Might not remember me--left the board about 9-10 months ago - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-27-2011, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, just a brief intro here...last time I was on the board, I was dealing with infertility.  Well, a lot has changed in my life, including separating from my wife.  Since then, I have met a wonderful man, and we are PREGNANT!...So, I guess our parenting won't logistically be seen as queer, but we're obviously going to raise this baby as openly as possible.

Anyhoo, I'm due september 28th!

More later, if anyone remembers me!

Kate

#2 of 8 Old 03-27-2011, 07:57 PM

Hi, Kate!  Great to hear from you again, and CONGRATULATIONS!  What a lot of change in your life recently!  So an available supply of freshies was all your "infertility" needed, huh?  That's great--I'm so glad everything seems to be working out for you.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#3 of 8 Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 AM

Hi Kate, It's great to hear from you! Congratulations on your pregnancy! joy.gif It sounds like you have had a very exciting last 10 months since we heard from you. Wow!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#4 of 8 Old 03-28-2011, 09:58 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaHope View Post

So an available supply of freshies was all your "infertility" needed, huh?

Lol, I suppose so!

I was supposed to return to the clinic to freeze eggs as an "insurance policy" for when I (or we...we'd only been together 2-3 months at that point, so nothing was set in stone) was ready to plan a pregnancy.  They recommended I take 3 months off of the hormones (read, birth control pill) and come back in February or March.  I finally decided, around Christmas, to go off of them.  2 weeks later, I ovulated (that NEVER happens...I'm never that regular), and surprise, lol, I guess quantity as well as quality (he's had SA's done before--he went through fertility stuff with his ex, and he's great) was what I needed.  Just 1-2 shots of frozen stuff wasn't enough!

But, I came back because it's very interesting being seen as a hetero couple...we're both bi, although I'm more "middle-of-the-road" than he is.  He ranges between bi and bi-curious.  So we really are a queer couple, we just pass very well.  It's very different for me, having only been with other women for over 10 years...And he's getting used to being with someone that he can talk to about his sexuality.  He's still a little culturally indoctrinated (boys don't wear pink, etc) with gender roles and such things, but we're working on it.  We've already talked about how he would really feel if his son (he has a son with his ex) were to come out as gay.  And gender issues are an interesting topic, one I make a point to discuss--if we have a son (or even his current boy) who wants to do ballet more than karate, we'll encourage him.  If he wants a Barbie to go along with his GI Joe's, I'll buy it for him.  If he wants a kitchen set to "help" make dinner, he'll get one.  If our daughter wants to play in the mud and muck with Tonka trucks, she'll get them (although I'd prefer wooden trucks, but that's besides the point).  Having a tomboyish girl is a lot easier for him to imagine and accept than a feminine boy, so we focus more on that.

But I'm glad to be back, anyway...and glad to see there are so many wonderful people on here expecting!  (or have had their babes!)

Congrats all :)

Kate

#5 of 8 Old 03-29-2011, 09:39 AM

#6 of 8 Old 03-29-2011, 12:37 PM

Feel free to join us over at q&p!

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#7 of 8 Old 03-31-2011, 11:37 AM

Congrats !!!! Of course I remember you :)

We had lots of change too... DP got pregnant and we are now the proud mothers of 2 month old twin girls :)

Looking forward to following your pregnancy !

Coco

xxx

Celebrating the arrival of our twins twins.gifCharlie & Chloe, born Jan 28th 2011 !

#8 of 8 Old 03-31-2011, 12:43 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks all.

14 weeks yesterday :)...had to buy new clothes at like 8 weeks, mostly because I dealt with morning sickness by eating!  Since then, clothes are fitting the same, until now...I can almost feel my uterus creeping up on my belly button...starting to stretch the waists of my pants.  Looks like it's time for a belly band.

Anyway, things are going good, I'll get over to Q&P eventually, lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page