Finding Black Sperm in Europe or shipping fromUS - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2011, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey,

Originally from New York but I live in Berlin. My fiance is Swedish and I am African American. We are considering children in the near future and have come across some challenges. My partner is older than I am. While we would both like to conceive, we have decided that she should conceive first. I have searched all the major Danish and Spanish sperm banks(no sperm banks in germany) and I can't find African/Black sperm anywhere here which is not surprising. We'll probably have to look into other options like TTC'ing back in the states which presents some challenges because I can't apply for a spouse visa for my partner (damn DOMA). We would only be able to stay in the US for 3 months at a time which will disrupt job life back here. We could and are considering going for a known donor which could present other challenges. Does anyone have experience with international sperm bank shipping? How much does sperm usually run with the extra fees(minus shipping)? How much should we buy? I have heard that the California cryobank is lesbian run and they have good donor options. 

Thanks for all your help!

-Black in Berlin(BIB)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 02:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you tried Samenbank Berlin link ? They recently opend their business for lesbian couples. The hardest part will be finding a doctor who will do an AI however. It is basically outlawed by the German Medical Association to give reproductive services to nonmarried couples, and since we don't have marriage, only civil unions, you'll have to find a doc doing it in secret. As far as I know it is impossible to ship sperm to a home address in Germany.

Good luck!

User Tag List