New to the site - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-02-2011, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey Ladies!

My name is Jess, partnered to Cori. We have been together 9, awesome years. I am due November 2nd with our second child. We lost our 14 month old son to a heart defect just over 2 years ago. So far everything looks okay with this baby's heart, but we go for a level 2 ultrasound at the end of the month and a fetal echo, just to make sure that everything is okay. We are excitedly planning a home birth and counting down the weeks until we are holding this bean in our arms.

So glad there is a little nook for queer parents on here!

#2 of 4 Old 06-02-2011, 06:05 PM

Welcome! orngbiggrin.gif

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#3 of 4 Old 06-02-2011, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Welcome, J3ssika ... So sorry about the loss of your son.  How very painful and sad and devastating.  I can't imagine.  Here's to a healthy little heart thumping towards being!  heartbeat.gif  Come on over to the Queer and Pregnant board and introduce yourself!  We love new peeps! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#4 of 4 Old 06-04-2011, 10:10 AM

J3ssica: Welcome!  I can't imagine what you've been through with your son and hope for a healthy little one for you this time around.  We'd love to chat with you over in Queer and Pregnant!  love.gif

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page