Mothering Forum banner

Queer and Pregnant: April, May, and June

35K views 755 replies 47 participants last post by  seraf 
#1 ·
joy.gif
Welcome queer and pregnant folks!
joy.gif

This is the list for April, May, and June.
If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

bellycast.gif
Pregnant
bellycast.gif

July 2011

pigirl, EDD July 21
MizYellow, EDD July 25
AmyPDX, EDD July/Aug?

JesseW, EDD July 26

August 2011
AmandaHope, EDD August 3

Kredmon, EDD August 6

Crunchybug, EDD August 8

October 2011

Cakahy, EDD October 1

Starling&Diesel, EDD October 6

julietea8, EDD October 12

Escher, EDD October 27

November 2011

DAWNMP1, EDD November 1

seraf, EDD November 8

Albafan15, EDD November 11

AprilGlynn, EDD November 12

December 2011

2ezforyou, EDD December 1

Indigo and DP, EDD December 31

January 2012

KellySF, EDD January 3

Want2BeMumX2, EDD January 8

February 2012

CrystalPerez, EDD February 3

March

AmyFemme and DP, EDD March 10

babyf.gif
Graduates
babyf.gif

Cejae: Emmerson and Parker, born 5/22/11

Painefaria: Keegan, born 5/23/11

Imogenlily: Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11

2HappyMamas: baby (name?), born 4/16/11

bttrflygypsy: Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11

LibraryLady: Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11

wehrli & jenmostoften: Silas Scott, born 4/4/11

gumshoegirl007: Addison Alexis RĂ©al, born 03/24/11

Beastie: Esther, born 3/13/11

Burg: Reed Kylie, born 02/05/11

korey: Baby girl T, born 01/30/11

Coco99: Chloe and Charlie, born 01/30/11

abeecharmer: Violet and Felicity, born 01/10/11

mtnlisa: Josie Anne, born 12/18/10

Kimlyn32: Kacey Elaine, born 12/13/10

erthe_mama & fsonj: Vida, born 11/23/10

Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10

quasar & smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10

Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: daughter, born 8/11/10
jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/2009.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/2009
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/2009
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/2009
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/2009
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/2009
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/2009
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/2009
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/2009
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/2009
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/2009
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/2009
Simcon: "G", born 12/28/2008
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/2008
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/2008
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/2008
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/2008
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/2008
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/2008
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/2008
mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/2008
kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/2008
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/2008
rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/2008
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/2008
thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/2008
mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/2008
msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/2008
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/2008
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/2008

candle.gif
Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon
candle.gif

RainbowValleyMama

baby.fatty

CrystalPerez

Jen
Snoopy13 (JD)
Lemurmommies
Miss Scarlett
Astropeep and FozzieBear
Milletpuff

Lisedea

kgulbransen

Fivegrandbaby

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

See less See more
#132 ·
another thread crasher here

joy.gif
Felicitations, Library!
joy.gif
I was thinking about you all day yesterday and sending you lots of good energy. Welcome to the world, little Alice. You're a very lucky girl to have such wonderful mommies who wanted you so very much.

Looking forward to the pics and stories!

bisous to the new three-girl family!
blowkiss.gif

#133 ·
babygirl080411.jpg

Here's a sideways photo of Tiny Alice. Thanks so much for all your love and good wishes. Christie~ good call on April 8!! We're so happy we're here.

Gumshoe~ I loved your birth story. I'll have mine soon enough. Time to go squeeze her fat li'l cheeks again...

#134 ·
Technically we're not crashing because we actually belong on this thread. We haven't found our way yet because DP is still ttc but for your new family Library we will make our first official post on this thread. Congratulations! Alice is a beautiful name and fits her well because she is also very beautiful. We definitely have been thinking of you since the last post informing us of your water breaking. You , Alice, and DP have been the topic of our conversation since Thursday. Being totally honest we were a little worried about you guys until today. So proud to have been able to follow you on your journey these past few months and we know we have also found a great friend in you. Enjoy the new family!!!

Welcome.gif
to the world Alice! (AKA Aspidistra
hearts.gif
to the rest of us)

#135 ·
Welcome to the world, Alice Meredith!

So glad to hear that you are all doing well. Congratulations on!

And do you know what's funny? Last night I was at one of my best friend's birthday parties ... she was born on April 8th and her name is Meredydd! (Welsh spelling, pronounced 'Meredith').

My friend is a feisty, creative, funny, smart, independent woman ... so if Alice grows up to share her birth-day traits, all the better!

So awesome, Library, so awesome.

While I was at glow-in-the-dark bowling with a bunch of queers and their kids at Meredydd's party, I was thinking of you!

#139 ·
Thread crashing~

CONGRATULATIONS
clap.gif
Library and DP! Welcome baby Alice
babyf.gif
! Much love and peace to you all
goodvibes.gif
. Enjoy your babymoon!!!!

#142 ·
Wehrli - Look at that hair!!!! Oh, I just wanna squeeeeeeel. He's absolutely a handsome little mister!

Library - Ahhhhhh.....she's gorgeous! I love her cheeks!!! She's perfect!

Hope you two momma's are getting lots of rest and enjoying these moments.

Xoxoxo.

#143 ·
Wehrli~ He is adorable...
joy.gif
!

All these cute babies with chubby cheeks!!! I wish that I lived closer so that I could get some cheek squeezing in.

#145 ·
Welcome baby Alice :) And huge congratulations to you, Library, and your DP. Your birth sounds really challenging and also inspiring.

Wehrli, Silas is adorable! I love his sleepy face!

It's been a while since I replied to this thread, so this is on the late side, but EZ, I'm really glad everything turned out to be okay.

Starling, I believe I've met Meredydd in passing/we had a superdyke correspondence some years ago. Small world, eh?

AFM, I'm starting to get antsy. I wish I could just have a healthy baby now. Not wish I could have a healthy baby now, as in, I'm going to the emergency room to demand an induction, just starting to get uncomfortable and missing my lung capacity of yore. I have a feeling the next 7 weeks are going to be humbling. Also, we had fantastic Ethiopian food with friends this afternoon, and earlier this week I spent some time in the sun on a patio drinking iced tea while friends drank beer. Warm weather has finally arrived here, and patios with friends are one of my favourite things, and a great distraction from third trimester discomfort.

#147 ·
Werhli ... What a scrumptious babe you have! He's adorable! Can't wait for more pics! And I love his mohawk. My daughter was born with a full head of black, black hair and by the time she was about six months old it had gone totally blond. Now she has wavy blond hair halfway down her back. I wonder what Silas's hair will do?

Imogen ... Oh, how superdyke can make an even teeny tiny queer world even smaller! At the same party, my sister's new gf had dated one of the other women there (superdyke) and three of the couples (at least) had met on superdyke, and there were four others who had 'hooked' up in varying combinations via superdyke too. You and I probably pass each other on the Drive all the time and don't even know it! Hey, did you see my question about whether the fb you have are smalls? I drove all the way out to Maple Ridge and scored big time on a bunch of newborn and small fitteds and covers and a bunch of organic flats and wool longies. But I'd still love some small fuzzi bunz because DP likes those the best and is a little chicken when it comes to flats origami and fitteds/covers, etc.

library ... how are you settling in, hon? Thinking of you and wee Alice and your dp. A triumvirate of loveliness!

#149 ·
Those are some good looking babies, LibraryLady and Wehrli. Keep the photos coming!

My MIL and FIL left this morning after being here for a week, we have a jam packed day, and then my mother comes in tonight for three days. The extra help has been nice, but I'm really peopled out and would just love some time for ourselves. Will be back for personals and an update on the breastfeeding saga. And, Seraf, everything you wrote earlier was right on the money.

#150 ·
Library! Yay for baby! Excited to hear the story. Pics are lovely. How is the nursing going?

Wehrli, wonderful pictures and congratulations! Interested to hear the story as well. Nursing still going well? Osha was born with a head full of black hair that grew out blond (with black tips, it was pretty cool) and now he has hair more than half way down his back.

Gumshoe, that is quite a story. What is 4-1-1? and contractionmaster? Breastfeeding is going better, then? I'm glad what I wrote was helpful, I don't like to step on toes, but I know how much easier it is to nurse than to do anything else. Even if it's harder in the beginning.

Starling, LOL on being attentive. I'm certainly not. Self preserving, sure. I think the easiest way to get into EC is the very obvious "poop face." Baby is clearly pooping, so take baby potty. Then when baby is "nursing like a jerk" (I know you know what I'm talking about, latch, pop off, latch, pop off) offer the potty. LOL, only times that make life easier. I don't really think EC is about keeping baby dry 24/7. I mean, in my case it was, but generally, I think any catch is nice because it means less laundry or waste and reinforces where pee and poop go. I have known too many kids who ask for a diaper to poop.

Escher, how you doing? Belly getting better? Showing yet? Feeling movement?

2ez, there is no shame in being ignorant of things you have no experience with. I only learned about homebirth and cloth diapers because a friend did it. Baby led weaning didn't even have a name when my kids were little, but we still skipped purees. Only learned about EC while researching potty training because I was a nanny starting with a kid who was starting potty training. *shrug* There are lots of things I have no clue about, and plenty more that simply don't interest me. Mothering is a pretty cool place to learn about lots of natural parenting ideas.

MizYellow, am I reminding you of getting together the 29th this monday? I had a hard time with my kids getting older. I still call them both baby. They still hold my hand in public and jump all over me for hugs. I don't know if homeschooling has something to do with it, but they are utterly unconcerned with coolness and still head over heels for their parents. A while ago Osha asked me if I wished they had stayed babies. I honestly told him that I loved watching them learn new skills and suddenly express new thoughts and ideas. The evolution of a baby into a toddler into a full on thinking child is amazing. If my kids stayed little I would miss teaching them to ride bikes, fun new games, reading, writing, their cool little inventions. Osha was prohibited from turning 8 recently. I gave in on his birthday when he said I could withhold some other birthday. So now he's not allowed to become a teen.

AFM, I think my Sara is pregnant. She cried over chinese food yesterday. We make quite a pair. I have no patience still. I don't have much going on with me. May need to buy some new bras soon, I'm busting out. Still having weird dreams (last night I was doing home health care for a talking severed head. All his monster buddies came over and wackiness ensued.), still very sleepy. Haven't gained anymore weight, Thank goodness. I got down to 137 right before I got pregnant (which was within a pound of my pre-pregnancy weight with both kids) and I made it up to 144 before mellowing down to 142 (pre-diet weight), which seems to be sticking. Every time I eat out I gain 2 or 3 pounds, which is not acceptable. I have yet to make my first doctor appointment. I know I ought to. Never saw a doc while pregnant with the first 2. Midwives all the way, but I am still having a hard time finding the local midwives. There is some kind of pregnancy and birth fair in May, so I will find someone then if not before. I have kicked around the idea of a UC, but I have to see a doc at least once because they changed the law in Ohio that you have to have "proof of pregnancy" to get a birth certificate. I will probably see a midwife after one doc visit, tho. (CNMs can't do homebirths in Ohio). I'm out about my pregnancy at 1 job, but not the other. Really nothing going on. I think I'm starting to feel my fundus. I felt it earlier with both kids, I think the extra padding is in the way.

#151 ·
I'm in travel mode today (happy to be heading home after a great week connecting with many of the most important people in my lives) but wanted to stop in to say...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! to Library and WELCOME to Alice! Love the name (the whole thing!) and can't wait to hear more about the story when the time is right. I'm just thrilled that you and DP finally have your babe in your arms, and I hope you are having an easy transition to being a family of three.
flowersforyou.gif
Her cheeks in the pic you posted are fantastic!

And...Wehrli, Silas is adorable and handsome and beautiful. In his pic with the hoodie, he already looks like a baby, hardly a newborn at all. The awesome hair is probably part of it. Anyway, I hope you are getting settled at home and continuing to heal well from the C.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.