Chatty Queers Unite! - Page 12 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#331 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Dang kids!! Spoiling our fun!!!  ROTFLMAO.gif

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#332 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM

Jack, lack, Mack, nack, oack, pack, quack! I had a duckling obsession as a child, and was the prowd steward of 100 imaginary ducklings (that had to be counted off when loading up the car to go on errands... My poor mother).

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#333 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 12:20 PM

Amy that is AWESOME!!!  I am feeling for your mom, but love the fact that you had your own herd of ducklings. Amazing!  I never had an imaginary friend but was instead mayor of an imaginary town. Which if you know me, is about par for the course.  

Pick your book!!!

Our next question!   (I'm just amusing myself now, I hope no one minds...) Ramona's older sister is called Beezus. What is her real name? 

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#334 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Oo! oo! You've gotten into my territory now!
I was also mayor of an imaginary town for a while--but the best part is that it wasn't my imaginary town. My best friend and her cousin had set it up and when he wasn't around (most of the time, since he lived out of state) I got to be the prime resident. I drew elaborate houses for myself and my dozens of adopted children, chose furniture and clothes for them out of the JCPenney catalog, and had lots of crazy interactions with my hundreds of exotic invented pets, all portrayed by my friend. I can't even express how cool it was to have someone else respond and take on the different characters so I wasn't just talking to myself.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#335 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 12:34 PM

Isa, that's really cool!  My first girlfriend and I had a game that was similar (though we were in high school). We played cooler versions of ourselves living in a big house in London with a changing assortment of cool people and rock stars and stuff. We'd design our clothes and act out elaborate scenes.  The fact that she wanted to play like this and was so good at it is the reason I fell so in love with her. I'd never known anyone willing and able to meet me on that level. Your town sounds really fun! (And then we became librarians. Hmmm.....)

#336 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 01:40 PM

Beatrice!

Two moms and two boys enjoying the truth that love always wins!!!  joy.gifjoy.gifpartners.gif

#337 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 06:25 PM

Well done, Wishin! That's two for you!!!  

I think I'm out of questions for today... More tomorrow!!!  You guys are excellent fun, thanks so much!!

#338 of 342 Old 02-03-2012, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

In middle school, my boy friend at the time (who is now gay too) and I and two friends played a game where we had to save the town from an imaginary 10-foot giant goldfish named Sammy. Michael (the "bf) made us all computers out of jewelry boxes and we played it all the time for the whole of two school years until we got in trouble for not letting a boy play with us and had to see the school shrink for playing it and not letting others join us. I find it really amausing!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#339 of 342 Old 02-04-2012, 04:13 AM

LOLabout the ducklings. 

And towns. 

And goldfish. 

I was convinced the only reason humans couldn't fly was lack of persistence. My mom would have preferred ducklings. 

Eventually, as a tween my daydreams turned to cloning humans and growing them in a surrogate bovine uterus nourished with a blood supply circulated by motors, carefully filtered and nourished . And of course the uterus was to have a window implanted to assist in monitoring development. Just your typical girl. Like Mary Shelly. 

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#340 of 342 Old 02-04-2012, 05:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
or aldous huxley. Glad at least part of your dreams kinda came true? wink1.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#341 of 342 Old 02-04-2012, 06:37 AM

Isa, aldous sounds suspiciously like a boy name. Man, if I had read brave new world a few years earlier I might have been dangerous. 

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#342 of 342 Old 02-04-2012, 05:28 PM

Aldous is a great name!  I love both you and Sara's middle years imaginings. I can't wait to see what Alice comes up with.

Though right at this moment what I hope she comes up with is the werewithal to just GO TO SLEEP. She's effin' killin me tonight. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page