January Queer Conceptions - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Krista ... I am so sorry.  How devastating.  Moving onto IVF is no simple matter, but if that is what happens, there are lots of folks on here who can hold your hand (so to speak).

Welcome, Mrs. P ... this is the right place to be!  Sounds like you're right on track to hit the ground running in March.  Sorry to mix my metaphors.

Library ... Glad the u/s went well!  Your childcare plans sound great.  DD hasn't been in care at all either, which means huge savings both financially and emotionally for all involved.  DP is with her on one or two of her days off, and then she's with my sister or my mom for another couple of days.  We're so thankful for the help.  It's standard to pay caregivers $15 an hour here, so it really would cut into our income enormously.   But then we also have a year's paid mat leave, so I was with her for that first year anyway.  We actually have paid medical mat leave too, so it meant that I was off with 65% of my income for 61 weeks.  I had to get off the ambulance at 28 weeks (not allowed to work past 30 on the ambulance), and she was born at 37 weeks, and so I was off that whole time.  Canada rocks for mat leave. 

Speculums ... wow, who knew it was such a complex choice?  My experience with them, outside of a "Pleased To Be At Your Cervix" party in my twenties, is strictly doc's office, where it's more "lie back and think of England" than anything else.  

ez ... what a roller coaster, hon!  Keep us posted!

chiquitayy ... Yay for being in like!  That's a great way to start being in love!  I'm all for vicarious dating.  DD and I were at the pool the other day and this totally hot butch dyke came in to change after being at the gym upstairs (let me preface this by saying that we live in a queer neighbourhood).  My sister (also a dyke, and also a femme) is painfully single after several messy relationships, so I'm always on the lookout for her.  I texted her to ask if she wanted me to hit up said hot butch for a blind date, but she didn't get back to me before said butch swaggered out, having slung on her well worn jeans over her boxer shorts, and put her lean, lanky self into what looked like a hand knit sweater.  I worried that maybe her femme knit the sweater and that she wasn't single, but I would've asked her out on behalf of my sister anyway.  I have pre-permission for next time.  Nothing like a dumpy, soaking wet mama with a toddler wanting to nurse asking you out on behalf of an un-seen sister.  Hot.  Yeah, baby.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#62 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Isa,  I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or not, but when I was considering Clomid (1 cycle) and Femara (3 cycles) I did a bunch of research on the cancer risks.  From the studies that I read it seems that the cancer risk factors were primarily related to the underlying reasons for the fertility struggles, not the drugs theselves.  So who knows.

Krista, I'm so sorry.  It is so hard to watch people get prego after 1 or 2 tries when you've been at it for what seems like forever.  It's so so so hard.  DP and I eventually started joking that we were fertility good luck charms becuase during the years each of us tried to get pregnant we would watch friends get pregnant and have babies before either of us even conceived!  5 months into trying for our first, my BFF was told that she would probably have to do injectibles due to a high FSH level, but had to go through clomid first to get it covered by insurance.  And boom, she got pregnant.  First time.    And I so love her and her kids, but we both sobbed over it together.  I never in a million years thought I'd do IVF and I did and it worked, so I'm happy to chat with you about it if you want.  Hang in there.  And be kind to yourself. 

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#63 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 05:00 PM

Starling~ I'm cracking up at your 'dumpy woman with toddler pursuing hot butch' scenario.  Still, if it works out, what a great meeting story!  Canada's really awesome about a lot of stuff. I'm lobbying for Vancouver or Toronto when DP starts looking for a job. She's a Brit, so it'd be easy for her to emigrate, and we're getting civilly partnered in the UK so I'd be able to come along. Plus, I've been to both cities and really love them, it'd be great in many ways to live there. 

Have any of you seen the documentary The Business of Being Born?  DP and I watched it last night and it was amazing!  All about midwives and homebirths vs. the hospital induction/cesarian cycle. You do get to see more of Ricki Lake than maybe you ever wanted to, but the movie itself is so worthwhile. 

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#64 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 05:18 PM

Isa - Can you please move me over to "Waiting To O". AF FINNNNNALLLLY showed up on her own today. I knew she would after I called my doctor's office this morning. I feel certain she's saying 'haha, I am going to make you guess when I am coming.' AF - jerk! Cuss.gif

Mrs P - Welcome to the board! It's a wonderful place to have support while going through the TTC process. There's a wealth of knowledge on here, so ask away. Somewhere, someone will have the answer. I am amazed every day with the women on here.

Krista - Thinking of you.  

AFM - I am CLEARLY frustrated as hell. It's been almost 2 years, and we're still not pregnant. I feel we're a little closer, but still am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I know everyone (including me) says, 'oh it will be worth the wait' or 'the perfect little bean is out there.' Ugh! Today is not a day I want to hear that. I feel like a fat cow, bloated, and am annoyed to start all over again.

I'll call the doctor's office in the morning to see what hair-brain plan they have for this month. On top of this, every single show I watch on TV or every article I read on-line, somewhere, there's a 15-year-old who got pregnant by a random guy or some druggie who is blitzed out of her mind, pregnant. I feel so defeated right now, and not even a bottle of wine could make me feel better.  

Ok, rant is over. Thanks all for reading.rant.gif

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#65 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 05:22 PM

Library ... A key element that I forgot to add is that I was stark naked at the time.  GAH!  And the toddler dancing around me yelling, "Boobies!  Boobies!  Boobies, Mama!"

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#66 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 05:48 PM

Starling, you're right. That makes it even better!!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#67 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 05:49 PM

Starling - thanks for the hilarious story....and DD visual image. Oh, if only there were a rock to hide under! Hahahaha! Love it.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#68 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 05:52 PM

2ez~ Biggest hugs xo  and rant all you like! You're absolutely right. As I used to say, random drunks get knocked up all the time, but it's so hard for us.  Do whatever you need to make yourself feel better.  xoxoxox

#69 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 06:14 PM

MonkeyFoot.tiff

Here's little Aspidistra's foot, with monkey toe. If the saber-tooth tigers attack, we'll climb the tree faster than anyone else!

#70 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 PM

pretty yes waiting to O or AF then O them we are inseming around the 25th the the midwife agreed to do the insem whoo hoo shes cheaper then the ND midwife is willing to barter part of the cost

I will do personals later IM wiped out for no real reason right now

#71 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Oh, and speaking of random drunks getting preggo without even trying, I have a dyke friend who used a buddy's fresh-from-jerking-off-in-the-bathroom sperm on an experimental whim at a party and got pregnant.  Then the second time she picked up some random gay guy at a bar and they did the deed (while somewhat holding their noses, so to speak) on the day she thought she o'd and got pregnant.  The third time she hit up some guy online for a roll in the hay on her o day and got pregnant on the first try FOR THE THIRD TIME.  Three tries.  Three awesome kids.  Three rather questionable ways of getting up the duff.

#72 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 08:24 PM

Library!  Love the foot pic!  Frameable! 

#73 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 08:48 PM

Monkey toe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#74 of 594 Old 01-04-2011, 09:20 PM

Library - thanks for sharing the pict! She's adorable! I love the little foot and toes.

Starling - ugh! Why can't any of us have that same luck? I swear every time I turn on the tv it's a story about some teenage, a mother who abandoned a child, a homeless preggo, the list goes on and on. DP's worthless drugged out stripper niece can look at a man and get preggo. She has two daughters now and doesn't care for them one bit. The kids are always dirty, no bath, etc. It makes us furious!

DP and I have decided to "nest" and are taking a note from Max by getting DS a puppy. We are online now looking at local shelters and rescues. Good grief, here we gooooo!

Will post tomorrow after I talk to the doc's office!

#75 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 05:28 AM

sorry ez!!  many hugs to you and you are definitely allowed to vent.

starling, lmao at your story.  and your friend had some...interesting methods to get pg.

library, love the monkey toes!!  dp has monkey toes and it looks like both our boys do too.  alas, my feet are tiny (size 5) and my toes don't even have knuckles.  seriously.

afu, the monitor jumped to peak this morning, wooohoo!!  nice strong lh line on the stick too.  :)  we've had peak both months on cd17 now.  temps have been consistenly on the low side since cd1 so let's see if they jump up now.  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#76 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 05:45 AM

Ugg...I am sorry EZ :(.

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#77 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 06:06 AM

Starling~ Lordy!!! That's quite a saga!!  Talk about lucky! Though I'm not sure gathering up the 'discards' from a party bathroom is the ultimate in hygiene, I guess whatever works, works!  I'd love to have been a fly on the wall for the dyke and the fag getting it on!  Do any of the guys know they're dads, or are these just her kids? 

EZ~ A puppy!  Whew! You're going to be busy.  I'm much more a cat person, I'll freely admit, but I enjoy DP's dog. Though it's also true I enjoy it being HER dog. Post pix of the critter when you get it.  I'm sorry about your niece's kids. Wish you could steal them...

Indigo~ Yay for nice strong lines, and for predictable cycles.  I hope this conception goes as smoothly.

AFM~ Last day of work before I go to San Diego for the library conference.  Still apprehensive about flying, but am trying to focus on the good things.  I just keep an image in my head of me driving into my driveway, home at last from all the travel.  I'm finding this a bit more nerve-wracking though, worrying about myself, the kiddo and also DP who will be on a plane to Florida at the same time. All of this without gin and valium. Think good thoughts for me!!!

#78 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 07:37 AM

Good morning! Thank you all for the nice, warm welcome smile.gif I hope I can ease myself into the swing of things here.

Escher - Thank you for the crossed fingers re: Nicki's interview! She says she nailed it - it was actually the second interview. They are also doing a third round! UGH. So she should know in the next couple of weeks if there will in fact be a third. I can't even begin to tell you all of the blog I've read! I was, no, am a little obsessed Sheepish.gif  We actually have one too if you're interested - www.theoppositeofoops.wordpress.com - there you can also see my extensive blogroll!

Indigo and Library - March does seem right around the corner now! I have a countdown app on my iPhone that I just stare at sometimes...7 weeks, 5 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes and 25, 24, 23...seconds until baby making month! And Library, that is the cutest foot I have ever seen!!! I have seen The Business of Being Born twice now and loved it so much. It really helped me figure out what kind of birth I want to eventually have, but more importantly what kind I don't want. Very eye opening!

Isa - Hi! In case you didn't put two and two together I am the same Kara from the above mentioned blog! We comment on each others from time to time - now I am here too! Thank you for the Howard Brown option - we are currently working with Chicago Women's Health Center but if that doesn't pan out then I will definitely keep them in mind. I currently work for two different families - two days a week I have a 3 yr old girl and her 2 yr old brother - they are only 15 months apart and keep me very busy! And then two other days I just have one little guy who is a couple of months away from being 3. They all still nap with is fantastic - it is my favorite time to get caught up on my schoolwork (and hop on here)! 

Starling - I like your mixed metaphors! And what a crazy story about your friend! It reminds of of when Bette and Tina tried to seduce that guy on like the first ever episode of the l word. 

EZ - Yay for a puppy!!! I am so sorry that you are so frustrated right now - big hugs to you!!!

AFM - Not much to report over here! Just keeping up with all of you lovely ladies :) Anyone drink Fertili Tea? Any idea on how to make it taste a little better? I've been drinking it for awhile now and it's just..so..bland. 

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#79 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starling&diesel View Post

Library ... A key element that I forgot to add is that I was stark naked at the time.  GAH!  And the toddler dancing around me yelling, "Boobies!  Boobies!  Boobies, Mama!"

OMG, this is hilarious. Are you a writer on the side, btw?  Your descriptions are hilariously vivid.  I could so picture that hot butch...  And  I so identify with your story--I think that on the inside, I still feel like a 20-year-old fit, sexy, slightly-fem baby dyke, especially when I see and make eye contact with hot queer women, but then I remember that...I'm not!  I'm a well-padded, straight-looking, suburban mom!  UGH.  As for Vancouver, I'm not sure exactly what I'd give up to live there, but it would be a LOT.  Not my career, I guess, or I'd already have found some way to make the move.  I grew up in Seattle and spent a lot of time there, and my BFF lives in Victoria now.  The incredible (ie, humane) maternity leave is only the tip of the iceberg. 

Mrs. P: Welcome!  So nice to "meet" you--hope your stay here is short and sweet, as they say.  Btw, I live in the outer (really outer) Western burbs of Chicago.  With Isa in Chicago and Wehrli nearby in S. Wisconsin, maybe we could organize a real life get together.  I'd really enjoy that. And I'm going to check out your blog--thanks!

EZ and Krista: Big, long hugs to you both.  Sigh.  I know that feeling of deep discouragement, and I hope it passes soon.  EZ: enjoy the pup!  We got ours from a rescue shelter, and she is a wonderful, loving, loyal pooch.  She even (reluctantly) accompanies DD to the bathroom.thumb.gif

Library: Beautiful foot, monkey toe and all!  As for flying, I was nervous, too, but I flew all the way from Chicago to Hawaii and back, and it was fine.  Just make sure to get up and walk around more than usual and to drink LOTS of water.  My sister-in-law did have one in-flight scare that turned out to be caused by dehydration, so keep the water coming, and maybe try to get an aisle seat so you can get up easily.  Good luck!

A big hello to everyone else.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#80 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Library!  That’s darling!  And funny that you already know she looks like you! 

Starling—Ha!  I LOVE the idea of you sitting there in the locker room being pestered for milk while checking out hotties for your sister!  Next time, just do it!  The few times someone has set up a blind date for me I’ve found it completely flattering that they even thought about doing it, so don’t hold back! 

2EZ—I was just telling DP that I think we should do this next time like I’m a 16 year old girl.  I’ll get drunk, go to the dr’s office for the insem, come home, drink, party, find some hard drugs somewhere (no idea where to get them since I don’t do them normally, but it is a key part of the plan!)  and generally check out of my life until a month or so later when I’ll realize that nothing fits right any more. 

MrsP—Oh!  Nope, took me a second, but now I get it! How do you like the CWHC?  I talked to them but never went in to meet them.  What's it like over there? It must be nice to have little ones to play with during the day—2 at once sounds like a lot of work, though!  And Ugh to third interviews.  Hopefully they’ll just decide that she’s the best one for the job and be done with it, yes?  

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#81 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 09:00 AM

Welcome MrsPP! I also drank fertitility tea during the month that I was trying--it wasn't too bad (minty)--but I only had it for a few weeks. What kind do you have?

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#82 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Mrs PP, very thorough intro, I'm impressed, so how old are you?  I was a nanny when I got pregnant the first time.  I made $400 a month and thought I was rich, but I was young and id release sperm was 160 a vial ici and 200 iui.  Maybe it's just that back then money was still worth something.  Regarding tea, I haven't tried that one, but I add peppermint tea to anything I want to go down.

Amanda, I hear you on not being the little hottie I once was.  But really, why do kids make lesbians invisible?    Perhaps they don't in large cities.  I still have to come out every week or so.  The other night when we were having baby making conversations I found out they all thought my kids were from "a previous (straight) relationship."

Isa, sounds like a plan solidly based on evidence!  Do you know of a doc who will insem someone drunk beyond the point of consent?  I think that would really up your chances!  Oh, could you get the doctor drunk too?  It couldn't hurt!

Not a thing over here.  I kicked around the idea of trying this month, but remembered I wanted to chart a nice month really well. 

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#83 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 10:26 AM

Isa - We should totally try that path. I love the idea, and just the excuse to drink works for me. I can't wait to tell DP when she gets home. (I have accused her of 'shooting blanks' in recent months.) drink.gif

Indigo - Yahoo for peak! Get those swimmers ready!

MrsPP - I sooooo love the idea of blogging, but I am just too lazy I've decided. Maybe lazy isn't the word. I used to write ALOT, but in recent years haven't done so. Mainly, I'd write for fun. I have a film degree so most of my writing was for screenplays, tv pilots, or short stories. Now, I mostly only write random thoughts on Twitter, which I love because it's like tourette's. Ha!

AFM - Today is a MUCH better day, and I no longer feel like Negative Nellie. Thanks to all of you for letting me rant. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support and the 'friendships' on here. I just got off the phone with the doc. I hope everyone is sitting down for this hair-brain plan for January - natural cycle, u/s on cd17, and trigger. Seriously? That's it? When I pressed for something more, the doc reminded me that we wanted to do 3 cycles of natural so that she can really get an idea of the best plan and how my body works. (I guess my hour long interview with her and detailed monthly cycles weren't enough info of what happens with me.) My OCS (only child syndrome) is seriously kicking in and wants something more done NOOOOOOW (insert whiny screaming child tantrum here). When I asked about fertility meds, she said she doesn't want me on anything this month so that if we move on to IVF I won't have to necessarily sit out a month. Good grief. Here we go - cd2.

#84 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 10:37 AM

Hi Everyone,

Kgulbransen: I'm sorry. hug.gif What a disappointment. I agree that it is incredibly hard when people who haven't been trying as long as I have been get pregnant. hug2.gif

2ez: hug.gif I'm so sorry about AF. I'm glad you're feeling better today. Your puppy plan sounds exciting!

QOTD: What do you do to help yourself cope with this crazy and often unfair TTC process? Are there things you do or avoid to keep yourself sane? Do you have anything you always do when you insem or test or get AF that helps you cope? What are your strategies?

My answer: My wife and I try to do nice things for ourselves at the end of a failed cycle--special treats, watching tv in our pjs, etc. I tend to avoid facebook updates on pregnant people, and sometimes I ignore prenant people in real life too. I like to stalk Bitter Sushi Ladies (in the fertility forum) to remind myself that other people get that this process totally stinks. I don't have any great coping strategies.

Library: What a cute foot! orngbiggrin.gif I loved The Business of Being Born--it definitely made me want to have a home birth. They also have a book, which is decent. I hope your trip goes well!

Wehrli: How neat that you will be a sahm! I remember that you and your dp are planning to have several children, but I can't remember--are you planning to birth them all, or are you planning to take turns?

Isa: I may be insemming a bit before you, but my cycles vary a lot. I expect to ovulate between the 11th and the 15th. Maybe we'll be cycle buddies!

Starling: What a great story. lol.gif

Indigo: Hooray for peak on the monitor!

Kara: Thanks for sharing your blog. I'll add it to my google reader! I drink the fertility tea recommended in Brill's book. I don't mind how it tastes.

AFM: CD 6. Just enjoying this low-key part of my cycle before I have to start worrying about timing. I'll start using the monitor on Sunday and probably start opks on Monday. Not too long now!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#85 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 11:29 AM

escher, while i wouldn't mind birthing all of the babes we hope to have, my DP is up in the air about having one herself. She would probably only ever choose to birth one herself (if at all). she has long said that she wants to have babies, she just doesn't want to have a baby. Ellen did a bit about this in her early days and my DP quotes it all the time. she would love to see what a baby with her genes would look/be like and ideally i could have her baby, but cost kinda rules that out for us (for now anyway). her mother *really* wants her to have a baby, too. like, to the point of hurtfulness. not that she is hurtful to either of us about it but she just doesn't feel like everything will be right until we both have a babe. i'm sure it's really complicated and everything for her, she has 4 kids, 3 boys and my DP. she wants to experience her only daughter being pregnant or something. i kind of get it, but at the same time.... LAY OFF! wink1.gif don't get me wrong, i love my MIL and she loves me. i have no serious doubts that this kiddo will be loved just the same and i would also love for DP to experience pregnancy/birth/BFing. DP considers doing it sometimes but i think a big part of it is out of guilt and wants to give this "gift" to her mom. i told DP that i think it's a bad idea to do it for the wrong reasons. ideally, DP will start TTC next fall and hopefully i will be able to co-BF the babe she would give birth to. if she's not up to having the 2nd child we will probably have to delay having another for a little while longer, pending when my post-partum fertility returns. then maybe she'll have the 3rd (if we get that far). i would love not to delay continuing to build our family seeing as we waited until 30 to start, not that it's old by any means but because it took 13 months to concieve our first and neither of us have very regular cycles, i fear it could take plenty more time (and $) to reach our "goal" of a family of 5.

wow, sorry for the huge post for such a simple question... redface.gif

may i ask all of you the same question as escher asked me?? innocent.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#86 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 11:30 AM

EZ~ I think throwing a fit sounds perfectly natural under the circumstances. It's a shame that it doesn't sound like the doc listened to your detailed cycle info, but maybe the u/s and trigger will get you where you're going.

Seraf~ You're strong taking a cycle off by choice. I always felt so frustrated and aggravated when I had to take the month off.  I hope it gives you the info you need. 

Isa~ I really love your plan. If possible, you should have the doc insemenate your drunken self in the backseat of a car. Maybe that'll do the trick!

Ready to be done with the day!  I'm still apprehensive about flying, but there's been so much techno-ignunce here today I don't care, I just want to be somewhere else and think about other things.

#87 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 11:41 AM

Escher - QOTD - we drink! I don't usually drink during the 2ww simply because it's a mental thing for me to try and be as 'pure' as possible. This cycle though was tough. Not only did I have my birthday, but NYE's too, so I drank red wine and champagne on those days - 8 & 9dpo. I absolutely told myself I wouldn't drink past 9dpo. Again, mental thing. DP has been REALLY supportive this past cycle. We had a blow up last month and I told her I felt she just went through the motions so she didn't get hurt when we got a bfn. I explained everything I have to go through in the month to even try, which didn't she realize was so much. Since then, she's been amazing.

Wehrli - We'd like to have 3-4 kids. DS is 6, which is about 2 years older than I wanted him, but we didn't start trying until I was 33, so we're a bit behind in the process. DP would have carried if I didn't have the desire to do so. We both really want kids, and I had a much higher desire than her, so we decided I'd carry all/any. Plus, I am 4 years younger than her, so that played a factor, although being younger certainly hasn't helped us much since I am not preggo. I'd give almost anything to have twin boys, but will gladly take whatever we're blessed with.

#88 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM

Krista- I am so sorry that you are going through such a difficult time right now. I know how you feel and I'm sending you big hugs. hug2.gif

2ez
- hug.gif Sorry about AF showing up. I can say while puppies are a great responsibility they really do help with the nurturing instincts. They are also a great distraction!

Starling- I love your stories, you really have quite a knack for the details. thumb.gif

MrsPP- Welcome to the forum! Welcome.gif

Speculums- I just wanted to remind everyone using speculums at home out there, they are great for IUIs and checking your cervix but if you are doing an ICI insem go without! Brills book explains the speculum can cup and hold the semen and take it out of you when doing an ICI. I found that out the hard way too! However, for at home IUIs they are necessary and we found a little head lamp at the hardware store that was great for shedding light on the matter. winky.gif

Depression- For sure TTC takes its toll on our bodies and minds, we've all felt it after months of BPNs. I was taking care of myself by getting massages. Since I broke my ankle I have started seeing a therapist who does guided imagery and a month ago I started seeing an acupuncturist. All of these things are physical and mental things I can do to take care of myself. This last weekend I had a terrible case of depression, it was a combination of my ankle, TTC, PMS, my mother visiting, fighting with DP about feeling like a burden, and the holidays. I had an emergency session with my therapist on Monday and she did this Rapid Eye Movement technique that was really wonderful. I felt such relief after leaving her office it was startling. I have also been listening to a meditative tape on healthy pregnancy in my car. It was a gift from a friend and great excuse to try to drive with my newly working foot. treehugger.gif

Puppies- I'm really glad we got our new puppy. Our other dog is only a year old, she is a cattle mix and she was and still is a lot work. Her name is Charlie and we have a dog walker come take her to the beach on days we work long hours. Our new 2month old one-eyed pug is named Ollie The Shark. He is sweet but deadly. He breaks out into these crazy shark fits where he uncontrollably bites everything around him. He has jumped up and bit me in the face a few times. Charlie loves playing with him though so they bite and play tug of war with each other then collapse to take naps for a little while. We're doing all pee training and screeching when he bites us now, I think he'll grow to be a good little family dog. dog2.gif

AFM- Cycle day 18, I'm counting down when I can start my IVF cycle~! I have an xray scheduled for tomorrow to make sure my ankle is ok but I have been testing the waters for almost a week now. I hobble around my house a little without my crutches just to get used to it.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#89 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 12:38 PM

AmandaHope - I would love that too! Let's try and put something together!

Isa - I like CWHC a lot. The actual office is really warm and inviting - lots of couches and pillows and rugs - it feels like someones apartment. We had to do an initial consultation back in September - it was basically an information gathering session for them and for us. We go back in a few weeks for the second consult where they will look over my charts to make sure things look good and fill out some more paperwork, tell them our top donor choices and stuff like that. Then it's go time! I do love "my kids" - they are so sweet and wonderful. This is also the perfect job for me while I am in school and while we are TTC - if I do get knocked up I will be able to nap when they do! Score! And yes, here's hoping they loved Nicki so much they cancel all other interviews and give her the job! smile.gif

lisedea - Hi and thanks for the welcome! I have been using this kind - http://www.fertilitea.com/ and it's when I brew it hot that the mint taste just goes away and I feel like I'm drinking brown water. I think adding a little peppermint like Seraf said could help. When I drink it cold it tastes a lot better I think because I brew a whole bunch at a time in a huge soup pot, wait for it to cool, then put in a very large pitcher - so it ends up brewing a whole lot longer than when I just make it by the cup - which makes sense that it has a stronger flavor. Did I read way back when that you're from Michigan? DW grew up in Grand Rapids and we got married in Saugatuck! 

Seraf - Thank you - I tried to be as thorough as possible but of course I left out something as simple as age! Gah! I am 29 and will be 30 in June. 

EZ - I am happy to hear that you are feeling better today! I really like having our blog - it does sometimes seem daunting to come up with something to write about especially since we haven't even started trying yet, but I think it will be neat to look back on it someday and see what we were up to. My DW also has a film degree! She gets crap about it all the time when she's interviewing for attorney jobs greensad.gif some folks think it is really neat and others are just plain rude. 

wehrli - by way of escher - I have always been the one that longs to actually be pregnant and birth the child(ren). I have that totally empty feeling, the need, the urge...you understand. DW says she wants children just as much as I do but she has no desire to do it herself. So it's perfect! HOWEVER - I would never say never...

Max - Hi and thank you for the welcome!!! Your new puppy is SO adorable! 

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#90 of 594 Old 01-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Cysts at baseline ultrasound on CD4 (two, one at 13 and one at 14). REs won't allow me to do injectibles. Back to the old method that hasn't done s*** for me the past 10 times.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page