Queer and Pregnant: July, August, and September - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
joy.gif Welcome queer and pregnant folks! joy.gif

This is the list for July, August, and September.

If you want to be added, just post in bold with your due date. Also, if you have recently had your babe(s), please chime in with the name and birth date in bold. If your information is not correct or has changed, please also post in bold so that I can get it corrected!!

bellycast.gifPregnant bellycast.gif

October 2011
Cakahy, EDD October 1
Starling&Diesel, EDD October 6
Julietea8, EDD October 12
Escher, EDD October 27

November 2011
DAWNMP1, EDD November 1
Nmouse, EDD November 1
Seraf, EDD November 8
Albafan15, EDD November 11
AprilGlynn, EDD November 12

December 2011
2ezforyou, EDD December 2
Mami2mami, EDD December 7
Indigo and DP, EDD December 31

January 2012
KellySF, EDD January 3
Want2BeMumX2, EDD January 8

February 2012
CrystalPerez, EDD February 3
Qmama42, EDD February 14

March 2012
AmyFemme and DP, EDD March 10
Onemommyonemama, EDD March 14

April 2012
Prettyisa, EDD April 15

May 2012
Smilingsara, EDD May 16

babyf.gifGraduates babyf.gif

AmyPDX: Alexander Cole, born 8/7/11
AmandaHope: Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11
Pigirl: Son, born 7/22/11
Mizyellow: Harrison, born 7/20/11
Painefaria: Keegan, born 5/23/11
Cejae: Emmerson and Parker, born 5/22/11
Imogenlily: Soloman Dov, born 5/3/11
2HappyMamas: Baby, born 4/16/11
Bttrflygypsy: Elliot Graham, born 4/15/11
LibraryLady: Alice Meredith, born 4/8/11
Wehrli & jenmostoften: Silas Scott, born 4/4/11
Gumshoegirl007: Addison Alexis Réal, born 3/24/11
Beastie: Esther, born 3/13/11
Burg: Reed Kylie, born 2/05/11
Korey: Baby girl T, born 1/30/11
Coco99: Chloe and Charlie, born 1/30/11
Abeecharmer: Twin girls, born 1/10/11
Mtnlisa: Josie Anne, born 12/18/10
Kimlyn32: Kacey Elaine, born 12/13/10
Erthe_mama & fsonj: Vida, born 11/23/10
Monarchgrrl: Sophia Elizabeth, born 11/2/10
Quasar & Smartycat: Charles Jeffery, born 10/29/10
Mistral: Olivia Grace, born 10/18/10
Lyndzies: Cadence James, born 10/15/10
FTMPapa: Elise Ember Soliel, born 10/3/10
Megan_sacha: Zivia Littlewood, born 8/23/10
Mpkgoddess: Catherine Margaret (Cate), born 8/18/10
Osker & H: daughter, born 8/11/10
Jjnoho: Sam, born 7/8/10
Megincl & Ktcl: Wylie Grace, born 7/4/10
Ksdoulamama: Grace Elizabeth, born 5/17/10
Pleasantlyfurious: Leo Sebastian, born 5/16/10
Kelly: Asa Brent, born 4/29/10
Wishin'&hopin': Henry, born 4/10
Indigoscot: son, born 1/24/10
Kjm: Kale, born 1/12/10
Carmen358: Skylar, born 12/30/09
Kelmendi: Simon, born 12/23/09
Babyfatty: Henry Earl, born 12/9/09
Beth: Hazel, born 11/19/09
Scalpel: Nathan Fisher & Maxwell Edward, born 11/3/09
Denny_Zoo29: Dekaylee May Katherine Bond, born 10/29/09.
Jodybird511: Asher, born 10/9/09
Wazzmum: Tate, born 9/15/09
Raene & River: Cedar, born 8/30/09
DM630: Amelia, born 8/14/09
Ninefirefly: daughter, born 7/31/09
Serenekitten: Asher, born 7/21/09
QTRANDI: Rudy, born 7/7/09
JennM1021: Alexander, born 6/29/09
Lexbeach & Lena: Leo, born 6/26/09
Heart-N-Bones: Ella Grace, born 4/22/09
Quasar & Smartycat: Raymond Joseph, born 4/5/09
Pranava: Zion, born 3/24/09
Giggleblue: "A", born 3/16/09
Pigirl: Baby, born 1/30/09
Starling and Diesel: Esme, born 1/30/09
2happymamas: Colette (Coco), born 1/5/09
Simcon: G, born 12/28/08
MujerMamaMismo: Sebastian Felix, born 12/21/08
Tigermiep & M: Anders Xavier, born 12/11/08
JenInMpls & Jo: E.W., born 10/24/08
Becca: Phoebe Joy, born 10/9/08
Scalpel & Darcie: Alexis Jean, born 8/29/08
Venustx: Levi, Sage, and Jillian, born 8/12/08
AngelaM: Ocean Rae, born 8/10/08
Mamimapster: Jocheved (Julia) Hadassah Bat Sara V' Miriam, born 7/15/08
Kk_davey: Grier, born 7/7/08
MollyKenzie: Lucy & Edie, born 6/18/08
Rightkindofme: Shanna Francesca, born 5/24/08
TheGirls: Alexandra Kathryn Stay, born on 5/12/08
Thismama: Zelda, born 5/6/08
Mamastotwo: son & daughter, born 5/2/08
Msjodi: Delaney Cait, born 5/1/08
Jentina & Sarah: Ellis Thomas, born 2/20/08
NZmumof2 & Leah: Florence, born 1/23/08

candle.gifRecovering from Losses, to Rejoin Us Soon candle.gif

Baby.fatty
Lisedea
Kgulbransen
Fivegrandbaby

[NOTE: Any EDDs over a month old without a birth announcement will be deleted.]

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 05:08 AM

Thanks for the shiny new thread Escher!

carrot.gifbroc1.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif 10, 8, 1 & 1
#3 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Oh my god I am having a baby this month!!!!!!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#4 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

Mizyellow: So exciting! How are you feeling?

Seraf: I agree it is annoying to pay for bloodwork when you already know the results. I hope you're able to figure out a compromise with the OB. Where are you going on your next trip? I can see the baby move sometimes, which is definitely fun. I'm really enjoying this stage, where I can see and feel a fair bit of movement and strangers can tell I'm pregnant but I'm not yet uncomfortably big.

Mami: It sounds like you're making a good decision for you. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this stress. hug.gif

AmandaHope: Those are beautiful pictures! I love that you're already starting to worry about your baby being overdue. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your babe is born sometime after 37 weeks but well before 42 weeks!

Pigirl: Congratulations on reaching full term! Hooray!

Indigo: I'm glad that you've found a better place for DS1. That must be a relief. How is your DP feeling these days?

AFM: I really like July--such a nice summery month. I'm hoping to do lots of swimming this month!

whistling.gifMe, love.gif my wife, blowkiss.gifour son (2.5), and luxlove.gif our daughter (5 months)
#5 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 09:20 AM

Yellow, this month!!!! That's so exciting!   You are almost term!!!

Escher, Sara wants to go to Pittsburgh sometime this month.  Then we need to go find 2ez sometime, I don't remember if that's this month or not.  We may or may not go to Kentucky in August (depending on whether friends go)and we will surely go to KY in September.  Also in September is the DC trip.  October we will stay home to nest and do the Halloween thing.  November we will have a new baby, Thanksgiving downstairs and and then December takes us to Cleveland for Hannukah and Little rock for Christmas (stinking holidays being so close together).  You planning any trips?  Enjoy the swimming.  Do you get any kind of luck for threadkeeping over here?  Like easiest labor or something?

#6 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 10:27 AM

Thanks for the shiny new thread, Escher! I'm popping in after a couple of weeks of lurking. I've got my heart set on having a mellow August and Sept. before my due date and am trying to make it though a very long list of stuff to get my house feel like a home again, get work settled down, and prepare for the babe. We looked back at May and June and found that we had 7 weekends in a row with either family in town or other whole-weekend type plans or obligations. This weekend we're going camping and then it's three weekends in a row with no plans!

In any case, I'm enjoying keeping up with you all. Mini-personal... AmandaHope, those pics are really lovely. I agree... you look pregnant. But, I'm sorry more didn't come out to your liking. Seref... that's a lot of travel planned! I'm excited to have our due date come just before the beginning of the holiday season... just because everyone seems a little more relaxed during those months. Even if family stuff can ramp up, folks seem to unwind a little. MizYellow and others due in July.... here you go! There's so many new babes coming this month. Congratulations! Escher... I wish it was more consistently warm in the summer around here... not a lot of swimming opportunities. Early in my pregnancy a friend gave me a maternity bathing suit. I wasn't quite sure how much use I'd get out of it but I'm camping by a lake up north this weekend so it might get some. Thanks so much for thread-tending!

AFM: The LO is kicking morning, noon and night lately which is so nice. DW can feel her now. I had a vivid dream about her the other night... saw her very clearly and she was so happy hanging out with both of her moms. Lovely. With the regular movement, and other things in life slowing down, I'm feeling a greater connection to her. Still eating no added sugar and nothing white... starch-wise. I'm hoping that my next appointment on Tuesday shows a much different glucose read. Although, it sounds like there is not much agreement on GD. Some folks seem to say that more blood glucose is normal and good... that more access to it is needed for the growing babe so pregnant bodies rightfully slow down its processing. Hoping I don't have to go through what it takes to deal with a GD diagnosis. Hope everyone is well and happy!

Mama with my beautiful wife blowkiss.gifenjoying our new little love, R, born October 16, 2011.
#7 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post
Do you get any kind of luck for threadkeeping over here?  Like easiest labor or something?

There might be something to this...for me anyway. Got my BFP with DD the only time I did the thread for TTC and I did the thread for 3 months while pregnant with DD and I had a fairly quick, very efficient labour and home birth winky.gif

You never know.....orngtongue.gif

Me joy.gif, DP treehugger.gif, S bikenew.gif and L babyboy.gif
#8 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen358 View Post

There might be something to this...for me anyway. Got my BFP with DD the only time I did the thread for TTC and I did the thread for 3 months while pregnant with DD and I had a fairly quick, very efficient labour and home birth winky.gif

You never know.....orngtongue.gif

Hey, sounds good to me.  I enjoyed the threadkeeping and will be ready for an efficient labor in a few weeks!

Julie: Good to hear from you!  Your dream sounds lovely.   I certainly hope that you can avoid a GD diagnosis.  I'd been eating pretty carefully until the last week or so...I'm finally giving into the pregnancy indulgence logic, which really doesn't make sense given that my body sheds weight only with MAJOR effort.  Today it was big sourdough pretzels--YUM.  Yesterday, quiche.  Tomorrow, pie.  UGH. 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#9 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 07:39 PM

Thanks for the new thread Escher! By the way our EDD is 12-07-11.

Mizyellow- Good luck for a safe and healthy delivery this month.

Me (29)  in heartbeat.gif with DW (40) 
DD (12) and DS our special needs baby (4) placed 03-01-10
Our furbaby dog2.gif Bella (Yorkie) 

Layla Janae 11/22/11 

ds2(8mos)placed 08-o3-2012
#10 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 08:26 PM

Hello I would like to be added! My due date seems to move around depending on whom I am talking to (OB, midwife, or ultrasound tech), but as far as I am concerned I am due November 1, 2011.

First baby due Oct/Nov 2011. Slowly finding my way...

#11 of 641 Old 07-01-2011, 08:36 PM

Welcome, nmouse, and congratulations!  joy.gif You're already well into your second trimester, right?  Would you please tell us a bit about yourself and your family?  Inquiring minds like to know... 

Partner rainbow1284.gif of 17 yrs to DP,  Mommy to 10-yr-old Z blowkiss.gif, and Lilah Nyx, born 7/24/11 luxlove.gif.

#12 of 641 Old 07-02-2011, 05:56 AM

nmouse: Welcome! This forum is just wonderful, can't wait to hear all about your pregnancy and fam!

This board feels quiet. We need some preggos to come and shake things up a bit!

37 weeks tomorrow! And I keep cycling between wanting him out like tomorrow and wanting him to never leave. I am fairly confident that this is my last baby. (I guess I gotta give Chels a shot at the baby making thing at SOME point) and I am TRYING to relish the in moment. I love watching him nearly poke a hole in my tummy. I love knowing that i have 2 heartbeats in my body. I love having him so safe and warm and cozy in my body. I just want the pelvic pain to ease up a bit, then he could stay forever. I think that is why they make the last few weeks so uncomfortable (and by they I mean the pregnancy gods of course) if they didn't we would do everything in our power to keep them in our bellies!

Ahope- You bout made it through the week right? YAY!!!!  You did it! Congrats, now it is smooth sailing til you pop! I don't worry overly about going past my due date, I didn't with Lennon and my body is obviously prepping for labor. I say that now......

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 
#13 of 641 Old 07-02-2011, 09:05 AM

hello all!!!  happy fourth of july weekend.  :)

dp says she *thinks* the nausea might be letting up a little.  woo!  we'll take that.  :)  our wee one has been wriggling here and there on a somewhat consistent schedule.  i can't wait until i can feel the kicks from the outside.  last pregnancy dp had an anterior placenta and didn't feel too much in the middle and this time she does so we think probably the placenta is posterior this time. 

ds1 had a great first 1/2 day at the new daycare and the teacher and admin said he was fine and fit right in.  he starts there full-time on tuesday.  we have been in touch with our state gifted association and got a lot of FABULOUS advice.  just for a challenge i got ds1 a 100 piece puzzle and we did that yesterday afternoon.  when i say "we" he did it mostly by himself in about 30mins.  he always starts with an inside piece and eventually gets to the edges.  i guess he has good spatial awareness?

welcome nmouse!!!!  congrats on your pregnancy! :)

g

my family - dp d heartbeat.gif, ds b biggrinbounce.gif (4), ds f thumbsuck.gif (2), dd a baby.gif (jan '12), ddog m dog2.gif
#14 of 641 Old 07-02-2011, 10:09 AM

Thanks for the welcome! I am indeed clunking along in my second trimester. As for my family, I'm monogamous with an opposite sex partner that I've been with for 12 years, though we haven't been monogamous for our entire relationship. We also have two cats who are monogamous with each other. My partner and I committed through private exchange of promises in summer 2006, we don't have plans to become legally married, and our families really don't know what to do with us. I guess the monogamy makes my bisexuality purely theoretical, or at least acted out only in very vivid dreams, and my ambivalence about "passing" is doubtless why it took me so long to arrive over here in the queer parenting forum. But I'm glad to be here now. Unexpected issues are coming up for me about baby names (first and last names are in play) and that is probably just the tip of the iceberg that will emerge along with our little one. I'm hoping to raise our baby outside a rigid pink/blue system, not just in terms of garments but also stories, myths, toys, etc so holding onto my own identity feels more important then ever. My partner feels differently, his own bisexuality is a fading memory and not something he thinks of as part of his identity, though he generally supports a non-gender-normative rearing for our baby. 

indigoscot, I'm interested in the anterior placenta thingy. Even at 22 weeks, I still feel only faint nudges low down, predominantly, alas, on my bladder. Though I'm feeling very fond of my little nudger, I'm wondering if this is normal. When my midwife listened with the doppler she said it sounded like an anterior placenta. Does that mean you don't feel kicks as much? My paranoia of course has me assuming these low-down nudges mean I will have a breech baby. 

First baby due Oct/Nov 2011. Slowly finding my way...

#15 of 641 Old 07-02-2011, 02:10 PM

Welcome nmouse! I'm so glad you joined us!

Indigo--what a relief that you found the right place for ds! It sounds like a huge weight has been lifted. And I'm soooo glad that dp's nausea is starting to go away. Hopefully she'll reach that point where she can really start enjoying her pregnancy.

Mizyellow--you're right, it has been really quiet around here. There are lots of preggos that we haven't heard from in a while!

Escher--Thanks for the new thread! How are you feeling, mama? Oh yeah, my EDD is 2/14/2012.

AHope--I know just what you mean. I had my daughter almost 3 1/2 years ago and I literally just got back to my pre-pregnancy size two weeks before I got my bfp.  Pie sounds pretty good right now...

AFM--Still sick, but so happy about this three day weekend and the opportunities to rest. I am pretty sure I forgot to post about it earlier this week, but I had my first u/s on Monday. Perfect little flickering heartbeat! I was right on measuring 6 weeks, 5 days. I head to my new ob's office on Wednesday for my "returning mama intake class." I was really bummed about switching docs, but my insurance changed so I had to. The best thing about my old doc (other than the fact that she is amazing) is that her practice is in the hospital that is three blocks from my house. Ridiculously convenient for appts and for actually having the baby. It was great when I had my dd and dw was able to dash home, feed the cats, shower, get me whatever by just walking up the street. Now, my new doc is much further away (a definite car trip), but she will do a vbac which is what I'm hoping for!

For now, I am trying to keep the nausea at bay. I had the best handmade Chinese noodles for dinner last night--so yummy, until an hour later when my tummy realized they were too spicy. Ended in tears and a miserable night. That's another restaurant I can cross off the list til 2012. I hate when that happens! Has anyone tried B6 vitamins? The advice nurse was singing their praises when I called my doc earlier in the week. So far, they haven't done shit.

Happy 4th to all!

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#16 of 641 Old 07-02-2011, 08:20 PM

Testing. My phone is letting me post in any forum but this one lately.

#17 of 641 Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 AM

GUYS I am 37 weeks today!!! YAY!!!!!! Come on Baby H!!!! So excited!! I think I will celebrate by......bouncing on a ball and eating?! Haha sounds about right.

Qmama- I didn't do the B6, I used seabands and altoids. The strong peppermint really helps me to keep my m/s at bay. I am less of an actual puker though, more of the "oh my god I wish I could vomit so I could stop feeling like this" kind of nausea. Yay for the ultrasound! I really love them, seeing that little bean is so exciting and reassuirng!

Ahope- eat woman eat! Enjoy the cravings, I think you look great and like you won't have much to lose after the baby comes so give in to those temptations!

Seraf- How are things in the 2ww?

Grocery shopping today, feel like I SHOULD get some freezer type food to make but am awfully lazy. Can't we just eat sandwiches? :)

#18 of 641 Old 07-03-2011, 08:12 AM

Yellow, Yay for 37 weeks! Cereal, salad and sandwhiches sound lovely. We had a lot of friends who brought food after our babies were born. I don't have the same kind if community anymore, but you might? TWW is fun as ever. Cramps yesterday (6 dpo). Still taking the vitex. Bleeding like crazy (breakthrough bleeding is monthly for her. Doc says it's just ovulation).

Indigo, glad the new school is looking good. And the nausea is letting up.

Nmouse, I'm about a week behind you and most of the movement I feel is down low, too. My babe is still transverse, because that's the way my kids roll. But I really think I feel more movement there because I have the least padding there. And yeah, anterior placenta just makes it harder to feel kicks, just like you almost never feel kicks directed toward your back.

Qmama, you only have to keep that restaurant in mind to avoid for a couple of months. Everything will be peachy again soon. I have been meaning to ask ifthe 42 is in refrence to anything particular?

Sara's folks are in town but I have to work today. Woo fun.

#19 of 641 Old 07-03-2011, 11:44 AM

Seraf--The 42 is a nod to my old life--the one in which I was an extremely fit college basketball player. I haven't been able to shake myself of my old uniform number. Now it's just a pleasant reminder...

Mama (37) to a sweet 4-year-old daughter, a baby girl born 1/18/12 and wife to a fantastic woman.

#20 of 641 Old 07-03-2011, 01:13 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Hello all!  Now that the hubbub is starting to settle with the recent Mothering drama and Peggy O'Mara has made an acceptable apology, I'm ready to jump in again.  Although we're not home much and I can't stand posting or reading on my iphone, so I can't promise that I'll be all that present.  We'll see what happens! 

Congratulations on 37 weeks, MizYellow!  That's when I had my daughter.  37 weeks and some change.  Now it's all about hurrying up and waiting.  I have no idea what it's like to go past 37 weeks ... that's going to be a whole new ballgame!  Were you the one wondering if you'd go late this time?  I wonder that all. the. time.  I cannot imagine being up to six weeks MORE pregnant! 

Here's some BFP dust for you and yours, Serafdust.gif

Indigo ... Lovely to hear that the nausea is easing off.  I wish I could say the same! 

Nmouse ... Welcome!  Congratulations on your pregnancy! 

Library ... I meant to chime in when you dropped names the other day ... MO WILLEMS!!!  Wow!  And the others too.  So jealous!  Glad to hear that wee Alice is doing well.  When I had dd my publisher (Penguin) sent me a little onesie that said "future writer."  You need to muster up one of those for Alice! 

qmama ... Sorry to hear that you're still feeling sick.  I'm not a happy story in that regard.  I'm still gagging and barfing well into my 26th week.  Would it help if I said that it eventually just becomes a new sort of normal?  Bleak, I know.  But true for me. 

AmandaH ... I think the pictures are gorgeous!  You look preggo for sure!  And you're getting close to meeting your baby soon ... SO exciting!  And so great that you made it past your own personal goal post.  SCORE! 

Escher ... Thanks for keeping the thread!  And here's hoping that it does, indeed, come with it's own special delivery juju. 

Julie ... Good luck with your GD testing!  I've got that coming up too, and I'm not being particularly vigilant at all.  I'm just so relieved to have an appetite recently that I'm eating pretty much anything I want.  Thankfully, I'm managing to keep my consumption to a dull roar, and thinks like gluten-free manioc biscuits are a huge 'treat' for me, so I'm hoping that I'll be okay.  We can compare notes once our numbers are in.  My next MW appointment isn't until July 13 and I won't have to do the test before then, so once we're back from this mini holiday coming up, I'll dive into the preventative measure with gusto.

Sorry for the thin personals!  And so sorry if I've missed anyone. 

AFM:  We were at my parents' place on the Sunshine Coast for a few days, home now for a couple of days and then leaving tomorrow to go to Saltspring Island for a holiday at a lake-side cabin with just DP, DD and myself.  It will be lovely!  We've been hanging out at lots of beaches and swimming as much as possible, so I can't wait to to go to Saltspring and dive into the marvelous lakes.  There is a clothing-optional beach at the lake just above the lake our cabin is on, so I plan on spending the majority of our time at that beach.  I'm not a fan of bathing suits, and have swum naked pretty much everywhere I can get away with it.  I took DP and DD to a secret swimming hole at a waterfall on a secluded trail last weekend and revelled in jumping off the cliff (only about ten feet) and into the icy cold fresh water.  Baby kicked and rolled and I felt like a million bucks.  So, more swimming and wandering in the forest coming up!  Two of my favourite things! 

I'm officially on leave from work, and won' t be going back until October 2012!  Whoo hoo! 

I filed for my EI benefits today, which will see us through the duration, although at about fifty percent of my income.  We're fine with that.  Bring on the leave! 

We've also got the folk festival coming up, which we go to every year.  Three days of awesome music and awesome people on the edge of the Pacific Ocean!  This year I get to go to the head of the porta-loo lineups because pregnant women and toddlers get to skip the line.  YAY! 

Baby has been kicking and rolling and poking and responding to our voices a lot lately.  I love being pregnant.  I'm sad to think that this is likely the last time I'll be pregnant.  It's going too fast! 

dust.gifFour-eyed tattooed fairy godmother queer, mama to my lucky star (5) and little bird (2.5). Resident storyteller at www.thestoryforest.com. Enchanting audiostories for curious kids. Come play in the forest!
#21 of 641 Old 07-03-2011, 06:53 PM

Starling: Welcome back! Great to hear from you again.  I'm painfully jealous of your BC summer.  Last time I was in Victoria, we went to the Souk Potholes--jumping into icy water that was very deep and so crystal clear that it felt like jumping off a 50 foot cliff.  It was AMAZING. And the music festival sounds divine.  Enjoy this magical summer.  I know what you mean about the pregnancy going fast.  I can't believe that I have a months left at most.  Ever.  I know I'll miss it and am trying to enjoy it as much as possible, despite the discomforts and my eagerness to meet this lovely little person. 

MizYellow: I haven't frozen anything, either.  Part of the problem is summer--I don't want to make stews, lasagna, etc. (ie, the easy stuff to freeze).  My mom will be here for a few weeks and says she'll double everything she makes, so I think I'll just make do with that.  Hope I can convince her to make some healthy food...  More importantly, congrats on 37 weeks!  That is huge!  And I'm right behind you--I'll be 36 weeks on Wednesday, so just a week and a half to go for me. 

Qmama:  Hang in there.  For most of us (with some painful exceptions, Starling) got over whatever m/s we had by about 16 weeks or so, right?  I hope you feel better soon.  Lots of protein in small, regular intervals--I've never eaten so much cheese in my life as during this pregnancy. 

AFM: DD is home!  She had a fantastic time at camp.  One of her highlights was climbing a 50 foot outdoor tower (made of wood beams covered with rock climbing holds, with a platform on top), and she was able to do it again today while we watched.  She was harnessed and belayed, of course, so she was perfectly safe, but it was really hard and frightening at times, and I am so incredibly proud of her for doing it--twice!  She also got really into archery--so cool.  And she is singing Hebrew camp songs under her breath nonstop.  I love it.  She is currently soaking off some grime in the bath.  I said she could sleep with me, but not until she gets clean!  Sadly, the dog is a nightmare with all the fireworks, but we're dealing with it (uh...mostly DP is dealing with it).  DP and I had some great quality time together these past few weeks, and now I just need to finish up some writing and to enjoy my last few weeks of a mother of one.  Hard to believe how much our lives are about to change. 

#22 of 641 Old 07-04-2011, 08:16 AM

Q mama, I thought you might be a Douglas Adams fan. Feeling any better?

Starling, sounds like a great trip. I had been wondering about diving. I want to teach Osh to flip off the dving board but wasn't sure if it was safe.

AmandaHope, glad your dd had a great time. We also had some fireworks induced dog drama. Life changing is great, yeah? Hopefully it's great for your whole family. I forget, are you going to the hospital? What are your plans for your dd during labor?

How about that to everyone with kids, what are you planning for your kids to do while you're in labor?

I dot remember what was planned for Ari's birth, but Osha convenienty took a 45 minute nap and slept through it. I'm not sure what the plan is this time. Here is a 50% chance they willbe with their mama. Otherwise I could get my mom or sister to hang out with them. They may be asleep. Mylast 2 labors started at 4:26 pm so if it's a shorter labor it will be a daytime thing. If it's longerthey will be in bed if they're home. Thy

want to be with me when the baby comes, but we are worried it will stress Ari out. Hard to say, I don't remember being areally stessed out laborer, but I'm pretty sure she couldn't just sit on my lap, lol.

On the tww front, 2 more bunnies today and Sara reportedsome smell sensitivity. And a bee sting, tho I have never heard that go one wayor the other.

#23 of 641 Old 07-04-2011, 11:00 AM

Seraf: I'm excited for you two and your TWW...really hope this is it.  As for the birth, we're planning for DD to be with us.  We've watched lots of birth videos with her, and she doesn't seem to get stressed out easily in intense situations (low-level anxiety is more her thing), so I think she'll be ok.  If anything, she'll just get bored and want attention or something to do.  The midwives and hospital require, though, that each older child has a "special person" as a designated caregiver (understandably enough, since the nurses and midwives have other things to do), so our doula is planning to bring along a doula in training who will be that person for Zoe.  DP's parents will be around and can shuttle her back and forth to the hospital as needed (since only the birthing mom and her partner can stay during the night/non-visiting hours postpartum), but I don't want my mother in law in the delivery room, and there is no good waiting room on the floor.  In fact, at night, there is no waiting room open at all in the hospital--it is a low-traffic hospital that doesn't handle a lot of emergencies.  So I think that the asst doula plan should work out pretty well.  I'm also hoping not to get to the hospital until things are moving pretty quickly.  That's why we hired a doula; she can help us figure out when to leave for the hospital, which is about 45 minutes away (up to 1:15 in bad traffic--ugh).  I haven't packed our hospital bags yet, but I did get the emergency car bag put together (lots of chux pads, clean towels, blanket, basin, and pillow). 

MizYellow: remind us about your birth plan. You are using CNMs in the hospital, is that right?  How far away is the hospital?  What are your plans for your DS?  Who else will be at the birth?

#24 of 641 Old 07-05-2011, 04:03 AM

Slow holiday weekend.  

AmandaHope, I think your DD is old enough to handle it without much trouble.  My sister was 11 when she saw Osha's birth and it weren't nothin.  I'm not a very vocal birther, and she could leave the room any time she wanted to, so she slept most of the labor (he was born at 9 am).  I think Osha would be fine, really.  He has only once expressed trouble with a video of surgery, but I think it was the content. and I think real life is way different than videos (just that the screen makes it different).  Haha, I tease Sara that I am worried about her being there, since she had quite a reaction to the IUIs (had to leave the room, almost puked).  Tell her I'm going to wear a skirt to catch the baby in case she passes out.

I've been keeping track of my calories.  Partly because I came into an ap that does it, partly because I'm bored and partly because I'm not gaining weight.  Turns out there's a good reason.  I'm only eating 1200-1600 calories a day.  So I'm packing a huge lunch today to try to get up to where I should be.  Jeeze.  Gopefully half a block of cream cheese and half a bag of chocolate chips will help.  LOL.  Tomorrow I have another OB appointment.  Sara gets to come.  I think this time it's a nurse practitioner.  Hoping that I just didn't like the first nurse I was exposed to.

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend.  

#25 of 641 Old 07-05-2011, 06:01 AM

AHope: I think it is so neat that your daughter gets to watch the birth! I wish I thought Lennon could handle it (disaster) what a great way to forge an amazing bond right off the bat! I must be emotional today, I got a little teary just thinking about it.

I am delivering in a hospital with a CNM. I plan to use as few interventions as possible of course, my hospital requires a hep lock and I can labor in the birthing tub but can't actually deliver in the tub :(  Last time I had an epidural and pitocin (my contractions never started after my water broke) so this will be a whole new experience for me. I am excited and scared to death. I am not um good with pain. But I can totally do this. Bag is kinda packed. We have clothes and my boppy. Really the rest is stuff we use, my computer, ipod, sleep bra so they will probably all be forgotten :)

Seraf: I am confused about the bunnies. Oooo I hope Sara is preggo, I think this would be a great distance apart (about 6 months right?)  It made me giggle thinking about her having to leave the room when you are giving birth.

So I am ready to have this baby. I am just not sleeping because of my pelvic so I think it is time for him to come. I even vacuumed yesterday (I am not a cleaner) so I think I nested. Come on baby H we are ready for you!

#26 of 641 Old 07-05-2011, 04:17 PM

We would love to be added, my DP's EDD is 08/11/11. However we are pregnant with twins, so our OBGYN is expecting them to be born anytime in the next 2 weeks. 

I am (24) with my belly.gif dp (29) for 6 years, we are expecting our twins hug2.gif , a boy and a girl anytime.  We have 8 fur babies.  5 dogs dog2.gif and 3 cats cat.gif .

#27 of 641 Old 07-05-2011, 08:06 PM

Immabean3: Whoa--welcome and congratulations!  You found us just in time!  Would you tell us a bit more about you and your family?  How incredibly exciting that it will have two new additions in the  next few weeks!  Between you and MizYellow, the next few weeks should be interesting around here. 

Seraf: Eat, woman!  That's not enough calories!  Do you like cheese? Boy, is that a quick way to up your calories, fat, and protein.  I've been a bit out of control about cheese lately.  I just don't want meat or fish, for whatever reason.  Except hamburgers.  Yum.  But I can't eat ketchup bc of the heartburn.  Jeez--I hope that Sara can make it through the birth!  Especially if you are going unassisted, it might help to have a conscious adult in the room!  If you do it UC, is there anyone else whom you'd have there?  Let us know how the second chance OB visit goes.

MizYellow: It is probably good to get past the ambivalence to the "I'm ready" place.  Good for you.  I'm hoping to follow you in a few more weeks; I'm definitely not feeling ready yet.  That said, I had a series of Braxton Hicks earlier that got my attention, and though I really don't want to go into labor now, it was still sort of exciting...until I rested in bed and they stopped.  It is true that I'm really excited for DD to be at the birth.  These days, not a lot of kids get to be at (and remember) a sibling's birth.  I watched a birth video on YouTube that showed a mom being comforted and cuddled by her 2 1/2 year old during active labor, and it made me cry.  I hadn't realized that you were induced last time, just like I was.  It is really not a great way to start labor, and I certainly hope we can both avoid that this time around. I can understand being scared about pain, but you can totally do it.  Especially the second time around--your body knows just what to do.  Have you been practicing relaxation or anything?  I finally gave in and decided to get the Hypnobabies CDs, but I didn't want to spend the money, so it occurred to me to check the library, and viola--I should be able to pick them up tomorrow or Thursday.  I'm hoping that the pregnancy affirmations help me focus on the end of the pregnancy some more and that the labor relaxation tracks help me deal with early labor (since I didn't really have an early labor last time, thanks to the pitocin).  I hope the pelvic pain lets up, though I realize that's unlikely until your littlest guy makes his appearance. 

Is anyone else doing Hypnobabies?

#28 of 641 Old 07-05-2011, 08:45 PM

Immabean3- Congrats and welcome!!!!

Yellow- joy.gif Horray for being ready! And I think the bunnies are about good luck but not 100% sure LOL

Seraf- I agree with Yellow I think now would be a good time for Sara to turn up preggo. KMFX!

Qmama- LOVE that little flicker!! When do you go in again?

I can't wait to hear some beautiful birth stories soon!

Sorry to be so short but I don't remember the posts from the other page and don't want to lose my post =]

I have quite the dilemma. Before I got preggo I was a size 34D or DD. I got measured around 5 weeks and was 34DD and got a bra that size. I got measured yesterday and was a 32E but I think 34 fits good. Of course I can find NOWHERE that makes a 34E, even online I've checked Motherhood, Victoria's Secret, and Lane Bryant. Can anyone think of ANY other places I could check? My poor sore boobs are suffocating!

rainbow1284.gifCrystal (24) DP to Christina (27) together since 7/23/08rainbow1284.gif

Baby Cohen was born 7 weeks early on 12/12/11

#29 of 641 Old 07-05-2011, 10:05 PM

Delurking...

Crystal--that's about the size I am, and I've had good luck with Nordstrom. They have a good online section, too. I didn't get a maternity bra, just a regular but bigger one.

Amanda--we're doing hypnobirthing, but taking a five-part class. The last class is tomorrow, but I still need to finish the book smile.gif I'm just shy of 37 weeks, so I figure I still have a bit of time.

Mizyellow--I'm with you. We should have his room ready by the weekend, and our shower is on Sunday. Then I'll give in to this nagging "I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore" feeling. I don't think my feet can get more swollen!

Seraf--I'm rooting for Sara this tww! How many weeks are you now?

Starling--yay for leave!

Escher--thanks for taking over the thread. My EDD is 7/30, btw. Though I have a feeling little dude will wait for early august. I'm glad this part of pregnancy is going well for you--hooray for lots of movement!

AFM--life's been crazy. I mostly get a chance to read the threads on my phone on the way to work, but it's near impossible to post from there. We're scrambling to get everything In order before the shower this weekend. It's offsite, but MIL is stopping by our place first (she doesn't come over often; I gotta clean!), and I'd like to have spots to stash the baby loot once we get back home. Right now baby gear is in a pile in the living room and a pile in the basement. DP doesn't seem to share my sense of urgency on this, but she's doing her best to keep up with my to-do list. smile.gif We're full term this Saturday, which means cleared for home birth! And the pool arrives fedex tomorrow. Whew!

Mama to Alex, born 8/11. Just changed my username...
#30 of 641 Old 07-06-2011, 04:26 AM

Yellow, besides being lucky, bunnies are known for their fertility (and no, I'm not excited about them because of the old saying, "The rabbit died.").  I started seeing bunnies the day I inseminated last, saw them daily until 2ez got her BFP and then they dried up.  Then, I started seeing them when we insemed Sara and have seen them very regularly again.  I take it as a good sign.  We also have a pet bunny, but she doesn't seem to be as lucky as the wild ones.                                              Don't forget your camera!  My personal theory is that you have to be wanting the baby out so bad for at least 2 weeks before they will actually come on their own.  LOL.   That was my experience at least.

Immabean, good luck on your birth.  I've known a few twin moms who went term, you might just get lucky.

AmandaHope, I'm trying to eat!  I'm not a big cheese eater, I know that holds me back (for one thing, my bowels are sluggish due to the pregnancy, adding cheese to the mix doesn't sound like a good idea to me).  I stuffed myself yesterday.  The food group I eat the least of is carbs.  I know they bump up the calorie count pretty quickly, too.  I have never tried hypnobabies, but I read lots of good reviews about it.  We are thinking about getting it before too long.  From what I've read, it seems to be favored over hypnobirthing, but I can't remember why.  I can understand you and Yellow being nervous of the pain since you were both induced.  Natural labor is less ... like a freight train?  At least in the beginning.  Once it is like a freight train, well, it's too late for an epidural.  And without an epidural you can move around to get comfortable and smack the doctor if they get on your nerves (kidding, I'm a total pacifist, I would never really advocate violence against birthing professionals).

Chrystal, Holy dilema!  Sorry, I know nothing about bras but the nursing bras at target used to be adjustable, like you could move the cup size down or up the shoulder strap to make them 3 different sizes.  Don't know if they're similar or not now.  I haven't been bra shopping yet, got a few new ones a while ago because I went from a small b to a large c, but haven't looked into nursing or maternity bras yet.

Amy, I'm 22 weeks, the baby is now as heavy as a can of spray paint.  Getting bigger by the second.  The baby kicks all the time now and I'm loving it.  I hope you ride the bus or train to work!  Yay for term!!  So many term mamas!

Nothing new and exciting going on with me.  It's hot.  Anyone on WIC?  They seem to have changed a LOT over the last few years.  I asked about their income limits and they were way higher than I expected.  For my size family we could have a combined income of $4800 a month (haha, we don't).  They have a good deal of breastfeeding support and stuff like that, I have a friend who works for them in that area.  I'm going in to apply next week.  

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page