Queer Conceptions: April 2011 - Keep the BFP's rollin' in! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SmilingSara- Sorry about your BFN but you know many people here that got a positive after 10DPO. I’m not giving up for you.

Krista- So glad you ran into your old friend, sounds bittersweet. hug.gif

KellySF- I think your plan sounds like a good one. Here’s some baby dust to get you started. dust.gif

AFM- Ready for the retrieval tomorrow, I feel like I’m going to burst!

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#182 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 03:36 PM

thanks guys! I'm struggling not to cry from reading everyone's kind words! I'm not testing again until friday, if not after. Trying to stay busy and not think about it. 

Max: BEST OF LUCK TOMORROW! All of my fingers and toes and everything else crossed for you and DP! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#183 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM

Max~ FX for a great retrieval tomorrow...and for a great transfer on Sunday or Monday. Hopefully this is the cycle for both of us!!!!  thumb.gif

Smiling~ It's not over until the ugly AF shows her ugly head...and you won't have to see that for at least another 9 months. smile.gif

2EZ~ Yeah! I am glad that you and your little bean are doing well. Take advantage of the bed rest...get some for me.

Kelly~ So are you doing 12, 24, and 36 hrs post trigger? or are you going to trigger and then immediately insem? For this insem are you using fresh or frozen sperm? If you are using fresh...then I guess immediately after the insem would be okay, cause fresh lives longer, but if you are using frozen I would wait till at least 12 hrs post trigger.

Krista~ Yeah for having all your donors lined up...and fingers crossed for your cycle getting back to normal.

5G~ Welcome back! hug2.gif

AFM~ Well I went in this morning and had my IUI at the RE's office @ 9am. We had 38 million motile spermies!!! Yeah!!!  But when I stood up I felt kinda wet and when I wiped there was some yellowish/tan liquid on the tp. When the RE did the insem she used a speculum and I felt cramping. I then laid there for 10 min or so. Surely nothing ran out...right? I know it's a silly question I keep telling myself that the sperm is safe and sound inside the cervix. Any thoughts?!? Tonight around 8:30 or 9pm DW and I will be doing our at home ICI with fresh KD sperm...so hopefully between the two we will catch that egg. I'm feeling really good about this cycle...so now not to obsess over the tww...Who are my tww buddies...baby dust to you all!

Max can you move me to braving the tww?!? Thanks

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#184 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 05:27 PM

woo gellybean! that sounds really good! hope your home insem is full of laughs, just like Sara and mine were! (man that sounds like really bad english but I can't think  how to make it not sound that way). Thanks for your supportive words (again I am nearly crying from them. I'm a mess)! FX for you!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#185 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 PM

Smiling- Sorry to hear about the BFN. We're still rooting for you to get that BFP and there still is time. Hopefully you will not be seeing AF's ugly face again for months to come. It's not over until the ugly lady bleeds.af.gif    Hide.......hide.gif

Not enough time for personals because I need to gear up for my role as "inseminator". Watch out egg here I come.

We are definitely thinking of everyone and still KMFX for anyone in the TWW fingersx.gif

As far as updates: We got our first view of the little one today and there is definitely a strong heart beat. We are officially 5 weeks 6 days today and our EDD is December 07, 2011. Here is a peek:

018.JPG

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#186 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 07:57 PM

Miami - we are gonna race to the finish line! My EDD is Dec 2. And yay for seeing the heartbeat. Doesn't it just make your heart melt? Hooray for you!

Gelly - I think all your little swimmers are probably reaching that magical egg right about now! I feel certain they're all just fine. And what great sperm counts!

Krista - Hang in there sweetie. You're about to be back where you belong - preggo! It's going to happen. I'll be thinking of you. I've been there too, everyone except you gets pregnant. What used to piss me off were the idiots who didnt want a baby, were smoke and drinking during pregnancy, and even those who felt it was such a burden. Your little bean will happen!

Max - Are you ready? So stoked for you! Go eggies go! Xoxoxo.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#187 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 08:45 PM

nosreves, unless you already know of a reason you aren't O'ing then there is no reason to think you aren't O'ing just fine at this point. If you are detecting the surge, getting ewcm around the same time, have a "regular" LP and regular periods there is a very good chance everything is fine. Do you temp? That is also a very good way to see that you are O'ing.

hug2.gifsara. 10dpo *is* still early.

Good luck, max!!!

gelly, sounds like good insem to me! It may have been semen (or did the doc use lube for the iui? i've never had an iui....) but I bet the sperm were already on their way :)

Afm: Had my bi-weekly acupuncture treatment today....mmmmmm. We discussed my short LP and I've decided I really just need to relax about it and let my body work things out. I've only had 3 post partum cycles and because I don't want to wean DD then I just need to accept that this may take a bit longer than I thought. If my LP is short again this month we're going to push back our first try. I feel good about that decision.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#188 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 08:46 PM

Smilingsara--A BFN at 10dpo is way early. Don't get discouraged yet. I'm kmfx that good things are happening for you and seraf!

Krista--hug2.gifI'm sorry that things have been tough, but am glad you found a friend to share your story with. Better days are already on their way.

5G--I'm sending lots of good energy your way as you embark on this journey againom.gif.

max--woohoo! So excited for your retrieval tomorrow. May it be wildly successful!

2ez--I was so scared for you over the weekend, but am relieved that your doc got everything figured out. Here's to a happy, healthy little growing nugget!

crystal--hoping that this week is better than last week and that you and dp are gearing up for another try.

mami--everything crossed for your dp for her upcoming insemfingersx.gif. And congrats on the strong heartbeat and good u/s. Very excited for your December baby!

gelly--great sperm count!. About the wetness, it could be from any lubrication your re might have used during the insertion. It could also be cervical mucus that was loosened up during the insemination. In any event, I think its inevitable that a few swimmers that may end up in the vaginal vault, but that should be negligible when you consider how many sperm are actually inserted. When I did my first IUI, I noticed more wetness than I anticipated. With my second, I didn't have as much. When I asked my RE about it, she said that she got the sample up higher in my uterus the second time, so I think the placement of the catheter might count for something too. Good luck to you!

dust.gifto all those who need it. I know that there are some out there lurking in the shadows, waiting to O or in the TWW, so I wish you peace and strength.

afm--I am 8dpo today and need to wait for six more days before I test, or at least that's what my RE told me I should do since I had a trigger shot. So I'm patiently waiting and trying not to drive myself crazy. I have, of course, scoured Dr. Google for when the earliest day is that I can take a HPT. That drove me slightly crazy though and so as of this moment that I'm typing this, I have officially decided to just wait it out. Wish me lucksmile.gif

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#189 of 415 Old 04-12-2011, 09:47 PM

Qmama- Much luck to you! Be strong and wait to test!

Kelly- I dont know much of anything about trigger shots and about how long it could take but if its fresh I would do it right after, those guys can live for days! Why not let some be in that tube waiting when the egg comes out? Much luck to you!

Sara- I know its hard but to stay positive until your sure. KMFX for you!

Krista- I'm glad you ran into your friend. KMFX that you will O like normal and catch that egg!! You deserve it.

AFM- Got the results from my beta from Monday and it was "about 1" but obgyn wants to get it all the way to 0 so I will be back there next Monday, hopefully I have at least one arm without bruises that they can take blood from. I also had an appointment with my regular dr today for a pap (I have a history of abnormal paps and have had 2 biopsies) and she says that as soon as I get the results from the pap and if needed we do another biopsy I can start trying again.

For everyone! goodvibes.gif

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#190 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 AM

2EZ- Hoping to be able to see you all the way at the finish line. We are so glad that despite the bleeding your little bean is OK. Are you having any morning sickness? headscratch.gif

QMama- We know the tww is horrible and we hope you make it through with your sanity. Dr.Google has always been our most reliable source but at the same time he can really drive you nuts. Take it day by day and try to stay occupied to pass the time by a little quicker. KMFX fingersx.gif

Run Sara, run!Bolt.gif

AFM- The insem last night went great. There was a tiny droplet of blood that came out of DP's cervix when the swimmers went in but it was nothing serious. DP reports she felt fine this morning before I left. One more insem tonight and than we will officially be in the TWW again. whistling.gif

dust.gifand goodvibes.gifto all!

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#191 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 07:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I'm so behind!

Gelly—Everything crossed for you! I’m having a rough time getting up early enough to drive the half-hour to the RE’s office, and I definitely think of you and your long commute every time we’re heading there. I hope that this is it, and you can start putting that gas money towards a college fund instead! Also, like Qmama said, did your RE use lube at all? One of my nurses did this time (I think it was a reflex because they use it with the dildocams) and I was really surprised. No one else has, but that might be some of what you felt.

Kelly—glad everything is on track! I’ll be thinking of you tonight! I think I’d wait until the next morning (12 hrs past) since it will probably take a while for your egg to be released and get close enough for the sperm to get to it—they don’t live that long if they’re frozen.

Max—everything crossed for your retrieval this morning! I hope you get ten great ones!

Crystal—Hang in there! Maybe offer them something else to poke? A leg?

Nos Reves—I cannot believe that such a ‘secular’ country will regulate what women can wear but not then extend them the freedom to choose how to become pregnant. Is there no coverage for single women at all? That just seems ridiculous to me, and I’m sorry that you’re having to work within those confines.

Carmen—I’m sorry that your cycle is taking its time getting more regular. It must be so frustrating!

2EZ—I’m so glad that things are good with your little bean, but the bleeding must have been terrifying! I’m sorry you had to have those scares! Hopefully it’s all over now and you can sit back and relax for the rest of your pregnancy. Are you going to be our new Library—resident pregnant poster? We’re going to need someone to step in!

Krista—I’m glad you’re feeling better—and that you have your KDs all ready to go!

5grand—I’m glad you’re back in action! And that you have your next embie lined up and waiting to find a nice, fluffy spot to settle in for the long haul. Take your time with your friends—it’s not possible to be happy for everyone all the time, especially when you’ve been through so much yourself so recently. They’ll understand that you need the space to heal before you can be excited for them.

Sara—I’m sorry about the BFN—TOO EARLY!! Too. Early. FX.

Mami—Congrats again on the little bean—and on seeing the heartbeat! Good luck with your DP!

AFM—nothing noteworthy going on. Some mild abdominal cramping, but honestly it’s the same as it always is. I’ve been a little moody (also normal) but no other symptoms. I can’t tell if it’s the endometrin or me, so I’m trying not to think about it. My progesterone levels were nice and high on Monday (32.something) and they said we can test this weekend. I’ve been super-busy at work (it’s national library week and we have had programs every night—two with Neil Gaiman, which is fabulous, but means we have thousands of fans to accommodate). And we're getting a new roof, so right now it sounds like Armageddon over my head, which makes it hard to concentrate on anything else. Hopefully today they'll be done and I can have a nice peaceful house again!

I do, however, have a QOTD:
Two of my coworkers have just come back off maternity leave (one had her second child, the other her third). One is THRILLED to be back, the other keeps plotting how she can leave and stay home with her new son. So my QOTD, if you’re willing to share, is what do you and your DP do for a living, and is either of you planning to leave work and stay home with the baby when it’s born?
I’m a librarian-cum-events-planner and DP works in public housing. I’d love to stay home part time (full time would probably drive me crazy) but unfortunately my job doesn’t have that as an option, and since it’s the one with the better benefits I’ll be staying there at least until we’re done having kids. DP’s identity really involves having a job, so I think she’d be unhappy staying home, even though she used to be a nanny and would be a wonderful SAHM.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#192 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 09:06 AM

Gelly:  I will be braving the dreaded TWW with you as of tomorrow morning!  We're using frozen sperm for all 3 of our insems this cycle.  I've been overthinking this way too much, but I think I'm going to stick with doing our ICI tomorrow morning instead of tonight along with the trigger.  So the ICI will be about 8 hours post-trigger.  ICI sperm is supposed to live longer than IUI sperm, right?  I just need it to live until our IUI tomorrow night... KMFX for you and your 2 insems!  Sounds like you have some winning swimmers there thumb.gif

Oh, and re: your question about sperm leaking out, I think that's highly unlikely with an IUI.  I've been concerned about that in past too but medically speaking it would be really hard for any to make it back out of the uterus.  In the past, I think that some CM has been dislodged by the speculum/catheter and that's what I've felt following an IUI.

Mami:  How exciting to see your bean!  Congrats!

Crystal:  Hang in there!  Hope your beta goes down to a beautiful 0 and that you get someone who doesn't bruise up your arms...I know that's not fun.

Isa:  I feel for you being on endometrin (it's the same as prometrium, right?)  I'm kind of dreading starting up the progesterone after we insem...it just gives SO many symptoms that mimic pregnancy.  Hang in there!

QOTD:

I'm a lawyer (who's in library school) and DP is a librarian (no shortage of those around here! orngtongue.gif ).  I do mostly temporary contract projects as an attorney so while my work is extremely flexible, I don't have benefits or anything.  DP's job is with a county library system and she has awesome benefits, so she will definitely be keeping her job, at least for the foreseeable future.  I want to stay home for the first 3 months but honestly don't know if I could do it much longer than that.  I think I'm too Type A and need to be out and about and interacting with adults.  But we'll see...I know everything can change once a baby arrives!

I did have an interview at Google yesterday for a really sweet position...so we'll see what happens with that.  If I got it, it could definitely affect what we decide to do once we have a baby around (i.e., better childcare options and flexibility re: working from home).

Kelly (33) & Cole (30) married since 2008, TTC #1 since 2009

pos.gif on 5/2/11!  EDD is 1/3/12! 

#193 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 09:21 AM

Hello all.  Apologies, in advance, for being long-winded.  I have been lurking for some time and finally got brave enough to post and introduce myself.  

A little about me:  I just turned 40 in February.  After a couple of failed attempts, I met the love of my life in 2007 and we married last year.  My wife is 28 (LUCKY!!) but her soul is much older than mine so things balance out.  Family, biological and otherwise, is very important to us.  We are lucky enough to have 8 nieces and nephews, 3 parents, 3 sisters (+3 BIL) and a few close friends we consider family all living within 30 minutes of us so we spend a lot of time at large family gatherings.  

We are anxious to add to the brood and started TTC #1 in October of 2010.  We decided I would try first.  Given my age, we went directly to the RE and diagnostics revealed no problems with fertility (other than the age of my eggies).  We have had 6 unsuccessful IUI cycles using frozen sperm (my partner is Filipino and finding a Filipino KD is a huge challenge where we are in VA).  Last month, we made the decision to switch over to IVF.  I have noted that many of you stick with ICI/IUI for longer but we had a couple of reasons:

-Better odds: my age created uncertainty around how long it would take to get pregnant via IUI. After riding the roller coaster you all know so well for 6 months, I guess we are both getting a little impatient  

-Cost:  IUI with frozen sperm was getting expensive.  With 6 months worth of double insemminations and RE costs we could have already paid for a round of IVF. Additionally, we have reached the threshold where my insurance considers me “infertile” and will provide some assistance.

-Opportunity to share the experience:  Given age of DW, we decided to use her eggs.  The benefit here is two-fold.  First, the probability of success is significantly higher with her eggs but, more importantly, it allows us both to play a critical role. She provides the eggs and I get to carry and give birth.

So, our IVF cycle should begin in the next couple weeks when DW gets AF.  We should do the retrieval and transfer at some point in June.  This is a phenomenal group and I look forward to being a more active member going forward.  KMFX and sending baby dust for each of you wherever you are in your journey.

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#194 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 09:31 AM

Alpha, welcome!  It sounds like you and your partner have very good reasons for throwing in the IUI towel and moving to IVF.  From everything I've read, it seems like you have a good shot at some good outcomes with IVF at your age, especially with your DP's eggs.  It's awesome that you're able to use her eggs but carry the child.  Best of luck to the two of you, and keep us posted!  joy.gif

Kelly (33) & Cole (30) married since 2008, TTC #1 since 2009

pos.gif on 5/2/11!  EDD is 1/3/12! 

#195 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Gelly- Wouldn’t worry about the goop, could have been CM. Just don’t use a speculum with your ICI tonight. The speculum could pull it out.

Mami- Such a cute ultrasound picture. Sounds like a great insem! dust.gif Here is to catching that egg!

PrettyIsa- I will start my Endometrin too on Thursday.

KellySF- Good luck with the interview at Google, that sounds amazing.

Alphahen- Welcome.gif Good to have you here. How far away is your DW from getting AF, if she gets it soon, wouldn’t you be starting the injections in April? And just to clarify, are you using her eggs and you will carry? I think that is an awesome plan!

QOTD- My DP works as a health care consultant and has consistent contracts. I teach full time and part time at two different art colleges. I have thought of leaving the full time teaching gig and keeping the part time one, which will only be two classes a week. This is our tentative plan. I will use up all of my maternity and disability leave first though!

AFM- The follicle retrieval went so smoothly today. They retrieved 9 eggs! That was really close to my ideal 10. The nurse said they can get anywhere from 1 egg to 30-70! Can you believe that, I have never heard of such numbers before. They will insem today so I guess today is our conception day! joy.gif. The transfer will happen either Saturday or Monday, depending what on what they look like as they grow. love.gif The nurse told me that I had a very calm presence about me and she could feel it every time she came near me. om.gifmakebabe.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#196 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 01:29 PM

Max - biggrinbounce.gif Congrats on your conception date. I know you and DP have waited a long, long time for this day. Congrats sweetie.

Alpha - Welcome! Glad you've joined us. Some of my dear friends just did the same thing you guys are doing with partner eggs. Excellent plan!

Isa - I guess I could be the new preggo version of Library. I probably am not as good as her though. I will say that I feel so close to all of you that leaving and only being part of Q&P doesn't seem right. I still want to be the sideline cheerleader for all of you just as everyone did for me. I hope it's ok that I hang around.lurk.gif

AFM - Either morning sickness is kicking in or I am feeling yucky from a sinus infection. Yesterday was mild. Today, not so much. I did drink a caffenine free diet Coke, which settled my tummy a bit, but bleh! And one of my besties sent a HUGE box of maternity clothes! I am so excited to wear them. Lots of cute items, and a ton that are new. (She had twins, so she grew out of items very quickly.) I feel like I am getting a whole new wardrobe!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#197 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPerez View Post

AFM- Got the results from my beta from Monday and it was "about 1" but obgyn wants to get it all the way to 0 so I will be back there next Monday, hopefully I have at least one arm without bruises that they can take blood from. I also had an appointment with my regular dr today for a pap (I have a history of abnormal paps and have had 2 biopsies) and she says that as soon as I get the results from the pap and if needed we do another biopsy I can start trying again.

For everyone! goodvibes.gif

I hope your pap comes back clear and you're on the road to ttc again :)

Welcom, alphahen! Sounds like you have a great plan in place! I'm looking forward to hearing about your success :)

QOTD: I work in IT in post-secondary education as a business analyst. I love my job and the environment I work in. My DP works in film and also loves her job but she works very long hours (as opposed to my 35 hour work week!). I am currently on maternity leave with DD - I'm taking the full 18 months that my employer allows. In Canada everyone gets 12 months employment insurance as well. DP is planning on taking the rest of the year off or maybe if a good project comes up we may deal with childcare then. Ideally, we'd like one of us to be home with DD (and a future baby) until they are in school at least. DP can take lots of time off and I get lots of vacation so we're hoping to have to deal with childcare on a very short term basis. And of course, I hope to be pregnant again soon so back on 18 months mat. leave! I love what I do but I'm struggling with the thought of someone else caring for my children for such a large chunk of time every day when they are so young.

#198 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 01:43 PM

Alpha: welcome! I commend you for moving on to IVF. I'm not far behind you in a lot of respects and a lot of our decision to go that route is $ and time. You have to weigh both and see what shakes out. Let us know if you have any questions or experiences to impart to the rest of us!

QOTD: I'm a vice president for a banking group and DP is a commercial insurance broker. Ultimately, we'd like for me to be primarily at home with the baby but A) i make the bigger bucks right now and B) I don't see myself being a total SAHM. At least not in the sense that I wouldn't have other things going on. I'm currently a City Commissioner (unpaid) and ultimately, my goal is to run for City Council and then Mayor. In a city as large as ours, that's a paid and full time job. But in between that, I would stay at home with the munchkin and maybe work part time to bring in some additional $. I think part of the reason why I get so depressed about not being pregnant as I am looking forward to ending my job of 6 years and moving on to something new but we really don't feel that can happen until the baby because my job is flexible enough to afford me trying to get pregnant. Although my job frustrates me, there's a lot of great benefits to it that I don't want to give up. My mother-in-law will probably help to raise the baby the first two years as she wants to move near us and provide daycare which is wonderful in a lot of different ways! We're very lucky in that regards.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#199 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 02:01 PM

Thinking about everyone! Best luck with all of the insems/ttw (max, isa, mami, qmama, gelly and I hope I'm not forgetting anyone else...)! goodvibes.gif lots and lots of baby dust to you all!dust.gif

Welcome Alpha! You'll fit in well with all of us!

QOTD: I'm a nanny right now, and I freelance with my photography. I'm starting at Chipotle next week (heck yeah for free meals with every shift!) and thats about it. Sara is an LPN and does home healthcare and works PRN at a nursing home and tries to pick up one shift every pay period there (at least). We're saving like woah so both of us can stay home when the baby comes, and then gradually Sara will go back to work and I'll be home with the babe when she's working. I'm going to try and do my photo work to help with the income, and maybe work part time somewhere too (although I'm really excited to be home with the kids all the time!). 

I just looked at FF and it said my average leutile phase is 11 days (which is tomorrow) and my shortest is 10 days and longest is 13... I guess maybe I'll pee on a stick tomorrow if no AF. I'm feeling some 'cramping' today but I dunno what in the world my body is doing...

#200 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 03:03 PM

hi all - updating from my mum and dad's house! 

we are 5dpo.  dp ate her last batch of pineapple today.  symptoms so far - flushed cheeks, gassiness, a little heartburn, tiredness and today some lower abdomen cramping/pinching.  most of that could be attributed to the travel and change in food.  lol, you can tell we are experts at this because we don't get our hopes up at all.  :)

we are officially civil partnered, yay!  and we are enjoying visiting with my family and taking the boys out and about.  today we went to the beach in freezing weather, wind and rain.  yup, that's scottish spring for you. 

will try to update again in a few days if i can.

good luck to all!!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#201 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 03:07 PM

woo hoo indigo! Congrats to you guys! So Happy for you guys!

#202 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Indigo- Congratulations to the both of you! champagne.gif

#203 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 06:39 PM

Smiling~ We did have a funny insem...new puppy. He loves to lick you in the face and chew on your hair. Well there I was up on the pillows and it was hard at me to swat at him to keep him off of me. So he got a few good puppy kisses in on my while DW was trying to get the spermies in. smile.gif

Indigo~ Yeah for you, DP and your family! Civil Partnership!!! Yeah! joy.gif

Welcome.gifAlpha~ Hope that your stay is short and sweet!

EZ~ Hope that you are feeling better...how early does morning sickness kick in? Hope if that is what it is...it's not too bad and it doesn't last too long.  puke.gif

MaxK~ Congratulations on a great retrieval...Happy conception day!!! joy.gif I don't think that my RE used any lube...I think that she warmed up the speculum by running water over it...so maybe that is what it was. I'm just trying not to worry about it... om.gif  I had great sperm #'s and I'm hoping between the two insems we got that egg.

Kelly~ Hey TWW buddy. How ya holding up. Did you use a trigger? or any meds? Good luck with your insem tommorrow morning! Baby dust to you...dust.gif

Isa~ What DPO are you? I've got my fx for you. I don't think that my RE used lube...just some warm water to warm up the speculum, and I don't remember her doing that last time, but it also hurt a bit more last time. I'm thinking that maybe she didn't get the catheter as far in this time as she did last time cause I felt it hit my cervix last time.

AFM~ I have had some cramping today...nothing much. I think it's my ovaries trying to shrink back down. I'll begin taking my prometrium on Friday...I'm looking forward to that...NOT! DW and I are going out of town this weekend...it will be good to get away for a few days. I don't plan on testing until April 25th...Easter Sunday.

QOTD~ I work for the State of Illinois and my DW drives a school bus. We are both in the midst of a career change. She is going back to school to get her hazmat and CDL for driving trucks over the road. Right now the plan would be for me to spend the first 6 months of the babies life at home with the baby and then for my SIL to watch the baby while I finish Nurse Practitioner school. Once I finish school and get a job as a NP...DW will quit and stay home with the baby. That's what we are thinking at this point.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#204 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 06:59 PM

Smiling - - - Friday, Friday, Friday!!!

Indigo - Yippee! Congrats to you gals, and DSs! That's awesome.

Max - How many will you guys transfer?

QOTD - I am a freelance events producer - music, film, tv, sports, whatever the case. I worked in the country music industry in Nashville for 12 years, before we moved to Memphis last Dec for DP's job. My biggest client is my former employer in Nashville. Every June, I am the production manager and site manager for a four-day festival in Nashville, and a events manager for their awards show every Novemeber. My latest event will be this August in Santa Clara, CA with some of the women from the 1999 World Cup women's soccer/Olympic team! I am stoked about that event. I am very fortunate that I get to work from home. My biggest event will end in mid-November, and then I'll deliver in early in Dec. Luckily for me, things don't start to gear back up for me until March, so I'll be off and with the baby for almost 3 months. DP is a general manger for Best Buy. She grand opened a new store here last May. Before the GO, she was a manager in Nashville. Her schedule is pretty crazy. With the freedom of mine, we have a pretty good balance. I am able to be there for the kiddos and I take care of things at home. She will have some sort of maternity leave with this baby, but because it's the holiday season, I figure this will translate into maybe a day off, if we're lucky! :)

AFM - I *might* be in denial about the morning sickness, but I am really thinking it's from my sinus infection. I guess only time will tell. Besides MDC, I am on one other board - for PCOS. Anyway, there's a thread over there for injectibles. There's a gal who was on the same schedule as me - we did IUI on the same day, finished our injects on the same day, and even got BFP's on the same day. Anyway, my first beta was 21 and hers was 139. She triggered with a possible 8 follies. (I triggered with 4 mature, and up to 4 more.) She's been suffering from OHSS really bad, has been hospitalized, etc. Anyway, she had an u/s last week and there was so much fluid from the OHSS that she wasn't able to see the baby. She has another u/s today, and learned she's pregnant with 5, yes, 5 sacs!!! As of today, there was only 1 heartbeat, but 2 fetal poles and 5 sacs! I've been joking with her all along that there are quads in there. Today, do I feel like a complete ass today when I hear there are 5! Wow! Depending on what the u/s shows next week, they may have to consider selective reduction because of too many babies. I cannot imagine being in her spot.

#205 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 07:56 PM

QOTD--I am a biologist and DP is an architect. I will take three months off and it's back to work for me. DP also really loves working so it's gonna be a nanny or child care for the kids. I have a lot of flexibility and will probably switch to just working 4 days so I can be home with the kids for one. Our DD will be in preschool then, so that makes it a bit easier. With our DD, we had family take care of her 4 days a week for her first year which was great. My mom would come over two days and we'd drop her off at her aunt's two days. DP had enough leave time to take every Friday off for a year. We won't be in the same position this next time, but are looking at different options that will allow us more time with the kids.

Alpha--Welcome.gifMay your stay be short and sweet. Everything crossed for you and DPfingersx.gif It sounds like you've got a fantastic plan!

Indigo--Congrats to you and DPchampagne.gif! Hope you're having a great time!

Max--Great news! Keep us posted on the x-fer date!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#206 of 415 Old 04-13-2011, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoscot View Post

hi all - updating from my mum and dad's house! 

we are 5dpo.  dp ate her last batch of pineapple today.  symptoms so far - flushed cheeks, gassiness, a little heartburn, tiredness and today some lower abdomen cramping/pinching.  most of that could be attributed to the travel and change in food.  lol, you can tell we are experts at this because we don't get our hopes up at all.  :)

we are officially civil partnered, yay!  and we are enjoying visiting with my family and taking the boys out and about.  today we went to the beach in freezing weather, wind and rain.  yup, that's scottish spring for you. 

will try to update again in a few days if i can.

good luck to all!!

g

Congratulations!!   champagne.gif

#207 of 415 Old 04-14-2011, 05:44 AM

Max: Can you please move me to waiting to O? Thanks.

Big temp drop this morning. I'm ever so upset. Cried on the phone when I told Sara. Brought the babies over so we can all play, so I could get some hugs and not have just AF to think about. Oh well, on to next month. Going to buy another vial of Woodie, which will make two (we sent the fourth one back) and I'm going to hope like hell this is the last time for a while I have to worry about this heart break. I'm a mess. I hope we all never have to deal with this heart break again. 

#208 of 415 Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 AM

Just dropping in to say CONGRATULATIONS on the successful retrieval, Max, and lots and lots of luck with fertilization, healthy embryo growth, and the transfer!  I'm so excited and hopeful for you.  You've been through so much--this is your moment.  I can feel it. 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#209 of 415 Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Max—Yay for 9 eggies! I’m so glad that the retrieval was successful!!

2EZ—stick around, for sure! And hurray for new maternity clothes! I just broke out my spring stuff and I feel like a whole new person not having to wear the same ratty sweaters I’ve been in all winter. Oh, your poor board-buddy! Hopefully things will resolve themselves and they won’t have to do a reduction.

Alphahen—welcome to the board! I hope things go smoothly for your next cycle!

Kelly—working for google would be amazing! I hope you get the job!

Carmen—the 18 months starts over again with each new baby? That’s amazing. And makes me kind of sad for all of us in the U.S. with our crappy, unpaid mat. leave.

Krista—politics is so tricky—I have a friend who’s really into it, and it seems hard to never know if you’re going to be elected or not, but then when you are just jumping in with guns blazing to get things done in a short time. I wish you lots of luck on your path to become mayor! I also hear you about feeling like you’re ready for a change but that you have to wait until there’s a baby to be the catalyst. Hopefully this month you’ll get your sticky bean and be off and running!

Sara—Oh, no. I’m so sorry about the BFN. Get lots of baby hugs and take good care of yourself.

Indigo—Congratulations! That’s wonderful news!

Gelly—I think I’m on about 9 or 10DPO. I’m not sure exactly when the O was since I’m not temping and trying to be zen, but since my hamster shot was Monday night, I assume it was on Tuesday. Have a great vacation! We’re going on one, too! Just the right time of year to get out of town, I say.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#210 of 415 Old 04-14-2011, 08:43 AM

Congrats on the great retrieval Max.

Hi everyone!

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page