Mothering Forum banner

Queer Conceptions - May 2011

15K views 317 replies 36 participants last post by  smilingsara 
#1 ·
Here it is ladies, a shiny new thread for all of us to graduate on! Let me know (in bold please) if you'd like to be moved! BEST OF LUCK!
goodvibes.gif

whistling.gif
Waiting to O

* MidwifeStephPDX

* Lisedea BFPChart2.gif

* Prettyisa BFPChart2.gif

* Carmen358 BFPChart2.gif

* cnmk14
* Maybeababy

fingersx.gif
Waiting to Know... Braving the 2WW

* Qmama42

* Nosreves

* Onemommyonemama

* RainbowValleyMama

* Cananny

* CrystalPerez

* Go_Vegan

baby.gif
Working on IVF

* Gellybeangrl BFPChart2.gif

* Alphahen & DP
* Mumquest

af.gif
Waiting for AF

* Smilingsara BFPChart2.gif

*SouthernFriedKarma BFPChart2.gif

om.gif
Taking a Break/Figuring Things Out/Waiting to be Ready

* mami2mami

* FiveGrandBaby

* MaxK
* Aljm41910
* Happycalm
* IrishBabies
* AmandaMom BFPChart2.gif
* Glados
* NAMW
* SwtRainbowBrite
* DesertSunset (August 2011)
* KSDoulaMama (May/June 2011)
* Serepartera (February 2011)
* Miss Scarlett BFPChart2.gif
* MrsPP
* Milletpuff
* ChiquitayyBFPChart2.gif chart1.gif
* Lyndzies
* DesertSunsets

2011 Graduates!

May * KellySF
banana.gif
* Kgulbransen
BFPChart2.gif
banana.gif

April * want2bmumx2
carrot.gif
* Indigoscot & DP
carrot.gif

March * Graceie
broc1.gif
* Seraf BFPChart2.gif
broc1.gif
* 2ezforyou
broc1.gif
*Mommy55
broc1.gif

February
* Escher12 BFPChart2.gif
joy.gif
*SharriKitColorado BFPChart2.gif
joy.gif
* DAWNMP1
joy.gif

January * Starling&diesel
joy.gif

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11

September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11

August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11

July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11

June * Coco & DP 2/14/11

May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11

April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32

February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP

January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December*
Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess

October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl

September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious

August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'

July * Hbog

May * Indigoscot's dp

April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen

March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4

February * Deny_zoo29

January * Jodybird511

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the new thread Sara! Could you please move me to waiting to o? Thank you!

#3 ·
Carmen: Thanks for the luck, I'll take what I can get!

Qmama: You're most welcome and consider yourself moved!

Kgul: I don't go for ultra sounds before I think I'm ovulation because they are mighty expensive, and I'd be going there everyday for like a week. I am relying on my temping and opk's to tell me when I O. We insemed yesterday (friday) in the early morning. I've stopped bleeding and my mucus is getting stretchier, so now I'm just monitoring it closely. My LP is anywhere between 10 days (which has only been once since I started charting) to 13 days (also once), so its usually 11 or 12 days. This last month it was 11 days. I'm thinking about the Vitex and B Complex if there is a next time. Where do you order them? When do I start to take them and how much?! Thanks in advance for your help!

Lise: Crosspost. Yes, I would be sad/happy to move you!

AFM: Just waiting to see if I get any more ovulation like symptoms, if not, I'll send this vial back, yet again.

#4 ·
Thanks for the new thread, Sara!

Just popping in to report that I went in for a beta test this morning (CD33, 15dpiui). I can call to get the results tomorrow...exciting and scary! I've been having some symptoms (sore boobs, mild cramping on and off, very tired, cravings for salty foods) but they could also be caused by the progesterone...no way to know. In the meantime, today I'm distracting myself with library homework, the farmers market, and hopefully a movie. Please cross your fingers for me!
smile.gif

Sorry no personals right now...this has been a long and tiring week at the new job. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

#5 ·
Hi Sara,

Could you please put me in the waiting to o section?

Well, after all this talk about Vitex (and me being a big fan of it) my naturopath has advised I stop taking it. It lengthened my LP from 11 to 13 days which is good, but it also lengthened my total cycle length from 28 days to 32. The bad part was, though, that I had the worst cramps of my life! I have always had very mild cramps, and these vitex-enhanced cycles were terribly crampy. I had to take a ton of Ibuprofen and was almost in tears!

So, the plan is for me to get a 21-day progesterone level and see if I even need to take anything; and then go from there. Anyone know what I should be looking for in terms of numbers? (I'll be having a coworker draw the blood and sending in the labs through my work, so I'll see the results before the doctor does) What number should I be hoping for?
wink1.gif

Good luck to everyone this month!!

#6 ·
Hi everyone -

I've been feeling less than optimistic since my embryologist sent me a picture of the three embryos they transferred. I don't know much, but I know these don't look great. The top left one is the best one I assume, and the middle one is the worst. Take a peek:

embryos.jpg

DP tries to convince me we have just as good of a chance this time as last time, but it's so hard to hold onto it.

Also, wanted to ask a weird question - has anyone ever had a nocturnal orgasm? Like, fast asleep, and then you wake up and you're orgasming? I have them once in a while, and I'm never dreaming about anything sexy that I can remember. The reason I ask is because I totally had one last night, and of course I'm not supposed to have an orgasm until there's a heartbeat when I'm doing IVF, but obviously I can't help when I have those! I'm not worried about it, because I feel like they tell you not to orgasm just as a precaution in IVF, but that it probably doesn't affect anything. Thoughts? Something interesting - the last time I had one was when I was pregnant last time - it wasn't this soon after the transfer, but it was definitely before the heartbeat was detected. What an awesome pregnancy symptom that would be! HA!

Anyway, good luck to everyone this month. xo

#7 ·
Midwifesteph: I'll move you in the morning, when I'm not on my phone!

Fivegrand: seraf says that she had that as A pregnancy symptom this time. So both of our fingers are crossed thatthat upper left hand one is phenomenal!

#8 ·
I hope you got some positive results today, kelly!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidwifeStephPDX View Post

Well, after all this talk about Vitex (and me being a big fan of it) my naturopath has advised I stop taking it. It lengthened my LP from 11 to 13 days which is good, but it also lengthened my total cycle length from 28 days to 32. The bad part was, though, that I had the worst cramps of my life! I have always had very mild cramps, and these vitex-enhanced cycles were terribly crampy. I had to take a ton of Ibuprofen and was almost in tears!

So, the plan is for me to get a 21-day progesterone level and see if I even need to take anything; and then go from there. Anyone know what I should be looking for in terms of numbers? (I'll be having a coworker draw the blood and sending in the labs through my work, so I'll see the results before the doctor does) What number should I be hoping for?
wink1.gif

Good luck to everyone this month!!
I think for a non-pregnancy cycle progesterone should be around 10 at that time but can be higher too [eta:http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html] . Dr. Google has lots of info on it ;) I'm going for the same test this cycle so will share what my number is :)

I've wondered about vitex now that my cycles are so whacky with DD nursing but I've heard so many stories of it messing things up if you don't have any issues to begin with.

5grand, sounds like a great pregnancy symptom to me! F/X for you!

Afm: Getting to the end of my ewcm today and I finally got a positive opk. CD27!! Yikes! Hopefully my temp will show some sort of indication of a shift so I can time my progesterone test. Getting nervous about our chances of trying next cycle.....not looking good :(

Thanks for the info on the monitor, indigo. That's what I sort of figured...I'm just a complainer about things like that. Did it detect Peak for you and/or your DP the first cycle you used it?

#9 ·
Carmen, yes we did. Then dp's got all messed up due to her thyroid and had no peak for a few months until her tsp went back to normal.

Fx for everyone testing or insemming or in the tww.

We have 2 more days in our 4 day wait for the next beta. Dp called her acupuncture dr and will make an appt next week. In other news we all went to a local festival and saw some great music. Now we are all home and exhausted....especially dp.

g

#10 ·
Question

DP is 9DPO and her O was late this time .. ( usually O around day 13/14 .. every month that we have charted) this month she did not O until day 19/20.. we insemenated 2 x...

today DP has light spotting.. AF is due wend.. I guess my ? is .. is it to early to test for pregnancy? i know its poss it could be implantation bleeding.. but we are not getting hopes up..

Anyone else deal with this?

#11 ·
Steph: I think Carmen's right about the 7DPO progesterone being 10 or higher. I know we've discussed this before on here, so if you do some searching you might be able to find some more information.

5grand: Hoping that that was a wacky pregnancy symptom for you! I've never heard of that before but it sure sounds more pleasant than morning sickness ;) Thanks for sharing the picture of your embies...they look beautiful to me!

Carmen: Glad you got a positive OPK! Maybe your cycle is just in a period of adjustment. How long are you planning to bf your daughter?

Cananny: I think 9DPO is too early to test. I'm a firm believer in waiting as long as you can to test, but I'm weird that way. I've never had implantation bleeding, but your partner is definitely in the right time period for that to be happening. KMFX that the spotting is a good sign!

AFM, I am still waiting for the results of my beta. They just said I could call "sometime today" but I've called twice and it hasn't been ready yet either time. DP and I both feel really torqued up about it. A walk around the city helped but each time I call I get extremely nervous. I just don't know how much more of this I can take. If I don't get a BFP this time, I think we might seriously consider adoption.

#12 ·
MIdwife- Please try not to take Ibuprofen if you can help it, it is counter productive for fertility. Acetaminophen is much safer.

5G- Yes you are right, the top left one does look the best. Were these three day embies? You know it only takes one and it's more about what happens when they get in there. Lets hope your uterine lining is just the perfect temperature and environment for those little guys and at least one nestles down in for a good long stay. Try to visualize that happening every day. I say your nightly orgasm was caused by the little bugger settling in!

KellySF- It was a beautiful day to walk around today! I took my big dog to two parks! I'm keeping fingers crossed for you!
fingersx.gif

AFM- I'll be lurking about here for a while. I'm not sure about inseming anymore, no news yet so you'll see less of me but I will silently be cheering you all on.
thumbsup.gif

#13 ·
Big temp rise today. We insemed with the last vial this morning, cuz my cervix was still open. It didnt feel weird or feel like anything at all this time. I'm feeling much more calm and hope this wait goes by quickly. I think there will be minimal testing in the house this time around!

#14 ·
Hello all...

I've been laying low this last week...I got a BFN (obviously), and I also got laid of (not so obvious)...that one came as quite a suprise. This weekend has kinda sucked...I started my follistem on Thursday. If things at work don't get better then this may be my last cycle for a while. I am trying to not panic and stay calm, because this could be the month and I am worrying about next month for nothing. <sigh>

I'd say more, but I just want to cry the more I think about it.
mecry.gif

#15 ·
Gelly,
hug2.gif
Getting laid off stinks, but you're right about the worry may be for nothing. Soon the worry will be supporting a pregnancy and child with no job. Try not to worry, tho. write down a list of all the positives (opportunity to find a better job, severence pay/unemployment while you search, an opportunity to prioritize and simplify your life, a little vacation between jobs) and keep it in your pocket for times when you feel stress rising up. Without dark we can't fully appreciate the light.

#16 ·
It's a BFP for me!!!!!!!!!!! My beta was 160 on Saturday. I'm in shock...was totally preparing myself for a negative result when I called this morning. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it too early to be cautiously elated?!

Sara, sounds like your insem went well. KMFX that you get your BFP this cycle!

Gelly, I think it's just wrong to get a BFN and get laid off. Thinking of you...

Hi to everyone else :)

#20 ·
gelly, hugs to you for the layoff, ugh. :( fx that you won't need to worry about any more insems after this cycle!! :)

kelly!!!! w00t!!!! what dpo was your beta taken??? 160 sounds like a fabulous number to me!!! congrats and stick to the pole little bean vibes headed your way along with the fun and groovy:

banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif
carrot.gif
banana.gif
broc1.gif

afu, dp decided to be healthy and eat a salad for lunch and said salad did not sit well on her stomach. no yarkage but she's definitely getting more nauseous by the day. at lunchtime today she had me run out and buy 2 more jars of claussen pickles. she's gone through 2 jars in 4 days already. i call that a craving!! tomorrow we have our third beta.

g

#21 ·
Sara--How is it possible that Mr. May has NO vials of ICI and only 5 IUI?? Ugg...we might take this cycle off....although, I liked him too. Outdoorsy civil engineer.
smile.gif
Maybe this is our month to try an IUI...eek!! Glad your last insem went well!!
*edited for update...they hadn't updated the computer yet...much more than just 5 IUI. ALSO...found out how they pick their "featured donors"...they are normally new donors (to get people interested in them) or retired donors (trying to get rid of the vials to move them out). Mr. May is retired.

Congrats Kelly!

Gelly--So sorry to hear about the lay off on top of the BFN... I like Seraf's advice...if I could "like" it like on facebook, I would!
smile.gif

#22 ·
CONGRATS KELLY!!!!!!!!!! SUCH great great news....

Gelly so sorry about BFN and a lay off.. so not fair :(

sarah fingers crossed this is the month 4 you!!

asu.. we are 10 dpo and spotting no more .. Yay.. hoping AF stays away

AFM I am battling a cold and its acting up asthma.. means breathing treatments and they are giving me really bad insomnia.. i am living on about 3 hrs of sleep and it is horrible Dp is sleeping in living room to hopefully not get this.. because of TWW she cant take any cold meds!!

#23 ·
Gelly- I am so sorry for your BFN! The job situation sure does not help. I am sending you strong vibes as you make your way through this difficult time. DP and I have been talking about how this process just seems so unfair and I feel that for you right now. It is very unfair!
duh.gif

KellySF- Congratulations! You must be elated and no it is not too early to feel that way!
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif

#24 ·
Thanks, everybody! The Kaiser nurse just called me to say that 160 is "a very solid number" for a first beta. I was 15dpiui when I took the test. I go in this evening for a second beta. Hoping that it doubles!

Indigo, it's funny the cravings that your DP is having. For about the last week I have been craving SALT like nobody's business! And my normally-quite-strong sweet tooth has been nonexistent. I can't get enough pickles, popcorn and salt. Also having some mild cramping and lower back pain, but no nausea yet :)

#25 ·
Happy May everyone! I just wanted to pop over to the new thread to say Hello! I have been lurking and I want to send out....
carrot.gif
broc1.gif
banana.gif
to all the BFPs that happened last month, and those to come this month! I also want to send a
hug2.gif
to all of the BFN, Miscarriages, and Chemical Pregnancies!

AFM: DP & I have decided to wait until November to start TTC again. We figure that way we can have a huge surprise for the Wedding if we succeed. We are going to see an RE just to get a better handle on things and then we are going to continue care with our Midwife as well. I will be lurking in the shadows cheering you all on
thumb.gif

#26 ·
Kelly-NEVER too early to be elated! Congratulations! I'm so happy it worked!

bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif
bouncy.gif
joy.gif
jumpers.gif
broc1.gif

Gelly-Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the job and the BFN. I hope the layoff is just temporary, and that you find the perfect new job for you just as soon as you get your BFP (you know, the one with the awesome benefits and mat. leave)!

5Grand-they look nice to me, too-I especially like their springlike green background! I hope they're settling in nicely! And if that isn't a pregnancy symptom it at least sounds like a good way to spend the TWW-much better than my whining and worrying regimen.

CaNanny-Ugh. I'm sorry about the breathing problems. But glad to hear the spotting is over! When do you plan to start testing in earnest?

Max-I love your new icon!

Sara-FX4U!!

Lise-are you hoping for more than 1 kid? Would it bother you to use different donors for them? I wonder about this sometimes-I think it probably doesn't make any difference but then I have plans to stockpile our guy whenever it works. Glad he's got more than 5 vials, though! It doesn't seem fair to sell out of your featured donor on the 2nd day of the month!

RainbowBrite-I hope the wait is relaxing and just what you need-and that in November your guys come out swinging so you can have that surprise for the wedding!

AFM-1st insem went well today. I asked for an ultrasound first which was very reassuring-my lining is up to 8.1, lead follie clocks in at 24. I took the trigger shot last night and she said it didn't look like I'd O'd quite yet, so probably sometime tonight.
The nurse read me the wrong info on the donor-apparently this month's hadn't been entered yet and she didn't check the date. I was totally disappointed in the crappy numbers again until she got to the end and read the wrong donor number. I sent her back and the new guy is MUCH better. 24mil, 18mil motile, 69% motility. Much better than the sad 25% from last time. We've decided that this is our guy come hell or IVF (which is the same thing, I gather) so I'm very relieved that his numbers are good. DP had to work today so it was just a trial run as far as I'm concerned-tomorrow is the big day! The egg will be en route and the swimmers will be primed and ready to go!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.