Queer and Pregnant: April, May, and June - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 06:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Good morning wonderful ones!  At least I think it's morning, it's still all a bit of a blur...  I'll give you the full saga at some point soon, but I just wanted to come back and say that baby Alice Meredith arrived last night at 10:40 after 22 hours of labor and 4 hours of pushing that pushed me to the limit.  DP is/was a super duper duper star during the whole experience and I would be lost without her in more ways that one. Alice hooked her hand under my pubic bone and just wouldn't budge, and while I did finally deliver naturally as I had wanted, apparently I said lots of amusing things like "I don't want any more contractions please".  Alice had to spend the night in the baby care nursery because she aspirated muconium, but will be back in the room with us in just a few minutes.  She has red hair just like I wanted, and amazing cinnamon colored eyes. 

Now I'm starving and need a shower.  At one point in the long labor I needed some strength and I thought of all of you (and wonderful ones still TTC) around my bed giving me all your energy and it really did help.  You are an amazing group of women and I'm so happy to have you as friends. xoxox

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#122 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 06:45 AM

LIBRARY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!  And yes it is morning.  :).  Thanks so much for sharing with us!  Can't wait to see pictures!  Now go bond with your wonderful new family!

Professional nerd, DP to Megan and mommy to 3 y/o Bam Bam . TTC since January '09.  Welcomed our new babes May 22, 2011. Now living life in the NICU one day at a time.
#123 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 06:53 AM

Hooray to LibraryLady!!!  Welcome to baby Alice.  I'm so glad she's here and you're doing okay.  Here's to food, a speedy recovery and good baby feeding vibes.  orngbiggrin.gif  Sending lots of love and energy your way.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#124 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 07:06 AM

Thread-crashing: yay Library! I am absolutely thrilled to hear the news. I was sending you good birthing vibes yesterday, hoping for a safe healthy entrance for baby Alice! Rest, eat and enjoy all of these first precious moments with your family!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#125 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 07:08 AM

Library!!!! Huge congrats to you and DP!! Good job! Welcome to the world Alice! Love her name BTW... love.it.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#126 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 07:23 AM

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif Congrats Library, and welcome baby Alice! Adorable name. We've all been thinking about you, so glad she's here and doing well. Get a shower, some rest, and post picts when you can. (And great job on April 8. winky.gif Hehehe!) Much love coming your way.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#127 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 07:26 AM

yay!!! welcome to the world alice!!  and congrats mommy and mum! :)  also thanks for having her before i take off for scotland. :D

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#128 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Congratulations, Library!! Her name is just perfect, and it sounds like she is, too! Can't wait to hear the longer version once you all get settled in at home!
joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#129 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 10:02 AM

Thread-Crashing: Congratulations Library! Amazing news, she sounds absolutely beautiful! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

TTC#1 since Sept, 2009; in heartbeat.gif w DP, + two young dogs. Started adoption process May 2011. adoptionheart-1.gif  Baby boy born on June 18, 2013 and placed with us.babyboy.gif

#130 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 10:09 AM

Hooray Library!!!!! Congratulations! Sounds like you were a rock star and I'm so happy you got the birth experience you wanted love.gif

Welcome to the world, Alice!!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#131 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 10:10 AM

Congrats and welcome baby Alice, such sweet name! Can't wait to see photos!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#132 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 10:50 AM

another thread crasher here

joy.gifFelicitations, Library! joy.gif I was thinking about you all day yesterday and sending you lots of good energy.  Welcome to the world, little Alice.  You're a very lucky girl to have such wonderful mommies who wanted you so very much. 

Looking forward to the pics and stories!

bisous to the new three-girl family!blowkiss.gif

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#133 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 11:28 AM

babygirl080411.jpg

Here's a sideways photo of Tiny Alice.  Thanks so much for all your love and good wishes.  Christie~ good call on April 8!!  We're so happy we're here.

Gumshoe~ I loved your birth story. I'll have mine soon enough.  Time to go squeeze her fat li'l cheeks again...

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#134 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 PM

Technically we're not crashing because we actually belong on this thread. We haven't found our way yet because DP is still ttc but for your new family Library we will make our first official post on this thread. Congratulations! Alice is a beautiful name and fits her well because she is also very beautiful.  We definitely have been thinking of you since the last post informing us of your water breaking. You , Alice, and DP have been the topic of our conversation since Thursday. Being totally honest we were a little worried about you guys until today. So proud to have been able to follow you on your journey these past few months and we know we have also found a great friend in you. Enjoy the new family!!!

Welcome.gifto the world Alice! (AKA Aspidistra hearts.gifto the rest of us)

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#135 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 12:15 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Welcome to the world, Alice Meredith

So glad to hear that you are all doing well.  Congratulations on!

And do you know what's funny?  Last night I was at one of my best friend's birthday parties ... she was born on April 8th and her name is Meredydd!  (Welsh spelling, pronounced 'Meredith').

My friend is a feisty, creative, funny, smart, independent woman ... so if Alice grows up to share her birth-day traits, all the better!

So awesome, Library, so awesome.

While I was at glow-in-the-dark bowling with a bunch of queers and their kids at Meredydd's party, I was thinking of you! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#136 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 12:56 PM

WELCOME ALICE! We share a bday too - April 8th :) !!!

She is so beautiful!!! Congrats to you and your partner - happy baby mooning and resting!

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#137 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 01:17 PM

Library! Congratulations! She is darling. love.gif

joy.gif Welcome to the world, Alice! joy.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#138 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 01:42 PM

Library - she is beautiful! Can't wait to see that red hair. I'm so glad you picked the name Alice, especially after that magical baby shower. Congrats to you all!

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#139 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 02:14 PM

Thread crashing~

CONGRATULATIONS clap.gif Library and DP! Welcome baby Alice babyf.gif !  Much love and peace to you all goodvibes.gif . Enjoy your babymoon!!!!

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#140 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 02:15 PM

Welcome to the world beautiful Alice!!!!!! Happy, healthy, exciting and, at times, peaceful babymoon to you all!

champagne.gif

Mama with my beautiful wife blowkiss.gifenjoying our new little love, R, born October 16, 2011.
#141 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 02:16 PM

not to steal Alice's thunder... she's gorgeous, BTW!

here are a couple of pics of Silas!

1 day old

5 days old

still working on his birth story... it may take a while wink1.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#142 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 02:31 PM

Wehrli - Look at that hair!!!! Oh, I just wanna squeeeeeeel. He's absolutely a handsome little mister!

Library - Ahhhhhh.....she's gorgeous! I love her cheeks!!! She's perfect!

Hope you two momma's are getting lots of rest and enjoying these moments.

Xoxoxo.

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#143 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 02:34 PM

Wehrli~ He is adorable... joy.gif !

All these cute babies with chubby cheeks!!! I wish that I lived closer so that I could get some cheek squeezing in.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#144 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 03:03 PM

Library, congratulations!  Welcome to the world, Alice!  (That was my grandmother's name, and my grandma was an awesome lady.  Nice choice!)  I look forward to reading your birth story.  :)

Mom to DS (3) and a new baby!  Geeked to be married to my love love.gif

#145 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 06:06 PM

Welcome baby Alice :) And huge congratulations to you, Library, and your DP. Your birth sounds really challenging and also inspiring.

Wehrli, Silas is adorable! I love his sleepy face!

It's been a while since I replied to this thread, so this is on the late side, but EZ, I'm really glad everything turned out to be okay.

Starling, I believe I've met Meredydd in passing/we had a superdyke correspondence some years ago. Small world, eh?

AFM, I'm starting to get antsy. I wish I could just have a healthy baby now. Not wish I could have a healthy baby now, as in, I'm going to the emergency room to demand an induction, just starting to get uncomfortable and missing my lung capacity of yore. I have a feeling the next 7 weeks are going to be humbling. Also, we had fantastic Ethiopian food with friends this afternoon, and earlier this week I spent some time in the sun on a patio drinking iced tea while friends drank beer. Warm weather has finally arrived here, and patios with friends are one of my favourite things, and a great distraction from third trimester discomfort.

#146 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 07:37 PM

Silas is beautiful,, LOVE his hair...

Alice is pretty.. love her little lips

Congrats on the beautiful babies

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#147 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Werhli ... What a scrumptious babe you have!  He's adorable!  Can't wait for more pics!  And I love his mohawk.  My daughter was born with a full head of black, black hair and by the time she was about six months old it had gone totally blond.  Now she has wavy blond hair halfway down her back.  I wonder what Silas's hair will do?

Imogen ... Oh, how superdyke can make an even teeny tiny queer world even smaller!  At the same party, my sister's new gf had dated one of the other women there (superdyke) and three of the couples (at least) had met on superdyke, and there were four others who had 'hooked' up in varying combinations via superdyke too. You and I probably pass each other on the Drive all the time and don't even know it!   Hey, did you see my question about whether the fb you have are smalls?  I drove all the way out to Maple Ridge and scored big time on a bunch of newborn and small fitteds and covers and a bunch of organic flats and wool longies.  But I'd still love some small fuzzi bunz because DP likes those the best and is a little chicken when it comes to flats origami and fitteds/covers, etc. 

library ... how are you settling in, hon?  Thinking of you and wee Alice and your dp.  A triumvirate of loveliness! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#148 of 756 Old 04-09-2011, 09:33 PM

LibraryLady, I meant to mention that for the longest time (until a day or two ago) I really thought you were going to name the baby Aspidistra.

Starling, I'll take a look at our diaper stash tomorrow and let you know. It's kind of a hodgepodge.

#149 of 756 Old 04-10-2011, 06:49 AM

Those are some good looking babies, LibraryLady and Wehrli.  Keep the photos coming!

My MIL and FIL left this morning after being here for a week, we have a jam packed day, and then my mother comes in tonight for three days.  The extra help has been nice, but I'm really peopled out and would just love some time for ourselves.  Will be back for personals and an update on the breastfeeding saga.  And, Seraf, everything you wrote earlier was right on the money.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#150 of 756 Old 04-10-2011, 07:25 AM

Library!  Yay for baby!  Excited to hear the story.  Pics are lovely.  How is the nursing going?

Wehrli, wonderful pictures and congratulations!  Interested to hear the story as well.  Nursing still going well?  Osha was born with a head full of black hair that grew out blond (with black tips, it was pretty cool) and now he has hair more than half way down his back.

Gumshoe, that is quite a story.  What is 4-1-1?  and contractionmaster?  Breastfeeding is going better, then?  I'm glad what I wrote was helpful, I don't like to step on toes, but I know how much easier it is to nurse than to do anything else.  Even if it's harder in the beginning.

Starling, LOL on being attentive.  I'm certainly not.  Self preserving, sure.  I think the easiest way to get into EC is the very obvious "poop face."  Baby is clearly pooping, so take baby potty.  Then when baby is "nursing like a jerk" (I know you know what I'm talking about, latch, pop off, latch, pop off) offer the potty.  LOL, only times that make life easier.  I don't really think EC is about keeping baby dry 24/7.  I mean, in my case it was, but generally, I think any catch is nice because it means less laundry or waste and reinforces where pee and poop go.  I have known too many kids who ask for a diaper to poop.  

Escher, how you doing?  Belly getting better?  Showing yet?  Feeling movement?  

2ez, there is no shame in being ignorant of things you have no experience with.  I only learned about homebirth and cloth diapers because a friend did it.  Baby led weaning didn't even have a name when my kids were little, but we still skipped purees.  Only learned about EC while researching potty training because I was a nanny starting with a kid who was starting potty training.  *shrug*  There are lots of things I have no clue about, and plenty more that simply don't interest me.  Mothering is a pretty cool place to learn about lots of natural parenting ideas.

MizYellow, am I reminding you of getting together the 29th this monday?  I had a hard time with my kids getting older.  I still call them both baby.  They still hold my hand in public and jump all over me for hugs.  I don't know if homeschooling has something to do with it, but they are utterly unconcerned with coolness and still head over heels for their parents.  A while ago Osha asked me if I wished they had stayed babies.  I honestly told him that I loved watching them learn new skills and suddenly express new thoughts and ideas.  The evolution of a baby into a toddler into a full on thinking child is amazing.  If my kids stayed little I would miss teaching them to ride bikes, fun new games, reading, writing, their cool little inventions.  Osha was prohibited from turning 8 recently.  I gave in on his birthday when he said I could withhold some other birthday.  So now he's not allowed to become a teen.

AFM, I think my Sara is pregnant.  She cried over chinese food yesterday.  We make quite a pair.  I have no patience still.  I don't have much going on with me.  May need to buy some new bras soon, I'm busting out.  Still having weird dreams (last night I was doing home health care for a talking severed head.  All his monster buddies came over and wackiness ensued.), still very sleepy.  Haven't gained anymore weight, Thank goodness.  I got down to 137 right before I got pregnant (which was within a pound of my pre-pregnancy weight with both kids) and I made it up to 144 before mellowing down to 142 (pre-diet weight), which seems to be sticking.  Every time I eat out I gain 2 or 3 pounds, which is not acceptable.  I have yet to make my first doctor appointment.  I know I ought to.  Never saw a doc while pregnant with the first 2.  Midwives all the way, but I am still having a hard time finding the local midwives.  There is some kind of pregnancy and birth fair in May, so I will find someone then if not before.  I have kicked around the idea of a UC, but I have to see a doc at least once because they changed the law in Ohio that you have to have "proof of pregnancy" to get a birth certificate.  I will probably see a midwife after one doc visit, tho.  (CNMs can't do homebirths in Ohio).  I'm out about my pregnancy at 1 job, but not the other.  Really nothing going on.  I think I'm starting to feel my fundus.  I felt it earlier with both kids, I think the extra padding is in the way.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page