March 2011 Queer TTC - Looking For A Few BFP's! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 502 Old 03-20-2011, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post

PumpkinPie~  My friend who used a kd would stash the vial between her boobs to keep it warm on the drive home.biggrinbounce.gif  I'm sure you'll lose some, but not all. Best of luck!

That is what I was thinking of doing and then stopping somewhere on the drive home and using an Instead Cup.   I would much rather just be at home so I can lay down for a while, but at least it will still be pretty fresh and sperm can stay alive for multiple days once in, right?  Dang, this is all so weird to me!

Thanks for letting me join in the fun over here! 

Formerly single Mama to the zaniest boy on the block, born on my birthday on 3/28/07. Soon to be Mama to a new little and can't wait to bfinfant.gif and femalesling.GIF and familybed1.gif again! 
#302 of 502 Old 03-20-2011, 08:35 PM

DP and I just got back from a wonderful weekend away.  I'm at 15 dpo (my luteal phase is 17 days) and I have only BFNs. I'm pretty sure it's not going to show at this point.  Breasts are a little tender but more like pms than anything.  I am having some mild twingy/throbbing pain on the left side, so mild that I don't notice it except in certain situations (mostly driving).  It's got me a little concerned about an ectopic pregnancy or an ovarian cyst or something. Will be calling my doctor's office in the morning to check in.

Also, what is with these blue veins?  I have gotten more of them every time I ttc.   Makes me think something is happening but usually it's just a false alarm.  How many of you have gotten blue veins on your breasts/arms/belly AND gotten a BFN for that cycle?  It's happened twice with BFNs and once with a chemical pregnancy.  It feels like such a tease! 

Me (39), DP (45).  Together since 04, married in June 07.
TTC 10/10 to spring 2012.  Fall 2012--moving on to foster-adopt.

#303 of 502 Old 03-20-2011, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

AmandaMom - Yes, I was asking about the veins. It's the craziest things. I never really thought about looking at them before, but now I am obsessed!!!

Tomorrow will be 10dpo. Crawwwwwling by.....

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#304 of 502 Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 PM

AmandaMom- I had never had surgery or broken a bone before last October when I broke my ankle and had surgery and this little polyp removal was the second one in five months! bigeyes.gif I was very freaked out too just like you. I did a lot of guided imagery sessions with my therapist to prepare myself. The scariest thing is just going in and prepping for surgery because you've never done it before but I can tell you there is nothing to be afraid of. They put the IV in you for prep and then you are set, that's the biggest thing. The actual surgery you won't even remember or feel. If you have pain when you wake up someone is there to take care of it for you. You will be fine. I did not have laparoscopic surgery, they went through my cervix for the polyp removal. I had to take a cervix softener the night before. This is who I see for Guided Imagery: http://www.lesliedavenport.com/book-audios-articles/
I listened to her surgery prep audio from the website while I was in the surgery prep room. It really helped keep me calm while I was there. Good luck! shamrocksmile.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#305 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Boo hiss! I couldn't resist any longer - bfn 10dpo. irked.gif

I am patting myself on the back for starting my own Monday off this way.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#306 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 06:18 AM

2ez~  BFN at 10 days means nothing. I'm sorry you stressed yourself on a Monday morning, but don't fret for too long. It'll be good news before you know it!

Pumpkin~ I don't know anything about the Instead cups, but I like your idea of being home where you can lie down. I've even heard of gals lying down with their legs over the back of a sofa or chair just to get a good angle. Keep us posted!!!

HappyCalm~ SO sorry about your bfn!  But you still have a few days, maybe it'll turn around?  I would check with a doc about weird throbbingness, though. Better safe than sorry.

Max~ Still feeling good?  I looked at that guided meditations page. Very interesting!

AFM~ Back at the grind. I had a half-dead mouse in the library when I got here, and then got to go out for morning playground duty. Off to a flying start!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#307 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 07:17 AM

hello all!

Baby dust to all the TTWers :)

happycalm - I have had strange veiny blue boobs before when not TTC (anyone else?). Not often, but definately it happens for a day or less. Maybe it is increased blood flow (which happens in pregnancy) or hormone related? Who knows! But I hope all is well with you and that you are surprised with a BFP soon.

AFM - we are moving into our first home this week - doing a lot of painting. I'm having so much fun painting my DDs room. We were in a little one room apartment before, and have shared a room with DD (she's almost 2). I didn't get to create a nursery space for her, so I'm putting all that energy into her 'big kid' room. I loved sharing our room with our DD - I hope she still comes in for morning snuggles. I mean, when she actually starts sleeping in her own room - who knows how long that will take :)

Next month we start TTC. Random friends have been having dreams about us having another girl - 3 different people let me know they had vivid dreams about us and her - and no one knows we are TTC again. I appreciate it though, because it makes me feel like this is going to happen. Hopefully that energy will get us through the rough times. 

anyone else going to be insem really close to easter time? I think that is when I will O.

Happy SPRING! it is still cold here but the sun has been awesome. I love spring.

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#308 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 08:25 AM

Happy sorry about the BFP 

EZ its early yet

Library almost done right and ewww dead mice

Max that imagery thing sounds good Glad your healing well

AFM second vile in 12 hours after the first another this early eve

#309 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 09:31 AM

Library - I can't wait to see the pics of your nursery! I'm sorry you had to deal with a dying mouse this morning. hug.gif Not a great way to start the week. When do you start your maternity leave?

Grace - Ten free pregnancy tests?! I know who's going to be testing up a storm next week! orngbiggrin.gif Fingers crossed for you. fingersx.gif

Happy - hug2.gif

2ez - Sorry about your BFN, but it's still very early. Thinking of you and sending BFP vibes your way! goodvibes.gif

onemommy - How exciting about DD's big-girl room! You should post pics too. smile.gif

Max - Thank you so much. That is exactly what I was looking for. Sue and I were thinking about taking a meditation class, but those MP3's will work for now. Last night around midnight I was reading about laparoscopic surgery and got all freaked out about insufflation. It's where they fill your abdomen with carbon dioxide to give the doc some working space. I told Sue about it, and she started saying things like, "Are you sure you want to get this surgery? Don't you think we should just keep trying?" I know she's just scared too, but I felt like she wasn't supporting my decision. If my tubes are in fact blocked, we could try until the cows come home without ever getting pregnant. Thanks, Max (and everyone else), for your support. I'm so glad I have you to lean on! hearts.gif

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#310 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 09:37 AM

Library: I cannot believe how close you are getting! This is so exciting.We don't have any lesbian friends that are trying to get pregnant or have gotten pregnant so this is going to be the first baby I "know" to be born from a lesbian couple! Yee haw.

Kymberli: I'm sorry about AF coming -- again. We all know the feeling and intense disappointment. Max gave the best advice, make sure to do something special and comforting for both of us. As you know in this journey, every day is different and there is always a new day on the horizon.

Pumpkin Pie: you've got about 45 to 1 hour after deposit. What happens is the sperm liquefies over time and sperm dies off. You could inject it with a buffer which is used for shipping sperm and will help to perserve it, but you're best bet is to insem within that hour. We've done both. We've pulled off the side of the road and insemmed within 15 minutes of deposit and we've waited until we got home which put us at about an hour. But one thing to keep in mind, unless the guy is in your house doing his thing, you don't exactly know when his deposit was. So he could have easily added another 15 minutes to your hour. An hour and half away might be worth pulling over on the side of the road.

AFM: back home and still going through the miscarriage process. Latest HCG was 26 so we're still hitting a downward trend which is great. But until it his 0, I won't ovulate and my AF won't show so it's still a waiting game.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#311 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 AM

Grace - Ten free pregnancy tests?! I know who's going to be testing up a storm next week! orngbiggrin.gif Fingers crossed for you. fingersx.gif

HA ! Right I didn't see those last time  12, 24 and 36 hours should do it right  plus this guy has killer counts ! 

#312 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 10:45 AM

11dpo and a BFN. AF should be in 1-3 days =[ another month another disappointment.

How long has everyone tried before having a dr check if something is wrong with their reproductive stuff? I feel like I'm just waisting time, energy and money.

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#313 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 10:57 AM

AF came this morning.  I am only 10 dpo on a 21 day cycle.  Yep, you heard me right, a ridiculously short, non-ttc-friendly twenty-one day cycle.  I started to spot last night which I thought might be implantation.  After this morning, not so much.  So I called my RE and can get in this afternoon so we can talk about bloodwork, etc. Total body betrayal. The only tiny bright spot is that in less than two weeks, I get to go for try #5. wtf…

Crystal, happy, 2ez--sorry about your BFN's. hug.gif

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#314 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Wow, I’m so far behind! I’ll try to catch up..

Seraf—I thought of your DD’s crate comment while I was putting my friend’s baby to bed this weekend. Started laughing, actually, which confused her a little.

Sara—Four insems! You are totally going to get that egg with that number! Lesbiantwins, here you come!

AMom—I’m sorry you knew exactly when you were missing your chance this month—I’ve given up temping until the next round (Hmm…I wonder if I should just run with it and give up temping for Lent…I’d pick it up again on CD4 of our next attempt cycle, which should be plenty early, right?) so I can avoid knowing exactly when things are happening. April 6 will be here so soon! I wish you lots of calm thoughts—hopefully the surgery will go super-smoothly and you’ll wake up not even feeling like you had anything done!

2EZ—I’m sorry you were feeling poorly. I hope things have improved mightily!

Library—I hope your beasts are better! Maybe they’re trying to get all of the extra affection/attention out of you that they can before your mind is diverted elsewhere?

Lots of luck to everyone in the 2WW! Come on, March!

Gladdos, Cananny and Kymberli—Welcome and good luck! I hope that all of you have short stays with us and move over to queer and pregnant quickly! (Kymberli—I’m sorry that this try wasn’t the one for you. Hopefully the next one will be!)

Max—so glad things went smoothly for you!

Krista—what a sad story. I think that the point is a good one, though, and that you’re right—there are not a finite number of babies to go around. It’s hard to remember that sometimes. Also, how amazing to see what 42 years of caring can lead to! I’m sorry that it’s turning out to be such a long process for you—down, numbers, down, down…

Gelly—that car sounds perfect! Especially the heated seats part!

Qmama—that’s the sort of thing that’s hard to NOT think, but I don’t think you need to worry. Hopefully your little bean is in there setting up shop right this minute, totally oblivious to anyone else’s hormonal schedule!

Hi Pumpkin! I haven’t used fresh, so I have no advice, but I think that I’d try to use it before an hour and a half had gone by, just to be on the safe side. There have definitely been stories about back-of-the-car insems on this board, but I think that maybe the motel room scenario sounds more romantic. The Instead cup, however, sounds practical, so maybe that’s the way to go. In any case, good luck!

Happycalm—I’m still hopeful for you! And I’m happy to read that I’m not the only one who sees the veins with no BFP! I swear they get darker and have stayed that way more than they were before, but I have no idea why. It’s weird, frankly.

Onemommy—So exciting to do a big-girl room! I’m sure she’ll appreciate it, too, since she gets to help put it together! Here’s hoping on the prophetic dreams!

Crystal--I'm sorry it was a BFN--11DPO is still early, though! I tried once at home and 4 rounds of IUIs before seeing the RE--partly because my insurance wouldn't cover the visit before then, and partly because I felt like 5 tries was a fair shot. Now I get to find out if anything is wrong, which is good, but I also have to worry that something is wrong with me, which is an added level of stress that we didn't have when we were trying 'natural' cycles.

AFM—trying not to give in to my worse nature. Had a hard time in the baby aisle yesterday with my friend—something about seeing all the happy, bumpy couples choosing onesies just set me off. It’s funny, though, because seeing two pregnant coworkers today at a meeting was just happiness and light—they’re so cute with their little bellies! Why does one piss me off and the other delight me? I have no idea. Other than glaring at people in the stroller section I’ve been planning elaborate self-improvement projects designed to last exactly 6 weeks, drinking too many vodka spritzers, and generally polishing up my veggies for all of you in the TWW!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#315 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 11:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Qmama--crosspost--I'm so sorry. What a crock. I hope you have answers soon.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#316 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 AM

QMama:Arrgggggh! Why only 21? Is this normal for you? And more importantly, is a 10 day luteal phase normal for you? If this isn't normal, do you have any idea what might have caused it to go off kilter? Is this way off kilter or off kilter by a couple of days?

Crystal: How long have you been trying? Many of us go to the RE right away because that's the only way we can start the process (I started out doing IUIs but moved to fresh after awhile). Some people don't go for awhile because of cost. The general rule of thumb at your age is 12 months of trying and then if you don't get pregnant, go see an RE but my argument to that is you're not a straight couple so you're ability to try each month is not the same. So pushing to go in sooner, rather than later, is a good idea in my mind. But there are some things you can do (if you're so inclined) to self diagnose now to see if you might have a problem that they wouldn't catch until you have done that 12 months of trying. Do you have regular cycles? Do you know if you ovulate? Have you had anything in your menstrual history and growing up that would indicate any potential issue? Does your family have a history of health issues that could affect your fertility (i.e. diabetes)? Just understanding little things like that might help. And what is your insem schedule each cycle you try? Fresh or frozen? How many times? How do you target your ovulation date? BTW, these are all things a good RE will ask and explore with you so you'll need to be prepared to answer them anyway. I hope we can help you out here!

Prettyisa: All I know at this point is that this whole TTC thing has not rhyme or reason. I get the same feelings you do. Frustration, annoyance and unhappiness with some pregnant ladies and delight with others. And it fluctuates with no real pattern!

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#317 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 11:49 AM

cristal BIG frowney face

Qmomma WTF are your cycles always short ?

isa HUGs

IM cleaning chilling and waiting for 530 and my third IUI

#318 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 12:13 PM

kgulbransen- I just got insurance through my dp and went to a family doctor I told her that endometriosis runs in my family (my mom, aunt and grandmother had it) which I have researched and that makes me 10 times more likely to have it. I told the doctor that I want to find out if I have it since I'm TTC now (I was trying the week I saw her) she said to wait until after we try, and then we can talk about the endo, because treating it could interfere with TTC. Maybe she thought I wanted it treated (hormones etc) but no, I want it taken out. It doesnt cause infertility in everyone who has it but still.. Gosh, I really hope I dont have to do this for 12 months before I can get help on this. We have only been trying for 2 months so maybe I'm just exaggerating, I know a lot of the women on here have been trying for MUCH longer than that, I just hate to waste all this time and energy when it could be useless if I have a blockage. The energy is what gets me.. I have been using fresh sperm from a known donor, tried to do it 3 times during week I was to ovulate, every other day because the previous month by the time I got my pos o test my donor couldnt make it til the next day and  I didnt wanna miss it this time. I didnt get as dark of a line as I did last month this time but I'm going to get the smiley face kit next time and start tracking my bbt. I hope the insurance doesnt make me wait 12 months becuase you are so right, its just not as simple as just having sex a lot during that week like straight couples. And my cycles are pretty regular 26-28 days long and I O between 14 and 16 days.

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

#319 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 12:52 PM

Krista~ Thanks so much for your excitement!  It's wonderful to be able to share our happiness with excellent women like you.   And speaking of insemming in the car, weren't you the one who told the story about you and DP pulling over to 'do it' on the side of the road and your dogs were in the car with you? I remember that story cracking me up.

Isa~ The animals are in for a shock, it's true.  They were very suspicious about all the activity in the spare room, and I think they're starting to figure it out. On the other hand, they're VERY PLEASED that we've finally gotten them some furniture of their own. The co-sleeper is a big hit, and someone's always napping in it.    Biggest hugs to you about suffering through that baby aisle. It's so hard when you just see bumps everywhere.  I catch women looking at me sometimes and I wonder if they're feeling what I used to feel.  It will happen for you, though. Don't give up xoxox

Qmama~ WTF!?!?  That's just awful and I'm so sorry. I'm glad you're going to talk with your RE.  Let us know what you find out. In the meantime, big hugs and love xoxo

Crystal~ I'm still not giving up on you! You're still a day earlier than I was when I had my implantation cramps. I know it's hard not to feel down, it's why I never tested until the very last day.  Keep that chin up!  It ain't over yet!!

AMom~  I was thinking about having this be my last week, and have requested the leave paperwork, but it's just so hard to let go! I keep thinking of things that should happen or that I need to get done and think "If I'm not here, how's it going to work?!?"  I'm just going to have to let go at some point and that's not easy.      I'm glad Max gave you helpful suggestions.  Don't freak out about the 'inflation' thing. I had my gallbladder out laproscopically about 12 years ago and while your tummy looks bizarre (and  you get really farty) it doesn't hurt. You'll be fine! And then you'll have a baby. Yay!!!!! AMANDA POWER!!!!

AFM~ The bell's about to ring! Can't wait to get home, nap and hem curtains. I should have photos soon!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#320 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 01:02 PM

Isa, Krista, Graceie--wtf is definitely the question of the day and right now I have more questions than answers. My cycles are usually 25 days. I typically O on day 14 and have an 11 day LP. So in short, I'm 4 days early (or 5 if you count my bleeding that started last night). I'm leaving work in a few and heading to see the RE. Will post more after dr. and I unravel the mysteries of this sham of a cycle.

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#321 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Library have you seen the pet co sleepers arms reach sells ?
#322 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Library- I'll try but its hard to keep a chin up at times like these! :/ If I dont start by Thursday I will surely take another test. I just hate keeping my hopes up just for another let down. I wanted to wait until the last day to take a test but my dp has been hounding me to test for days. The first words out of her mouth when she woke up was "did you take a test?"

#323 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 02:53 PM

hi everyone! Just hanging back reading about everyone... not much to report here! We ordered my swimmers (like Sara said) and I'm jumping up and down with excitement! I cannot wait for next weekend so I can start trying! 

A good friend of mine posted this on her facebook page. It made me smile lots and I hope you girls enjoy!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#324 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM

hay where did it go ? Sara ?   that was funny by that definition all of Seattle is a gayberhood  : ) they left out gaybys = gay babies babies of the gay our babies

#325 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 03:23 PM

Krista - You're almost there! hug.gif

Qmama - I'm so sorry AF reared her ugly face. af.gif I've had two cycles with LP's 3 days shorter than my usual 13 days, though I think I miscalculated ovulation the last time. TTC really plays a mind game with you. I hope everything checks out okay at the RE's. grouphug.gif

Isa - I'm only tracking ovulation this cycle to get to know my body better and be more prepared for the next time we try, but you'd think after a year of TTC I'd have it down by now, right?! I'm all for you tossing out that thermometer for lent. Why stress when you don't have to? thumb.gif I don't spend much time in the baby/maternity section in the department store, and thankfully I don't see many pregnant women in my small town. I do seem to see babies everywhere I go, though, and Sue and I often joke about stealing one of them. mischievous.gif

Crystal - We started off our TTC process with an RE. We tried for three unsuccessful IUI cycles before he recommended an HSG. We decided to do one more cycle before getting the HSG. BFN, of course. Then I got my HSG, and it was inconclusive. One tube appeared blocked, and there may have been scar tissue or something causing the fluid to pool around my left ovary instead of spreading out in my abdomen. The RE recommended laparoscopic surgery to go in and see what the heck is going on, but he changed his mind and wanted to try a few clomid-medicated cycles. We did two clomid cycles before I decided I just want to schedule the surgery. If my tubes are blocked, I want him to clear them out (or move on to IVF if that's not possible). If they're clear, knowing that will give me peace of mind. I completely understand how you feel about wasted time and energy if something has possibly been wrong the whole time. Keep in mind, it takes on average 4-6 tries and often even more. Maybe try another cycle before going the medical route, unless your insurance will pay for everything. We've spent over $9000 already. Sue and I joke that our RE is able to put in a new pool this summer thanks to us. smile.gif

Library - I know it's easy to think your workplace will fall apart without you (and they probably will, at least a little!), but you deserve to let it go and take time for your family. Someone will pick up the slack.

Amanda (32)ribbonrainbow.gif Sue (37)
*****In Love since 2006*****
TTC #1 since March 2010 
#326 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 03:50 PM

they did leave that out! good point gracie! anything else they left out?! we should write to the author and maybe she can do a part two!

also, I made the link blue, so everyone can see it! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#327 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 07:34 PM

quickie update:

short cycles suck, bfns suck, any surgery is scary (and the only one i had was for impacted wisdom teeth).  :(  hugs to everyone who needs one tonight. 

testing - dp and i had a whole bunch of testing done prior to ttc.  bloodwork, u/s, hsg etc...  we wanted to make sure everything was a-ok before dropping a sh*t-ton of money on dr-assisted iui and sperm.  we both did have some (minor) issues that were pretty easily resolved.  2 tries isn't a whole lot if you were to look at the stats but it does get incredibly frustrating very quickly.  hang in there and do follow up if you feel endo might be causing problems.

afu - OMG!  we have an ipad 2.  (!!)  couldn't get one launch day, sold out immediately.  monday last week we heard best buy was reserving for a $100 down payment (actually a $100 gift card) so we did that thinking it would be weeks...but the call came this afternoon and once they boys were in bed i went and picked it up.  the store geek squad guy said they had no idea a shipment was coming.  i had no idea i would be that far up the list.  sorry that was my geek-out for the day.  :D  going to set it up tomorrow.  wheeee!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#328 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 09:22 PM

Max-I hope you are well on the mend. 

Library--Closer all the time! Can't believe she's going to be here in a few weeks.

Onemommy--Congrats on the first home!  That is so exciting.  I know you'll miss being with dd, but she'll be so proud to have her big girl room!

Graceie--I hope this round of insems does the trick! Kmfx and babydust to you!

Isa--I know what you mean--it can be so hard to see pregnant women when you're struggling.  Hugs to you.

Amom--Will be thinking about you as you approach the surgery.

AFM--I went to the RE today and we are definitely going to figure out the short cycle issue.  I'm having bloodwork done on Wednesday to check my hormone levels and a clomid challenge this cycle.  Then u/s and trigger before O.    Anyway, I feel much better and will hopefully have some answers soon.  Thanks everyone for the collective WTF for me.  It made me feel a lot less crazy!

#329 of 502 Old 03-21-2011, 09:40 PM

Thanks everyone, I'm seeing my doctor on the 12th ( I will be ttc again around the 7th) so I will talk to her about all this then and hopefully she can help me.

#330 of 502 Old 03-22-2011, 06:21 AM

qmama42, Crystal, happy, 2ez-sorry about your BFN's. Ug! So disappointment to see those results. I would usually have to spend some days sulking before I could pick up and think about next cycles plan. I hope you ladies are taking care of yourselves. 2ez- It may be too soon for you but hugs for jumping the gun.

AFM- Still lightly bleeding but it's all good, no pain. My dad and his wife are coming to visit for a week starting tomorrow. He has been unaccepting in the past and this will be his first time ever visiting me as an adult. It has taken him this long to come around and he makes it sound like he wants to visit now just because we bought a house. shrug.gif Cross your fingers for me that we don't have any blow ups! It will be fun to explain to them that DP wants to be called by male pronouns now. orngtongue.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page