Mothering Forum banner

Queer and Pregnant: April, May, and June

35K views 755 replies 47 participants last post by  seraf 
#1 ·
joy.gif
Welcome queer and pregnant folks!
joy.gif

This is the list for April, May, and June.
If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

bellycast.gif
Pregnant
bellycast.gif

July 2011

pigirl, EDD July 21
MizYellow, EDD July 25
AmyPDX, EDD July/Aug?

JesseW, EDD July 26

August 2011
AmandaHope, EDD August 3

Kredmon, EDD August 6

Crunchybug, EDD August 8

October 2011

Cakahy, EDD October 1

Starling&Diesel, EDD October 6

julietea8, EDD October 12

Escher, EDD October 27

November 2011

DAWNMP1, EDD November 1

seraf, EDD November 8

Albafan15, EDD November 11

AprilGlynn, EDD November 12

December 2011

2ezforyou, EDD December 1

Indigo and DP, EDD December 31

January 2012

KellySF, EDD January 3

Want2BeMumX2, EDD January 8

February 2012

CrystalPerez, EDD February 3

March

AmyFemme and DP, EDD March 10

babyf.gif
Graduates
babyf.gif

Cejae: Emmerson and Parker, born 5/22/11

Painefaria: Keegan, born 5/23/11

Imogenlily: Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11

2HappyMamas: baby (name?), born 4/16/11

bttrflygypsy: Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11

LibraryLady: Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11

wehrli & jenmostoften: Silas Scott, born 4/4/11

gumshoegirl007: Addison Alexis RĂ©al, born 03/24/11

Beastie: Esther, born 3/13/11

Burg: Reed Kylie, born 02/05/11

korey: Baby girl T, born 01/30/11

Coco99: Chloe and Charlie, born 01/30/11

abeecharmer: Violet and Felicity, born 01/10/11

mtnlisa: Josie Anne, born 12/18/10

Kimlyn32: Kacey Elaine, born 12/13/10

erthe_mama & fsonj: Vida, born 11/23/10

Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10

quasar & smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10

Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: daughter, born 8/11/10
jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/2009.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/2009
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/2009
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/2009
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/2009
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/2009
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/2009
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/2009
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/2009
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/2009
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/2009
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/2009
Simcon: "G", born 12/28/2008
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/2008
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/2008
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/2008
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/2008
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/2008
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/2008
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/2008
mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/2008
kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/2008
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/2008
rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/2008
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/2008
thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/2008
mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/2008
msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/2008
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/2008
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/2008

candle.gif
Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon
candle.gif

RainbowValleyMama

baby.fatty

CrystalPerez

Jen
Snoopy13 (JD)
Lemurmommies
Miss Scarlett
Astropeep and FozzieBear
Milletpuff

Lisedea

kgulbransen

Fivegrandbaby

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

See less See more
#627 ·
Hi all!!

After hearing the baby's heartbeat yesterday I feel brave enough to join in over here! EDD 2/3/12. I am 6 weeks today and already starting to get morning sickness! My boobs are crazy sore all the time, but I am totally excited about it all! =]

Julie- Those kind of fights are the worst! I had a mc in March/April which was really hard on me and DP, so when I started spotting a week ago while DP was at work I didnt want to freak her out until I knew what was going on ( I of course freaked out and knew she would do the same). It ended up being a terrible decision because she got worried when she couldn't get ahold of me and called my dad (who we live with) to get ahold of me at midnight so they were both calling me. She was really hurt because I didn't tell her what was going on and felt like I was acting like the baby was only mine which led to bio mom, non bio mom fighting. Ugh, THE worst.

Ahope- Sounds like the baby turned around!!

#628 ·
NAK so forgive my typos!

Juliet~ BIGGEST HUGS! Sounds like a low point, but I'm glad you're sticking up for yourself and your little one x Those discussions are hard, and house repair is a huge stress too! Be strong and rant any time!!!

Seraf~ Thanks for the positive thoughts re breastfeeding. I too am glad I stuck it out. We're both the better for it.And I send my love to the sistahs who had to start work again! We had perfect timing with Alice for sure~ I don't work again until mid August!

Crystal~ Welcome! Hearing the heartbeat is amazing, isn't it? I can't wait to see what's next x

Escher~ News????!!!!

AFM~ Chillin in the a/c, Alice on my lap. She's laughing in her sleep So sweet!

#629 ·
Escher - You gonna post pics of your ultrasound?

Crystal, welcome back!

Went to the OB today. I had some hope, not any more. I'm ordering supplies to UP. They have all these rules (you MUST see all 8 docs in the practice, no choice in who will deliver you, etc), knew I was a breastfeeder just by looking at me (you can tell just by looking at a person), acted shocked about how "healthy" my diet is and then ordered $600 worth of labs to tell me stuff I already know. $80 for a drug test? Really? I can get one online for 10 bucks. A really nice one! I will pee in a cup all day, I'm not shy, but I don't want to spend a fortune on proving things I already know. What's the point? They also don't seem to see ultrasounds as optional. LOL. "They can't take care of your baby without one." Rawr rawr rawr. I think this rant needs to go find a whole different forum.

#630 ·
Hi Everyone,

Seraf: Ugh. That OB practice sounds awful. I'm sorry--I know you were hoping they would be a decent option. It's exciting that you're going to do an UP! It seems like you're ready for that. What supplies are you going to order for it? I should post ultrasound pictures (I'll have to scan them in at work), but I promise that they look like every other ultrasound picture you have ever seen.

Library: Alice laughing in her sleep sounds very sweet. I can't believe she is two months old already!

Crystal: Congratulations and welcome!
joy.gif

Julietea: What a hard few weeks! I hope you have less to worry about soon.
hug.gif

AmandaHope: I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your babe stays head down now! How was the shower?

AFM: The anatomy scan went beautifully. Phew! Everything looks healthy, and the babe is measuring right on or a couple of days ahead in every area. The tech and the doctor were very focused on measurements and on checking the heart and brain (as we would want them to be), but we did get to see a bit of cute swimming and waving and reaching for its foot. I am thrilled that the scan didn't show anything that would make us have to reconsider our birth plans. Hooray!
orngbiggrin.gif

#631 ·
Escher, they're all unique (little brother has an ultrasound pic with a big nose). This is your baby, so we would love to see pics. You could probably just take a pic of the image and post it if that's easier. I'm thrilled that you had a chance to see how healthy the baby is. Did you find out the sex? Do you plan to?

I am planning to buy a fetoscope. I won't be able to hear anything for a while, but Sara should be able to hear plenty in the very near future. I'm going to get some urine test strips to monitor myself for protein and keytones. I can't think of anything else I need. I have a bp cuff and all the other stuff I need to monitor myself. Need to call and verify that the kids' doc will take the new baby, too. She's pretty awesome about getting us in quickly for last minute stuff. She knows me and is comfortable with the choices I make. If I can't get in with her I'll see if the baby can go to my doc. She's pretty awesome, too, but harder to get into. Will need a couple of things for the birth, nose sucker, couple more blankets...? Will need to look at a list, haha.

Julie, I somehow missed you. Fights are no fun. Feeling like you weren't listened to is no fun, too. I personally would live in a house that had been poly-d a week before. But I did make Sara poly a floor not too long ago, because it is a lot to breathe. The bio-mom/non-bio-mom thing hasn't come up for us yet, thankfully. But I think it's just because I'm bossier all around and Sara is just so easy to get along with.

Picture of my baby. She's still a baby to me. For now.

IMG_1305.jpg?t=1307799961

Not a whole lot going on over here. Sara got to feel the baby kick last night. Sara would wait and wait and then as soon as she moved her hand the baby would kick. It was pretty funny but eventually she kicked Sara. The kids are now down with the name Riot. They've been calling her Riot all the time lately. Asking how big she is, we've weighed a few things to figure out what that means in real life. Last week she was as heavy as an iphone with it's case. She feels way bigger than that, but I suppose she's less dense. New fun is that the kids keep waking me up at 4 am with temperature problems. Too hot, too cold. Then I can't go back to sleep. Blah.

#632 ·
Escher~ SO GLAD all looked well!!That is a huge relief for sure, with some cuteness thrown in for good measure. Foot grabbing is excellent. It's amazing how much detail is on those u/s and then the printouts look so much blobbier! I'm glad your birth plan is intact too.

Seraf~ I love the idea of finding 'real life' equivalents for the baby's weight. Better than the veggies, eh? Your big baby's lovely too.

Busy Saturday. Having friends over , so I invited my mom over to hold Alice so I could do some house cleaning. DP's done a lot of cooking, which is yummy good! Hope everyone's having an excellent weekend xx

#633 ·
What a quiet day! Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weather. Here it's hot and threatening to storm. Baby is kicking up a storm at the moment. Can't think of much else. We are taking our sperm tank camping as it turns out. Need to finish the roof rack so we can fit something in the car with us besides tent and food. Hopefully, "you were conceived on a camping trip/at pride" makes a good enough story to make it happen.

I put a couple of videos of my kids up on chatty queers if anyone wants to see but doesn't read over there. It's just them going off the diving board, nothing that exciting (except to me).

My hand is much better, too. I think that's all the news from here to tomorrow. Yikes. I have a whole evening to myself. Not sure what to do with it yet. Maybe I'll learn to use my new serger.

#634 ·
Hey Everyone,,

We have finally decided to jump over to this thread.. I've been reading all the responses on the iphone but think it's about time to write to everyone.

A little bit about my DP and I because I have no idea how to put the signature at the bottom. lol

We've been together for nearly 6yrs. We live in Melbourne Australia, but my partner is New Zealand born. We have a beautiful home and really great jobs and are just loving the life we have. After wanting to start a family for such a long time, we finally decided to bite the bullet and gave it a crack. It took the second insemination to fall pregnant. It was all done with a donor and at home insemination. We were so happy in april to find out that we were expecting. I am now 10weeks. We had the first ultrasound at 8weeks because the doctor suspected twins.. Well that's exactly what we are having. To say that we are over the moon is an understatement... We were told at the scan that Twin A which is the bigger of the 2 has a small tear in the lining of the placenta but that it was only very minor and the doctor didn't seem too concerned. I have however switched to light duties at work now though, Has anyone else had this in previous pregnancies in the first trimester? Looking forward to next week when we get our 12week scan and get to see our little twins again.. can't wait.. I am growing every day it seems and they said it will be twice the rate of singleton pregnancies... looking forward to this amazing experience and getting to share it with everyone here.

So good to see some of the ppl who have graduated from the conceiving thread..

Sorry there's not any personals on here but i will definitely try next time.

Our estimated due date is 8/1/12...

p.s Crystal, i just wanted to say how happy we are for you and your partner. i was following you on the conceiving thread for quite awhile and was so happy to see that it's all working out for the best....xo

#635 ·
Crystal and Want2BMumx2: Congratulations and welcome (back, for you Crystal) to Q&P! I'm thrilled for you both and wish you easy and healthy pregnancies that end with peaceful births and happy babes.

Seraf: Glad to hear your hand is healing. And congrats on the UP decision. I hope it goes

Escher: Fantastic news about the scan! What wonderful, reassuring results. Congratulations.

Cejae: Thrilled to see on FB that Parker has come home! How are things going? How long until you think Emerson will join you?

AFM: I've had a lovely few days. The shower was so sweet and thoughtful and wonderful. And the past few days with my brother and his family (including my 4-month-old niece who is an advertisement for reproduction and her spunky 2-yr-old sister, who is adorable and spunky) were great. We went fishing with my parents on their boat today and caught two beautiful fish that we ate for dinner, along with veggies from my dad's garden. So everything has been fabulous, and I was packing to leave for Victoria tomorrow morning (so eager to see my BFF and her family) and realized with horror that I didn't pack out passports. I can't believe I did this. I'll blame it on pregnancy brain, since I'm rarely THIS flaky, but I'm really disappointed. My friend and her daughter might come here instead (will decide in the morning), but visiting them at their place in Victoria is such a pleasure, and I love her husband and son, too, but they can't leave for two days on no notice. Oh, well. Hopefully I'll get to see the two of them, anyway. Sigh. I feel like such an idiot! Yellow: I think that my afternoon of handstands in the pool yesterday did help the babe turn. She does go back and forth between vertical (hopefully head down--I think so!) and transverse, but I'm heartened that she isn't staying transverse all the time, and I do have time to encourage her to stay down.

Reactions: qmama42
#636 ·
Good morning ladies!

Ahope- so glad your shower went well! I hope that baby decides to stay head down for good soon! I can't imagine my little one having much room to turn at this point, however I AM 4ft 11 on a really tall day. Oh pregnancy brain, I bet you are very disappointed :( I am sure it will all work out.

Seraf- So looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend! I hope it stays cool, I am able to enjoy being out and about so much more when it is not 90 degrees! Looks like Sara will be inseminating fairly soon. Is there a point in your pregnancy where you guys will hold off?

wanttobe- Welcome!!! I bet you guys are so thrilled, I would have loved to had twins I think. I can't wait to hear all about those sweet developing peanuts!

Starling- just wanted to say I am so happy you are no longer vomiting everywhere.

Escher-I agree with Seraf- I would love to see an ultrasound pic! They all give me warm fuzzies even though they do look an awful lot alike:)

Library- I think 2 mos is one of my favorite stages. Sleep is easier, nursing is cake. They smile and move and are awake for more than 30 seconds. Awwww, we need pictures!

AFM: Nice weekend, super duper busy. Spent too much money at sprout soup which is our local natural baby store. I think that is how I nest. Chelsie cleans and I buy things
redface.gif
. So I guess that means I am totally nesting :) First mom in my July moms group popped Friday! That makes it pretty real! I have been really anxious about how it is all going to work out (mostly with work) and for the last couple of days I am feeling much more zen. Thank goodness! I am just so in love with this little boy and can't wait to see his sweet little hands and thighs and little butt!!!

#637 ·
sorry to say hello and then disappear...last week was a roller coaster of excitement and desolation.

after getting a bfp on 14dpo, i had my blood drawn twice on 15 and 17 dpo. i didn't hear back about the first results for two days (because a few nurses are missing at my re) and when i did hear, my first beta seemed low for 15dpo. my progesterone was 29, and my hcg was 56.3. i was expecting to hear a number in the 200's, and my worry was exacerbated by my breasts which had gone from super sore to not sore at all over the course of two days. waiting for the second results to come back, i knew i was no longer pregnant and was hardly holding it together. i broke down in the car on the way back from lunch with my dp, but when we arrived home the second numbers were in, hcg 289.4...so my doubling time was 20 hours. i was so relieved, but also just felt so crazy and not like myself. assuming this embryo becomes a real live baby, it will be my one and only pregnancy. so i really want to get my sh*t together and enjoy the whole experience. i wasn't expecting to be a worrisome pregnant woman, and i'm still struggling a little to trust that this is real even if i'm not feeling particularly pregnant all the time. anyone else have this experience?

amandahope: oh, i hope your friends make it down to your place. i miss my best canadian buddy (in edmonton for phd) desperately. just think, the next time you go to victoria you'll have your little one with you! does that help? enjoy your time on the west coast.

library: i love hearing your updates (and seeing alice as well) and i also love that alice keeps you so enthralled you're not always able to type and post! a sleep-laughing babe...doesn't get much better!

seraf: i think we would get on well in real life. when i told my dp about the name riot, she said it sounded just like what i'd name a baby if i didn't have her in my life. she loved it, as do i...but dp's a bit of a hippie-namer, so no Riot in our future. my favorite little person is named emiliano zapata...same intention, different execution.

escher: such great news about your scan. do you feel better after? what are your birth plans?

crystal: i'm so glad to hear everything is looking good for you! your edd is ten days before mine!

wave.gif
hello to everyone else. i'll be back to catch up and check in later...

#638 ·
Gosh, am I ever behind. Let's see if I can catch up.

Welcome back, Crystal! May your stay be a healthy and happy nine months long!

Welcome Rainbow! Great to see you here. What a roller coaster. I'm looking forward to your numbers doubling nicely and you easing into a peaceful and awesome pregnancy!

AmandaH ... How devastating to not be able to come up to Victoria to see your friend! I would've been so frustrated. By the by, had you gotten health insurance for your time in Canada? I wonder because I can't find any going the other way, as in going to the states after 30 weeks gestation. Just curious.

Library ... Sleep laughing has got to be one of life's best natural medicines. It makes me sigh with contented glee just thinking about it.

want2be ... Welcome to you too! Congratulations on your two little heartbeats!

Julie ... What a flooring nightmare. I hear ya on the panic. Sorry to hear that things have been a little rough. Here to some easy, mellow times coming up for you!

escher ... I am so thrilled to hear that the scan went so well. Hooray! Doesn't it make it seem so much more real?

cejae ... For those of us not on fb, let's hear a quick update and see some pics of your little ones!

Yellow, Thanks for the shout out about my nausea finally abating. I think it's been over a week now since I've monumentally barfed. Happy nesting ... sounds great! And so wonderful that you're so looking forward to meeting your little guy. I love that feeling!

Seraf ... Great videos of your little fish! That pool looks awesome. Knowing that you're opinionated, what's your take on future home-schooled kids being registered for standard preschool? I have a couple of friends doing this for various reasons, all of which are the usual arguments against home- or un-schooling (socializing, time away from family, routine, etc). Being that your kids are older, did you know anyone who did this and then went on to not register for standard bricks-and-mortar school or am I losing my future home-school/unschooling buddies? Feel free to PM me, although now that I've asked the question here, maybe other people would be interested in hearing your response.

AFM: 23 weeks and a few days and feeling rather exhausted lately. I'm going to go get some floradix and see if that helps. I've got another couple of weeks of work and then I'll be off for fifteen months or so. I can't wait! We're already being inundated be hand-me-downs for the baby, so I went through them today and sorted it all, along with weeding out dd's things and the maternity hand-me-downs that I won't be caught dead in and took it all to the Downtown Eastside to a program that supports low-income, high-risk mamas and their kids. It felt great to get rid of that stuff. We're pretty hard-core minimalists, but we gratefully accept hand-me-downs and then pass most of it on to that program. We did get a king-sized bed, which is likely going to be the only big purchase for this babe (other than another car seat), and we're loving that! Lot's of room for everyone!

#639 ·
Mumx2, twins! How exciting!

AmandaHope, can they be overnighted to you or something? That would be so disappointing. I hope something works out and the visit is salvaged.

Yellow, I'm not thinking yet of holding off at any certain point. I hope she just gets pregnant and we don't have to worry about it.

Rainbow, holy cow, not the kind of excitement you want. Stick baby stick.

Starling, Me? Opinionated? Whatever gives you that idea? I try soooooooooooooo hard to be polite or neutral in type. Homeschoolers who send their kids to preschool eh? I know some do and then keep their kids home in the long run. There is even a preschool around where I used to live that was considered to be THE place homeschoolers send their preschoolers. In our playgroup when the kids were wee, everyone was planning to homeschool. Then all but 2 sent their kids off to preschool. Out of all those kids, they are all in school. One family does years in and out of school as they see fit. So my experience says that preschool for a fence sitter will lead to full time school, but if you read over in the homeschooling forum, that's not always the case. I personally never saw the point, I felt like socailization was one of the big reasons I kept my kids home, because I don't think children can/should be socailized by 4 year olds. I prefer that they learn to be social in a much larger setting. That said, my kids are shy. I was painfully shy so it might have happened anyway, but they don't have that understanding that any adult who speaks to them feels like they have authority over them. I can't say it's a bad thing, just that it has made more than one social situation awkward. The shy thing is one of their biggest social differences. I am complimented on their behavior very frequently. I think that they act like humans because that's what they are exposed to. Hmm, I ramble in the mornings. If I was really concerned about losing all my homeschooling buddies, I might suggest a preschool co-op where, you meet, say, 2 days a week or 4 hours every morning and all the adults take turns running it 2 by 2 or something that makes sense with your numbers and lives. That way the social desires are met, the routine, the away from family stuff is all met but it's not a formal school setting that is going to be preparing the kids for full time school (they really pump it up generally). All that said, preschool is one of the few times school is fun, I can see the draw. Now to change the subject. Sara was going through many of our next baby boxes and found an excessive number size 2/4 of dora the explorer panties. Would you like them for your DD? If not, anyone else?

#640 ·
preschool is NOT always fun. (sorry to hijack and this is probably more suited to the chatty queers section). our sons have been in daycare at my company since they were wee - ds1 was 8 weeks, ds2 was 3 months. dp worked across the street (no longer since the layoff, waaah). the proximity factor was great, both boys were nursed past one year old etc...

up until ds1 moved to preschool he did great - the teachers loved him, we had no behaviour issues etc. preschool has been a disaster. the teacher is older - in her 60s - and the class is insanely heavily weighted boys. at one point out of 14 kids, only 3 girls. the teacher pegged ds1 as a troublemaker from the get-go. his 6 month parent / teacher conference was very negative but since we'd only had positive experiences there we thought she was having a bad day. WRONG! things got worse and neither the teacher nor the daycare management took the time or effort to talk to us about ANY of the issues until it was basically out of control. i think i did mention about the teacher who got fired because he manhandled ds1 in the playground? fast-forward to today and they are threatening to discontinue care for him.

yesterday we had a behavioural therapist observe the class. ds1 is gifted. the negative feedback/labelling him as a troublemaker/not allowing him to calm himself has resulted in his ability to self-calm being non existant. we are looking at ot and having the therapist in the classroom daily for a while to help him get back on an even keel. the therapist said the teacher is much of the cause of the issues - no surprise there - and unless she changes her attitude things may not improve. he does not have these issues at home - he's a boisterous 3-almost-4 year old but does not get out of control. daycare management has said they are committed to follow the therapist's plan but given our history we are not sure they will.

i'm not saying all preschool experiences are like that. but god forbid your child is a square peg and preschool is a round hole. they definitely cater to the herd mentality. if dp wasn't in the throes of awful morning sickness and unable to function we would have her quit work and stay home and take the boys out of daycare.

g

#641 ·
Seraf and indigo ... Thanks for chiming in! And no thanks to the underpants, Seraf. So far dd doesn't know who Dora is and I'd love to keep it that way for awhile. But thanks for the offer!

Indigo ... Have you checked out the gifted kids forum? Kind of catty over there for the most part, but sometimes there are gem posts in there that are quite relevant. I hope things smooth out for your boy! Sounds stressful.

#642 ·
So much action on the board! I've been reading along from time to time and now I actually have some time to type!!

Welcome to all of the newly pregnant gals
Welcome.gif
. Congrats and here's to happy, healthy and uncomplicated pregnancies.

MizYellow and AmandaMom - Who is next? It seems that your due dates are creeping up and that's so exciting. Yay for more babies!!!

Indigoscot - I'm so sorry about the crap you're dealing with at preschool. As a mom of two kids with exceptionalities, our lives are really about advocacy. We make the school administrators and teachers our best friends and try to work with them (or we steer them when needed) to get the supports and resources our kids needs. I'm sorry to say that this will likely be something you have to do for DS entire school career, until it's time to teach him to advocate for himself. Aside from being that advocate, we've always found that once the school realizes that there are parents who are present, involved and willing to work with them, they're a whole bunch more accommodating. Keep on following up with them to make sure your DS gets what he needs. It may be a pain in the ass, but it's totally worth it.

AFM - Addi's a little over 2.5 months now and she's a pretty awesome baby. Quite chill. She did inherit my patience (which is none) so when she's hungry you have pretty much no time to whip our your boob and sate her. She's now drooling up a storm, chewing on her little fists and laughing (well, she makes a laughing/smiling face but not any laughing noises yet). We just had a little bout of diarrhea which was like regressing to a newborn pooping schedule. Every diaper was a poopy one and that made for A LOT of diaper changes.

I'm totally enjoying motherhood in a new way and my mat leave. It's so much better this time around. DW totally appreciates what it takes to parent a baby and says she doesn't know how I do it. I say how could you want to go to work over hanging out with this wee one all day long ;) All in all, my life is pretty damn sweet right now. I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

And to ensure that this isn't only a text post, here's a recent pic of Addi.

DSC_0105.JPG

#643 ·
starling, i have "dabbled" over on the gifted forum and have had some pretty decent advice so far.

gumshoe, yes i have been told by a co-worker who has a gifted son that this will be our life now. i contacted our school county to formally request an evaluation by them so we are well prepared before he starts school in fall 2012. the therapy center we are working with want ds1 to attend their camp next week and we are rearranging schedules to make that happen, while still keeping ds2 at daycare. the therapist believes he is highly intelligent/gifted but his social/emotional skills are lagging behind. we are committed to do whatever it takes to help. :)

i myself have a high iq (no gifted programs back when i was in primary school) but any behavioural issues were either disciplined out of me (well, almost out of me) or i took myself out of any social environments and avoided it. i was the most painfully shy kid and the social aspect of school was always a BIG challenge to me. the thought that ds1 will have to deal with the same is a little distressing to me.

g

#645 ·
good afternoon, everyone

yellow: i can imagine a similar nesting split happening around these parts--my dp has a few pages of her sketchbook filled with all the things she wants to clean/organize/fix up before our babe is born (in 8 months!) must be increased a million times over when you're expecting anytime. what did you pick up at the local shop? i'm a sucker for the really good $5 and $10 sales that happene at hann.ah anders.son and ka.te quin.n from time to time.

starling: good to hear your nausea is letting up a bit, even though you're feeling so spent. in my experience the preschool/homeschool link is also impacted by what types of preschools are available as well as the variety of upper school choices. i'm not too familiar with schooling in vancouver, but i have definitely seen parents use local little waldorf and waldorf-inspired preschools and then still transition to homeschooling. at the same time, there are a handful of public and charter "alternative" schools in my town, so one could choose to send children to free waldorf/montessori/mixed-age hippie schools around these parts. i hope you aren't losing all of your buddies--and seraf's co-op idea sounds ideal.

indigo: i see burnt out teachers all the time and it is really so hard and frustrating. i hope you can find a balance between changing the system for the better, protecting your child, and finding something better if need be.

want2be: ooh, twins, congratulations! my dp is really hoping for twins since i had two mature follicles this cycle. did you have a feeling you were growing two?

gumshoe: fantastic to hear you'e loving your time with your babe--she looks lovely.

afm: taking off for the coast this evening to camp for a couple of days. my breasts have been pretty consistently sore and swollen for the past few days, a little more so in the evenings. dp and i were at the local home improvement store this morning to buy a big pot for a tomato plant for our friend's 87th birthday. i was wearing jeans and a loose sweatshirt material shirt, and almost every man we passed blatantly stared at my chest. dp was incredibly aggravated-- some kind of weird baby pheromone, breast milk craziness was happening. otherwise, i feel very normal.

i'm wondering, for those of you who had "morning sickness," when did you start feeling nauseous? it would be reassuring to be feeling queasy right now. and, did it start any particular way? my gag reflex was activated when i brushed my teeth last night, and i was sort of hoping it was a good sign
shy.gif

#646 ·
Hey all~ NAK but at least it's my right hand that's free!

2BMums~ Welcome and congratulations!!!! I can't wait to hear more about your twin experience!

AHope~ How irritating! At least the fishing trip sounds fun. And yay for head down babies!

Miz Yellow~ Not much longer now! You'll be pinching those little cheeks in no time!

Rainbow~Glad you're feeling more assured, despite the unwanted attention. It took me a long time to feel pregnant, so always be positive! And yes, Alice is enthralling!

Starling~ 15 months off!!! So wonderful! A new bed sounds wonderful too~ glad you're feeling better and can enjoy it.

Gumshoe~ WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BABY!!!!! Such lovely eyes. And it sounds like you're having an amazing experience. I'd forgotten how close our girls are in age. Alice is sucking on her fist too. I can even see two teeth on the way!

Indigo~ I'm sorry you're having so much ignunce with your son's school. It can be so exhausting. I hope they sort themselves out.

AFM~ Just chillin' with my best girls and getting a lot of reading done for my book award. A few recommendations:

Missed Her by Ivan Coyote~ The amusing musings of a Canadian butch.

Girl Unwrapped by Gabriela Goliger~ Toni's the daughter of Holocaust refugees growing up queer in 1960's Montreal. Her quest for love and a sense of herself will take her to from summer camp to Jerusalem.

Dakota by Brenda K Marshall~ Railroad politics and the struggle of everyday life for an "unconventional woman" in Dakota territory. This one reads a bit slow and chewy, but is good and might make a perfect 9th month when you don't want to get off the sofa anyway!

We're off to New Orleans for the ALA conference next week, making a two day road trip of it. Looking forward to book-nerdery an good food with friends. Alice is growing livelier every day~ I think she'll have fun too. 2 month doctor visit tomorrow~ can't wait to see how much she weighs.

Hope everyone is having a great day and staying cool!

#648 ·
Library ... Vote for Ivan! She's a friend of mine. Lovely pictures, thanks for sharing! Alice is dreamy. Positively dreamy.

Gumshoe ... AWESOME pic. Did you take it? Frame it! Print it out on high quality and frame it. Gorgeous. Lovely to hear that you're enjoying this new spin on being a mother.

Rainbow ... My nausea and m/s kicked in at about six weeks (so four weeks after our IVF, if that makes sense, due to back dating). If you do get m/s, then I hope it is tolerable and shortlived! Most women seem to move past it by the time the second trimester rolls around. With my first pregnancy I had it from six- to eleven- weeks, and then it stopped overnight. Not so this time! Barfed again this morning, but I'll take once a week over several times a day, for sure! Have fun camping! We're going to Saltspring Island in the beginning of July for a get-away. Can't wait!

#649 ·
such an amazing shot of Addi... love love love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumshoegirl007 View Post

So much action on the board! I've been reading along from time to time and now I actually have some time to type!!

Welcome to all of the newly pregnant gals
Welcome.gif
. Congrats and here's to happy, healthy and uncomplicated pregnancies.

MizYellow and AmandaMom - Who is next? It seems that your due dates are creeping up and that's so exciting. Yay for more babies!!!

Indigoscot - I'm so sorry about the crap you're dealing with at preschool. As a mom of two kids with exceptionalities, our lives are really about advocacy. We make the school administrators and teachers our best friends and try to work with them (or we steer them when needed) to get the supports and resources our kids needs. I'm sorry to say that this will likely be something you have to do for DS entire school career, until it's time to teach him to advocate for himself. Aside from being that advocate, we've always found that once the school realizes that there are parents who are present, involved and willing to work with them, they're a whole bunch more accommodating. Keep on following up with them to make sure your DS gets what he needs. It may be a pain in the ass, but it's totally worth it.

AFM - Addi's a little over 2.5 months now and she's a pretty awesome baby. Quite chill. She did inherit my patience (which is none) so when she's hungry you have pretty much no time to whip our your boob and sate her. She's now drooling up a storm, chewing on her little fists and laughing (well, she makes a laughing/smiling face but not any laughing noises yet). We just had a little bout of diarrhea which was like regressing to a newborn pooping schedule. Every diaper was a poopy one and that made for A LOT of diaper changes.

I'm totally enjoying motherhood in a new way and my mat leave. It's so much better this time around. DW totally appreciates what it takes to parent a baby and says she doesn't know how I do it. I say how could you want to go to work over hanging out with this wee one all day long ;) All in all, my life is pretty damn sweet right now. I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

And to ensure that this isn't only a text post, here's a recent pic of Addi.

DSC_0105.JPG

#651 ·
Indigo, that sounds miserable. It's also one of the reasons Osha isn't in school. I don't have the energy to fight like that. Can he go back to the toddler class? The school where I went had nothing for gifted kids, but I recently found out that anything 95h percentile and above is all it takes to be in the programs. So I guess I should have been. Lol. I wish I had had an advocate in school. My brother too. He was labeled a troublemaker for his stuff. I think his life would be very different had he been encouraged in the right direction.

Starling, I figured the Dora would be a turn off. I can't believe you're still puking.

Gumshoe, great pic. I'm glad you're loving it.

Rainbow. Have fun camping. I got morning sickness with ari around 6 weeks and I developed smell sensitivity around he same time with the other 2.

Library, thanks for he book recs and have fun in new Orleans! I haven't gotten to look at the pics yet but your NAKing skills are impressive.

Alex, I was going to ask you to introduce yourself but then I saw your other thread. You have an awesome due date! It's only a day away from my birthday. How is the adoption decision going? I could see that being a big lot to think about. Good luck with it all. How is the pregnancy treating you? Feeling like a cow yet? I ask a lot of questions, feel free to ignore me.

Life here is good. I have Sara's phone today because she is trying to get mine fixed. Means I can catch up here! I came out about the pregnancy yesterday to the guy I take care of. He was excited. Didn't even ask how my "man" feels about it. The baby is kicking up a storm. I started to be able to feel it when I'm standing up. I'm getting hungrier and starting to gain weight again. I guess I'm going to give the ob another chance. I'll ask which labs they really want and play the game a little bit to see how it goes. Heard on the news today that 40% of parents delay or skip vaccines. I had no idea the rate was so high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.