January Queer Conceptions - Page 20 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#571 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Starling!!!  YAY!  biggrinbounce.gifjoy.gifenergy.gif

I'm so so so happy for you!  I've been thinking of you since your transfer, knowing that this was your very last shot.  And it WORKED!  Yee haw! 

Here's to STICKY STICKY BABES sticky.gifsticky.gif for your and Krista!

makebabe.gifclap.gifjumpers.gif1sttri.gifwool.gif

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#572 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Starling! Way to end the month! Congratulations!!! Sticky, sticky beans, everywhere!!!

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Escher--you and me both, kid. winky.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#573 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 02:41 PM

More parades! Congrats Starling....  broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Who's next??? joy.gif

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#574 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 02:44 PM

When it rains it pours!  It's about time! 

Congrats Krista!

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#575 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 02:46 PM

Conratulations Starling!

and Happy birthday Esme!

partytime.gif

#576 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 03:02 PM

Starling!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!! I'm THRILLED!!!!!
joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gif
sticky.gifbaby.gifpos.gifjumpers.gifwool.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
I'm so happy for you I'm a little bit teary.
Congratulations!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

What a great end to the month!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#577 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 03:19 PM

whoo hoo you have both been trying so hard im glad it paid off stick little beans stick

#578 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 06:30 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!  My internets go down for a day and everything goes baby crazy!!!!!!!!!!

Krista!!!!!!!  WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!  So amazingly wonderful!!!!!!  Are you still in shock!?!?!??!!?!  AMAZING!!!!!!!  Sticky beans!!!!!  (Also, your soap opera titles made me spit out my tea).

Starling!!!!!   What a birthday present for your baby!!!!! And how wonderful for you and your sweetie!!!! I'm so happy for both of you!! For all of you!!!!!

This is the happiest day on the board~ so wonderfully amazing!!

AMom~ 10dpo is nothing.  Ask Krista about getting discouraging negatives followed by wonderful news!  I'm thinking you're going to make it a three-peat.  

HAPPIEST OF DAYS!! When are you two due?!?

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#579 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 06:54 PM

STARLING AND KRISTA!!!! Holy cow and congratulations to you both!!!!!

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#580 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 06:58 PM

a little late with the veggies but her goes jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

3rdtri.gifsticky.gif        GROUP HUG EVERYONE !grouphug.gif

#581 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:02 PM

Here's my faint line pic....

BFP_DPO14.JPG

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#582 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 PM

Congrats!!!!!!! That is so exciting.

Well girls. I have some strange news. After a full period, I have been gearing up to do an at home insem. next week. I decided to start doing OPK's today just for kicks and giggles. Surprisingly, I got a smiley face. Perplexed, I called my gf and midwife and both said that that didn't sound right and to take one again. I made my gf call our donor just in case bc I really didn't want to miss it. I took another OPK and again it was positive. 

I am not sure why I did this, but I took the last pregnancy test in my bathroom. I was just trying to see if I was having an LH surge bc I knew the test would be negative. 

WRONG. It was positive. 

A positive.....................................I called the doctor because I was freaking out. I have taken Femera for the past four nights. He says the test is probably defective and asked if I had taken an Ovidrel shot. He said he would do a blood test tomorrow, but it would probably be negative. 

Four tests later, and I am still getting two lines (and a plus on one). I have three different brands. 

Any ideas? 

I hope that I haven't miscarried or something. 

Erica (28) Donna (41)  TTC since October 2010
IUI #1 October 2010  Clomid 50 mg and Ovidrel - neg.gif
IUI #2 November 2010 Clomid 150 mg and Ovidrel -neg.gifIUI #3 January 2011 (day before great snowstorm of the century) Femera, Gonal-F, and  Ovidrel neg.gif, period, and a week later pos.gifjoy.gifSadly, God needed my...angel.gif
#583 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:20 PM

Team weird dizzy.gifI hope you figure it out

#584 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 PM

Krista! I'm so happy for you! And Starling - I seriously cried when I saw your update (and was on a bus at the time). Might be the hormones talking, but I think it's just your amazing stories. What a day! When are you each due? And happy birthday Esme! 

banana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

When I told DP the great news, she did her own veggie dance for you both!

Meanwhile, Tea, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that you've got a bonafide positive and a sticky bean! These guys are warming up for you, for a full veggie parade once you're feeling more sure. Good luck! 

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#585 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 PM

Krista and Starling...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!   jumpers.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gif jumpers.gif

STICK LITTLE BEAN'S STICK!!!!!!  goodvibes.gif  sticky.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#586 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 08:28 PM

Thanks girls. I go to the doctor tomorrow. I had come to terms that this cycle was over. I wasn't expecting this. :) I just hope it doesn't end with bad news. 

Fingers crossed. 

:) 

Erica (28) Donna (41)  TTC since October 2010
IUI #1 October 2010  Clomid 50 mg and Ovidrel - neg.gif
IUI #2 November 2010 Clomid 150 mg and Ovidrel -neg.gifIUI #3 January 2011 (day before great snowstorm of the century) Femera, Gonal-F, and  Ovidrel neg.gif, period, and a week later pos.gifjoy.gifSadly, God needed my...angel.gif
#587 of 594 Old 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Congratulations S&D and Krista! SO excited for both of you!!

joy.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#588 of 594 Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 AM

Wow, Tea! That is strange! Did you have anything weird happen right before your last period or did everything go normally and you started on time? I did have positive pregnancy tests for two full weeks after my miscarriage...but I have also heard of people that have had periods while pregnant. Let us know when you find out the results!! smile.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#589 of 594 Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 AM

Hey everyone, I think I'm the early bird around here, and I wanted to post, so there's a shiny new thread here.  I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes, feel free to start another if you want to!

#590 of 594 Old 02-01-2011, 08:09 AM

krista and starling BIG HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!  i'm so excited for you both!!!  and here is the obligatory veggie parade of happiness!!

wow, what a day! :D

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#591 of 594 Old 02-01-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

Today is Esmé's second birthday, so I thought it would be a good day to pee on a stick!  And LOOK! 

IMGP4053.JPG

Having followed your journey from when you were working on TTC Esme, I must say that seeing this brought tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my skin. Wow! What an amazing way to celebrate two year of parenthood. All manner of crossed everything for a sticky babe. What wonders!

Kgulbransen -- Equally amazing congrats to you! I so know how long this journey can be and feel. What joy when you move on to the next stage.

Wahoo!!!!!

(I now return to the world of lurking with my 7yo and 6mo).

be well all,

megin

Mommy to an amazing 8 year old, wife to an inspiring principal, and welcoming Wylie Grace! Our July 4th babe!
#592 of 594 Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

A huge thank you to all the supportive folks here ... it is so wonderful to have a safe place to hang out and be real about the ups and downs of all of this crazy baby-making business.  I'll go back and read up for personals later, we had such a busy birthday weekend that I've lost track!  At her fundraising birthday party, my little philanthropist raised $150 dollars and three big baskets of baby food and diapers for Sheway, which is an organization that helps young First Nations moms living in the Downtown Eastside, with is our poorest neighbourhood.  My apologies for not being up to date.  Love to everyone! 

thanks.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#593 of 594 Old 02-06-2011, 09:00 PM

rainbow1284.gif

#594 of 594 Old 02-07-2011, 04:55 AM

Welcome, Ajmpls! Most people are now over in February Queer Conceptions, so I recommend you repost over there. The folks on Queer Conceptions are wonderful, and I'm sure you'll get some good advice. orngbiggrin.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page