Queer and Pregnant: July, August, and September - Page 19 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#541 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyisa View Post

The one weird thing I noticed is that when all of the babies were crying to be nursed I got these weird pains in my nipples (didn’t share at the party because it seemed strange to mention). I wonder if the plumbing has gotten all hooked up and practicing for crying babies in the future or something?

sounds like! wink1.gif thanks again for having us... DP says she's sorry she had to miss it... next time. smile.gif

seraf, i have a friend who did exactly that for a halloween costume a few years ago. smile.gif it was fabulous!!!

library, i may have mentioned on FB but [still] so sorry to hear of the fire. glad everyone's ok.

starling, sounds like you're getting close... thinking of you and yours.

wave.gif to all i missed...

AFM, ~NAK~ things are good, albeit the same as it's been... Silas won't sleep alone and won't fall asleep w/o the breast unless in the Ergo (but not always) or in the stroller (only sometimes) and he will not tolerate transfer. greensad.gif but he's awesome otherwise!! he had avocado for his first food on saturday, just shy of 24 weeks (today is 24w). he loved it!! we gave it to him in wedges with skin on and he did a pretty good job of eating some. he maybe ate the equivilent of 1-2 TBSPs.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#542 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 01:05 PM

Isa, yay for hooked up plumbing. I get tingling deeper back, but nipples sound like a good start.

AmandaHope, I also think 5 oz is GREAT.

Wehrli, the only way I could transfer Ari was to put a sling under her before I put her in the stroller. Then I could grab it up slowly and keep her in the same position. Then I would either lay her on the bed very slowly or hang the sling up so she was basically in a hammock.

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#543 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

library ... Thank goodness that no one was hurt!  Sucks that there is so much work to be done now to get it back up to code.  What a drag.

AmandaH ... You are a pumping goddess! I never produced *anything* for the friggin' pump.  That's why I'm saying f*ck it this time.  DD can nurse after the baby and do her bit in boosting my pitiful supply. 

isa ... We were looking after a wee newborn foster baby a fair bit in my first trimester and my boobs ached so much whenever he would cry. 

wehrli ... Might not be want you want to hear, but dd only went to sleep via nursing or in a sling or carrier for about 18 months.  We just went with it.  At about six months she did get better with transfers.  But by transfer I mean taking off the Ergo while she was still in it and laying her on the bed (stll in the ergo).  Not removing it.  By the time she was a year and in a back carry, you could do the same thing.  So the good news is that she did get better with the transfers.  If he's sleeping in a stroller, can he just stay in there, fully reclined?   

2ez ... meant to comment on your fabulous belly shot when you posted.  Now I can't remember if I did or not.  You look great! 

AFM:  Day three of tonnes of pre-labour ish stuff.  Steady, increasingly painful bh contractions, loose bowels, bowling ball between the legs feeling, severe lower back pain, prowling around like a cat looking for a good closet to birth in at night.  Still trekking around the city with dd, living up these last few moments with her alone.  Probably over doing it.  I want an equinox baby.  Can someone arrange that?  I had dd two days from now in my pregnancy with her (37w4d).  With her, I had no idea that I was in pre-labour, but now I now better.  I thought I was feeling a bit fluish and exhausted and had a bit of a tummy bug.  Duh. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#544 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

Wehrli: I'm sorry Silas isn't loving sleeping alone these days, but I'm glad that he is terrific otherwise. It's exciting that you're starting him on solid food! Do you have any new pictures for us to see? He is such a cutie.

Isa: Your queer baby party sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that you're feeling good today. I think you should make a ticker so I can keep track of how many weeks you are--I keep forgetting!

Seraf: I'm sorry that your back was hurting so much and that you have a cold. What a painful combination! I hope you're able to sleep better tonight.

Library: What a weekend! Yikes! I'm glad that everyone is ok and that Alice is feeling better.

Onemommyonemama: Hooray for movement! And for a free bladder! It sounds like you're definitely getting to a more fun part of the pregnancy.

QMama: I'm sorry you're feeling sick. That's no fun. I'm glad that you have plenty of sick days if you need them. Hooray for movement!

Starling: You're full term! You made it! Hooray! Are you feeling any more hopeful that you're going to get the homebirth you want? You're so close to meeting your baby!

Julietea: You're getting so close! I definitely feel too like I'm stepping into a void. I'm glad that you're feeling ok with that right now. It still is making me feel a bit nervous. But I guess we'll all figure it out somehow.

Crystal: How did the scan go?

AFM: I'm feeling pretty pregnant these days, as in I feel big and fairly uncomfortable. I'm finally starting to feel a slight sense of urgency in terms of getting ready for this kid (I'm going to be full term in only 2.5 weeks!), so I'm going to try to order diapers and some other supplies tonight. Work is suddenly feeling very tiring. Maybe I need to take some more iron. Or maybe I need to try to find a way to take naps. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#545 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 04:59 PM

speaking of photos - what about a belly pic escher??? :)

Our rainbow1284.gif family: mommytea6.gif and DW mama luxlove.gif our 4.5 yr old DD 'Z' notes2.gif and 2 yr old DD 'S' femalesling.GIF and hoping for baby.gif

#546 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 05:26 PM

Starling, I have been meaning to ask about your plans for breastfeeding, are you expecting better supply this time, I know your DD had a traumatic birth which could have hindered your supply, or are you going to be prepared with your lact aid? I'm thrilled to hear you haven't popped yet and he is still safely inside.

Escher, your bowels moving enough to even think about iron? I'm avoiding iron like the plague. I have been drinking a little coffee lately because I'm so tired. Studies have shown recently that smelling coffee is supposed to wake you up. Short brisk walks help me and there are supposed to be accupressure points in your ear lobes that help wake you up. I used to massage my earsto get through my first night of the week when I worked nights.

#547 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 06:55 PM

Seraf ... I'm bring the Lact-Aid nurser to the hospital with us, with some formula for worst case scenario, but hoping to get donor milk from the milk bank if necessary.  They haven't had a lot of extra donor milk lately, and what they do have goes to the NICU babies, so I can only get it if there is extra.  Fingers crossed!  I have no idea how my supply will be this time, but am thinking that it will still be low, but hopefully not AS low.  I've started fenugreek and blessed thistle as well, and have my domperidone Rx filled and ready to put in my hospital bag, if I ever get around to packing it. 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#548 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 08:06 PM

Starling: I keep hearing that most women have more milk the second time around, so I'm really hoping that you are pleasantly surprised.  And your DD nursing after the baby sounds more effective and WAY more pleasant than pumping.  Good plan. 

Isa: Funny about the tingling--I never had that, but it must be a sign of the hormones affecting the mammaries.  Interesting and exciting!  Thanks again for the fabulous queer mommy get-together.  It was so nice, especially since Lilah was reasonably happy and comfortable there and even interacted a bit.  She is getting to be more of a baby and less of a colicky newborn, and I'm so excited to get to know her better and to share her cuteness and personality with friends.  We could host the next gathering, if you think people would be willing to haul out here.  Wehrli: would you come?  It would be even further for you, I'm afraid, but if Jen were with you, at least the trip would be easier. 

QMama and OneMommy: Isn't movement incredible?!  So happy for you that all is going well.

Crystal:  U/s news?! 

Seraf:  Sorry to hear about your back hurting and sleeping so poorly.  What a drag.  Hoping you feel refreshed and revitalized soon (hmm..that sounds like an ad for a spa). 

Sara: How goes it, preggo girl?  Do you guys do anything for Rosh Hashannah?

Wehrli: Avocado sounds fun and delicious!  Are you doing any pureed baby food or sticking to whole foods?  I inherited all these fabulous baby food making supplies (steamer/blender thing, tons of storage containers, etc.) but am liking the idea of offering small bits of real food rather than blending everything up.  That is what my nieces did, and they are such good little eaters.  They love picking up food and feeding themselves.  As for the sleep difficulties, I'm right there with you.  I spent an hour trying to get Lilah to sleep this morning to no avail, but she was snoring within two minutes of my putting her in the sling.  Maybe 90 seconds.  She slept there for 3 HOURS.  At least I managed to get some work done.  She's in her co-sleeper now, though, thank goodness.  I should really get to sleep myself...

AFM: Took a lovely walk by the river today with DD ahead of me on her bike and Lilah sleeping in the stroller...until she woke up and demanded to be held in the sling just in time for me to head up the steepest uphill slope on the way home.  But I needed the exercise.  I'm loving the Maya ring sling (thanks to Craigslist)--she is more secure in it than my loose padded ring sling that I had from DD's days. 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#549 of 641 Old 09-19-2011, 08:47 PM

Isa- The get together sounds fun I'm kind of jealous! Thats interesting about your breast pain, I was holding my friend's newborn a few days ago and I thought it was funny my baby kept kicking right where her baby was on my stomach.

Escher- Sounds like its time to get ready! How exciting!

Starling- I agree sounds like good pre labor signs. I can't wait to hear more!

AFM... Its a boy!!! I'm still getting used to it but I have come a long way!! After our u/s we went and registered at Target and it was really fun. I never paid much attention to the "boy stuff" and I really like the stuff we picked out. He weighed 13 ounces and had a good amount of fluid. They said if anything is wrong they will call me within a few days so I'm just waiting for those few days to pass hopefully without a phone call. DP can now easily feel the baby move just about all day. He really moves A LOT. It was hard for the u/s tech to get good pictures because he was moving so much. I have gained about 5 pounds total now and everyone says I'm small for 5 months. I have learned I REALLY don't like it when people talk to me about what I should/shouldn't be eating or exercise. Mainly my dad, like he's ever been pregnant before or knows anything about it. Anyways here's a 20 week belly pic! It was hard to fit my face and belly in the pic lol

IMG00249-20110916-1240.jpg

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#550 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 05:41 AM

Starling, I think you sound physically and emotionally prepared, and I think AmandaH is right about the second time being easier. Speaking of donor milk programs, I should get some bags so I can this time around. I know about the benefits and I'm milky as hell. Someone should benefit from that. 

AmandaHope, yay for settling into a baby!  They are so much nicer when it doesn't feel like it's all a one way road. 

Crystal, cute bump!  I know what you mean about hating being told what to do and eat. YAY for a boy!  Soon you will be wondering why you ever preferred the idea of a girl. 

I feel lots better, thanks everyone. Last night I dreamed we went to japan and I was pregnant with 2 fetuses who were due 6 months apart. I was worried what would happen to baby #2 when I went into labor with #1. Then a little boy turned into a fish and swam away. 

#551 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 05:52 AM

crystal, cute, cute, cute! and nevermind those ppl who comment about weight/size/eating/exercise! especially if they've never been pg! i'm sure most of them mean well but i remember wishing those ppl would just shut up! you are doing a great job, mama!

AHope, i'd definitely be willing to consider it! smile.gif where are you abouts, (again?)?

Starling, i have really high hopes for you... but i'm glad you are so prepared in case your supply isn't "ideal". you are such a great mama!!!

Seraf, i wish that a sling would work for a transfer... nope. not here. though i did successfully transfer S into the cosleeper last night on the boppy pillow... he slept there for an hour before waking up in protest of being away from his boob. ah, well... DP and i got some cuddle time in, so it was a success... even if he was back in bed so soon. she fell asleep in my arms. joy.gif

escher, you are getting soooo close!!! holy moly! will you be sharing pics of the li'l one or are you altogether against posting pics of your life? redface.gif

some pics, at escher's request (in a spoiler so it doesn't flood the page):
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#552 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 06:00 AM

AHope, oh yeah... i forgot to answer... we plan on doing BLW. i'm sure we may mush up something at some point but i think it's such a good idea to just feed the baby what they can eat as it is. plus, like BFing, i get to be more lazy... lol.gif sorry to hear Lilah didn't go to sleep for you last night, aside from being in the sling. i'm betting you may just have to wait her out and she will get easier as the days/weeks/months go by. have i mentioned that Silas now goes down for most naps and sleep (usually) within 5 minutes? by just rocking and BFing! he just won't be put down (most times)... but we are working on that! smile.gif

Seraf, that's one crazy dream! i always love reading your dreams (and your family's)... i have weird ones too, and i remember them but they usually wouldn't be a very exciting story to tell all of you... or really anyone else.

AFM, did i mention that Silas is rolling around with intent on getting places? yup, he's all. over. the. place. love.gif

#553 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 07:03 AM

Wehrli, love those pics!  Especially the last one. We did zero mushed or pureed, except where that was part of the dish, like refried beans. I think Sara thinks the kids would be more likely to use utensils now had I cared about that earlier in life (I eat anything with my hands that I can, too). Sorry the sling doesn't work for y'all. Just remember that evolutionarily, he would be less likely to be eaten if he insists on being with an adult, so just pat yourself on the back for having such a smart baby (or, if you can't beat em, join em).

Isa, I was thinking about you saying how you felt when the other babies cried, I remember my mom telling me that she used to have to put chucks in her shirt, from the breasts down into the top of her pants because if a random baby cried she would leak so much the whole thing was saturated and she would rather leak around her waist than have an entire wet shirt. 

#554 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Morning all~ another lovely fall day today. Still loving my walks in the afternoon. Alice is getting so good about falling asleep in the stroller and then i can just walk and walk.

Starling~ It will be so soon now! I'm hoping you guys can hang on for a bit longer, but am also totally looking forward to new baby pix!!!  I'm also interested to see how your DD reacts to your new little one.  Quite a family you have! And thanks for the reminder to take my fenugreek...

Escher~ Take a nap. Take two naps or even three if you possibly can.  Store up the sleep now while you still have a chance!

AHope~ Hugs from a sistah with a non-sleeping baby.  Alice was such a fuss last night I finally gave up at 9 and just went and lay in bed with her. Even so, it took her half an hour to calm all the way down. She naps fine during the day for DP (swaddled with one arm free in the swing underneath the fan to give white noise and while holding her lovey bunny in one hand and don't depart from this formula or you'll get no nap!) but by the time I get home, she won't really nap (though she is dozing in the stroller more and more).  But she's lost the ability to fall asleep in my lap and be transferred to the co-sleeper. Ah well. I'm just glad I'm co-sleeping/nursing on demand or I'd get no rest whatsoever.

Wehrli~ Same hugs to you and your fussy li'l man.  I love the pix, though. And yay for avocado! We're doing BLW too, have already started giving her some stuff like refried beans and watermelon or baked squash. She has this little gizmo, a mesh bag we put the food in and then she chews on it through the bag.  She's loving it!  But yeah, nursing is certainly easiest!

Crystal~ Congrats on your little boy! It must be a big surprise, eh? But I'm glad you had fun registering for 'boy stuff'.  Great bump!!!

Seraf~ How's it going? How's Sara? 

AFM~ Not much. Just miss fussypants last night, and I couldn't find the snotsucker because DP is the worst person in the entire world for just putting something down and walking away when she's finished using it.  So her job today is to find the frickin' thing or else!!!    Thanks for all the good wishes about the fire. I think the trauma's mostly over, all the kitties found, etc, so everyone can start to move on.

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#555 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 08:32 AM

Starling: Just read of this book (on the blog The Feminist Breeder) and though of you:

"Breastfeeding, Take 2: Successful Breastfeeding the Second Time Around" by Stephanie Casemore

I'm really rooting for you.  Btw, I recently met someone (a queer mom friend of Isa's, actually) who is having serious trouble with low supply and a 6-week-old who isn't gaining weight.  Both moms are back at work already, too.  She is trying really hard to avoid formula, but I wonder if she knows about SNS.  Would you be interested in my passing on her email (after I ask her if that's ok)?  She doesn't read this forum. 

Crystal: Congrats on your healthy boy!  I was sure I was having a boy and took a while (few weeks) to really shift my thinking and feelings after we found out about her girl parts.  You'll get there.  And it will be awesome.  Given the ridiculous friendship drama my 9-yr-old girl is already having, you'll be thankful (on that front) later--trust me.  And you look fantastic!  Just ignore anyone who gives you unwanted advice.  They're just jealous that you get to grow a real live human in your belly ;-). 

Wehrli: We're in Geneva. And I'm just learning about BLW but want to know more.  Do you have a favorite resource, or it is just common sense?  Love the pics, esp. the avocado, though I have to say that he is even cuter and more charming in person.

After I tried to give Lilah her reflux meds at 4am, she choked and projectile vomited what MUST have been 4-5oz of milk. I can't believe she even had that much in her stomach!  Full wardrobe changes for both of us and an hour of cuddling/nursing later, we got a few more hours of sleep.  Poor thing!  She is actually falling asleep in her swing now. She's never done that.  Do I leave her there or try to transfer her to her co-sleeper (in the vain hope that maybe she'll eventually go and stay to sleep there)?  Hmm....choices, choices.

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#556 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 08:47 AM

AHope, I vote for leaving her in the swing... but what do I know?! I've been sitting here on the couch for two hour so the boy can sleep because he woke often last night and was up early. I'd rather have a well rested babe than a fussy one, I guess... I should probably stop complaining that he won't sleep w/o me though since I don't always try to move him. as for BLW, I follow a FB page (I'll send you a link or whatever) and I've been reading online via google searches, plus my doula turned friend knows all about it, but mostly it's about common sense. i am happy to answer any questions I can though.

library, we got the mesh bag feeder but he didn't "get" it... ah well.

#557 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 09:27 AM

AHope~ Leave her in the swing!!!  I know it's not ideal long-term, but Alice naps now, which she didn't before, thanks to the magic swing!  Sorry about the barf...

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

#558 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 10:00 AM

Yeah, I left her in the swing, but then she woke up after 20 min crying from reflux.  UGH.  I started eating some dairy yesterday to see what happened (only yogurt--and I'd had butter in baked goods over the past week), and I'm afraid that it is, in fact, making her spit up more.  I'll give it a few days to see. 

#559 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 11:24 AM

Library, I'm good.  Found my first stretchmarks of this pregnancy.  And if that's an official title you're giving your DP, I want to compete.  I bet I could take her.  I know goldfish with longer memories for where they left their stuff than I have.  Well, I don't know where the goldfish are anymore, but I am pretty sure I knew them once.

AmandaHope, What a crappy night!  I too would have voted to leave her in the swing.  I would have thought the swing would keep her up right enough.  I think the food thing is mostly common sense.  Ari's first food was nori, the kind you use to wrap sushi.  She loves it still.  Too bad the yogurt and barfing both happened, hopefully you'll at least have a real answer after a few days.

#560 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

Seraf: Congratulations on your first stretch marks! I don't really like how coffee tastes, but I'll have to try smelling coffee...

AmandaHope: I'm so sorry about your hard night. I hope you both (all) get more sleep tonight!

Library: I'm definitely considering getting one of those (totally unappealing) snotsuckers after your enthusiastic recommendation. I hope you are able to find yours soon! I wish I could take two or three naps a day. That would be amazing.

Wehrli: I love the new pictures! They are all incredibly cute, and I am especially in love with the one of him in the rocking chair and the super baby picture. What a sweet baby. I don't know if I'll post pictures of the babe on here, but I'll be happy to share some with you (and anyone else on here) some other way. As always, I'm just trying to be hard to find for my colleagues who I think may read MDC.

Crystal: Congratulations on your healthy boy! It's fun that you're feeling so much movement these days.

Onemommyonemama: I'll try to take another belly picture soon and PM it to you.

AFM: We have another midwife appointment tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that the babe's back is on my right, which is too bad, but I'm interested to hear what the midwives think. I've been doing my Bradley exercises and the spinning babies inversion, but maybe I need to try some of the other spinning babies exercises.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#561 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 12:40 PM

Escher: Lilah's back was definitely on the right for at least the last month, probably longer. That was her spot.  And she FLEW out.  I wouldn't worry about left vs. right, as long as the babe is anterior and head down. 

#562 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 06:02 PM

hiya!

Sorry I've been MIA. I've been SO busy working two jobs. And then we found someone to rent our rental so every free moment I've had has been up there working on that bloody house! I'm THRILLED her is going to rent it, starting October 1! It feels so good to finally be done with that place and to know Sara will be able to enjoy two months off of work with us at home! 

My new job is great! My bosses keep telling me how much of a natural I am (which I should be, after going to school for it and all). And they love how quickly I can fly through a class and get them all photographed, and so well! 

I have has a few crazy pregnancy dreams! One was the day after my BFP. I dreamt we were in a fancy concentration camp. Thats all I remember. The other was last night. I dreamt Sara and the kids and I, plus my mom, dad, sister and my moms two siblings and my dads dad and two of his three siblings all flew to amsterdam. We were going to smuggle FTC (it was a new kind of canibus pill) into the US. They were red gel capsul pills. We all had special pockets sewn into our pants (ari had 4 pockets, not two like everyone else). We ended up having to take two seperate planes over because there weren't enough seats. It was odd. I was VERY pregnant in both dreams too. Oh, and I had another dream, but it was a bad one (I miss carried in it). I keep also having these feelings of dark haired little boys in the dreams. Dunno what that means.

I'm feeling good. Feeling really hungry and sooooo exhausted. I've been feeling a bit queasy still, increasingly as the day wears on (worst being at night time). 

I'm 6 weeks today. I have a doctors appointment on Monday! 

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#563 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 07:04 PM

ahope: I have no plans for rosh hashanna. We were talking about doing something, but I think we're going to put the finishing touches on the rental so my friend can move in it! I'll probably have some apples and honey and think about religious school as a kid and remember that stuff. I used to go home for it, in college, but not this year!

DP to Sara, two crazy kids running around, lil dude born 11-1-11babyf.gif and the new guy is home !! babyboy.gif  (5/2/12)

#564 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 08:03 PM

I suck and have been TERRRRRRIBLE about keeping up with everyone lately. Sigh! Things are busy with work, plus DP is working a ton, which means I am a single mommy for the most part. DS is playing football 5 nights a week (3 practices and 2 games), not to mention homework time too. Whew! Anyway, thanks to everyone for the sweet compliments on my pict. I feel GREAT mostly. Getting more uncomfortable at night with sleeping and have a tough time catching my breath here and there, but overall - no complaints! I got back to the doc on Friday. I have a feeling I've gained a few pounds. whistling.gif

Library - I've been thinking about your family. I am sorry I haven't said anything before now. You've been in my thoughts.

Crystal - yay for joining team boys! There are some way cute things out there. Our little guy never stops bouncing around either. He's so active! Thrilled for you gals!

Sending lots of love and happiness to each of you. I promise to do much better on personals!

AFU: We had a 4D ultrasound today and it took blew my mind!!! Little mister wasn't interested in being cooperative. Of the 25 minute appt, I'd say we actually saw his whole face less than 20 seconds. He kept his right hand/arm over his face the whole time. He reallllly enjoys showing his privates too. Silly boy! Here are a couple picts. The first is what I call his 'pouty face'. At that point, he had had ENOUGH!

Pouty Face.jpg

Face.jpg

Me (35). DP to S (39) ; Mommy to DS: J (6), Furball Pupps: L (10) & S (1) dog2.gifand a new little baby boy arriving on/around Dec 2.1sttri.gif

#565 of 641 Old 09-20-2011, 08:32 PM

Crystal--Congrats on the boy! How exciting for you and DP!

Library--Sooo sorry to hear about the fire, but I'm relieved for your family that everyone is safe.

2ez--Love the pics! Super cute little one you've got in there!

Sara--Great to hear from you! I hope you aren't feeling too bad and are able to get plenty of rest. Those weird hunger pamgs shouldn't last too much longer than the first tri. That (along with the nausea) was my biggest complaint in the beginning.

Gotta go, DP is standing over me waiting for the laptop. Will check in again later. Goodnight!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#566 of 641 Old 09-21-2011, 06:51 AM

Good morning!  School picture day here in the library, so it's extra noisy and chaotic. Nice!!  But I don't care, because there was new Glee last night and that makes me smile and smile.

EZ~ Amazing pics!! The pouty face is so cute! How come you didn't treat us to a snap of his naughty bits?!!?!?   I can't get over how folded babies are in there. I mean, they have to be, obviously, but then when you really see just how scrunched and compacted they are it's remarkable.  I mean, the moment Alice came out, she looked to big to have ever been inside my body. It really is wow.

Sara~ Sorry you're feeling ill, but it's par for the course, I'm afraid.  Good job on finding a tenant. Money and less hassle is always welcome, especially when you've got a family growing as fast as yours!!

Starling~ News?!  Won't be long now...

Not much going on here~ just wanted to say hello.

#567 of 641 Old 09-21-2011, 07:31 AM

Morning all!

Escher, I don't like the taste of coffee.  I used to work in a coffee shop and I love the smell, tho.  My favorite way to drink coffee is half ice cream and half coffee.  Or half hot chocolate and half coffee.    Mmmm.  Mostly I just do about 1/3 milk, and lots and lots of sugar.  LOL, I think you're a healthier eater than I am, tho.  Tea has caffeine.  I don't think it really helps in the long run, but I'm sure going to use caffeine to get on the road so early tomorrow morning.  I think baby having his/her back on the right isn't a big deal.  R still does full rotations.  I'm happy when she's head down and anterior.  I don't like when she tries to stab something out of my belly button.  

Isa, I usually have boring dreams.  I usually only talk about the baby dreams on here.  I usually skip the dreams like last night where I got a job working for Elvis stocking vending machines and then the kids and their friends came into our hotel room/home covered in pink hair dye and mud and got mud all over the bed.

AmandaHope, I forgot to mention, I think "they" say that the baby has to fall asleep in a location to draw a sleep association.  I participated in sleep training the first set of twins I nannied for.  Their mom wanted me to put them in their beds awake but very sleepy.  They took a bink to fall asleep.  It worked, but they were a bit older than L and I never found that I wanted to be home as much as babies need to sleep, so I was happy having the sling/carseat/stroller as positive sleep associations.  Osha was napping in the stroller when his sister was born, to be honest.

Sara, when you going to post a belly pic?

Qmama, hi!

2ez, he is so squished!  I know that intelectually, but man oh man is it funny looking.  What a cutie.  And 5 nights a week?  Dang!

Library, Sara is invading some school talking pictures right now, too.  How far are you from Little Rock?  I know it's a different state, but if it's a quick day trip, maybe we could get together or meet someplace.  We're going to be there around the end of December and we will have a mere 3 kids at that time.

Not a whole lot going on here.  I'm about to start planning the drive.  Yay!  Need to see if I can find some fun stops between here and there.  The kids are excited and Sara is planning to pack tonight so we can get on the road early.

#568 of 641 Old 09-21-2011, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Starling: Jeez you are so close!! I am glad you are getting enjoy some alone time with DD before the new lil babe comes. Everything changes and is really tough at first but I can tell you that at 2 months in I am really loving having both of them and Lennon is sooooooo in love with his brother. You just gotta get through the 1st 2 weeks really. I can't wait to see pcitures!!!!! Lots of them!

Ahope: I am so sorry Lilah's spitting up isn't getting better, it is frightening when they spit up SOO much. Those pictures were so cute. She is such a chunky little beauty! Are you using cloth? I couldn't remember. We just ran out of sposies and have switched to cloth and am having a tough time getting a good fit on his legs. I am not woman enough for prefolds and we are having some leaks.

Wehrli: What a doll. His hair is truly amazing. I am kinda jealous

Crystal: As someone that actually cried in the ultrasound when I founmd out my first was a boy I can tell you, the 2nd the babe comes out you wont care if he has 2 penises! I am so grateful to have 2 boys. Mama's boys are the best and now boys clothes are SO cute. It is just as much fun to dress them up. Congrats!!!!

Ez- Awesome belly! You really are all belly!

Escher- you are getting so stinkin close! Do you know what kind of diapers you are going to use? Are you birthing in a hospital or at home?

AFM: Ugh I hate how little time i have to obsess on mothering now that I am working. I  have truly mastered the art of typing and breastfeeding my neck suffers pretty hardcore.

Harrison is amazing, still going epic lengths in between poops but it doesn't seem to bother him too much. Chels is doing well, she is recovering better than I could. She is amazing. Lennon is going through a bit of a rough patch with sleeping. He has all but stopped putting himslef to sleep and is having bad dreams at least 3 times a week. I sometimes lay in his room for an hour or more before he falls asleep. I am not sure how to address it, I want him to feel secure but sitting there every night is tiresome and frustrating. any advice?

Work is kicking my butt. Plain and simple, my brain is sooo not in it and I loathe working right now. I am trucking along though!

Screaming baby alert! I MISS YOU GUYS!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#569 of 641 Old 09-21-2011, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Wehrli—every time I read ‘avocado’ I want one. Going to have to go searching after work…

Seraf—it was more like right behind them, but in that general vicinity. I hope I don’t have to keep things in my shirt like that! There’s already too much in there as it is, if you ask me.

Starling—Think you can hold out two more days?

Escher—I’m sorry you’re so tired. I’ve got nothing for you in terms of advice, but lots of sympathy!

Ahope—well, you know we’d come! We’re about due for a trip out that direction as it is (I’m trying to figure out the perfect apple-and-pumpkin picking time, but it’s harder than I anticipated this year with so much going on at work).

Crystal—Yay! Congrats on your baby boy! I have to say—for all people like girl clothes there is nothing cuter than a little guy all dressed up and ready to go! And you look great! Tell your dad that the next time he’s pregnant he can give you advice—til then, you’ll do what feels right to you!

Library—school pics must be so funny to watch if you’re not involved. Do they still use those cheesy backgrounds (I think in 2nd grade they had a woodland scene and a little chunk of fence we were supposed to lean on)?

Sara—I’m so glad you like your job—and that they like you! I got a fancy-schmancy camera this weekend and I’ve been too nervous to even mess around with it (and too tired, I’ll admit). Going to try to break it out and actually, you know, take some pictures this weekend—I’ll try to channel you while I do it! Oh, and yes, apples and honey and not much else is how we always celebrated Rosh Hashannah when I was a kid. Sometimes I still have it as a snack at other times just because I like it so much!

2EZ—Awww…he’s so cute in there! Glad they got a couple of his face for you!

AFM—not much. I got to tell one of my college friends last night about the pregnancy. It was fun because she’s 34 weeks pregnant with twins herself, and said she was so excited to talk to someone else who’s also having a baby. Trying very hard to get through my list of important people who need to know before I just tell facebook and am done with it, but no one is answering their phones anymore, so I may resort to email instead just to let them know ahead of time so they can feel at least a little special. That’s about it. Nothing I own fits right, and maternity clothes are mostly too big still. Planning some emergency wardrobe interventions this weekend to try and fix things!

She's here!
And so are the boys!
#570 of 641 Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 AM

Full term today. Yipes.

Escher… my sense of peace in the void comes and goes. Today I’m good, but the other day when I read your response… not as much. More of a “oh, s**t” day that one. :o) I’m in the same boat as Seref… can’t take iron right now. I tried taking a while ago and it didn’t decrease my fatigue… just gummed everything up. Do you have a cast iron skillet? I cook in that a lot and get some extra iron.

Werhli… sweet, sweet pics!

Library… I’m glad to hear Alice is feeling better. Brave woman for trying the snotsucker, and now we all benefit knowing that the worst won’t happen with it.

Seref…congrats on the rental. I hope it takes a load off of your mind.

Crystal… very cute belly and how exciting that you’re getting a ton of movement. It was so sporadic for me until week 30 or 32… a couple of days with a ton or movement, and then she’d turn and a couple of days where I could feel very little. Now it’s an everyday bouncefest and I’m enjoying it.

Starling… hope you’re feeling well today and enjoying the short time you have left. Excited for you that labor looks to be close at hand… hope that helps with your homebirth plans. It looks like we’re both at 37w but I got nothin’ (in pre-labor action). Some increase in BH, but I think that’s because the midwives have me on Dr. Christopher’s birth prep and a fair amount of primrose. I thought the baby had dropped but now I don’t think so. No indication that this kid is coming out too soon. Quick question on feeding… I’ve got the Lact-aid ready to go in case the BFAR situation rears. But, what I don’t have is any sense of formula if my supply is really low and she needs it. You mentioned having some ready. Do you have any recs for type or brand? I guess I should have a little something on hand.

Amanda… glad your evening out went so well! So sorry about the continuing reflux and your continuing dairy elimination. Boo for no cheese.

Smiling… glad to hear the new job is going well. It sounds fun! 6 weeks… wowza!!

2EZ… love those pics. We got 4D only at 12 weeks when you couldn’t really decipher much for some reason and haven’t seen her that clearly since. Wow, they are scrunchy. A midwife pointed out how resilient they are this week… able to be all scrunched up for so long then to squeeze on out. She said it always cracks her up how fragile we think they are when they’ve gone through all of that.

Yellow… sorry you even have the think about work right now. Can’t believe it’s been two months already.

AFM: thanks all for the placenta encapsulation information esp. Qmama with the description of the process. Ah, I wish DW would do this for me. But, she’s having a hard time psyching herself up to change a diaper and gagged when I described the encapsulation process. Sigh. I don’t know that I’m going to feel up to this project after the birth. But, it looks like the going rate it $250. Still trying to decide if I’ll do it. My office may be closing this fall and I may be out of my decade long job. Yipes… so spending extra money right now is not a great idea. If I can find someone to remove the membrane (again, not going to be DW) and cut it up, maybe I’ll go the smoothie route.

Feeling good. Work is slowing… thank all things good for that. This Friday evening we have our home MW visit and my sweet friend (our doula stand in) and our cousin (who will be around during the birth) are going to be there during the appointment. I love the MW doing the home visit and hope she’s the one there for the birth. So, it will be nice to have my possible labor team assembled at home and prepping.

Mama with my beautiful wife blowkiss.gifenjoying our new little love, R, born October 16, 2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page