hi everyone...... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to introduce myself. My name is Alex. I'm 18 and bisexual. I have a disorder called CAH. It's got to do with a hormonal imbalance. I am lgbt in that I'm bisexual but that's it. I am not in a relationship with anyone. I am 16 wks pregnant. The guy I was with is with someone else and I know I've made mistakes and I am completely responsible for that. I was myself in a relationship not seriouslybut still with a girl. I regret what I am paying for that now. I'm not sure if I'm adoption or not. Also I identify as male technically not transgender becaause I have CAH a disorder that effects the sex I was born. Hopefully people can understand that but I will try to keep it out of the topic. Anyway this is all who I am. Hope it's ok I joined.
#2 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 01:32 PM

Welcome to the group.  I'm familiar with CAH, I did a lot of research on it six years ago when I dated a woman who has it.  If I'm understanding correctly, you're chromosomes are XX but you were born with some male and some female reproductive organs?  I know that is a very personal question so I thank you for any answer you feel comfortable giving.  I wasn't familiar with CAH until I encountered it in my life, so I'm guessing many people are like I was and don't know what it is.  To me, your physical sex is not as important as the gender you identify as.  But, Identifying as male and being pregnant is sure going to be an interesting experience!  Have you seen a doctor who understands CAH and pregnancy?  It seems like you are trying to decide on whether to keep the baby or find an adoptive family.  That is a tough personal decision and I hope you find the one that is right for you and your baby.

#3 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

I was born unquestionably male until 2 weekslater I was reassigned but internally I was born female. Overall I just feel like a guy. And look pretty much that on the outside. I haven't really lived as a girl in years. I was actually surprised to be able to get pregnant since dr. said that I couldn't without fertility treatment. Oh well. I guess it was really meant to be. I've considered anonymous adoption and maybe pareinting but at this point adoption seems more viable. I haven't known for a long time though. I'm giving myself time.
#4 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 04:38 PM

Yeh, I would have been surprised too!  What did the doctor say when you told him you were pregnant?  I've read a lot about adoption and it seems that open adoption is the most common and the most recommended now.  But, the birth parent gets to decide how open they want it to be.

#5 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 04:57 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

Welcome, Albafan.  Come join us over on Queer and Pregnant!  I think you'll find that we're a supportive bunch.  I'll PM ftmpapa and tell him to come have a look at your thread.  He's trans, but went through pregnancy as a man and might have some insight more keen atuned to your particular situation.  Take care of yourself, hon! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#6 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

well main thing was that it was probably a false alarm. I just got it confirmed. I guess it wsnt very likely it would've happened but it did. And that would be great what group is that?. I know I always hear a lot on open adoption it's just not what I want....
#7 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 05:22 PM

The other group is called Queer and Pregnant, you can search for it at the top.

It might be good to find a local adoption agency and talk with one of their counselors even if it's only a possibility in your mind.  If you feel like they are pressuring you, don't understand your situation, or if you won't be able to have an adoption that would fit what you want, then try another one.  It's important you feel comfortable with whatever decision you make.

#8 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

I think I found it.

yea I have my plans for adoption I think.....

#9 of 15 Old 06-14-2011, 08:03 PM

Hi Alex,  Welcome to our board! I hope it's helpful for you!  

I can't imagine being 18 and having an unplanned situation like this, much less having all of your unique circumstances in addition. I hope that you find our little group to be supportive and welcoming!

I too have some familiarity with CAH, so I hope that you feel at least mildly understood here!

K, H, and baby E (who is now three!!!)
#10 of 15 Old 06-15-2011, 06:01 AM

welcome alex!  all i know on cah is via some documentaries on tv but i do at least have a basic understanding.  we are here to listen, to support and to answer any questions you may have!

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#11 of 15 Old 06-15-2011, 11:21 AM

hug2.gif

familybed2.gifSAHM, military wife, momma to DSD 2004lady.gif, 2007angel1.gif, DS 2008jog.gif,  DD 2011 jog.gif

lactivist.gifintactivist.gifh20homebirth.gifcd.giffly-by-nursing2.gifphotosmile2.gif

#12 of 15 Old 06-16-2011, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

It tends to vary but we all have some basic similarities. thanks I can't believe so many understand. Thanks guys for the support and words of encouragement I really appreciate it. :3
#13 of 15 Old 06-16-2011, 08:55 AM

Welcome, Alex! This forum has been a source of great support for me. I hope you find some community here. Please let us know how we can support you.

A, partner to J, mama to O, now with a new username!

Building queer family since 2008!

(and oh, did i mention we're having twins?!?)

#14 of 15 Old 06-16-2011, 09:12 AM

Hi Alex and welcome!  You're very brave to come here and share your story.  It must be incredibly hard to identify as male and then watch and feel your body going through the very female experience of pregnancy.  Do you have a good support system (friends, family, etc.) to listen and just be there for you? 

Sending you warm thoughts and bisous blowkiss.gif

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

#15 of 15 Old 06-16-2011, 06:30 PM

Alex, a very warm welcome to MDC for you! orngbiggrin.gif

I do hope that you find a "home" in the supportive environment here.

Please let me know if I can ever help you with anything board related. Best of luck to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page