January Queer Conceptions - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 594 Old 12-31-2010, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)

dust.gif

Let's start 2011 with some good news!  This is our year, kids!

whistling.gifWaiting to O

* 2ezforyou 

* Graceie

* NAMW

* Escher12  BFPChart2.gif

* Prettyisa  BFPChart2.gif

fingersx.gifWaiting to Know... Braving the 2WW

* Starling&diesel

* AmandaMom  BFPChart2.gif

* Lisedea  BFPChart2.gif

* MaxK

* Mami2mami 

*SharriKitColorado  BFPChart2.gif

baby.gifWorking on IVF

af.gif  Waiting for AF  
 * RainbowValleyMama

Waiting to Transfer
om.gifTaking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready 

* Gellybeangrl BFPChart2.gif (February 2011)

* Serepartera (February 2011)

* Miss Scarlett BFPChart2.gif
* Seraf BFPChart2.gif (February/March 2011)

* MrsPP (March 2011)
* Milletpuff
* Indigoscot & DP (May/June 2011)
* Chiquitayy BFPChart2.gif chart1.gif
* Carmen358
* Smilingsara BFPChart2.gif (June 2011)

2010 Graduates!

January * Kgulbransen    BFPChart2.gif    joy.gif   

December * FiveGrandBaby 8/27/11 

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11

September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11

August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11

July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11

June * Coco & DP 2/14/11

May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11

April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32

February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP

January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess

October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl

September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious

August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'

July * Hbog

May * Indigoscot's dp

April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen

March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4

February * Deny_zoo29

January * Jodybird511

2008 Graduates!

December * DM630 * Raene * Wazzmum

October * JennM1021 * Lexbeach's DP* QTRANDI

September * Ellie74

August * Heart-n-bones * Love My Family

July * Giggleblue * Pranava ** Quasar & DP Smartycat

June * Starling&diesel * PiGirl * Erica12009

April * Tigermiep * MujerMamaMismo * Tiggerkong22 * Simcon * 2happymamas

March * JenInMpls * Mahrens77

January * Cookie70

2007 Graduates!

December * Scalpel

November * Mamimapster * AngelaM * Solejean * Lmh222
Edited by escher12 - 12/28/10 at 9:43am

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#2 of 594 Old 12-31-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome to January!  I hope we'll all get some good news here in the near future!

Does anyone need to be moved?  Max? Let me know! Also, what happened to the Waiting for AF section, and does anyone miss it?  I sort of prefer the idea that if you're no longer in the TWW you're either waiting to O or taking a break, but I'll bring it back if anyone misses it terribly. 

Scarlett--new car sounds amazing, especially if it's baby-sized!  I hope that this means that your break is having a good effect all around! 

Library--dryers are amazing.  We went without one for a few months and when the new one finally arrived I all but crawled inside and sobbed with joy.  Are you thinking of cloth diapering or anything?  Even if not, you'll need excellent laundry facilities, for sure!  Also, thanks for the heads up on the shaky-cam.  That makes it totally a rental for me--I get seasick in the theater if the camera jerks around too much. 

Gracie--glad you got the smiley!  It's much more reassuring to know where you stand, isn't it?

AFM--same, same.  Feeling pretty preggo.  I hope that I am, in fact, because in my head I've pretty much decided that that's the case.  I feel kind of sick and crampy, but not like AF is coming.  Waiting until tomorrow to test again, though, so I can start off 2011 right!  Ihopeihopeihopeihope...

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#3 of 594 Old 12-31-2010, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

escher ... Hugs to you.  Sorry that this wasn't your month.  Here's to New Year's luck!

isa ... and some threadkeeper sticky-baby-vibes-bfn-juju to you, my dear!  Thanks for starting the thread. 

scarlett ...  Holy toledo!  A CAR?  Am I the only one who's completely and utterly gobsmacked that you got a CAR as a gift?  I thought that just happened in the movies!  I wouldn't even know what to do if I was given a car.  Do you like it?  Is it your dream car?  Are there massive strings attached, or is this a genuinely awesome gift?  If it were my partner, I think I'd make her take it back.  I'm weird like that though. 

graceie ... congrats on the happy face! 

library ... how very responsible of you for getting a paint tester!  I wish I had the patience for that.  When I decide to paint, I have to do the whole room, and then if I have regrets, I paint it all over again.  Your way is much smarter.  I think we'll finally get around to painting dd's room in this place.  She's lived in three different homes (four, if you count when I was pregnant) and has had a room in every one, and has never slept a night or a nap in any of them.  She still sleeps with us, but is starting to show some interest in her bed, which is a double, very low to the floor.  I think we'll go apple green or so.  All of our rellies have made lovelie quilts and bunting and stuffies that are green and pink, so green would bring it all together.  I love decorating!  Have you visited ohdeedoh.com?  You will love it!  The most delicious nursery tours ever! 

I can't remember enough from the last thread to do more personals.  So sorry! 

AFM:  CD2.  Isa, can you move me to waiting to transfer if there is such a category?  We've got the ultrasound booked for January 14th, with a transfer (if the lining is good and the embies survive the thaw) on the Monday following (17th or so?)  AmandaHope, was it you asking if I was really all that zen about this final cycle?  I'm not sure if I truly am zen about it, or if I'm doing the 'fake it 'til you make it' thing.  I think  I am okay about it.  But I don't think I'll know until or if there is a final bfn.  My DP is turning 40 in April, so if we are not pregnant, we're going to treat ourselves to a very special trip.  If we are pregnant, we'll be saving up for a new glider chair!  That's the one thing I wish I'd had last time.  A beautiful living-room worthy glider chair. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#4 of 594 Old 12-31-2010, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy New Year Everyone! partytime.gifchampagne.gif

PrettyIsa-
I hope you get some of that threadkeeper's luck dust.gif

Starling- It does look like we will be cycle buddies after all!

MissScarlett
- Will you join us as a cycle buddy or still wanting to take some time off?

AFM- I'm mid-cycle, just ovulated the other day. My cycles have been a little longer lately so I am not sure when AF will come. I am excited to get my injectable regimen back up! I still have most of it. I will have to order a little more. I'm guessing somewhere in the next two weeks it will start happening.
Crazy alert: We went to the spca and came home with a one-eyed pug baby. We really need to get pregnant so we'll stop taking in baby animals!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#5 of 594 Old 12-31-2010, 05:00 PM

Happy New Year everyone!  I'll write personals later, but I just wanted to wish you all the best.  

Though I have to say to Max:  ONE EYED BABY PUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Post pix please!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#6 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 05:53 AM

Happy new year!

Max, puppy pic please?  My SIL brought home another puppy, and I asked my brother if they were going to get pregnant before she has a zoo.  Why, oh why, is a pet what we get when we want a baby?

2ez, sorry I missed you!  We were in all kinds of trouble being early that day.  Messed everything up.  Then, on the way home, we were planning to pass through Memphis at 2 AM, but we got stuck behind a car accident and spent 3 hours parked on the freeway.  Still, 6 was too early. 

Starling, I think it must be harder with a negative after IVF.  You seem to be pulling off the zen thing really well, tho. 

We had a good visit.  We all got to learn to weld.  I discovered that I'm much more like my dad that I ever knew and I found out that Osha's straight hair came from him.

Our bank is having a 2 for 1 sale on their donor of the month this month.  So I'm going to read about him and, barring anything really bad I'm going to get a couple of vials for a February insem.  Then I'll do triple IUI in March and if that doesn't work I will focus my energy toward getting Sara pregnant and adopting.  March is my last planned try.  I feel good about setting a deadline.  I also feel good about Sara getting pregnant.  I still feel pretty good about me getting pregnant if I could ever figure out the timing.  I decided I would start the fertility wisdom plan today, but I lost the book before the plan cemented in my head, so I'm simply off wheat, dairy, processed, cold and raw foods.  Parts of it make sense and parts don't, but I also have a nasty cold and don't need any mucinogenic foods now anyway.  I think cleaning up my diet will help me read the signs of my body more clearly, so I feel good about it.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#7 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 08:13 AM

We have over the course of trying and having our little guy ended up with--two dogs (one of which had MAJOR aggression issues and had to be put down greensad.gif) and an additional cat.  Now, we realize that when we start longing for another pet it's really because we want a baby ;)  We got our kitten (who is the same age as our baby) when the baby hit 6 months...just sayin'  blush.gif )  I call it the "kitten sign"!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#8 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 09:29 AM

Seraf~ That's a pretty zen attitude for sure.  I completely support this idea and am so proud of you for really thinking about and knowing what you want to do. You'll have plenty of little feet pattering around before too long. Your diet regime sounds pretty strict, but if it yields good things, it's worth it. I also love the sperm bank having a 2 for 1 sale. Ha!  Do they have a clearance rack? 

We had a quiet evening with friends, eating and playing games. I got sleepy around 11 but had a root beer and rallied. Low key fun, then back in our own bed. Perfect. Now we've slept late and are lazy. Happy New Year!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#9 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 12:21 PM

PrettyIsa: I'm Waiting to Know although I should know by Tuesday so I don't know if you want to move me for (possibly) such a short stay. My temp did a huge dip this morning at 10DPO so it's either implantation (doubtful) or heading towards AF.

Esher: I know not the happiest way to spend the new year but glad you're moving on to another cycle.

Scarlett: Wow! What a gift. I "gave" myself a Hyundai Sonata (same manufacturer as your Kia) in December so I know how much fun it is to have new wheels.

Happy new year to everyone on this board! May 2011 rain BFPs...

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#10 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 01:25 PM

Happy New Year, Everyone! orngbiggrin.gif

Isa: Thanks for the new thread! I agree--2011 is the year for us! What was the news from your test today? fingersx.gif

Starling: A beautiful glider sounds like a great thing to have. I hope you need one soon!

Max: Not too long now until your IVF cycle! A new pug--what fun!

Seraf: That sounds like a smart plan for where to go next. I hope the 2 for 1 donor sounds great (or at least ok!).

Library: That does sound like a perfect New Year's Eve. orngbiggrin.gif

Kgulbransen: I have everything crossed that it was an implantation dip!

Lisedea: How are you doing? hug.gif

Chiquitayy: Any news on your new love? orngbiggrin.gif

AFM: CD2, and I'm feeling a bit gloomy. I know I'll feel better in a few days, but right now it all just seems so discouraging. We had our first consultation with our RE last January, so we've been actively working on this for a year now (and planning for it for longer). Why is it taking us so long?

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#11 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 02:36 PM

Escher- Big hugs to you! grouphug.gif

seraf- I am trying to do the same diet as you and it is really hard. I love cheese, so instead she recommends cottage cheese lightly warm or in a rice crepe. Being gluten free is easy because of my partner but not eating raw salads is difficult. I've been half way doing it and tend to start being more diligent now.

AFM- For NYE we had people over for games and fondue, gluten free style. I had champagne with a hibiscus flower in it. It was so pretty. I added a little energy drink to it to keep me up! I'm over half way through my cycle now, looking forward to CD1! champagne.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#12 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 02:57 PM

I'm totally not doing the real diet because I misplaced the book.  If Sara were home she would hand it to me in a second, but it's not the case.  I don't think I could really do the whole thing anyway, nothing that's been in the freezer?  Avoid garlic and ginger?  and chicken before O?  I guess I didn't get to the part about what I can eat.  So I'm going to go with minimally processed and avoid wheat and dairy because I know I do better without them anyway.  

The donor of the month, seems OK.  No allergies, mild astigmatism, hardly anything wrong in the family history, really.  His handwritten message made me cry.  So I think we are go.  I'm going to order after the 21st, so I have a vague idea of when to have it delivered.  I think a February conception would give me a November baby.  11-11-11 would be a fun birthday.  Or it could be born on my birthday. 

Anyone pregnant yet?  Its so hard obsessing from the sidelines!

#13 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 03:09 PM

OMG Seraf, you should TOTALLY have your baby on 11-11-11. And then you should name him Nigel Tufnel.  Go for it!!!

Max~ Hooray for CD1!!  And that's a totally cute pup. What are you calling him/her?

#14 of 594 Old 01-01-2011, 05:52 PM

Happy New Year everyone!!!   jumpers.gif

Max5~ That is such a cute puppy. Last week my DW was thinking about getting me a puppy a miniature schnauzer...he was so cute, but I really want a baby...if we find out that we can't have babies...then maybe I'll go for the puppy. Or if I just fall in love with one (a puppy). joy.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#15 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Max--your new puppy is ADORABLE! luxlove.gif  I wouldn't have been able to leave without hir, either! What are you going to name hir? Are you in the 'animal names are different than people names' camp, or are you going to use your top baby name to get it out of  the way?

Seraf--it sounds like you have a good plan there! It is funny that they do a sale--do you know how they choose who it's going to be? Nice that he seems like a good choice, though.  And you're right--11-11-11 would be an excellent birthday!  I keep trying to find reasons that a late fall/winter birthday wouldn't suck.  Being a July baby myself, I always lorded it over my late November little sister.  Might have to revise that way of thinking, though.

Escher--i hear you!  It's kind of a gloomy time of year anyway, and then a letdown so close to New Years really blows. hug2.gif  It'll happen for you, though!

Gelly--schnauzers are sooo cute!  One of my coworkers has a standard one and I love him when he's just had his breed standard haircut!  Maybe you could tell yourselves it's a test run?

Kgul--how are things today?  Any news? fingersx.gif

AFM--It's been quite a little rollercoaster chez Isa.  BFN yesterday and BFN today (13 and 14 dpo, although FF has it a day later than that, which is nice of them). But no temp dip this morning.  Not sure what to think, although it seems like I'm alternating days of thinking that i'm totally pregnant with days where I think I'm not.  Today is supposed to be one that I think I am, so I might just go with it until I get a rude (red) awakening.  On the up side, it looks like it's going to be a gorgeous day, I'm trucking through a quilt I'm making for some friends, and my little doxies seem much more cuddly than usual, if that's even possible.  

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#16 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 06:01 AM - Thread Starter

Nope. Spoke too soon.  CD 1.  -sigh-

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#17 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 07:51 AM

Library, I had to look up Nigel Tufnel to see how he was related to 11.  I've never seen that movie.

Max, cute pup.  It is exciting that she'll be housebroken before you have a little human to housebreak.

Gelly, My grandma used to have lots of miniature schnauzers.  They are close to my heart.

Isa, my siblings and I all have fall birthdays.  There is nothing wrong with them!  It's a good excuse to have a party (not that I ever have, randomly, but that had more to do with changing schools all the time, but with a fall or winter birthday, you can disrupt class time to share cupcakes, summer birthdays get none of that).  Ice skating and hotel swimming pools are great places for birthday parties, too.  So sorry about AF today.  You and I can be cycle buddies. 

#18 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 08:31 AM

Oh Isa, I'm so sorry. Still, you're in good company to be starting a new cycle. Not what you wanted, I'm sure, though. Biggest hugs.

Seraf~ You should see Spinal Tap, it's really funny and truly a classic.  Though I don't actually think Nigel Tufnel is a good name for a baby.  I hear you about fall birthdays.  Summer birthdays are fun, although it's true that many people are out of town and you can't always make a good party.  So there are good things at all times. 

Gelly~ I hear you.   I love my kitties (and am learning to love DP's dog, despite the fact that I started my morning with DP shrieking and me having to remove a dead, frozen squirrel from the back yard) but it's just not the same.  Still, Max has a mighty cute pug...

So, dead squirrel, hot coffee, and dreading going back to work tomorrow. Still, I only have to work til Wednesday and then I'm off to San Diego!

#19 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 AM

So sorry, Isa ... dratted AF. I had my fingers crossed!

And Max ... a bundle of puggleful love!  They're great dogs for kids!  We have a few who live on our street, all of which put up with DD's utter adoration of them on a regular basis.  We have a cockapoo, which is also a great breed for kids.  DD hauls her around the house like a sack of potatoes, takes her toys constantly, and hollers for her to "COME, CHAW-WEE!" (Charlie) all the time.  That sweet dog of ours comes every time, waits patiently for the toys to be returned, endures being hauled around, and won't go anywhere without DD.  I can't even get her to go outside for a pee unless DD comes.  Charlie sleeps with DD all the time too.  They are best buds for sure. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#20 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 09:13 AM

Isa-- So so so so sorry. Ugh. 

Max-- Cute. Dog. Last January we got sister Samoyeds from North Dakota (because we'd been trying for a year and I needed something to nurture before I exploded) and here we are a year later with four dogs, a rabbit, and still no baby. The sisters are  65lbs of precious though and I can't imagine what we ever did without them. Hopefully we'll get pregnant soon before we end up with an alpaca or something. 

Starling-- Sounds like such a sweet combo! I'm afraid our "pack" will be extremely jealous of a new addition. It will be a sensitive situation!

Seraf-- For what it's worth, I'm proud of your attitude, and Sara's too. Hoping you are both rewarded generously for being such good sports. 

Escher-- It seems kind of ridiculous doesn't it? If someone had told me 2 plus years ago that we still wouldn't be pregnant in January of 2011 I'd have never believed it. Hoping we are having a totally different conversation this time next year. 

Krista-- Fingers still super crossed for you! Any news?

AFM-- CD 3 and officially taking another cycle off. And okay with that. I'd like to feel like a functioning human being for at least another month. As for the car. Starling, yes, I was INCREDIBLY surprised, especially since the fight that sent DP & I into the last month and a half long tailspin was regarding a "baby car". I am normally enough of a "control freak" that I would have wanted to pick it out, but she got it so totally loaded, and basically, it's exactly what we needed/I wanted, so I didn't really have room to gripe. I've never had anything anywhere *close* to a new car, so it's pretty spectacular. I'm hoping this is her way of saying "I'm trying... and I want this" and not "you're a sucker". For the time being I'm just going to take it a day at a time and enjoy my new ride. 

Brand New Automobile.jpg

Taking a break for a bit to attempt to salvage my sanity. wool.gif
#21 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Scarlett~ Your new car is awesome, and I can't believe I actually know someone who got the proverbial 'new car in the driveway with a bow on the hood' for Christmas. I thought it only existed in, well, car commercials.  I agree with you that it seems like "I'm trying and I want this", especially in light of the original fight.  You could totally fit an alpaca in the back of that thing, though I hope you won't have to!!!    I'm glad that you're feeling so calm about taking another cycle off.  I hope it's the last one for a long time. xox

#22 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 11:53 AM

scarllet new car maybe thats what this baby has been waiting for

what is everone spending for there insems on spren iui ect ? Im just full of questions arent I

#23 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 12:04 PM

Insem cost here in the Bay Area:

Sperm: $560 per vial (washed, ready for IUI)

Tank rental for 3 days: $75.00

Trigger shot: $60.50

Ultrasound (one prior to ovulation): $136

IUI: $127

You can see why we went with a Known Donor 3 months ago...

AFM: Temp shot back up but I also have AF cramps so who knows. For a brief moment I dreamed and then my body said, "Nope. That's it, lady. It's IVF for you."

I'm dreading doing injectibles next month and don't know what to do. We have two KDs lined up so it seems the right thing to do PLUS they say to do it prior to IVF so you know whether an injectable protocol works for you. I'm just not that into it.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#24 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 12:16 PM

Isa: I'm sorry. hug.gif I think that a bfn is especially painful when you've had a cycle where it really feels like this could be it. I hope you're able to take good care of yourself, and that things feel better in a few days. hug2.gif

Max: Your puppy is adorable! How is your ankle doing these days?

Seraf: I'm glad that your donor ("Conrad") seems good. He has a cute baby picture, and the description of him as very good looking, compassionate, and intelligent sounds like a winning combination! I agree that 11/11/11 would be a great birthday. Maybe it will happen for some of us!

Library: I'm with you on slightly dreading going back to work tomorrow. What are you doing in San Diego?

Starling: Your DD sounds darling. Your dog sounds amazing too! How cool that they are such good buds.

Scarlett: I'm glad you're still enjoying your time off. And I'm glad that your DP is giving you nice things, especially after the tough time you had.

Graceie: We pay $560 for each vial of sperm, plus $200 for shipping (that's from TSBC). Our RE charges $250 per IUI (but my insurance covers part of that for one IUI per cycle), plus the fertility clinic chargest $150 for sperm processing. So altogether we pay about $1000 per IUI, which means $1000-2000 per cycle. It's totally insane. I'll be interested to hear what other people are paying.

AFM: I'm still feeling annoyed at how long this process is taking (and wondering if it is ever going to work for me), but I'm trying to appreciate that I now have a whole week before I have to start peeing on sticks again. I'll try to be more cheerful soon. redface.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#25 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 02:55 PM

kgul sorry your feeling like AF is comeing

the sperm from the cryo Bank I'm using is 250 a vile and I'm still feeling the ouch seriously considering finding a donor some other way

#26 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 03:14 PM

Escher~ Biggest hugs. I know the 'it's never going to work' feeling and it's awful awful.  Enjoy your peestick free week and try and keep the faith xoxo    I'm going to San Diego to the ALA midwinter conference. Lots of books, book nerds, and book nerd related activities. Our book award committee is choosing this year's winners, AND we get to have brunch with Armistead Maupin. SO fab!!  I hate flying and usually have  gin and valium cocktail to make it through, so this will be a big challenge for me. Cross those fingers!!!  

#27 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 04:35 PM - Thread Starter

Scarlett-- Uh-Mazing!  jaw2.gif I agree with Library--I thought that only happened in commercials!  Also, get the alpaca.  Mothering is pushing them as family-friendly, and they are so warm and fluffy that you will save tons on stuffed animals later!

Krista--I'm sorry about the injectibles.  Getting tons of shots isn't really high on the list of fun things to do!  What will the routine need to be if you go ahead with them?  

Thanks, Escher! I'm with you on the non-wait, no pee-stick week! *raises glass* We should coordinate fun non-ttc things to do this week.  One of my friends invited us for a stout party on wednesday, so that's #1 on my list...

Gracie--We're using Midwest, so it's $200/vial (no shipping since we go pick it up behind the sperm bank doctor's house).  We're in a trial with our dr while they get used to offering insems, so IUIs are $125 each. All together it's costing us $650/month to do two IUIs. My insurance doesn't cover anything until we give it one more try with the doctor, then they'll cover IUIs, diagnostics, and whatever else (although I haven't really probed into what that really means yet).  I know that we've got a pretty good deal, but it's starting to add up, for sure.

Library--Oh, I wish I had a reason to go to Midwinter!  Alas, I'll be freezing here.  Are you planning to do a free-poster themed nursery?  

AFM--DP and I had a very nice day puttering around.  We went downstairs to borrow our friends' 1 year-old for an hour so I would feel better.  She was in a very sweet mood and kept coming up to hug me, which helped a lot. Then we went to the plant conservatory and then up to the Bahai'i temple (both gorgeous). Tomorrow I'm sending in our new donor choices, although I'm still hoping she can rustle up another couple vials of our first choice (he's sold out at the moment). 

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#28 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 06:50 PM

Happy New Year ladies!!!

Escher/Isa - Ugh! Crap. I am so sorry. Looks like we'll all be back on track together.

Seraf - I am so bummed that we didn't get to meet up, but totally understand. I hope little Osha is better. Was it definitely chicken pox? Traveling is miserable for us as adults, so for the babies it's worse! I hope your trip was still fun and adventurous. Glad you guys made it home safe. And we'll def meet up the next time!

Library - I HATE flying! If I don't have a bottle of wine and a Xanax, prior to the flight it's a BAD thing. Flying is the ONLY time I'll take any pill, but it's worth it. orngbiggrin.gif

Krista - Tomorrow, I am going to ask my RE about starting injectables too. I am not looking forward to it, but we feel like we're running in circles without something 'stronger'.

Graceie - We use Midwest as well. My RE charges $240 for IUI, plus a $100 thaw fee/sperm count. I also have $65 in meds. I have insurance coverage for some of the u/s and doc appts. It hasn't been too bad, thus far. We only have $5K lifetime in fertility coverage, and that's being eaten up fairly quickly. I dread the day it runs out.

AFM - I am 90% I am out. I woke up this morning with brown spotting and terrible cramps for about a hour. Today was supposed to be cd31/11dpo, so I was shocked to see AF so early. (My cycles typically run 30-36, mostly on the 36 side.) I tested yesterday to a BFN. I am perplexed somewhat by AF - she came in with a bang and stayed for about a hour this morning, and hasn't shown her face the rest of the day. My thought is the progesterone is messing her up, but I am sure she'll be in full force tomorrow. af.gif

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#29 of 594 Old 01-02-2011, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

2EZ--What is with this month, anyway?  I'm in exactly the same position (well, a couple days later, but still)!  I posted about AF this morning because I saw some spotting, so I figured that was that.  Usually my periods are heavy and immediate.  But then for the rest of the day--practically nothing.  And I've been all crampy.  Which of course has me googling for pregnancy stories that come with spotting and BFNs on day 14.  There are lots of them!  I'm pretty sure there are lots of google stories about being pregnant in virtually any situation under the sun, though.  Still, tomorrow will hopefully bring more clarity.  At the moment I don't know if I should get hopeful again (my default) or give up completely.  Oooo...what if this is a thing with our donor?  I know we're using the same one.  Let's hope he does some crazy spotting-but-pregnant thing.  At least for tonight.  Wehrli?  Care to jump in with some particularly weird reassurance?

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#30 of 594 Old 01-03-2011, 05:15 AM

isa & 2ez, sorry to say... i didn't have any spotting with our donor. but that doesn't mean anything. wink1.gif i would have to say that i don't think i would have gotten a BFP very early in either of my pg cycles, though, (i never did POAS). my betas were pretty low at 12DPO both times. i did have AF like cramping though... i have high hopes for both of you, it would be neat to know some ppl on MDC that get pg/have babies with the same donor that we used! isa, i know you are on babycenter.com too, did you see the "first" pic of a 345 babe? i was in tears! i hope, hope, hope our LO has that same dark hair! my fingers are still crossed for both of you... brown blood is old = doesn't count. it ain't over til it's over! fingersx.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page