Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

VEGGIES FOR SARA ``````jumpers.gif`sticky.gif2ndtri.gifbroc1.gif

#122 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Whoohoo, Seraf!  Bring on the marching crudites!

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif

Gracie ... so sorry about your $1000 period.  If it's any comfort, my bfn in December was a $3500 period!  Yikes! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#123 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 AM

Seraf- Hoorayyyyy! Stick baby stick.

Krista- I can't imagine how horrible this experience must be, but it sounds like you have a great attitude going forward. 

Rainbow- I also had a great experience with californiacryobank. It seems like a frozen donor might be a little less stressful at this point! 10 donors doesn't feel like many to choose from though...

happycalm- Glad everything went well. When are you going to test? I usually test on day 10.

AFM- great insem yesterday (they are usually quite painful for me). I had a lot of weird pelvic cramping around O so I'm hoping that was the clomid doing it's job. Our insem was on cd17 which surprised me as I was expecting the clomid to make me O earlier. We are moving in 28 days, so I am a little nervous that there is no way we will get to try one more time if this round doesn't take. I was hoping to be able to use our last 2 vials up and not have to have them shipped to VA. But maybe it won't matter because I'll hopefully get a BFP!! 

Baby dust to everyone. 

Me 28, DW 32 partners.gif Married since 2008. Mom to 2 kitties and a dog. Expecting #1 July 2012.
#124 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 12:21 PM

Seraf--broc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gif carrot.gifbroc1.gifCongrats on the BFP!  So excited for you and Sara!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#125 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 12:26 PM

You know starling it doesn't but thanks

Searf are you trying next cycle ?
#126 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 02:00 PM

Sorry about the bfn, graceie greensad.gif Will you try again right away?

And congratulations, seraf! joy.gif Happy & healthy 9 months to you and the little bean!

Glad to hear the insem went well, vegan. Fingers crossed for you! Are you just doing one this cycle?

indigo, does that mean you will insem today?!

afm, nothing new and exciting other than it's a beautiful day here!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#127 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Whew! Busy, busy board! I have been off two days at DS's wrestling tourney, and boy have I missed a ton!

Seraf - broc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gif CONGRATS!!!! It's the thread keepers thread (just delayed a week or so.) So very happy for you. And I even changed the icon on the status...just for you. Ha!

Thanks Escher for helping me get everyone moved around. If someone isn't in their correct spot, please let me know.

Gelly - Yes, I've been on Follistim 150 since Thursday. How are you doing on them. I had a headache when I was doing 67, but now that I am on 150 - HOLY MOLY - I am visibly B-L-O-A-T-E-D! bigeyes.gif I know I've gained a few lbs since Thanksgiving, but yesterday DP and I both noticed I was clearly not as small as I had been lately and it was noticeable in my tshirt yesterday. It's insane. I am not having an s/e otherwise. I go in tomorrow morning for an u/s and bloodwork, so I'll mention the weight gain to my doc then. I feel fine, no change really at all. I am anxious to hear how you're doing.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#128 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 03:54 PM

Just one this month, I couldn't take time off work after I gave notice.

Me 28, DW 32 partners.gif Married since 2008. Mom to 2 kitties and a dog. Expecting #1 July 2012.
#129 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 04:39 PM

carmen yes. I wish I could try again tomorrow
#130 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 04:41 PM

YEAH SERAF!

broc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gifbroc1.gif

carrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gifcarrot.gif

banana.gif banana.gifbanana.gif banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#131 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 04:49 PM

Seraf~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!  clap.gif banana.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif   banana.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif       

banana.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif banana.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif  banana.gif carrot.gif broc1.gif    clap.gif

2EZ~ I am on day 3 of 150ml of the follistim...I haven't noticed anything difference. No headache, no emotional-ness, no ovary cramping or twinges really. I'm liking this a whole lot better than clomid, but I'm still in the early stages...I got 6 days left on it. I don't go in for my u/s until Thursday of this week.

FWIW.....My RE told me that I would more than likely end up feeling bloated...and if it got bad with vomiting, or became really painful to give her a call. I do fill a little fuller, but no quite feeling bloated.

I hope that your u/s goes well tomorrow and that you have some great mature follies hanging out in there ready to just *pop*!  dust.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#132 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Vegan--We won't test until at least 12dpo.  Dp will have her last final exam that day.  She is a grad teaching assistant studying nutrition/dietetics.  I think we'd like to postpone the emotional roller-coaster of testing until when she's at least done with finals.  She'd probably prefer to wait until AF is due but my luteal phase is 17 days and I'm sure I can't make it that long.  Last attempt we had a chemical pregnancy and the drama of that still weighs a little heavy.  What a wonderful 3 days it was while we thought we were pregnant but what a crash when it didn't stick.  I cannot fathom how hard it must be to actually miscarry after a longer period of time.

Me (39), DP (45).  Together since 04, married in June 07.
TTC 10/10 to spring 2012.  Fall 2012--moving on to foster-adopt.

#133 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 06:38 PM

carmen, no! :)  we have to get through this current cycle and our first ttc #3 cycle will start somewhere around march 25th.

2ez and gelly, wow that's a LOT of follistim!  i hope you both avoid ohss and get just enough follicles to trigger with.  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#134 of 502 Old 03-06-2011, 07:07 PM

seraf - CONGRATULATIONS!!! carrot.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifwool.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjumpers.gifsticky.gif

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#135 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 03:51 AM

Seraf! I just knew it!! Congrats! joy.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#136 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 06:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Seraf and Sara: I am throwing in the stalking towel to say WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I am so so so so. excited for you guys and the kiddos!! Babies are so fun!!!!! So is having an eating buddy just an hour away....... hint hint......... Oh oh oh fun! YAY!!!!!!

Krista: M/C blows ass. I am sorry. No other words

Isa: I am ready for you to be preggo!!!! I stalk you a little bit just waiting!! (in a super non creepy way of course!)

Library: Um you are soo about to pop out a baby. Are you super pumped?

AFM: 20 weeks! Yes!!! My belly is giant and my breasts are terrifying. THEY ARE Es! I am 4 ft 10 120 pounds dripping wet with freaking Es. My nipples are the size of my face. Don't be jealous folks, there are enough to go around ;)

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#137 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 06:17 AM

Hey ladies~ I had a weekend away from the computer and everything goes bananas! Specifically DANCING BANANAS!! YAY SERAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!banana.gif And on your last try, too!!!!!  I'm so excited for you both!!!!!   What a wonderful way to start the week!!!  HOORAY!!!!!!!

RainbowBrite~ I'm very sorry you're having to take a break under such unpleasant circumstances, but I'll admit I also had to laugh a bit in an OH MY GOD kind of way about your donor trauma.  What a nightmare! I loved that you didn't tell DP 'cause she'd have stormed over there and punched him!  He just sounds like all kinds of trouble and you're better off not tying yourself to him forever. 

KSDoula~ UGH for stupid teacher insurance. It can be bad in some places I know. Mine covered infertility diagnosis but not treatment, and since all this artificial stuff is considered 'infertility treatment' we paid for a lot of it out of pocket for sure.  Hope you're able to sort something out xoxo

Escher~ How you feeling? Still barfy I hope!!

Krista~ I'm sorry you're in so much pain and strife, but you're amazingly positive, which is wonderful. I too have no doubt you'll get pregnant again and then you'll have the most awesome baby ever.

HappyCalm~ Everything crossed for you this wait!!! I hear you about late testing. I never even had to suffer through a chemical pregnancy and I would always put it off as long as possible. Can't stand to see that blank space.

Gelly~ HI!!  How you doin'?  Thanks for the note, I'm glad the book arrived.

Vegan~ Everything crossed for you! I'm so excited we've got two insems to watch!

2ez~  Who did you wrestle this weekend?  I hope you won!!

AFM~  Long but productive weekend.  DP and I made a flying trip down to Dallas to buy a crib etc at Ikea and had a stop at Whole Foods.  My carpal tunnel is now KILLING ME but it was worth it to get all our last little bits and pieces.  Now I'm just not going to leave town for the duration, just nest at home until Aspidistra arrives.

I was slow getting all the prize books in the mail, but everything is mailed now, please let me know if you get your prize, otherwise I'll go yell at the Post Office.

Seraf~ I'm still SO EXCITED for you!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#138 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 07:52 AM

yay!!!!  our paperwork arrived at the registrar's office and i paid the remaining cost and we are ALL SET for our civil partnership!!!  woooooooooooooo! 

g

justrose13 likes this.

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#139 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 08:45 AM

Congrats to Seraf on your BFP sticky.gif

Updates: We have picked our donor from Northwest and our swimmers will be arriving on the 14th. We will be insemming around the 16th. AF is leaving her last remarks for the month and boy was she pissed. I think she knows we are trying to get rid of her for the next 9 months. Hoping we get a lot of BFP's in March. Good luck to all!

Sending lots of fairy dust dust.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#140 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 10:46 AM

SERAF!!!

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif
broc1.gifjoy.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif
broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif
broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifsticky.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif
broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifwool.gif
jumpers.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Christie: taking a break until further notice on TTC #1
Mama to 1 rotten beagle and 3 kittehs
#141 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Library - funny girl! As bloated as I am, If I were to wrestle, I'd get on the mat and never get up. I'd be like a roly poly out there. ROTFLMAO.gifDS was wrestling in the state regional in Nashville. He didn't do well, and lost in the first two rounds. Boo! It's his first year, and he did great just making it this far, but it still makes his mommies sad when he loses. My competitive side has a VERY hard time keeping to itself.

Yay for indigo and DP!!!

Mizyellow - DP and I cracked up at your post and the nipple size. Only a board like this can we all have a good laugh about nipple size.

Ok, here goes....I went in for my u/s today, and I have 14 follies: 8 that are in the range of 11-15, and 6 that are less than 10. My estradiol was 785!!!! uhoh3.gif The most surprising news was the most mature follies (5) were on my RIGHT side - 15, 14 (x2), 12, and 11 in size. (My right hasn't produced a single follicle in over 2 years.) I asked the tech twice if she was certain she was on the right side just to make sure. In fact, the lead follicle (15) is there too. My left ovary has 9 follies on it, but only 3 that are likely to mature as of now - 13, 12, 11. I am excited that I am producing - finally, but now I am nervous about the number of total follicles. I hope they don't end up canceling this cycle. Much to my surprise, my RE wants me to do 1 more shot tonight of 150 follistim, and be there in the morning at 9 am for another u/s and estradiol. All this driving 6 hours per day is killing me. Whew! Hopefully tomorrow, they'll give me the go ahead with triggering tomorrow night (or Wednesday) with an IUI to follow on Thurs or Friday morning. om.gif

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#142 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 03:18 PM

GOOD LUCK EZ !!!!!!!! 

#143 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 03:29 PM

ez, good luck!!!  it sounds to me from your numbers that you have 2 follicles that are maturing?  that's probably why your re wants you to stay on the follistim.  rule of thumb on injectibles is 200 per mature follicle.

g

#144 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 04:08 PM

2EZ~ Yeah for you...I'm right behind you...hoping for an insem on Sat or Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post

ez, good luck!!!  it sounds to me from your numbers that you have 2 follicles that are maturing?  that's probably why your re wants you to stay on the follistim.  rule of thumb on injectibles is 200 per mature follicle.

g

Indigo~ What do you mean by the "rule of thumb?"

I don't go in for my u/s until Thursday. Today is day 4 of my 150ml injection of follistim.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#145 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 04:11 PM

salut les filles (hiya gals!)

merci beaucoup for the warm welcome!  

indigo:  aww thanks.  and WOOT about the paperwork coming through!  i know alllll about that mess.  our appointment for my first official "family visa" is next week!  and yeah, i can understand why your dp loves paris. it's a great place (if a bit lonely at times.) which side of the pond do you live on?

graceie:  sorry about the bfn, but those two lines are in your near future!  and yeah, both of us trying at the same time is definitely a mixed bag as far as pros and cons go, but given our ages and our desire to have more than one, we figured why not. should be interesting if it works out.  France is still frakked (compared to other EU countries) as far as gay rights go. and it doesn't help that DP's 50 y.o. brother and his wife got a year of fully paid IVF while we were just trying to find a reliable donor and a gyn who would agree to work with us knowing our bb plans.

seraf: WOW!!! congrats!  is sara still going to try next month?

library: your post was so lovely and positive. thanks for the encouragement! and hooray for "mixed marriages"! we went to ikea this weekend, too!  but i think dp specifically avoided the nursery/children's area, so as not to think about things too much.  does your name refer to your profession or your passion (or maybe both?)

kelly:  yeah, you'd think that the country known for love would encourage it in all it's incarnations (including inqueernations, dammit!), alas/hélas...  good luck for this round! and have you thought about getting the CBFM?

brite: i second all the people who are saying, "thank jah it didn't work with him!"  imagine if you'd wound up with a kid like him!  i wish i had a teleporter to send you a donor from France.  there are plenty of African and African-French guys on the site where we found ours.  we had to weed through some creeps, too, though (ones who wanted to do it the "natural way" or who refused tests).  we never actually met any of them, as they tended to give themselves away in the email exchanges, but we've read some horror stories from other French lezzies.  your story, however, might take the prize for the most insane! keep the faith.  you'll find the right donor!

go_vegan: all digits crossed for a BFP this month!

afu... cd 29 for me and still not even a hint of AF except for these cramps that have been hanging around since friday. boobies are tingly and itchy today and i'm constantly hot (whereas, usually, i'm always cold). i also spent most of the weekend on the verge of tears or sobbing for no apparent reason.  BUT i keep thinking it's either all in my mind or a very nasty bout of AF coming on.  we inseminated late on my second peak day (according to the clearblue fertility thingamajig).  i am fairly certain that i O'd before the insem and that it was too late by the time the swimmers showed up to the party.  still going to wait at least another four or five days to see if the liquid red witch shows up.  dp still has the swollen, sore boobies, lots of cm, back pain and some weird cramps (as well as being in a VERY bad mood.)  ack, this 2ww is excruciating!  we're comparing and analyzing every single little possible sign.  on a very good note, dp found out our insurance covers "domestic help" after birth.  basically, someone will come in and clean, do grocery shopping, etc. a couple of times a week.  this *almost* makes up for their bullsh*t laws about reproduction and marriage.

btw.... what's with all the dancing veggies?? i'm so confuzzled.

bisous and bon courage to all!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#146 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 05:26 PM

NOS veggies dance when someone gets pregnant its just what they do

#147 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 06:50 PM

Graceie, sorry to hear about your BFN.  That is always so hard to see.  Hugs!

Seraf,  YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  biggrinbounce.gif

Krista, I hope you're getting through the m/c okay, both physically and emotionally.  You've gotten closer to a viable pregnancy than some of us, and that's a positive thing!  But I know it all must be very hard.  Thinking good thoughts for you.

Nos, do you use the CBFM?  I've looked at it before but doesn't it use the same technology as OPKs?  If so, it wouldn't work for me...

AFM, just waiting for AF so I can start obsessively tracking every single thing my body does ;)  I'm actually really not looking forward to being so single-minded again.  I wish I knew a way to distract myself more when I'm in the thick of it.  But I do feel good about my next cycle--mailed off my medical records to the at home fertility practice today :)

Kelly (33) & Cole (30) married since 2008, TTC #1 since 2009

pos.gif on 5/2/11!  EDD is 1/3/12! 

#148 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 07:05 PM

gelly, here's an article on it:

http://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=infertility101&id=1#14

rule of thumb must be a uk expression!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_of_thumb 

fx for you too, i hope you have lots of follicles! :)

nos - we live in the usa.  i became a us citizen in 2009 but retain dual nationality.  ds1 also has dual nationality by descent.  ds2 can get dual nationality by adoption but we haven't filed that paperwork yet (not to mention it costs almost $1000).  we are travelling to scotland next month to visit my family and do the civil partnership.  my mum isn't in good health these days - she has copd from years of smoking and just this month was put on oxygen 24/7.

g

#149 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Indigo - great link. After my appt today, I came home and OBSESSED about my estradoil numbers, and found a similar article and the 'rule of thumb', which isn't just a UK thing. (It's one of my parents favorite sayings.)

Gelly - Yay for Team Injects! I am anxious to hear how your u/s goes.

#150 of 502 Old 03-07-2011, 07:46 PM

2ez~  I'm sorry your DS didn't win, but it was his first try and as long as he had fun, I think that's all that matters, eh?   I hear you about being competitive on his behalf!  I used to go watch my brother play football and I'd get so upset when the game wouldn't go his way.  I'm so excited about your hyper follicles, but you're right, 6 hours a day would be a heckuva lot of driving. But for a good reason!  I'm eager to hear how it goes. Hopefully this will be the very last time!

Nosreves~  I still think your cycle sounds very likely!  I'm sure you told us before, but when are you testing? Or are you just waiting for af and not testing at all?  Books are indeed my passion and I am also a librarian. Very fun!  I got my shipment of new books today~ three boxes worth. I can't wait to get to school tomorrow and start playing with them!    

Indigo~ I guess I didn't realize your civil partnership was coming up so quickly! Extra congratulations for sure!  Ours isn't until next summer and it still seems so soon!

Kelly~ Sometimes waiting for AF is the longest wait of all!  Enjoy what you can while you can xoxo

AFM~ Long day. Started off well (new books!) but ended up another mean girl crapfest. Spring break is next week and I CAN"T WAIT!!!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page