Mothering Forum banner

Queer and Pregnant: April, May, and June

35K views 755 replies 47 participants last post by  seraf 
#1 ·
joy.gif
Welcome queer and pregnant folks!
joy.gif

This is the list for April, May, and June.
If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

bellycast.gif
Pregnant
bellycast.gif

July 2011

pigirl, EDD July 21
MizYellow, EDD July 25
AmyPDX, EDD July/Aug?

JesseW, EDD July 26

August 2011
AmandaHope, EDD August 3

Kredmon, EDD August 6

Crunchybug, EDD August 8

October 2011

Cakahy, EDD October 1

Starling&Diesel, EDD October 6

julietea8, EDD October 12

Escher, EDD October 27

November 2011

DAWNMP1, EDD November 1

seraf, EDD November 8

Albafan15, EDD November 11

AprilGlynn, EDD November 12

December 2011

2ezforyou, EDD December 1

Indigo and DP, EDD December 31

January 2012

KellySF, EDD January 3

Want2BeMumX2, EDD January 8

February 2012

CrystalPerez, EDD February 3

March

AmyFemme and DP, EDD March 10

babyf.gif
Graduates
babyf.gif

Cejae: Emmerson and Parker, born 5/22/11

Painefaria: Keegan, born 5/23/11

Imogenlily: Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11

2HappyMamas: baby (name?), born 4/16/11

bttrflygypsy: Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11

LibraryLady: Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11

wehrli & jenmostoften: Silas Scott, born 4/4/11

gumshoegirl007: Addison Alexis Réal, born 03/24/11

Beastie: Esther, born 3/13/11

Burg: Reed Kylie, born 02/05/11

korey: Baby girl T, born 01/30/11

Coco99: Chloe and Charlie, born 01/30/11

abeecharmer: Violet and Felicity, born 01/10/11

mtnlisa: Josie Anne, born 12/18/10

Kimlyn32: Kacey Elaine, born 12/13/10

erthe_mama & fsonj: Vida, born 11/23/10

Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10

quasar & smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10

Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: daughter, born 8/11/10
jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/2009.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/2009
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/2009
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/2009
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/2009
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/2009
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/2009
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/2009
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/2009
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/2009
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/2009
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/2009
Simcon: "G", born 12/28/2008
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/2008
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/2008
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/2008
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/2008
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/2008
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/2008
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/2008
mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/2008
kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/2008
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/2008
rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/2008
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/2008
thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/2008
mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/2008
msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/2008
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/2008
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/2008

candle.gif
Recovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon
candle.gif

RainbowValleyMama

baby.fatty

CrystalPerez

Jen
Snoopy13 (JD)
Lemurmommies
Miss Scarlett
Astropeep and FozzieBear
Milletpuff

Lisedea

kgulbransen

Fivegrandbaby

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

See less See more
#4 ·
Quick update upon my return from the doctors -

Mastitis. Check.

UTI? Possible.

Antibiotic for both mastitis and UTI prescribed. No concern about the retention of conception products right now.

Now this is the kicker...are you ready???? The doctor says to me, "Have you had your appendix out?" Um, no. Yup. They think I may have appendicitis. And the earliest an ultrasound can be scheduled is Monday. So, I'm on appendix watch. This is just so funny that I have to laugh.

#6 ·
Gumshoe: Appendicitis?! UGH! Just what you want to deal with after just having had a baby. But you sound surprisingly sane, so I hope the antibiotics clear up the mastitis and possible UTI and that your appendix behaves itself until Monday at least. I'll be thinking of you over the weekend.

Wehrli: Happy EDD Day! How are you hanging in?

Library: Frustrating news about the curtain liner! And just when you thought they were done! I bet they'll look great, though, when they're done. We're hanging valences today. We'll need some new blinds at some point, but it doesn't all have to get done this weekend (despite my mom's inclinations)!

Starling: Dog crap. Jeez. You are a serious trooper.

#7 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thanks to everyone for responding about the nuchal translucency screening. My wife and I had been feeling like we weren't going to get it (for all the same reasons that you all have mentioned--there is unlikely to be an issue, the test has an extremely high false positive rate, and we don't think it would change what we would do anyway), but it was great to hear what other people decided.

Wehrli: Happy EDD! Even though I know you probably would rather already be holding your baby, I feel so happy for you that you made it all the way here! It feels like such a milestone! Hooray! Congratulations!
orngbiggrin.gif

Gumshoe: Oh my gosh! I hope the antibiotic clears everything up right away. What an adventure!

2moms3kids: This is your c-section day (at least according to the list)! I hope it is going well!

Julietea: It's exciting that you've made it to 12 weeks!

Library: I hope your good weather stays around so you can get that taco!

Mizyellow: Five pounds in one day is impressive! It must have been good food!
orngbiggrin.gif

Amy: It's so fun that your little guy is kicking and wiggling so much now!

Painefaria: I'm so glad that things continue to go smoothly for you. Not too long now until you get to meet your babe!

AmandaHope: It sounds like you're going to have a great trip. I hope you have lots of fun with your BFF!

Seraf: Packing enough food for 16 hours sounds like a real challenge. I'm not still off wheat or dairy, and I'm even eating sugar these days (which I had been happily avoiding for over a year). I just can't find very much that I'm able/willing to eat these days, so I'll eat anything that works. I wouldn't say I'm digging any foods (food in general still sounds disgusting to me), but I am eating oatmeal with applesauce, yogurt and granola, strawberries, kumquats, small amounts of plain romaine lettuce, rice, and bagels with cream cheese. In other words, my diet totally sucks these days, and I am really hoping that my body still has reserves of nutrients from all the great (healthy, green) food I used to eat. I know the baby is the perfect parasite, but I hope it has something to suck from my body! Injera (the Ethiopian bread) sounds good--nice and sour. Maybe I should buy some of that soon. I'm glad that so far your morning sickness isn't too bad!

AFM: I cannot keep up with Q&C, and I feel guilty about that. There are people on there who I care about and want to support, but it just isn't happening regularly for me right now. I know some of you pop in occasionally, some of you post there a lot, and some not at all. How did you decide how best to support our friends at Q&C?

#8 ·
AmandaHope, thanks for the shiny new thread. I agree, how about a belly pic?

Wehrli, enjoying every day as tho it may be your last grown up day?

Gumshoe, are you taking grape seed extract? Its an anti-inflammatory and has assisted me through mastitis many many many times (ok, the last 11 of the 12 times I had it. HAHA, I don't recommend nipple piercings). I sing it's praises.

Escher, I can't keep up either. I read over there because Sara is trying, but I can love and support her from here. I really didn't make a conscious choice, I just don't feel like I have much to contribute over there. I pretty much only want carbs now, too. mmmmm injera.

Library, now I need to look up a recipe for an Indian taco.

Not a whole lot going on over here. Fed the freezer with potato soup, pizza, naan, ******* rolls (because I tried to make bacon butties, but they turned out tiny. Tasty but tiny), and waffles. Health food if I ever had health food! Riiiiiiiiight.

#9 ·
Gumshoe~ Are you serious?! WTF?!?!?! I'm glad they're monitoring you and sure hope you don't have to have your appendix out. But again I say WTF!? If it rains it pours, apparently. And soon you'll have a yeast infection from all the antibiotics. Nice.

Wehrli~ Happy Due Date! I'm sure the kiddo will be here by midnight, right? :)

AHope~ Still working on the curtains. Trying to fix this last one without getting a divorce. Srsly, my perfectionist slightly-control-freaky woman is about to drive me nuts!!! Should have it ready for photographs by tomorrow, but I keep saying that, don't I?

Escher~ Good point. I still like a lot of the people on QC and want to be supportive, but am sometimes feeling obligated and like I haven't the proper amount of time. I too would like to hear the suggestions.

Seraf~ Your freezer stock sounds yummy!!! Well done! Though I am wishing for injera now. Mmmmm...

In other news, my Indian Taco was awesome AND served to my by sexy roller derby girls. WIN!!!

#10 ·
Library, dang curtains!

Seraf, mmmm...bacon buddies...

About keeping up with Q TTC... I try, I skim mostly nowadays, so many new faces! No offense to them but I just don't have the energy lately. I have started to "follow" a couple of members, thinking I'd get updates on when they post but I'm not so sure it's working the way I'd like it to. It's just that there are a few gals that I'd hate to miss their good news or offer support if they need it. So I guess I'll continue to skim and read when I have more time. And I'm only going to have less time once the babe is FINALLY here.

#11 ·
Same here for the QueerConceptions...

I wish I read more becauso sometimes, a question creeps up that I know I can answer... but I cant follow !

Perhaps it should be suggested that when they have questions that they wish everyone would read (meaning not only the ones ttc) they could make a seperate thread for the question ?

Coco

#12 ·
that's not a bad idea, coco!

library, they seem to know you best... what do you think? do you want to suggest such a thing to them? or maybe seraf? or escher? i feel like the newbies don't really know me and i don't really want to step on any toes...

#13 ·
Hey everyone.

Happy Saturday from Lake Tahoe. DW and I took off for a weekend in the mountains. It's to beautiful here today... sunshine, snow, not a lot of crowds. She's on the mountain, and I'm having a bit of relaxing coffee shop time. I dropped snowboarding for the season . . . although I've improved in past years, I still land on my butt (or my head) from time to time and I thought I'd rather not while knocked up. Just don't get to sit around in cafes like I used to. I'm really enjoying reading everyone's news...

Gumshoe: How crazy is that? I'm hoping for a mild issue and easy fix... not appendicitis.

Wehrli: Hope you're feeling well! I'm showing at 12 weeks... though I didn't start with the smallest belly... but now it's a hard round bubble. DW is wondering how big it's going to get by October if it's this size now and I showed her your pics saying "I want a beautiful belly just like that!" :)

Escher: Hard screening decisions. Sorry to be chiming in late on this, but you do have a high likelihood of health--95 to 99 percent depending on the potential problem and your circumstances. Also, when we looked into this it became really clear that nuchal was just a screening with probability results. We have an acquaintance that had the blood tests and nuchal with clear results and a problem went undetected at birth. They said they'd rather have been more prepared for any outcome. Instead they felt so positive that all was well and it was a shock.

2moms3kids: Hope all went very well!

Seref: Yes, injera ... that's exactly what I need. Carb and a little sour!

Library: Good luck with the curtains. I got a sewing machine for Christmas, and my first project was curtains for our dining nook. Last I'd sewn was in junior high, so I was 25 years rusty, but curtains can be forgiving. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

AmandaHope: Have a good trip!

2EZ: You got a lot of great information on midwives. The only thing I'll add is that a health savings account can be a good thing to help pay for their services. I've heard of a lot of success getting partial insurance coverage. But, my piece of crap PPO doesn't allow for any out of network coverage. We've got money amount routed to our HSA so we'll use that an save 30 percent on the whopping $5K our wonderful and worth it midwives charge. Could be useful for those with HMOs too.

Starling: I didn't catch the dog crap post, but good luck with that.

We got some exciting news this weekend . . . we've got a daughter on the way. She's healthy and we're healthy and super grateful.
hearts.gif

Take care, all.

#14 ·
Hey ladies~ Lazy day. Certainly nothing so exciting as Lake Tahoe! DP and I did go and get pedicures, though. I'd never had it done professionally, and while it felt a bit silly to have someone else cutting my toenails, lord knows I can't do that for myself any more! And now they're perfectly polished and have a little flower on the big toe and everything, so I feel so fancy and ready for the baby.

Juliet~ Congratulations on your little girl! That's excellent news (not that a boy would have been bad) and I'm glad you're both so excited. You'll have a giant belly in no time! Enjoy your little holiday.

As for the QC, that sounds like a good suggestion, and I'll post it on the other board. I know we all want to keep up, but sometimes there's just no way.

Conundrum of the day: DP and I suddenly hate our entire name list. We had three or four we really liked and now we don't like anything. We realized this yesterday afternoon and spent much of the evening reading name books and looking at websites and have spent the day making suggestions, and are completely uninspired. Has this happened to anyone else at some point? Or did/do you just know what you want, or at least what few you want? You don't have to share names (though I'm certainly happy to do so). I'm just wondering how everyone else is finding the naming experience. I'm finding it a lot of responsibility with too many choices! For a boy it was down to George or Oscar, but for a girl it seems so much harder. Thoughts?

#15 ·
Julietea, awww... Your post made me cry... I think it's an incredible compliment to aspire to have a belly like mine. I needed that today!

Library, thanks for posting over in QC... And I'm glad you're enjoying you lazy day! I'm totally jealous of your pedicure!! Oh, and good luck with names.... Ours just came to us fairly early on and we've had no doubts (yet).

AFM, I think my water may have broke... It's sorta trickling here and there. I called my MW and she said it could be my mucous plug, that sometimes they are more liquidy but I'm kinda thinking it's amniotic fluid. It started at about 6pm and I haven't had steady CTX yet so we will see... I'm to call her if I continue to leak when I move around. If it was my water, I have until 12 (noon) tomorrow to get/have this labor started.

SEND ME SOME LABOR VIBES, please and thanks!

orngbiggrin.gif

#16 ·
Oh, Wehrli, ELVs coming your way!!
goodvibes.gif
How exciting! Come on, baby!

Gumshoe: How are you feeling today?

Julie: Congratulations on the big news! This is your first, right? Personally (and only personally), I knew I really wanted a girl, so I was thrilled to have a girl the first time. This time, I'd been hoping for a boy but was still thrilled to hear that we are expecting a girl. Did you really find out for sure at only 12 weeks?! Wow.

As for the belly pic request, you all have motivated me to take one tomorrow, so I'll post it before I leave tomorrow evening. I'll also post pics of the nursery, which thanks to my crazy mom, is nearly DONE! We have pics to put on the wall and shelves to fill with baby stuff, but that's really about it. I can't believe it. And I love it!

DD's sleepover birthday party is ongoing. She has five friends over; they are watching the old version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Earlier, they painted eachother's faces, played on the backyard zip line that my parents built on their last trip here, and had a Glee dance party in DD's bedroom. Then, pizza and cake (ugh) and presents. The dance party part alerted me to how old she is getting--that and the doctor with whom she had her checkup asked if she had any signs of puberty! She is turning 9! I know that with environmental estrogens, etc., a lot of girls are reaching puberty early, but I was hugely relieved to say no, none at all. Yikes! She and her friends are really sweet and fun, though--I'm glad they are having fun. And my little one is wiggling up a storm tonight; for the first time, I'm feeling movement in two places at once. She must be stretching or something.
smile.gif

Odd question for anyone who already has a child or children: do you ever feel guilty? I've been feeling a touch of guilt when I think about how attached I'm getting to this little babe. My DD has been the center of our lives for 9 years, and though I know it is not rational, I do feel a bit like I'm betraying her, caring so much about another future child.

#17 ·
Wehrli!!!! I hope this is it for you! Easy labor and a safe happy baby-filled family very soon!!!!! Can't wait for the update!!

AHope~ Your sleepover sounds like a hoot! I'm excited to have a girl so I can host parties like that (though I'm also hoping she'll have a gay best friend when she gets to high school). I hope no one has nightmares from the terrifying tunnel scene from Willy Wonka!

Jeez~ Now I'm just excited for Wehrli! Come on baby!!!!

#18 ·
Library... I can see that happening for me. If I think about something long enough (say a name for 6 months), I may wind up disliking it last minute. Right now though we have two: Rowan and Madrone. The second I've loved for years because I lived somewhere very special to me in the mid-nineties and the property had a lot of madrones. We're leaning toward the first though because we have a shared appreciation for the name. Clueless about the middle name though. Good luck!

Wehrli... glad it was a good day for a compliment! I'm looking forward to hearing news.

AmandaHope... Yep, first one. I think we're so happy for a girl because DW is planning to carry next and there are so few girls in her bio-family. So, we'd love having a boy but are glad to know that we'll have at least one girl. We know so early because we made the very hard decision to have a CVS. I am a Fragile X carrier and we felt we needed to know. It was our first difficult parenting decision. We talked about it for many weeks, made our decision, and during the procedure I felt calm. My body took it very well, and so did the baby thankfully. It was also inspiring and comforting to work through this tough one with my love and co-mama. I agree... that party sounds like a blast.

#19 ·
Just popping in as I sit for my 8th pumping session of the day. My appendix is still intact and I'm feeling really good today. Only icky, and slightly so, this evening.

I couldn't help but write to you, Wehrli, my due date buddy. I have my fingers crossed that this is it for you and I'm sending every last labour vibe your way. You're totally going to rock it and I hope that you have an amazing and awesome home birth. Here's to meeting your little one and having an April 3 or 4th baby!!!
thumb.gif

AmandaHope: Guilty yes. Will expand later.

#20 ·
It's been a long time since I've checked in here (been busy with a toddler and infant and when the board switched over it made my head hurt...), but I just wanted to say congrats to all of you TTC graduates!

Wehrli, sending you some ELV's! Come on, baby! :D

#22 ·
Eek! Wehrli! How exciting! I hope that labor is going well and that you're going to meet your little one soon! I'll be thinking about you all day!
joy.gif

Gumshoe: I'm glad that you were feeling better yesterday. I hope that continues!

Julietea: Congratulations on your healthy girl!

AmandaHope: That sounds like such a perfect party for a 9 year old. Happy Birthday to your DD!

Library: Pedicures sound like fun! Thanks for posting over at QC. I don't have any experience yet with getting close to naming a real baby, but watching other people on the board it seems like a number of people have started out with very definite ideas of what they were going to name the baby and then changed their minds completely. Good luck figuring out a good name for your DD!

Seraf: I'm super impressed with all your freezer cooking!

Beastie: How is your baby?
orngbiggrin.gif

AFM: I am extremely grateful to report that I am starting to feel slightly less sick. I still can't eat much, and I still have to be careful what I smell and how I breath, but I'm no longer gagging every time I go into the kitchen, and yesterday I was able to make it through a whole trip to the grocery store!

#23 ·
Wehrli: When I had liquid running down my legs, it wasn't amniotic fluid but he was born within 24 hours. Hopefully you are holding your baby now.

Library: Ari was named by ten weeks pregnant, OSHA wasn't named until he was three days old because we couldn't agree on a name until he was born.

Gumshoe: Glad you are feeling better!

AmandaHope: Totally know what you are talking about with the guilt. My kids were so close in age that I worried how I would get them out of the car in an accident, who I would get out first and if it meant I loved them more.

Escher: Yippie for being able to go into the kitchen again! It's all down hill from here.

Julietea: Congrats on your girl!

AFM: We told Sara's parents last night. They were hilarious. First question was, "do you have a crib?". Second question, while eating lunch, "how does one go about getting pregnant?". Then they seemed to realize they were going to be grandparents and there was a huge discussion about what they would be called because they think they are too young to be grandparents, despite the fact that they are older than my mom. Of course, they don't know Sara is trying...

#25 ·
Wehrli! I'm so excited for you and your partner! Have a wonderful labour and delivery! I can't wait to hear the news!

Seraf ... I agree with you on the car crash scenario. I will never forget watching a documentary about the tsumani in Phuket and a mom who was trying to keep hold on both her children, but when she lost the grip on the one child, she had to stay put in order to save the other one. Excuse me while I go have a good long cry about that now.

AmandaHope ... That sounds like a dream party for a nine year old! Any meltdowns? I remember my best friend's nineth birthday sleepover, one of the girls demanded to go home in the middle of the night because she couldn't sleep next to a certain girl. Turns out she's queer! She FB my bf (the same one who is my labour coach and my dd's 'auntie' and lives three doors down twenty-five years later) the other day and said that she had a crush on the other girl. Crazy!

escher ... I'm glad to hear that your tummy is staring to settle down. I wish I could say the same for me! This time around my queasiness and gagginess is just not stopping. I barfed again yesterday, and I'm 13 weeks!

Julie ... Help me out, I'm confused. You know that you're having a girl already? If I missed something, I apologize!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.