om.gifTaking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready 

* Prettyisa  BFPChart2.gif (May 2011)
* DesertSunset (August 2011)

* KSDoulaMama (May/June 2011)

* MaxK

* cnmk14

* KellySF

* Lisedea  BFPChart2.gif

* Gellybeangrl BFPChart2.gif (February 2011)

* Serepartera (February 2011)

* Miss Scarlett BFPChart2.gif
* MrsPP (March 2011)
* Milletpuff
* Indigoscot & DP (May/June 2011)
* Chiquitayy BFPChart2.gif chart1.gif
* Carmen358 BFPChart2.gif
* onemommyonemama (April 2011)

2011 Graduates!

February * Escher12  BFPChart2.gif  joy.gif  *SharriKitColorado  BFPChart2.gif joy.gif * DAWNMP1  joy.gif

January * Kgulbransen    BFPChart2.gif    joy.gif   * Starling&diesel joy.gif

2010 Graduates!

December * FiveGrandBaby 8/27/11 

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11

September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11

August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11

July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11

June * Coco & DP 2/14/11

May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11

April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32

February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP

January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess

October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl

September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious

August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'

July * Hbog

May * Indigoscot's dp

April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen

March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4

February * Deny_zoo29

January * Jodybird511

2008 Graduates!

December * DM630 * Raene * Wazzmum

October * JennM1021 * Lexbeach's DP* QTRANDI

September * Ellie74

August * Heart-n-bones * Love My Family

July * Giggleblue * Pranava ** Quasar & DP Smartycat

June * Starling&diesel * PiGirl * Erica12009

April * Tigermiep * MujerMamaMismo * Tiggerkong22 * Simcon * 2happymamas

March * JenInMpls * Mahrens77

January * Cookie70

2007 Graduates!

December * Scalpel

November * Mamimapster * AngelaM * Solejean * Lmh222

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#2 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Happy Februay!  This can just be for the first day or first week if anyone else wants to make a new thread.  Post updates in bold if you don't mind!

With this being a short month, we have fewer days to get BFPs, but throwing V-day in there has to give us some extra luck, right?  Go get 'em, girls!

#3 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 07:42 AM

Thanks, Seraf! I hope that this thread brings you lots of luck. fingersx.gif

Krista and Starling: I'm still SO excited for you! orngbiggrin.gif

Teamusery: Wow! What a surprising test result! I hope the blood test goes well. The truth is that one blood test probably won't tell you much (since it seems from your home pregnancy tests that it is unlikely to be actually negative). You'll probably have a lot more information once you've done two tests and you can see the doubling (fingersx.gif) times. If you are pregnant, I think you might be the first person who was pregnant and didn't know it at the time they joined Q&C. lol.gif Anyway, I have my fingers crossed for good news for you!

AmandaMom: How was your temp today? I'm stalking your chart! fingersx.gif

Max: How are you feeling today? How many dpo are you now? fingersx.gif

Lisedea? Mami2mami? SharriKitColorado? Any news? fingersx.gif

AFM: CD 8. I'm worried I'm going to ovulate soon, since I had massive EW today. Boo. My theory is that because of the progesterone my body thinks that my cycle starts before I actually get my period. Does that seem at all reasonable? Probably not.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#4 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 07:48 AM

Seraf~ Thanks for starting the new thread! I can't imagine anyone would feel put out by it, it's good to take initiative. 

TeamU~ WTF?!?!?  I'm as puzzled as you are, but am eager to hear the results. People have bleeding in early pregnancy, maybe you're just pregnant. Three in one cycle! Come on AMOM!!!

Krista~ That's totally a line, and a line is  a line. I'll bet you are freaking out with excitement!  How are you feeling?  

Starling~ How are YOU feeling?  Are you keeping the embryo photo on your fridge? I'd put that on the shower invites or the birth announcement~ hilarious.

I'm sure I've missed someone, for which I apologize. We're blizzarded in here, which is really kind of lovely, despite the cold. I've got no deeds to do no promises to keep for at least 24 hours. I plan on getting some baby room chores and some writing done. Woohoo!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#5 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 08:10 AM

krista and starling BIG HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!  i'm so excited for you both!!!  and here is the obligatory veggie parade of happiness!!

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

wow, what a day! :D

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#6 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 08:12 AM

Thanks seraf! Shiny, new thread - love it! 

I still can't believe what an amazing day is was on this thread yesterday. Oh and I owe Starling a few of these: jumpers.gif broc1.gifsticky.gifcarrot.gifjumpers.gif

BIG, HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So, so happy for you!

Tea - Oh my goodness - you're next! What a crazy story! Can't wait to hear what the doc says. fingersx.gif

Isa - It was SO NICE to meet you guys! Could you tell I was totally nervous at first? innocent.gif And yes, we definitely need to get together again soon. I will let you know the next time Nicki's band is playing - they are really good. I know, biased, but they are! Thank you for that link! I just got the shipping conformation for the long profile we ordered - so excited! 

Krista - AHHH! Look at that beautiful pink line! I can't even express how happy I am for you. So awesome.

Max, Lisedea, AMom, Kit, mami - any news? How are you all feeling?

Hello to everyone else! wave.gif

AFM - Well we are gearing up for what the news stations are calling SNOWMAGGEDON! DP just went to the store to grab provisions - frozen pizza, double bottle of Cabernet and oranges (to prevent scurvy). We finally heard about the job - it's a no-go. BUT the staff attorney called her personally to say things like "we really, really liked you" and "you have a bright future" and "if we are hiring for an attorney position you are first on the list". They ended up hiring a paralegal instead of an attorney. Apparently the reason the decision took so long to make was because half the people were fighting for Nicki (an attorney) and the other half were fighting for the paralegal. I'm sure it all has to do with $$. We are totally okay with the news too, believe it or not. When doors close windows open, right? Just so happens a friend knows a friend doing hiring at another place and recommended Nicki - resume has been sent it - just waiting again. Other folks are coming out of the woodwork to offer up assistance and spread the word/her resume. Something will come along and it will be perfect. 

In ttc news we are no longer bummed about the closing of Midwest because we have moved on to Northwest and found the. perfect. guy. I know I shouldn't get too attached because it could be awhile but for now he is the one. And I am happy. 

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#7 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 AM

MrsP~ I'm very sorry about the job, but it does sound like it was lost in the best possible way, and that she's in a good spot should they be able to hire in the future. And losing to a bad budget is much better than losing to another person.  We're having SNOWMAGEDDON right now, and have plenty of clementines, but sadly no Cab Sav :(   

Escher~ I had the same reaction to progesterone.  If I had a regular cycle, my luteal phase was about 12-14 days. If I had an insem cycle with the femara, my LP would be 14 days, and then I'd start the progesterone. The times it was negative, the following cycle would have an LP of about 10 days.  My success cycle was like that, I o'd on day 10 I think, and if I hadn't been obsessive with my opks I'd have missed it.  I'm sorry if it means you'll miss this one, but maybe if you're aware of it, you can be prepared next time? 

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#8 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 09:12 AM

Hi guys: I couldn't sleep last night. How am I going to have a child if I'm worried all the time? More tests in the middle of the night and this morning produced same faint lines. I am waiting for blood test results today but I just have this huge fear of a chemical so I'm having a hard time believing. I appreciate all of you that are believing for me! It really helps.

Escher: I had that exact situation the first time I took Progesterone. I ended up ovulating on CD11 or something short like that (whereas I normally O on CD16). But once I did the calculations, I realized that although I had been taking Progesterone, since I didn't get pregnant, my body started the cycle anyone and so my first day of my cycle ended up getting miscalculated. I'd say Prometrium is one of the most difficult parts of the process and is a double edged sword. It's great to support a pregnancy but screws with your symptoms, thoughts of pregnancy, and overall cycle. Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#9 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 09:17 AM

Krista~ Sorry, but I had to laugh about you worrying so much, how can you have a kid!?  I feel the same way. Every time I freak out about whether or not she's kicking enough, I just imagine what it's going to be like when she's in high school and wants to go out on her own. But I think that's just part of the roller coaster.  I'm looking forward to your blood results, though not as much as you, I'll bet!

#10 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 09:25 AM

Hang in there Krista, I so feel you on the anxiety front!  There were at least two nights in early pregnancy that I was so anxious (and thus up all night) that I convinced myself that the anxiety alone was going to cause me to miscarry.  It didn't.  Hang in there and I'm keeping all fingers crossed for you blood test results. 

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#11 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 09:54 AM

It's me again. Beta is a 28 which means I'm definitely pregnant. I think I was 14DPO when I took the test, but Fertility Friend thinks I was more like DPO9. I'm really not sure. Regardless, what they want to see is the numbers doubling so we'll have to wait for the next installment of the soap opera which will come on Friday morning after my test on Thursday!

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#12 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

hey everyone,

i'm new around here :)

I have a daughter, Z, who is almost 2. My amazin partner carried her. Now for the big switcheroo and I'm up. We aren't starting to insem yet - waiting until April after we move. I've done all our clinic's tests (in Canada and have to insem in a clinic with there timing). Anyways all seemed normal so far.  

I'm been lurking here to get myself pumped for the roller coaster. I'm so excited - but I remember the waiting and ups and downs. Nice to know that this time I'll be waiting with others

me 'mommy' (27) and DW 'mama' (34) parents to 'Sprout' (21 months) and waiting to concieve stork-suprise.gif

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#13 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 10:39 AM

Krista~ WOOHOOOO!!!!!!   Keep worrying!  What's your EDD?  

OneMommy~ Welcome! This is a great board, very fun and friendly. Happy to be included on your journey. 

Still. So. Cold. 

#14 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 AM

Krista: Yay for the positive first beta!  Can't wait to hear more good news on Friday.  Stick, baby, stick!  sticky.gif  And how incredible does it feel to say "I'm definitely pregnant"?  I hope you can relax enough to enjoy this moment.  Just take your prenatal vitamins, drink lots of water, and take it easy. 

I just canceled my 2pm class because of the weather, so now I just have to drive the 45 minutes home in an ostensibly "life threatening blizzard."  Good times!  Snow day tomorrow! Yay!

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#15 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Teamusery—Whoa, how odd. I hope it’s good news or no news, and not bad.

Mrs. PP—sorry to hear about the job. But it is nice to know that they chose to hire a whole other class of professional, and not that there was someone better than her on the list. I hope that other one comes through!!

Escher—that sucks! Any chance you’d be able to get an insem in if it is the next couple days?

Krista—yay for a good beta! And don’t worry too much, if you can help it. Otherwise you’ll use it all up and not have any left over for driver’s ed.

Hi OneMommy! Welcome! Where are you moving from/to?

AFM—Sadly my library is a warming center so it NEVER CLOSES and if there’s any way for me to possibly get here tomorrow I have to show up. DP’s already getting sent home from work early and might get to spend tomorrow on the couch with the hounds while I brave the blizzard alone. Unfortunately we watched the PBS documentary on one of the Arctic expeditions last night. About the time they started shooting each other for stealing food and talking about limbs falling off from frostbite (it’s ok, they reassured us, he didn’t even notice!) I wanted to turn it off, but it was ‘history’ so we had to watch the whole thing. Anyway, it makes me uneasy with snowpocalypse on the way…

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#16 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 12:18 PM

Isa~ YIKES!!!  Our public library system closed completely, but I don't know if they're warming centers or not.  I'm sorry you have to brave the terror!  Some of the school districts have already closed for tomorrow, but not mine, at least not yet.  Still, the snow's still blowing outside, and it's 50 mph wind, I can't imagine we'll be making kids stand on bus stops in this.  But you never know!    The Polar exhibitions that went bad are pretty harrowing. I can never stand it when they start to eat the dogs.   Stay warm!

#17 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 12:37 PM

Just had to share what has been floating around my facebook today - Snowmageddon, Snowpocalypse, Snowtorious B.I.G, Snowstradamus, SnOprah, SnOMG! 

It's starting to really come down now - The Weather Channel said 24+ inches for Chicago which would be a "historic storm of epic proportions". The wind is intense. The kids are napping and I am wondering if their parents will come home early....I think I may have to tell them I'm not coming tomorrow. The university I attend cancelled classes today and tomorrow - first time it has closed since the 1970's! 

Isa - I will be thinking of you! Please let us know when you get home safe.

OneMommy - Hello and WELCOME! wave.gif

Krista - Hooray for your beta!

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#18 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 01:25 PM

Hello all! Happy February!

Krista—Congrats on the beta numbers! Excellent!

Starling—Any updates??

MrsPP—Sorry about the job…it is great that you see the positive side of things…but I am sure it was still hard to find out. Wonderful to know that she made it so far in both jobs she applied for AND that it came down between her and someone else with a different title! She is bound to find the perfect job soon! Glad to hear you found the perfect donor…we haven’t found one yet. I am sure this has been a QOTD before (how could it not be!?!)…but I would like to know from all…What do you look for in a donor?

Welcome OneMommy!!! Glad to have you here!

8-11dpo. Tested yesterday because Danielle wanted me to (since it was our initial day to test..) and it was negative….I was not surprised about that. Besides the fact that it is early, I actually really don’t feel pregnant…I know I shouldn’t “give up hope” but I have definitely been mentally planning for our next step. I actually think we are going to take a month off and regroup (figure out donor, get wisdom teeth out, drink lots of wine) and begin again in April. We’ll see…things could change!

To answer my own QOTD…we mostly look at family history of cancers and completely avoid all donors with any. We also look at height and weight (because neither of us is very big…Danielle is TINY!) Those are the big things… We also try to look for someone interested in the arts and sports and has physical characteristics that are similar to both of us since we both plan on carrying using the same donor (although our donor from Midwest was part African American…so it doesn’t always work out like that…and we are totally fine with it)

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#19 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Good luck to all you girls up in the snow!   It's raining here, and my roof is leaking.

oneMommy, welcome!  April?  Do you have a chart you want me to put up?

Lise, Congrats on the sourdough, how is she doing?

CD 1 for me!  I love when I start on the first of the month, it's so much easier to keep track.  Swim team is due to arrive on the 10th, The eggy will be here between the 14th and the 16th and life is good.

QOTD, because I'm nosy, where did your handle come from?  Is it part of your name?  Something you're passionate about? How do you pronounce it?

My answer, it was my nickname, still is in certain circles.  Rhymes with giraffe.

#20 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

A huge thank you to all the supportive folks here ... it is so wonderful to have a safe place to hang out and be real about the ups and downs of all of this crazy baby-making business.  I'll go back and read up for personals later, we had such a busy birthday weekend that I've lost track!  At her fundraising birthday party, my little philanthropist raised $150 dollars and three big baskets of baby food and diapers for Sheway, which is an organization that helps young First Nations moms living in the Downtown Eastside, with is our poorest neighbourhood.  My apologies for not being up to date.  Love to everyone! 

thanks.gif

Oh!  And of course I peed on another stick ... to the tune of $10 up here in Canada.  I had sworn that I wouldn't buy any, but ah well.  The preggo line came up right away and even darker than the control line.  Whoo hoo!  Blood test tomorrow, and back to work.  Now I have to decide how to take better care of myself at work this time.  Last time I worked at a low call volume station, in a small town where everyone helped everyone else, and even bystanders would give us a hand.  Now I work at a station with a huge call volume, and in a city that ain't as friendly and helpful.  We use fire a lot, but often send them away without getting them to do anything.  I'm going to making them stick around and do all the lifting!  But the fact is, I'll be doing a LOT of lifting.  Argh.

Oh, and I got called by the Paramedic Occupational Safety Supervisor to tell me that I've been exposed to Invasive Strep A, which killed a patient that I picked up a couple of weeks ago.  Scratched by his cat on Friday, feverish and delirious on Sunday, dead on Tuesday.  Yoiks! 

(ps.  xposted in the old thread 'cuz I'm a little slow)

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#21 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 01:48 PM

Wow, hearing about all the snow elsewhere seems so surreal when DD and I just took a long walk in the sunshine and about 4 degrees! Stay warm everyone!

QOTD #1 We used a KD so what we looked for was someone we (or one of us) had a solid relationship/history with but was outside of our social circle, someone we really trusted and someone smart, cute and healthy!

QOTD #2 My handle was my cat's name and the site added the random numbers. We just had to put her down on Christmas day this year :(

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#22 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 01:50 PM

Oh, question for those who have/are ttc while nursing. Did you go for the "regular" prenatal testing (day 3, etc.) If yes, what did you get done? (just blood tests I mean...)

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#23 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Hi all!

My partner and I are new to the TTC world and I decided to join in the conversation.  Seems like a great active board community.

DW is trying to get pregnant via IUI and Feb is our first try.  She had CD3 bloodwork on Thursday and we're scheduled to go back on Sunday for CD13 bloodwork and US.  Donor is picked and vials are already waiting at the doctor's office storage unit. 

To answer your QOTD, first we picked the bank we liked best.  Then we narrowed down our donors to ensure no family history of cancer or mental issues, then donors that most resembled me in temperment and interests and had blue eyes like both of us.   We had about 5 choices we deemed "acceptable" and then just went with a gut reaction - the one we both just felt most excited about after reading the profiles. 

Feeling very good and excited for our first try, but trying to stay grounded that this will likely be a longer journey.

Any advice for someone new to IUI? 

Congrats to all the BFPs this month and thanks to you all for sharing your stories-  so inspiring!

Me: 33, DW:32, TTC with IUI beginning in Feb!

Me: 33, DP: 32 belly.gif, together 11 years, 2 crazy dogs and hopefully a little one arriving in November.  stork-suprise.gif

Update --  It's a GIRL!!   Can't wait to meet her!

#24 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 02:31 PM

Seraf's QOTD: lise is my middle name (pronounced like 'lease')...I used 'lisedea' as a screenname for AOL my freshman year of college and it has just stuck whenever I do stuff like this. Dea means goddess...pretty lame, I know.

And Seraf...sourdough starter is great--starting to bubble up...I almost feel the need to name it. smile.gif

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#25 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 02:47 PM

Starling~ Thanks for the terrifying story about the man who died of a cat scratch! *goes and washes all cat's paws in Purell...*  I'm so excited that your test lines are getting darker and darker!!!  An October baby, yes?  I'm glad you have options at your work. Be safe! But I know you will...

Carmen~ I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty.  It's always sad to lose a sweet pet, but on Christmas is just awful.

Dawn~  I never did my own IUIs, so I don't have any specific advice, but I do know that you must never give up. Sometimes that's the hardest thing, but it's worth hanging on to.

QOTD~ Um, I'm a lady who works in a library.  Not so much with the mystery ;)

#26 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 03:07 PM

Welcome.gifDawn and OneMommy! Hope that your stay is short and sweet.

Seraf~ Thanks for starting the February thread!

Escher~ I hope that you are not out for this month. Hugs to you...hug2.gif

Lise~ Sorry that you have to work.

MrsP~ So glad that you found your guy. Sorry to hear that your DP didn't get the job.

Afternoon all!

Well, snowapaloza is apon us. I work for the state of IL...they are nuts. Instead of just closing the offices...or telling the employees that they would be closing the offices at 2pm or 3pm...or whatever, instead they tell us that the office "may" be closing and if we want to go home then we have to take personal leave or vacation leave (which is really not a problem I got time on the books). But the wonderful 'mean girls' at my office (who happen to be the Office Manager and Supervisors) only tell the chosen few that the office is closing and at what time.They do this so that everyone else puts in for Vacation leave and then when the office closes we are screwed out of OPL because we requested vl and didn't wait for the office to officially close. "Mean Girls" are everywhere! Anyway...I got home before the the weather hit...I'm glad that I was home.

I got my official letter from the insurance company telling me that I have been approved for infertility treatment...the only problem, well I see it as a problem is they approved me from 10/13/2010 to 10/12/2011...WTF? The approval letter is postmarked for 1/25/2011 and I received it today 2/1/2011...so how can you start my approval 4 months earlier? Again with getting screwed...and not in a good way.

KD#1~ When we first started looking for a donor who was A+ like DW and who was Italian/Polish also like DW. We did look at their medical history and family history to look for cancer and mental illness too. After our 2nd bank and going through 3-4 donors we started looking for guy's that had more of our temperment and who we had things in common with. We have 2 cycles left with our KD...since we are not sure if the RE will allow us to use fresh sperm from our KD we are also looking at a new bank. Back to reading profiles and picking our Mr. Right.

KD#2~My handle...I used to love JellyBelly's when in college...so I would get teased by my friends...they would call me jelly bean...so I changed it a bit and use it as a username.

To all of you in the path of the snow storm...enjoy your day off and stay safe and warm.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#27 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 03:41 PM

CONGRATULATIONS late January BFP!!! This is so exciting!!
Starling- Congratulations and your job is too dangerous, quit!
banana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifdrum.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifdrum.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifdrum.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifdrum.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif
jumpers.gifpos.gif1sttri.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifpos.gif1sttri.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifpos.gif1sttri.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifpos.gif1sttri.gif
banana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifdrum.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifdrum.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifdrum.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifdrum.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif
jumpers.gifpos.gif1sttri.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifpos.gif1sttri.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifpos.gif1sttri.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifpos.gif1sttri.gif

Krista- I was so crossing my fingers for you, I guess it worked!

Tea
- I’m crossing my fingers that it was positive the whole time! Can't wait to hear what the dr says.
carrot.giffingersx.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#28 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 03:45 PM

OMG! I can’t believe I have four pages to read through!

AmandaMom
- Still too early! Test on Thursday with us!

PrettyIsa
- hug.gif So sorry to hear about your BFN. You really have the right attitude about going on vacation and finding the positive in everything. I know your time will come soon! Keep your chin up.

Escher or Seraf- I am glad you took over this thread. I broke my leg last time I was threadkeeper so have no desire for it anymore!

LiseDea- Still test again on Thursday! Maybe it will turn positive. fingersx.gif

Seraf- Based on your dream you had, do you ever see yourself adopting in the future? We definitely think about it.

SharriKit- Test on Thursday! It’s a testing party!

Gelly- Take that insurance letter and jump on the bandwagon, get your BFP! Where are you in your cycle and when do you think you will be inseminating?

DAWN- Good luck, do you think you will inseminate at the second appointment you have with the doctor? How are you checking your ovulation? IUI was a breeze for me. Just stay relaxed and try to think OPEN thoughts.

2ez- Crossing fingers your eggs look good!

OneMommy-
:welcome

MsPP
- Good to hear from you and that you found even more perfect sperm! I also like your snow storm provisions.

Escher
- I am not sure about the progesterone side effects but your symptoms could really be anything. How are you feeling now?

AFM- I am making little Mexican pizzas on corn tortilla shells and waiting to test. Wednesday (tomorrow) will be 10DPO and Sunday will be 14DPO. I can’t go in for my blood test till 14DPO. I will try to wait till Thursday for my first test. I go back and forth between thinking it worked and it didn't. My signs are all things I have had before so it's hard to tell.

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#29 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 04:08 PM

Gelly~ Eff the mean girls!!! Yesterday when I saw them at school I was as sweet as pie. Kill them with kindness, I say, but they're just too horrible to be believed. I'm glad you have the time to spare, though. Take it off, stay home and keep warm!  This storm is serious bidness, it's still really cold here.  

Max~ SO excited for you to test.  I think we should make this a record-breaking month on QC!!!!

#30 of 583 Old 02-01-2011, 04:27 PM

I just wrote a long reply and then had it disappear, so here is the much shorter version from memory.

Starling: I'm still so excited for you. Good luck figuring out what you need to do to make your work safe!

Krista: Congratulations on a strong first beta! I think it is unfortunately pretty normal to feel nervous at the beginning of a pregnancy. I bet you'll feel better once you have some more symptoms. Thanks also for sharing your experience with prometrium. It's good to know that I'm not the only one whose cycle gets thrown off after progesterone!

Seraf: I think the combination of being threadkeeper and having your cycle start on the first day of the month should be very lucky. fingersx.gif

Max: I still have absolutely everything crossed for you!

Dawn and OMOM: Welcome! I look forward to getting to know you both.

Library: I had forgotten that the reason you ovulated early the time you got pregnant was from taking progesterone the cycle before that. That's hopeful--thanks!

Sorry to everyone I missed.

AFM: Seraf had the brilliant idea that I could contact my RE and see if she could do a quick ultrasound to take a look at what is going on in there. So I emailed my RE, and she said that (assuming the weather is good enough that the office is open tomorrow) she is happy to do that. I'm hopeful that it will give me more information on if it makes sense to insem this cycle.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page