Mothering Forum banner

Queer & Pregnant: February & March

21K views 523 replies 36 participants last post by  julietea8 
#1 ·
joy.gif
Welcome queer & pregnant folks!
joy.gif

This is the list for February & March.
If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

bellycast.gif
Pregnant
bellycast.gif

March
Beastie, EDD March 21

April 2011
wehrli & jenmostoften, EDD April 1
2moms3kids, EDD April 5 (c-section April 1st)
bttrflygypsy, EDD April 10
LibraryLady, EDD April 15
2happymamas, EDD April 15

May 2011

imogenlily, EDD May 29

June 2011
painefaria, EDD June 5

July 2011
Cejae, EDD July 4

pigirl, EDD July 21
MizYellow, EDD July 25
AmyPDX, EDD July/Aug?

JesseW, EDD July 26

August 2011
AmandaHope, EDD August 3

Kredmon, EDD August 6

Crunchybug, EDD August 8

October 2011

Starling&Diesel, EDD October 6

julietea8, EDD October 12

Escher, EDD October 27

baby.fatty, EDD October 30

November 2011

DAWNMP1, EDD November 1

seraf, EDD November 8

December 2011

2ezforyou, EDD December 1

babyf.gif
Graduates
babyf.gif

gumshoegirl007: Addison Alexis Réal, born 03/24/11

Burg: Reed Kylie, born 02/05/11

korey: Baby girl T, born 01/30/11

Coco99: Chloe and Charlie, born 01/30/11

abeecharmer: Violet and Felicity, born 01/10/11

mtnlisa: Josie Anne, born 12/18/10

Kimlyn32: Kacey Elaine, born 12/13/10

erthe_mama & fsonj: Vida, born 11/23/10

Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10

quasar & smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10

Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: daughter, born 8/11/10
jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/2009.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/2009
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/2009
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/2009
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/2009
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/2009
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/2009
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/2009
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/2009
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/2009
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/2009
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/2009
Simcon: "G", born 12/28/2008
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/2008
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/2008
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/2008
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/2008
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/2008
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/2008
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/2008
mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/2008
kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/2008
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/2008
rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/2008
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/2008
thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/2008
mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/2008
msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/2008
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/2008
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/2008

candle.gif
Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon
candle.gif

CrystalPerez

Jen
Snoopy13 (JD)
Lemurmommies
Miss Scarlett
Astropeep and FozzieBear
Milletpuff

Lisedea

kgulbransen

Fivegrandbaby

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't mind taking over as thread keeper. This is to get us started. I'll update the list today.

ETA - I've gone through the list and think that it's updated. If your info isn't correct, or if you notice someone's needs to be corrected, please let me know.

#8 ·
Hi gals: I'm experiencing some cramping today. Much like I might experience before AF is due and in the same location. How much do you think is okay or is more about whether it's accompanied by blood of any type?

Thanks,

Krista

#9 ·
Krista, I can share with you my experience of a chemical and of a pregnancy that stuck. With both I had spotting. With the chemical I had no cramping but spotting for several days before my period started and I could watch the preggo test lines get lighter and lighter. With the pregnancy that stuck I had cramping, bad enough to wake me up in the middle of the night! But I also watched the tests grow darker and darker and the spotting got lighter and stopped by the time I had a blood test. Don't know if that helps any? Hang in there!

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgulbransen View Post

Hi gals: I'm experiencing some cramping today. Much like I might experience before AF is due and in the same location. How much do you think is okay or is more about whether it's accompanied by blood of any type?

Thanks,

Krista
Krista, I had lots of cramping at the beginning with my successful/uneventful pregnancy - much like AF was going to start. I was told it was a good thing...little one getting cozy ;) Try not to stress about it and enjoy being pregnant (easier said than done but try nonetheless!).

#11 ·
Thank you for taking over and updating the thread, Gumshoe!

Welcome & congrats, Krista!

AFM- The snow here is never ending. I went from thinking I'd have the week to tie up loose ends at work, to finding out I would only have two days with the induction plans, and now with the snow, I think the 2 hours my office was open this morning was all I'll have. Hoping to get an hour or so in Thurs so I don't have to worry while I'm out.

#13 ·
Thanks, guys. You make me feel a lot better. The cramps I have are not accompanied by any spotting or bleeding so I will continue to draw deep breaths and draw upon the great wisdom of this group! Here I come Beta #2!

Krista

#14 ·
Welcome, Krista!
joy.gif
Congratulations! I also had significant cramping--honestly, it was on and off for a few weeks--I still had them at 7 weeks (ie, 3 weeks after the bfp). I still get them if I get up too fast or sneeze or cough too hard. But I've had no spotting or bleeding at all and don't worry about the cramping. At your point, the embryo is digging into your uterine lining, so it makes sense to have cramping. My NP did tell me to drink plenty of water to help with the cramping and because blood volume starts jumping up immediately.

Burg: best laid plans, right? I hope your one hour on Thursday is enough to lay your mind at rest so you can focus on the birth! Any improvement for your friend's babe?

Thanks for the new thread, Gumshoe!

AFM: Cozy at home now, listening to the sound of 50 mile/hour snow/wind gusts outside
bigeyes.gif
while DP makes dinner and DD plays Wii with our neighbor
smile.gif

#15 ·
Burg - I'm sorry that you're not getting as much office time as you need before you depart on mat leave
greensad.gif
. That must be really frustrating. I hope you find some way to get a bit of joy from the unexpected snow day.

Krista - Here's to thinking positive that everything will be okay
thumb.gif

Hope everyone is enjoying the reprieve from this lovely winter weather. As a Canadian, who lives in a snow belt, this is par for the course. We're going to start to get snow tomorrow afternoon. City driving should be okay - we don't close or call in sick for a foot of snow. I think the only time things remotely slowed down was two winters ago when we had about 2-3 feet of snow in a 48 hour period. Then they just told us to stay off the roads so they could plow
orngbiggrin.gif
, and of course, it was a weekend. We've had virtually no snow this year, I'd say less than 5 feet. In a typical season, we get 75-100 feet (please note, I did convert the cms to inches for my American friends!)

AFU, my SIL is in town and she wants to be an OBGYN. She's a 4th year med student and she's currently doing a cross country tour trying to match in a 5-year residency program. As far as OBGYNs go, I think she'll be pretty crunchy and as about as left as you can get. She saw her first natural childbirth while on an elective here in December and it was really powerful for her - she's even gone from saying "give me an epi right away" to "I'd like to try natural child birth."

My SIL had me lie down to see if she could feel the position of the baby. For the record, she's head down at 31w5d
love.gif
. I don't really know how you tell a head from a butt, but when she positioned her hands by the baby's head, I definitely got kicked above the belly button line! It won't be long now wee one, so please stay put!!

#16 ·
Krista - I'll echo what everyone else said. I was crampy for a few weeks, I think. Not all day, but definitely every day. I held my breath those first few weeks and was on the constant lookout for any sign of blood (and was even afraid to sneeze!), hoping everything was okay. By the time nausea kicked in around week 8, I was feeling much more secure. Now, at 14.5 weeks, I still feel the occasional twinge or cramp or tug, but I figure it's just the little one stretching things out to make a little more space to grow into. So happy to have you here on this board - congrats again!

Burg - good luck with your upcoming birth! I hope it goes smoothly, and that little one is in your arms soon.

Am I the only one on the board who's not facing a snow day tomorrow? Portland's enjoying a sunny and clear week - temps in the high 40s. It's supposed to be 57 on Friday!

#17 ·
Hello from Snow Day number two! DP and I are wrapped in our cozy fleece and chillin' on our laptops~ I honestly don't care if we're off work all week! The other teachers were moaning about how long the school year's going to be with all the makeup days, but I said that I don't care since I won't have to make them up!

Krista~ How are you feeling? I'm glad everyone's giving you good tips about their crampiness. I don't think I had anything quite that bad, but I certainly had plenty of twinges and pinches and ouches for the whole first tri. When will they do your second beta? That will be really reassuring. And pretty soon you'll be hearing the heartbeat!!! We have an ultrasound pic of the baby at 6 weeks and it's seriously a grey speck within a larger grey splotch, but it was still so nice to see. I'm still so excited for you!!!

AHope~ Stay snug! The wind's blowing 50 mph here too and there's really nothing to do but just stay in and be safe and warm.

Gumshoe~ I know you tough Canucks take all this in stride, but for we of delicate Southern sensibilities freak out if it even gets frosty. However, I've hidden in the basement during a tornado warning, then joined friends for dinner later that night, so we're tough in our own way too
winky.gif
I do appreciate the metric conversion, though! I'm good with Fahrenheit/Centigrade and pounds/kilos, but the length measures escape me.

Amy~ Enjoy your sunshine!! It doesn't snow much where you are, eh? I have friends that live there and I know it rains a bunch but that's mostly it. Still, I've heard nothing but wonderfulness about the city. I hope to visit someday.

Hmmm, wonder what I'll do now? Maybe it's time for a movie.

#18 ·
I was very much looking forward to taking a snow day today. Not because it's *that* snowy, but just so I could have a day to hang out with the kids and possibly paint the nursery. The work drama of the past month wrapped up last night - I got laid off, then not-laid off, and now they're paying my legal fees. What a stress reliever.

Then, my dog got sick and died. I'm absolutely heartbroken. It was quick and he didn't suffer and DW and I were with him at the vet's when it happened. He was fine when we got up at 6:30 am and by 9:00 am he was dead. We don't really know why - perhaps a liver mass or a spleen bursting - but we didn't even get through the diagnostic before he passed away. It was very unexpected. He was my best friend and this totally sucks. Rest in peace my dear Gus.

Universe, just in case you're listening to me, I'm really at my limit and don't think I can take much more. So please don't push me.

#19 ·
Hi guys: It still feels so strange to check in on this board instead of my other home! But I'm really glad to be here.

Thanks for asking about me and for sending reassuring thoughts. I'm still in slight panic mode and just trying not to be. As you know, it is so hard to be...especially after how long each of us have tried to get pregnant before actually seeing that BFP! I made the mistake of temping this morning and seeing a .3 drop made me FREAK OUT and I was positive I was going to miscarry. But I have no spotting or blood and the cramps aren't really happening today. I made DP hide the thermometer because I read online that it's just a good idea to STOP because it only stresses you out.

My second beta is tomorrow and obviously, that's the number and indication we want to be focused on, so I try to remain positive and focused on that!

Sorry to all who are dealing with snow. We in California are a bunch of whiners and could seriously not handle it...even if it meant a snow day from work!

Krista

#20 ·
Gumshoe: I am so, so, so sorry! I know exactly how you feel. I have been through that a couple of times. Lots of hugs and prayers going out to you. Little Gus, rest in peace. And yes, Higher Power. Please no more for Gumshoe.

#26 ·
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and virtual hugs. Gus was more than a fur-baby. He was *totally* my kid. DW and I had been a couple for a year, and we got Gus two weeks before we moved in together. It would have been 7 years this month. He has been an integral part of our relationship and couple story. I miss him horribly. Today is better than yesterday and I'm crying a lot less (I'm sure that the pregnancy hormones are not assisting me at all in this area). Tonight will be hard because DW had to go out of town for work and Gus is who I snuggled with in her absence. DW put one of his stuffed animals in our bed for me. I'm not working today, but just getting stuff done around the house, mostly in the nursery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.