Queer Conceptions: April 2011 - Keep the BFP's rollin' in! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 415 Old 04-07-2011, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello maxK, can you add me to the "figuring things out" column.  I have my first appointment with a RE on the 28th.  I have absolutely no idea what to expect but I'm ready to get the ball rolling.  smile.gif

partners.gif Amanda (27) and Julie (28) Married since April 19, 2010 and TTC since August 2011.
BFP November 7, 2011!

#122 of 415 Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi all!

No time to chat, but just wanted to say that day 1 of progesterone is going well so far--no nastiness (yet) and I didn't get the alka seltzer effect that the nurse had warned me about (thankfully). Another slice of pineapple awaits!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#123 of 415 Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 PM

Mumquest: That's great news that your insurance will cover it! I think that's one bonus of the US medical system that we don't have up here in Canada. I don't know of any extended health plan that covers fertility treatments. Of course, I still wouldn't trade our med. system ;)

Sorry to hear you can't use a known donor. That's a big decision to make so I'm glad you're ok with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graceie View Post

No I'm hopping for no ultra sounds thing pregnancy

Good for you. I'd like to think I would be secure enough in a 2nd pregnancy to go without but I would likely not be. I admire people who have so much trust and security with the whole process :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

Carmen, I wanted to chime in on the nursing situation.  Osh was nursing at least hourly during the day, he was 20 months when I got pregnant again.  I mean, he wasn't nursing for all his food or anything, but he was frequent to check in.  I got fertility back when I started school.  Class 5 hours every evening.  That right there is long enough for your body to think the kid is "sleeping through the night"  I don't know if you could stretch out your first sleep cycle, either last nursing being at the beginning of the bedtime routine, then nursing at the first wake up, or working to eliminate the first nursing at night (nurse for shorter periods, or have a nightlight that comes on when it's time and tell her that nanas are sleeping til the light comes or whatever).  I personally think you're awful close, tho.  Good luck! 

Thanks so much! This is great advice. I don't go back to work until July 4th and will then be away from DD for 8 hours a day (boo hoo) and I'm not planning on pumping at that point I don't think. She has actually only nursed twice a day the past 2 days...odd! Of course, it was a marathon last night so I'm exhausted today sleeping.gif

indigo, good luck on the insem tomorrow!!!

Afm: I had my day 3 FSH and thyroid blood test today. I'll call for the results next week. F/X they are ok. I started using the cbfm this cycle which is a new and exciting experience. DD thinks it's very interesting and wants to play with it lol.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#124 of 415 Old 04-07-2011, 04:30 PM

<vent> today at pickup time at daycare i witnessed one of the "floater" sub teachers yank ds1 off a trike high up in the air, drag him across the playground and shove him in a chair on the far side.  i was busy with ds2 at the time so couldn't run out there.  once dp arrived i went out there to get ds1 who was in hysterics.  i did confront the teacher (which i shouldn't have done) and then left to go talk to the director.  i am SO mad.  the director said she would handle it - thankfully another parent witnessed it and is also upset.  none of the other teachers (2 others outside, one is ds1's preschool teacher and 2 inside with the toddlers) did or said anything.  the daycare is sponsored by my company and i have half a mind to report this to the HR dept.  ds1 was naughty with this teacher today but a grown man should not have to resort to that with a 3yo!!!!!  ugh.  </vent>

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#125 of 415 Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 PM

Indigo- Definitely unacceptable!!! I'm glad you said something I hope they make sure than guy is never there again!

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#126 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 08:41 AM

just wanted to send love, warmth and good wishes Library's way!  i hope your labor is quick and as painless as possible.  can't wait to see pics of the lil girl and hear all about her!

indigo -- that is major BS.  i think i would have lost my mind if i saw someone do that my child. bravo to you for handling it so well.  i hope you do report it to HR, because there's no way someone like that should be working with children.  yes, they can be little pains in the bum, but they are *children*, and the adults who are taking care of them should be mature enough to respond calmly and without violence.  grrrrr...  is the little guy okay?

aljm -- Bienvenue/Welcome to this great group of gals!  and good luck with your first appointment!

max -- good luck with the follicles!  i hope this is your month.  (unfortunately, it hasn't been mine, so could you move me back to waiting to O?)

afm -- AF reared her bloody head today after more than a week of cramps and tingly boobies. oh well.... anyone have any news on Library?

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#127 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 09:57 AM

the teacher in question is being put on administrative leave immediately.  thank goodness.

peak fertility today, whee!  (of course we did have the trigger shot but estrogen needs to be high enough to make peak pop up).  we have our insem at 345pm today and dp has had an acupuncture appt already this morning.  we need to get a pineapple now!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#128 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 01:17 PM

so i've been reading some of the old Queer Conceptions and i saw that very often there was a Question of the Day (QOTD) that everyone answered. what do ya'll think of starting that back up? i've been telling my DP about this board and she keeps asking me things like "How old are they? How long have they been trying? Are they taking any vitamins or doing anything special to try to get pregnant?" etc. So maybe we could start with that?

afm:

How old are you?

*I'm 38 1/2 and wifey is almost 41 (we're both trying).

How long have you been trying?

*Just for the last few months. (as i've mentioned before, French law makes it impossible for us to get donor sperm or inseminations done in a clinic, so we spent almost a year trying to find a reliable private donor)  I've done three at home inseminations with a KD, and my wife has done two.

What are you doing to help with TTC?

*So far we're just eating a lot of fresh fruits and veg, taking folic acid and using the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor and Preseed. (but we'd both be happy to have any advice on other things we could try!)

what about everyone else?

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#129 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 03:34 PM

Good idea.

How old are you?

*I'm 38 (soon to be 39) and DP is 46. I'm the one trying.

*It's been about a year although not all of it spent trying. We squeezed 11 cycles into 9 months and got pregnant on the 11th cycle. We started charting temps about 5 months before we did our first try. We did five IUIs but then switched to fresh and eventually got to two donors in a cycle (i.e. Spermapalooza)

*I'm an example of doing pretty much anything and everything. Primary are as follows:

1. Lost weight, exercise 5 days a week, 4-5 miles a day.

2. Take 21 vitamins per day (this includes things like Primrose Oil, Bee's Jelly, and Vitex)

3. Monitor impending ovulation through cervical mucus, basal temp and ultrasounds around CD14 at the RE.

4. Pineapple core after to help implantation.

5. Identified short luteal phase, taking progesterone supplements after ovulation.

6. No alcohol at any time and limited caffeine.

7. Acupuncture.

8. Relaxation techniques.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#130 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

Crystal- I would just try to plan for this cycle the way you normally would, monitor as many signs as you can.

Indigo- Sounds like great follicle numbers and great timing! I also plan to do acupuncture before and after my insemination. Are you two inseming once this cycle? dust.gif Also completely unacceptable behavior, I would mention it to as many people as possible.

Aljm41910- Welcome and I will add you to Figuring things out! Welcome.gif

Want2bmumx2- I moved you to Waiting to O, I am sorry it didn’t work out last cycle.

Nosreves- Sorry to hear things did not work out and I moved you back to Waiting to O. Good luck gearing up for the next cycle.

QOTD- I am 38 ½ as well nosreves! We have been trying since September 2009. I have 17 insems under our belt which is why we switched to IVF. I take a lot of vitamins, I have been going to acupuncture, taking Chinese fertility herbs to tone my organs and most importantly in an extremely medicated IVF cycle. I don’t drink caffeine and I have been doing guided imagery and relaxation techniques.

AFM- I had another U/S yesterday morning. I have about 8 follies growing on one side and about 3 on the other so I’m really happy with that number. There is one bigger one and all the rest at about 11-12, so we are gearing up for the bigger group. I’m still on my meds plus Ganirelix now to keep from ovulating early. My next U/S will be Sunday to see how they have all grown. joy.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#131 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 04:46 PM

Hey all! Seems like since several TTC ers graduated at once, this thread has gotten kinda quiet! Q&P is poppin' though! (Literally!)

Krista, I just wanted to say congratulations on being back in the game! I have been rooting for you since January, when I started lurking here.

I'm gonna go ahead and answer the QOTD, even though we are technically not trying...yet.

My wife and I are both 24, turning 25 this summer and fall, respectively. The plan is for her to carry first. My turn will come in a couple years.

We have not yet joined the ranks of you brave soldiers of TTC. Our first try will hopefully be in June, then skipping July, then trying consistently onward from August. However, we are also foster parents waiting for our next placement. We have been waiting for the next kiddo since January and are still hoping to foster at least one more before our own gets here!

To prepare for TTC, we have both been charting and temping (cervical mucus and position) since January (solidarity, you know?). We are on a mostly organic and hormone free diet. DW is starting pre natals this month. Last cycle, she began monitoring with the OvaCue monitor and this cycle we are adding in OPKs to test the monitor. DW's weight is perfect, so we are just trying to help her be in the most fit condition possible- nothing crazy though. We also drink a cup of green tea every morning and a cup of a women's herbal in the evenings. I have been working on some fertility directed sculpture and drawing, just to keep ourselves focused on the goal.

Afu, things have been very frustrating lately. We have gotten nowhere in getting DW tested for her sister's blood disorder. I feel totally lost as to the answer.

Also, lets talk about CMV! Krista, I am desperately seeking your opinion. DW and I want to use the same donor for our pregnancies. We are still donor shopping, and we have been back and forth on the CMV status. We already know I am CMV neg, so her status is kind of a moot point, yes? I have read that using a CMV pos donor is both fine and not fine. Wtf? Sperm donors are tested, none of them actively have CMV, so could a CMV neg woman get pregnant without worrying about the baby contracting the virus? Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Thinking of you all! Especially you, Max!!!

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#132 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 04:55 PM

How old are you?

i'm 41 and dp is 34.  she is the one trying

we are in the tww for the first try for #3.  we conceived ds1 in november 2006 on our second attempt with me carrying.  we conceived ds2 in may 2009 on our third attempt with dp carrying.

like krista we do several things:

1. weekly massage

2. fertility acupuncture

3. various herbs and supplements - baby aspirin, maca root, ume plum balls, omega-3, vitamin, calcium, b6, b12, folic acid, d3

4. metformin and synthroid (for medical conditions - pcos and hypothyroidism)

5. no caffeine or alcohol

6. we are under the care of an RE

7. pineapple core post ovulation for 5 days

g

#133 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 05:48 PM

Hi all...

Library where ever you are - snuggling with your babe - I've been thinking about you today and sending you all our labour ease dust. Can't wait to hear about your little one.

QOTD

How old are you - I'm 28, my partner is 35. I'm TTC this time round. My partner carried our first (DD almost 2!)

How long have you been trying - this is month #1 - waiting to O

What are you doing to help TTC?

- testing at clinic (day 3, sonohysterogram, other blood work)

- naturopath to identify health issues/food allergies

- regular sleep without light to regulate cycle after our first baby

- prenatal, fish oil, vit D, raspberry leaf tea

- watching CM, chartin BBT a little, ultrasounds at clinic starting day 10 plus blood tests to decide when to insem (this is standard at our clinic)

- trying to follow the advice in Brill's book (excersize, healthy eating with protein ever 3 hours, lots of organisms, etc...)

- we like to make insem day as special as possible - after the insem going out for good food, taking a nap, visualizing, etc... take the day off if possible.

- keeping my sanity and excitement by checking in here :)

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#134 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 07:26 PM

ok, update!!  we had our insemination as planned at around 4pm.  the count on our vial was 13 million - which is the best count we've had from the 6 ici vials we had of our donor.  the RE spins them to iui for us prior to insem.

at dp's acupuncture appt this morning her doctor said that her qi was great and her pregnancy pulse was amazing.  she joked that with 3 follicles dp would end up pregnant with twins.

so the deed is done!  maxk, please move us to braving the tww!  we will most likely take an hpt on april 22 - good friday.

we fly tomorrow so i don't know how much checking in i will be able to do.

good luck to everyone!

g

#135 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 07:51 PM

QOTD-

How old are you?

I'm 23 and dp is 26, I am the one trying.

We have been trying since February of this year, so not too long. I got pregnant on the second try last month but miscarried at 5 weeks. I wanted to try again this month but I think I missed O already. I want to get dental work done first anyways. On to more trying next month!

I take a prenatal vitamin and recently we got a gym membership. I am pretty healthy but while I was pregnant I was afraid to do anything! So I want to get into a good routine so I can keep it up once I get pregnant again. To detect O I have been using the Answer kit, but next try I am using ClearBlue with the smiley faces. I'm thinking about switching back to Answer though, I like that I know when O is coming because the line starts to get darker. Not sure yet. Starting to temp this month but so far its no use. No alcohol, almost no caffene.

So whats up with Library?? She went into labor????

Max- Thanks for the advice, GOOD LUCK!

Nosreves- That totally sucks about the french law not letting you guys get sperm or get insem'ed in a clinic. Sounds like you two have been through a lot! Good idea about the QOTD btw.

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

#136 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 08:23 PM

QOTD

How old are you?

I am 36 and DP is 48.

Since October 2010, with a break in there--we're on our 5th try.

1. prenatal vitamins and EPA-DHA (fish oil)

2. acupuncture

3. under the care of an RE

4. clomid

5. exercise

6. daily visits to Queer Conceptions

7. mindfully eating and getting lots of sleep

8. meditating/visualizing after each insemination

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#137 of 415 Old 04-08-2011, 09:34 PM

I was hoping for baby news from Library...something must be happening for her not to have checked in!!

Have a great trip, indigo! And good luck with the 2ww! (And I'm glad the a@$ at your sons' daycare is suspended...I would have lost it....)

How old are you?

I'm 40 (eep, I haven't typed that before!), eta DP is 47

I was 38 when I got pregnant with DD and it took us 7 tries. I had 2 m/c and 1 chemical. We are hoping for our first try for baby #2 in May/June if my post partum nursing body cooperates with the plan!

• Use opks, cbfm, cm and will try and temp this cycle
  • Prenatal, Vitamin D, fish oil
  • Acupuncture for fertility
  • I drank chinese herbs (prescribed by my acupuncturist) when ttc DD but she seems to react to them when nursing so I'm not sure I'll start them again
  • Red Raspberry tea when I remember to drink it (I did lots of green tea when ttc DD)
  • No caffeine when we actually start trying, limited alcohol (a glass of red wine here and there is good for my soul ;) )
  • I also did the pineapple thing after insem'ing and will do it again
  • Thinking about maca and red clover tea - anyone have any experience with either of these? side effects of maca??

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#138 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 06:46 AM

Typing on behalf of SmilingSara

I'm 23, this is my first try. DP is 30 and 9 weeks pregnant after 4 tries with frozen ID release sperm over 10 months.

I quit caffeine, taking prenatal vitamins, watching what I eat. Most importantly I'm putting sperm in my body when i ovulate.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#139 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 07:26 AM

Hey ladies. Library posted over on Q&P. Check it out.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#140 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSunsets View Post

Afu, things have been very frustrating lately. We have gotten nowhere in getting DW tested for her sister's blood disorder. I feel totally lost as to the answer.

Also, lets talk about CMV! Krista, I am desperately seeking your opinion. DW and I want to use the same donor for our pregnancies. We are still donor shopping, and we have been back and forth on the CMV status. We already know I am CMV neg, so her status is kind of a moot point, yes? I have read that using a CMV pos donor is both fine and not fine. Wtf? Sperm donors are tested, none of them actively have CMV, so could a CMV neg woman get pregnant without worrying about the baby contracting the virus? Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Desert: first off, sorry to hear you're having trouble getting DW tested. Tell me more about what that's about and why you're having troubles.

As for CMV status. CMV is a virus that will affect up to 85% of us a in a lifetime. But most people don't have symptoms and are not affected by it. When you do, it's kind of like having a bad flu. The cause for concern in pregnant women is that the virus could be passed on to the fetus and the fetus could develop congential defects. (Desert: I'm sure you know all this but I'm saying this to the general audience if they aren't aware of the importance of CMV testing). In terms of choosing a CMV negative or positive donor: if you're negative and you have a donor that tests positive, you are now at risk at contracting the virus yourself and then passing it on to the baby. BUT...when they test donors, they aren't testing them for the virus as much as they are testing for the antibodies of the virus which is different than testing for the actual virus. So they assume if someone has the antibodies present than thethey are likely to have CMV. Either way, it's testing for the chance presence of CMV which you don't want.

Okay, now on to your situation. You say you are CMV neg. I can't remember from our previous conversation if you were tested for the antibodies or the actual virus. Your test would say "CMV IGG" if they tested you for the presence of the antibodies. So if you're neg for the antibodies than you most likely have never had CMV and don't have it now. I tested positive but they asked for a retest and when they retested, they found out everything was fine and not of concern.

You say that "her status is kind of a moot point, right?" Do you mean DP's? Isn't she the one that is trying to carry? If she's tested positive for CMV or the CMV antibodies than it kind of is a moot point on the donor because she already has a chance of giving it to the baby through her own CMV status. Or I've misunderstood the question so ask it again and I'll try to answer it.

Your best case scenario for not worrying about the baby is that you both have no antibodies present (or they're certain you don't have CMV) and the donor also has no antibodies present. That way, no one is at risk for potentially contributing to giving the baby the virus.

The reason you probably find controversial information around sperm donors is because the chances of the baby contracting the virus is not as great. It would have to pass from him to you to the baby.

Hope that helps somewhat and doesn't muddy the waters.

#141 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 AM

So exciting for Library! I'm so happy for her.

AFM: we have the donors lined up and are waiting for ovulation. I am praying, praying, praying that my O comes as it normally does. It is super trippy how regular my body is (or how I hope it still is). On April 15, it will be one year since we did our first insemination (sigh) and we intend to inseminate this time on April 18 so only three days off despite a miscarriage and all. I'm trying to remain hopeful but it is REALLY hard to get back on this train. I'd love to be that success story that gets pregnant soon after a miscarriage but I always feel like I'm going to be on the other side of the stat so I've got to keep my chin up!

The good news is both our donors are back on with us so we think we'll get four insems over four days. We're just going to repeat the exact same process we did when I did get pregnant. The only new addition is that I'm taking Royal Bee Jelly which is supposed to improve the quality of the egg. Lord knows if it's true but of course there are many women on the Internet that swear by it so I gotta take it!

Happy Saturday.

Lesbodoula Krista

#142 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Krista--I'm really hoping that you are one of the ones who gets pregnant right away! Have you read the short story 'Royal Jelly' by Roald Dahl? It's pretty funny, if a little dark...

Indigo--FX that this is it! Have a wonderful trip!!!

AFM--sitting here on 5ish DPO. Not at all positive this time--DP is telling me that if I'm going to act like this is totally hopeless there's no point. I'm trying to convince her that talking about hopeless and still doing what I should be doing is a form of optimism, but so far she doesn't buy it. Not liking the spooge pills (progesterone) but they're not as bad as they could be, I guess. Hoping that the next week passes quickly.

QOTD:
I'm 29 and DP is 30 for another four days. I'm the one trying because she'd rather not be pregnant and I'm all excited about it (well, usually).
we're in the TWW for our 6th try, this is the first one with drugs (clomid, ovidril, endometrin) and RE monitoring, We've been trying since the end of October, so it hasn't been that long.
What we're doing for TTC: Seeing the RE and doing what she says (since what she's been saying is what I would be asking for if she didn't beat me to it), limited alcohol, minimal caffeine, pineapple, lucky necklace (why not, right?), prenatal, opks, basal body temp, CM/cervix checking (though I'm on a break with all of that for this cycle. If it doesn't work I'll start up again), 2 IUIs per cycle, reading Mothering, reading lots of blogs, meeting up with other TTCers in real life (which has been GREAT!). Whining. I don't know if that helps, but it seems to go with the TTC process over here...

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#143 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 01:08 PM

First, congratulations are due to Library and her DP, for their gorgeous baby daughter! I saw her picture in Q&P, absolutely lovely.

Krista, that is a good question about whether or not I was tested for the antibodies or the disease. I don't know. My midwife did the blood test and called to tell me I was negative, I never thought to ask which I was negative for. I will find out. My wife will hopefully be carrying first, if we can get a negative result on that dratted blood disorder - more on that in a sec. We are not sure of my wife's CMV status, but if we plan on using the same donor for both hers and my pregnancies, we should probably just choose a CMV neg donor, assuming my status is truly negative. Does that make any sense? I just mean that even if DW is CMV pos, I'm not (in theory) and my donor should be neg if we want to be really safe. DW has a CMV test pending, so we should know more soon.

So the stupid complicated infuriating blood disorder. I apologize in advance for repeating myself, some of the following is old info and some is new.

DW's half sister was diagnosed as having congenital antithrombin deficiency after suffering severe blood clotting problems during pregnancy. The somewhat short version is that she almost died several times, miscarried one baby at six months, and had a second baby delivered at six months, who lived in the NICU for several months. He has severe cerebral palsy from being born so early. Nine years later, she is still on blood thinners daily as well as a strict diet to manage it, and it continues to flare routinely.

This disorder is triggered by elevated levels of estrogen in the system or by systemic trauma. As of now, DW shows no symptoms of antithrombin deficiency, but she has never been on birth control or pregnant. We are trying to make sure she does not have this disorder, but preemptive testing before symptoms show up is rare and it seems none of our providers know the best way to accomplish it. Even the genetic counselor admitted they don't perform that test and would refer us onward.

The testing is considered experimental by the FDA, and DW's insurance doesn't know if they will cover it until after we get the test done and submit a claim.

After DW has a deep vein thrombosis, testing for the deficiency is simple. But triggering a DVT is not an acceptable solution for us. It had even been suggested that she just get pregnant without knowing and start right off the bat by seeinga high risk OBGYN. We are feeling like we have no allies in getting this diagnosed and feeling very ignored and dismissed.

If DW does have this, it is our goal to never trigger it, meaning no pregnancies for her.

Sorry for the novel, I'm just super frustrated and feeling a little hopeless.

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#144 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 02:05 PM

Happy Saturday everyone...

I went for my u/s and blood work last Thursday...I have 6 follies...2x12, 2x11, and 2x10...lining was 9.5. I'm still on 225 ui's follistim until Monday...when I go in for an additional u/s, hopefully then I'll be able to trigger and then insem on Tuesday. We are also thinking about throwing some fresh KD spem into the mix. My body doesn't release mature eggs...the injectables are helping with that...so I think if we throw in some fresh sperm that lasts longer, then we will be 'sure' to catch the egg. Well, that's the hope and plan at least. If we do that we will also insem on Sunday and Tuesday as well. So, we shall see!

QOTD~

How old are you?

I am 38...will be 39 in June and DW is 53.

We have been trying for about 18 months. We have insemed 8 times...twice with an RE and the other 6 times were at home IUI's (frozen sperm) and ICI's (fresh sperm with KD). I am the one trying...DW has never had the desire to give birth.

1)  Under care of an RE

2)  Used Clomid, Femara, and now on to Follistem injectables, Ganarelix, and Ovidriel trigger shot.

3)  Prenatal vitamin, B12, fish oil

4)  Cut out most caffine, and all alchohol
5)  I tried acupuncture, but I felt every single needle and I didn't have much confidence in the technician...so I didn't go back.

6)  I eat fresh pineapple with the core 1-5 DPO

7)  I'v tried a little meditation and guided imagery

8)  I also try not to obcess or worry too much during the tww

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#145 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 PM

How old are you?

*I'm 34 my partner is 27 ( she is trying)

*Just for the last few months. since Jan 2011

*eating lots of fresh local organic veggies and fruits, lots of proteins and water.. cut out all white flours ( only whole grains) Use OPK with the smiley face ( works well for us) we use a fresh donor and insem 2-3 times a cycle.. we will consult an RE after 6 months.. we try to not stress and just be patient and remain positive!! Also taking a pre-natal and fish oil. Limited caffeine and no drinking at all.. She also quit smoking.. ( but does have one about once a month ( usually while in middle of TWW) she is working on not having Any :)

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#146 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 07:49 PM

Gosh, I wish I could stand pineapple! -sigh- lol everyone seems to be using it!

#147 of 415 Old 04-09-2011, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPerez View Post

Gosh, I wish I could stand pineapple! -sigh- lol everyone seems to be using it!

i am with you.. can not stand pineapple... but luckily DP does.. and I told her this month we should try the pineapple after insems.. she looked at me like I was crazy :)

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#148 of 415 Old 04-10-2011, 07:36 AM

Hi everyone! How are your weekends going?! 

Nothing going on here. We all worked our butts off on the rental property we have yesterday and man was I tired. We got chinese food for dinner after words and I cried about it. Sara said she thinks I'm pregnant now. My boobs are killing me. The 'pressure' I was feeling has stopped for today but it'll probably be back. And my bowels haven't moved in at least three days (sorry if thats tmi). All good signs I guess. I really wanted to test today but sara talked me into waiting a few more days. I can do that, right?!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#149 of 415 Old 04-10-2011, 11:38 AM

Smiling don't forget lots of water ! Really its helps all around
#150 of 415 Old 04-10-2011, 02:42 PM

Sara: All very good signs! KMFX for you!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page