January Queer Conceptions - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 594 Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Krista: What did the opk say?

Max: I'm sorry about your fight. Meds can really mess with emotions, I think. hug.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#542 of 594 Old 01-30-2011, 04:55 PM

I'm considering doing three insems next cycle when would you ? CM says I O the day after the pos  opk its starts to get close the eve of pos opk but stays for two days about the same O pains usually the day of again late but again not sure general symptoms come the day before the opk and until two days after

max I hope everything calms down for you fake hormonally and you get to move onto predate hormonally

krinsetn I hope you figue out you temps

#543 of 594 Old 01-30-2011, 06:23 PM

Escher~ I won't be able to switch schools (if at all) until over summer vacation.  It's rare for a school job to come up mid-year, but that's okay.  I'll be finishing this year at home with my babmino, hopefully, so Mean Girl can lump it!  She doesn't feel like I do anything anyway, so she probably won't even notice I'm gone. 

Krista~ I agree with the triphasic. I think this could be good for you.  Sorry there aren't any peesticks in the house!  Get thee to a Walgreens!

Max~ Ugh. I'm sorry your hormones are jacking with you and that it's causing squabbles. Hopefully, though, you'll be even more hormonal soon!!   Can't wait for your test results!

Lise~ I don't envy you your donor decisions. I hope it doesn't have to come to that. 

Carmen~ An excellent cautionary tale about your friend.  Two couple friends of mine have three kids with the same guy, and asked us if we were going to use him too. I didn't want to for many reasons, not wanting a KD as well as not wanting to add to a half-sibling brood. He's been a good, hands-off donor so far (the oldest kid is 13, the youngest 4), but apparently he's lately been making noises about wanting to be more involved, which is just what I was afraid of.  Insemenators beware!!!

AFM~ Quite cold now, and looking forward to an ice storm on Tuesday. 

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#544 of 594 Old 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM

Prettyisa:  When will you be in Hawaii?  We're going the first week of March!  smile.gif

Soooo, it looks like we're not even going to get a chance to try this month.  greensad.gif  I had a completely unexpected temperature spike on CD13, which would seem to indicate that I ovulated on a (for me) freakishly early day 12... except that I had no positive OPK prior to that.  [Cue two days of off-and-on hysteria.]  My temp DID go 'back to normal' for one day, but it has been up for the two days since.  Blurg. 

E and I are taking off of work tomorrow to drive our vials to the Massachusetts branch of CCB for storage.  I'm incredibly disappointed that we didn't even get to try, but I guess it just wasn't supposed to happen this month.  In the meantime, I'll keep temping and OPK testing for a few more days... because I can be optimistic, right?  Like, maybe I'm fighting off some silent strain of malaria, and that's why my temps have been up?  Hey, if it can happen to George Clooney... 

I hope everyone here is doing well and enjoying the last bit of the weekend!  shy.gif

#545 of 594 Old 01-30-2011, 08:54 PM

NAMW: your body could have been gearing up to O. It could have had a little try, didn't quite make it and then tried again and made it. Not sure how long you've been temping and charting other signs but as you probably know, this is why history is so important -- it helps give an idea of what your body may (or may not) do on a regular basis. Did you keep temping and did you keep doing OPKs to see what happened? It's disappointing not to be able to insem so hugs to you.

Library: it's so sad but there is a Walgreen's at the corner of my street...but I just don't want to see a NOT PREGNANT sign flashing at me. Then I'll just start stressing as to when I'm really going to start AF because I already have KD lined up for the month of February and it's not going to match anymore with my O!! Again, too much stress so I guess I just go into "ignore and deny" mode.

We'll see what tomorrow's temp brings... a new chapter in the continuing soap opera...

As The Endometrium Turns

One AF at a Time

Not Pregnant & Restless

Days of Our Cycle

All My (Wanted) Children

Guiding Cervix

General Fertility

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#546 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 AM

Graceie, those shirts are hilarious, thanks.

Escher, I am familiar with his work, but didn't know his name. I googled right before I asked you.

Krista, I think you're right about CD 15, the cm and lh line up with the temp. What about the the progesterone? Can't that push your temp higher still?

Library, maybe she's secretly jealous because she's been ttc for a long time and it kills her to see you all plumpy perfect but she's not handling herself well?

Nichole, that seems freakishly early to ovulate.  And without a pos OPK?  How was/is your cm?

Not much going on round here.  I dreamed that we went to a group home/orphanage and met about 12 sibling groups waiting to be adopted.  I held all these babies and played with their older sisters and brothers.  It was really strange.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#547 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 AM

Nichole--I would hold out and wait for the positive OPK...sometimes you will get a few temp spikes in one cycle (like Krista and I have had this month). If you haven't been doing this for awhile, maybe wait for a cycle or two to find out how your body is (although apparently strange cycles seem to show up unexpectedly smile.gif). Good luck!!

Krista--Those soap opera names are funny! How long did it take you to come up with them? wink1.gif How are you feeling today? Considering testing?

Library--Ice storm??? Where is it heading??? I am so tired of really, really cold weather. And sorry about your principal...it is so hard to work in a close school setting with employees (or a boss!) that you don't get along with. My school is pretty good...but there are a few two-faced people I always look out for! Do you think it will be easy to find another job? What state do you live in?

7-10 dpo...waiting to test until Thursday morning....sticks have arrived on the island are are waiting to be peed on. I was inspired by Seraf's sourdough comment so I made a starter on Saturday and have been feeding it daily...something else to do to keep my mind off this wait. How is everyone else in the wait doing? Anyone testing today?

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#548 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
NAMW—Hey! We’re going to be there that week, too! (well, until Friday, anyway) Wanna go to a luau or something? We’re staying over on the west side of Oahu, but I don’t think it’s too much of a journey to any place on the island, and we’ll get sick of my moms and sister eventually… I’m sorry you don’t get to go this month. Hopefully it’s just a one-time thing and next month it will be crystal clear when you need to do what.

Krista—Oh, jeez! I almost fell out of my chair laughing (I feel like I’m starring in NP&R, only with less hairspray than you’d expect). De Nile has always been my favorite river—FX that yours is leading right where you want it to go!

MrsPP—So nice to meet you and DP yesterday! We definitely need to get together again sometime soon.  Oh, and I don’t know who-all you’re considering, but they’re starting to put up some NW long profiles over at: http://cid-f73df855f9a10c13.office.live.com/browse.aspx/.Public?sa=885287295 So far there are only 2, but I imagine people will put up more as more of us buy them.

Max—sorry about the fight. I think it’s hard on the poor DPs—they never know what’s coming. Mine says that she checks my blog occasionally to get a feel for my general mental state without asking and provoking me… How are you feeling? Preggo? Oh, and any desire to threadkeep? If not, I’ll hand it back over to Escher…

AFM—definitely out now. Temp down, AF here. Going to call our new bank and see how hard it is to coordinate shipping. That’s the part that really sucks—needing someone to be home to take the delivery. Ugh.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#549 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 AM

Good Morning!

Just popping in to say hello~ Thanks for the comments on my chart.  I am new to BBT so I am not sure what to expect.  8dpo and may test on Thursday.  Trying not to symptom hunt and get my hopes up too high.  :)

Waving hello!

#550 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 AM

Pretty I'm sorry : (

#551 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:28 AM

Hi everyone! Wow, such a busy thread. Love it.

I've been stalking mostly lately, been really bummed about this TTC whole process. Ugh! How do we keep going? ANNNND....Midwest has closed! I couldn't believe it when I read the thread. Bleh! We will now be on our third SB in two years. angry.gif Our first was NY Cryos International, and I guess we could go back there, even though our original donor only has minimal vials left.

Welcome all the newbies! tiphat.gif

Krista - you soap operas made me giggle. Very creative...and very true. Good luck with POAS. Sending lots of baby thoughts your way.

Max - Sorry about the yucky moment. Sometimes I wish my DP was more emotional and involved. She tends to not be as involved due to not wanting to be let down, which is when I go whacky and then we argue. Then when she does get down it makes things worse, since I go through this monthly. There's never a happy medium. Hang in there. There will be lots and lots of happy when you get that BFP. When is your testing day?

Nichole - I would totally wait! O can be so crazy. Give it another day or two and wait for the OPK. Just my two cents.

Lisedea - Sending baby vibes. I am anxious for you to POAS.

AFM - I had bloodwork done last week to check my progesterone levels, and had an AMH test to see if my follicles are producing viable eggs. If the AMH comes back good, then we're doing injectables next month. If not, then we have to deicde what route we want to try - DP's eggs, adoption, etc. Very anxious/nervous right now. uhoh3.gif

Hi to everyone else I didn't get to in personals.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#552 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 10:50 AM

I'll do some personals later, but I wanted to let you all know I got a BFN today. greensad.gif I know 10dpo is still early.

Before I tested, I checked out some charts on FF where people got negative tests at 10dpo and positive ones later. I was preparing myself for the negative result. redface.gif

I got some minor cramps and backache for a couple of hours last night. This made me worried, because the last time that happened at 9dpo, I started AF the next day. Well, I'm happy to report AF is nowhere in sight, and my temp is staying high. I really like my chart, actually. Of course I'm hoping the small amount of cramping and backache last night was due to implantation. That would mean I would get a positive on my internet cheapie tomorrow, right? Right?! ha. Sheepish.gif We'll see!

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#553 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 11:19 AM

Amanda: Hang tight because...

I got a BFN on DPO11...

But now it's 14DPO and my temps spiked yet again...

...so I took a test this morning and within the first three minutes, I got a faint second line. It's definitely pink. And it's definitely there. (sorry, can't post pic at this exact moment). I didn't do FMU though. I could barely squeeze out enough pee to make it work.

justrose13 likes this.

#554 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 11:27 AM

krista---- oooooooh!  just read your update.  i have everything crossed that this is IT for you!!!!!  a line is a line, no matter how miniscule amount of pee created it!!!  :)  yay!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#555 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 11:48 AM

KRISTA!!! fingersx.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#556 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM

Delurking for a moment...kgulbransen...WHOOO HOOOO!!!!   thumb.gif  I'll leave the veggie parade for someone else, but here's to a fabulous pregnancy and joining us over on the Q&P thread.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#557 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:01 PM

Krista!  OMG!  A line is a line, no matter how faint.  So excited for you!  Are you taking a blood test soon? YAY! joy.gifbiggrinbounce.gif

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#558 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaMom View Post

I'll do some personals later, but I wanted to let you all know I got a BFN today. greensad.gif I know 10dpo is still early.

Before I tested, I checked out some charts on FF where people got negative tests at 10dpo and positive ones later. I was preparing myself for the negative result. redface.gif

I got some minor cramps and backache for a couple of hours last night. This made me worried, because the last time that happened at 9dpo, I started AF the next day. Well, I'm happy to report AF is nowhere in sight, and my temp is staying high. I really like my chart, actually. Of course I'm hoping the small amount of cramping and backache last night was due to implantation. That would mean I would get a positive on my internet cheapie tomorrow, right? Right?! ha. Sheepish.gif We'll see!

AMom: I had cramping starting at 8dpo and a faint bfp at 11dpo.  Cramping without AF is a good sign, for sure.  Hang in there!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#559 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Krista!!! COngratulations! Yay for a BFP this month--Lord knows we waited long enough!.

So excited for you!!!

jumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#560 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:34 PM

Hooray Krista! I am so happy for you!!!!joy.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#561 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:39 PM

Krista!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!! You're pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!
joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif
joy.gifbiggrinbounce.gifenergy.gifbelly.gifjumpers.gifstork-suprise.gifbaby.gifwool.gifpos.gifsticky.gifjoy.gif
I'm so happy for you. orngbiggrin.gif

AmandaMom: 10dpo is still definitely early, and lots of pregnant people have crampy feelings. Your chart looks great. I still have everything crossed for you! fingersx.gif

2ez: When will you find out the AMH results? fingersx.gif And I TOTALLY agree that this process is ridiculously sucky. hug.gif

Isa: I'm sorry. hug.gif Maybe you're meant to have a November baby? hug2.gif

Seraf: I'm a total nerd, which is the only reason that not only do I know Escher's name but (in 2004) I thought it would be a good idea to use Escher as my screenname. It's embarrassing. redface.gif

NAMW: Timing is so hard. I'm sorry that it may not work for you this month. hug.gif

Graceie: I think three IUIs can be very effective, but I don't know if I would try that my first cycle just because it seems like for many people first cycle timing is very difficult.

Starling: How are you doing? fingersx.gif

Max: How are you feeling today? I hope better. hug.gif Let me know if you want to threadkeep for February or if you would prefer I do it. I have my fingers firmly crossed for you!

AFM: CD 7, and I had high on my monitor this morning. If I get a positive opk in the next couple of days I think I'm going to skip insemming this cycle, since I know my RE feels like ovulating before about CD12 is too early to have built up a good lining. So hopefully my egg can hold off a while!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#562 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:52 PM

KRISTA!!!! broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#563 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:52 PM

(Sorry everyone...I got a LITTLE carried away with the parade!) Woo hoo Krista!!!

#564 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 12:58 PM

KRISTA!!! Holy shit! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifCongratulations! I am so, so, so happy for you!!!

Hey to everyone else! Hope you are all having a lovely day!

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#565 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Today is Esmé's second birthday, so I thought it would be a good day to pee on a stick!  And LOOK! 

IMGP4053.JPG

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#566 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 01:42 PM

banana.gifAhhhh...Starling&Diesel!!!!!  Sooooooooo exciting.  Congrats to you, too!!!! 

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#567 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

So, Krista ... want to be DDC buddies?  Congratulations!

dust.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#568 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM

Starling!!! What a great bday present for your DD!! and HUGE congrats to you and DP!!! joy.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#569 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 PM

Starling: NO WAY!!! For two of us to get BFPs on the same day. There is hope yet!

Veggie parades are much appreciated. Thanks everyone. I'm still waiting for true confirmation through a blood test but I think it's starting to sink in.

PLEASE STICK BEAN(S)!

#570 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 01:51 PM

TWO BFP's in ONE DAY!!! It's about time smile.gif
Congrats Starling and Krista!!!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page