* Milletpuff
* ChiquitayyBFPChart2.gif chart1.gif
* Lyndzies
* DesertSunsets

2011 Graduates!

June    CrystalPerez  broc1.gif  * Qmama42  broc1.gif

May    * KellySF banana.gif  * KgulbransenBFPChart2.gif  banana.gif

April   * want2bmumx2 carrot.gif * Indigoscot & DP carrot.gif
March   * Graceie  broc1.gif* Seraf BFPChart2.gif   broc1.gif* 2ezforyou broc1.gif *Mommy55 broc1.gif 
February 
* Escher12  BFPChart2.gif  joy.gif  *SharriKitColorado  BFPChart2.gif joy.gif * DAWNMP1  joy.gif
January    * Starling&diesel joy.gif

2010 Graduates!

November * Mizyellow 7/25/11 * AmyPDX 7/30/11 * AmandaHope 8/3/11 * Cejae 7/4/11

September * Solejean 5/19/11 * Painefaria 6/5/11

August * Bttrflygypsy 4/10/11 * 2happymamas 4/15/11 * LibraryLady 4/15/11

July * Beastie 3/21/11 * Gumshoegirl007 4/2/11 * Wehrli 4/1/11

June * Coco & DP 2/14/11

May * Burg 2/4/11 * Korey 2/1/11

April * Calimeow * Mtnlisa * Kimlyn32

February * Mistral * Quasar & smartycat * Monarchgrrl * Erthe_mama & DP

January * Lyndzies * FtMpapa

2009 Graduates!

December* 
Osker * Megan sacha * Mkpgoddess

October * JJNoho * Mommies 2 Be * Megincl & Ktcl

September * Elismum1908 * KSDoulaMama * Pleasantlyfurious

August * Chicagoml * Wishin'&hopin'

July * Hbog

May * Indigoscot's dp

April * Kelmendi * KJM * Whoabethy * Carmen

March * Scalpel * Katwomyn4

February * Deny_zoo29

January * Jodybird511

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#2 of 195 Old 06-01-2011, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sorry its late, I forgot it was June!

BRING ON THE BIG FAST POSITIVES!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#3 of 195 Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 PM

Hi shiny, new thread! I think we're due for some BFP's around here! I've been lurking lately, trying to keep my mind off of this interminable tww. I am 7dpo and have another week2whistle.gif Hope everyone is well!

Cananny--Those symptoms sound great! Can't wait to hear the news!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#4 of 195 Old 06-01-2011, 09:58 PM

Thanks for the new thread, sara. I hope the threadkeeper's luck finds you on your next insem cycle!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#5 of 195 Old 06-02-2011, 05:23 AM

Thanks Sara!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#6 of 195 Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Hi! Sara, can you move me to WAITING TO KNOW, please! Both insems went fine. It was a little sad not having DP there, but mostly no big deal. They also changed their policy and won't give me the vials anymore, which I think is kind of strange. I know we probably won't do anything with them, but it seems like I should be able to have them if I want, right? Oh well, at least now I can finish that conception art I started working on a million months ago.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#7 of 195 Old 06-02-2011, 11:25 AM

Thanks Sara!  You can put me in the IVF section I suppose.  I start my injections on Thursday June 9.  Come on, one little ovary!  Work your magic!

Partner (35) and I (32) have been together since 2004, TTC #1 since 9/09 - 7 failed IUIs with KD

12/17/10: First round IVF w/ WTBK donor results in pos.gif ; 2/13/11 M/C after emergency surgery angel.gif  

Try #9 FET 4/11 - Negative.  Try #10: IVF 6/11 - Negative.  Next up: Try #11 FET 8/11

#8 of 195 Old 06-02-2011, 01:20 PM

I'm back, trying this again lol. Last week things went horribly with trying to finalize scheduling etc. with our friend/donor. I guess he's a great friend on every other issue, but this particular one isn't going to work. I'm kind of angry at our therapist right now for not seeing this coming (he had several sessions alone with the therapist and several with all of us together). After all that, and a year to get used to the idea, he completely flipped out on us. So we wasted the last several months trying to give him a chance. But I guess it's better to find out now and have closure than to find out after I got pregnant and put us and our kids through years of that drama and also risk passing on any part of that anxiety disorder that might be genetic!

The good news is that our other donor has come through for us yet again! We don't know him as well, and dread the time off work and 10 hour (each way) drive. But I think after all we've been through, we're now at the point that we don't just like him, but really LOVE him. He's been nothing but a wonderful support to us for over 3 years now, even when he's had all kinds of crazy things going on in his life. The more I know him the more proud I am to be able to tell our kids what kind of man their donor is and what he's done for our family. 

So if you'd like you can add me to Waiting For AF. I'm guessing my cycle may start this weekend, or sometime pretty soon. I can't believe we actually have things ready to try this cycle!!

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#9 of 195 Old 06-02-2011, 06:49 PM

Hello!

New here... I did lurk a bit in your May thread and I was so impressed with the warm/supportive community you created here... so I'm jumping in.  My partner and I lost our DD at full term last year.  We are currently TTC her sibling with the same KD at home. Looking forward to getting to know all of you.

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

#10 of 195 Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 PM

Ad astra--I'm so glad you joined us! I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. It is hard for me to imagine, but I know your sadness must have been profound. I wish you the very best with your new start at ttc and may your stay on QC be short and sweet!

Welcome.gif

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#11 of 195 Old 06-02-2011, 08:34 PM

Welcome.gif  Ad-astra

So sorry to hear of your  loss.. but you have come to the right place.. this group is loving and supportive.. welcome and hope your stay is short here in queer conceptions.....  

AFU

DP tested and BFN.. Still no AF.. but sigh... AF is dues tomorrow... This is hitting DP pretty hard this time around.. she said she feels like she does not want to keep doing this every month.. I just reassure her shes healthy, young and these things take time.. I have to give her space to deal with this.. AFM.. AF is visiting me for the 1st time in like 6 months.. 

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#12 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 AM

Welcome back, Bunny! Bummer about your donor but sounds like you have a great back up....you're very fortunate :)

asta: I'm so very sorry for your loss. I also can't imagine what you've been through. Welcome to the thread and I hope your stay is short and you are successful in ttc again :)

cananny: Argh for the bfn :( I don't know if it gets easier or harder as you go along....it just sucks overall!

Afm: I had a small temp jump this morning and with all my other O signs I'm going to assume I O'd yesterday! Please move me to tww! FF gave me crosshairs on CD18 but I'm fairly certain I O'd on CD20...I'm guessing it will change once I have a few more temps in. Cutting up my crazy expensive organic pineapple this morning :) ETA: Oh, I had my first pregnancy symptom....when I got out of the shower this morning DD was handing me my bella band...she must have found it in the closet somewhere, I totally forgot I had one! lol.gif

#13 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 12:40 PM

Welcome.gif Ad Astra! I'm glad you found us here. So sorry to hear about your loss, I can only imagine how difficult that must be. I hope your stay here is brief.

Cananny I know exactly how frustrating it can be, cycle after cycle. I'm sorry you're going through that. But still, it hasn't been all that long. I know it's hard to know what to expect especially when you see so many stories of it working the first time, or how much better fresh is. I'm fairly new to the thread, so I don't know your story that well. Have you tried any medical testing for your partner or KD?

Carmen358 that's a pretty adorable pregnancy symptom! I hope your DD is that incredibly intuitive and correct!

I have a question for everyone...would that be a QOTD? Of those who have taken fertility medications, what have been your experiences?  Especially for clomid -did it increase your egg quality or quantity, or change your O date or anything like that?

We started with male factor (my partner is male) and tried two unsuccessful IVF's with that. I responded great to the high responder protocol, and had many mature eggs. As far as we know (through massive charting and OPK) I do ovulate on my own regularly. I've tried three unsuccessful and unmonitored cycles with two different known donors, all on 50mg of clomid. Our insurance luckily does cover medications, but won't cover anything else infertility related, so all ultrasounds etc. would have to be out of pocket. I'm really hopeful that those cycles just didn't work because of health reasons I've now corrected. But I'm still really nervous. We've been TTC for over 5 years now. This is our last cycle to conceive while I'm 32, or birth while my husband is 45, and we want a large family, so time is a huge concern. I want to be on clomid for the increased chance of working, plus the increased chances of twins (hopefully not more than that!) but part of me is wondering if I might be better off on injectibles or something else, or on no fertility meds. We haven't had this donor sperm tested, but he has two "oops" babies born a year apart, almost to the day, so we're hopeful that his guys are pretty good swimmers.

TTC 5+ years, Please send us your dust.gif

#14 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Bunny: just weighing in with an answer to your question and some thoughts. I tried both Clomid and Femara and neither did anything for me (except dry up my lining which is common Clomid but not Femara which is where it happened for me). I'm 39 though and it's fairly typical that those meds do not usually assist women over 35. But they are good for women who have trouble ovulating on their own.

You say you believe you ovulate through massive charting so it's likely that you do but the true test would be progesterone check 7-10 days after you believe you ovulated. It is possible to have a period and not ovulate. But if you'd had IVF, you've got a good indicator of how your follies perform. When you did Clomid, you state your insurance doesn't cover ultrasounds but did you see how you responded? And how many mature eggs did you get through the IVF protocol? You're stepping it down using Clomid and you'd be stepping it up a bit if you used injectables but you'll never get as "high" as you did through IVF. You may only be producing one truly mature egg per month no matter what you're using unless you go to IVF again.

The donor sperm could definitely be an issue. It's hard to know. I have one donor that has 10 pregnancies and I think he's the one getting me pregnant but you can see by my siggy that something's not working. We may not be compatible in that when his sperm speaks to my egg, it messes up in the delivery of the message and provides a chromosomally abnormal situation.

What are the health issues you corrected? Have you done other tests to see what your FSH levels are or even your AMH? Have you confirmed that you don't have something like PCOS? Is it money that made you not go back to IVF again? And through IVF, what did they discover? Why do they think it didn't work?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#15 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 01:10 PM

Cananny- Sorry for the BFN. No af yet fingersx.gif it wont show up!

Prettyisa-Glad to hear your insems went well..Sorry about dp im sure she would love to be there.

Ad Astra-Welcome.gifhola.gifyou have found the right place these ladies on here are amazing!!

Bunny-wave.gif

Carmen-hope your tww goes by fast!!fingersx.gifFor a bfp in 2WEEKS.

Fivegrandbaby-Good luck with your ivf.

Sara-Mr.June? So when do you insem?

updates...all is well just got back from a vacation @ the Dells with the family...I LOVE MY FAMILY

blowkiss.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#16 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 01:51 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome.  We are shattered by the loss of our DD and all the dreams and hopes we had for our family.  We were completely blindsided as the entire pregnancy was well monitored and uncomplicated.  We still can't believe this is our life now.    We are willing to risk our hearts again in the hopes that one day they will expand along with our family.  We inseminated June 1 & 2 so is guess I can be moved to the tww - thanks sara.

Cananny  - sorry about BFN.  I found it really helpful to take a month off here and there and not be consumed with charting and peeing on anything in particular for a change.  We conceived our DD after 8 months, but on the 5th cycle of actually trying.  The time off might also make it easier to get some basic fertility testing done (just for a piece of mind) Day 3 blood work, u/s etc. 

Carmen358  - enjoy the pineapple... my DP is picking one up for me on the way home :) - good thing i actually like pineapples- do you?  DP and I love BC and visit often.  She has family in North Van, but we also spend fair bit of time off the mainland.   

BunnyLullabye- our original 1st choice KD also didn't work out... and looking back it was for the best as we could not be happier with our current KD.  He is incredibly supportive and convinced us that we cannot concede that being parents is blotted out of our future.     

good luck with your cycle, sorry i don't know anything about meds

qmama42 - thanks for your kind words, missing our DD continues to be a daily struggle for both of us.  Hope you 2nd week goes by fast!

how do i create a signature/description for the bottom of my posts?

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

#17 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 02:31 PM

AF showed her unwelcome face just about an hr ago...

Loving life with our triplet boys born Feb 24th 2013 at 34 weeks biggrinbounce.gif

#18 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Cananny-Sorry about AF!..So when or will you try again?

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

#19 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 03:22 PM

thanks for the warm welcome

I just composed and submitted a long post to all of you

a message popped out about monitoring and that my post will be reviewed before actually being posted - is that normal? who reviews / approves the posts? is this a censored forum?

#20 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad astra View Post

thanks for the warm welcome

I just composed and submitted a long post to all of you

a message popped out about monitoring and that my post will be reviewed before actually being posted - is that normal? who reviews / approves the posts? is this a censored forum?

??? never seen or heard about that before!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#21 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 03:53 PM

Let me have a look see.....

ETA: Should be all set with the missing post!

Sorry for the confusion!

It's Huddler's fault duck.gif

#22 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 04:02 PM

we will keep trying..so in a few weeks.. waiting for O now.. we are going back and forth about taking a break.. if we take june off.. we can see a new OB/RE in July when DP new health ins kicks in.. we are also debating using frozen IUI ready and having midwives or dr ( not sure ) do an IUI along with fresh .. Not sure.. We are a bit down this moth more than others ... for sure.. I had hoped switching to a donor that has amazing counts and high success rates would do the trick.. and it still may.. 

On a plus side.. we are going to attend Maia Midwifery class next sunday called Timing is everything .( Brill was a co founder of this place and we are so fortunate to live very close to them. I know Brill is no longer there but the woman who does run it sounds equally as amazing)

Best of luck to everyone else in TWW .. we really need some BFP here!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2mami View Post

Cananny-Sorry about AF!..So when or will you try again?

#23 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Ad Astra-That happened to our very first post back in Jan .but every other post worked ok..Your post should show up soon.smile.gif

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

#24 of 195 Old 06-03-2011, 08:37 PM

I'm so sorry to hear about all the recent BFNs lately. My computer is broken so I have just been following along on my phone (which wont let me post anything!)

But I would like to add a BFP to the group! I found out last Thursday that I am in fact pregnant.

After the initial happiness I have been just a nervous wreck (chemical pregnancy in March mc at 4w6d) but I was thrilled to make it to 5 weeks only to start spotting on Wednesday. I went to the ER and had all the usual tests done. I had a closed cervix, beta of 1633 (the day just before that I had beta taken and it was 989, is that a safe rise??? I know it is usually checked 48-72hrs and this was about 30 hours), the transvag ultrasound showed a gestational sac and (I thought) a fetal pole, but no yolk sac. The technician pointed to the little black dot and said it looked too small for 5 weeks and there was no yolk sac but when she zoomed in a lot she said there might be the beginning of one but it just might be because she zoomed in so much the resolution changed. When I got my paper work when I was leaving it said no fetal pole no yolk sac no heartbeat. I dont know if that was a mistake or what because she only said no yolk sac to me. After leaving I realized that according to O I was 4w5d so I'm really not sure what to think here. I have an appointment next thursday to try and find a heartbeat (according to LMP i'd be 6w1d, according to O 5w6d so I think finding a heartbeat is a long shot but I am KMFX that no more spotting and that everything is developing. Also at the ER I was told I have a "heart shaped uterus" which makes my pregnancies high risk, especially since I have already had a loss. I dont know how no one else never noticed that. Since the first incident of spotting (or spot I guess, it was only about a teaspoon) I havent had anymore. Well I am looking forward to any advice/thoughts I have missed them (especially Krista!)

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#25 of 195 Old 06-04-2011, 05:47 AM

congrats and GOOD LUCK crystal!!!  i have fx for you.  :)  do you know if they said it was a bicornuate uterus or an arcuate uterus?  i have an arcuate uterus that was initially misdiagnosed as bicornuate...and i was able to carry ds1 to term w/o any issues.

according to babymed hcg calculator, you hcg is doubling every 41.47 hours, so that looks great to me!!!!

keep us posted!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#26 of 195 Old 06-04-2011, 09:33 AM

good luck crystal!  and so sorry cananny...

welcome ad astra, and welcome back bunny!  much luck and baby vibes to you both goodvibes.gif

i don't quite remember what had been going on at the end of the may thread, so i'll have to do some personals later.  for now i'm just dropping in to say hello and for a quick update.

12dpo today and i haven't tested at all.  i feel pms-y, was cramping all day yesterday, headache, etc.  i keep feeling like af has arrived...but not yet.  i'm planning not to test unless af hasn't come by next tuesday or so--because it's so much harder for me to see tha "not pregnant" than just to bleed.  

i'm thinking of you all.

#27 of 195 Old 06-04-2011, 09:40 AM

ad astra--WELCOME!

cananny--So sorry about AF.

Crystal--Congrats and good luck!! Keep us updated!

M (30), D (30)  TTC #1 since October 2010. 13 unsuccessful cycles--no meds (2 m/c). First medicated IUI July 2012: BFN. Second medicated IUI: BFP! Triplets! bigeyes.gif Actual Due Date: May 17...GOAL: April 5th!

Sawyer, Elliott, and Miles arrived on March 24th @ 32 weeks & 2 days.

#28 of 195 Old 06-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Dropping in to give my best wishes to Crystal.  I really hope this one sticks!  And to rainbow, PrettyIsa, and the others in the tww, fingers crossed!  We did 10 months of IUIs with two different donors...it was really hard.  But my memories of (and emotions about) ttc are already starting to recede.  I hope this board sees lots of BFPs this summer! 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#29 of 195 Old 06-04-2011, 01:07 PM

Congrats, Crystal! I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :)

Afm: 2 or 3 DPO for me. I was just whining over on the ttc while nursing thread that my temp jump is kinda lame. It's definitely higher than pre-O temps but not a nice big jump. Oh well, time will tell. I'm already feeling pms-y today which isn't fun! If AF does show up, it may be as early as 8 DPO so it might end up being a shortish 2WW.

#30 of 195 Old 06-04-2011, 03:00 PM

Hi all!

I haven't checked in too much this week; been trying to lay low and distract myself.

Congrats Crystal!! So excitingl Hopefully yours is the first in a long chain of BFPs in this thread :)

Welcome, Ad Astra! I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss... I can't imagine how you feel. I've had a couple clients experience stillbirths and been witness to the experience, and my thoughts are with you and your DP. :)

AFU, we're enjoying the sunshine today! I have a cold but am pretending I don't. I did follow through on my decision to stop temping, and it feels great! We are on CD9 and haven't really decided the plan for this month. Pretty sure I'll POAS starting tomorrow or the next day, and just go by that. Since I've had so many months of temping showing the ovulation temp rise, I think I feel ok just assuming I'm ovulating. Our KD is so available, we might actually start the insems before getting the + OPK and do them every other day.

Also, it usually takes us 30 min- an hour to insem once we get the goods. Someone suggested doing it sooner would have better results? I always thought that within an hour was fine. What do you all think? I'd rather wait because we have to pick them up (so it's more comfortable to go home and do it there, obviously). Just want to make sure we're not waiting too long.

Me homebirth midwife (35) and DP (28) Mamas to the love of our lives, feisty toddler Lucie, and an aloof miniature poodle.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page