Queer Conceptions - May 2011 - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-14-2011, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Best, best wishes to you and DP, Max.  I hope you have a wonderful adoption experience and trust that you'll finally have your family very soon.  grouphug.gif

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2011, 07:26 PM

Max: I'm so excited for you that you are moving forward with adoption! I hope that the process is smooth and easy and that you're holding your little one soon. I just told mothering to have me "follow" you (whatever that means), so I'm hoping I'll get to see some updates on how you are doing. I would love to hear from you! Good luck! Good luck!

Sara: I'm sorry about your bfn. I know how disappointing those can be. I hope the vitex does wonderful things for your cycle!

Carmen: It's so exciting that you're in an insem cycle now!

Hi to everyone else!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 05-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Max--sending you my very best wishes for adoption! l hope the process is seamless and speedy. Hopefully it won't be long before there's a new addition to your family!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 PM

Carmen, okay thanks. Does it make a difference if I only slept about 4 hours before the 5am temp? I had a positive on the opk on Thursday so I'm just wondering what the heck is up with this cycle.

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

Old 05-14-2011, 10:58 PM

Hi all,

I'm so grateful to have this thread! I appreciate hearing what is going on for you all.

Sara: sorry to hear it. It sounds like you've got a good plan though, and a break might be just the right thing now.

Max: best wishes on your adoption journey! Hope you'll post photos of your little one here for us all to admire someday soon. smile.gif

AFM please move me to the tww. We've had an interesting cycle. I've had a feeling it would be this month from the beginning, and our KD did too. Then, random timing, he happened to be going out of town this month and it was right around the time we would normally be inseminating. It's also my first cycle inseminating without Vitex... Luckily, we got an *probably* positive on the day he was leaving (and a definitive the next morning) so we inseminated twice the day he was leaving, and once two days before that. I don't know what to think about the timing, but I feel peaceful and ok about it whatever happens. Part of my confusion is that I usually get a + opk about 3 days before my temp rises. Because of that, I don't know if i O the day after opk and am just a "slow riser" temp-wise, or if the opk is actually giving me a couple-day warning and i am Oing right before the rise. If I'm Oing the day after OPK (or even the next day) then I think our timing was ok. If not, who knows?

I also find myself thinking a lot about the unknowns... we haven't tested our KD's sperm, mainly because he is very young and healthy and we decided we would try a few months before doing any testing for he or I. This month, we'll test my progesterone, and consider getting a sperm count if it doesn't happen this month. I don't feel rushed or concerned, but I can't help but wonder if he and I are fertile. I think if I knew we were both fertile, I could relax even more and just trust the process... anyone else going through something similar?

Me homebirth midwife (35) and DP (28) Mamas to the love of our lives, feisty toddler Lucie, and an aloof miniature poodle.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escher12 View Post

Carmen: It's so exciting that you're in an insem cycle now!

I know!!! It's crazy and doesn't feel real! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalPerez View Post

Carmen, okay thanks. Does it make a difference if I only slept about 4 hours before the 5am temp? I had a positive on the opk on Thursday so I'm just wondering what the heck is up with this cycle.

It shouldn't make too much of a difference. If anything though, I think your temp would be higher with the less sleep you have (don't quote me on that though). Sometimes it can take a day or so to get a temp rise after a positive opk - it does vary from person to person. I've had 2 days of positive opks, then O day, then a temp rise. After charting for a few months you'll start to see your own pattern :) Charting can be frustrating but it's also amazing once you start to see patterns...our bodies are amazing things!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwifeStephPDX View Post

I also find myself thinking a lot about the unknowns... we haven't tested our KD's sperm, mainly because he is very young and healthy and we decided we would try a few months before doing any testing for he or I. This month, we'll test my progesterone, and consider getting a sperm count if it doesn't happen this month. I don't feel rushed or concerned, but I can't help but wonder if he and I are fertile. I think if I knew we were both fertile, I could relax even more and just trust the process... anyone else going through something similar?

I used to wonder about EVERYTHING. Imagining what could be wrong or what things should be, etc., etc. I really did drive myself crazy. And I still do sometimes ;) For me, letting go and trusting my body is such an important part of ttc. I'm not even that successful at doing it all that often but when I do my cycle is "perfect." Also, I feel like if having a test will answer some important questions and ease your mind then do it! But, the flip side is that it can make you more crazy if you don't get the results you expected or if they results are ambiguous.....

Hmmm not great advice, sorry about that!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
Old 05-15-2011, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Escher: Thanks for your thoughts! I'm thinking June will be it because thats when I set myself to start trying innitally after drama with my mama. June june june!

Steph: I'm feeling good for you for this! I'll give our bunny PipSqeauk a heads up you want some luck from her. You can do it!!

Carmen: Here's to a quick o this month!

AFM: Vitex is not yummy, thats all I have to say.

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 05-15-2011, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Max—good luck! We’ll miss you! I hope the adoption process is smooth and wonderful for you and your DP. I hope you’ll come back and show off when you get your child!

Sara—I’m sorry about AF. I hope the break is good for you—and that Mr June is perfect for you!

Steph—I wrote out a big long response but it was a downer even to me, so suffice it to say that yes, I wish I could just relax and trust in the process, because it would make my life MUCH more calm.

Carmen—very excited for you this cycle! smile.gif

AFM—yet another BFN. Pretty sure this isn’t it, either. So we’re on to our last IUI cycle. One quick question—it looks like I’m going to O on Memorial Day, which means my RE is going to be closed. I’m still on progesterone (and will be until I get the blood negative tomorrow). I’m thinking about staying on it for an extra day to see if I can push my cycle back one day so I’d O on Tuesday instead of Monday. Will this work? Is there a good reason not to do it?
I find that I’m really torn about how much I want it to work this next try—if it does—hurray! But next kid we’ll have to do IUI again. If it doesn’t—IVF for every baby, which cuts down on the amount of time we’ll have to try for each one.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 05-15-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyisa View Post

AFM—yet another BFN. Pretty sure this isn’t it, either. So we’re on to our last IUI cycle. One quick question—it looks like I’m going to O on Memorial Day, which means my RE is going to be closed. I’m still on progesterone (and will be until I get the blood negative tomorrow). I’m thinking about staying on it for an extra day to see if I can push my cycle back one day so I’d O on Tuesday instead of Monday. Will this work? Is there a good reason not to do it?
I find that I’m really torn about how much I want it to work this next try—if it does—hurray! But next kid we’ll have to do IUI again. If it doesn’t—IVF for every baby, which cuts down on the amount of time we’ll have to try for each one.

Delurking...

Isa I totally know how you feel. I'm on my last cycle of IUI (I'm in the tww)...if we don't get pregnant this time we will do IVF...starting in August. I have mixed feelings about it, but at this point we just want a baby.

Gelly

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 AM

Max--I am definitely going to miss you. Please keep us updated on your progress! Good luck getting the family you so deserve!!

Sara--We are only using KD this month. If this doesn't work, we are going to order Mr. June for our next cycle. I think his baby pic is adorable...and I love that he is so outdoorsy. During the summer you can take a ferry to get to the island--but it takes almost 3 hours...so I never go on it. For people coming up to visit for the summer (or really large families because the prices are much cheaper than flying), it is perfect. In the winter (December--April), the only choice we have is to fly. It is definitely costly to live here...but worth it (most of the time..wink1.gif). I love it during the summer...and I am so very excited that summer is on it's way!!

Crystal--When I started charting, I actually read through all of the online lessons and it helped me a lot. (I am kind of a nerd though about stuff like this..smile.gif) If you want to, this is the link: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/courses/

Carmen--Hooray!!!joy.gif

Midwife--I have definitely felt the same way while using our KD. Ours is a little on the older side...so I wonder about his count. I have never had any reason to think that I will have problems (besides my m/c)...but I have never been tested before so I don't know. This worries me even more while I am spending money on frozen.

We insemmed once more last night--and I had a huge temp jump this morning. Our timing was pretty good this month...we'll see! In other news, we are getting a puppy next Sunday. Puppy while pregnant? Sounds like an interesting mix....smile.gif Sara--could you please move to the 2WW? Thanks!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

Old 05-15-2011, 02:29 PM

Max: I'm going to miss you A LOT! I'm so happy for you guys. That you have found your next path. I think it's the right one for you too. Please check back and keep us posted. You are TTCing just as much as the rest of the women here. I pray that one day, our little babies can meet each other in San Francisco at a coffee shop. Until then, my friend, many good blessings to you.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

Old 05-16-2011, 07:41 AM

Max - I will second what everyone else has said - best of luck to you and DP! We will miss you but I am positive you will soon have your family. Big hugs!!! xoxo

Sara - ugh, so sorry hug2.gifbut you're right - June is a great month!

Isa - re: 29.9 - I'm holding on as long as I can! Still sad you guys are going to be out of town that weekend. I'm sorry about your negative - we were thinking about you guys all day yesterday. grouphug.gif

Lise - Yay for puppies! We just got a new guy 5 weeks ago dog2.gif

Hello to everyone else! Happy Monday!

We threw  bridal shower for DW's brother's fiance yesterday. Complete with all the family who refused to come to our shower (or wedding). So that was...fun. 

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

Old 05-16-2011, 11:15 AM

Max:  I am thrilled that your path has revealed itself. You are going to be wonderful parents to a child who really needs you!  You will be greatly missed around here.  I sincerely hope that we will hear from you again.

Sara: Sorry to hear about the BFN but happy to hear that you are rebounding.  June is gonna be your month (and, hopefully, ours too!)

Steph:  I can sympathize with the wondering.  Just my opinion but I would much rather get some of the basic testing done to know what you are working with… We used frozen sperm so we were lucky to know the overall quality of the donor immediately.  I had FSH tested on the third month.  Knowing that those things fell within healthy range helped me a lot with my tendency to obsess that something was wrong.  

Isa:   Can’t speak to the progesterone question but definitely empathize on the IUI to IVF possibility.  It is a really hard call for anyone to make but the series of inseminations took a toll on us – both emotionally and financially.  For those paying for frozen sperm and basic testing with an RE,  it doesn’t take that many IUI cycles to add up to the cost of an IVF (we could have paid for one IVF cycle with what we have spent already) but the thing that swayed us the most was the idea that going for the best odds meant getting us that much closer to the family we want so much.  

Lise:  Yay for a new puppy!  That soft fur, desire to play, endless potty breaks and other antics may be just the perfect distraction?  

MrsPP:  Sorry for the family frustrations but big kudos to you and DW for taking the higher road and being willing to host despite that.  

AFU:  DW saw the RE on Friday and u/s confirmed that there was a cyst in her right ovary causing the higher than normal FSH levels.  We could have waited to see if it resolved itself but that would have meant postponing our IVF cycle and waiting.  So we went with the option to drain in hopes that it would keep us on track for June retrieval.  We will go back in early June to confirm nothing has reemerged.  So many little roadblocks along the way but trying to press on and stay positive!

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

Old 05-16-2011, 04:06 PM

happy monday, everybody

max:  congrats on your adoption path...i'm quite jealous, and have always wanted to adopt.  my dp's good friend and her partner are foster-to-adopting in california right now--and they are expecting a placement this summer.  my dp and i would never pass a home study...we don't technically have any rooms in our house.  

lisedea:  i had a feeling you would insem this month and it sounds like the weather lined everything up beautifully for you.  what type of pup are you and your dp getting?  

isa:  i don't know anything about the progesterone, but it's interesting to want to move on to ivf, so you can start there for later babes.  my dp's sister went through a second bunch of clomid+iui's to try for a second child after her dd was conceived that way, and eventually she moved on to ivf for the fetus that is due in july.  in total it added an extra nine months or so of ttc for them, and then the first ivf cycle worked.  i don't know whether to hope this month works for you or not...

sara:  how did you decide to take a month off?  i remember june was your starting again date after the "drama with your mama."  how's the vitex going?  

steph:  i haven't done any testing either, and i've really enjoyed that approach.  i use frozen sperm, so i know those numbers, but even after seven unsuccessful cycles, i trust that my body can become pregnant.  i was really surprised that my re had the same perspective--no reason to become alarmed that it is taking a while.  she says pregnancies don't always happen quickly--but that does not necessarily indicate any type of malfunctioning.  this cycle i asked to use clomid, and i will try at least two cycles with clomid before considering any type of testing.  seems like a personal kind of choice...whether it would be a relief to know everything looks good, or to assume/trust everything id fine without proof.

hello, hello to everyone i missed.

afm:  i am on cd8 and i finished my first round of clomid yesterday.  i could really feel my ovaries in a way i never had before.  my ultrasound is scheduled for friday, and i'm hoping for a few mature follicles.  i'd love to trigger friday night and head to the re over the weekend for insems...it's always so quiet there on the weekends.  otherwise i'm baking and cleaning the house, getting ready for an evening class, and daydreaming about twins.  i hope you all are doing well this spring.

Old 05-16-2011, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Hello everyone -

carmen -  yeah for insem this cycle :)!

mrspp - sorry to hear that there were folks who didn't come to your shower/wedding. GRgargarg.

lisedea (and all in the TWW): fingers crossed!

asm: CD 6, first insem cycle this month. my appointment to start IUI cycle monitoring is on Friday :) I'm pretty nervous tho. my dw carried our first and was able to concieve really easily. I feel like this has set me up with unrealistic hopes for how this will work the second time around. I want to be open to whatever this will be. It is a strange mix of emotions. wanting to be visualizing, hopeful, totally present - and yet wanting to be guarded, realistic, not too hopeful... garag.

I hope all are well - we had PRIDE in my city this week - very early to be having pride, but HAPPY PRIDE TO YOU nonetheless :)

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

Old 05-16-2011, 06:42 PM

Best wishes with your adoption, Max!  

Rainbowvalleymama - I also did 7 unsuccessful IUIs  (one of which was with EIGHT mature follicles from injectables) and had my doctor telling me every time, there's nothing wrong, it just takes a long time sometimes.  (And then we did one IVF and bam, I got pregnant but miscarried.)  It's so frustrating to wait, I'm impressed you're so zen about it.  Wish some of that would rub off on me.  We're doing another IVF in June and I'm considering acupuncture just to calm me down.  It's so easy to obsess and get freaked out over it.  Advice welcome... :)

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

Old 05-16-2011, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

lise: Your island sounds lovely! I'm slightly jealous at how nice it sounds! I'd do the Ferry, just because it sounds way fun! Your KD's baby pic is cute?! Or do you already know who Mr. June is?! I hope the KD does the trick and you don't have to bother with Mr. June! Finger's and everything else crossed for you ladies! 

MrsPP: Thanks so much! I'm thinking June sounds nice! I'll be showing but still able to bend down to catch the baby when Sara give's birth! And, Sara hit it with Osha in June, so maybe it'll be a lucky month for me too! Your inseming is coming up soon! You getting excited for it?! I'm excited for you! 

alphahen: June is it! We can do it! 

rainbowvalleymama: Yes, June was my starting date after my mama drama. I'm feeling good about it. I am taking the month off because I simply cannot afford another try this month (gotta save up again). Plus, I'm not super thrilled with Mr. May, so I don't feel like I'm missing anything much. I may have talked myself out of him, but so be it. Oh the vitex... Once its in me, it's going great, but getting it in me is hard. Its very alcohol tasting and I super don't enjoy it. I mixed it with a smoothie the first day I took it, and that's been the best (shooting it in the back of my mouth is not fun). I think tomorrow I'll try it with OJ and order the pills for when this bottle runs out. 

Onemommy: Happy pride to you and your family! Good luck with your first cycle! Are you in the right place on the roll call page?! 

AFM: Hoping our loads of traveling will help out this month off. We are going to be in Memphis early in the day on the 22nd of this Month and in June we are going to be in Chicago in the evening on Sunday June 26th. Anyone want to get together?! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

Old 05-16-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsara View Post

AFM: Hoping our loads of traveling will help out this month off. We are going to be in Memphis early in the day on the 22nd of this Month and in June we are going to be in Chicago in the evening on Sunday June 26th. Anyone want to get together?! 

Sara~ Are you all going to Pride on June 26th...I think that's the day it is in Chicago. If so then we may be able to meet up...and if not we still may be able to meet up. nod.gif

AFM~ 7DPO no signs. I know that it is early, but to not get as depressed and generally down in the dumps...like I did last time. I'm looking fowrard to August when we do the IVF.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 05-16-2011, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Gelly: I didnt know that was the day of pride there! Our kiddos loved pride last year in columbus, so I bet they'd love to do it in Chicago this year! We may have to try to be in the city earlier that day! We should surely try to meet up! You'll be pregnant by then! 

Old 05-16-2011, 10:22 PM

Does anyone know if fertility meds can affect the other partner?  My wife, ttc, just added progesterone to her list of meds, 3 days ago.  Today I started bleeding, but I had my period already this month, finished up just nine days ago.  This has never happened to me before so I'm wondering if it could be her meds??  Any insight appreciated!

Quick update: We will be doing our first doctor assisted IUI with injectibles in about two weeks, after taking the last few months off to get ready.  We've been TTC for 24 months.  We are also starting our adoption homestudy this week and have been busy cleaning and reorganizng the house in preparation and today had our fingerprints taken for the FBI.  Surreal! 

Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 PM

I'll be at SF pride on June 25-26! Anyone else?

4dpo for me whistling.gif

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

Old 05-16-2011, 11:06 PM

Sara--I'm sorry you have to drink that yucky stuff. Maybe it'll be that little extra edge you need for a bfp. You're due for one in June!

Isa--I am kmfx that you O after Memorial Day. I am continuing to hold you in  my thoughts for a success cyclehug2.gif

Lisedea--New puppy! How exciting! I'm totally intrigued by this island you live on. And most importantly, your timing sounds spot on!

Krista--thinking about you om.gif

Ms PP--Great to see you back! That's tough about the family who shamelessly celebrated the same event they refused to celebrate with you. But sometimes it feels good just to take the high road...

Alphahen--There's nothing worse than a roadblock to mess with things while ttc. But I'm glad that it's fixable and I am sending good vibes to your DP you get an all-clear very soon!

Rainbowvalley--Hoping your u/s shows lots of good follies on Friday! I agree, isn't it nice to go in for an IUI when there's no hustle and bustle? My best experiences have definitely been after-hours. Glad to see that you are trying Clomid too (I think I recall responding to one of your posts about it). Anything to boost you when using frozen is helpful, especially as those cycles start to add up.

onemommy--You're right. TTC is so challenging for those reasons. There are so many unknowns and you can't compare yourself to another person or even yourself (if you go through it more than once). It is truly a conundrum. Every time I think I have a strategy for getting through a cycle, things will inevitably fall apart. When I want to feel open to the outcome, I shut down. When I feel like I I have no hope left inside, I get energized. I wish you peace and a speedy bfp. Whatever your journey is, I hope you sail through it.

fivegrand--I'm glad to see you around again. I hope you and DP are hanging in there. Acupuncture--highly recommended. It really helped me get my mind right and relax when all I felt was ttc anxiety. Peace to you.

gelly--It's still so early. Even though IVF is waiting in the wings, I'm cheering you on for a bfp for this cycle.

AFM--AF started on Sat. I started Femara today and will start injectables on Friday. I feel incredibly fortunate that we were able to get the injectables through a donation which is saving us a lot of money. It truly takes a village...

Babydust to all who need it, peace to all who are struggling through the tww and hugs to those feeling down.

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:23 AM

Sara—Oh geez…I am having trouble with so many things right now! I was talking about Mr. May still…no clue on June, obviously. If this doesn’t work for us, our plan is to order Mr. May before the month is up (although what if we like Mr. June more?!?!) to use for June. Sorry about the confusion.nut.gif

Mrs. PP—Ugg…that sounds terrible! Is this from your side of the family or your DP’s?

Alpha—Fingers crossed for a good report in June!! fingersx.gif

Rainbow—I kinda had a feeling I would as well! I am so terrible when it comes to waiting… We are getting another Golden…they are such good dogs…and are such cute puppies!!

Onemommy—I know how the range and balance of emotions can go…and I think there are many here that feel the same way! Happy Pride! We have only gotten downstate once in order to go to Lansing’s…DP works too much in the summer.

Krista—Thinking of you!!! fingersx.gif

Gelly—No signs can mean good things!!

Mumquest—Sounds like you have a lot going on!! Good luck with the IUI AND the homestudy.

Qmama—A donation??? From someone you know or something like a grant?? Either way, that is incredible! One less thing (a big one at
that!) to worry about.

Sara/qmama --If anyone finds their way up to northern MI, feel free to visit our ‘Isle of the Beav’ (aka: Beaver Island…endless lesbian jokes
on this…). I know where all the good camping sites are…and we also have an extra room. smile.gif

3 DPO…la la laaa….

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:57 PM

Sara--Please move me to "Waiting to Know". Thanks!

Old 05-17-2011, 03:33 PM

lisedea - GOOD LUCK.  Stay calm (yeah, right).  winky.gif

qmama - thanks for the good thoughts.  That's awesome that someone donated to you.  My dr usually sneaks me at least one or two boxes of Bravelle during our cycles.  It's so crazy how expensive it is.  But obviously so worth it when it works!  

isa - It's probably fine to stay on progesterone an extra day.  I ended up being on it one cycle for like 14 days because I was out of town.  And the way my RE controls my hormones, I feel like he is like a puppet master and can literally control ANYTHING he wants to in my body - except the actual act of implantation, which is obviously out of anyone's control.  I'm sure one day won't make a difference...

mumquest - My partner has premature ovarian failure and hardly ever has a period.  The first cycle we started TTC, she had one.  It was her first one in probably four years.  And while I'm on the hormones, she doesn't necessarily bleed, but she'll break out or be moody... I think it affects both partners!!

AFM - I got my IVF calendar in my email this morning and they have incorporated growth hormone into my protocol.  I'm kind of excited about this because it apparently improves egg quality, and for whatever reason, I'm kind of having a problem with that, even though I did get pregnant.  I hope it also increases quantity, since I've only got one ovary now.  Anybody else use growth hormone?

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

Old 05-17-2011, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

lise: you have been moved, and we may just take you up on that offer! Hopefully this summer, but if not, the following one for sure! 

fivegrand: new growth hormones sound good to me!

AFM: Found a good way to take my vitex! Mix it in apple juice, drink more apple juice, then brush teeth! Its a winner! Now, here's hoping it works for me!

Old 05-17-2011, 10:14 PM

Lisedea--It was a donation from friends. They had a bunch that they won't need so they passed them on to me! It was such a huge relief for us. My insurance plan would not have covered those drugs at all, so this was a great gift for us. Good luck on your tww. I hope fantastic things are happening right now for you! If I ever have the great fortune of traveling to N. Michigan, a stop on Beaver island it is! I went to the women's music festival in MI years ago while in college and always promised myself another camping trip up there one of these days...

5G--Sounds great! I always feel so much more energized when there is a change in strategy after a disappointment. I hope the growth hormone is the solution!

AFM--not much to report. Feeling hopeful!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi kids, definitely a no for me this time. I was more upset about it on Monday, but I was out of town visiting a friend and her new baby (i perked right up after I actually got to her house and she handed me the munchkin) so I haven't been able to get online. Technically I'm waiting for AF, but Sara, would you please move me to Waiting to O? I ended up not taking extra progesterone. DP wants me to sabotage this cycle (well, kinda) but I'm not willing to do that. I'm compromising, though, by not trying to mess with it at all. I'm going to do what the RE tells me to do even if I think the timing is bad or they're closed the day I should go in and if it works it works and if not we're moving on.

Alpha—when does she go in for the procedure? I hope it works! And yes, it’s amazing how much we’ve already spent on this. Makes daycare look affordable, actually.

Rainbow—exactly what I’m afraid of. I haven’t talked to my insurance about it, though—maybe they’d only make me do three again next time? How’s the Clomid treating you? Hopefully it’s doing its job in there!

5grand—do the acupuncture! Can’t hurt, might help, definitely relaxing, right? The growth hormone sounds interesting…I hadn’t heard of that one before, but it sounds like a good idea!

Sara/Gelly/Mrs PP/anyone else around—we’ll be at pride on the 26th—Would you all like to watch the parade together? I don’t know what the other plans are for the day, but DP and I were planning to do at least that part of things (since we don’t have to be in it this year) and it would be fun to watch it as a group.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
Old 05-18-2011, 09:56 AM

popping in to give hugs to all the recent bfns.  :(  i hope the next cycles for y'all bring bfps. 

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 05-18-2011, 01:19 PM

Sara-First of all hello and yes we have been gone for a lil bit...But our question to you is why were we removed for the ttc list. We are just on a long break  will be back when dp is ready to try again

HELLO everyone we are in Chicago and would love to meet up with who ever will be @ chi pride.when?where?time?.should be fun cant wait!!!!SARA?prettyisa?Mrs PP?

dust.gifto all tww

fingersx.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012

User Tag List