Queer and Pregnant: July, August, and September - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-25-2011, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

oh wow, what a birth story ahope!!  one of the kids i was at high school with was born in a taxi, so i thought lilah was going to do the same!!  welcome to the world lilah (love the name!).  :)  afterpains are something i should probably warn dp about then, eh?

phew, what a baby rush these last few days!

gumshoe your daughter is ADORABLE.  :)

afu, crazy busy saturday visiting dp's family (great nephew turned one, nephew turned 19 (although he was off getting a tattoo so we didn't get to see him)) and dp's old school friend who was down from wisconsin.  her parents have a pool so it was a blast.  several other high school friends of dp showed up too, including the boy she dated in 4th grade...who is gay!  lol!  he's a sweetheart.  yesterday was catch up on chore day for me and since the boys didn't get much sleep on saturday they were overtired and driving me nuts.  poor dp threw up this morning although it seems the nausea is at least becoming manageable at this point.  fx for that.  we have an ob appt on wednesday.  ds2 is 18 months and he has a check-up tomorrow.  ds1 turns 4 in a couple of weeks!!  dp and i are taking off that day (it's her birthday too) and going to have a nice breakfast and see the harry potter movie.  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2011, 12:39 PM

Here is a link that should work for some photos we just got in the hospital room.  Please let me know if it doesn't work. 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM

Ahope, Yellow, and Pigirl CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Such beautiful (and hectic) stories and beautiful babies!!!!

It took me awhile to catch up around here theres been so much going on it really has been raining babies! LOL

I made it to12 weeks! My pregnancy is now public knowledge!

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

Old 07-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Wow, Amanda!  What a great story!  Lilah will love it, then be embarrassed by it, then embrace it, all in the span of her youth.  The pictures are spectacular.  You all look gorgeous.  Your dd looks utterly besotted!

Congratulations!

Welcome to the world, Lilah Nyx

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:51 PM

CONGRATULATIONS to our wonderful new babies!!  Alice is super fussy (like, all the time...) so I have only a moment but I wanted to say WELCOME TO THE WORLD and hooray to our new moms!!

AHope~ Lilah Nyx, what a wonderful name for a fairy girl! And what a story!! Krazy!! And what gorgeous photos. SO happy!

PiGirl~ Quite a different story for you, and I'm so glad your boy's hear safe. Can't wait to see him and learn his name.

Love to everyone~ sorry I haven't time for more xoxoxo

Writer girl~notes2.gif~runner girl~jog.gif ~three cats~ cat.gif~ one dog~ dog2.gif~  and the wonderfully red-haired Alice Meredith, born April 8hearts.gif   

Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 PM

Ahope-Wow what a birth story.

love the pics

Pigirl-Congrats!Cant wait to see pics.

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
Old 07-25-2011, 08:22 PM

Congrats Ahope and pigirl! I am so thrilled to hear that your babes are here safe and sound! Beautiful pics too!

Crystal--Glad to see you back! I've been wondering how you've been doing.

Library--Please tell me that you're getting some relief from the heat! It's been up and down in the Pacific NW. Hopefully you, DP and Alice are staying comfortable.

Indigo--Here's to hoping that DP's nausea will soon be gone for good! Sounds like you had a great weekend.

I'm woefully behind on other personals, so forgive me (plus I'm afraid to navigate off this page and risk losing the post). Thanks to all who continue to send me healing thoughts about dealing with m/s. Every time I think it's getting better, I get hit all over like a ton of bricks. I'm trying to stay upbeat, but it is seriously starting to break me down. I feel inspired when I see cute baby pictures though, so keep posting! Still haven't told our 3-year-old but am waiting to hit that 12 week mark.

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:13 PM

Just thread crashing to say Congratualations AmandaHope on your newest addition Lilah Nyxjumpers.gif ...I soooo love her name. Irene (my DP) says congratulations and she is jealous of your beautiful baby...she loves her wavy hair and her super round head. Happy babymoon to you and your family! Congratulations again!!!

joy.gif

Lela (39) & Irene (54) TCC  #1 stillheart.gif ! Mom to furbabies Bruzier (Chorkie), Diesel (Min-Pin), and Giovanni (Chihuahua).dog2.gif

Multiple ICI's, and IUI's...2009-2011....BFN's

1st IVF August 2011....BFN

1st FET March 2012....BFN

2nd IVF July/August 2012....

Old 07-26-2011, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

AmandaHope: Congratulations! Hooray! Welcome to the world Lilah! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif
That is quite a story. What an adventure! And what great pictures. It's so exciting that you're now a family of four!

Pigirl: Hooray! joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif I'm so glad that you had a great team to work with. Impressive pushing! I hope that you are now settled happily at home!

Mizyellow: What sweet pictures! I hope that nursing and everything else is continuing to go smoothly.

QMama: I'm sorry you're still having such a hard time with the morning sickness. I hope that it gets significantly better for you soon!

Crystal: Congratulations on 12 weeks! That's a fun milestone.

Indigo: It's exciting that you have so many birthdays and half-birthdays in your family around this time of year! I hope your OB appointment goes well.

Gumshoe: It sounds like things are going well. I'm glad that Addi is such a joy. What a cutie!

Seraf: Thanks for the link to Penniless Parenting. It was neat to read about why she likes living in a smaller space. She is amazingly frugal. While I agree that toilet paper is not a necessity, it is a luxury that I'm not likely to give up anytime soon. Are you thinking now that your little one is a girl?

Julietea: That sounds like a great weekend! How did the GTT go?

AFM: I'm suddenly having trouble with hip and lower back pain when I sleep. I guess my belly has gotten big enough that it is pulling me off balance? I'm experimenting with pillows, but I haven't found something that works well yet. It seems to help some when I do the DVD Prenatal Fitness Fix with Erin O'Brien, but I don't really want to be doing that at 5am--I want to be sleeping!

Hey, and when does the third trimester start anyway? I was thinking maybe 27 weeks, but I really don't know.

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 AM

AmandaHope, yellow, pigirl wishing you all love, peace and joy this morning.

Mami, have you told the kids yet? Have you had another doctor visit since those blood tests?

Indigo, I would recommend a heads up. I had no warning about after pains. Mine were worse than labor last time (hence my obsessive intrest now).

Crystal, yay for 12 weeks!

Qmama, *hugs* the exhaustion will let up soon.

Escher , I have 1 more post than you! I think you're in the third trimester when pregnancy starts to make you sore. Lol, just like you're in the first trimester until the nausea lets up. Yeah, she is really frugal. I can sing some praises for doing away with toilet paper, but that's a rather personal choice (for the record, we have tp). I have no idea if I'm having a boy or girl. I say she because so many people call anyone of unknown sex "he.". You havin any feelings? I have had lots of girl dreams, but I have also been wrong with both the older kids.

Sara's sister said something about my only having 3 months left. I have more than that, but holy cow, not by much! I feel pretty good still. Just started sleeping with a pillow under one leg recently. I'm leaking milk more often (mmm wet shirt) but generally enjoying the pregnancy. We all play with the baby. She will prob be a lot less man-handled in a sling than in my belly. And even less so once she can fight back. We got our bed on the floor, which is nice because its making me move more and I'm more able to reach the flor than I was a week ago. It's hard to imagine that it Will cool off before the baby comes. I figured out my new sewing machine, so I have been sewing away. I don't seem to be finishing projects, but I sure am starting a lot!

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
Old 07-26-2011, 09:13 AM

AmandaHope and Pigirl - congrats to you both! And hooray for quiet and/or quick labors! How are you each settling in after a few days with a new little one?

Escher - I have one of those crazy pregnancy pillows that's shaped like a giant upside down U, and takes up almost 2/3 of the bed - but these days I can't imagine sleeping without it. 

QMama - I bet you'll feel better in a week or two. I think 11 weeks was my turning point. 

Crystal - congrats on 12 weeks! What are people making of your exciting news? 

AFM: Still pregnant. Doing crazy nesting things like making DP pull the dryer out from the basement wall so I can disassemble it and vacuum the lint from the inside. Midwife appt tomorrow, going to ask when we start things like acupuncture to get this show on the road. Family hits the road from MN on Friday and arrives in 9 days, baby or no baby. 

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 AM

AmyPDX, looks like your next huh? People took my news really well. I posted it on FB and a few people texted me and DP and said, Is she really pregnant? My dad said Congratulations........ Are you really? A lot of people ask how. I felt kind of bad because 2 friends of mine posted on FB the day after about how they feel like everyone else is having babies but them and they want to. I figure they are thinking "Even the lesbian is pregnant". So I offered my fertility knowledge because turns out they are both trying with no luck.

Qmama- I'm glad your still chuggin along! You are almost to relief, you should be feeling better very soon.

Seraf- I call mine a she for that reason too. (And because I'm really hoping for a girl)

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Old 07-26-2011, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Good afternoon ladies,

Ahope: Oh my god she is lovely, as if DD#1. Those eyes! Your family looks so happy, I am so happy and proud for you. Hope everyone is settling in well.

Pigirl: Names? How are things in your neck of the woods?

Escher: Oh the lack of sleep in the last trimester, I honestly think it is more frustrating and awful than with a newborn. At least with a newborn you get to stare at a gorgeous face all night long while you aren't sleeping. Do you sleep with white noise?

Mami: Your pregnancy is moving right along, how are you feeling?

Amy: getting so close! You must be getting excited.

AFU: We are doing well, I have had a few uterine issues but other than that just enjoying my family. I am feeling pretty useless with Lennon but he is enjoying his bossie time so I am trying to just let them have fun together since she will be returning to work soon. Harrison is getting so fat already, he nurses like crazy and is quite demanding and vocal about it! I just can't stop staring at his lovely little face. And crying at his beauty. Ah hormones :)

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
Old 07-26-2011, 06:51 PM

Seraf- We do not shield our kids from anything in this world and they are equally a part of our decision making. They have been our strength through all of this. I was in the ER a few weeks ago (nothing major) and they asked us if we wanted to know the sex of the baby. We declined and are holding to that decision. We do however already own every neutral colored outfit and pajama there is. We did see the doctor today for the first time since the blood test and he finally gave me a copy of my medical record to take to the new doctor we have found. He did mention there were other tests we can do, such as an anatomy scan. Not sure if we plan on doing it because for the first time in a while we are at peace. How is Sara doing on her journey?

Mizyellow- I am feeling just fine aside from the fact that this baby is an expert in martial arts already. The baby is constantly moving and really likes to lay right behind my belly button. (Ouch!) DP finds it hilarious that even in my sleep I'm jumping around because the baby will not stay still. I think the only time it does sleep is when I am walking around. I did think that I was not gaining enough weight but according to the scale I stood on today I have gained 12 lbs. I think that sounds about right. We have made the decision to move into a bigger home and the move is scheduled for Saturday. Lucky for me all I have to do is supervise. We still believe that all the kids need their own space and are excited to decorate the nursery. Hope all is well with you, Harrison, DP, and Lennon.

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
Old 07-26-2011, 07:06 PM

ahope, what a beautiful family you have!!!  dd1 is stunning!  :)  love lilah too, what a cutie and all that hair.  :)

seraf, i let dp know.  she said it's ok she will deal with it.  :)

ds2 had his 18 month checkup today.  the ped has deployed a new computer system which isn't running smoothly yet, so we were there for 2hrs since everyone was running behind.  ugh.  and i was solo today because dp has a deadline.  anyways, he did great with the shots, hated being measured and weighed and pooped in his diaper while we were there (smart me brought a spare, plus wipes, plus a small wet bag from daycare, w00t!).  he continues to be a very.large.boy - height: 35.5" and weight: 30lbs 2oz. 

in other VERY exciting news, dp felt a kick from the outside this evening.  of course i was too far away to get in on the action but i'm hopeful i can catch one soon!  squeeeeee!  i first felt ds2 at 17w2d (yes, i have it written down, not that i'm a geek or anything, lol!).  our friend mom at daycare has her gender scan tomorrow and we can't wait to see what she's having.  :)

in daycare news, the state investigation has wrapped up and we are waiting for the official report.  the corp office of the daycare franchise got back in touch regarding our letter of complaint and the vp of our region wants to talk to me due to the "serious nature" of the issues.  i really hope our actions can improve things - i've talked to other parents (the majority of the people with kids are in my dept so i know most of them) and there are 7 others who are not happy with the way the daycare is being run and 5 do not plan to stay for the preschool room.

amypdx - all eyes are on you now!  :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
Old 07-26-2011, 10:34 PM

Yahoo!!!!!! Welcome babies!!!

Pigirl... so many congratulations to you and yours! Ooch, spinal headache. I hope you're feeling better and in babymoon land. Amanda! Welcome Lilah Nyx! Love the name and the spelling. I hope you're all relishing these first few days and that your swift birth was all you desired. I'm so happy for both of your families.

Mama with my beautiful wife blowkiss.gifenjoying our new little love, R, born October 16, 2011.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 AM

Wow, Indigo ... dd weighs 29 lbs at 2.5 years! I thought she was pretty average? Can't say that I've been keeping track though.
And kudos to you for handling the pooplosion!

That's right, Amy ... All eyes on you!

AFM: at a cafe, supposed to be working on the next round of edits from my publisher. Fiddling with my iPhone and planning my labour playlist instead.
Pride is this weekend ... My mom is sleeping over so dp and I can to out with friends to dinner and then the after party for the Dyke March (day before pride).
Last chance to get out for a awhile! Dd and I are having an awesome summer with just the two of us while dp is at work ... Yesterday we went to a free outdoor concert from spectacular tribal trance DJ and his group, Ganga Giri, who i saw at Burning Man and we danced our butts off.
Not sleeping at all. Escher, we should set up middle of the night chat sessions!

More later! I should pretend to do these farty edits. So not into it.

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
Old 07-27-2011, 10:59 AM

Hi, everybody.  I feel so far behind on the thread!

Seraf: Thanks for your sweet words.  What a lovely way to wake up!  I'm glad you and the family are enjoying the pregnancy--that's wonderful. 

Crystal: Congratulations on 12 weeks!  That is fantastic, especially after an early loss.  What a relief!

Starling: I know exactly how you feel.  In the last few months, work got harder and harder.  And the labor planning seemed more and more inviting.  I'm grateful that we listened to at least a few songs of the play list before things got crazy on Sunday.  That concert sounds glorious, and it is great that you are getting such quality family time this summer before the family changes.

Amy: GOOD LUCK!  Wow--if you really want to get things moving, might I suggest castor oil and nipple stim with a pump?!  JK--no need to rush things along if you are feeling ok.  Your nesting is truly impressive.  I can't imagine disassembling appliances. ;-)  Remind us what your plans for the birth are?

Pigirl: CONGRATULATIONS!  I'm thrilled that your little guy arrived safely, that you and your midwives worked through what sounds like some difficult calls, and that you were able to get him out of there without surgery even though his position made it tough.  Pushing for hours must be exhausting to the bone.  Are you super sore?  Did you tear at all?  I had a few "skid marks" and did get two stitches, and I'm definitely feeling it, though not to the point of needing more than a few ibuprofin.  How is the nursing going?  I'm remembering today how shocking it was when my milk came in with my DD1.  I hope you are adjusting ok.

Yellow: We did it!  Brought second children into the world and our families in ways that felt right to us.  What differences are you noticing this time around?  It sounds like Harrison is a champion nurser.  I'd almost forgotten how intense it is when the milk comes in.  I thought mine was in yesterday...until I woke up in the middle of the night, rolled over, and practically fell out of bed from the weight of them.  SHEESH. Just when the belly (starts to) shrink, the bbs get monstrous.  Even my DD1 was shocked.  And Liliah can only nurse if I do a lot of compression, which isn't exactly relaxing...though I'm grateful that she is such a good nurser.  How are your nights going?  Our good sleep seems to start around 3am, when she settles in for at least 12 hours of sleeping and stirs only to nurse.  But in the wee hours, she gets gassy and fusses quite a bit.  Now that my milk is in and she is almost through the meconium, I'm hoping her digestion picks up.  She is usually so peaceful, though, and I experienced complete bliss when I put her in the Moby for the first time yesterday.  With her sleeping snuggled against my chest and sighing into my neck, I feel like I can do this--move her from inside to outside--without struggling with some of the anxiety and loss that I felt when DD1 was born.  It is amazing what a difference the births make.  Even though this one also ended up with some shock value, I did it on my terms in my body's own way without any of the feelings of helplessness that I felt when I was induced with DD1.  And there is not a shred of doubt in my mind that had I not had the exact midwives that I'd had, I would have had a repeat of DD1's birth this time around.  And this time I would have been even more devastated, because it was my last chance.  I am sorry that I didn't get to have a peaceful waterbirth (after two failed attempts), but I can let go of that much more easily than a repeat unwanted induction. 

If there is one piece of advice that I'd give every pregnant person, it is to choose your care providers with profound care, and switch if you need to.  Doing so was the best medically-related decision I ever made.

Whew--thanks for letting me process all of that!  I hope I'm not boring you all to tears. 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 PM

Amy, family might just be around for the birth, Eh?

Crystal, just out of curiosity, why do you prefer a girl?

Yellow, hope you feel better soon.

Mami, it's amazing how different they all are, I couldn't feel movement above my belly button until this week. My kids are shielded from plenty. Lol.

Indigo, he is a big boy! Ari is only 41 inches and she will be 6 in a few weeks.

Starling, what is on your labor playlist?

Hope you girls with new babies are doing well.

ETA, AmandaHope, reading about your days with your new family and baby brought me to tears, but they weren't boredom induced. I so loved snuggly babies in wraps.

Sara had an interview for a 3 - 3.5 month job. I'm very hopeful she gets it despite the fact that I could go into labor while she is working as far away as 2 hours I told the baby if she gets the job, I'm expecting the baby to come on the 4th in the evening, that would make it a Friday night and it would work well.

Old 07-27-2011, 01:23 PM

MizYellow: The crying--I've burst into tears several times already, and I'm just not someone who usually cries easily, so it is really disorienting.  Most of the tears are happiness, gratitude, etc, but I'm also getting super overstimulated and overwhelmed, especially by my in-laws.  They were just here for a lovely lunch that my mom made for DP's birthday today, and I barely kept it together.  I started crying the second the door closed behind them.  They  make small talk and chatter constantly, and I just want peace and quiet.  Ironically, given how desperate they are to help however they can, the one thing I need is the one thing they are constitutionally incapable of giving. I don't blame them, but how do I tell them to please leave us/me alone?  I'll talk with DP about it tomorrow--don't want to rain on her birthday parade when it is already so overshadowed by Liliah's birth.  

Seraf: Seeing babies in wraps was the one thing that made me sure that I needed to have another baby.  If my back holds out, I may be wearing this little girl for years.  YUM.  Exciting about Sara's possible job, but I'm really hoping you don't end up delivering the baby entirely on your own.  Even the strongest need a little help, no? 

Mami: I'm glad you've felt peaceful about the pregnancy and hope you can make that feeling last however you need to.

Ok--of for a nurse and nap. 

Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 PM

AmandaHope, I would not be alone. My mom works 10 minutes away, my ex would even come help if I asked. I could not physically catch Ari, I would like help. I imagine Sara would like to be there for the birth of her first child, and I would like her there. I went into labor at 4:26 pm with the first 2 and I am hopeful that happens again.

Old 07-27-2011, 04:37 PM

Seraf- I mostly just want a girl because I helped raise my two little sisters and have never really been around baby boys. Never changed a boy diaper! I babysat a lot also after I turned about 11 and it always seemed to be girls when there was a baby. I would just feel like unprepared or something. Although I guess thats ridiculous now that I write it out LOL. Another reason is DP really wants to circ and I see no point in it. But if we don't circ then "I'm the one making all the baby decisions", an arguement I don't want to have. And I hope that the baby agree's with Friday the 4th! It would totally suck if Sara had to miss the birth.

Indigo- I hope the final report is what you are hoping for.

AFM, Going in for a nuchal translucency ultrasound on Monday. I'm not too worried about it but our insurance covers it so, why not? As for my uterus the most recent news I got was it is definitely bicornuate and MW says she can refer me to a specialist but that person that reviewed my ultrasounds did not recomend it. Oh, how long is it okay to sleep on my stomach for? I feel like there was at least 2 other things I was going to ask advice about and they all seem to have slipped my mind! Happens every time I go to the MW too blah!

This puppy is nothing but trouble, dont let his cute face fool you lol, he cries all night and either sleeps during the day or thinks my fingers and toes are his personal toys to chew on. His name is Marley and he is black lab and german shepard, 7 weeks old.

IMG00162-20110725-1119.jpgIMG00159-20110723-2010.jpg

Old 07-28-2011, 12:15 AM

Crystal ... I'll chime in on a good reason not to do the nuchal translucency screen, if you don't have strong feelings either way.

There is a pretty high rate of false positives with the test, which tends to result in a lot of worry and fear for expectant folks, which makes it a lot harder to enjoy what typically ends up being a perfectly healthy baby, in the case of false positives. 

Often, the false positive leads to an amniocentesis, which comes with its own set of unique risks to the baby.

Would any particular result (Downs, Trisome 18) affect your decision to proceed with the pregnancy?  If not, then there's another reason not to to the test. 

I'm firmly entrenched in the fewer interventions, tests, procedures, ultrasounds, etc, the better ... can you tell?

As with everything -- of course -- the decision is completely up to you!

And if you need support in getting DP onside with keeping your potential boy intact, we can certainly help you with that too.  There's a great subforum full of resources and information. 

By the way, your dog looks like a truly adorable bundle of nothing but trouble! 

ps.  I hear you on drawing a blank when you go to the mw.  Finally, at my last appointment she said, "You know, you often say that you had things in mind to bring up but have forgotten ... how about making a few notes before you come next time?"  Funny.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:24 AM

Crystal, cute puppy.  We used to have a shepard mix named Marley.  Ditto what Starling said about there being a great forum and I skipped the NT because I had a few friends who got false positive and went on to have horribly stressful pregnancies and deliveries only to be relieved when the baby arrived totally healthy.  I have worried about the boy thing because Sara is Jewish and while she and I are on the same page regarding circ, I'm fairly sure her parents are not.  Not to be totally sexist, but boys are easier on just about everything but potty training.  I'm not going to say much on circ, if you want more info I would be happy to give it, but seeing that you're in Cali... Last I heard the circ rate in Ca is down to 13% (unlike Ohio, where it's 83%) so if you have a son and choose to leave the decision up to him when he reaches adulthood you won't have to put up with the common arguments about other kids in the locker room or doctors not knowing how to deal with intact boys.  About you making all the baby decisions, there are plenty others to make (since I obviously don't think circ is a baby decision, it is going to affect his sex life a lot more than my parenting), like: should the baby sleep on my side of the bed or in the middle?  How will she feed him?  What will she feed him?  When to introduce solids?  Where will the baby void?  Flats? Prefolds? Fitteds? Wool, PUL or fleece covers?  Peek-a-boo or tickle monster?  What will the baby wear?  How gendered or gender neutral is prefered?  Battery operated toys?  Wooden toys? Mix? Books?  Which books?  How many times a day will we read to the baby?  Daycare or family care?  Which carseat?  What songs to sing?       So, decisions by the billions.  

I measured my fundus during a contraction and it was 28 cm, measured after and it was 24.  I thought that was pretty funny.  Had brief thoughts about twins.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 AM

we had an ob appt yesterday.  dp's blood pressure is good, we heard the heartbeat and her uterus is measuring on target.  the nurse was surprised that dp had felt movement AND a kick on the outside until we reminded her that we grow big babies.  lol.  dp had blood drawn for her thyroid hormones too.  at our next appt we will have the 20 weeks scan!!!!  our friend mom at daycare is having a girl after 2 boys.  :) 

as for the report - well, they decided there wasn't enough evidence to proceed (wtf, i witnessed it and another parent witnessed it and that's not enough????) so the investigation has been dropped.  i guess we should have called the police or dfacs and not trusted that the daycare management would deal with it in a proper fashion.  we have learned a valuable lesson though - no more ms. nice guy from dp or i if we are ever faced with this situation again.  i have been playing phone tag with the vp but hope to get with him today.  we are so glad we moved ds1 to a new place.  yesterday they had a small water slide outside and ds1 was so exhausted that he fell asleep at 6pm!  his teacher said he was an energy-filled nutball on the slide, lol!

crystal, we did not do the nt scan thingie either with any of our pregnancies.  we know of three families who had false positives.

g

Old 07-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Crystal, I totally forgot about stomach sleeping.  It's uncomfortable before it's unsafe.  I have slept flat on my stomach with all 3 pregnancies from time to time.  It will start to feel like you're trying to sleep balanced on a basketball.  Anyway, I just put one leg up a little and it takes the pressure off the belly.  I recently started putting a pillow under that knee.  I'm thinking I would do better to roll off my belly soon because I'm worried about another posterior baby and I wonder if that is part of it.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

Indigo: I'm glad that your appointment went well. It's exciting that your 20 week scan is coming soon! Are you planning to find out the sex?

Crystal: Your puppy is darling! I think deciding on the NT scan is really hard. We did not do it with this pregnancy, but I can imagine doing it with a future pregnancy. I do think it is important to realize that at your age the risk of downs is extremely low and that you are much more likely to get a false positive than get an actual diagnosis of something being wrong. Are you comfortable doing amniocentesis if the scan does come up positive? Good luck!

AmandaHope: I'm sorry you were being overwhelmed by your in-laws. I hope that you were able to talk to your DP about that today. I'm glad you're loving wearing your baby! Hey--is it Liliah or Lilah?

Seraf: It's exciting that Sara has an interesting job possibility! I hope that works out for her. I'm still guessing I'm having a boy, but I really have no clue. What are you sewing these days?

Starling: A labor playlist is something I just realized this week I should probably consider. What's on yours? I'm sorry you're not sleeping much either.

Mami: Good luck with your move! I hope it goes smoothly.

AFM: I think I'm in the third trimester! Wow. For so long the third trimester seemed like some other-worldly place, a place that some other kind of pregnant people went where I would never go. And now I am here! Pregnancy certainly continues to be surprising. Do you think at some point I'll actually get to the baby part? orngtongue.gif

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Old 07-28-2011, 03:01 PM

Seraf and Escher ... What's on my playlist so far, keeping in mind that it is most definitely a work in progress:

Pony Boy - Elizabeth Mitchell (I've been singing this to the little bump for a while now.)

Closer to Fine - Indigo Girls

The Lucky One - Alison Kraus

32 Flavours - Ani

Morning Has Broken - Cat Stevens

Ole Buffalo - Bill Bourne

Hard Sun - Eddie Vedder

I and Love and You - Avett Brothers

Il Pleure - Art of Noise

Tuolomne - Eddie Vedder

Teach Your Children - Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Rise - Eddie Vedder

Path of Thorns - Sarah McLachlan

Oh My God - Micheal Franti

Tongues - Michael Franti

Anchorage - Michelle Shocked

Jolene - Ray LaMontangne

God Willin and the Creek Don't Rise - Ray LaMontagne

Beg, Steal, Borrow - Ray LaMontagne

Goodbye Grace - Spirit of the West

Trust in Love - Bill Bourne

Byami (Our Creator) - Ganga Giri

Let Go - Zero 7

Drawn to the Rhythm - Sarah McLachlan

As you can see ... I'm drawn to more male energy on this playlist than I normally am, and might load it a little more heavy with male artists.  I've got some mellow, and some intense.  Lots of heavy trance tribal beat stuff at the end, from DJ's I love.  Lots of folky, make-me-cry songs on there too.  Some personal anthems for me, which always sooth.  The list above is just a slice.  The actual playlist is really long and needs some serious trimming.  Anyone got good songs I should know about or remember?

Old 07-28-2011, 03:28 PM

Starling, Landing Gear -Ani DiFranco was the one song I can truly remember from labor... makes me cry just thinking about it, I can remember those moments better than most of the rest of my labor.

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
Old 07-28-2011, 06:07 PM

The only real reason I have to do the NT is because me and DP want to see the baby again now that it looks more like a baby than a blob. I would not get the amnio if the results were positive. I was thinking maybe they can tell DP the results instead of me because if it is positive even with the stats you guys are giving me I'm sure I'd still worry. Since I wont be monitored more often with my bicornuate uterus it would give me peace of mind to be able to see how the baby is fitting in there now and see if it looks like there will be sufficient room for growth. Otherwise we wont have an ultrasound until 20 weeks.

I remembered the other question I had! My cousin/best friend is planning our baby shower and I'm due Feb 3 and I'm wondering when would it be smart to have the shower? Especially since I am at risk for having the baby early.

User Tag List