Queer Conceptions: April 2011 - Keep the BFP's rollin' in! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-17-2011, 05:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Max: I'm so excited for you! Your four follicles are beautiful! joy.gif I am keeping my fingers constantly tightly crossed for you. fingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.gif

Good luck to everyone else! I'm sorry that I can't keep up with personals these days. I read regularly and think about you all often!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 05:53 PM

Hello everyone!  I"m so sorry  that I'm so far behind but I wanted to say hello and see how it's going for everyone.

Max~ Your embryos are amazing!!   Photos like that are so beautiful anyway; half magic, half outer-space, but yours are especially beautiful. I'm pulling for Wonder Woman too!  I can't wait for your bfp!  I feel like we've been waiting forever x

I can't catch up, but I'll keep up from now on. I think about you all every day.   Biggest hugs to the bfns and much luck and love to all xoxoxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 04-17-2011, 07:07 PM

max k-fingersx.gif  Awesome pics!

updates: Nothing new DP is 5 DPiui. No signs or symptoms yet. I on the other hand feel very nauseated, my boobs are like boulders, and my appetite is completely gone! Can't smell food, can't look at food, any suggestions? Saw the Doc on Saturday heard the heart beat on the doppler, had my blood drawn, and looking forward to another us in 2 weeks!   

dust.gifdust.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
Old 04-17-2011, 07:33 PM

carmen: how very cute! Is she talking lots now?! We used a pattern we found online. Here it is. All I actually do is cut the threads when Sara's done sewing, I'm not good at it at all, I should say I'm not experienced at it. She does a great job and I remind her of that lots! There's also another one (I'm typing what Sara's saying) thats a really good one. Sara made the triangle one, because there's less material that goes to waste. I think from a men's sweater body we got 10 soakers (8 were newborn and 2 size small). From the other pattern, we could get 4, maybe 6 if we tried and used the sleeves (the sleeves from the sweater we used had already become longies for another baby).  We did use the legband pattern from the second pattern only because I had it printed out next to the sewing machine. We posted a picture in Q&P, under Sara's name. 

indigo: Happy napping to DP. Have you had bacon butties yet?! We tried to make them here, and while they were very yummy, I'll bet the ones there are a million times better. 

lise: the pattern links are up at the top of the post (in carmens). How did your insem go? I was just saying out loud to Sara, that I was wondering how they went! Hope Mr. March works for you this time and me next! Everything crossed for you girlie! 

max: Your follicle pictures are awesome! I'm rooting for Aqua Man (he's the under dog I think and his looks coolest to me!) But all four would be great too! 

2ez: Hope your cravings are treating you well! 

gelly: Your vacation sounds lovely! We spent our day crawling under the rental house in a crawl space that wasn't high enough for my (I guess) rather large bum. That was fun but your weekend sounded way better than mine! Fingers and toes crossed for you for a happy easter BFP! 

escher: when do we get to see a belly picture?! 

Library: how's being a mommy going for you and DP?! I'm sure you gals are kicking butt! Welcome back! How's tiny alice doing?! 

Mami: you sound like sara does with the food. Congrats on the good doppler and fx for DP! 

AFM: My legs are tired. I'm super excited to order sperm this week sometime and counting down days to insem! Cookies are baking now and smell oh so good! Saw my sister today, had dinner with her. Um....thats all really. I feel rather boring. 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 04-17-2011, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mami2Mami- I am about 5DPO too similar to your DP, I'm not planning to test till the 26th, how about you two?

Gelly- Right after the transfer I had some mild cramping but nothing too big. When are you planning to test?

LIbrary, Wherli, and Escher- Thanks for checking on me! Can't wait to see you over in Q&P. Where are you now Library?

AFM-
Just laying low, the RE says no exercise, no sex, and no orgasms for now. Just watching movies this weekend. DP did a funny little dance for me yesterday to make me laugh, it was an improv booty dance.diaper.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 04-18-2011, 02:29 AM

10dpo today. Dp is really tired and getting a stitch in. Her side and having uterus cramping. Af isn't due until Saturday since she is pretty regular with a 14 day lp.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 04-18-2011, 10:01 AM

Smiling--It went well--I'm at 2DPO! Since I am not used to ICI it was much messier than normal! smile.gif I feel as though our timing was quite good, which makes me hopeful. We'll see! Yea for cookies! We made chocolate chip banana bread (with wheat germ) yesterday. Nothing like baking on a Sunday!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 04-18-2011, 10:11 AM

Happy Monday to all. It was a very busy weekend so I had a lot of catching up to do this AM.

Max: Thank you so much for sharing the photos. It is so amazing to see. I love the Super Hereos – especially WW (my childhood crush).  KMFX that they show great feats of strength!!

Sara & Qmama: Sorry for this months BFNs and big kudos for enthusiastically looking ahead!!

Wishing much patience and serenity to those in the 2WW.

Afm:  A little embarrassed I had to look up what a “wool soaker” was.  Hee hee. 

DW had a gig on Sat and started the new job today so much of the weekend seemed to be prep for one or the other.  We did get to go to a Baby Shower yesterday for a friend who has recently become a Foster Mom to a 14-month old.  So cool to have a shower where the baby is actually there and even better to see our friend so happy after wanting a child for many years.  

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

Old 04-18-2011, 10:22 AM

Hi guys: Excited for everyone and all that is going on. A little overwhelmed with life right now. Too much to do.

Max: I'm thinking of you often and keeping all body parts crossed!

Lisadea: yippe kay yay for ICI!

AFM: we're about to be back in the game starting tomorrow night. DP is so sweet and positive and hopeful. Our two KDs are supportive and prepped to give. Everything is lined up and I'm depressed to start again. I feel like a little kid who just wants to whine, throw a tantrum and say, "I don't wanna!" It's hitting me hard that my sister has her baby in about four weeks. I can't believe that she started TTCing AFTER me and has gotten pregnant and given birth before I can even really get pregnant.

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Old 04-18-2011, 11:33 AM

Max - Just wanted to let you know that after my transfer in December, my doctor called me to tell me the rest of my embryos were starting to fragment.  I thought for sure that was bad news, but I got pregnant that month with the ones he transferred, and I can only imagine they were fragmenting as well.  My miscarriage had nothing to do with the strength or viability of the fetus - I just got really sick (septic) and the baby couldn't survive that.  So don't give up hope on fragmented embryos!  Good luck!

Kgulbransen - I feel your pain about your sister.  My 22 y/o homeless heroin addict sister had a baby last year.  Long story.  I love my niece but it's hard every day to see how ill-equipped my sister is to take care of her, while DP and I are ready and well-equipped.  Sigh.

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

Old 04-18-2011, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi all!

Max--those are lovely embies! I hope at least one of them is settling in for a good long stay as I type!

AFM--I'm out. Blood test negative. Kind of depressed, but also expecting it. No more nasty pills for a few weeks, which is nice! Now I just have to wait for AF to show up, dust off my thermometer, fight with the sperm bank, and try not to be too upset. 2 more rounds and we're on to IVF--thinking about trying to do a donor cycle with DP at the same time and using one embie from each of us (if things go well). Anyone know what it would cost to just pay for the egg donation cycle out of pocket? I think my insurance would let me transfer her blast without a problem, but they definitely won't pay for both of us to stim at the same time. We're just getting to the point where if we have to do IVF it seems like it might be worth trying to give both of our eggs a shot at the same time.

I hope you're all having a better day--it's really crappy here. To match my mood.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM

Good morning ladies~ 

KristaLesboDoula (you should make that your car license plate...)~ Talk about mixed feelings!  It makes perfect sense, though, especially with your sister's baby being a factor. I think it's good you're getting back in the game, and we'll be excited for you until you come up and join us?  You're doing a brave and wonderful thing and I feel certain you'll be rewarded. xoxox

Max~ Always thinking about you!!  I'm  still chillin' at home in the timeless haze of babymooning, plum tuckered out and so so glad I don't have to go back to work until August!    My mom was here a lot last week, and my dad arrives tomorrow for a few days' visit. It'll be great to see him, but I have to say I like just being the three of us home alone.  How are you feeling? Symptoms yet? Booty dances are awesome. Glad you're practicing the laugh therapy.  Watch out for evil herbivores!!

Indigo~ I think the cramps are a perfectly awesome sign!!!  Are you two having amazing Scots fun and food?  Fried Mars bars!!!

Isa~ Biggest hugs.  Have as crappy a day as you need, then don't give up.  You will succeed xoxoxox

Sara~ You're not boring! Sometimes we need unexciting days. Besides: cookies!!  What's not exciting about that?  Tiny Alice is awesome~ thank you for asking. She sleeps all day and is up all night which can be mighty unpleasant, but I know it'll pass eventually, and that I'm lucky to have her and mustn't complain. She's pretty cute, which helps too.   

AFM~ Not much other than what I've said.  I try and do some bit of housework every day, and try and get in a nap if possible. Otherwise, it's just nice nice nice not to work and to stay home with my li'l family.   Thinking of you all, always xo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 04-18-2011, 12:16 PM

Max:  I love love love the names you gave to your embryos!  All of my fingers are crossed for you!  smile.gif

Gelly:  Hi, TWW buddy!  I'm 3dpo and feeling no symptoms, but I think the progesterone is making me feel a bit bloated and tired.  I won't test until 14dpo, which is Friday, 4/29.  I might get my beta that weekend, but of course won't get the result until that Monday.  I'm not a fan of waiting for the nurse to call with the beta results AT ALL.  I saw that you're planning to test earlier...do you prefer doing it that way? 

Krista:  Yep, I was in the same boat with a sister who started TTC way after we started and now has a 2 month old.  Now that the baby's here, I feel nothing but happiness for them, but I went through some hard times.  Hang in there and try to be positive as you start again!

Isa:  So sorry to hear about your BFN (but going off the progesterone is definitely the silver lining!).  I don't know much about the IVF process or how much it would cost with the way you're thinking of doing it...I bet others here have those answers though.

AFM, we had a quiet weekend although we did do some celebrating because I GOT THE GOOGLE JOB!  I'm really excited and I start next Monday.  It would be really, really good if I got my BFP with this cycle because I'll now be working in Mountain View, which is 45 minutes south of San Francisco (where my doctors, sperm bank and acupuncturist are).  So that's a tiny bit of worry that I'm trying to keep tamped down.  I know we'll work it out if we have to so I'm just trying to look forward to a nice commute on the Google shuttle and free food!  biggrinbounce.gif

Kelly (33) & Cole (30) married since 2008, TTC #1 since 2009

pos.gif on 5/2/11!  EDD is 1/3/12! 

Old 04-18-2011, 12:53 PM

KellySF:  Congratulations on the Google Job!!! That is awesome!  Can’t wait to hear about all the cool perks!

ISA:  We are starting the IVF process right now with DW as the egg donor (I will carry).  We did this to improve our chances (since DW is significantly younger).  I reviewed the numbers pretty carefully because my insurance will take care of 50% of all things having to do with me but 0% for DWs donation.  The stimulating drugs, retrieval and IVF lab drive a significant of the cost.  Of the ~$10k out-of-pocket total cost for IVF here, our out-of-pocket for her side of it will be ~$5.5-6k.  There might be some efficiency since you would both be stimulating (maybe in lab costs?).  Happy to dig up more specifics for you if you want. 

Old 04-18-2011, 01:14 PM

Library - we've had lots of yummy food! I have made dp about 4 lots of bacon butties, we had real chipper chips and fish and my mum has made Scottish stew, chili and Mac cheese. Ds1 and ds2 love the food over here! We've had lots of crisps and sweeties and ds1 loves quavers and maltesers. Dp has also had the infamous peppered steak.

Dp has also had a pretty constant dry cough since last week. She doesn't feel sick though. We'd think the cramps were a good sign but we have had a cycle with cramping and it turned ou t to be the fertility drugs and a bfn. Basically we speculate about the symptoms but know nothing is certain until the hpt shows that positive. smile.gif

4 more days!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 04-18-2011, 04:24 PM

lise: that sounds very promising! Fingers crossed girl! I like baking on sundays, its fun fun fun! 

alpha: thanks so much! good luck to you girls!

kgul: good luck to you ladies! Fingers crossed this is the last round of lots of insems!

isa: I'm so sorry about your BFN. wuhu for no more nasty pills though! Hang in there girl! hug2.gif

library: That sounds like bliss! I'll bet she's the cutest little peanut this side of the rainbow! Love hearing about her and her cuteness! She and silas getting ready for a play date sometime soon?!

Kelly: CONGRATS! What exactly will you be doing for google?! They I'm sure are a great company to work for! Free food sure is nice! Good luck on your TWW! 

Indigo: Will we get to see photos of your trip?! It sounds amazing! Hope these last 4 days go by quickly! 

AFM: Looking for the best place to order OPKs. Ordering sperm Friday! I'm on my 6th glass of water today and I feel like I'm still thirsty! Quiet house tonight. 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 04-18-2011, 05:05 PM

Sara, thanks for the link to the pattern. One more question if you don't mind....do you use 100% wool? I find it hard to find soft 100% wool at thrift stores. DD isn't talking very much but she is starting to say a lot more in the past week or so. She has been saying mama, mommy, hi, bye and baby for awhile  and is now starting to say lots of words 1/2 way - she'll often say the first syllable or first part...like "bir" for "bird". It's super cute. She also signs some too so it's getting fairly easy to communicate with her now! Very exciting :) Oh, and I order my opks from http://www.early-pregnancy-tests.com/. In fact, I'm waiting from a delivery from them in the next couple of days!

Krista, I felt very jaded about ttc right after my m/c. I almost felt resentful of "having" to do it even though I wanted to do it more than anything and did not have to do it by any means. It's such a weird mix of emotions. hug2.gif

Sorry about the bfn, isa :( I hope your day gets brighter.

Hi library! Yay for babymoons :)

Congrats on the google gig, kelly! Sounds exciting! What department will you be working in?

Indigo, really crossing my fingers for a bfp for you two !

Afm: CD14 and I'm on day 4 of high fertility according to the monitor, though I'm still fairly sure I'm not near O yet. I'm having some success at temping this cycle but not sure how accurate it will be. The temps do seem about the same as they have always been during my follicular phase. I have some more test sticks for the monitor and some pre-seed on the way in the mail. I love getting ttc supplies in the mail heh.

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Indigo- Keeping my fingers crossed that your DP gets a BFP! fingersx.gif

Lisedea
- Sounds like the insem went great! fingersx.gif

Alphahen- I am so glad you two enjoyed the baby shower, they can either have a positive or negative effect and I’m glad yours was positive! How is the stimulation going?

Krista- I’m sorry you are feeling depressed, I keep getting a little of that myself and I’m trying hard to stay positive.

5G- Thank you for the words of wisdom and for the good luck. We are keeping our fingers crossed! fingersx.gif

PrettyIsa- I’m so sorry you had a BFN. I am sending lots of hugs and good energy your way. goodvibes.gif As far as insurance goes, I guess it depends on who you have and where you do your IVF. Our IVF was about $10,000. Good luck, I hope with that side of it, I think in the end it’s all worth it. smile.gif

LibraryLady- I envy you staying at home!

KellySF- Congrats on the google job! I know many people who would be envious of you, me included. joy.gif

SmilingSara-
Good job on staying hydrated! I bought my cheap OPK sticks online, I can’t find the website but I see Amazon has some great deals, probably the same vendors.

Carmen- Glad to hear you are getting back into testing and it all looks good so far!

AFM-
It’s only 5DPO for me. I’m really trying to stay positive but I got a call from the RE today. The rest of the embryos didn’t change much from Day 3 to Day 5, they like to see at least four split cells by then so they “discarded” them. I feel really sorry the rest of the Justice League wasn’t frozen but I’m trying to let it go. I’m trying really hard to stay positive. fingersx.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

Old 04-18-2011, 08:49 PM

Kelly~ Congrats on your new job at Google! Yeah for you!!!  My RE has me doing a beta on 13dpo...which falls on April 25th. I just have to pee on at least one stick...and that will happen on Sunday...Easter!!! So hopefully we get our BFP on Easter! yeah!

Max~ Sorry that the rest of the justice league didn't make it...I'm keeping my fx that your BFP is burrowing in for a 9 month stay as we speak! I'm gonna test on Sunday...Easter! yeah!

Library~ Yeah for babymoons! Enjoy....and enjoy having your dad up to visit and meet his granddaughter!

Sara/Seraf~ Those soakers look so cute...I don't want to jinkx anything...I think once I'm pregnant I'll look more into diapering options. Thanks for sharing the info.

Isa~ So sorry about the BFN...greensad.gif.

Lesbodula~ Good luck with your insems...fx for you!!!

AFM~ 5dpo...taking progesterone and nothing much happening. I have had a little heart burn, but yeasterday I ate a really greasy cheeseburger, so that could be the culprit. I have also had a little cramping but since I have never been pregnant I don't know what implantation cramping feels like. I my mind I would think that the cramping would be more in the middle of the body, in the front...not on the left-hand side, but what do I know?!?

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 04-18-2011, 09:51 PM

Kelly-- Congats to you and DP! The job at Google sounds awesome!champagne.gifchampagne.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:34 AM

Gellybeangrl - while we always take symptoms with a pinch of salt, dp had pinchy cramping on her left side when we conceived ds2. Progesterone can cause all kinds of symptoms, uterine cramping being one. greensad.gif. Hopefully yours are for real!!!

I do know that clomid can also cause pregnancy symptoms, which is why we are discounting ours. we had 3 potential follicles which means natural progesterone and estrogen could be high - again a side effect of being on fertility drugs and not necessarily a symptom of pregnancy.

11dpo today. smile.gif

g

Old 04-19-2011, 04:58 AM

I'm still reading along, just no time to type.  

Max, this is your month.  Keep laughing, since it's good for the babes.

Carmen, I used lambswool, I don't worry too much since there is a diaper between baby and most of the wool, but I recently was told that merino wool, cashmere (sp?) and alpaca are all good options.  I got a couple of merino sweaters at the thrift store for 2 bucks each, just went through every single tag.  I'm planning to turn those into longies, since it would touch lots of skin.  We are  nearing the end of sweater season, which is why I was shopping for them so recently.  Tho sweater season will return before the gator is out.  Oh, another soft soft option, that you don't have to lanolize is fleece.  I used lots of fleece with the older kids because It's easy to find, easy to sew with, easy to wash and soft.  In the last few years I have developed a love affair with wool, so I am making some wool stuff for this one.  There will be fleece stuff too.  I've been collecting fleece as long as I've been TTC.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 04-19-2011, 10:57 AM

Krista:  I can completely understand the frustration you are feeling.  We have one sister who was(is) indifferent about having children and she ended up with two of her own and two more through remarriage!  They joked once that they were running a 2-for-1 special if we were interested.  I laughed along at the time but DW and I talked later about how much it stung.

Isa:  Yesterday, I neglected to say how sorry I am about the BFN.  

Indigoscot: All this talk of food is making me hungry!  Just a little bit longer ….

MaxK:  I am so sorry to hear about the remaining super heroes.  The ones inside you are what matter most and I have a good feeling about those guys and gal.

This particular shower was ok.  I don’t mean to sound discriminatory but it was a gay friend who has wanted a child for a lot longer than we have so it was actually encouraging to see her finally reach her goal.

Library:  I have to admit I am a little envious too – all that time at home.  It sounds like you are settling well into your routine and making the fullest of the time.  

Gellybeangrl: FX that symptoms are a good sign.

Carmen:  Good luck with the testing.  Temping can be so frustrating sometimes!

AFM:  Patience (ugh) and more patience.  Unfortunately, we decided to do IVF just after missing our window of opportunity for that month.  AF should show up for DW by end of this week.  Then the cycle starts.  She will be on birth control for a few weeks and then the shots should begin mid-May.  I guess you could say I am in the 6WW until then….

Old 04-19-2011, 11:25 AM

Kelly: Congrats on the Google job. I love their campus and all the cool perks. I've done some meetings down there over the years and always try to cram a bunch of free Odwalla juices into my purse.

Max: still praying for you! Sorry the Justice Team didn't do you Justice but it just takes one solid one to make it so I'm thinking it's already in you and ready to rock n' roll.

AFM: had my u/s today. One lead follie on the left at 21.5 and a lining of 12. When we got pregnant it was one lead follie at 19 on the left and a lining of 7 so I'm feeling more positive today. The donors come out of the woodwork tonight. Let the inseminations in the back seat begin and Lord help me that my dog doesn't step on my face this time. (DP insists we bring her because it's a "family field trip.")

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Old 04-19-2011, 12:18 PM

I'm home sick today with a cold so trying to limit my time on the computer, but wanted to say hi and thanks for all the kind words about my new job!  I'm joining Google's legal team, which I hope will lead to some serious job security since Google will probably never be out of litigation smile.gif

Gelly:  I think you said you were having some weird feelings on your left side.  Me too!  I'm only 4dpo but this morning I've had lots of twinges on the left, which is strange because both of my follies were on the right.  Weird.  I should probably chalk it up to the progesterone.  I hope you get your BFP on Easter!  That would be so cool!  And then a confirmation beta the next day :)

Krista:  Good luck tonight!  I love that your dog gets in on the action too, making it a true family affair lol.gif  Hope everything goes swimmingly; sounds like your follie and lining looked great!

Hi to everyone else!

Kelly (33) & Cole (30) married since 2008, TTC #1 since 2009

pos.gif on 5/2/11!  EDD is 1/3/12! 

Old 04-19-2011, 01:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Kelly—Hurray! Free food and a shuttle to work? That sounds like heaven!

Sara—how much are you trying to drink? Every time I try I get distracted and forget after a day or so…

Carmen—glad things are starting to smooth out in terms of your cycle matching your expectations. Are you trying this cycle? Or next?

Max—Positive! Hulk and Wonder Woman are having a great conversation in there—I imagine they’ll want to hang out for MONTHS just chatting away.

Gelly—that sounds like a good set of symptoms! FX!!

Indigo—FX for your DP, too! I hate the last few days of the wait. Hang in there!

Alpha—thanks! I’m ok—it’s just disappointing, yet again. But I’m feeling pretty chipper today—I think it’s not being on the progesterone. Apparently that stuff makes me sad and angry all the time. –sigh- I hope the 6WW goes by quickly!

Krista—good luck tonight! And I laughed about the family field trip. We have to have family couch time with ours every night or one of us gets distressed (sometimes it’s a human, sometimes it’s a hound). Hopefully your doggie will keep away from your face this time!

AFM—ordered the swim team for the next few rounds this afternoon—still waiting on AF, but she’s not scheduled until Thursday. Thanks for the info on IVF costs. I think we’re going to see me through to this first baby with my eggs regardless, and then for the next one we’ll re-evaluate and decide whether we want to pay to use DP’s eggs or just keep on with mine (assuming mine work, of course. If not, we’ll be on to hers once we figure that out). Hope you’re all having better weather than we have here in Chi!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 04-19-2011, 02:07 PM

Well shoot. I'm like a drive-by member :(

Partner never ovulated last month, so she was switched from clomid to femara. She had an ultrasound today (cd 12) and the nurse has let us know that partner has a follicle that looks ready to pop an egg today, but her endometrium is way too thin. We're waiting for a call from the doctor. This isn't looking like good news, though.

Old 04-19-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Gelly- Good to be cycle buddies with you. And much dust for an Easter Sunday BFP! dust.gif

Krista-
Good luck with the insem! Your numbers sound excellent! It makes me laugh to think of your previous story about your dog stepping on your face but I sure hope she doesn’t do it again! dust.gif

Maybeababy-
Sorry it doesn’t look good for this month but it I’m sure your month will come soon.

AFM- DP has been texting me jokes, which is really sweet. Still trying to stay positive! fingersx.gif

Old 04-19-2011, 05:39 PM

isa: I am trying to drink 8 glasses of water a day. I've been to the bathroom so many time, I cannot even try to count. I need to get 2 more glasses in before bed tonight. I think I can do it! 

Old 04-19-2011, 09:13 PM

Krista.. Baby dust to you on your insems the next few days!!!! Love that DP wants the dog to come along.. LOL made me laugh!!!

Fingers crossed for you MAX!! 

Kelley .. Feel better~~

AFU

Still waiting to O.. AF was late.. now O is late... DP is always always on time.. very regular and always O on day 13/14 ... today is day 14 and no signs of O... 

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

User Tag List