Chatty Queers Unite! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yes, Sara, you're completely allowed to answer. As for Google answers, do what you must, but just don't tell me biggrinbounce.gif

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#302 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, John Brooke and Margret!

but we don't really need to take two books! Have another question instead! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#303 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:09 AM

Totally unrelated (and I refuse to answer the questions from library because we DON'T need more books ;)  

DS (21 months) was nursing this morning and kept popping off and smiling and sticking out his tongue repeatedly (like he does when he's eating something particularly flavorful).  When I asked if my milk tasted "funny" he shook his head no.  I asked if it tasted like garlic, he shook his head "no".  Then I asked if it was "spicy" and he nodded "yes" vehemently before smiling, giggling and popping back on.  

Apparently last night's Thai food had quite the kick!  

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#304 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:12 AM

Well done! I always thought it was odd that the kids just got their parents' names, but there's no accounting for taste.  You're still welcome to answer another question and get two books at your house.

Still waiting for an answer to the Judy Blume question...  And for our two winners to choose their prizes!

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#305 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:14 AM

library, thx for the contest.... i'll be watching for more!

seraf & sara, cute baby laugh!!!

wishin', cutest nursing toddler story evah!

afm, i'm stoked... we are trying to arrange our first vacay with the babe... hoping to go to phoenix area to see some friends!! orngbiggrin.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#306 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:21 AM

Wow on the spicy milk.  My kids never said it got spicy.

Library, I would do much better with Dr Seuss questions as most of my reading lately has been in that vein.  Dr Seuss or renewable energy.  LOL.

I didn't post about it because it happened when Sara was in Isreal and I didn't want her to know until she came back but Sara's computer screen shattered, that's why I keep posting under her name of late.  We're sharing a computer.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#307 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 AM

The Four Pre-Teen Sensations?!  If I remembered that correctly?  I love Judy Blume.  :)  

P.S. The spicy milk story is hilarious!  Also, Shay is so SO SO cute, I love their first little laughs.  They make my heart happy. 

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#308 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Would that be the Four Pre-Teen Sensations?

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#309 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:25 AM

Shoot. Now I have to get another one right. Not that I need more books, either.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#310 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:31 AM

Desert~ Well remembered!!!    I just realized I need to replace that book in my library because it's still the old version with the sanitary napkin belt. WTF?  

wehrli~ Yay for vacay!! I went to Phoenix once when I was in college. I had friends there and it was lots of fun!  We went to some punk clubs and watched a skinhead/fraternity fight in the parking lot.   The funniest part was when a gaggle of sorority girlfriends went over to the skinhead girlfriends to talk trash and the skin girls jumped them.  My friends and I (Goths hanging out on the steps and totally not mussing our makeup for this) laughed and laughed.

Seraf/Sara~ That is an adorable laugh.

Next question:   What was the name of the dog who accompanies Milo on his adventures in The Phantom Tollbooth?

#311 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:34 AM

Oh Isa, sorry!     And yeah, I'm sure none of us need more books, but I'm about to start another award cycle and need to clean off this shelf fo sho!!!  The saddest part is that most of the books are about boy stuff and I have to find fags to pawn them off on. They'll take the dirty ones but if it's political they're not interested. TYPICAL!

#312 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:36 AM

Tock! I think...

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#313 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:37 AM

Oh good, it is Tock. And I actually knew that one rather than sheepishly looking it up, so now I can feel good about myself, too. smile.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#314 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 AM

Holy jumping thread!

Library, how about Missed Her, unless that's the one Isa picks.

Wehrli, Hopefully he loves traveling.  

Two random stories from yesterday.  

Ari and I tried making 5 minute mug cake and I cooked it too long.  Like way too long.  It was my mistake and it filled the house with smoke.

And the pet store has dart frogs.  They're so cute.  Osha figured up and announced how much the frog would cost with tax.  Looks like he has his eye on something.

#315 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM

Yay Isa!!  Yes, it's Tock, and he ticks, and has a brother named Tick, who tocks.  Ha.

Ok, next question!!  And this one's for the young'uns.   In an old house in Paris all covered in vines lived twelve little girls in two straight lines~ the youngest of which is Madeline.   Madeline gets sick in the middle of the night. What's wrong with her?

#316 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:47 AM

gah... missed it again. winky.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#317 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 08:01 AM

Oh I know that one, too, but i'll hold off. I had the same affliction when I was 11--it's seriously put the fear of a C-section into me, since I still remember how crappy I felt while recovering...

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#318 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM

Okay, I bite, chicken pox.

crap, appendicitis...now I remember!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#319 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 08:04 AM

apendix!!

#320 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 08:46 AM

Library, can I just say how much I adore your trivia contests? Thank you for being so generous!

I'm way interested in having The Au Pair, unless somebody has already chosen it of course. Saucy is my style!

Also, do you have a PayPal account? I'd like to give you some money for shipping. Let me know.

Mom and Mama to our Ever so clever daughter (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#321 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 08:56 AM

haha, I cross-posted that I missed the last one with the next one... maybe I'll get a go at the next one. lol

#322 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 08:59 AM

Ok~ Our internets are being ignunt here at school, so thanks for your patience!!!

Appendix is correct, so Yay Wishin'!    

So far I have Desert choosing The Au Pair, and thanks for your fine compliment! I love doing these, so I'm glad everyone else thinks it's fun

Seraf choosing Missed Her  

Isa wants me to choose for her, but I think she should take another look at the list. I can't possibly be objective at this point!!!  

Have I missed anyone?  

And yes I do have a PayPal account, I'll have to remember what the info is. Durp!!  

Ok, new question:  Nancy Drew has a sassy roadster, a boring boyfriend and a really butch girl friend. What is the butch girl's name?

#323 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 AM

I'm not going to answer, I read about it on wikipedia and found some really interesting stuff about the ghost writers and how they were paid and everything.  

I had been thinking of trying a Nancy Drew book for the kids, do you have a favorite? (I was a Stephen King kid from about 10 on, I missed all the kid lit)

#324 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 09:09 AM

oo, ooh... is it Bess??

#325 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM

Bess was one of her friends, but not her butch friend, sorry!  If we don't get an answer by 12 I'll give it to you.  The early ND books are so weird, so racist and awful in some ways.  The butch friend is of course not actually gay in the story, but is so so coded it's unmistakable. In one place they describe her as having 'breath that smells like fish'. Nice. 

#326 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 09:32 AM

wow... yeah, i only read a few... and that was a long time ago. i've always thought to go back and read them, as they'd be quick reads now, especially. 'breath that smells like fish'... now i really want to go back and read them! lol.gif

#327 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 10:04 AM

Ok, I'm back from lunch duty and we're moving on. Sadly, no one recalls Nancy's pal George, and her fishy breath. Awwww....  

Ok, next question!  What are the names of Mr. and Mrs. Mallard's babies in Make Way for Ducklings?

#328 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 10:06 AM

I'll take Invisible Families. No clue on Nancy's lady-friend, unfortunately.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#329 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Ahhh, crap, I knew it was George, but had to you know, actually go tend to the toddler...LOL!

#330 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 11:15 AM

You're asking questions I know again!  But I'm holding off.  I will answer if no one else does.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page