Queer Conceptions July 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 292 Old 07-15-2011, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennytuck View Post
**And speaking of crazy, my ovulation's been wonky this month (CD22ish instead of CD18 or so, although I'm not even sure because it hasn't shown up on the chart yet) and for some reason it's driving me completely nuts. Everything was going along swimmingly, and I was beginning to think I could really depend on my cycle to be consistent so there'd be less to worry about re: IUI timing...but it seems that's not the case. I've only been charting since March, and I ovulated late then, too---CD21---so maybe there's a pattern I just can't see yet? As the IUI gets closer I find myself getting more anxious about everything I can't control. We're imposed a strict "no Googling" policy to keep me from compulsively searching "false positive OPK."  Have I mentioned I'm totally neurotic? smile.gif

Jenny: what indicators are you using for charting? Temp and OPKs only? Something like 60% of OPKs don't work right. I can't quite remember if the stat is totally on, but the point is that for many people, they don't necessarily work properly. I did a bunch of testing to find the one that worked best for me and it was the Clear Blue Easy digital. If you're not using a higher quality OPK, you might want to consider it. And make certain you are testing twice a day. Once around 10am and once no more than 12 hours later (you could miss a surge otherwise).

It's good to be neurotic (although not to the point of destruction!) especially if you're doing IUIs. And especially if you're using frozen sperm. I really can't emphasis enough how important the timing is in this regards and makes it very challenging. But if you use all the tools you have before you, it's possible to get a very good idea of your cycle and whether it's wonky or not. Are you taking anything that is perhaps changing your cycle? Have you know your cycle to be inconsistent previously?

I wouldn't worry so much about a false positive on an OPK as much as I would make sure I'm using multiple factors to determine my ovulation. Remember the rule of three...when three signs line up, you will know ovulation is about to occur. It's not easy and some people can't find three but if you can, you've got a great chance!

Krista

me (40) DP (47) TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 6 at home w/ fresh
Short luteal phase, septum resection in Sept 2011
Jan 2011 a BFP! Try #11 angel.gif 8w2d (blighted ovum)
April 2011 BFP! Try #12 angel.gif 9w2d (no heartbeat)

Nov 2011 BFP! Try #14 angel.gif 8w0d (twins, no heartbeat)

June 2012 -- Moving onto IVF with PGD

#122 of 292 Old 07-15-2011, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Desert—you two are ADORABLE! And I’m definitely inspired to hunt down the next bout in town so I can get another fix—it’s been too long! Enjoy the respite—you’ve earned it! And the kids will appreciate coming back to rested and relaxed parents, even if they don’t show it.

Carmen—I’m sorry about the BFN. I still think it’s too early to abandon hope, though!

Jenny—I’m surprised it fit in ours! I was thinking about getting a ferris wheel or something next year, but that would definitely not be something we could squeeze in. Sometimes stress can mess with your cycle—maybe your anticipation of TTC is putting off your ovulation a bit.

Starling—thanks for letting us know your side of things—of course I hoped you would come over and say your piece. I think that if we do end up with more than we need watching the second half of your story unfold with your second child has inspired me to look for another family to donate to. Ideally it would be to someone that we knew (or could at least meet) who would be willing to have an ‘open adoption’ style situation so our kids could know each other and there wouldn’t be any wondering what happened with the donor emby babies. I don’t know how we’d go about finding someone like that to donate to, but I’m sure when the time comes things will become clear. I was surprised when I brought it up with my nurse how positive she was about us finding our own donor family—apparently it’s much easier for the clinic legally and they encourage it whenever possible, which is really reassuring!

Gelly—OMG, a wheelbarrow would be great right about now—can I borrow yours? smile.gif Glad to hear about the timeline, but boo to having retrieval pushed back! Still, better to have everything ready for those embies when they go back in so they can find a nice corner to settle into for the long haul.

AFM—things are going well. I’m looking forward to this being over—so I can be this uncomfortable for an actual baby instead of just babying my ovaries! I feel (and look) about 4 months pregnant—need to pee all the time, tired like anything, weird ligament pains. Lots of little follies in there growing away steadily—I’m waiting for the call from the nurses to know if I’ll be doing the trigger tonight or tomorrow.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#123 of 292 Old 07-15-2011, 12:37 PM

prettyisa- hope you feel better soon and all the discomfort will be all worth it

desert - great pics!

Starling - thanks for sharing your story

carmen- sorry about BFN, btw please move me to waiting to O

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

#124 of 292 Old 07-15-2011, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

11 DPO....my LP has consistently been 11 days (so far) for 3 cycles in a row! Woo hoo! I am seriously grateful for that at least.

I poas again this morning (stop me!) and checked it past the time to test....and there was a faint second line (earlypregnancytests internet cheapie test). It wasn't there right away (I poas, checked it right away and jumped in the shower) so I'm not hopeful it means anything but I have to admit it was exciting for a moment. I'm having SO much cramping/aching/pressure today it's gonna be a helluva AF when it shows up, I reckon!

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#125 of 292 Old 07-15-2011, 03:42 PM

Krista: Actually, I'm really glad I've been using all three indicators (temps, OPKs, and CM)---otherwise I would have been even MORE anxious! Because of the OPK and CM I was 99% sure I had ovulated, but because I accidentally slept late one day and had to discard a temp, my chart was a day behind in reporting. (It just said this morning that I O'd on CD21, the same as in March.) I haven't been charting long enough to establish that late Oing every few months is a pattern for me, but the fact that the EXACT same thing happened a few months ago puts me a little more at ease. I do know I'll be an OPK maniac these next two cycles---they're internet cheapies but they've always been right on, at least so far!

Isa: A Ferris wheel! I'm so jealous that you could even consider it! All we have in our (extremely tiny) backyard is a woodchuck named Elmer Charles. (Not a pet---we just admire him from afar. And name him, because we're weird like that.) And I know---when I asked my friend if she thought it was stress that messed with my cycle, she laughed and said, "You're so stressed you practically BUZZ." smile.gif  I'm constitutionally unable to relax, ever, so I think I'd have to be extra EXTRA anxious for it to affect my cycle. Best of luck with the trigger this weekend---hope everything goes well!

Carmen: Maybe tomorrow?? Hoping for you!

In love and TTC in August/September 2011!

#126 of 292 Old 07-15-2011, 04:29 PM

carmen - fx fx fx!!!

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#127 of 292 Old 07-15-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyisa View Post

AFM—things are going well. I’m looking forward to this being over—so I can be this uncomfortable for an actual baby instead of just babying my ovaries! I feel (and look) about 4 months pregnant—need to pee all the time, tired like anything, weird ligament pains. Lots of little follies in there growing away steadily—I’m waiting for the call from the nurses to know if I’ll be doing the trigger tonight or tomorrow.

Good luck, Isa!  I'm here cheering you on (and Gelly and the others, too!) and hope that your discomfort will be entirely pregnancy-related very soon.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#128 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 04:16 AM

eeeeeeeeek carmen!!  wake up and test already.  oh you are on the left coast, never mind.  lol, maybe when we get back from tiny t-ball you'll have and awesome update???

prettyisa, i have fx for you!!!!  and like amandahope said, i am here cheering all y'all on!  i read here regularly but post sparingly.  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#129 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 05:30 AM

Carmen - stopping by to hear some exciting news from you!!! Everything is crossed!

Isa - Lots of love your way too! Wishing the best for you too!

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#130 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 06:30 AM - Thread Starter

12DPO + FMU + internet cheapie test = BFP!

It came up within a minute!! It's faint and not as dark as my 10DPO BFP I had with DD but it's definitely there...no squinting or scrutinizing required. I tested at 6am, woke up my DP to tell her and now am trying to go back to sleep so I don't wake up DD (who is currently sleeping beside me as I type..shhhhh).

I'm VERY nervous and cautious. As I've said on here before I've had 2 m/c and a chemical pregnancy so I'm not a calm early pregnancy person unfortunately. I hope this one sticks around! I'll probably go for a  beta next week if AF does indeed stay away (it was due today based on my last 2 cycles).

#131 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 06:51 AM

YEAH!!!! I had a feeling Carmen! Stick baby stick!!!

Congrats!!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#132 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 08:52 AM

carmen, yay!!!!  that's so exciting!!!!  stick to the pole little bean!  :)  joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif joy.gif

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#133 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 10:43 AM

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifWoohoo Carmen!!! broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#134 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 11:00 AM

Eek! Carmen! So exciting!!!!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
Stick, baby, stick! sticky.gifsticky.gifsticky.giffingersx.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#135 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

CARMEN!  So exciting!  Wonderful!  dust.gif

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#136 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 12:02 PM

Great news Carmen! Congrats!!!joy.gif

A (36) DP (52), brokenheart.gif over losing DD at 38 weeks in 2011. Our rainbow1284.gifrainbow1284.gifboy/gril twins arrived in April 2012!

#137 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 01:08 PM

Carmen-Congrats on ypu bfp!fingersx.gifsticky.gif

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#138 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 05:59 PM

Carmen! Congrats!! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
I'm so glad to hear that it was too early after all! Good luck on a good beta!

Jenny--oh, man, now I'M jealous! I wish we had a groundhog to name! All we have are squirrels and an unseen cat that only comes through to use our garden as a litter box...Any pics of Elmer?

To all of you lovely lurkers--thanks for the support! It totally makes me blush! I'm hoping to have reason(s) to join you soon!

AFM--one more day of this mess. There are a bunch of little ones that the RE wants to try to catch up, so today I did 75ml each of bravelle and menopur to try to let them. We'll trigger tomorrow night, and schedule the retrieval for Tuesday morning.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#139 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 07:52 PM

Carmen: HOORAY!!! broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif One of my best friends just found out she's pregnant with her second today too...there must be something in the air!

Isa: Presenting Mr. Elmer Charles! He noticed us through the window just as I took the pic (apparently woodchucks have good eyesight), which is why he's looking so fierce and bushy.

010-1.JPG

In love and TTC in August/September 2011!

#140 of 292 Old 07-16-2011, 08:35 PM

Jennytuck..."Hey, you woodchucks....quit chucking my wood!" I love that commercial. Great pic.

Carmen~ Congrats on your BFP.... jumpers.gif broc1.gif banana.gif carrot.gif   jumpers.gif

Isa~ Hang in there...how many more days of stims do you have to take? When is your retrieval/transfer?

2EZ/ Esher~ How are you two doing? How are those babies doing?

AFM~  Anyone who is doing IVF...are you on BCP's? If so have you had any spotting while on them?

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#141 of 292 Old 07-17-2011, 05:29 AM

Oooo...Elmer and I are in love. I've completely ditched Alfredo! Besides, a woodchuck is way more my speed than a plastic bouncy pony... wink1.gif

Gelly--I took them earlier but had no spotting. I don't seem to ever get spotting, though, so I don't know if I'm a good person to compare to. I think it's normal if you haven't been on them before/lately. The retrieval is going to be Tuesday (unless she changes her mind, but I seriously doubt it) and the transfer either Friday or Sunday.

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#142 of 292 Old 07-17-2011, 05:37 AM

congrats carmen! broc1.gifcarrot.gif
banana.gif

carrot.gifbroc1.gif

banana.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#143 of 292 Old 07-17-2011, 09:37 AM

Gelly - I feel great! The little one is kicking like crazy. I think he might be part kangaroo! winky.gif I didn't realize he'd be this active at (almost) 21wks. It's amazing!

Think of each of you and cheering on from the stands!

Xoxoxoxo.

gellybeangrl likes this.

#144 of 292 Old 07-17-2011, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Originally Posted by prettyisa View Post

Gelly--I took them earlier but had no spotting. I don't seem to ever get spotting, though, so I don't know if I'm a good person to compare to. I think it's normal if you haven't been on them before/lately. The retrieval is going to be Tuesday (unless she changes her mind, but I seriously doubt it) and the transfer either Friday or Sunday.

Good luck on Tuesday! I hope everything goes smashingly :)

Afm: Thanks for all the enthusiasm, everyone! innocent.gif I'm having the same cramping/pressure that I had really early on with DD so I'm hoping that's a good sign. I tested again this morning with another internet cheapie and it's still positive. Not much darker than yesterday's but a bit. I'm going to pick up a digital 'pregnant/not pregnant' test today because DP likes to see it 'in writing' lol To be honest, we're both pretty shocked that it might be real. We're very cautious and keep saying "if" a lot. I'm hoping to go for 2 beta/prog. tests this coming week so that will tell us a lot more. I'll likely go for a 6/7 week u/s too....because as I said, I'm really paranoid in the first trimester. Aaahhhhhh I just want to get through each day at this point without AF sneaking back!! Thank goodness for acupuncture on Tuesday...

#145 of 292 Old 07-17-2011, 04:16 PM

Isa~ Good luck on the Tuesday retreival and for the Transfer...let us know how many eggs you get and how many embie babies you get!

2EZ~ Glad that you are doing so well and that your baby is healthy and kicking up a storm.

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

#146 of 292 Old 07-17-2011, 08:35 PM

Congrats Carmen!! So happy for you and DP! Could you move me to Waiting to O plz? AF came right on time.

Finally after 26 cycles we got our pos.gif

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***2ndtri.gif***36***40

Mom to Matthew(11), Brett(9), and soon Emmitt Parker! Now playing mom to nephew David (7)!

#147 of 292 Old 07-17-2011, 09:32 PM

Hooray hooray hooray!  Yay for CARMEN!  carrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gifcarrot.gifbroc1.gifwool.gif

Fingers crossed for a sticky little babe.  

Good luck on your impending retrieval and transfer, Isa!  You are in our thoughts.

Thanks for your compliments on our pictures, everyone!  You've made us blush ;)  This past weekend while the kids were in respite, we didn't have any plans.  At least, any plans that *I* knew about.  DW picked me up from work Friday evening and wouldn't tell me where we were going.  Come to find out, she was taking me to Laguna Beach, CA!  That's where we got married in 2008.  She's so good to me.  :)  We had a great time, it was lovely to be together in our favorite place, even if it was only for a short time.  

Naturally, while we were there, AF showed up for DW.  Of course.  Oh well.  DW's birthday was Thursday and that night we went to Harry Potter with some friends, loved it!  So then Friday, for her birthday, was when AF showed her face.  We were expecting it, and honestly since it's the last one before we get pregnant (positive thinking!) we were glad to have AF crash our romantic getaway.  

On our way back to Tucson, we were laughing about how since gestational age is calculated from LMP, DW is technically 3 days pregnant now... If we can manage to make her pregnant in a couple weeks.  Haha.  DW's cycle is usually 32/33 days long, so we expect her ovulation to be around CD18 or so.  

Carmen, would you move us to Waiting To O?

partners.gif Mom and Mama to our incredible new daughter, Everleigh Jane (9.1.12)! We have a blog, too!
#148 of 292 Old 07-18-2011, 03:51 AM

Carmen!  Yay!  You really are the poster child for threadkeeper's luck!  

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gif

broc1.gifcarrot.gifbanana.gifbroc1.gif

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#149 of 292 Old 07-18-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Seraf, I know!! It's weird but true!

Desert: Glad you had fun in Laguna Beach! I love it there too. DP and I spent her birthday there a few years back and it's so lovely :)

#150 of 292 Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 AM

Desert--we've been taking the weekly photos already--we're on week 3 tomorrow! smile.gif I know it's ridiculous, but I figure that since I'm already theoretically pregnant I might as well start the photos at the very beginning!

She's here!
And so are the boys!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page