Sperm donor - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-21-2011, 12:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, i am new to this site. I have been researching sperm banks etc for past few days. I am not really sure if i am looking in the correct areas. I am needing a sperm donor but would rather keep it close to where i live in Kansas. Far as i know my city (Topeka) does not have a sperm bank. Any suggestions???

#2 of 3 Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM

Although I'm not familiar with Kansas, I would just Google "Kansas sperm bank" and see what comes up or if you live near a border, Google other border states as well.

Keep in mind that you can also have sperm shipped so although you might prefer to have a sperm bank nearby, you don't have to limit yourself, especially if you have a particular requirement or need in terms of a donor.

You might want to join us on the Queer TTC board where we hold most of our daily discussions. You can feel free to post any questions or request for opinions there and are more likely to get a quick response.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#3 of 3 Old 04-21-2011, 03:19 PM

To add to Krista's comment--I tried looking for banks in Michigan (queer-friendly) and it was a nightmare...I now am using a bank from Seattle and it is going very smoothly to have it shipped!

Here is the link to Queer TTC (What Krista just mentioned). http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1306147/queer-conceptions-april-2011-keep-the-bfp-s-rollin-in

Good luck!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page