new here, first IUI today :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 02-27-2011, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there. My partner and I just had out first IUI this morning. Well, she's the one who actually had the procedure. We are SO excited! Don't know what we're going to do for 16 days to wait for an answer.

We're going ahead and behaving like she's pregnant, like... she's eating right, not going down the crazy basement stairs, avoiding cat litter, etc. But I don't know if that will make a BFN really much more sad/frustrating.

How do you all do handle this?

#2 of 2 Old 02-27-2011, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

First, congratulations!  That is so exciting! Second, you should come on over to Queer Conceptions.  There is a fabulous group of very supportive women who are in various stages of ttc. 

As far as what to do...I think anything you can do to take your minds off the 2ww will make your lives a lot more sane. What works for me is a two week project to take my mind off of things.  That way I have a little distraction.  It definitely gets more tense for me as I reach that ten-day mark!   Since this is your first time,  do what feels right to you, even if you feel like you have to be more cautious at first.  That way, if you do get a bfn, then you won't have to look back and think about what you could/should have done.

My RE has always said just do what you always do until you miss your period and get a bfp.  I like being more on the conservative side, just for my own psychological peace.  Hope to see you at QC!

Best of luck--everything crossed for your (partner's) conception!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page