pay child support which I told him. He says he wants an uncle type role in the child's life. I am just worried now that we talked to the lawyer. My girlfriend isn't as worried as me. She thinks that if I died my side of the family would try to take our children away from her anyway and at least using our friend would be a way that they couldn't do that. My family is ultra conservative. Anyway, I need some advice. The lawyer wants to charge us $100 to list the reasons that we shouldn't use a known donor. I know there are risks, but at least, our child could know who their biological father was growing up. I feel like he/she might hate us otherwise. 

Ahhhhhhhhhhh decisions. Well I need to stop stressing or I am going to mess up my eggs for this cycle. :) And then we won't have to worry about getting pregnant. 

The joy of baby making. 

Have a great Saturday ladies. :)

Erica (28) Donna (41)  TTC since October 2010
IUI #1 October 2010  Clomid 50 mg and Ovidrel - neg.gif
IUI #2 November 2010 Clomid 150 mg and Ovidrel -neg.gifIUI #3 January 2011 (day before great snowstorm of the century) Femera, Gonal-F, and  Ovidrel neg.gif, period, and a week later pos.gifjoy.gifSadly, God needed my...angel.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page