Queer Conceptions - May 2011 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 318 Old 05-24-2011, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ooh, i love my dog too. this is canyon at the coast...

canyon2.jpg

lise:  fingers crossed that your test was too early.  hopefully that beautiful pup is keeping you entertained and happy.  did you mention his name?

isa:  shrink cyst, shrink!

stephpdx:  nice batch of symptoms.  i laughed about your dp's potential website...my dp is terrified of becoming accidentally pregnant and won't come anywhere near me without a pair or two of pants on for days.  she's been known to double up on pajama pants just in case.  

nosreves:  wow, nine follies is a lot.  maybe one of them really took off and grew and grew before you o'd.  i tend to be read quite differently by medical folks depending on whether or not my dp is with me.  i hope your ultrasound tech was having a bad day the first time you met, instead of her attitude being homophobia-driven.  it would be fun to go back with your dp (should you ever need to be scanned again).

cananny:  heal well!

qmama:  how are your injectables treating you?  my experience with clomid wasn't too bad, although i did feel a bit crazed at times.  also, where are you on the west coast?

sara:  is your month off flying by?  it's almost june!  i hope your traveling is going well.  when you get a chance, please move me to waiting to know.

carmen:  how are you doing?  where are you in your cycle.

afm:  dp and i just returned from a weekend in pdx.  i did clomid this cycle (days 3-7) and had a midcycle scan last friday that showed two follies.  i had one on each ovary, and at that time they measured maybe 17mm and 15mm.  i triggered saturday night, insemmed sunday morning and monday morning (i think 13 and 35 hours post trigger).  it was fantastic to stay in portland for an entire baby-making weekend--to go to the farmer's market and eat out and lounge around my favorite hotel.  i had a lot of ovulation-type pain and cramping starting yesterday morning, and i think our timing was right on.  now i'm eating pineapple and catching up here...shocked it's only 1dpo.  oh my, this will be a long tww!

i hope you all are well,
e

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 318 Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 PM

gellybean - We're getting ready for our second IVF (not including one FET), so I can try to answer any questions you might have.  I was on birth control for the month before my last one and for the month before this one.  The only reason I can tell is that it gives your RE complete control over your cycle.  For us, we're only taking maybe 17 or 18 days of the hormone pills (as opposed to the normal 21 in a BC pack) because we're headed out of town and he wants to scan me right before we leave, start me on the injections while we're gone, and then scan me again as soon as I get back.  I kind of like that even though my body is going to do what it's going to do in so many respects, my RE is in control of at least this.  Let me know if you have any other questions - the first one was really exciting for us, despite the fact that the transfer was a crappy experience, but it was the first we'd done it and we got pregnant!!  This one, after the m/c, isn't as exciting.  In fact, it's nerve-racking and I'm not looking forward to the whole thing.  It's just so emotional and so frustrating, but the good thing is, the success rate is so high!  I start my injections on June 9.  Again - ask away!

Kgulbransen - good luck tomorrow.  I'll be thinking about you.

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

#243 of 318 Old 05-24-2011, 04:54 PM

gelly -  so sorry to hear about your BFN.    f/x for the IVF, though.  august is my favorite month, and hopefully, it will be the beginning of wonderful things for you.

prettyisa -- awww, those pups are adorable!  peanut totally has a "what did i do to deserve this punishment??" look on her face.  my kitties, of course, are all about boxes. i'll eventually get around to posting some pix of them.  btw, i'd totally self-medicate if i knew *what* to medicate with and how to get it....

midwifesteph --  wow, those are some encouraging symptoms!  f/x that this your month for a BFP (from what you said before, it did seem like all of the planets were aligning to make it happen)  regarding your DP, maybe her body is just responding to yours?  as for France, it's a great country in a lot of ways, but i'm struggling with some anger towards the government over equal rights issues (in particular, the fact that it is *illegal* for us to see an RE or get insemmed.)  also, there seems to be a shift back to the right going on here and in a lot of other European countries.  the Front National (a facist party) is gaining a lot of support at the moment, and that scares the shnitt out of me. but if you and DP do decide to come over, even if it's only for a visit, let me know!  it would be cool to meet up with someone from this lovely little forum :).

carmen -- glad i gave you a chuckle and thanks for the good wishes.  right now it's hard to believe there could be a baby in my future, but you're right, i should make the most of this time.  how is your cycle going this time around?  are you going to start insemming soon?

lisedea -- sorry about the BFN but it's still early. i hope that your BFP is just a few days away.  *positive vibes*goodvibes.gif

onemommy --  thanks for the kind words.  we don't actually have an insurance issue (i live in France, so health insurance isn't a problem), we just have assbackward-laws problems.  a change in governments might help, but that's a year away and my girl bits aren't getting any younger. shake.gif 

good luck with your insems this week! 

rainbowvalleymama -- you may be right about the tech.  she might just have been having a particularly "french" day (as my wife often reminds me, grumpiness is a national trait.)  how cool that you did the insems in portland.  sounds lovely and relaxing and conducive to conception.  looks like will be riding this TWW out together.  baby dust!

krista --  merci bien for commenting!  i was sooo hoping you were around to respond, seeing as i consider you an expert and a sort of fertility mentor.  what i can tell you is that i had an ultrasound done almost exactly a year before this one (cd10 that time) and for that one i had a few follicles and a 14mm cyst on my *right* ovary. nothing on the left.  this time i was cd12 and had a 15.4mm cyst and four follies (2.5 to 4.5mm) on the *left* ovary.  the right ovary had "several follicles measuring from 2.6 to 7.3mm" .  i've never been tested for PCOS nor have i had a baseline u/s.  according to CBFM and opk's i ovulate (or at least have the lh surge and estrogen drop) around the same time every month.  i realize this doesn't mean for sure that i am ovulating, but the opks and cbfm and cm have been consistent since we've been TTC.  i will definitely be charting as of next month.  the reason i am asking for help here is because we have no way of seeing an RE here in France and my gyn has a "let's wait and see what happens over the next 6-8 months" approach.  i'm almost 39, so i don't want to wait 6 months to find out that i have some possibly treatable problem... time is of the essence.   DP is calling the gyn tomorrow to ask her what she thinks about the u/s results and to see if she'll agree to any more tests (blood or u/s or whatever!).  i'm trying to prepare questions DP can ask her, because otherwise, she'll just rush her off the phone with a "don't worry. we'll see about things in six months."  if you have any suggestions, i'm all ears (or eyes, in this case.)  

btw, i am sending you the warmest, most positive vibes i can for tomorrow.  i've been keeping up with your story, and i know you must be feeling freaked out, stressed out and worried, but i have a feeling that everything is going to be fine.  you've gone through soooo much, and you really deserve for it to work out this time.  *hugs*

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#244 of 318 Old 05-24-2011, 05:19 PM

Nos: a couple of things come to mind. First off, I would have DP ask how they know it's a cyst. Many times they aren't even sure, it's really just based on size. For example, if you get an ultrasound on CD3 (which is early in your cycle, no?) then a follie measuring 14 is an indication that it's more likely a cyst than a developing egg because of the big size. But at CD11 or CD14, it's more likely (at that particular size) to be a developing egg, not a cyst which is why I would question how they've determined a cyst? Are they using technology that allows them to see it's fluid filled therefore knowing it's a cyst? By the way, you can have a period but not ovulate. It's not common but it's possible and it's one of the first signs of PCOS.

At what point in your cycle are you finding that you ovulate? If it's around CD14, your follies make me think they are immature. So I would ask why do you think my follies are immature so close to ovulation? If they are saying with confidence that your 15.4 and 14 are cysts then that means your runner-ups are the egg and they seem really small. I would really push on that concern. Even if you find yourself ovulating at CD16-18, your follies (that aren't a size 15.4 or 14) seem too small. I wouldn't say you do know that you're ovulating. You don't have enough proof. You really need a pogesterone test after you believe you ovulated to see what your levels are. So this brings me right back to what makes them think those are cysts and not follies? If they have confidence you have cysts, and your follies are releasing an egg at a small size, you've got a problem. If you're ovaries are releasing the egg at 5-8mm in size, then you don't have a mature enough egg which isn't going to get you pregnant no matter what the excellent timing.

One random thought, if you're forced to wait the 6 months is there anyway you could not TTC (and save the money) and the minute that six months hit, claim you've been trying at home with a known donor and it's not working and get your tests? I know you don't want to wait (especially given your age) but if your system won't allow you to get to an expert and get the tests you need, you just need to figure out how to get to that point.

Do you have any signs of high sugar levels? Have you ever gotten tested for anything related to sugar? Is it possible to get tested independent of fertility? Signs of PCOS include: adult acne, difficulty ovulating (which could be your case, hard to tell), hair loss, some excessive facial hair, high sugar levels (you would need to get tested), higher than normal testosterone (you would need to get tested) and string of pearls on your ovaries (undeveloped or small follicles but lots of them).

At the least, I would speak up to your OB/GYN (or whomever you're working with) that in your opinion you exhibit signs of PCOS and you would rather get tested now instead of later. Part of it is making indication as to where YOU see a problem and letting them know. Otherwise they will just treat you like anyone else and just make you try.

You'll also learn a lot more once you chart your temps. Do you check your cervical mucus or are you only using OPKs?

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#245 of 318 Old 05-24-2011, 06:08 PM

Well, I'm finally back after a loooong haitus.  I don't know if I even recognize any of the names here! Last time I was here was in October or so I think. Lots of changes.

I finally got a good new doctor, and she's testing and treating me for a bazillion things! I'm already feeling a lot better, and hopefully my body will be in perfect shape to get some sticky babies next cycle. She even gave me clomid without blinking, and is going to have me try 100mg for next cycle and 150 for the following cycle if I need it (I tried my other 3 cycles on 50mg). Woot, no worrying about ordering it from Mexico, timing or lying about being on it lol.

And we're trying another donor. I loved the donor we were first using, but he's about 10 hours away and I'm reluctant about the cost and efficacy of shipping. The donor we'll be using now was actually our first choice (though they're both awesome for different reasons). He's been one of our best friends for 14 years, and lives locally. Interestingly he actually donated at our local hospital, like 30 years ago! So our kids will have several half-sibling who are about my age. I've briefly checked the donor-sibling registry and didn't see anyone who sounded related, but I'll probably register once we start trying. Back then I'm not sure if they did ICI or IUI, but he had fantastic success rates. However, he said his freeze/thaw rate were horrible (they did fresh donor insems back then!). Of course it's 30 years later now, and he's in his mid 50's and drinks a ton of caffeine, so I'm working on figuring out how to get a SA ordered for him and going to try to persuade him to drink a lot of water and get on some supplements and stuff.

So, I'm mid-cycle right now. My next cycle will probably start early June and then hopefully everything will be in place!

The one thing I'm wondering now, is whether or not I should consider a trigger shot. I won't be monitored for the clomid, but I have a lupron trigger left over from our IVF's I could use. I figure I'd just time it with my LH surge and help pinpoint the timing a bit more, plus help get all the eggies to pop.  Anyone have opinions on the pros and cons of that?

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#246 of 318 Old 05-24-2011, 06:40 PM

krista -- thank you so much for the quick, detailed response.  i'm going to take what you've said and have DP translate it so she can use it in her conversation with the gyn tomorrow.  as for the TTC, we're using two fresh KDs and doing everything at home (it's our only choice unless we want to fly to Denmark or Spain once a month...), so it doesn't cost us any money.  i do check my CM, and i have been getting some ewcm right before i get the peak.  i had a cone biopsy on my cervix last year, and i can't help but wonder if that's had some weird effect on my hormones, as i've noticed changes in my once clockwork-regular cycles since then.  no to the excess facial hair and hair loss; however, i have had a smattering of acne the last few months (highly unusual for me).  i'm going to see if i can get tested for the testosterone, blood sugar, etc.  a part of me hopes that the tech is wrong about the cyst and that it's actually just the lead follie.  i know, wishful thinking on my part....

a million mercis for taking the time to help me out!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#247 of 318 Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM

Hello all, regrettably I don't have time to do personals tonight, but wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone and toss some babydust out there. I triggered this morning and will insem tomorrow afternoon. Fingers crossed that these injectables did something good...promise to catch up with everyone later.

Krista, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#248 of 318 Old 05-24-2011, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gellybeangrl View Post

AFM~ We got another BFN...so we are moving on to IVF, we'll be back in the game early August...well that's when the transfer is tentatively scheduled.

Sorry about the negative greensad.gif All the best on the road to IVF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisedea View Post

Just writing in to say that I got a BFN. Still early so I will probably test again in a couple of days.

Yes! Test again....F/X for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgulbransen View Post

AFM: our big ultrasound is tomorrow. It's been very, very rough so I've just been quiet on all the boards. I'll be back tomorrow with the final word.

Krista

Good luck at your u/s....I hope it eases your mind heartbeat.gif

Afm: Thanks for asking about me nosreves and rainbowvally :) Nothing too exciting. I'm on CD11, low on the cbfm, cm has been 'sticky' and menses/follicular temps are a bit higher than I remember having in the past (but I never had a 25 lb snuggly toddler crushed against me on warm spring nights ;) ). I've been sticking with the extra B6 and chinese herbs in hopes of an earlier O and longer LP. I had acupuncture today which was very relaxing as well. Not sure what will happen....I've been a bit stressed the past few days and I know that's never good for ttc. I'm not too anxious about not being able to try this cycle....next cycle is just as good! Will wait and see what happens in the next week!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#249 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 AM

176952_1884720400659_1320862043_32132420_2359841_o.jpg72794_1678301840324_1320862043_31734952_6909447_n.jpgmy kids.. PIP, SCOUT AND SHELBY133522_1794639228686_1320862043_31972958_66919_o.jpg

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#250 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 05:43 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Onemommy—the changed sleep schedule is rough, for sure. Here’s hoping this is the last time you’ll have to do it!

MrsPP—I’m glad they’ve decided to be friends after all. Who can resist a puppy, though?

Krista—FX for a supremely easy and reassuring ultrasound for you today!

Rainbowvalley—he’s so cute! I love the smile! Also, ooo…1dpo. Isn’t it amazing how that can drag? Last time I realized that I actually eat the pineapple not because I think it will help (all evidence points to ‘no’ for me, clearly) but because it helps me count down the first part of the tww!

Nosreves—hmm..I don’t know where you’d begin, either. Except that here you can apparently buy anything on the internet at any time with no questions asked, or so it seems…Is there any chance you could do healthcare tourism and get some treatment in, oh, Bulgaria? Or even come back to the states for a few months?

Bunny—welcome back! No idea on the trigger (although I doubt I’d be able to not use it if it were me). Does your KD have any contact with his donor children? I’d be very curious to hear more about what relationship they have, if any. Clearly it must have been a positive experience if he’s willing to go through it again with you!

Carmen—LOL about the toddler messing up your temps by being too snuggly to get an accurate reading! Hopefully in a few days you’ll get all of the signs lined up just perfectly!

CANanny—I don’t know how you can possibly leave the house in the morning. Between the kitty asking you to take a nap and the two pups looking just adorable it must be quite a challenge. Have you been feeling any better? Did you take up the chiropractor suggestion that someone made? It’s amazing how helpful they can be.

AFM—off to the RE for my no-cyst ultrasound. Wish me luck!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#251 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 AM

krista, just popping in to wish you the very best at your u/s today.  i have fx and am sending the universe good vibes that you have wonderful news to share with us later. 

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#252 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

wow, I'm so far behind. Sorry about the slow updates, wont happen again! I guess I didnt get enough sleep on our trip and have been so tired the last two days! But I'm feeling pretty good today!

Our trip was really fun. Seraf posted a few pictures in the Q&P thread, a family picture, ari and I looking at shells on the beach, osha excitedly skipping to the beach, and sara and her fabulous belly! We left thursday afternoon and got in after dinner on Friday, We spent a lot of time at the beach and only minimal sunburn was had! The wedding was lovely, on a beautiful beach, at sunset, the bride looked great and the ceremony was nice and short! We left Saturday night, hoping to drive through the night but we only made it about an hour into Alabama and had to stop because we were so tired, Ari was yelling in her sleep and Osha kept trying to stand up in his seat and would get stopped by his buckle. 13 hours in the car is a very long time.

My month off is flying by. I'm getting ready to o. I'm thinking tonight or tomorrow (have to OPK to check and loook at my temps). I'm hoping Mr. June is a good one and that I have enough money to try next month! I'm working lots and trying hard to save as much as I can! I kinda wish I was trying in the next few days, but I can wait! Just four more weeks to try again!

Fingers crossed to all those waiting/testing/cooking. Cannot wait for more BFPs!!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#253 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 AM

It is very hard to leave , I luckily work 3 mins away so get to pop in on them often!!! I'm feeling tons better and wasnt able to go to chiropractor ...its pretty exp without ins covering...but I did go to pys therapy and will for next 4 weeks......

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyisa View Post

Onemommy—the changed sleep schedule is rough, for sure. Here’s hoping this is the last time you’ll have to do it!

MrsPP—I’m glad they’ve decided to be friends after all. Who can resist a puppy, though?

Krista—FX for a supremely easy and reassuring ultrasound for you today!

Rainbowvalley—he’s so cute! I love the smile! Also, ooo…1dpo. Isn’t it amazing how that can drag? Last time I realized that I actually eat the pineapple not because I think it will help (all evidence points to ‘no’ for me, clearly) but because it helps me count down the first part of the tww!

Nosreves—hmm..I don’t know where you’d begin, either. Except that here you can apparently buy anything on the internet at any time with no questions asked, or so it seems…Is there any chance you could do healthcare tourism and get some treatment in, oh, Bulgaria? Or even come back to the states for a few months?

Bunny—welcome back! No idea on the trigger (although I doubt I’d be able to not use it if it were me). Does your KD have any contact with his donor children? I’d be very curious to hear more about what relationship they have, if any. Clearly it must have been a positive experience if he’s willing to go through it again with you!

Carmen—LOL about the toddler messing up your temps by being too snuggly to get an accurate reading! Hopefully in a few days you’ll get all of the signs lined up just perfectly!

CANanny—I don’t know how you can possibly leave the house in the morning. Between the kitty asking you to take a nap and the two pups looking just adorable it must be quite a challenge. Have you been feeling any better? Did you take up the chiropractor suggestion that someone made? It’s amazing how helpful they can be.

AFM—off to the RE for my no-cyst ultrasound. Wish me luck!

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#254 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 08:47 AM

Well, here's the first good ultrasound news of the day (I hope there will be more as soon as it's reasonable to be awake in California...): No cysts! None! Nothing! Nada! So I'm hoping the nurse will call soon (ha. probably not til 4 or something, but whatever) and tell me what to do next--she said last time that if this worked they'd start me on clomid again, but now my cycle's all off so I have no idea when to expect the timing to be for anything.

Still, good news! And thanks for your cyst-shrinking vibes! smile.gif

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#255 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Great news prettyisa!!!  I'm so glad! Good luck with getting things sorted fast :)

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#256 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 11:36 AM

Love all the pix of the furry babies!  

Gelly:  I am really sorry about the BFN.  DP and I are going through our first IVF cycle right now. She is donating the eggs and I will be carrying. DP is finishing up week 4 of birth control pills and will begin the injectibles on Monday (5/30).  We are excited, scared, a little overwhelmed but mostly excited.  We are happy to share what we are learning along the way and please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any questions.  

Fivegrand:  It is so helpful to have someone on the board who has been through the IVF process before and even better that we will be going through it around the same time!  Where are you in the cycle?

Rainbow: Sounds like a great insemination experience.  Fingers crossed for you!

Krista:  Sending lots of positive thoughts and energy your way.  

Midwife: FX that those are all good signs!  

PrettyIsa:  That is wonderful news!  So excited for you!  Love the pups!

Lisedea: Hang in there.  Hoping the early testing is the culprit!  Love the new pup! So sweet!

Nosreves:  Hoping you can stay positive.  Maybe use the time off to do good things for yourself that will make the journey a little easier?  I wish I could find more time for yoga, exercise, meditation, etc.  The days just don’t seem to be long enough.

Cananny: So sorry to hear about the accident!  Glad to hear physical therapy is an option, at least.  Having done both that and chiro, I would say the benefits can be similar if your stick to the exercise program they give you.  

Onemommy:  Best of luck with the IUI!

MrsPP:  Your dogs are so sweet.  They are spooning!  I always get kind of choked up when ours do that J

Bunny: Welcome back!  Great to hear you have strong KD options!  Hoping your stay is short!

Qmama: FX that the trigger did the trick.

Sara:  Glad you had a great trip (I so could use a vacation!).  I have a feeling June is gonna be a great month!

AFU:  Injectibles start on Monday.  Retrieval is currently scheduled for 6/21 with transfer occurring between 6/24 and 6/26.  It is going to be a crazy month.  On a related note:  we are going to see a lawyer today to consult on our options for parental rights.  Apparently, our situation is “untested” in this nice conservative state.  Hoping we could both be recognized as parents but not holding our breadth given this bass-ackwards place.  Appreciate any prayers you are willing to send out to the gods of fairness and justice.    

And here is the requisite pic of our fur babies, Niko and Jack

jack_n_niko_say_thanks.jpg

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#257 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 11:41 AM

Hi all: Very bad news today. It's another blighted ovum. I just knew it. I really feel strongly that when I'm pregnant with the one that is going to stick, I'm going to have regular pregnancy symptoms and not go through this b/s where I'm questioning and knowing I should *feel* more.

It was a horrible ultrasound because for a second, he thought he saw a heartbeat but then it was just my own bloodflow. The sac measured a little bigger this time (6w1d) but the same thing happened, at about the mark of the size of the sac when it stopped growing is when my breasts stopped hurting so much.

For now, I have no bleeding or cramping so it's going to be a long waiting game. Last time I miscarried at 8w2d so I hope it doesn't go on any longer than that. I have to do the HCGs and all that stupid stuff.

We leave tomorrow for a vacation and celebration of my 39th birthday. At least we're going to a place I love and feel comfortable in.

I'm sure I'll be back here at some point in the future. Hope to see more BFPs in the process.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#258 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 AM

Krista, just coming in to say that I am so, so sorry. Hugs and healing to you.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#259 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Krista - I'm so very sorry. I hope your time away is a wonderful celebration of you - and that you are surrounded by comfort and love. I hope your body responds soon - and gently - so that you continue on your way. Many blessings!

Our family: mommy and DW mama our 5 yr old DD 'Z' and 2.5 yr old DD 'S' and waiting for (March 2015)

#260 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 12:07 PM

oh no krista!!!  i'm so very sorry for your loss.  :(  the universe is so incredibly unfair.  healing vibes headed your way.

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#261 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 12:17 PM

Krista -  I am so very sorry. I hope the time away brings healing and comfort. Hugs and peace to you.

Mad about DP with dog2.gif dog2.gifcanine children.

Proud auntie to 8 nieces and nephews.

TTC #1 since October 2010. 

#262 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM

Dropping to wish Krista many hugs, warm wishes for recovery and healing, and a healthy pregnancy in the near future.  I can't imagine the pain and disappointment of two blighted ovums in a row.  I hope your birthday brings you some rest and joy. 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#263 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 12:27 PM

Oh Krista. I'm so, so sorry. What a total unfair disappointment. Your intuition is impressively powerful, but I was hoping so much that you were wrong in this case and that everything was going fine. And I'm so sorry that now you have to wait for the miscarriage to begin. I'm glad that you're going to be in a place where you feel comfortable. I hope that you and your DP are able to take good care of each other during this challenging time. I know you'll make it through, but I also know how painful it must be right now.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

candle.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#264 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM

Oh, Krista. I'm so, so sorry you have to go through this again. As a multiple m/c survivor, I know that it's so, so difficult and I don't really know what to say to you except I hope you take care of yourself and let others take care of you too hug2.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#265 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Also, this is an older thread, but it may be helpful for anyone who has experienced a loss and is TTC:

http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1007069/queer-ttc-pregnant-after-loss

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#266 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM

Oh, Krista...I am so, so sorry. You're in my thoughts candle.gif

Kara (31) in luxlove.gif with DW Nicki (28) + dog2.gifOllie & Lola. TTC #1 - September, October, November 2011 & May 2012 - bfn

#267 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 01:23 PM

Krista, I'm so sorry. I was really hoping for good news for you and I'm so sad to read that it's this all over again. Take care of yourself, and your DP. We'll all be thinking of you here and saving a place until you're ready to return.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#268 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 01:30 PM

oh, krista... there just aren't words to express my sympathies... sending much love and light. candle.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#269 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 01:57 PM

I am so very sorry Krista. Thinking of you...

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#270 of 318 Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

krista: we are both so sorry for your loss! Thinking of you.

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page