New here, my wife & I just found out... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-22-2011, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That we are pregnant!! I have 3 older (15, 12 & 10) year old children, from a previous relationship, they all 3 have the same father...My wife has no children of her own, but my kiddos do call her mom. They have known all of their lives of my lifestyle, and their father plays a huge role in all of our lives, so its wonderful. He is still my best friend (we started dating in our very young teen years (14) and started having babies soon after. Anyhow, we had discussed with him, being our donor, so that my biological children, would be blood relation to my wifes & my new baby. He agreed with no hesitation. So we started trying at the end of January, thinking it would take a while. He donated to us 4 times, from January 22nd, through February 7th (which is when I think she ovulated, we were using OPK's) Started testing at home, got 6 + pregnancy tests, 3 different brands...some faint as faint could get, (Dollar Tree tests) some very dark. (First response early detection ones) Anyhow, *I* had been nauseous & actually vomiting, while she displayed other symptoms. Sooo Monday we went to the Dr for blood work & urine test. Their urine test came back -, which left us confused, but her AF is not due until February 27th, so still a week before its due at the time of the tests...The Dr called back today to confirm that the blood work came back positive for a pregnancy indeed!! We go back again tomorrow (Wednesday) to make sure her numbers are going up, and find out Thursday if they are! So please keep your fingers crossed for a very sticky baby!! I am surprised, shocked, happy, that it only took 4 times of us doing it on our own with a syringe etc...To get her pregnant. We go March 22nd for our first ultrasound, so I am really looking forward to that!

We are having a fairly big wedding ceremony in May, so she is scared that she wont fit into her tux, lol (I have myself & 6 bridesmaids, each wearing the same dress, but in a different color for the rainbow...Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue & Purple) and her 6 girls will wear tuxes, with their vests each matching my girls dresses...We also just got our first new car, so we have a lot of things going on & lots of $$ going out, but in the end, it will all be worth it!!

Anyhow, sorry for such a long post, I have been a lurker here for a while, but figured now is the time that we need support from others in similar situations as ours, so I hope to get to meet you all and thank you for hearing me out!!

P~Our older kids are very excited for the new baby coming, although our 10 year old DD is pleading for a sister, she says her brothers are way too annoying and she needs a girl, rofl!! I am lucky to be in a situation, where all of my kids, their friends & hetro parents, are all great with my lifestyle, both of our families are 110% supportive all around & the father of my 3 kiddos, is amazingly supportive to my wife & I. He is an unusually one of a kind guy & for years, has accepted my lifestyle with no ifs ands, or buts & the kids all seeing how he is okay with my life, probably makes it easier on them. They seem to take it as second nature, and have seen me go through approx. 3 other long term girlfriends, some serious, others not so much, over the years...So they understand and are okay with it, and have never been as close to any of my ex's ad they are my wife. I love seeing them love her, call her mom etc...

(Parent teacher conferences were awesome, the first time all 3 of us went!! The teachers are all amazing & think its wonderful that the kids have 3 parents who love & adore them, and also get along as friends, given our situation.)

whew,...sorry, really I am, lol!! TTYS!!

~JW

rainbow1284.gifApril & Jenn--Mommy & Mama To Three Kiddos, DS-17 jammin.gif DS-14 wild.gif & DD-12 hearts.gif Rest in Peace sweet Elliana, our DD who was stillborn 10-1-11. You will forever be our Sunshine coolshine.gif Cautiously anticipating our rainbow baby on the 4th of July!! rainbow1284.gif

#2 of 5 Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM

Congrats and Welcome! wow, your family sounds wonderful! orngbiggrin.gif

when you are ready, come join us in Queer & Pregnant!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#3 of 5 Old 02-22-2011, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much!! :)

rainbow1284.gifApril & Jenn--Mommy & Mama To Three Kiddos, DS-17 jammin.gif DS-14 wild.gif & DD-12 hearts.gif Rest in Peace sweet Elliana, our DD who was stillborn 10-1-11. You will forever be our Sunshine coolshine.gif Cautiously anticipating our rainbow baby on the 4th of July!! rainbow1284.gif

#4 of 5 Old 02-23-2011, 03:53 PM

What a fantastic story! Congrats! joy.gif

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#5 of 5 Old 02-23-2011, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

:~) Thank you Amandamom! orngbiggrin.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page