February Queer Conceptions 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
krista, oh, no! that is terrible news. i'm so sorry... greensad.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#122 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Oh, Krista, I'm so sorry to hear your news about the beta. hug2.gif We're all here for you.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#123 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 10:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

Krista: hug.gif I'm so sorry. Obviously you aren't absolutely out, but I know you know that the number doesn't look great. What can you do to take good care of yourself during the next few days? Can you do something distracting (movie, funny book, lots of sleep, etc.)? Or something nice for yourself (massage, good food, etc.)? If it is useful, you may want to check out the Pregnancy and Birth loss forum. If you post there, you'll get some kind responses. Is there anything I/we can do to help? I'm sorry you're having to go through this. hug2.gif

Isa: I hope you have a great non-POAS weekend. I think sometimes the time just before I start obsessing about timing can be really nice and low-key.

Seraf: How fun that you'll be an aunt! I'm with Osha--what do people who don't read much do? Hey, when you have a chance can you move me to waiting to know? Thanks.

Vegan: I think you and I might be cycle buddies!

Max: I'm sorry about your bfn, but it is still early. I hope you get more exciting news soon! fingersx.gif

Starling: Great number! Congratulations!

Gelly: I'm sorry about the red tape. When I started with my RE, I went in at a random time for an initial consultation, then the next cycle I did day 3 bloodwork. I hope your insurance company gets it all figured out soon!

AmandaMom: hug.gif I'm sorry. What a total disappointment. Isn't it amazing how hard this process can be sometimes? I'm sorry that you and your wife are not on the same page right now. I hope that you'll be able to find some more common ground soon. hug2.gif

AFM: I had enough of a temp rise that I think I ovulated. It's annoying to me that I usually don't have the kind of huge dramatic temp rise I would like, but I know that is just how my body works these days. I am determined next cycle (unless I am insanely lucky and there isn't a next cycle) to get in two IUIs, which means I have to insem before the positive opk, which means that as soon as I think I might need to insem I need to just do it and not second guess myself. Remind me of that, please. One funny thing is that I thought this cycle that we were trying for a November baby, but I just realized that the due date would actually be late October. So I've been having little talks with the babe and telling it that if it wants a late October/early November birthday, this is the time to be conceived! We'll see what it decides.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#124 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Krista, I'm so sorry.  Hugs for you.

Isa, they're worried because because because.  She's so young, they have only been married a short time, they want to go to college, they just bought a house, they generally have a lot on their plate.  Parents want their kids to do things in the most efficent order.  Throwing a baby in the mix will slow things down, ya know.  He's unemployed and military, that doesn't help either, I'm sure.  Baby, good news, bad timing.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#125 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgulbransen View Post

Hi guys. I have some bad news. My beta only went from 28 to 32 so this does not look like a viable pregnancy. They want me to keep taking Prometrium and retest on Sunday but I already felt like this wasn't going right.

Krista

So very sorry, Krista.  What a huge disappointment. grouphug.gif

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#126 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 11:38 AM

Oh Krista, I'm so sorry.  Take care of yourself right now. 

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#127 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM

I am so, so sorry Krista. greensad.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#128 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 11:42 AM

oh no krista!!!!  sending you lots of love and light and hugs.  :(

starling that's an amazing beta #!!  how many dpo was that taken?  looks like a twin number if it was around 14dpo.  :O

hugs again to the bfns.  they are so hard to see.

afu - yesterday dp forgot to poas for the monitor (seriously ladies, she is so blase about this whole process) but today's at cd15 went to high.  she has recently weaned ds2 - we made it to a year which was her goal - so we wonder if her fertility is readjusting again.  she already has ewcm.

i know a couple of folks have mentioned recently that their dp's really aren't coming across as being supportive of the bfns etc...  have you talked about it?  you know it could be that they are as disappointed as you and are putting up barriers to protect themselves?  ttc is a drain on both people, even the one not trying to get pregnant. 

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#129 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM

Found this on Baby Center and wanted to pass it on to others using Midwest:
Quote:
Just got off the phone with Vicky and Joanne and they wanted me to let everyone know they are doing everything they can to get back up and going. They feel horrible for everyone and want nothing more but for everyone here to get pregnant. They said they are praying for everyone and asked for us to pray for them. :-) Just passing on my conversation. It does sound like they will be opening much sooner than they originally thought and they are doing everything they can to do so.

ALSO...I read that they are thinking about reopening next week...(but then closing when Joanne goes on vacation at the end of the month...but I guess they close at the same time every year when she leaves)

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

#130 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 PM

Krista--so, so sorry. Big hugs to you.

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#131 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Max ... I am so sorry to hear about your bfn!  I'll keep everything crossed for you.  goodvibes.gif

Krista ... Oh, how I wish that you had happy news!  I'm so sorry that your numbers are not comforting.  It's not over yet!  Many hugs to you, hon.  Take good care of yourself. grouphug.gif

Seraf ... I'm stuck on the trauma ambulance, unfortunately.  To go into dispatch is different training, and there are private companies here who do the stable hospital transfers.  I think I just need to adjust my attitude.  Normally I love my job.  Just reticent about it, what with the pregnancy.  But I did it once before and other women do it all the time ... so I need to take off my pity panties and put on my big girl briefs and stop whining.  And I'm with Osha ... what WOULD we do without books?

Vegan ... Good luck!  dust.gif

Cejae ... That's funny!  I always think of 777 as a lucky gambling number, but I'll take the approval of Himself too! 

Isa ... I think I've left it too late to get a different job.  I had a lead about driving blood around from hospital to hospital, but I never followed it up.  Now if I change jobs, I'd probably be 'laid off' when I started to show.  Meh.  Like I said to Seraf up there, I think I just need an attitude adjustment, and perhaps a couple of shifts without getting brains or barf or guts on my uniform pants.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#132 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 12:54 PM

Sorry I didn't get back sooner girls. Yesterday was a bit difficult. Krista, I know exactly what you are going through. I went to the doctor's office and my beta had dropped from 81 to 21 (yesterday). Apparently, I miscarried when I had my period or whatever it was. It was a normal period, but my gf reminded me last night that I got the heating pad out bc of my cramps (which I have never had to do before). They think the numbers started out really high, and the 81 was actually on its way down. So apparently the mystery is solved. I had a miscarriage (a very early one). My progesterone was very low when they tested me on Tuesday. It was a 1.97. I am wondering if that is what caused me to miscarry. 

I know that there is nothing that I could have done to stop it, but I just can't understand why I didn't get any positive HPT's on days 13, 14, or 15. If I had I would have continued with my progesterone. The only other thing that strikes me as odd about this cycle is that my period came on pretty quickly (about 1 day) after I stopped the suppositories. I wonder if that's what made me miscarry? I will never know, but I want to do everything possible to keep it from happening again. 

I think I have a luteal phase defect. On my only cycle without progesterone, I had a 10 day luteal phase, and my prog. was a 4. They didn't test me until day 10 so they said they weren't sure if the prog. was low bc I was about to start my period or if my period started bc my progesterone was low. The next cycle we started suppositories (which I DESPISE, but I will endure if it saves the baby) so they never tested my prog. levels again. 

Do ya'll think I had a late implanter or something? What if they are all late implanters? Is there something else besides prog. I can do? Anyone ever gone through this? 

By the way, My screen name is Team Usery (like Team Aniston or Team Jolie) :) because my gf's last name is Usery, but my real name is Erica. 

I appreciate how kind and helpful you all are! I am glad that I found this group. 

Erica

Erica (28) Donna (41)  TTC since October 2010
IUI #1 October 2010  Clomid 50 mg and Ovidrel - neg.gif
IUI #2 November 2010 Clomid 150 mg and Ovidrel -neg.gifIUI #3 January 2011 (day before great snowstorm of the century) Femera, Gonal-F, and  Ovidrel neg.gif, period, and a week later pos.gifjoy.gifSadly, God needed my...angel.gif
#133 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 PM

Does anyone know if I will have another period or will I just have one again in a few weeks? I am just wondering what to expect. I might not be completely finished miscarrying. I can't start trying again until after I go and get my levels checked again next Wednesday. 

At least that means I can get pregnant right? I am trying to find the silver lining here, but it is really hard. 

IUI #2 November 2010 Clomid 150 mg and Ovidrel -neg.gifIUI #3 January 2011 (day before great snowstorm of the century) Femera, Gonal-F, and  Ovidrel neg.gif, period, and a week later pos.gifjoy.gifSadly, God needed my...angel.gif
#134 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Tea: I've PMed you but I wanted to talk about some of the things we are going through in case others can learn from it.

10 days of LP is short and many would say that's a Luteal Phase Defect (LPD) although not all doctors believe in it. Progesterone supplements can be a little tricky. Technically, you are supposed to take them for 14 days after ovulation. Then, you test and if it's positive go get the blood test, if neg than stop taking them so your period can come on (which is what is sounded like happened to you). But it can be a crap shoot because if you're off on ovulation, then you might just be getting early negatives.

You can beat yourself up all which way to heaven about the progesterone, but you did what you were supposed to do. And your period came on pretty quickly. It sounds to me like your body knew it wasn't viable pretty quickly and started to expel it but not everything came together so quickly. And you were expecting a regular period, not to be going through a miscarraige. Sometimes, when the body miscarries, the HCG beta number will still climb a bit.

I know it's hard not to be discouraged. I am. But I've found kind words from people who have been through it. 50% of pregnancies can end in miscarriage. Having one miscarriage (especially if it was a chemical) does not mean you won't get pregnant again and more so, it doesn't even mean you will miscarry again. At least you and I are getting that 50% out of the way and then we get into another statistic which is only 1-2% of women have repeat chemicals.

Hang in there. Keep coming back to the board!

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#135 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 01:27 PM

Team and Krista, hang in there.  Two cycles before DP got pregnant she had an experience much like yours Team (period and then weird spotting and then a positive, but way too low, HCG test).  I also had a chemical pregnancy at a certain point.  You *can* get pregnant after an early miscarriage and Krista is right - it means very little about your ability to carry a pregnancy to term.  Later miscarriages are more important in that regard, not these early ones.  Of course, none of that makes it less painful. 

You're both in good company.  Between my partner and I I think we counted something like 24 cycles of inseminations, 2 early miscarriages, 1 child and 2 on the way.  To say the least it was a *brutal* couple of years.  So if you ever need to talk to someone who understand the emotional, financial, logistical roller coaster, feel free to PM me. 

Hang in there.

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#136 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 02:43 PM

Teamusery: hug.gif I'm sorry. What an intense last few days these have been for you. hug2.gif

Once your hcg reaches 0 (which should happen for you in the next few days), your body will either start gearing up for ovulation (in which case you might ovulate a couple of weeks later) or it may bleed again. It seems like nobody can predict which one will happen for an individual. Most doctors recommend that you wait until you've had a normal period to try again. I know my cycle changed quite a bit after my 7.5 week miscarriage, so that could also happen for you.

My guesses: I really doubt that low progesterone was what caused the pregnancy not to progress. Your hcg level at 20-something (22?) dpo was low enough that it sounds to me like the babe just wasn't growing properly and so your body knew not to maintain the pregnancy. My guess is that the baby wasn't developing well from the very beginning, which is why your hcg level was initially low enough that you got negative pregnancy tests. I don't necessarily think this is important for everyone, but for your own sanity after this experience you may want to consider getting blood pregnancy tests at 12 or 14 dpo in the future just so you don't feel like you have to keep testing endlessly. I don't think that your period starting a day or so after you stopped the progesterone is a sign that the progesterone caused anything to go wrong. I think for many people AF arrives shortly after they stop progesterone (and I know for me it can vary from month to month exactly how long that takes). It does sound like you may have a luteal phase defect, but the progesterone supplementation should help with that.

Like Krista said, all studies indicate that most people who have a miscarriage or even multiple miscarriages go on to have a healthy baby. There are some good books on this out there--let me know if you want some titles of ones I recommend.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#137 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 03:26 PM

I posted a long post earlier, but apparently it didn't take.  I'll try and recreate:

Krista and TeamU/Erica (I like Erica better)~ Biggest of hugs from me.  Krista, do let us know what the doc says, and do take your prometrium until then. Erica, you CAN get pregnant and will again, a real sticky bean for sure.  Nothing will make you feel better right now, but we're all here for you.

Starling~ 777 is the luckiest beta number I've ever heard. Maybe the embie split and you've twins on the way?  EXCITING!!  Concerning about your job, though.  I'd worry too with all that lifting and sick folks.  Do be careful!

AMom~ I'm sorry you didn't get your result, but you're right to think that the sixth time's a charm. It was our sixth try that was successful, and I never cried harder than at my 5th bfn.  Hang in there!!!

Seraf~ A hug from me to your awesome kid who knows the value of a good book!

Max~ Don't be down, it's still way too early!!!  

Fingers crossed to those we have waiting, and apologies to those I've forgotten. You ladies are excellent xoxo

AFM~ More snow. I may never work again....

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#138 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 03:34 PM

Team--I am so sorry! I think one of the worst things about all of this is the highs and lows of it all....extreme excitment and hope to disappointment and sadness. Take care of yourself and know that many of us have been through it too...and we are here to listen! I know that all bodies are different but with such a early miscarriage, your cycle should begin again soon. As Esher said, as soon as your levels drop back to zero, you will probably restart the cycle. I would continue to keep track (using the first day of your last "period"--miscarriage) as day one...just to see what happens. My period started exactly 28 days from my miscarriage (I was 6 weeks along)...but my next cycle (the one I am currently in) is all screwed up. I ovulated 4 days later than normal and I am on day 29 of my cycle (which has always been 28 days long...). It's frustrating and sad, but YES! (as you so positively stated)...it has now been proven that you can get pregnant...little consolation to the disappointment...but the thought definitely helped me. Hang in there, Erica. I am keeping you and Krista in my thoughts.

#139 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 04:14 PM

Thanks ya'll. Escher, I would like some of those titles if you wouldn't mind giving them to me. I need all the help I can get since I probably won't get it from the doctor. 

My hcg levels were 81 at 22dpo, and then 21 at 24dpo. The nurses at the doctor's office said they were probably higher than 81 and that the 81 was on the downside after the miscarriage. I guess that's why I thought it might have been the progesterone. At some point, it got higher than an 81. Who knows? It is probably one of those weird "we'll never understand it even if we wrack our brains forever" things. At least I know that I am not alone. It is such a comfort to hear all of your words of encouragement.  I guess everyone is right, it just wasn't viable for some reason. 

A reason I won't ever know. I am glad to hear the positive words about being able to get pregnant again. I have this irrational fear though that this might happen every time. I know that it probably won't, but I guess it is just still fresh right now. 

Well I have two choices. I can be traumatized and live without ever having a child or I can jump back on the horse (not literally...............my gf wouldn't like that) and try again. We are going to go with the latter choice. I'll see my baby one day in Heaven as will each one of you who have lost one too. Until then, they can all be playmates and know that their mommies love them very much. 

Now it is time to try to have one that will make it here on Earth. 

I wish you all good luck in your cycles. No one understands how difficult this is unless they've been through it, and it is even more difficult for us who have to go to great lengths because of "male factor" infertility. :) That's what my doctor called it. Oh and PCOS but that's a whole nother animal. :)

If I hear one more person say, "Just stop trying and it will happen." I might scream. Newsflash: WE CAN"T STOP TRYING.............................IF WE DO, It REALLY won't happen. 

Lots of love ladies. 

Erica 

#140 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 04:21 PM

And I definitely think I am going to start requesting that blood test whether they want to give it to me or not. That's a great idea! thumb.gif

#141 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 05:05 PM

hug.gif Team and Krista.

I had 2 m/c (about 10 weeks and 5ish weeks) and one chemical before getting pregnant with DD. It was so hard. I felt like I was living a nightmare. I had super regular cycles, O'd every cycle, no known problems at all. I was told how common m/c is and that it was my body doing what was best. I hated hearing that at the time but looking back I know it was right. Even though I didn't have any diagnosed issue I started chinese herbs and acupuncture and my cycles got even more  picture perfect! My luteal phase went from 12 to 14 days and I ended up getting a more obvious temp spike. The main thing it did for me though was keep me balanced emotionally....which was so important. My 3rd cycle after starting I got pregnant with DD and had a very healthy pregnancy.

Miscarriage is hard but so, so common. I hate that it's not talked about more often.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#142 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 05:10 PM

so sorry teamu.  that is really sad news.  :(  more love, light and hugs being sent out your way.

osha rocks btw!!!  we have 2 book loving kids here too.  ds1 does get some tv but it is VERY, VERY rationed.  ds2 just in the last month became extremely excited about books and brings them to us at daycare and at home.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#143 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 05:42 PM

If I hear one more person say, "Just stop trying and it will happen." I might scream. Newsflash: WE CAN"T STOP TRYING.............................IF WE DO, It REALLY won't happen. 

truedat.gif

Me 28, DW 32 partners.gif Married since 2008. Mom to 2 kitties and a dog. Expecting #1 July 2012.
#144 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Erica, I also had a very early loss. The day after my first positive. I conceived Osha 2 weeks later. Before I was confirmed pregnant with him I had a dream that I was holding a black haired baby and talking to a little blond girl who was strangely translucent. I thought the dream was just odd until I gave birth to my black haired boy. I had perfect 28 day cycles until then. They never were as regular after Osha's birth.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#145 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 06:51 PM

Krista and Erica~ I'm so sorry for both of your losses. hug2.gif

Gelly 

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#146 of 583 Old 02-04-2011, 09:15 PM

Krista and Erica - Thinking of you both grouphug.gif. Very sad to read your news.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#147 of 583 Old 02-05-2011, 05:39 AM

Has anyone ever taken Vitamin B6 or anything like that for a luteal phase problem? I read something about Vitamin B6, but I might have gotten things mixed up. I have read so much that it is hard to keep it straight sometimes. 

I thought about getting some now since I have to wait a little while. 

#148 of 583 Old 02-05-2011, 05:53 AM

Carmen, 

Your little girl is beautiful. Is she your only right now?

Seraf,

I was touched by your story. Thank you for sharing that. Was the other child the one you had lost? I assumed it was. That is precious. I think mine would have been a boy. I don't know why. I guess I needed it to have a gender so I could imagine what he would have looked like. I believe with all my heart that those babies are in Heaven waiting for us. It doesn't make it easier right now, but I like to think that they will have a perfect life. 

Thanks for everyone's kind words. Day by day it will get easier. I made it all day yesterday without breaking down..............................until I got home from school. At least I held it together in front of the kids. Whew. I let myself cry though. I think it is important to grieve each loss so that you can keep moving. So I am allowing myself to be sad...........................

So I love to read stories. I want to hear some other stories of the trying to conceive journey. How long have ya'll been trying? Medicines? Doctor? Home? Have you had support from friends, family, or coworkers or have you kept it quiet? 

It makes me smile to see some of you trying for number 2. You just don't know. A year ago when we started researching this we started at GROUND ZERO. We didn't even know how two girls could get pregnant (besides the turkey baster..................which we bought....................we really thought we would use one). Ughhhh! I didn't know if anyone would work with us. I had never heard of any of these sperm banks, etc, etc. etc. We just started googling, calling, and holding our breath. I can't believe that we have made it this far! I am so glad that we aren't alone. Sometimes it feels like we are, but after meeting you girls, I know that we are far from alone. Thank you again girls for your support, knowledge, encouragement, and hope. It means that world to me and my gf (I've let her read all the posts). 

Lots of love girls!

Erica

#149 of 583 Old 02-05-2011, 06:25 AM

TeamU, about B-6... I started taking it after my first pregnancy that ended in a miscarriage at 6 weeks... I took it for 3 months while I waited to try again (for the record, I only waited that long because the RE suspected an ectopic pg and wanted me to wait). I got pg again on the next try! I didn't have morning sickness and I totally attribute that to the B-6 as well. I'm still taking it daily at 8 months along! I figured, why stop? smile.gif also, after the m/c, I started vit d3 (I found out I was extremely deficient and that D3 deficiency can cause m/c), I also started taking baby aspirin daily to avoid any blood clotting issues that could cause m/c. I continued the D3 once I conceived again but stopped the daily aspirin. I can't tell you if it were any of those things that made the second pg stick, but it did and doing those things made me feel proactive. I also started acupuncture for fertility. I continued through the 1st trimester and started back up in the 3rd. I know loss is hard but you can get pregnant(!) and you will again! Have you heard that you are extra fertile in the months following a m/c? I have read that. Oh, and are you the one who asked about cycles returning after m/c? I can't remember... Anyway, I bled for about 7 days, got fertile signs around CD21 (the most obvious signs I've ever had) and had a normal (for me) LP of 12 days. But not everyone is like that. I agree with lisedea, start tracking it as a cycle just to see what happens. I had never been so proud of my body when I o'd after that m/c! Sending you much love, mama.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#150 of 583 Old 02-05-2011, 06:52 AM

That's weird because I am also Vitamin D deficient. I was diagnosed several years ago, but my RE said that my levels were fine. I don't believe him. Did you get a prescription for those vitamins or buy OTC? 

I didn't know Vitamin D could cause a miscarriage. That's just wild. Is there any connection between insulin resistance and all of this. Insulin resistance was really the only major PCOS symptom that I had. He gave me metformin. He started me out at 500 mg XR at night, and then upped me to 1500 mg without rechecking my levels. It was in the form of two 750mg pills at night. That made me shaky, starving, light headed, etc. I took it upon myself to go down to half the dose 750 mg because of the symptoms. My gf is livid at them for not rechecking my levels. He told her that they didn't need to. 

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page